PDA

View Full Version : legendary birds

Ytnim
April 2nd, 2004, 05:23 AM
Someone has probbaly already pointed this out but the 3 legendary birds have numbers.
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres

Uno means 1, dos means 2, tres means 3. I'm not sure of the exact language but most European languages use these or something like these as 1, 2 and 3.

--White Wolf--
April 2nd, 2004, 05:55 AM
Yeah thats right! how funny

Greetz,
--White Wolf--

cyber_killer
April 2nd, 2004, 06:08 AM
This Was Already Posted Somewhere.. First Look Before Posting..

Ryoutarou
April 2nd, 2004, 02:37 PM
it's spanish language
POP

Mattokun
April 2nd, 2004, 02:56 PM
Whoa I never noticed that before, that's crazy. o.O

WillowMage
April 2nd, 2004, 04:28 PM
Oh cyber killer, why would Ytnim look for another post like this? Do you realize how long that would take? Geez, lighten up, Mr.Serious Dude.

Timbjerr
April 2nd, 2004, 05:26 PM
this is way oldskool news...I'm really surprised that you couldn't identify it as Spanish...

Chairman Kaga
April 2nd, 2004, 07:55 PM
It sounds better than Articun, Zapdeux, and Moltrois at any rate :P

Jeremy
April 2nd, 2004, 08:08 PM
I just learned the Mewtwo has a two at the end, and two means dos in English. :P Most people knew about the legndary birds names anyway :P

Wes The Snager
April 2nd, 2004, 08:57 PM
dude i knew about that when i was like 10 when pkmn first came out omg how did it take you this looooooooooooooooooooooong to figure that out?

Ytnim
April 2nd, 2004, 10:00 PM
It took me one look at the legendary birds names to figure this out. I just thought Id post it incase someone didn't know. I am a fairly new member to pokecommunity.

PM2008
April 10th, 2004, 01:51 PM
I just learned the Mewtwo has a two at the end, and two means dos in English. :P Most people knew about the legndary birds names anyway :P

Umm... two does not mean dos in English!! I think you got it backwards it means that in Spanish.

These news are very old. :knockedou

Battery Cat
April 11th, 2004, 04:13 AM
I never knew that until now. I didn't think that english Pokemon names would have other langwhichis(?) in them, I'm now under steading why some people use words from other langwhichis(?) in made up Pokemon.

cyber_killer
April 11th, 2004, 07:40 AM
Almost Every Pokemon Has Something Foreign In Its Name.. Pikachu; Pika Means Rat/Mouse (Read It Somwhere) And Chu Is The Sound It Makes

Dizzy
April 11th, 2004, 07:44 AM
Someone has probbaly already pointed this out but the 3 legendary birds have numbers.
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres

Uno means 1, dos means 2, tres means 3. I'm not sure of the exact language but most European languages use these or something like these as 1, 2 and 3.

They went Spanish On that one. Because in Portuguese its Um/Uma, Dois/Duas, and Trs. And French it's un, deux and, troix

But I thought most of everyone knew that.

asher_son_of_ash
April 11th, 2004, 10:07 AM
Almost Every Pokemon Has Something Foreign In Its Name.. Pikachu; Pika Means Rat/Mouse (Read It Somwhere) And Chu Is The Sound It Makes

:D Don't ya mean Chu means mouse and Pika is the sound it makes? Ya got it backwards.

cyber_killer
April 11th, 2004, 11:09 AM
Oh- Hehe, I thought There Was Something Wrong About It ^_^'

Lucifer
April 11th, 2004, 11:25 AM
I thought just about everyone would've picked up on that from the offset. :\

Hikaru's Twin
April 11th, 2004, 11:30 AM
:D Don't ya mean Chu means mouse and Pika is the sound it makes? Ya got it backwards.

'Chu' does mean mouse, but i've always heard that 'Pika' either meant 'Electric' or 'Lightning' and 'Rai' (as in Raichu) meant 'Thunder'

cyber_killer
April 11th, 2004, 11:42 AM
I Also Thought That.. There Was A Site Wich Had Pokedex With The Meaning Of The Words With It..
I Once Searched It Via Google, Didn't Know What I Searched Nor When I Did It..

Flaming Torchic
April 11th, 2004, 12:13 PM
To be honest with you, I never knew about that until I saw this thread o_O; Excellent observation Ytnim!

Oh, and if the thread that already stated hadn't been posted in for over a month, and he just wanted to bring this discussion up again, then him remaking this thread is perfectly fine.

Duke R
April 11th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Yeah, that was in the most popular Brazilian Pokmon magazine... 3 years ago, I think... in Pokmon Dungeon Dex pika means rat/mouse and chu the rat's/mouse's cry... but I heard a few years ago that pikapika means lightning...I heard...

Chairman Kaga
April 11th, 2004, 05:09 PM
But then again...don't all Japanese pokemon's names mean something? I only know a few words in Japanese, but for instance...

Shroomish = Kinokoko? Kinoko = Mushroom (I think o.o)

And that's about all I know ._.

asher_son_of_ash
April 12th, 2004, 12:03 AM
I know that Raikou means Thunder in Japanese. ^_^; But I forgot the name meanings of Suicune..[ I THINK IT MEANS NORTH WIND] and Entei. XD

Jesus Freak Josh
April 12th, 2004, 01:17 AM
Entei is volcano. And I think half of us knew about the birds.
Sorry!