PDA

View Full Version : Best Type

QlLA\/A
April 24th, 2006, 06:53 PM
my favorite type is Draon, dragon type rocks!

aragornbird
April 24th, 2006, 07:07 PM
~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Well, I am personally biased toward Flying-types, since Flying = Birds, ya know.

But in battle, my favorite type has to be Steel since it has so many resistances – Normal, Ice, Grass, Flying, Psychic, Bug, Rock, Ghost, Dragon, Dark, Steel, plus Poison immunity. That’s 12 all together. No other type even comes close.

However, Steel as an offensive move isn’t so great, since it’s only effective against Ice and Rock, and most Ice types are also Water so that cancels it out.

I guess Steel would be my favorite type defensively, and my favorite type offensively would have to be Fighting. Not only is it supereffective against everything Steel is, it’s also effective against Dark, Steel, and the ever common Normal type. Plus if Focus Punch hits, it’ll be sure to do a lot of damage to anything not resistant to it.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

kohei
April 25th, 2006, 06:08 AM
I guess Water types.
It has only 2 weaknesses, which are both special attacks.
And Water types tend to have high special defence...

The only disadvantage Water types have is that there are too many of them, so only a few of them are ever used in combat.

joyce : the fluffy pirate~
April 25th, 2006, 09:40 AM
My favo types are Grass and Normal types...
But I agree with aragornbird, steel types are great in battles

yaminokaitou
April 25th, 2006, 11:37 AM
I like dragons, followed by psychic

The Great Saiyaman
April 25th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Fire, Ever since they came out with 'Over Heat' I've been winning alot of battles. I also like steel and dragon types. (Nice an sturdy.)

Shining Salamence
April 25th, 2006, 03:03 PM
i'm pretty sure this is a duplicate, but dragon cause their attacks are only weak against steel (which i think was a bad decision) and they're only weak against ice (plus rock if its flying) attacks.

ysera
May 2nd, 2006, 08:39 PM
I like dark types becoz they can beat both psychic and ghost types..

poke lover
May 3rd, 2006, 10:20 PM
Rock/ground types are my favourite. Then comes grass, water and finally fire.

Oxnite
May 3rd, 2006, 11:19 PM
I love the POISON type. Maybe aren't there much good POISON-ATTACK's... Maybe doesnt POISON have a good resistance... I just like it!

1st POISON
2nd NORMAL
3rd GRASS

Natsuki
May 5th, 2006, 04:02 PM
My favorite type is Water. ^_____^ I love swimming and I just think a lot of the Water types are cool and fun to battle with. :3 Some of my favorite are Lapras, Totodile and Suicune. X3

~Kelsey

Lily
May 5th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Water, flying, ghost, dark, normal, dragon, psychic, flying, fire, electric...I can't seem to choose; however, as of right now I'd have to pick water, although it is guaranteed my mind is bound to change.

Naminé
May 5th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Psychic types are Naminé's favorite, simply because there is Gardevoir within it, although she is very well aware that psychic as a type is only around average. The best type is probably water overall. Naminé only sees electric and grass attacks as their only weakness, and hardly anyone uses offensive grass attacks in comparison to all the other attacks like ice beam. They are strong offensively as only other water types and grass types resist water. Dragons are also resistant to water, but they are generally weak to ice attacks, and almost all water Pokemon can learn it~

Ice demon
May 5th, 2006, 05:15 PM
hmmm Its a toss up between ice and flying...=P
I do adore water types for battling tho.

Red1530
May 5th, 2006, 05:48 PM
I have to go with normal types because they have high HP and easly learn other types of attacks easly.

Fid
May 8th, 2006, 03:33 AM
Fire and Steel types. *tryingtopassthemessagecharacterlimit*

Lt. Surge's Raichu
May 8th, 2006, 10:13 AM
I like Fire and Thunder the most, attack is high

Red1530
May 8th, 2006, 11:06 AM
I like Fire and Thunder the most, attack is highYou mean electric don't you?

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
May 18th, 2006, 03:38 AM
I love Ghost and Water types.

:t094:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Jorah
May 18th, 2006, 07:49 AM
I like Dragon, Fire, Dark and Flying. I just hate rock and fighting type pokemon.

Razer302
May 18th, 2006, 07:52 AM
i would have to say phsycik dark and dragon are my 3 favourite types but for the best type i would say steel on the defensive side.

miyo
June 17th, 2006, 06:47 AM
Grass and Electric are my top favourite elements. Not because they were super good at defense or offense, but I just somehow get attracted to these elements.. ack it, even my top 2 TCG decks are from this two elements XD

Blaze Dragon
June 17th, 2006, 09:20 AM
For the Title: no one, all types have weakness and resistances
For the purpose of this thread: the Fire, as the Fire Pokemon are so beautiful

[Fear_Itself]
June 17th, 2006, 04:30 PM
I'd have to say, my favorite type is definately the Dark-type.
Their defense power is truly strong.
I remember going up against the Dark-type trainer of the Elite Four in the Silver Version, and it was hard to get past her Umbreon because my attacks didn't seem to do much.
Then, of course, I switched to a Fighting-type, and it went down easy.
But still, if a Dark-type was the last pokemon in your party after a hard battle, I'd say you'd have a chance of winning (Unless it were up against something twice its level).
So, I'd definately go with the Dark-type for defensive purposes.

Secondly, for offense, I would strongly suggest the Psychic type.
There aren't alot of Psychic-type moves that are offensive, since most are generally used for affects (Kinesis, Reflect, Hypnosis, etc.).
Psychic moves such as Psychic (Doi xDD), Psybeam, Dream Eater, and Psywave can be very, very useful if your pokemon is at a high level.

Lastly, for cunning and strategy, I would strongly suggest the Electric type.
Moves such as Thunder Wave, Lock-on, and Zap Cannon can be used in sequence for devistating affects. As well as the paralysis affect, Lock-on would ensure a direct attack from a not-so-frequently-hitting Zap Cannon.

That is why I assemble my teams with a balance such as this.

Latias418
June 17th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Steel types are the "best" in terms of defense. Impervious to Poison and has, like, 10 or 11resistances. But not much is weak against it. Skarmory makes it impervious to a previous weakness, ground, but opens up a new one, electricity. But that's good. Basically all that happened was that a weakness changed and it became impervious to another thing. In addition, Steel types only have 2-3 weaknesses.

A balanced type is Electricity. It is also among the best types, and is my fave type. Thunderbolt is a great move, which when used by an electric type (Heck, the only others I know that can use Thunderbolt/Thunder are Starmie [How???], Castform [Wheather], and Zigzagoon [WTF...I taught it Thunder and Surf]) has a general power of of over Thunder's base power, AND has 100% accuracy. Thunder Wave is a great move since, IMO, Paralysis is the best condition (And runner up is badly poisioned from Toxic only). Oddly enough, though it seems the best, frozen is the worst conditon. Almost any fire move and even some other non-fire moves defrost the Pokemon, and there's no move that directly and only induces sleep. Instead, you have attacks with a 1 in 10 or 1 in 5 or something chanes of a freeze. plus, Thunder Wave is one of the only no-cost 100% accuracy moves that inflict paralysis.

As a rule, electric pokemon, being electricity, are generally fast, so if they're down by a few levels, you're fighting another electric Pokemon, or something like Speed Deoxys or other, the pure fact that Paralysis cuts your speed hugely is enough, then the thrown in addition your opponent might not be able to attack. You gain a sheer advantage with faster pokemon. Electric Pokemon are very well capable with inflicting this, as almost every electric move except Shockwave as a 1-in-something chance of paralysis, and that tallies up with a team of electrics and some defense against it's few weaknesses. In addition, Pokemon such as Electrike and Manetric are even farther capable of inflicting paralysis, with not only Thunder Wave and electric moves, but then there's the fact that they have that static ability which works more then one would think.

On my electric Pokemon, I generally run the fastest of them like Jolteon in my party and have Thunder Wave on most of them, Thunderbolt on all if I can get it, Thunder on some just in case against tanks. On most of my Pokemon I have quick attack for a finisher, especially if they get paralyzed but had weakened the opponent way down first.

Holy crap I typed a lot >_>

Drifblim
June 17th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Ice, as explained by my username. I developed a liking for it just out of disgust for how much Dragon-types, particularly Rayquaza (as old-time PUKers will remember of me) were used. It's great against four types (Grass, Ground, Flying, and Dragon), ineffective against three (Fire, Ice, and Steel). In my opinion an Ice-type Pokémon or a Pokémon with an Ice-type move would be a more-than-decent investment.

God, I sound like a newspaper quote....

Aegis
June 17th, 2006, 06:54 PM
I like Dragon and Fire (cliche no?), I think they are so pretty/cool, and are powerful. My favrotie of each is Salamence and Blaziken.

I think they work well together, and base that off of experince. I had a Dragonite and Charizard on my FireRed and transered them into XD, and they were awesome