PDA

View Full Version : Romanization of new Japanese Pokémon names made official!

Ash_Pokemaster
April 22nd, 2006, 12:47 AM
Pokémon Center Online's promotion for the upcoming Pokémon movie, Pokémon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea: Manaphy, has begun. One item on the site includes the official names for the previously revealed new Pokémon: Manaphy, Perap, Tamanta and Buoysel.
Originally Reported on Pokemon Center Online

Alright, looks like the names are official and now we now the accent too. Don't you think Buoysel is a bit of a weird name? :S O_o

kohei
April 22nd, 2006, 02:27 AM
Alright, looks like the names are official and now we now the accent too. Don't you think Buoysel is a bit of a weird name? :S O_oHow the heck do you pronounce that?

Byuo... cell? I have no idea.

Kylie-chan
April 22nd, 2006, 02:31 AM
¤♥♦♫♀♫♦♥¤♥♦♫♫♀♫♦♥¤♥♦♫♀♫♦¤

I pronounce it as "boysle", seeing as "buoy" is pronounced as such, and... yeah. oO;

Odd, odd names. T_T;

¤♥♦♫♀♫♦♥¤♥♦♫♫♀♫♦♥¤♥♦♫♀♫♦¤

Drifblim
April 22nd, 2006, 04:18 AM
I'd say 'bwai-sel', perhaps in a French mood.

I'm disappointed.

Christos
April 22nd, 2006, 04:44 AM
Buizeru is a much better name.
I'd say Bu-oyzel

Ash_Pokemaster
April 22nd, 2006, 06:07 AM
Well, nomizo (! XD) ok ok I think, that we have the accent already. Since this is just spelling and according to the katakana/hiragana that the names were written in before the name of Buoysel is also Buizel (Ru = Lu = L since u is just an addition to the words r t p n m etc). Also, Buoysel is a weasel. So the "sel" stands for "zel" which is the accent of -sel in weasel. So since from the japanese words we se "Bui-" and accordind to the new romanization we have "Buoy-" I think it's some near to "BU-O-EE-ZEL".

coachwhipneoship
April 22nd, 2006, 06:28 AM
Cool! ^-^
That is a strange name, though.

Are we going to get more new pokémon to follow??

Ash_Pokemaster
April 22nd, 2006, 07:06 AM
We're waiting for the new CoroCoro to release. I feel that we're going to see some new Pokemon siluets in the next month's issue. Hope so though. However, I'm not sure that's going to happen as we saw 4 new Pokemon before just some days. Plus that there's no particullar reason since all new Pokemon of the next movie has been announced (I guess).

coachwhipneoship
April 22nd, 2006, 07:31 AM
Awesome, I'm excited now. >3

Natsuki
April 22nd, 2006, 08:53 AM
Buizeru is a much better name.
I'd say Bu-oyzel

I agree with you, I think Buizeru is a better name than Buoysel. oO Well, those are some odd names, they just keep getting weirder and weirder. o.o

~Kelsey

Gokey Shuckle
April 22nd, 2006, 09:28 AM
Buoysel is actually clever. Bouy is actually a flotation device found in the ocea, and it's a weasel who is Water-type. He can float with the fins on his arms and acts like a buoy. So the name Buoysel makes sense.

Keep in mind that these aren't the official English names. We still some more confirmation.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
April 22nd, 2006, 03:33 PM
Its very strange name but like what King shuckle said it. He makes it seem more cleaver.

:t003:Dark Venusaur

Eig
April 23rd, 2006, 07:19 AM
Buoysel... Strange name, but meh. And... Perap? I did think at the beggining that it could be named Parapper. PARrot rAPPER. XD But Perap's a cool name too.

~\"Metal Sonic"/~
April 23rd, 2006, 09:23 AM
Yech! I Manaphy and Tamanta are OK, they're hardly changed, Bouysel is clever, but not that good, but Perap is horrible. Honestly. Why not Parratone? ANYTHING but Perap... I hope these aren't the real names...

Whitewash
April 23rd, 2006, 01:20 PM
Perap (or Perappu, for that matter) reminds me of Parappa the Rapper. o_O I dunno about Buoysel... But like King Shuckle said, these aren't official. So we'll just have to wait.

Dark-Umbreon
April 23rd, 2006, 01:57 PM
bi-use-ei-ru... tahst how i say it...

Xtacy
April 23rd, 2006, 07:23 PM
Well, looks like the steady decline of name (and Pokemon) creativity/originality since RBY is continuing. Gibberish like Minun wasn't enough apparently, now we have Buoysel and Perap.

Ash_Pokemaster
April 24th, 2006, 03:00 AM
Yech! I Manaphy and Tamanta are OK, they're hardly changed, Bouysel is clever, but not that good, but Perap is horrible. Honestly. Why not Parratone? ANYTHING but Perap... I hope these aren't the real names...
These are the official, real names. We don't know about the dub names yet though. Actually Perap sounds good to me. A combine of Parrot and Rap (since it is a music-related Pokemon), which sounds good as a name is ok. Parratone sound ok too. But that makes it having bad-music skills couse "parra" not only comes from parrot but also makes a "parra"(bad, anti) thing. If it actually produce bad sounds/music it would be a genius name too. Well, we'll just have to wait for the 9th Movie I guess.

Light_Azumarill
April 24th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Meh, Perap indeed. I'm guessing they wanted it to be close to the original Japanese name? I mean, Perap and Perappu aren't that different sounding. As for it meaning 'rapper'... um... eww. Parratone sounds nicer to me, I agree!

Tamanta and Manaphy are fine. Not much to say there.

Bouysel is all right... I pronounce it Bouy + zel. Though, I'm probably wrong as many Pokemon names as pronounced quite illogically. *coughChinchoucough*

Esupio
April 24th, 2006, 12:29 PM
oh god

Perap reminds me of perraper the rapper or something O.o;

I like the others, Boysel works well as in Bouy and weasel XD

Zelos
April 24th, 2006, 01:30 PM
I liked Buizeru and Perappu much more than the others. o.O

Buoysel is clever, I suppose, but it's not really a cool name...