PDA

View Full Version : Friendship

Naminé
April 25th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Naminé only wants to ask a very simple, straightforward question.

What is a friend...?

eleniak_witch
April 26th, 2006, 12:59 AM
A friend could be many things.

Someone you can rely on.
Someone you can trust.
Someone who won't leave you or forget about you.
Someone whose company you enjoy.
Someone who you can be yourself with.
Someone who can also enjoy your company and be themselves.

Just somewhere along those lines I guess.

Drifblim
April 26th, 2006, 02:13 AM
In these days there really is no standard definition.

On one end of the spectrum it can be someone who you can confide in and trust with your messages and work and work with you to achieve a common goal.

On the other end it's one of many people in a list geared for quick identification of your influence or status on social networking sites.

Ryoutarou
April 26th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Different people give it different meanings. Probably someone you can trust to help you out when you really need it and someone who can trust you with the same.

cinnamon
April 26th, 2006, 07:35 AM
freinds come in lots of shapes and sises wid diffrent personalliteies anyway can we talk about something else im like new on here and relly bored

Lily
April 26th, 2006, 08:04 AM
People who will console you on MSN asking you why on earth you questioned their meaning. XP

cinnamon, if this topic does not interest you, it's better to go off and find new ones. ^_^;

Shikon no Tama
April 26th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Friendship is justified in so many ways, that to everybody a friend can be a different thing. To me a friend is a person with whom you enjoy talking and hanging out with, and who would help you if you ever had any problems. To me, a friend is more or less like a very loyal and trustworthy person.

The Great Saiyaman
April 26th, 2006, 12:26 PM
A friend is someone you turn to for. . . MONEY. Nah, I'm just joking.

A friend is a person who you can relate to. Someone who wouldn't turn their back on you.

silentkiller349
April 26th, 2006, 01:50 PM
A friend is someone you are like or somone you can trust without being betrayed.

Chase Leader
April 26th, 2006, 08:37 PM
A friend is beyond words, someone who you can be in the same room with and not say a word and think nothing of it...someone who will listen to anything you say...someone who will always be there to help you...a friend is indeed beyond words...don't take them for granted.

TRIFORCE89
April 29th, 2006, 04:48 AM
*points to Friends List*

It is something that grows over time... a true friendship. A feeling in the heart that becomes even stronger over time... The passion of friendship will soon blossom into a righteous power and through it, you will know which way to go...

Sheik said it best. XD

Garouga! Bare Your Fangs!
April 29th, 2006, 07:27 AM
A friend is a person who will visit you in jail.

A best friend is someone who will bail you out.

A true friend will be sitting right next to you saying "That was awesome..."

powerofpikachu
April 29th, 2006, 11:52 AM
the nest words im about to say are strong and beautiful.

what is a friend you ask?
a friend is the one who sticks up for you when you need backup
a friend is one who is there for you, when you are in deep sandess,
a friend is one who never regrets meeting you
a friend is the one who loves you forever
a friend is the one who protects you from harm,
*sniffle* *in tears*
a friend is the one who when you die, is garanteed to be at your funeral, a friend is the one who cares about you
a friend is the one who always wants to be with you
a friend is the one who if you fight, gets back together with you,
a friend is the one who will help you make the right decisions
a friend is the one who will stop you from suicide
a friend s the one who will help you live above the influence
a friend is the one who never lets you down no matter what
a friend will ablawy be there when you need her
a friend will always save you if you need it
a friend will always be with you in your heart

*cry*
but most of all,

a friend will always be there.

no matter what.

they will always be there

Drifblim
April 29th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Power....That was beautiful. [sniffles] I never thought of it that deeply.

powerofpikachu
April 30th, 2006, 01:36 PM
thanx crystal, i know the true meaning of a friend

PhoenixFluff
May 2nd, 2006, 03:51 PM
Weell, Friendship..hm..there's no real definition of it.

Friends are the other you. They are a part of you you never knew. (Haha that ryhmed!)
They are siblings God forgot to give us. (Pwease don't be offended by my mentioning of religious figures...X_x)
Friends are people you can trust with your life.

Loyal Arcanine
May 4th, 2006, 05:44 AM
What is a friend...?
Hard to find =(

But seriously, for a friend should be someone who won't betray you and won't let you down, but not that alone. I also think you should just be able to have normal fun with them, make jokes and have a laugh. Of course there are people who will be there for you with whom you don't joke, but I'd associate that more with ... brotherly feelings or something.

*points to Friends List*
I doubt the number of true friends you can make on a forum.

the nest words im about to say are strong and beautiful.
Those your own words, or ... ? =/

Kalylia
May 8th, 2006, 03:26 PM
A friend can be many things. It really depends on what you're talking about. A plain old regular friend is someone you can talk to and laugh with.

But best friend is something more.

A best friend is someone you trust with your life, your family, your secrets. It's someone who is ALWAYS there for you, no matter what your problem is. He can always make you laugh. She knows you better than you know yourself. Sometimes, you finish each others' sentences and immediatly freak out and yell "Oh My Gawd!" They never judge you and help you through all your problems. They keep you company when you're lonely. They hold you when you cry. They don't skirt away when your grandfather dies or your parents announce their divorce. They'll watch old, crappy movies with you or go with you to a fancy resteraunt because you're both single for the weekend and don't want to sit at home.

They are irreplacable and non-reproducable.

~Ozy~
May 8th, 2006, 03:41 PM
A friend is the jerk in the camo vest who tells you to **** off and the next day buys you lunch for hauling him around all the time when he needs a ride.

A friend is the sweater-toting pacifist who you shot in the gut one day with an Airsoft gun (accidentally) and laughs at you quietly self-rightous impersonation of him before coming back with an even more brutal one of you.

A frind is the guy who will go and see Episode III at midnight, day one and poke you awake if you start to doze.

They're also the people who come into school the next day and don't gloat (okay, don't gloat a whoile lot about it) or spoil anything because you haven't seen it yet.

A friend will join the Fighting 501st with you the day you turn 18, not the day he does so you can join together.

You can get into a screaming match with a friend about politics and still laugh at the same inspid little in-joke five minutes later.

A friend gets you George Takei's autograph when you can't make it to StarCon yourself.

But that's just what they do. What they are is a much more indefinable, ephermeal thing.

Hitori
May 8th, 2006, 05:10 PM
I'm your friend, Namine. ;)

A friend is someone who trusts and likes you. Someone who will never give up even if you push them away.

one's true, pure, whole bonding with another... a friend is simply that; a friend.

yaminokaitou
May 9th, 2006, 09:16 PM
For me, friends are very important.
Friends....

Stand by each other, no matter what
Help each other out in tough situations
Are always willing to listen and be there
After fighting over something stupid with you spends all of first period writing a three page note apologizing for how she acted (even if she thinks she's still right.)
Can trust each other
Won't make fun of you after finding out about your secret obsessions
Don't make you feel stupid when you start bawling on their shoulders.
Never tell you to just "get over it".
Are people with whom you can trust with secrets
Are one soul in two bodies (from some quote online)
Are sacrificial

That is all for now. ^^

Smarties-chan
May 11th, 2006, 10:02 AM
First I'd like to know wether you want to know what a true friend or a regular friend is, but I'll just list a couple of things that defy a true friend:

A true friend...
- Will always support you, no matter what
- Will never purposely do something that could either hurt you emotionally or physicaly
- Will stubbornly keep asking you what's wrong even though you say it's nothing
- Knows when you're sad or upset about something (this one's connected to what I mentioned above)
- Knows you better than you know yourself (as I think has been mentioned before)
*A couple of hundred points later*
And last, but definitely not least, a true friend would even completely get out of your life if that was what you wanted.

Amy-chan
May 11th, 2006, 03:27 PM
A friend is a rare book, of which but one copy is made.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
May 20th, 2006, 04:52 AM
A friend is someone you can rely on and other stuff.

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Krafty Quill
May 20th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Freinds?

Freinds are people you think are your friends until they come back around and bite you in the ***!

Zelos
May 20th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Freinds?

Freinds are people you think are your friends until they come back around and bite you in the ***!

No cursing, please.

I think friends are people that you can trust; someone that you can always rely on. They're always there for you, never leaving your side when you need them. They look out for you. I guess...someone that you can really connect with~

Krafty Quill
May 20th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Sorry, get a little carried away sometimes

Willuknight
May 20th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Friends:

Someone you trust,

measuring trust:
Would you let them stay at your house while you where away?
Would you let them borrow your car?
Could you depend on them to do whatever they could to help you out, if there was a problem?

i generally use the term mate instead of friend. A mate is someone i socialize with regularly, but a friend is something I have a concrete relationship with.

Miiburd
May 22nd, 2006, 07:58 PM
I think there are situational accquaintances, and friends. The friends are hard to come by, and sometimes when you think they are a friend, something happens and you lose contact.

I think a true friend is there through everything; so even if a class ends, if you don't live next to each other, if you don't go to the same places anymore, you will still MAKE time to see each other.

Accquaintances disappear after what ever you were both involved in.

You are fortunate to have one true friend who sticks around. =}

bna_li
May 22nd, 2006, 11:02 PM
Friends are people who talk to you when you need them, help you up when you're on the ground and stick with you no matter what.

Lord Mike
May 24th, 2006, 05:45 AM
Friends can be very easy or very hard to get. It all depends on how much you and your friend contribute to the relationship.

Emma
May 24th, 2006, 08:46 AM
Friends are, (Well, In my opinion XD)

- The ones who look out for you and help out when you need them to.
- People who are trustworthy, and would keep very personal secrets.
- Who support you at tough times.
- And who can understand you when you talk to them about a certain thing (Mainly personal)

Lord Mike
May 24th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Then again, friends can use you. If someone only likes you for your popularity, they're not really considered a friend and will really let you down someday. Choose your friends wisely.

Yoko-Chan
May 27th, 2006, 05:48 AM
hmm..someone u can trust, be yourself with, have fun with...aaand all that kind of stuff.

Lord Mike
May 27th, 2006, 06:09 AM
That's how I wish all friendships were.

Yoko-Chan
May 27th, 2006, 09:23 AM
That's how i wish all friendships were.

yeah, me 2, but it's not.
you can't trust anyone today.. it's kinda sad.

bna_li
May 27th, 2006, 09:26 AM
I could, I can and I do...

Yoko-Chan
May 27th, 2006, 11:55 AM
I could, I can and I do...

then your lucky, because i can't.

Lord Mike
May 27th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Guys. Its teens were taking about. Adultlesence is suppose to be the hardest part of your life. I'm going through tough times right now.

Kalylia
May 28th, 2006, 06:14 AM
I don't know about adultlesence, but Adolescence is a rather difficult part of one's life. I'm not sure what that has to do with friendship, but...

Personally, I think a true friend is a prep who will walk by me while I'm decked out in punk attire and my collar. Yes, collar. Don't get it, PM me and you might find out. Look at my avatar and sig first, you might figure it out.

That kind of acceptance is what makes true friendship.

exemption
May 28th, 2006, 06:33 AM
Adolescence is typically anyone aged from 10 - 19, so that can be recognised as your teen years too. Perhaps you meant adulthood?

Well, online I have too many "false" friends, since I moderate and take care of support issues in the MMORPG area. I'm well aware of people who try to act as if they are your friend, but really aren't; they just use you since you have so-called "powers", and it's pretty sick. This doesn't just relate to forum work (even though that's part of it), but in-game, realtime work too. It wasn't uncommon for me to deal with 40 - 50 people at a time, and that was part of my duty for around 10 months before it got boring, and decided to stick to forum duties instead. Takes a bit to gain my trust online.

Offline, I've only had a few friends as I'm quite shy. Right now actually, I only have one, but it doesn't bother me. My past friendships before that consisted of drama and a bunch of derogatory crap that I wouldn't necessarily wish to deal with again. Sure, not all friendships are that way, but it has given me a sour taste. I'm fine with what I have right now... And personally, friendship is not a big deal in my life at the moment. So no complaints there.

Lord Mike
May 28th, 2006, 06:59 AM
Yes. Teens are suppose to be the hardest part of one's life. Its that way for me.

Zone
May 28th, 2006, 07:13 AM
Yes. Teens are suppose to be the hardest part of one's life. Its that way for me.

Why did you just post a paraphrase of what you already said in this same topic with no other posts of yours between them?

And for some people, that is true, for others it is not.

Nina-Chan
May 28th, 2006, 09:31 AM
Hmm. A friend is usually someone you take for granted, and you don't relise how much you love them untill the're gone.

Hey Namine, you like Kingdom Hearts? If you do, could you pm me (don't wanna spam up your board) and give me a tip or two? I am stuck.

Lord Mike
May 28th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Hmm. A friend is usually someone you take for granted, and you don't relise how much you love them untill the're gone.

Hey Namine, you like Kingdom Hearts? If you do, could you pm me (don't wanna spam up your board) and give me a tip or two? I am stuck.

I agree. I have lost a few friends that way, while many people lost me as a friend.

♥RanaRocket!☆
May 29th, 2006, 01:11 AM
because you cant chose you familly, you choses you firends.
A friend is the familly you chose for yourself.
but never forget: Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.

Nina-Chan
May 29th, 2006, 04:02 AM
because you cant chose you familly, you choses you firends.
A friend is the familly you chose for yourself.
but never forget: Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.

The last part diden't make sense to me. Could you explain that?

Otherwise, that makes alot of sense to me. ^.^ If you could choose your family, you woulden't need friends!

♥RanaRocket!☆
May 29th, 2006, 05:17 AM
the last bit means, while you keep your friends by your side, make sure you always know where your enemies are, and whats they're doing, ever heard the expression 'frenemy'?

Nina-Chan
May 29th, 2006, 06:07 AM
.XP Oh, ok. I get it.

^.^ some times friends help you succed. There are times when you can't do something without a friend

Lord Mike
May 29th, 2006, 07:34 AM
That comment still sounds ironic to me.

♥RanaRocket!☆
May 29th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Thats true... but im faling to think of a time when i have relied on a friend and they pulled through....
dictonary definition of friend:
a supportive and respected associate, esp. one for whom affection is felt.

Lord Mike
May 29th, 2006, 11:52 AM
I have many friends, though I really only consider them friends because I'm friendly with them. We don't hang out together outside of school unless we somehow run into each other.

McGraw
May 29th, 2006, 02:32 PM
a friend brings out the best in you.

Chase Leader
May 29th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Friendship knows no-limits and if its a true friend its always a good thing...thats why I am glad I have the friends that I do...I know them incredibly well.

Abolishing Flames
May 29th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Friendship isn't about corny sayings or stupid aphorisms. As long as you have companions to share your opinions with, then you have friends.

Lord Mike
May 30th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Friendship can vary from easy to hard. It depends who you're trying to make friends with.