{TRAINERS}
http://www.crystaltechstudios.com/Pokemon_Modding/Trainer_Male_PC.png
-male 'hero'
http://www.crystaltechstudios.com/Pokemon_Modding/Trainer_Female_PC.png
-female heroine

{STEPS}
http://www.crystaltechstudios.com/Pokemon_Modding/Progress_Snake.gif

http://www.crystaltechstudios.com/Pokemon_Modding/Progress_Wolf.gif
-the rectangle in the bg is the bounding box... if I plan on inserting these they have to fit within those boxes...

*if you have any questsions please post which frame number you wish elaborated on

Btw, MythTrainer Absol helped me fix the graphics inserting problem, now it all works perfectly yay!!!

Jedite1000
April 18th, 2006, 05:33 PM
those r awsome i like the water, how did u put it in the game, do u think u be able 2 import my sprites into the game?

dude256
April 18th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Jedite1000, take a look at these threads, they'll help you more than I could =(

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=20223 Get EliteMap3.7

then follow this tutorial

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=52775

But like I said in my post, getting my art into the game didn't turn out so well (look at treeko carefully... you should see why)

Sanctuary
April 18th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Wow. I really like them. The way that you did them makes them look 3D. They're awesome!

.:Sin:.
April 18th, 2006, 06:54 PM
I like them I like the grass/ground and water type the best.The colors are nice and I like the 3d look.Good job and keep it up.

dude256
April 18th, 2006, 07:28 PM
.:Sin:. & Mighty_Mightyena_99, I'm glad you both like these sprites. It should be safe for me to contine in this style then.

I think ze 'lil birdeh needs some work though, it's design is rather boring. I might try making the feathering more elaborate, and throw in some red feathers too for a more firey look. Also actually posing it would *probably* help lol.

Belzeebub
April 18th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Wow, they're really different from normal pkmn sprites but the're still great. It kinda' shows that you've got inspired from Treecko, Mudkip and Torchic. This if they're all starter pkmn, which a thought, but maybe they aren't?
Well, keep up your good and original work :D

Wilph
April 19th, 2006, 12:42 AM
The 3d look is awesome. How did you do it?

I'm guessing Diamond/Pearl sprites will look similar to these.

Emma
April 19th, 2006, 12:51 AM
Wow, they look really good... And 3D ! Hope you do more coz they are fab ^_^

Yami_Zidane
April 19th, 2006, 02:44 AM
Something very original, i like it! would also love to know how you made them, i cant figure it out (though i have a feeling its simple .__.)

Eig
April 19th, 2006, 03:20 AM
Oh. My. God. Those are really great sprites! I love the 3D look, and the Water one's so cool! If I would rate them, I would give them a 10/10. They're just perfect.

xXxVulcanxXx
April 19th, 2006, 04:29 AM
really awesome, they are the best scratch sprites evah!

Zone
April 19th, 2006, 04:38 AM
The 3d look is awesome. How did you do it?

I'm guessing Diamond/Pearl sprites will look similar to these.

You use something called "shading" to make it look like that.

And the sprites are amazing.

dude256
April 19th, 2006, 04:51 AM
Like zone said, the 3d look (aka depth) is from the way I shaded them. I'll show a step by step for my next few sprites so you can see how I pixel my sprites.

@Belzeebub: Yeah they're loosely based on the 3 starters, a reptile, a fishy-thing, and a CHICKEN!

I'm glad you're enjoying these, that helps encourage me to make more =3. I think I'll do a normal pokemon and then a snakish one next (after I fix that chicken...bird...like creature first)

Zephyr+
April 19th, 2006, 05:20 AM
Wow. Those sprites are, to say the very least, impressive. May I ask how exactly you sprited them? Are they scratches (They probably are) or edits? All the same, they are very well done. I'm impressed, and so is the rest of the forum! ^^

dude256
April 19th, 2006, 05:38 AM
ZephyrPlusle, these are originals. Initially I used the same pose as treeko for my lizard pokemon, but I redid the pose later.

My next sprites will include a step by step on how I did them so that should answer any questions.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
April 19th, 2006, 09:35 AM
All I can say is that I like the Fakemon you did (or whatever there called). But for the picture of the grass type. Its in a circle and I see little pixels (coloring) so you might want to fix that unless you did that on purpose.

:t003:Dark Venusaur

Wilph
April 19th, 2006, 09:47 AM
You use something called "shading" to make it look like that.

:p

I meant the way that he shaded them. They obviously aren't shaded in the same way as the official sprites, as in, does he use extra tones etc?

Oh and the last one reminds me of a chocobo a bit.
I think the snakish one should come out awesome.

dude256
April 19th, 2006, 09:56 AM
@Dark Venusaur: Those lil random pixels were a glitch when I imported to the sprites into the game *cries*. I accidentally overwrote other memory when I imported the sprites. Turns out pokemon games have internal limits to the size of each pokemon. Treeko for example has a limit of 47x48 pixels, if you go over that (like I did) the game will behave unexpectedly. In this case those weird pixels appeared.

But luckily Absol helped me out by explaining the limits to me. So now the problem should be resolved. I'll upload more shots later on =)

@Wilph: In some ways I used more colors, in same ways I actually used less. Each pokemon has a 16 -1 color palette (15 sprite 1 colors, 1 transparent color). My pokemon tend to use around 10-12 colors total, the rest are just leftovers. Lol the bird was loosely based off of FFT's chocobo (the beak...sorta) I love beak heads for some sick reason. Though in real life I hate birds...they tend to claw me repeatedly; very bloody mess it was.

My two new pokemon are nearly done too. So I should be uploading them soon.

Tsugaru
April 19th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Wow! those are really awesome! that dont look like a normal sprite what you do with it! its awesome!

Chizzy
April 19th, 2006, 10:24 AM
I really Like those Sprites...The 3D Look etc...Maybe you should Conside Re-doing Every Current Pokemon in this sort of Style?

Toadsworth
April 19th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Lol these sprites look good! And that pic about when you may choose a pokémon I like to :D(dunno if this is good english, if not, I'm sorry... I can't help that I'm named bestDUTCHguy :s)

dude256
April 19th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Bumpity! New update, see first post for new sprites and two 'progress' gifs ^_^.

{NEW SPRITES}
http://www.crystaltechstudios.com/Pokemon_Modding/Wolf.png
http://www.crystaltechstudios.com/Pokemon_Modding/Snake.png

{PROGRESS ANIMATIONS}
http://www.crystaltechstudios.com/Pokemon_Modding/Progress_Wolf.gif
http://www.crystaltechstudios.com/Pokemon_Modding/Progress_Snake.gif

@Bugsy: Thanks, I studied alot of shading styles from other games and many other artists, it helped improve my spriting ability greatly.

@Maneachicken: I will be making many many critters, but I won't be replacing all of the known pokemon. There are alot of pokemon I personally hate and probably won't touch ^_^;;;

@BestDutchGuy: Glad you liked them =). I understand you prefectly so no worries.

@all future posters: My snakey needs more contrast, I just noticed it after viewing him on this forum's bg sorry >_<. The outline needs to be thicker to show his tale is 'behind' him. I might also dark some of the tail that goes further out, to give more depth.

Also does everybody think the new birdy is better or worse than the old version? I still need to alter some of the feather color, but I just want to let it rest for a bit.

Enjoy the new pics.

Belzeebub
April 19th, 2006, 09:38 PM
OMFG :O !
I love the new fireflying sprite. It's you're far best by my opinion O.o

Wilph
April 19th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Wow. Awesome. The snake one totally rocks. I agree with Belzeebub as well that the fire/flying new one is good also, but IMO, the Snake one is the best. I love the way you shade it with white, gives it a really nice shiny texture.

Very good.

dude256
April 20th, 2006, 03:15 AM
@Belzeebub & Wilph: Hehe, it seems I did my job well then. Its good to know the sprites came out well.

Next on my list are the two starter trainers (and if somebody *cough* can direct me on how to extract/import the tilesets I can make some custom ones too).

*scurries off to make more pwetty pixels*

xMeteorxStriker
April 20th, 2006, 08:51 AM
when u use unlz.gba to export them doesnt it keep u with the same pallete so u cant go out of those specific colors?
well im not sure i even answered the right question lol!
Good job they look 3d man :)

dude256
April 20th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Actually there is an option to replace the palettes inside unLZ ^_^. You can change any colors you want, so long as you keep the colors under 16. I'll post screen shots of my project later so you can see =3.

*Main trainers almost done!

xMeteorxStriker
April 20th, 2006, 01:04 PM
well my computer is crapola so that function never works for some reason...

dude256
April 20th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Bumpity bump bump!

Two new sprites, trainers to be exact. Again any comments or critiques are welcome!

{TRAINERS}
http://www.crystaltechstudios.com/Pokemon_Modding/Trainer_Male_PC.png
-male 'hero'
http://www.crystaltechstudios.com/Pokemon_Modding/Trainer_Female_PC.png
-female heroine

Personally I just realized I made them too pale, they lack the vibrancy of the pokemon I created. Bad habits die hard >_< I'll are upload some better paletted ones later. So I guess commening on the design is most useful to me right now.

Also does anybody know how to modify the palettes that TILESETS use? I was able to do so with pokemon and trainers, but I can't find any info on tileset editing (the actual pixel graphics) Would it be a better idea to PM some of the hack makers who have done so already? Or are questions like that considered 'rude' by these forum standards >_< I don't want to upset anybody here.

*the ability to misspell 'are' as 're' and 'ar' is absolutely profouding I do so love my lack of grammar >_<

xMeteorxStriker
April 20th, 2006, 06:50 PM
THOSE ARE FLIPPING AMAZING! THEY LOOK WAY BETTER THAN THE ACTUAL GAME!!!!
btw you are way too hard on yourself u r amazing at this man those are so cool!
OUTSTANDING!

Tbone2356
April 20th, 2006, 08:46 PM
They All Rock, Your Style Of Doing Sprites Is Completley Awsome!

There Alot Better Then The Old Way Of Spriting.

Maybe You Could Start A New Trend Lol.

Domin-8
April 20th, 2006, 08:49 PM
I love your artwork, i ahve been to your site and these jsut show your amazing qualities. I personally think that the tail behind the snak is visable. Atleast to me it was. I wish i could do computer artwork like this. Where did you learn to get so good?

xMeteorxStriker
April 20th, 2006, 08:57 PM
I love your artwork, i ahve been to your site and these jsut show your amazing qualities. I personally think that the tail behind the snak is visable. Atleast to me it was. I wish i could do computer artwork like this. Where did you learn to get so good?
I second that where did u get ur skillz? lol

Belzeebub
April 20th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Yay :D Finally some girl with pink hair. I've really missed that in pkmn games ;P
I REALLY love the headcharacters. Much much more coole than those that Gamefreak/Nintendo comes up with :D

Wilph
April 21st, 2006, 01:50 AM
Simply fantastic. I agree with Belzeebub, much better than the actual game. As I said before, I wouldn't be suprised if D/P sprites were in a similar style.

The male hero is awesome. Very cool. The female hero is good too. If you want crit I'd say that her right arm makes her pose look a bit awkward. it would look coolm if she had that hand on her hip.

Lets see some legnedaries next :)

dude256
April 21st, 2006, 02:49 AM
@UnseenIdiot: Being hard on yourself builds character! So does eating nails doing doing other mainly (very stupid) things!

@Tbone2356: After playing through r/s/e the word trend strikes absolute fear in me x_X Make the bad text selections go away! MAKE THEM GO AWAY!

@Hyperion: *phew* so the snake tail is visible, thats good.

@Skill Question: I've been spriting almost every day since I was 14 or 15. Nearly everyday = 4+hrs each day that I sprite, and 9-11hrs a day when I do game work. I also have very little of a social life lol. I Pretty much make art and/or code every day.

@Belzeebub: Pink hair is awesome. The hair color was inspired by archie (tales of phantasia, psx version) and Foxy (rudra no hihou, snes). I dunno why there were no pink heads in r/s/e (I don't remember any...). There were very few game-freak~nintendo designs that I liked from pokemon trainers. The m/f rangers were great, flanny (erhm the fire gym leader), may, and a few others I think... but what was up with Jaun and Wallace geesh. For endgame 'bosses' they scared me fashion wise lol.

@Wilph: A crit yay XD! I agree with you there, I wasn't sure what I was doing with that hand. I was trying to make it point straight out (looked odd because the trainer was at a 60 degree tilt) I will try putting it on the hip, but I am not too sure, since it might look too similiar to the hero. (you were talking about < arm of the heroine right?) As for the legendaries, I won't be posting those publicly. I have to give players some incentive to play my hack ^.^

Everybody thanks for the comments. I'm doing some tweaking on the main trainers and then I will see if I can edit the town tileset palettes. Another friend gave me an explaination, we'll see if it works ^_^.

Domin-8
April 21st, 2006, 05:22 AM
Is your hack located in our Hack section? If so please give a line i would like to see, that is if you have a demo or screenshots. Also, are you better at computer art I assume, i was looking at your handdrawn art and your one Portrait could use some help, I draw alot but rarely sprite it is kinda hard i would rather use a tablet(if i had one) to draw on the omputer. Also, is that Knight computer or hand? Because that is friggin sweet

dude256
April 21st, 2006, 05:47 AM
I haven't made an offical post about my hack yet. Once I get someone to help explain how tilesets are imported, etc I'll be making an offical post. I have begun alpha testing of a few features though, namely rebalancing alot of the pokemon and making maps easier to navigate. The game won't have the full 300~ give or take pokemon since I will be handcrafting all the ones I want to include. It should be intersting, its definately challanging thusfar though. Very little 1 hit k.0s anymore hehe.

In regards to my cg~coloring skills, they need alot of work in general. Its hard to find time to improve them, I love pixel art and drawing too much ^^U.

The knight was done with a mouse, I didn't have my tablet then. Thanks.

Zone
April 21st, 2006, 06:00 AM
The new sprites are all just as good as the other ones. You should show these off at a real spriting community, like Pixeltendo, and see what they think.

Esupio
April 21st, 2006, 06:54 AM
you have a VERY individual style and a decent one at that :P
Nice work you have some talent, don't forget it XD

Ronmaster
April 21st, 2006, 08:27 AM
Those are the koolest, made up out of no where sprites I have ever seen!!!!!!!! Keep up the game!!!!!!!!!!!

Tbone2356
April 21st, 2006, 08:32 AM
The Sprites Are Still Awsome 1 Day Later.

As For Importing Tilesets, What Program Are You Using

(Off Topic So PM Me)

xMeteorxStriker
April 21st, 2006, 08:57 AM
wow you've gone on to page 2 lol nice job staying alive!

dude256
April 21st, 2006, 10:18 AM
@Zone: Someone else mentioned pixeltendo before, I might try it too eventually.

@Esupio & Ronmaster: Thanks for the kind words =3.

@Tbone2356: Lol, thats good I think. PM sent.

@UnseenIdiot: *does the kirby dance* <('.'<) - (>'.')> - (>'.'<) - (^'.'^) - <( '-' )> I WILL BE IMMORTAL! *dies*

Mechaman
April 21st, 2006, 12:19 PM
hello people
it is me, the nidoking lover, Mechaman
dude256, i like your normal type fox charcter
hes pretty cool
just a reminder, i love nidoking
bye

Mechaman
April 21st, 2006, 12:19 PM
hello people
it is me, the nidoking lover, Mechaman
dude256, i like your normal type fox charcter
hes pretty cool
just a reminder, i love nidoking
bye

Mechaman
April 21st, 2006, 12:21 PM
dude, my favorite is your normal fox type charcter
i think hes sweeeeet
just a reminder, i love nidoking bye

Faltzer
April 21st, 2006, 12:31 PM
Those are nice sprites though they look blurry.

xMeteorxStriker
April 21st, 2006, 01:03 PM
Mechaman DONT TRIPLE POST!!!!!!
and Dude that was the coolest kirby dance ever!!!!!!

The Great Saiyaman
April 21st, 2006, 01:16 PM
Those sprites are awsome. Better then what I could do. I just rip apart other sprites and make new ones.

Chizzy
April 22nd, 2006, 02:01 AM
Those sprites are awsome. Better then what I could do. I just rip apart other sprites and make new ones.

Me too!

Anyway...Dude, those sprites rock! If they are Pokemon ones, like you said you may do, i would presume that you have done Treeko, Mudkip (Or any of his Familly), Torchic (or Pidgey), Poocheyna or Mighteyna, and Seviper!

Can't wait to see what you do next! I have Idea's for ones that would look Cool, but its up to you anyway...Are you going to experiment with overworlds?

dude256
April 22nd, 2006, 02:13 AM
@Faltzer: My pixeling style is fairly soft, so at times they can seem blurry, a quirk I guess ^^U

@Unseen Idiot: I need to make a kirbyesque pokemon...that would be awesome

@The Great Saiyaman: Thankies

@Manaechicken: You're pretty much correct. I was replacing the starters. I may or may not change the names in the final version though. Depends on how far the lastest few hack tools go. By 'overworlds' I assume you mean map tiles? If so then yes, I am working on tiles right now. Later today I should have a few examples.

*I have never born witness to a triple post ever...that scares me deeply

Zereox
April 22nd, 2006, 03:57 AM
Yo,Those are great you should make a hack whit those.

Domin-8
April 22nd, 2006, 09:35 AM
Zerox, if you read through the post you would already know that he is making a Hack with these. That is why he is making them.
Otherwise dude..... I can't wait to see more. are you going to be posting anymore or jsut tease us with these until you are able to make a thread for your hack

dude256
April 22nd, 2006, 10:08 AM
@Zereox: Lol I am =3.
@Hyperion: I'll be posting more stuff later on tonight, I'm just having a hard time setting up this tileset. I'm trying to develop some cool building designs...and make them actually fit into the tileset properly. Its tricky x_x

Domin-8
April 22nd, 2006, 10:27 AM
Really, So you are changing alot in the game, wow. This will definatley be a good hack. I can't wait to see more of you sprites.

xMeteorxStriker
April 22nd, 2006, 11:37 AM
Kirbyesque yes make him dance tho ok? lol it will be awesome!
Maneachiken dont double post!

Chizzy
April 23rd, 2006, 10:21 AM
Kirbyesque yes make him dance tho ok? lol it will be awesome!
Maneachiken dont double post!

Sorry about that...My Computer got Slow and i was impatient and clicked send posat about three times!

Prince Peasley
April 23rd, 2006, 10:37 AM
They're not bad! Looks good! Can't wait to see more!

Tbone2356
April 23rd, 2006, 10:53 AM
(Read From left To Right But Read The Words Backwards)

esoht setirps era emoswa! tnac tiaw ot ees erom!

peek pu eht doog krow.

dude256
April 23rd, 2006, 10:56 AM
@Tbone: lol sknaht nam!

@A Strong Trainer: Thank you, more is on the way.

*tileset getting closer to being done*

Chizzy
April 23rd, 2006, 10:56 AM
those sprites are awsome! cant wait to see more!

keep up the good work. :)

EDIT: Dude256...I would like to see Charmander and Caterpie...My Challenge to You!

Tbone2356
April 23rd, 2006, 10:59 AM
those sprites are awsome! cant wait to see more!

keep up the good work. :)

EDIT: Dude256...I would like to see Charmander and Caterpie...My Challenge to You!

Hes Busy making Tilesets But If Any Pokemons A Challenge He Should Make Minun

dude256
April 25th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Hey everybody! I'm back finally with more picys ñ_____ñ!

[Tileset Mockup]
http://www.crystaltechstudios.com/Pokemon_Modding/mockup_misc.png

*not an ingame screenshot, just a graphics style test

Some of my friends already pointed out things they like and dislike about the tileset, now its the publics turn. Let me know what you think.

Notes:
-tree in the bottom left (<) corner was an alternate realistic tree, just a style test
-the grass is made up of 4 tiles (I've already mapped out how I can fit this in mwehehe)
-dirt will need 4 edge piecces so it can tile like rmk
-4 palette rows will be required for the tiles (I believe I met gba specs...each tile can only take colors from one 16color palette row)

Domin-8
April 25th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Those are sweet. I like the more realistic tree, but i believe with your sprites the other ones would fit better. Alittle more cartoonie. One thing i don't like is the extra space around the clue side walk thing. ( The space outside the curved pieces) other wise I like it, is this jsut one of many you will be doing?

dude256
April 25th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Hyperion, in the final tileset there will be an edge border between the 'floor' and dirt, so you won't see that sharp pointy edge anywhere ^^U. As for the tree, thats why I made a 2nd one, I love more realistic stuff, but that requires tons of more colors to do ^^U.

Selkie_warrior
April 26th, 2006, 02:30 AM
ME LOVE!!!!!ME LOVE!!!!ME LOVE!!!!!!!!they arr great dude keep it up matee

Krusty
April 26th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Holy crap! You are good! Not only can you do the monsters (really well, cool poses) but you can make awesome tilesets :shocked: The trees and the building are fan-freaking-tastic... I'm so jealous :P

I really like you're style btw, how did you come up with it? Just playing around with pixels for years or another artist?

dude256
April 26th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Krusty, thanks for the compliment =3. As far as my style goes, its heavily based on breath of fire4 & street fighter alpha3 style shading. While I do set the color values myself, I learned alot about colors from studying other artists/games.

xMeteorxStriker
April 27th, 2006, 12:38 PM
i like your tileset but it looks like the ground below the building stops out of no where

dude256
April 27th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Lol, thats because I haven't added edge pieces yet, don't worry I've got plans on how to fix that ^^U.

MegaFuz
April 27th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Hmmm...great work!! I knew you were a spriter but I never got a chance to check out your work until now. You have some real talent. Keep it up man!! XD

xMeteorxStriker
April 27th, 2006, 04:07 PM
ok good :) keep it up! lol

Tbone2356
April 27th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Mmmmmmmmh......

That Tileset Is Good......Could Use Some Milk To Go With It Though.

But Its Very Good And Even Without Milk Its Very Good Alone.

(Wth I Hate Milk!)

dude256
April 28th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Sprite update!

http://www.crystaltechstudios.com/Pokemon_Modding/Rock.png
-Rock/Ground Type
http://www.crystaltechstudios.com/Pokemon_Modding/Spider.png
-Psycic/Poison Type
http://www.crystaltechstudios.com/Pokemon_Modding/Worm.png
-Bug/Grass Type

The spider could use a tiny bit of detail, but it's the first evolution so I tried not to over do it. Also the worm could use some colored spots and antennae perhaps, later on I'll try to add some more details in.

So let me know what you think.

Up Next: Official Hack Thread!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
April 28th, 2006, 12:34 PM
No the bug is fine (well to me). But its weird how the 2nd evo of that fakemon is Psychic/Posion while the 1st stage is Rock/Ground. But they are all nice.

:t003:Dark Venusaur

dude256
April 28th, 2006, 12:47 PM
LOL. Those first two pokemon are unrelated ^^U. That spider is the first evo. Sorry about that.

xMeteorxStriker
April 28th, 2006, 02:11 PM
i like ur new pokemon! alot!

dude256
April 28th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Thankies unseenidiot ^-^.

*news update*
My 'hack' idea has been scrapped, complications with various editors forced me into porting my game to a C++ directx9 game engine I've been building. It'll be faster that way and then I won't have to fudge with palettes as much mewhehe. I might have enough for a more offical post around monday or tuesday, right now I"m just making a few more tiles so I can insert 1 test town and get the battle system set up. Wish me luck WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

GreatLiver
April 28th, 2006, 02:27 PM
I really like the Ground Poison and Ground Rock types. Also the trainers are really cool

Krusty
April 28th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Nice, I noticed a little hint of Breath of Fire, nice style.

Yeah, when I read that you were planning on making a hack with this I was kinda worried, 16-color pallets can really be a pain, but since you're going custom you shouldn't have to worry about that too much now. Good luck with this.

Oh, and I can't see the spider one, I see a rock thingy and a worm but both of the ones that I can see look fine. Remind me of Aron and Caterpie.

aocom
April 29th, 2006, 02:49 PM
You've got some amazing work~ I particularly like the psy/psn type and the chocobo-esque fakemons.

Looking to see more!

Kurosaki Ichigo
April 29th, 2006, 02:59 PM
As i've said before, your sprites are totally kickass, i'm glad your letting me use them in my comic ^_^

Belzeebub
April 30th, 2006, 01:29 AM
OMG!!
I'n totally in love with the ground/rock pkmn. It's soo cuute x'3 *sounds like some teenagebimbogirl*. Can't wait to see more :3

Chizzy
May 1st, 2006, 04:40 AM
Your Sprites still have that feel about them...I can see the Aron in the Rock/Ground one and the Caterpie in the Grass/Bug.

It also doesn't show the Poison Type for me, so im unable to see it. But by the sounds of things its like a Spinarak.

Fox♠
May 1st, 2006, 04:48 AM
Awesome as always my friend, I love the style of your sprites, they strangly remind me of BOF heheh.

Keep it up.

dude256
May 1st, 2006, 04:58 AM
ok that's odd, I wonder why some people can't see the spider =(.

Here's the direct URL for the spider, lemme know if it works or not.

http://www.crystaltechstudios.com/pokemon_modding/spider.png

As for the comments:

@GreatLiver: Glad you like them.
@Krusty: Gah...evil webhost, try viewing the above link for the spider.
@aocom: Chocobos are awesome wiii! *cough*
@Kakashi Hatake: Welcomes =3
@Belzeebub: Lol, yeah it's pretty cute isn't it XD! *wags all 3 tails in excitement*
@Maneachicken: Ironically I wasn't looking at aron during the rock/ground sprite's creation. Looking on aron now I must have been doing it subcontiously. Try the link above to see the spider, it seems to be loading for randomly =\. Thanks for letting me know though.

If anybody can't see the spider still, let me know and tell me which browser you are using.

Chizzy
May 1st, 2006, 11:59 AM
Dude...I still Can't see the spider! Could you possibly Attach it? and if you are taking Challenges, i would like to see a Gyarados sort of Sprite...

EDIT: My Browser is Wanadoo Microsoft Internet Explorer.

Xiaphear
May 1st, 2006, 12:12 PM
if you look closely, the snake has some gyarados-ish things on it.
and i also can't see the spider.

dude256
May 1st, 2006, 03:22 PM
*attaches spider*

What the pie?! I can't view it in Internet explorer either. I *bet* it has something to do with the way I saved it, IE is known to not support certain compressed files >_>...

Sorry for those who couldn't see teh spideh. I use Mozzila Firefox so sometimes stuff doesn't work on other browers sowwies =*(.

btw my battle engine is comming along nicely, I should have screenies early tomorrow =3 !

Kurosaki Ichigo
May 1st, 2006, 05:22 PM
Yea he has a point actually, as i may have stated i'm gonna be using the female hero as the last member of my comic's rival team, as i think you said as long as i give credit lol, anywho keep up the good work, try some other types like er...ghost, rock, etc.

dude256
May 1st, 2006, 05:30 PM
Haha, yeah I remember about the female chick, you can use her sprite.

wiii! I got my health bars to work properly >_>... now to enable attacking...

Kurosaki Ichigo
May 1st, 2006, 05:37 PM
Ah, so you got the other stuff done :P, the inputting the tilesets, btw i know this is iffy but, can you do the OW and Back Sprite for the girl?, and erm whats her name? lol.

Kaeru_ike
May 2nd, 2006, 04:50 AM
This is really good! How long time did one of them take you?

dude256
May 3rd, 2006, 07:09 PM
Some of them took about 2hrs to sprite, some took 4 (like the spider, that one was hard).

Kakashi, I dunno when I'll be able to do the chick's sprite >_< Coding is taking up alot of time ^^U.

Btw I started a game thread in the project showcase thread, check it out, its got some new art in it too =3.

So sleepy...z..zzz....

Prince Peasley
May 3rd, 2006, 10:49 PM
You are SO good at this! Its amazing! I'd never be able to make a spider like that even if i'm busy for twice the time :P Could we maybe hav the link to the thread, i can't find it :P

dude256
May 4th, 2006, 04:43 AM
Thanks for the compliment ^-^, here's a link to my game thread. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=66664 (I hope this is allowed >_<)

Krusty
May 6th, 2006, 08:47 PM
Yeah, it should be allowed, as long as it doesn't lead to a board outside of PC. But your fine.

*gasp* I see the spider in the game thread (as mentioned by others). It looks really cool love the blue.

You are making me really jealous now :( My art sucks and I can't program in C++, oh well I'll learn someday. Keep it up.

Murkrow Lady
June 6th, 2006, 03:21 AM
They...are... INCREDIBLE! O.O

I Especially like a fire/flying and female heroine ^^

:t353: ~ Murkrow lady ~ :t198:

lambros
June 7th, 2006, 12:47 AM
hey man can you make me sprites of the dragonball heroes pleasee
and snd them to my email
[email protected]
i want a sprite for very character (especially the popular ones like gogeta, goku, vegeto, vegeta, gohan etc....) and please a sprite for each of their sayian level.
for example different sprite for
goku normal
goku ssj1
gokussj2
gokussj3
gokussj4

please if you dothat and send them to my email i will do anything you ask.
i want them desperately man please.

thank you and i hope you help me
thanks again

Tbone2356
June 7th, 2006, 05:18 PM
hey man can you make me sprites of the dragonball heroes pleasee
and snd them to my email
[email protected]
i want a sprite for very character (especially the popular ones like gogeta, goku, vegeto, vegeta, gohan etc....) and please a sprite for each of their sayian level.
for example different sprite for
goku normal
goku ssj1
gokussj2
gokussj3
gokussj4

please if you dothat and send them to my email i will do anything you ask.
i want them desperately man please.

thank you and i hope you help me
thanks again

Ughm...You Cant Post That Here, This Is A Showcase And Sprite Requests Have Been Banned...If You Want Sprites Made Pm Him And You Definetally Would Need To Be More Specific And Show Pictures.....

Anyway These Sprites Are Coming Out Great Dude. Keep Up The Good Work!

aocom
June 7th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Don't you have a Zero Suit Samus pixel art? Post that! :D
Lurve the spider. :3

Shadow Wolf 2
June 8th, 2006, 01:07 AM
Very nice!
I would love to have a go at that style!

EDIT: I tried a Meowth, but I can't post it yet...

EDIT 2: GOT IT!
IT'S IN MY AVATAR!

SuperGuy
June 26th, 2006, 12:12 AM
WOAH DUDE!!! *what that little kid said at the end if "The Incredibles", i forgot wat it was* cool maybe i can ask a favor and make me an avatar or a trainer guy, dont make it about sandslash cause my new name will be Swiss_Cheese, so... Z...Z...z...z... huh, o, so if u could do that, that'd be great. Thx if u do, oh well if u dont. hope u do... o and can u update ur homepage, crystalstudios.com, or whatever it is., jus wondering;)

Mudkippy
June 27th, 2006, 04:27 AM
wow! those are awesome! I like the way it's kind of a different style then the normal sprite style! :)

The Songbird
June 28th, 2006, 06:54 PM
These are some great sprites! It'll probably be quite a long time before I can scratch sprites that well! XD I love the shading and the animations most! ^^

GamerAse
September 11th, 2007, 07:53 AM
These are very well done, very real. Not very pokémon-like, but with very unique style (which is good). I would love to see more of your art.

Gbj153
September 11th, 2007, 01:45 PM
lol, the first one looks like treeko, but all are still alwsome

Amachi
September 11th, 2007, 02:38 PM
GamerAxe, do not revive threads that are over a month old.