PDA

View Full Version : Skateboarding

.:Sam:.
April 24th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Hey all, all my mates are skater's so I brought a board but i can't even ollie, can someone give me some advice, much appreciated

Zone
April 24th, 2006, 02:06 PM
I don't skateboard, but I know that it takes a long time to get good at it, so just practice a lot and you'll get better.

eleniak_witch
April 24th, 2006, 02:08 PM
I used to try and get into skateboarding since most of my old friends who moved away did. Just keep practicing is what it is. The only things I could do were ollie, shove-it, pop shove-it, and when skateboarding died out for me, I could make the board do a verial (spelling?) flip, but I couldn't land it yet XD

I dunno...I was thinking about getting back into it, but I don't have a board any more.

Chase Leader
April 24th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Well your in luck, to ollie

\_____/ Place your non-main foot towards the tail of the board and your main foot somewhere towards the middle. When you jump push down on your non-main foot and drag your main foot up to the front of the board all while jumping. I probably made you even more confused...but when you do get it you'll never forget how to do it.

Don't place your main foot exactly in the middle maybe just a tad towards the front of the board. You'll know if you can stand in ollie postion without your tail end touching the ground...

Hope that was at least somewhat clear...

Practice makes perfect, but there are videos that teach you how to skateboard.

LuckyCharm197
June 25th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Well your in luck, to ollie

\_____/ Place your non-main foot towards the tail of the board and your main foot somewhere towards the middle. When you jump push down on your non-main foot and drag your main foot up to the front of the board all while jumping. I probably made you even more confused...but when you do get it you'll never forget how to do it.

Don't place your main foot exactly in the middle maybe just a tad towards the front of the board. You'll know if you can stand in ollie postion without your tail end touching the ground...

Hope that was at least somewhat clear...

Practice makes perfect, but there are videos that teach you how to skateboard.

It is just like that, and remember that when skateboarding everything takes practice. I am 12 years old and just restarted skateboarding a few months ago, and even now I can only: oliie, drop-in, and roll. I have been improving my ollie and I am trying to fakie better considering how much I love vert skateboarding!

Mr Cat Dog
June 25th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Please don't revive threads over 30 days old.

Closed