PDA

View Full Version : Mocked for your love of Pokémon?

The Dash
April 28th, 2006, 02:28 AM
Has anyone else been mocked/ridculed by their freinds/peirs for their love of Pokémon? I know I have :p I had a Pikachu Plushe in my bag (don't askl why)
and someone found it. I havent heard the end of it since ¬_¬

Sorye HK
April 28th, 2006, 02:38 AM
No. My friends, and other random people I've met don't seem to care.

The only time I was really urm... Mocked, was when I decided to wear a pink mini skirt to
school, and hey even I think that was overboard;;;

Selkie_warrior
April 28th, 2006, 03:17 AM
um thats sacary coz ur a guy but yeh i even got the nikname benjamon(screw my teacher)i have to lie and say no i hate pokemon i so sorry all my fellow pokemon fans*cries*

Eon-Rider
April 28th, 2006, 03:55 AM
Wrong section. Eep.

When I told my friends I was doing a Pokemon site (Eon-Rider (http://www.eon-rider.x-wh.net/)), they laughed at me.

DININI
April 28th, 2006, 05:20 AM
When i told my friends i love pokemon. Some of them laughed :S

Sammi
April 28th, 2006, 05:31 AM
Coolmaster's right, this would be better suited for Pokemon General, since it is about Pokemon. ^^; Remember to place your polls in the right place next time. =)
*moved*
I just hope there hasn't been a topic like this in awhile. ._.; I tried searching for it and didn't find it.

No, acutally. Not many people know, and the people I told didn't seem to mind, if they didn't like it. :P

phantom_zangetsu
April 28th, 2006, 05:32 AM
hmm...when i had a poke'mon silver and kept bringing it in school....i just wanted to play.....the people in my school.....they all kinda suck...i stopped liking pokemon for about two years...then i met another friend (whom i used to like) that also liked pokemon...its kind of my history here before joining PC

Lily
April 28th, 2006, 05:34 AM
I rarely profess my love for Pokemon outside my house, but there was one time I took a holographic Vaporeon card to school. I accidentally dropped it, and a couple of guys made a huge fuss over it (OMG I found a pkmn card OMG >_>). I didn't want to lose my only Vaporeon card so I asked to have it back. They agreed, but I could see some of them smirking/whispering behind my back. Thankfully, my friends don't mind; they make playful jabs at it, but nothing more. ^^;

Schizophrenic Charmander
April 28th, 2006, 08:24 AM

The only time I was really urm... Mocked, was when I decided to wear a pink mini skirt to

What the hell? Why did you wear a pink miniskirt to school?

Anyway, you've just got to keep it hidden. I'm not exactly proud of this...well, I wouldn't it my fandom, I'd call it random inklings at times, but you've just got to hide it, nonetheless, else you'll find yourself arguing about it.

joyce : the fluffy pirate~
April 28th, 2006, 10:12 AM
My friends don't really seem to care, they learn to accept it. The big problem is only my sister ¬_¬
I can't turn up the TV to watch the show , without arguing with my siter 'bout it.
Pretty irritating ...

Ichigo Flash
April 28th, 2006, 10:51 AM
All the time! but my closer friends are great we all sit there playing Ruby, Saph, Leaf Green etc.

DarkGreg
April 28th, 2006, 10:54 AM
I got mocked for a couple of days about that kind of stuff. After that couple of days I found out one of them still like YU-GI-OH and we still mock him about that he he

Razer302
April 28th, 2006, 10:57 AM
my sis is the worst problem i have to record pokemon on mornings and watch it wen she is out. but most of the people at school play them to so i get really good rares like my 3 kyogres that i traded for some shiny pokemon.
yu-gi-oh is a good show i watch that

Smarties-chan
April 28th, 2006, 10:58 AM
No, I haven't been mocked for liking Pokémon, however, some of my classmates find it amusing that I'm a member of a Pokémon forum O.o

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
April 28th, 2006, 11:53 AM
I don't tell anyone that I like Pokemon. Only my closes friends know.

:t003:Dark Venusaur

Emma
April 28th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Same, I keep my secret away from my friends otherwise they'll be like "WTF" So I wouldn't bother XD

Only my best friend knows and I found out she likes it too so that's okay :D

Jorah
April 28th, 2006, 12:28 PM
No-one knows I still like pokemon! Actually, I kind of "gave it up" about 2 or 3 years ago, but then I kind of got back into it by showing an interest into Sapphire and Ruby (both which I still don't have! *gasp* but I'm considering buying) I'm not even going to dare trying to say that I like pokemon.

The Great Saiyaman
April 28th, 2006, 12:38 PM
NO! NEVER! NOT EVEN MY FRIENDS!
You see, I'm ashamed of liking pokemon even one bit. I hate the cards, I MEAN HATE! I really like the GBA games, though... So I guess I'm not reall PKMN fan.
<.< >.>

This my confessions,fu!

coachwhipneoship
April 28th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Actually? No, I've been lucky. Most people who find out I love pokémon tell me they also like it--either that, or they just don't care one way or the other, or a little confused...but I haven't been made fun of or anything. And I'm 18. :D

Xtacy
April 28th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Nobody knows that I like Pokemon.

Drifblim
April 28th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Through most of my career, heavily. It never caught on in my town, as the last thing people wanted was a monster RPG. It bloomed late among younger people, however. For that I was ridiculed heavily until grade 10. By then most of my classmates accepted the fact that I was a Pokémon enthusiast, and consequently many rarely want me around.

Ash_Pokemaster
April 28th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Sometimes, some of them laugh at me. Actually, they used to do it like always. But when they learnt my "puzzled" (xD) personality they don't seem just to try to say a bad word about Pokemon. xD

brotlov
April 28th, 2006, 01:44 PM
All of my friends know that I'm a Pokemaniac and they don't care.

yaminokaitou
April 28th, 2006, 01:47 PM
My friend all know and either like it too or don't care.
My family really could care less. They don't really know what pokemon is, and they really don't care to find out.
I don't talk about pokemon at school very often so the people there don't know really. But it's not that big of a deal anymore since I'm in college and people are pretty much over the whole teasing thing.

poke lover
April 28th, 2006, 09:53 PM
I don't tell anyone I like Pokemon, not even my parents know. The only person that knows is my brother becasue hes into it as well.

Wedge Dassan
April 28th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Mocked try being bullied for most mnmy love usually come out worst in a fight over it.

Akidatheart
April 28th, 2006, 11:03 PM
My husband makes fun of me. He says I am wasting my time on a kiddy game. I told him he should battle me once and we will see whether or not it's a kiddy game. He just looked mean at me. And he still makes fun of me. (but he loves pac man) Oh well. I really like Pokemon, it's definitely not some easy kiddy game.

Sorye HK
April 28th, 2006, 11:19 PM
What the hell? Why did you wear a pink miniskirt to school?

Anyway, you've just got to keep it hidden. I'm not exactly proud of this...well, I wouldn't it my fandom, I'd call it random inklings at times, but you've just got to hide it, nonetheless, else you'll find yourself arguing about it. No one really seemed to care what I did, so I guess it was kinda an experiment. XD

MetalMario
April 29th, 2006, 08:33 AM
My friends just don't care, really. Most of them are just like, "ah yeah, I had a Charizard on Red version," or "WTF? There are 386 kinds of pokemon? That's insane!" The only person who's given me a hard time is my sister, and she's pretty much anti-everything remotely nerdy.

Ai
April 29th, 2006, 09:07 AM
my parents would be saying that i'm too old for it, but thats it. my brother and closest friends don't really care, but my other friends would think its riduculous and childish, and for people i just met, i would pretend to dislike pokemon, not hate, but dislike.

Loki
April 29th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Ugh. You would not believe how much trouble I get for my love of Pokemon. They're always like 'Oookay' or, 'You're SO weird!' every single time I bring it up. I like all these "kiddy" shows, and they never let it go! Mainly because all my friends are like, those super popular people who always have to be cool. But, I just don't talk about it around them, which is why my computer is my best friend. It's my way to share my love of Pokemon without losing my social status at school. =_=

Kimicatdemon
April 29th, 2006, 11:01 AM
My friends don't care...they already know I'm werid enough, but when i bring it up, they just stare then change the subject...They are such good people!! ;__; sorry if I stress you guys out about my obsession over every anime I ever watch..

enyce
April 29th, 2006, 11:46 AM
I have been mocked plenty of times. Im seventeen and I'm black, I hang around black people. But they didnt know until I bought my flash drive to school and started playin silver version on the computer. Havent heard the end of it

Ichigo Flash
April 29th, 2006, 01:00 PM
I have been mocked plenty of times. Im seventeen and I'm black, I hang around black people. But they didnt know until I bought my flash drive to school and started playin silver version on the computer. Havent heard the end of it

Wow that must suck majorly.

aragornbird
April 29th, 2006, 02:03 PM
~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Dude, I’m a 19 year-old freshman in college. If my friends knew I still played Pokemon, my reputation would go down the drain. Most of my friends have played R/B/Y when they were young, so they know Pokemon when they see it. Fortunately, my roommate has never played Pokemon before, so I can draw Pokemon on the computer without him caring. But when someone else comes into the room, I have to stop all Poke-activities.

It's my little secret. ;)

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Ichigo Flash
April 29th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Oh even worse but well done on the sneak work :)

Jeremy
April 29th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Well sweeties, I go to a ghetto school, and I was never mocked for my love of Pokémon. I remember I brang a GameBoy Color, and Pokémon Yellow, took them out and started playing it in front of everybody in class. The reactions I got were: "Hey look! Jeremy is playing Pokémon!" "Say, Pokémon went hard back in the day." "I be playing Pokémon back in the day." Ect. I guess there wasn't any mockery because they must have grew up in the Pokéra, sweeties. =p </lamepun>
XD

enyce
April 29th, 2006, 08:42 PM
Well sweeties, I go to a ghetto school, and I was never mocked for my love of Pokémon. I remember I brang a GameBoy Color, and Pokémon Yellow, took them out and started playing it in front of everybody in class. The reactions I got were: "Hey look! Jeremy is playing Pokémon!" "Say, Pokémon went hard back in the day." "I be playing Pokémon back in the day." Ect. I guess there wasn't any mockery because they must have grew up in the Pokéra, sweeties. =p </lamepun>
XD

Yo if you a dude, why do you talk like a girl? Why do you type in pink, and actin all female like. I hear you're Jeremy, I dont know no female named "Jeremy" and it says you're a female.

I think you're confused and thats that, sorry for the off topic thing. But it bugged me a bit

JX Valentine
April 29th, 2006, 09:19 PM
I voted for "sometimes," which is true. There's only one person who teases me for liking Pokemon. Otherwise, I mainly associate myself with people who do.

oni flygon
April 29th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Yo if you a dude, why do you talk like a girl? Why do you type in pink, and actin all female like. I hear you're Jeremy, I dont know no female named "Jeremy" and it says you're a female.

I think you're confused and thats that, sorry for the off topic thing. But it bugged me a bit
Dude, if you're not getting a joke, then talk to them personally and don't go off topic at a thread like this.

Anyways, people wouldn't want to bug me since the only thing I like about Pokemon is the manga. Otherwise, yeah.

YoshiRiRu
April 30th, 2006, 05:48 PM
XD

The same thing with me. I recently started playing the actual games again, and everyone's like "Pokemon, man thats so oldschool." All my friends know it, and basically anyone who ever played secretly still likes it. I don't hide it, but I know some d00dz who still 'mon and try to keep it low. I think it's stupid to hide it - I support my fandom 100% :D

Lt. Surge's Raichu
May 1st, 2006, 12:45 PM
Some of the laugh, som doesn't....mwhy can't people just respect us!

The Fallen
May 1st, 2006, 07:31 PM
Um, no. I don't actually love pokemon, I like to play the games and watch the show sometimes. Most of my friends play the games when they are bored too, so it's not a big deal.

Sakura Sandhu
May 2nd, 2006, 01:06 AM
Yeah I get mocked...but personally I couldnt give a ****....I'm 21 ans like pokemon...so what...If I respect that other people have their interests...then they could respect that I have mine. and If they dont they meet my not so cheery side >3

Toothache
May 2nd, 2006, 03:03 AM
I just find it funny now that some people don't like Pokemon. I'm so used to it.

Heh, I brought my GBA into work cos I was bored, and on a break I whipped it out and started playing.

"Whatcha playing?"

"Pokemon"

"Heh, you coulda lied about it."

I'm not fussed though. I kind of take the same mentality as Akidatheart, have me a battle or two and we'll see if it's a kids game or not.

~Ozy~
May 2nd, 2006, 04:08 PM
Eh, not since middle school. Back then, yeah, it was a social popular/unpopular issue, but since high school, folk have mellowed out about it and tend not to care.

Muse
May 2nd, 2006, 04:27 PM
Mocked? Understatement. Big one.

At my elementary school, we went to war about it. (Mini-war, mind you!) Seriously, I could tell rather interesting stories about the whole ordeal. But I'm going to keep it at the short version so I don't warp your mind or something like that.

-Kid moves in with Pokemon cards
-Shiny cards draw in a small group of 'outsiders'
-Unofficial Pokemon Club is formed.
-Jerkizoids (Yes, that's what we called the mocking people. We were young and silly) declare war against Pokemon Club, deeming us geeks that must be eliminated.
-Pokemon Club > Jerkizoids for five long years. Xp

Haruka
May 2nd, 2006, 04:53 PM
None of my friends know, so I was never mocked because I like Pokemon...

Pokemon is not actually a childish game like because it requires strategy.

Chiru
May 2nd, 2006, 05:02 PM
Everyone that I hang out with knows I like Pokemon. They're cool with it, as long as I'm not majorly obsessive over it. They all agree that Pokemon owns Yu-Gi-Oh, and that you're never too old to play Pokemon XD.

I don't really scream that I like Pokemon from the tops of buildings, so it doesn't really get out much that I like it. When someone finds out, I usually get the typical "Blah blah that automatically makes you a loser blah blah I'm a redneck blah blah", but I don't let it bother me much. It's just a game that I like to play - not a representation of my social rank.

Yugioh is b3tt3r
May 2nd, 2006, 05:20 PM
Mocked?!!? OMG, NEVER! All My friends LOOOOVE It!!!

~Alakazam~
May 2nd, 2006, 05:41 PM
My friends are cool with the video games (GBA) and that's all I like, so I never get teased for it. I actually draw out closet pokemaniacs in my school.

DR.MUNCHLAX
May 2nd, 2006, 09:09 PM
Many people where I live know about my love of Pokemon and I am teased all the time, but it dosn't matter to me as long as I have Pokemon I will always remain happy ^_^

mew_rocks
May 3rd, 2006, 12:28 AM
Well at my old school my best friend liked it, and all the girls in my class thought it was cute that I liked it. (HELL YEAH!) Most people just laughed and said pikachu in a weird voice but it wasnt exactly a pay out. Now at my new school I dont think i'd reveal that I like it so meh I dont care I guess. Except one friend I had that was 2 years above me. He hated pokemon so I never metioned it around him though he did pay me out occasionally.

Ati
May 3rd, 2006, 04:05 AM
Has anyone else been mocked/ridculed by their freinds/peirs for their love of Pokémon? I know I have :p I had a Pikachu Plushe in my bag (don't askl why)
and someone found it. I havent heard the end of it since ¬_¬

I have my Latias everytime in my bag and doesnt matter for me if someone saw or will see it...:\

Neosplash
May 3rd, 2006, 07:15 AM
When my friend, who will remain unamed (CoughPAULcough), looked over my shoulder at the computer I was at, he said "you like Pooky man" and now he won't leave me alone about it. He pokes me and says "hey look, I'm a Poky man!" =S

Don't ask me why he does that... I don't get it either.

AAMLrox
May 3rd, 2006, 01:09 PM
My friends think I'm crazy for still liking pokemon (they think it is for kids -_-) but they don't tease me about it...anymore...but they used to called me a 'pokedope' which wasn't very funny -_- The thing is though, they all used to love pokemon too.

I haven't told them about me liking Beyblade yet (eek!) I actually borrowed Pokemon movies 1&2 of off my friend and my other friend found me some Pikachu emoticons for Msn Messenger. ^_^

Some poeple find it funny though, I just give them evil looks ¬_¬
I think it is stupid when people tease me about it because obviously they have nothing better to do than wonder about what I do in my spare time -_-

yaminokaitou
May 3rd, 2006, 03:18 PM
When my friend, who will remain unamed (CoughPAULcough), looked over my shoulder at the computer I was at, he said "you like Pooky man" and now he won't leave me alone about it. He pokes me and says "hey look, I'm a Poky man!" =S

Don't ask me why he does that... I don't get it either.

Wow...and he thinks you're immature for liking pokemon?
No offense to him, but I think acting like that is more immature than liking pokemon. -_-
I think most people who tease other people are immature though. The mature people would leave you alone about it because it's none of their business. ^^

Sakura Sandhu
May 5th, 2006, 02:29 AM
I haven't told them about me liking Beyblade yet (eek!) I actually borrowed Pokemon movies 1&2 of off my friend and my other friend found me some Pikachu emoticons for Msn Messenger. ^_^

You have Pikachu emotions?? you are awsome...I want marill ones :3

Astinus
May 5th, 2006, 08:59 PM
When I was in high school...yeah. There was one kid who wouldn't leave me alone...until I threw a burrito at his head!

Now I can wear my shirts and wander around with my plushies in peace. The students at my college don't care; and the people at my place of work just think it's cute! They smile at my childish acts.

Cheeky Typhlosion
May 7th, 2006, 12:51 AM
My close friends don't care (they actually like Pokemon as well), but my other friends I don't tell em bout it. I just dont wanna find out wot their reaction will be.

Drew
May 7th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Lol Well, alot of people that know I like it think its cool, but then other times when random people hear me talking about, or playing it they're all "You still like Pokemon?!" And then call me weird, or crazy... they're never real mean though, and eventually they just joke about it. One guy thought it was weird, but he was cool with it.

Amy-chan
May 7th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Yeah, all the time. There were already those who taunted me for superficial reasons that never really justified anything they did, and once they discovered this it gave them yet another one.

Katsu Koneko
May 7th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Every single day by my dad. x.x

Anime = Childish to him.
Manga = Childish comics to him
J-pop = Annoying Music that must be changed to him

My friends seem to like it..well one of my friends I can talk to about it.

feraligatr1.0
May 7th, 2006, 05:30 PM
The worst time someone ever mocked me liking pokemon was on Mt Moon community, when we had a spam attack, the person kept saying I should do somthing nasty with a pokemon and I am a F.A.(g) for playing it.

xXx_SKITTY_xXx
May 8th, 2006, 11:32 AM
i always get looked at and people are like... 'yeah i liked it too, in like the 5th grade'

*le sigh

zonic the hedgehog
May 8th, 2006, 02:49 PM
There was a time where I did get teased a little bit, and this was just after the fad ended. (2002-ish)

It was pretty annoying, but it hasn't bothered me since then.
Pokemon is obviously old enough for people to not make fun of me for liking it, so I guess that's somewhat of an advantage...

Himawarii
May 8th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Not much..well,anymore =|

Most of the people I know can bear with the fact that I still love Pokemon..
My best friend and I have been playing the game for a long time now..so ya..

*Orion*
May 9th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Back in Junior and High School, some people made fun of it. But eh... I always ignored them. And even laughed at their references.

And even though I'm still not much open about it, I doubt my peers at Uni care at all about what I like. So... the fun is over. It takes place in Immaturity Central, which is High School...

Rioku_Zanketa
May 9th, 2006, 04:23 PM
LOL NO!!!!my friends like it and my girlfriends(girl-as-friends)think I look cute with my little plushies(then again....they think I look cute anyways,so I dunno what to say about that...^_^; )

Imagination Ninja
May 10th, 2006, 07:19 AM
No i ve never been teased for playing/watching pokemon.my friends know i like pokemon, and they don't tease me about it and don't care . Plus i never talk about pokemon when at school . When i first brought my pokemon crystal game into high school .One of the boys in my form room came up to me and said What are ya playing and i replied pokemon and he said" Yeah pokemon's a classic". Where i live pokemons kinda dead.

Krafty Quill
May 10th, 2006, 07:52 AM

Pink miniskirt, you're a guy right? :\

Could you honestly not see that one coming?

The_Bunny_King
May 10th, 2006, 08:20 AM
a bit all it ever is is "Pokemon Boy!" since they found a cube magazine with a pokemon XD reveiw in it. but my best friend doesn't care we play the TCG all the time and on a school trip we missed breakfast because we were playing Y/B version

VanirElf
May 13th, 2006, 01:25 PM
meh, some of my friends tease but I don't care 'cuz I have lots of friends who still play pokemon with me we don't care what people say, it's good fun
and until it's not we'll keep on playing.

Jorah
May 14th, 2006, 06:28 AM
I was just watching an episode of pokemon and my mum asked me why on earth I was watching it...then she said that she recognised Meowth as one of my plushie toys.

C.Victoria
May 14th, 2006, 07:16 AM
:/ Sure, in school they did. Even my friends did at times, though I tried not to let it get to me.

I was (and still am...*cough*) a huge Pokémon nerd in school, but now that I'm older I honestly don't give a rat's *** what people think of it anymore. Heck, I have a plushie Pikachu backpack that I still use sometimes. My purse has at least ten Pokémon keyrings attached to it and my bed is covered in Pokémon plushies. I even wanted to paint Pokémon characters on my bedroom walls at one point, and I'm not ashamed to admit any of it because it was what made me happy. Still does, too, and if it makes me a nerd, then so be it! *salutes*

Yoko-Chan
May 18th, 2006, 01:55 AM
yeah, my friends can be REALLY annoying sometimes -__-'
my brother too, but he's just an idiot though XD

Charizard_guardian767
May 21st, 2006, 11:14 PM
Yeah I've been mocked countless times, people in my school hate pokemon and it seems like I'm the only one who likes it, which is why i decided to look for pokemon forums to meet and chat to people who liked it as much as i did, i went to pokemon dungeon first but the people there are a load of bull **** when i tried to give tips and advice, they just mocked me, so i decided to have a look at the next forum which is of course pokecommunity and everyone here is great and friendly to talk to

WEELES
May 22nd, 2006, 01:51 AM
Of course I've been mocked haha, but... I don't care. It doesn't bother me much, because some of my friends I know that they're just joking because they're anime fans as well. But others, pshh... They piss me off >=| haha

katiekitten
June 6th, 2006, 02:24 PM
People used to make fun of me, but as I truly don't care, they have stopped. Unfortunately, even though I have lived in this country my entire life minus the year that I was born, every school I go to I am mocked for having an accent from a different country. The WHOLE school does it. And for some odd reason, every one knows my sister and I.
>.>
<.<
O.O
XD

It is really odd, people I have never even SEEN before make fun of us. I am so used to it that I just ignore it, but it never stops me marvelling at the sheer number... You'd think they would have better things to do. XD

Metaforte
June 6th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Don't need to worry about it. I don't show my admiration of pokemon out in the public

mew2_v1
June 7th, 2006, 11:16 AM
One of my friends called me 'PokeAddict' and all of my students laughed cause i'm the only student who likes pokemon.:(

Orophin
June 7th, 2006, 11:25 AM
None of my friends know either, but at my age, you can't like pokemon without being mocked in some way.

MUSION
June 7th, 2006, 11:43 AM
If I find that someone in school or whatever that likes pokemon, I tell them I do and their the only people outside of home that know that I do. No matter how close a friend is, if I know they'll bug me about it I don't tell them. Because of this, I've never been mocked for it. Personally though I don't give a hoot about what other people think anyway, but I'd rather save myself some hassle.

I don't let anybody outside of home know about the crushes I have on many girls from pokemon though. Telling them that would be too risky. Funnily enough though, my mum knows!

chaotic_umbreon
June 7th, 2006, 11:48 AM
My ex girlfreind dumped me because i like pokemon....

Green Bulbasaur
June 7th, 2006, 01:00 PM
No. Everyone who knows I play Pokemon don't care because they have gone through the addiction before.

Dr_random
June 7th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Of course I've been mocked. and all the time the same sentance.
pokemon is for 3 year olds, you gay freak. you must be the only one over three who likes poke-gay-mon
but I know all of you are at least 7

miyo
June 17th, 2006, 06:25 AM
A friend of mine happened to see me buy pokemon TCG booster packs and she immediately 'snatched' it and showed it to my other friends who were there at the shop before I could pay. It was some form of indirect mocking, and I got pretty pissed.

But ack it, I don't deny my love and passion for pokemon.. I just don't like others mocking pokemon. It makes me a rather angry girl I must say......

miyo
June 17th, 2006, 06:28 AM
My ex girlfreind dumped me because i like pokemon....

I'm sorry to say this, but your girlfriend's kinda childish. Pardon my criticism of her though ><;;

Aether
July 1st, 2006, 09:30 PM
Everybody in my school thinks pokemon is for kids.They think its stupid(i have to hide my old pikachu plushie when a friend comes over) But here we are in a nice safe sanctuary were we can interact with each other and talk about pokemon all we want without being criticized. I really feel at home here.

johnlai007
July 2nd, 2006, 04:28 AM
Everyone I know thinks that pokemon is for little kids, that's cause the anime. The manga ain't kiddie.

PrimeCupEevee
July 2nd, 2006, 04:50 AM
I am one of the smartest students in my school (Overall GPA is 101.432) and anybody who knows me knows my passion for Pokémon. Nobody seems to mind except for some idiots.

Funny story about that really...In Physics class my passion is known because I make Mew noises when we did 'myuu' (the coefficient of friction)

Anyway, several months later the teacher is drawing some sphere and one of the cheerleader girls calls it a Voltorb, and looks back at me, impressed with herself. Go figure.

Kalylia
July 2nd, 2006, 07:30 AM
You bet. Then again, I'm a Senior in High School, and anime in general is looked down on either because of the whole "hentai" thing or because people are like "it's a freaking cartoon!"

Thus, I keep it quiet and talk about it with a few close friends and fellow nerds.

(And, PrimeCupEeve, I don't know where you go to school, but GPA doesn't go over 5, ever. And most of the time, it's just 4. Schools with a GPA possibility of 5 are bigger schools with more course offerings.)

Blaze Dragon
July 2nd, 2006, 09:06 AM
The only person that mocks me for being a Pokemon fan is the ONLY person in my school (apart from me) that has Pokemon Emerald and still plays it!

Linoone
July 2nd, 2006, 09:17 AM
a surpisingly small number of people, like 3% of the ppl I know o.o*faints*

jasonresno
July 2nd, 2006, 10:03 AM
I don't really bring it up to friends. I mean a few probably know I play the games, but that's about it. They probably wouldn't care.