PDA

View Full Version : Shiharu's Pixel Art

Signomi
April 29th, 2006, 01:57 PM
I find it rather ironic how I seem to be posting most of my pixel works in my art thread rather than showcase them in a subforum where it actually supports it. =\

So I thought I'd go ahead and make a thread.

NOTE: Please do not use any of these without my consent. If you wish to use any of these for any reason, then please PM me or post in this thread for my permission.

---

http://i3.tinypic.com/wrnfci.gif

Chikorita :D

I done this in December out of some boredom. Nothing much more.

http://i3.tinypic.com/ws8gvm.gif

A custom made sprite, I think I've used the palette out of a Delcatty sprite. But meh. Another thing I did when I was bored.

http://i3.tinypic.com/ws8km1.gif

A...Manafi? >.o Did this when everyone was squabbling over it's release. Still think it needs a bit more retouching, though. Especially on the ears.

http://i3.tinypic.com/ws8htf.gif

Done this around either December or January ... anyway; yes, I /still/ haven't given this little guy a desirable name yet. o_O

http://i1.tinypic.com/noyiro.png
This was done quite a while back, some time in February. It's zoomed in, as you see.

Ofcourse it's the main star of my current theme,
she was originally a character design for a story I was planning to type up,
but instead I thought she'd make a good change from my regular
anime-based themes.

http://i3.tinypic.com/ws8mxh.gif

A custom done Hinata head. o_O Don't ask me why exactly I did this.

http://i1.tinypic.com/v5l2jq.gif
This was originally a request from someone at Gaia, except it wasn't exactly full bodied. Yes, I know where most of the faults. The laziness in shading amongst certain areas (especially the boot) I'll get round to fixing them up when I can actually be bothered. :|

http://i3.tinypic.com/w6yrmc.gif

My Pixel Art contest entry. As I've stated before, it's derived out of my staring at a dog for about 10 minutes. The expression on it's face was exactly that. Though I made it more plushie like out of boredom.

http://i3.tinypic.com/ws1wea.gif

The girl is originally what I pixellised for my avatar on Gaia. But then earlier I got a little bored and decided to decorate it a bit more.

---

Comment perhaps? :|

Diddy Kong
April 29th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Well, I've already posted in your Art Gallery thread. But, I'll post again! X3

All of your work is good, I think the dog is one of your bests. Keep up the great work! ^_^

~G-Man (TPH)

Fox♠
April 29th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Why on earth wasn't I shown the monochrome thing earlier? ;_;

As always, lovely work, cept for the Mana..thing, as it does no justice to your booming reputation, I love the dog though, as you know.

Kurosaki Ichigo
April 29th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Heh, awesome work as always sis, btw don't you need to include me in the family bit?, maybe you should try doing some FF stuff like Yuna or Cloud ^_~

DarkPegasus
April 29th, 2006, 03:09 PM
*drooling sounds* Beautiful, simply beautiful... I shall feast my eyes on this for an hour now...

Signomi
April 29th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Well, I've already posted in your Art Gallery thread. But, I'll post again! X3

All of your work is good, I think the dog is one of your bests. Keep up the great work! ^_^

~G-Man (TPH)

Meh, really got to stop posting my pixel works in my art thread. o.o

And thanks :D

Why on earth wasn't I shown the monochrome thing earlier? ;_;

As always, lovely work, cept for the Mana..thing, as it does no justice to your booming reputation, I love the dog though, as you know.

Well I pointed it out to you when I had it there for a little while, so you WERE shown it. D:

Uh, thanks ... though what's a matter with the Manafi? D:

Heh, awesome work as always sis, btw don't you need to include me in the family bit?, maybe you should try doing some FF stuff like Yuna or Cloud ^_~

I'd respond to that but I'd be going offtopic...

I normally Pixel Art whenever I feel motivated, depending on what I may be doing. So I may get round to doing something like then when I actually feel like it. =\

*drooling sounds* Beautiful, simply beautiful... I shall feast my eyes on this for an hour now...

Heh. Glad to know you like. :D

And I'll perhaps post more when I find all of them...

dude256
April 29th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Very nice work; you were able to keep your images clean and clear at such a large resolution. I particularly like the 2nd from the top sprite (the kitty-ish one) and the last 'sprite' with the waterfall and chick. Lovely designs, and very well made. Its good to see your custom sprites finally ^_^.

Esupio
April 29th, 2006, 11:48 PM
DISEMBODIED HEADS WHAT NEX*Shot*
You have too much time on your hands. or your obbsessive about Pixel Art.
We wanna see the tree you made!
Do a squirrel in the tree for the sake of arguement.

dude256
April 30th, 2006, 05:05 AM
=*( poor doggie, looks so sad... Nicely done, I love the eye detail. That tail looks like a weapon, so sharp and pointy >_<.

Jasmine's #1 fan
May 1st, 2006, 05:08 PM
These are incredible pieces of art. They are some of the bests I have ever seen i hope you update soon with new pieces. Once again these are great.

Haunter Master
May 1st, 2006, 05:23 PM
i love all of your work Signomi
but i wouldnt buy that dog plushie for my kids, it would make them cry

Lokhlan
May 1st, 2006, 10:42 PM
I just love your pixel art style Sig. While all of your above pixel art looks brilliant, my favorite is:

http://i3.tinypic.com/ws1wea.gif
So much detail. *drools*

The only negative/suggestion comment I could think of? The pixel art puppy you did, it's tail looks like it could cut someone in half. O.O *shivers*

Kaeru_ike
May 2nd, 2006, 04:36 AM
AMAZINGLY AMAZINGLIKE AMAZIIIIING!!!!!!!!!!!
You're soooo good at pixelart! Could you tell how much time the pixelarts took you?

Valdorath
May 2nd, 2006, 06:03 AM
Why didn't god choose me to have this skill

Forest Grovyle
May 2nd, 2006, 08:42 AM
Valdorath, please try and elaborate on your comments; say what you like about the art, what needs improving etc. You can check the Critiquing Guide in the main Art Gallery for more info (it works the same way for pixel art). Leaving comments which don't say anything about the work itself can be considered spam.

--FG

Kurosaki Ichigo
May 2nd, 2006, 09:34 AM
Quite true, Please don't do it, oh i love to backseat Mod ^_~, anywho i'll do this all over, i simply adore your work Sis, you probably are the best at Pixelart, and i'm glad that your do such excellent work ^_^.

Signomi
May 2nd, 2006, 10:06 AM
I'm not the best at Pixel Art, really. Anyone can do this kind of stuff if they put their mind to it.

And guys, helpful comments would be useful. Comments that describe what exactly you like about the work would help, I'm even open to criticism if it may.

Most of these took atleast an hour or more to do, I can't say an absolute amount. Others less, mainly the smaller designs.

And the dog's tail merely resembles the position it was of the dog I was observing, at the time of doing it. It seems quite flat and sharp I admit, but I more or less aimed for that precise point from what I observed.

Allstories
May 2nd, 2006, 10:55 AM
It seems like you really have an excellent knack for drawing. Your lineart is superb and you would appear to have a great handle on your coloring. I think your next step should be to sharpen your shading-style skills. I think it would be nice to see some handmade anti-aliasing with some of your pieces, as it would probably go especially well alongside your cel-shaded art style. It would likely be better-suited than dithering, I think, which can tend to give it sort of a grainy effect, which sort of counteracts what I think you're trying to do with it.

Haunter Master
May 2nd, 2006, 08:23 PM
I'm not the best at Pixel Art, really. Anyone can do this kind of stuff if they put their mind to it.

And guys, helpful comments would be useful. Comments that describe what exactly you like about the work would help, I'm even open to criticism if it may.

Most of these took atleast an hour or more to do, I can't say an absolute amount. Others less, mainly the smaller designs.

And the dog's tail merely resembles the position it was of the dog I was observing, at the time of doing it. It seems quite flat and sharp I admit, but I more or less aimed for that precise point from what I observed.
You might not be the best but you are the best I've ever seen.

_Manafi_
May 3rd, 2006, 11:30 PM
i cant see them they dont lode i get red x's

i wanna see them :(

Signomi
May 4th, 2006, 08:47 AM
And it is apparent, Esupio, that all posts must focus on the work ONLY. Do not go offtopic.

@Aquilamon: Try copying the image URLs into your address bar.

Shijuukara
May 7th, 2006, 06:49 PM
I can't find any problems that stick out on your work, it's really nice though. One the "Delcatty" sprite, it looks to me as though the eye is maybe too small? Well, then again, I'm jsut saying what I think.

D.Sephiroth
May 8th, 2006, 04:54 AM
OMG 0.0

those are so beautifull, i wish i could do that.
i love them :D

could you make a tut on the shading? :P i shade like crap.

xxTemari
May 10th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Signomi,I love your work!I really love the dog plushie pixel art you did,and I also love the Gaia pixel art you did.^^

~Vannah~
May 10th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Wow Signomi your pixal art is outragously good! I try sometimes but I need tips on it though...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!

mistywishmaker
May 13th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Oh, WOW! These are amazing pixel artworks! The detail is so fine, and everything is proportionately portrayed =O I love the Hinata head and the doggie; very cute :)

Sleepless Shadows
May 13th, 2006, 10:49 PM
There really cute i like the dog but maybe they would look better with a background for some of them,
Just a thought.

Signomi
May 13th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Sorry, but I'm not allowed to do any requests from this thread as it goes against the Pixel Art rules.

Also, please go indepth with your comenting, say what you like about the work and perhaps what you may dislike aswell. A simple one lined sentence for a comment is classified as spam here.

Olan14
May 14th, 2006, 04:01 PM
WOW! You are like the greatest Pixel Artist i know!(I never knew Pixel Artist was a word)Youre shading is sorta odd to me. :\

dark_fire15
May 15th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Nice Signomi. Those are quite good. I like them. So you play gaia?I did but I joined to roleplay and nobody roleplayed. So yeah. I love your pixel art! WIsh I could be that good. I'm trying though! Maybe soon I'll be as good as you and we can be rivals! THAT'D BE AWESOME!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
May 15th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Wasn't this in your Art Gallery thread. Anyways they are great as usual. i love the dog

:t094:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Mateo
May 19th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Your pixel art is amazing. The only one that I can notice any problems on is the girl in the Chinese dress, the shading is off on the leg and boot, and possibly the lower part of the dress as well but in general it is amazing work. In fact, it is your pixel art that makes me aspire to try my hand at Pixel Art, not simply spriting. Keep up the awesome work!

Desgardes
May 20th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Since Im such a fan of your work, and hope we can chat sometime, =D
I made you this:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j161/Foreverdes/ShiharuBW.gif

Hope you like it!

Hantsuki
May 20th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Wow, those are awesome pixel arts. I've always been a fan of your pixel arts and this shows why. I really love the last one you posted that you used on Gaia. It looks very detailed and the rest are just equally as good. My favorite one is the girl and the kitty though, it's kawaii <3 Keep up the great work!

Signomi
May 20th, 2006, 11:41 PM
Well, thanks for all the comments guys, and Desgardes, thanks for the fanart. It looks quite adorable. :3

Well, I suppose I'll show this aswell:

http://i4.tinypic.com/107vxac.gif

Hat off, hat on. Basically same people with different facial appearance. I'm still a little irked about the shading, so I'll be editing this a bit more. But I'd appreciate some comments aswell.

DarkGreg
May 21st, 2006, 12:27 AM
There're cool but I dunno what but for some reason my eyes think they look kinda different than the rest of your arts

Hantsuki
May 21st, 2006, 12:34 AM
I really don't see any problem with the shading in your newest ones, but I guess it's something that only a professional spriter can spot XP Anyway, they both look really good ^___^ I like the second one the most, mostly because of the expression on her face X3

Allstories
May 21st, 2006, 04:47 AM
I think maybe you're using a few too many colors for the highlights on the hair. Or at the very least you may need to just make the transition of colors smoother and more apparent. As I suggested with your other work, try adding some anti-aliasing. I think it would do a great job at enhancing your shading style. Also, I think the eyes are the last place you'd want to try dithering, as it would appear to be a shading technique better suited to maybe the hat (or heck, anywhere else you want, just not the eyes), and it seems like you even started to. Lastly, there are a few places where the lineart is kind of jagged-looking and unrefined, mostly around the hat and in the hair, but that's a minor criticism. Other than all that, it looks pretty great. You're lineart skills are definitely superior. NICE JOB.

Leo Dimshine
May 23rd, 2006, 10:44 AM
There're cool but I dunno what but for some reason my eyes think they look kinda different than the rest of your arts

^_- I agree with Conor. The eyes do look a bit different from the rest of your art. Anyways, they're beautiful! :P

DragonHeart
May 24th, 2006, 06:20 PM
*bows to you*

You seem to have a great artistic talent; I'm particularly stunned by the amount of detail and the shading. I also admire the fact that you can draw flawless, natural-looking folds in clothes... something that, try as I might, I cannot do. Another thing that I like about your art is that you can capture emotion in the pose and expression of each piece.

You are fantastic! Keep it up!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
May 27th, 2006, 09:18 AM
She looks great with the hat and without it as well. I really like the blends and colors and all of that other stuff. Its really great that you are doing this. About how long did it take you to do it though.

:t094:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Himawarii
May 27th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Well, thanks for all the comments guys, and Desgardes, thanks for the fanart. It looks quite adorable. :3

Well, I suppose I'll show this aswell:

http://i4.tinypic.com/107vxac.gif

Hat off, hat on. Basically same people with different facial appearance. I'm still a little irked about the shading, so I'll be editing this a bit more. But I'd appreciate some comments aswell.

Is it me,or does she look like Blue without a hat on? O_o
Either way,nice work Shiharu X33 The shading looks prefect and the expressions are lively =) keep it up ;3

Saku
September 30th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Wow I just go here and I already like your sprites! Good Job!

~♥P_P♥~

Signomi
September 30th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Thanks, but just so you know...you're not allowed to post in threads that are over a month old, it's against the rules. ^_^;

~Closed