PDA

View Full Version : What was your starter pokemon?

Captain Fabio
April 28th, 2006, 01:13 AM
Hey people, i was just wondering. What was everyones starter pokemon in LeafGreen/FireRed? Mine was Charmander! But what was yours? I suppose that this can also tie in with what is your fav. starter so ye. :D

Ash&pikachuarethebest
April 28th, 2006, 03:09 AM
Hi my starter pokemon was baulbersauer

Selkie_warrior
April 28th, 2006, 03:15 AM
same wen u say fav started does that mean mudkip,torchic,treecko as well? cos if so mines mudkip by far

Ash&pikachuarethebest
April 28th, 2006, 03:27 AM
baulbersauer isn't my fav starter but he is ok but my fav starter is torchic

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
April 28th, 2006, 03:30 AM
My favorite starter is the best Pokemon (well the 5th best) BULBASUAR:t001:

:t003:Dark Venusaur

Selkie_warrior
April 28th, 2006, 03:32 AM
meh i used to like bulbasaur then mudkip came*has a flashback wen first saw big bro playing sapphire*

Captain Fabio
April 28th, 2006, 04:05 AM
Erm.. well i said LeafGreen/FireRed but hey why not!
QUESTION RE-SET:
What is your fav. starter pokemon from ANY of the games?

Geometric-sama
April 28th, 2006, 07:12 AM
Then this would be in the wrong place. Keep it to FRLG, or have it moved.

I started with Charmander, partly to give me a challenge for the first two gyms (Rock and Water), as it is more manly. The other part was that I could pick up a Pikachu early, and there are many Water Pokémon around, but Fire Pokémon are not found until later in the game.

Captain Fabio
April 28th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Oh ye sorry about that, forgot! Keep it to leafgreen and firered please people!

'Arcanine'
April 28th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Mine was the cute fire lizard, Charmander. Charizard is one of my favourite Pokemon & fire one of my favourite elements. I think Squirtle is the best choice, then Charmander but Bulbasaur doesn't learn very good attacks but evolves quicker.

Smarties-chan
April 28th, 2006, 10:46 AM
My first starter in Firered was Charmander. Even though it's my least favourite of the three, it often happens to become my starter. Sure Charizard isn't great, but most other Fire Pokémon are worse =/

My favourite starter, however, is Squirtle. Even though I absolutely adore Bulbasaur and its evolutions, I like the Squirtle line even more *huggles them ^_^*
Mine was the cute fire lizard, Charmander. Charizard is one of my favourite Pokemon & fire one of my favourite elements. I think Squirtle is the best choice, then Charmander but Bulbasaur doesn't learn very good attacks but evolves quicker.
Since when have Sludge Bomb, Earthquake, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, Stunspore and Razor leaf (well, razor leaf isn't all that great, but the only better offensive grass move is Leaf Blade, which only Sceptile and Grovyle can learn) been bad moves? -_- It's just a matter of wether you can use the Pokémon right (which you obviously can't) or wether you think all Pokémon work with the same strategy >D

yaminokaitou
April 28th, 2006, 01:44 PM
Charmander, as usual.
I like the challenge. ^^

Ati
April 29th, 2006, 10:58 AM
oh well

my first game was pokemon silver some years ago and i started with Totodile:)

VanirElf
April 29th, 2006, 11:10 AM
in FireRed/LeafGree (Red/Blue)

my starter was always charmander just 'cuz I like Charizad 'cuz it's dragon
looking.

in GSC i'd start with Chikorita 'cuz it's my favorite grass type pokemon.

and in RSE I always start with Treecko just 'cuz yeah,
I never actually raise it though 'til after I've beaten the E4
I usually prefer to raise other pokemon.
Dustox in particular.

Lily
April 29th, 2006, 03:28 PM
At first, I chose Charmander, as I was extremely fond of Charizard. Soon after I found Bulbasaur more fitting to the game I had (Leaf Green), so I started anew. I rarely use Squirtle, for reasons unknown, although Blastoise is admirable enough. ._.

~Alakazam~
April 29th, 2006, 04:01 PM
I chose Charmander first as I love Charizard. I then tried out Bulbasaur and found that he always lost to Gary and was very weak through most of the game (thus my foray to make my overwhelmingly highest level pokemon different than my starter). Squirtle was about as good as Charmander, but I had a liking of Charizard. Besides, my custom Charizard could beat a Blastoise of its level any day.

JX Valentine
April 29th, 2006, 04:56 PM
In Fire Red, I started with Squirtle, mainly because it's what I did when I first got my copy of Red. Ergo, I relived past memories by playing through the game with a Squirtle by my side, just as I had so many years ago.

Time flies, man. Time flies.

Lie Ren
April 29th, 2006, 06:57 PM
uuuum...
FireRed: Charmander
LeafGreen: Squirtle

Charmander has always been my favorite Kanto starter, so for most of the games I chose it, but for LeafGreen I felt like choosing a different one, since I already had Charmander on FireRed...

The Fallen
April 29th, 2006, 07:20 PM
I picked Squirtle. I wanted to get Hydro Cannon more than Blast Burn and Frenzy Plant so that's why I picked him.

Cheeky Typhlosion
April 29th, 2006, 07:53 PM
I'm a fire-freak, so I always pick Charmander. But for LG I chose Bulbasaur, just to get Entei. My favourite starter is Cyndaquil from G/S/C.

Kaeru_ike
April 29th, 2006, 11:22 PM
I have both games so in Firered i choosed Charmander and in Leafgreen, Bulbasour

Shining Salamence
April 30th, 2006, 09:24 AM
squirtle roar i'm hiding in here...w00t

Persona
April 30th, 2006, 09:26 AM
charamander offcourse! *hugs my favourite fire pokemon*

joyce : the fluffy pirate~
April 30th, 2006, 09:35 AM
I started alot over and over , but currently is my starter Charmander ^^

Golden Mew
May 7th, 2006, 11:12 PM
My starter was a squirtel because i like hydro cannon than frenzy plant and blast burn

'Arcanine'
May 22nd, 2006, 02:07 AM
Since when have Sludge Bomb, Earthquake, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, Stunspore and Razor leaf (well, razor leaf isn't all that great, but the only better offensive grass move is Leaf Blade, which only Sceptile and Grovyle can learn) been bad moves? -_- It's just a matter of wether you can use the Pokémon right (which you obviously can't) or wether you think all Pokémon work with the same strategy >D
At the start, it has rubbish attacks & you got to beat an Onix! It learn stuff like Leech Seed which takes away a bit of health which isn't really that good.

What attacks does Bulbasaur learn at around level 12?

Charizard_guardian767
May 22nd, 2006, 03:10 AM
i think it learns, tackle, growl, leech seed and vine whip

Kraka-chan
May 26th, 2006, 09:09 AM
My starter Pokemon in LG is Squirtle. My other fave is Bulbasaur because it can easily help to defeat the first two gym leaders.
I like to give my starters TMs because the moves they learn now are quite rubbish.

Demonta
May 26th, 2006, 09:21 AM
Charmander of course, charizard rules!

Smarties-chan
May 26th, 2006, 09:24 AM
At the start, it has rubbish attacks & you got to beat an Onix! It learn stuff like Leech Seed which takes away a bit of health which isn't really that good.

What attacks does Bulbasaur learn at around level 12?
Pfft... an Onix' stat line isn't really all that great, one or two Vine Whips will be enough to defeat it. Also, Leech Seed and Sleep Powder are a perfect combination, so don't you dare say Leech Seed sucks >D

Of course it's hard to train a Pokémon with such limited PP on its moves, but it's definitely worth it in the Pokéleague or at the Battle Frontier if you trade it to Emerald.

I said it before and I'll say it again: Venusaur pwns, but sadly, most people just don't understand how to use it.

It's no surprise people don't like Venusaur, I mean, look at the movesets most people give it, they are something along the lines of:

- Solarbeam
- Razor Leaf
- Poison Powder
- Stun Spore

And that was one of the better Venusaur movesets I have seen, which really makes me sad ;-;
Charmander of course, charizard rules!
Yea, crappy defenses and a double weakness against Rock rule, not to mention it has a weakness against Water and Electric, too.
Venusaur and Blastoise are both way better than Charizard, imo, because unlike Charizard, they can deal serious damage, but also take a lot of damage themselves.

Haunter Master
May 26th, 2006, 09:28 AM
I started with Squirtle when i first got it, but then i learned the Charmander now learns Metal Claw at Lvl. 13
Squirtle has always been my favorite starter.

Lathspell
May 26th, 2006, 01:41 PM
When I first started, I chose Charmander, because I just love Charizard. But that's only for looks. Nowadays, I choose Bulbasaur, because Venusaur learns the best moves from all the three, and although it has many weaknesses, it gets double STAB, in Sludge Bomb and Razor Leaf, Sleep Powder rulz even better ingame, and Leech Seed is my favourite move.

Red1530
May 26th, 2006, 06:51 PM
I started with Charmander.

zyvolution
May 27th, 2006, 05:48 AM
I chose charmander as my first pokemon.
Because charizard is my favorite pokemon :)

Katakoe
May 27th, 2006, 01:10 PM
My first one was Bulbasaur, mainly because I wanted to speed through the game to see all the new features, but I later restarted it and started with Charmander because I believe Charizard to be the most powerful est of the starting evolutions.

kinmaj06
May 27th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Charmander in Fire red and Bulby in Leaf Green

>pikajo<
May 27th, 2006, 06:44 PM
In FR, got squirtle. LG, bulbasaur. Ruby, Torchic. Sapphire, Treeko Emerald, Mudkip. XD

Jorah
May 29th, 2006, 04:47 AM
I started with Squirtle. I usually start off with the water pokemon.

CaptainBrain
May 29th, 2006, 08:28 AM
I started with Squirtle. The water pokemon usually has the best move sets. :)

:t334: CaptainBrain

Ninja Monkey
May 29th, 2006, 10:55 AM
The first time I ever played a Pokemon game it was blue, and I used squirtle, so I guess he's my favorite. I like using Vulpix or Growlithe for my fire pokemon, because they're pure fire and I like them...

grifinator
May 29th, 2006, 03:44 PM
well, let's take it like this: in red/blue i used charizard, in gold/silver/crystal i used typhlosyon, in ruby/saphire all of them and torchic rocks, and FR/LG still charmander. i guess u get it that i love fire.

Nintendo Master
June 5th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Squirtle. It has always been my starter in R/B and still is.

Chesters_love
June 5th, 2006, 04:20 PM
i picked squirtle and now its a Lv100 blastoise!!!

Conman
June 5th, 2006, 10:02 PM
I started with Squirtle, because I always choose the water type first when I play the game for the first time. After that I choose the others, but if I'm going in for the long run, always the water type.

Green Bulbasaur
June 7th, 2006, 08:33 AM
Mine is Bulbasaur.

I've always been a huge fan of him ever since Red and Blue versions. I like the way he looks, plus, he looks even cooler as he evolves, and he gets a great move list.

My least favorite is Squirtle.

Mainly because I can train a Vaporeon or a Lapras which are both stronger then Blastoise, IMO.

miloticmaster
June 10th, 2006, 01:19 AM
My starter was charmander because i like Blast burn. :P

~Patrick~
June 10th, 2006, 03:11 PM
In Fire Red, I chose Charmander.

I wanted a challenege in the first 2 gyms.

.: Giovanni :.
June 10th, 2006, 03:12 PM
On my Leaf Green I went with Squirtle. I'm not a fan of Bulbasaur and have a Charizard on my Blue (Yes, VERY old). PLus, water-types are the best. :D

Miss Pika
June 11th, 2006, 11:36 AM
My starter was Bulbasaur. It has always been my favorite out of the three.

Ritsuka
June 11th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Mine was Charmander... Because I always beleived in the power of Charizard..^.^"""

Nuke
June 12th, 2006, 03:33 AM
Bulbasaur,And Now I know that I shouldn't of picked it.
Well actually I've known for ages.

Speed Racer
June 12th, 2006, 03:59 AM
My starter pokemon was Bulbasaur because Bulbasaurs are real easy to train and they can learn really good attacks. There levels go up really quick too! But my favorite one is Charmander. I didn't pick him becaus he's kinda hard to train and it takes a while for his levels to go up.

Twilight Itachi X
June 12th, 2006, 04:04 AM
On Firered, it was Charmander. On Leaf Green, it was Bulbasaur.

seda
June 12th, 2006, 06:59 PM
On LeafGreen I'm currently restarting for a shiny Squirtle; does that count?

♥Naomi♥
June 12th, 2006, 07:05 PM
female charmander.always have always will.

sunny99
June 21st, 2006, 09:50 PM
like most the people, since i'm a dragon fan, i have to go with charmander as he is my starter in my FR

KiraYamato
June 21st, 2006, 10:27 PM
As was in my origonal Red, Charmander allways and forever lol.

ArKiVe
June 21st, 2006, 10:29 PM
My first pokemon ever was Charmander.

FinalTreecko781
June 24th, 2006, 08:52 PM
i chose the little lizard charmander. just cause i like fire best in the fr/lg
series or red/blue/yellow...

Dillon
June 25th, 2006, 10:19 PM
charmander always!
squrital sometimes...

Pokemon Master 4ever
June 25th, 2006, 10:26 PM
I would choose Charmander or Squirtle.

Ria
June 26th, 2006, 01:01 AM
I chose Charmander... and named him Charlie ^^; My darling /wub/ I luv him very much, he's a poppet, really ^^;

Forever
June 30th, 2006, 05:35 PM
*·-:¦:-·:*'''''*:·-:¦*·-:¦:-·:*'''''*:·-: ¦
Well i chose Bulbasaur because ma dad got Charmander and Squrtle was too weak so not a hard desicion!
hh simpsonqueen

Feraligatr
June 30th, 2006, 06:47 PM
I started with a Squirtle mainly because it's a water type. I love water types. Plus it has nice stats.

Aether
July 2nd, 2006, 09:42 PM
I chose Bulbasaur because it can learn Frenzy plant and Giga drain.Both sound cool and both PWN!!!!!!

Zerus
July 3rd, 2006, 02:23 AM
Bulbasaur because he's the easiest to level up and can do well for the first 3 Gyms.

Cosmic Tyrant
July 3rd, 2006, 02:31 AM
I choose squirtle 91.5% of the time. but sometimes I'll break away from tradition and choose bulbasaur.

Neo Umbreon
July 3rd, 2006, 07:21 AM
I choose Charmander. I choose the other ones sometimes too.

wisdom124
July 4th, 2006, 06:42 AM
my starter was squirtle because i like all water starters

Latios&Latias381382
July 4th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Mine is Bulbasaur so I can beat the first 3 leaders too bad I cant defeat the Elite Four with it...

sunny99
July 4th, 2006, 11:17 AM
mine was charmander, and charzard rulez (speed and atk is what its all bout)