PDA

View Full Version : +//May Daily Chit-Chat\\+

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Lily
May 6th, 2006, 05:33 PM
'Note that the above doesn't portray my opinions/facts, but just to prove a point.'

Dawg 2005
May 6th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Yes I saw that, but how is that supposed to prove a point? o.o;

Ryoutarou
May 6th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Yes I saw that, but how is that supposed to prove a point? o.o;
That a forum can be seen as bad from it's outward appearances.

Lily
May 6th, 2006, 05:37 PM
SPPf is not a good forum at all. One guy was modded the day he joined because he was Serebii's friend. I don't feel like ranting about SPPf. XD

Because that offended me. Why else? Wouldn't you refute anyone who spoke offensively of PC? I understand, though, as such issues shouldn't be brought up since it has nothing to do with PC, so let's move on.

Chairman Kaga
May 6th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Dawg, PC is not a good forum at all. People are modded within a month and there are too many rumors with the staff. I don't feel like ranting about PC.

Note that the above doesn't portray my opinions/facts, but just to prove a point.

Chair-sama, no, I'm not depressed. Maybe a bit annoyed? Sorry for any misunderstandings. I called it a fetish since there were no other explanations I could find...oh, well~

You speak of rapid moddings as if they are a common occurrence, but, in reality, they have happened only a handful of times. Would you not say that Dark Charaxes and yourself were very capable people at the time of your moddings? Of course you will deny it of yourself, but our judgement is generally sound.

Note that, as you noted that the above statements are not your opinions, that I am not countering you, merely the mentioned statement. Also note that I apologize if I have annoyed you, as you usually take my playful teasing with good humor, and I always have the least malicious intentions when I go on with you; everything is done in the Lord Henry/Lady Alice spirit of old.

Dawg 2005
May 6th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Because that offended me. Why else? Wouldn't you refute anyone who spoke offensively of PC? I understand, though, as such issues shouldn't be brought up since it has nothing to do with PC, so let's move on.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize I've offended you. .__.;

Lily
May 6th, 2006, 05:48 PM
No apologies needed (dawg/ck). I was being a bit moody and couldn't suppress being a bit belligerent, so this is my fault entirely.

Let's move on. ^__^sfafonhasfa/

Ryoutarou
May 6th, 2006, 05:50 PM
That is so gonna kill DCC for the night[/random]

There's nothing to do at here...it's raining outside and no one's home...and I'm finding that having the house to yourself is rather boring.

Dawg 2005
May 6th, 2006, 05:50 PM
No apologies needed (dawg/ck). I was being a bit moody and couldn't suppress being a bit belligerent, so this is my fault entirely.

Let's move on. ^__^sfafonhasfa/
I feel as if this was partially my fault...let's go dutch? XD

I think that'd be best. XD

I'll be right back (about 2-10 minutes XD).

Jack O'Neill
May 6th, 2006, 05:53 PM
And yet the DCC still lives on, even briefly. XP

aragornbird
May 6th, 2006, 05:54 PM
~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Yes, without classes there is nothing to do here either except stay in the dorm. Most of the other residents have gone home for the weekend. I’m thinking of moving back home too, but I don’t want to. It’s my last week at this college and I’ll be transferring next semester, so I’ll miss all my friends. =(

Chairman Kaga
May 6th, 2006, 05:54 PM
I know what the boredom's like tonight, Jorfe. There's so much of nothing to do that I'm actually going to get off for half an hour just to watch Bobobo....so you and Lily and everyone else had better be in here when I get back XD

Ryoutarou
May 6th, 2006, 06:02 PM
I know what the boredom's like tonight, Jorfe. There's so much of nothing to do that I'm actually going to get off for half an hour just to watch Bobobo....so you and Lily and everyone else had better be in here when I get back XD
I spent the day uploading 50ish episodes of different shows for people...that's how bored I was. So go watch Bobobo and I'll eventually go watch something on TV...eventually.

Dawg 2005
May 6th, 2006, 06:04 PM

There's nothing to do at here...it's raining outside and no one's home...and I'm finding that having the house to yourself is rather boring.
It's awesomely cool when it's raining. Especially when playing CoD2, it's pure pwnage. XD

Plus I sleep better, but my dog gets scared and licks and/or sniffs my face. XD

Lily
May 6th, 2006, 06:06 PM
I'm watching Bobobo and it put me at a very, very awkward mood. (Bald men flying up in the air...?) o_o I'm glad the TV is right next to my computer.

aragornbird
May 6th, 2006, 06:08 PM

I wouldn’t even think of watching an anime like Bobobo. Doesn't seem like my style.

Also, 2000th post, yes.

MegaDitto
May 6th, 2006, 06:08 PM
The weekend is rather boring for me also. I missed a chance to see MI 3. ;-;

Ryoutarou
May 6th, 2006, 06:10 PM
I'm watching Bobobo and it put me at a very, very awkward mood. (Bald men flying up in the air...?) o_o I'm glad the TV is right next to my computer. It's one of those shows that doesn't translate well into English no matter what you do.

...my TV's in the other room. Gotta get around to fixing that. <_<

Jack O'Neill
May 6th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Bo-bobo is Batou and Daisuke Jigen. Beauty is Mimi Tachikawa. Don Patch is Jin and Hideo Kuze. Jelly Jiggler is Martin Zigmarl. Milly Thompson, Nicholas D. Wolfwood, and Takato Matsuki have bit parts.

Naminé
May 6th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Naminé hardly watches the TV, as her family obeys an unwritten constituition that parents get the TV if Naminé is to conquer the family computer. The computer is in its own room far away from the TV, so she'll never get to watch TV and post here in PC at the same time.

It's hard to believe for Naminé that all the seemingly occupied busy people here are all crying for the end of boredom so easily. Why isn't it a blessing that one can go through the joy of boredom? Instead of having nothing to do, there could be much worse, such as having to do something tedious that no one wants to do. So, be grateful of what is present, and give thanks for what the holy heavens award~

Naminé doesn't mind going around to look for something to do, but if she really can't find something new to do, why she would not dare to complain about boredom. Simply, turn back in time to think of some simpler forms of entertainment, such as daydreaming about remembering a dream~

Coffee... heh.

Dawg 2005
May 6th, 2006, 06:19 PM

I wouldn’t even think of watching an anime like Bobobo. Doesn't seem like my style.

Also, 2000th post, yes.

Don't watch it. XD It's the most pointless show of all time that doesn't make any sense what so ever. And congrats. XD

Ryoutarou
May 6th, 2006, 06:20 PM
It's hard to believe for Naminé that all the seemingly occupied busy people here are all crying for the end of boredom so easily. Why isn't it a blessing that one can go through the joy of boredom? Instead of having nothing to do, there could be much worse, such as having to do something tedious that no one wants to do. So, be grateful of what is present, and give thanks for what the holy heavens award~ Probably because the things most of us have to do aren't really want we want to do. But if I was bored enough...which I'm not, I'm just complaining for the sake of conversation, then I'd probably pick work or something over just having nothing to do.

aragornbird
May 6th, 2006, 06:23 PM

I actually like sitting in front of the computer all day. I haven’t been doing that much with all the final projects we’ve had. It’s “boring”, but I actually have so many things to keep me preoccupied that I’m never truly “bored”.

Jack O'Neill
May 6th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Don't watch it. XD It's the most pointless show of all time that doesn't make any sense what so ever. And congrats. XD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absurdist_fiction

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo is supposed to be nonsensical.

Bo-bobo is Batou and Daisuke Jigen. Beauty is Mimi Tachikawa. Don Patch is Jin and Hideo Kuze. Jelly Jiggler is Martin Zigmarl. Gasser is Kazu Shioda. Milly Thompson, Nicholas D. Wolfwood, and Takato Matsuki have bit parts.

Dawg 2005
May 6th, 2006, 06:26 PM

Well I know that, but it's just too stupid. XD FLCL was actually good.

aragornbird
May 6th, 2006, 06:28 PM

Bo-bobo is Batou and Daisuke Jigen. Beauty is Mimi Tachikawa. Don Patch is Jin and Hideo Kuze. Jelly Jiggler is Martin Zigmarl. Gasser is Kazu Shioda. Milly Thompson, Nicholas D. Wolfwood, and Takato Matsuki have bit parts.

That’s the same thing you posted 10 minutes ago. O_o

I love absurdity and randomness. I believe that some things don’t have to make any sense to be good. But something about Bobobo says to me that I probably won’t enjoy it. Maybe it’s the animation.

Jack O'Neill
May 6th, 2006, 06:32 PM
FLCL kicks major arse. 8D

Haruko Haruhara is Fuu, Pacifica Casull, Robin Sena, and Cher Degre.

Naminé
May 6th, 2006, 06:33 PM

I believe that some things don’t have to make any sense to be good.

Naminé wonders what can she possibly say besides "mortified"...

Wonder how desensitized people can get by stuffing their minds with "pointless yet good" shows day after day? Naminé thinks that people are either too well off that they are not yet satisified with all that they got and result in boredom, not knowing how to enjoy all that they have, or, people are simply satisfied to know something without bother to think slightly harder why something is good or appealing. Most likely, the second is true. Mr. Aragornbird probably likes something in common between these "random senseless" things that make them so highly appealing to Mr. Aragornbird's eyes, yet he simply cannot, or did not bother, to pinpoint what these common factors are...

Dawg 2005
May 6th, 2006, 06:36 PM
FLCL kicks major arse. 8D

Haruko Haruhara is Fuu, Pacifica Casull, Robin Sena, and Cher Degre.
Fuu? Explain yourself. XD

I don't know what you're saying half the time, Jack. XD

Jack O'Neill
May 6th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Fuu? Explain yourself. XD

I don't know what you're saying half the time, Jack. XD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kari_Wahlgren

Chairman Kaga
May 6th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Being a fan of absurdist fiction myself, I see nothing wrong with enjoying something that isn't earth-shattering in its complexity, seriousness, intelligence, etc; it accomplishes nothing for one to speak against humor simply because it is not of a sophisticated nature; as long as something is not crass, a joke is a joke and it should not be a matter of pride that keeps one from laughing.

Boredom is not a sin, nor should one speak against another for experiencing it. That goes into the realm of the unacceptable, as one cannot control what options they have for activity and entertainment at any given moment in the day.

aragornbird
May 6th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Naminé wonders what can she possibly say besides "mortified"...

Wonder how desensitized people can get by stuffing their minds with "pointless yet good" shows day after day? Naminé thinks that people are either too well off that they are not yet satisified with all that they got and result in boredom, not knowing how to enjoy all that they have, or, people are simply satisfied to know something without bother to think slightly harder why something is good or appealing. Most likely, the second is true. Mr. Aragornbird probably likes something in common between these "random senseless" things that make them so highly appealing to Mr. Aragornbird's eyes, yet he simply cannot, or did not bother, to pinpoint what these common factors are...

I find your constant typing-in third person to be nonsensical either. There are plenty of reasons why random things can be good. By challenging what we think is right or logical, it breaks us away from the constraints of everyday life. It gives us something to laugh at if this randomness is so abrupt that defies our expectations. And if you look hard enough, you can infer hidden meanings though the creator probably didn’t intend them. You’ve apparently never seen the short cartoon called “Rejected” by Don Hertzfeld. It makes almost no sense at all, yet it is one of the many examples of randomness traversing the realm of comedy while still retaining a somewhat dark overtone that touches our psyche. And evidently, it won an Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film as well.

Jack O'Neill
May 6th, 2006, 06:54 PM

I find your constant typing-in third person to be nonsensical either.

It was...cute at first, but now it's just downright annoying. >O

Dawg 2005
May 6th, 2006, 06:55 PM
There's nothing wrong with pointless shows, but I like a little meaning! XD

FLCL had no real point and yet it's one of my favorite shows. o.o

EDIT: I agree, Jack. The third person thing was "cute" as some say, at first, but now it's just annoying. >.<

Naminé
May 6th, 2006, 06:56 PM

There are plenty of reasons why random things can be good. By challenging what we think is right or logical, it breaks us away from the constraints of everyday life. It gives us something to laugh at if this randomness is so abrupt that defies our expectations.

And Naminé thinks that Mr. Aragornbird has already done what she mentioned earlier by thinking about why he likes it. If this is what that show means to Mr. Aragornbird, then it's not mindless or random after all. The "randomness" created has an intention in mind from the creator, and how can something that is intended be mindless?

As for the third person posting, Naminé is pretty certain about the reasons why she sees this as a fitting posting style for herself. It is just like how Naminé cannot see a reason for Mr. Aragornbird's shows, while he sees a reason to watch his "pointless" shows that's really not so pointless. Likewise, though Mr. Aragornbird can't see a reason for third person posting, Naminé will gladly embrace it with a certain degree of reason and logic to it.

Ryoutarou
May 6th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Yes it does, FLCL isn't probably one of the deepest anime I have ever seen. I'm not kidding about that either.

Dawg 2005
As for the third person posting, Naminé is pretty certain about the reasons why she sees this as a fitting posting style for herself. It is just like how Naminé cannot see a reason for Mr. Aragornbird's shows, while he sees a reason to watch his "pointless" shows that's really not so pointless. Likewise, though Mr. Aragornbird can't see a reason for third person posting, Naminé will gladly embrace it with a certain degree of reason and logic to it.
What's the reason?

I feel like playing FPS. [/Random]

aragornbird
There's nothing wrong with pointless shows, but I like a little meaning! XD

Ah, but FLCL does have some meaning though the images it presents seem so random. Or at least we the viewers can impose meaning on the show. Like seeing how FLCL is a coming-of-age story of Naota or finding hidden references in each of the many episodes.

Which is another reason why randomness can be good. It forces us to search for meaning even if those meanings are not intended. And that search can trigger many inspiring discussions.

Lily
I think Nami-chan's third-person POV wonderfully clever, unique, and fit for such character as her, and that people should stop digressing on its annoyance, because DCC has already fared poorly with a similar previous discussion. ._.

Drifblim
May 6th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Well, if the rules at the start of the thread say 'no spam', then that pretty much goes against the entire point of the thread. If I were to just type what was in my heart, it'd be a mindless array of characters, marks, and dingbats that ultimately form a matrix that does not have anything tangile to say for itself. Crystal Walrein has spoken.

Jack O'Neill
May 6th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Yes it does, FLCL isn't probably one of the deepest anime I have ever seen. I'm not kidding about that either.
Seconded. FLCL is indeed a deep anime.

Dawg 2005
May 6th, 2006, 07:03 PM

Ah, but FLCL does have some meaning though the images it presents seem so random. Or at least we the viewers can impose meaning on the show. Like seeing how FLCL is a coming-of-age story of Naota or finding hidden references in each of the many episodes.

Which is another reason why randomness can be good. It forces us to search for meaning even if those meanings are not intended. And that search can trigger many inspiring discussions.

I could never find the real point. XD;

Jack O'Neill
May 6th, 2006, 07:04 PM
I think Nami-chan's third-person POV wonderfully clever, unique, and fit for such character as her, and that people should stop digressing on its annoyance, because DCC has already fared poorly with a similar previous discussion. ._.
What you call "wonderfully clever, unique, and fit," I call unoriginal, ordinary, and unnatural.

aragornbird
May 6th, 2006, 07:06 PM
And Naminé thinks that Mr. Aragornbird has already done what she mentioned earlier by thinking about why he likes it. If this is what that show means to Mr. Aragornbird, then it's not mindless or random after all. The "randomness" created has an intention in mind from the creator, and how can something that is intended be mindless?

Ah, but not once have I mentioned the word “mindless” in my posts. Obviously, one would have to have a mind in order to recognize that two objects or concepts do not normally belong together. Perhaps a better word instead of “random” would be “improbable” since many of the works shown in that wikipedia article have constant incidents of occurances that should not happen within a set law of physics, yet still do anyways.

Lily
May 6th, 2006, 07:06 PM
What you call "wonderfully clever, unique, and fit," I call unoriginal, ordinary, and unnatural.

Yes, Jack. I know you don't like it from constant reminders. No need to keep going at it, as those words were purely my opinion.

aragornbird
May 6th, 2006, 07:08 PM

Apparently, you haven’t taken enough advanced English classes where every essay you write has to be about finding the meaning in a piece of literature. XD

Dawg 2005
May 6th, 2006, 07:08 PM
I couldn't agree with you more, Jack.

It was pretty nice and funny maybe, at first, but it's overdone now.

In other words, Namine. You killed it.

Chairman Kaga
May 6th, 2006, 07:09 PM
As I am getting off for the night, let me just say that if watching a television show with random elements from time to time makes me a lesser person, I wear my badge of inferiority with pride. Criticism over something so trivial seems thoroughly useless and should not demand justification if it is harmless, which, (and my inferiority and foolishness may be blinding me to the truth), in my personal opinion, it most certainly is.

Lily
May 6th, 2006, 07:11 PM
You must love putting down her posting style; it's entirely her choice, not others. Learn to get over these trivial matters.

Ryoutarou
May 6th, 2006, 07:11 PM
Well first of all, to understand the series you really have to understand three forms of Japanese culture. The oldest culture, the pop culture and the anime culture, it makes so many references to other anime and shows that haven't aired in America that most people probably don't even understand. That's one of the main reasons why the show didn't make the transition between Japanese and English all that well, there's so many cultural jokes it's ridiculous. A lot are very untranslatable and don't have an American counterpart.

It's also got a great amount of imagery that the American target audience didn't understand. Same with the music, it all plays a large role in understanding what the main point of the series was. Which in the end was "Don't limit yourself to the possibilities of reality, the world is what you make of it.".

And guys, cut it out with putting down Naminé.

Dawg 2005
May 6th, 2006, 07:14 PM

Apparently, you haven’t taken enough advanced English classes where every essay you write has to be about finding the meaning in a piece of literature. XD

Hey...Shut up. XD I'm only in seventh grade, so that's my poor excuse. XD

aragornbird
May 6th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Which in the end was "Don't limit yourself to the possibilities of reality, the world is what you make of it.".

Couldn’t agree more. I forgot that FLCL is filled with Japanese cultural references that Western audiences, never having set foot in Japan, wouldn’t understand. Still, we can see such shows as being original and breaking the boundaries of what is traditional. And as I will put it bluntly, I <3 originality.

Namine’s posting style is indeed unusual and perhaps that’s what makes it so jarring to those of us who post the “traditional” way. But it’s her choice and no one can really do anything about it.

Also, see ya, Kaga!

Jack O'Neill
May 6th, 2006, 07:22 PM
The only references I caught were the "Tomino Hammer" remark in episode 1 and the Lupin III, John Woo, South Park, and Daicon IV spoofs in episode 5.

Ryoutarou
May 6th, 2006, 07:23 PM

Couldn’t agree more. I forgot that FLCL is filled with Japanese cultural references that Western audiences, never having set foot in Japan, wouldn’t understand. Still, we can see such shows as being original and breaking the boundaries of what is traditional. And as I will put it bluntly, I <3 originality.

I was probably only 11 or so when I saw the show for the first time, and I honestly thought it was just a stupid show. But eventually when I started to understand Japanese things more and dive into their culture more, the show really opens up and it ends up being a really deep and moving piece of work.

aragornbird
May 6th, 2006, 07:27 PM
I was probably only 11 or so when I saw the show for the first time, and I honestly thought it was just a stupid show. But eventually when I started to understand Japanese things more and dive into their culture more, the show really opens up and it ends up being a really deep and moving piece of work.

Hey that’s the same thing that happened to me when I first watched 2001: A Space Odessey in 7th grade. I thought it was terribly boring and didn’t finish it. But I rewatched it about a month ago, and wow, I actually liked it. It has compelled me to find meanings behind all the symbols in that movie and any movie that can do that is cool in my book.

Jack O'Neill
May 6th, 2006, 07:28 PM
I only saw FLCL last year, and I immediately found myself fascinated by it...even though I didn't know crap about Japanese culture the first time around. Took quite a bit of outside research to finally understand it...

Ryoutarou
May 6th, 2006, 07:28 PM
The only references I caught were the "Tomino Hammer" remark in episode 1 and the Lupin III, John Woo, South Park, and Daicon IV spoofs in episode 5.Off the top of my head, these are the references I can remember: The mouse boy that kept saying "Chu" which is both the sound of a kiss and the sound a mouse makes in Japanese, the spork joke was a reference to the fact that in Japanese spork can mean the utensil and it can also mean a woman's cleavage, the Daicon IV opening that popped up during the course of the show, the characters not really knowing what "FLCL" actually means, so they just go along with what they think it is, the director wanted a title like "Pocket Monsters" that could become a contraction as well.

Hey that’s the same thing that happened to me when I first watched 2001: A Space Odessey in 7th grade. I thought it was terribly boring and didn’t finish it. But I rewatched it about a month ago, and wow, I actually liked it. It has compelled me to find meanings behind all the symbols in that movie and any movie that can do that is cool in my book.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~ I think the first movie that made me want to find the deeper meaning in things is Akira. I didn't understand any of it when I first saw it, but I really wanted to, so I started reading up about different things and piecing things together to be able to see the big picture that was intended as the meaning of different shows and movies.

MegaDitto
May 6th, 2006, 07:31 PM
FLCL is one of those shows that change your view on it after a few episodes. It' one of those animes that aren't forgotten.(to me that is)

Jack O'Neill
May 6th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Off the top of my head, these are the references I can remember: The mouse boy that kept saying "Chu" which is both the sound of a kiss and the sound a mouse makes in Japanese, the spork joke was a reference to the fact that in Japanese spork can mean the utensil and it can also mean a woman's cleavage, the Daicon IV opening that popped up during the course of the show, the characters not really knowing what "FLCL" actually means, so they just go along with what they think it is, the director wanted a title like "Pocket Monsters" that could become a contraction as well.
The spork became widely known in Japan after World War II, as it was adopted alongside chopsticks for school lunches as a cost-cutting measure and as an alternative to buying separate forks and spoons; the spork was phased out in the late 1980s, however, as people complained that it introduced bad eating habits.

*sporks Jorfe for the heck of it* (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spork)

Naminé
May 6th, 2006, 07:37 PM
So many things to quote right after dinner for Naminé~

Well, if the rules at the start of the thread say 'no spam', then that pretty much goes against the entire point of the thread. If I were to just type what was in my heart, it'd be a mindless array of characters, marks, and dingbats that ultimately form a matrix that does not have anything tangile to say for itself. Crystal Walrein has spoken.

Naminé never truly admits the existance of "complete" freedom. It never will, and never should, exist. Seeing how Mr. Crystal Walrein can even type to this caliber, his arrays of characters and marks are not mindless, but more likely, too complicated for the rest of the world to be understood, and hence, labelled mindless although it really isn't. That is what Naminé thinks.

Ah, but not once have I mentioned the word “mindless” in my posts. Obviously, one would have to have a mind in order to recognize that two objects or concepts do not normally belong together. Perhaps a better word instead of “random” would be “improbable” since many of the works shown in that wikipedia article have constant incidents of occurances that should not happen within a set law of physics, yet still do anyways.

Improbable sounds immensely better than pointless. As for "mindless" why Naminé don't think that it means the lack or absense of a mind. Simply, it stands for "requiring little mental effort." Either way, Naminé doesn't see a point in "arguing" with Mr. Aragornbird when in reality, he and she are in complete agreement outside the choices of words they used.

Naminé haven't watched FLCL herself, as she is severely anime deprived. Though, if what Mr. Kazuhito said is true about all the necessary foreknowledge about the anime is required, then perhaps it's best for her not to watch it so she won't take a mislead negative impression of a great anime to heart then.

Dawg 2005
May 6th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Improbable sounds immensely better than pointless. As for "mindless" why Naminé don't think that it means the lack or absense of a mind. Simply, it stands for "requiring little mental effort." Either way, Naminé doesn't see a point in "arguing" with Mr. Aragornbird when in reality, he and she are in complete agreement outside the choices of words they used.

Naminé haven't watched FLCL herself, as she is severely anime deprived. Though, if what Mr. Kazuhito said is true about all the necessary foreknowledge about the anime is required, then perhaps it's best for her not to watch it so she won't take a mislead negative impression of a great anime to heart then.
That's what YouTube is for. XD

I'm going to bed, see you all later.

Ryoutarou
May 6th, 2006, 07:42 PM
*sporks Jorfe for the heck of it* (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spork)
How do you spork someone? Or is that something better left for another day?

"Night of the Chimera's Cry" is on...that episode still gets me even after seeing it so many times.

aragornbird
May 6th, 2006, 07:44 PM

Ah, but if you go into the anime with an open mindset, then there’s no way you can be disappointed. Mostly, I’m just saying this to get you to watch it since it really is a good anime. =D

Lily
May 6th, 2006, 07:44 PM
I'm watching the episode as well; it's terribly distressing. Only qualm I have is Nina's thick childish accent, but other than that..sad.

edit: I tried searching FLCL in youtube...no episodes. o_O; I really wanted to see it, as it received such sublime reviews~

Jack O'Neill
May 6th, 2006, 07:53 PM
How do you spork someone? Or is that something better left for another day?

"Night of the Chimera's Cry" is on...that episode still gets me even after seeing it so many times.
You grab a spork, and you poke/prod/stab the person with it. Simple as that. XD

*orders several marines to perform a 21-gun salute* Ed should have killed Tucker when he had the chance. I have a feeling he could've taken on Gran as well...

MegaDitto
May 6th, 2006, 07:55 PM
I'm watching the episode as well; it's terribly distressing. Only qualm I have is Nina's thick childish accent, but other than that..sad.

edit: I tried searching FLCL in youtube...no episodes. o_O; I really wanted to see it, as it received such sublime reviews~
*pats Lily*

Hopefully some epsiodes should be on Adult Swim soon if the decide to show it. Chances are mabye it will happen.

*stabs Jack with a fork for avatar theif*

Jack O'Neill
May 6th, 2006, 08:01 PM
If it's not being used at the moment, then it's fair game, Metto. XP *is fork'd*

Poor Nina. ;_____;

MegaDitto
May 6th, 2006, 08:03 PM
If it's not being used at the moment, then it's fair game, Metto. XP *is fork'd*

Poor Nina. ;_____;
You get doubled forked for the profile picture.XD

Have you watched a episode yet? *is watching Ureka7 at the monent*

Jack O'Neill
May 6th, 2006, 08:05 PM
*is double fork'd*

You'll have to get back to me on that, Metto. XP

MegaDitto
May 6th, 2006, 08:10 PM
What! ;; is shocked. It's such a great series. But the first episode may get you.

Ryoutarou
May 6th, 2006, 08:11 PM
It's anime okay series, I mainly like it for the music. o_o

MegaDitto
May 6th, 2006, 08:13 PM
It's anime okay series, I mainly like it for the music. o_o
Ending parodys on You Tube are scary. O_o; Though I liked the gundan one.

I'm addicted to the opening.

Anacortes
May 6th, 2006, 09:25 PM
My friend's addicted to YouTube.

Now I see just how big these DCC threads get.

But this one is even a little bit inactive so far, compared to the last few.

Munashii
May 6th, 2006, 11:04 PM
My friend's addicted to YouTube.

Now I see just how big these DCC threads get.

But this one is even a little bit inactive so far, compared to the last few.

You think THIS DCC thread is big? I think the Autumn Daily Chit-Chat for '05 was about 1000 pages long or somethin' like that...

I got over my Youtube addiction ages ago.

Serebii
May 6th, 2006, 11:23 PM
SPPf is not a good forum at all. One guy was modded the day he joined because he was Serebii's friend. I don't feel like ranting about SPPf. XD

And that makes the entire forum bad...one person who actually did a good job modding til he left got modded upon registering and that makes it crap

OMG PC had someone who was made admin when he created the forum...he didn't earn it, PC like totally sucks

Emma
May 7th, 2006, 01:24 AM
I don't really go on Youtube much XD I used to go on it all the time when I was on the computer, Now i'm starting to run out of good things to watch .__.;

Toadsworth
May 7th, 2006, 01:26 AM
!?!? Serebii? Are you really the owner of Serebii?

****?

Mr_Smilie:)
May 7th, 2006, 02:04 AM
hey so how is everyone this fine morning? (in the UK)
im feeling cold for no reason and bored

Toadsworth
May 7th, 2006, 02:10 AM
Lol its hot here(holland)

May 7th, 2006, 02:18 AM
its hot here (or its either me :) )
but im still cold
dam weather always trick me

Toadsworth
May 7th, 2006, 02:20 AM
Lol. Yesterday it was really hot here... 27 C or something.

May 7th, 2006, 02:25 AM
the other day it was like 200 C my best mate melted

LOL i know how to do that :P

Toadsworth
May 7th, 2006, 02:27 AM
Bwee... I don't know how to do it...

CAn you explain plz?

Drummershuff
May 7th, 2006, 02:40 AM

****?

Of course he's not..

He just liked the name Serebii, and thought he'd have the username. He also put "Owner of Serebii.net" in his signiture for the fun of it. :P

Toadsworth
May 7th, 2006, 02:45 AM
:) You are kidding don't ya?

May 7th, 2006, 02:46 AM
omg i am no longer bored i have found a way to blow up these toys i had which are now ripped apart but now im soaking wet.

BDG to do that you do [ s ] and [ / s ] at the beginging and the end of the sentence without the gap

Drummershuff
May 7th, 2006, 02:47 AM
:) You are kidding don't ya?

That sentence doesn't make sence.

Toadsworth
May 7th, 2006, 02:49 AM
sorry for my bad english but what a sentence?

-___-

Drifblim
May 7th, 2006, 03:35 AM

****?He is. And for once he has beaten us on the count, the old chap. Only due to the fact that such a method only turned out to be a fluke. Notwithstanding Psythor doing the same.

MegaDitto
May 7th, 2006, 05:21 AM
Look through his potst. You will find the answer for your self. But there are many clues right here showing the answer.XD

Serebii
May 7th, 2006, 05:40 AM
He is. And for once he has beaten us on the count, the old chap. Only due to the fact that such a method only turned out to be a fluke. Notwithstanding Psythor doing the same.
You've lost me. Whatcha talkin' bout o.o

Dawg 2005
May 7th, 2006, 05:51 AM
And that makes the entire forum bad...one person who actually did a good job modding til he left got modded upon registering and that makes it crap

OMG PC had someone who was made admin when he created the forum...he didn't earn it, PC like totally sucks
It was a small example. It's funny, I mention your site once, and you come in here. o.o

****?
Have you been living in a cave?

Toadsworth
May 7th, 2006, 05:53 AM
Ehm... No.. But in the garage yes, my brother locked it and I was in O.o

Oblivion Edgegirl Ayu
May 7th, 2006, 05:56 AM
Wow. It seems like I haven't posted in a chit-chat thread in ages...

Dawg 2005
May 7th, 2006, 05:59 AM
Wow. It seems like I haven't posted in a chit-chat thread in ages...
And didn't read the new rules? Contribute to the topic. >O XD

That's sad, BDG. In a garage? XDD

Toadsworth
May 7th, 2006, 06:11 AM
Yeah its sad, because after a half hour I was out again.. I even eated guinea pig meals because I was hungry. It isn't funny XD

Dawg 2005
May 7th, 2006, 06:20 AM
See now it's even more funny. XD

Eated isn't a word, either. XD

Toadsworth
May 7th, 2006, 06:25 AM
Ow srry..

But I can't do anything, I'm just BestDUTCHguy

Chairman Kaga
May 7th, 2006, 06:42 AM
It was a small example. It's funny, I mention your site once, and you come in here. o.o

It's what he does. Searches his name on PC, and if he finds it, he automatically goes to it, throws down some kindergarten insults regarding PC, and leaves as if he's actually defended his forum's "honor".

Snarl...I missed good discussion from last night.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
May 7th, 2006, 07:01 AM
It's what he does. Searches his name on PC, and if he finds it, he automatically goes to it, throws down some kindergarten insults regarding PC, and leaves as if he's actually defended his forum's "honor".

Snarl...I missed good discussion from last night.
o o;; That's what he does?
Well anyway, X3 Good evening DCC'ers.

Persona
May 7th, 2006, 07:31 AM

evening? it's morning here, i'm so tired.

i haven't gotten much sleep.. as usual. =/

Chairman Kaga
May 7th, 2006, 07:51 AM

Yeah, it happens all the time o_O; I'll see if I can find a couple of good examples (there was even a time in the Fall or Winter DCC where we typed his name at the end of each post in order to bait him in...probably one of my best PC memories XD)

Example incident one (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=56750&page=191)

Example incident two (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=20261&page=147)

Keep reading for pages and pages.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
May 7th, 2006, 08:09 AM
Yeah, it happens all the time o_O; I'll see if I can find a couple of good examples (there was even a time in the Fall or Winter DCC where we typed his name at the end of each post in order to bait him in...probably one of my best PC memories XD)

Example incident one (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=56750&page=191)

Example incident two (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=20261&page=147)

Keep reading for pages and pages.
XD I thought I only saw him at random places all over PC, but never around the DCC.
Oh, you wouldn't happen to know the member Silent Tatsu, would you? X3

Chairman Kaga
May 7th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Silent Tattsu was my best friend at PC long ago before she left, actually o_o; I haven't seen her on MSN in almost half a year, but last I heard, she's doing very well. John (PK Hammer/blackhaert) and I tried to get her to come back to PC once or twice, but both times it only lasted a week or so. I still miss her terribly ..;

Lily
May 7th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Didn't you try to leave with her? I still remember that piece of text in your signature.

Chairman Kaga
May 7th, 2006, 08:24 AM
Didn't you try to leave with her? I still remember that piece of text in your signature.

And I did successfully, for seven months o_o; Basically, we were both so tired of the T-Dome and the you-know-who administration that we could no longer be a part of PC. I held out the second-longest, actually...the other two members of the PC Four were Gian and blackhaert, but Gian came back almost immediately and blackhaert after a couple of months.

My first post upon returning...I can't believe how much I've changed in a year o_O (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=39664)

Supreme Edgeboy Max
May 7th, 2006, 08:31 AM
And I did successfully, for seven months o_o; Basically, we were both so tired of the T-Dome and the you-know-who administration that we could no longer be a part of PC. I held out the second-longest, actually...the other two members of the PC Four were Gian and blackhaert, but Gian came back almost immediately and blackhaert after a couple of months.

My first post upon returning...I can't believe how much I've changed in a year o_O (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=39664)
|screams| Gian too? O O; I'm a gonna have a nice read tonight. X3

Lily
May 7th, 2006, 08:32 AM
Hm..I didn't post in that thread, although I remember it clearly. ;;! I'll say it now: WB KAGA (belated...very, very belated.). XD

What amazes me, though, is the amount of smilies/exclamation marks you posted in that thread. (I counted approximately 26 smilies!~ ^^)

Drummershuff
May 7th, 2006, 08:36 AM
sorry for my bad english but what a sentence?

-___-

It's a line of words, so to speak.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
May 7th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Hm..I didn't post in that thread, although I remember it clearly. ;;! I'll say it now: WB KAGA (belated...very, very belated.). XD

What amazes me, though, is the amount of smilies/exclamation marks you posted in that thread. (I counted approximately 26 smilies!~ ^^)
._. Belated? You can say that again. But wtf, welcome back Kaga! X3

Chairman Kaga
May 7th, 2006, 08:53 AM
|screams| Gian too? O O; I'm a gonna have a nice read tonight. X3

He didn't really care, though, I could see it when we were planning the leaving protest (which was unfairly locked almost immediately =/ )

OMYAY! Thanks Lily~! ^_^;;;;;;

That's pretty much what I would have said if this was one year ago. I'm rather ashamed of my smiley-ridden past. I still use emoticons, but I almost never use ^_^, =D, : D, ^^, etc. Dare I say I've matured beyond those?

Ah, wait...erm...I'm speaking to PC's most avid smiley user, aren't I? Allow me to elaborate. My gender prohibits me from such expressions of emotion because they are too bubbly to be acceptable. You, however, can use them and seem perfectly mature >P

._. Belated? You can say that again. But wtf, welcome back Kaga! X3

Thanx Supreme Edgeboy Max ^______^; I remember you from the time before I left, you were in the Misty club so you're awesome XDD

*also in CK circa May 25, 2005 style

MegaFuz
May 7th, 2006, 09:01 AM
Huh...never knew you left for a period of time, Kaga. I skimmed over that thread and it sounds very similar to the situation I was in. I got pretty frustrated with PC as well and I left in early January. My leave only lasted about 3 months until I decided to come back and see how things were doing. I think we all get frustrated to a point with change, and sometimes it's best to take a break from things.

Lily
May 7th, 2006, 09:04 AM
You should at least try out :D, Chair-sama; it makes you sound sooooo cute and positively adorable! (And that, in modern day terms, means you're .. um .. positively masculine :D). ♥

Take Max for instance. His 'X3' makes me want to squish him in a puddle of chocolate goo~ >P

It seems to me it's far easier impersonating a girl rather than a guy. No pretty smilies, no *giggles*, no '~,' no pink font...;;

ck smilie count: 9.

Chairman Kaga
May 7th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Huh...never knew you left for a period of time, Kaga. I skimmed over that thread and it sounds very similar to the situation I was in. I got pretty frustrated with PC as well and I left in early January. My leave only lasted about 3 months until I decided to come back and see how things were doing. I think we all get frustrated to a point with change, and sometimes it's best to take a break from things.

Funny thing is, I didn't even really want to come back when I did. I lost all my friends to graduation (it's my turn in 28 days <_<; ) so I was desperate for somewhere to go, even if it meant returning to a place that I had completely lost any desire to participate at. I was ready to debate, fight, etc; but PC turned out to be very peaceful, which was a very pleasant surprise o_o;

Interesting fact: When I returned last year, my post count was exactly 2,970. So look where I've been almost every minute since then...

You should at least try out :D, Chair-sama; it makes you sound sooooo cute and positively adorable! (And that, in modern day terms, means you're .. um .. positively masculine :D). ♥

Take Max for instance. His 'X3' makes me want to squish him in a puddle of chocolate goo~ >P

It seems to me it's far easier impersonating a girl rather than a guy. No pretty smilies, no *giggles*, no '~,' no pink font...;;

I find that hard to believe since you had to hesitate when trying to come up with the term "masculine" to describe something that obviously isn't. If, in real life, I were to punctuate my posts with inflections denoted by ♥, ~, etc; "milksop" would be an understatement in describing me. So I try to sound on PC as I do in real life: dull, factual, monotonic. You should try it, it works wonders when you want someone to take you seriously >P

X3 is not a smiley that I can bring myself to use; not only do I rarely find myself able to do it even when it accurately represents my emotion because I initially saw it as a butt before I saw it as a kitty face, but if I were to attempt to make that face in real life, I'm sure I would cause permanent damage to the various facial muscles and end up looking like someone who's suffered a severe stroke.

...why is Max converted to liquid chocolate when squished? Wouldn't he be something more along the lines of a bloody, mangled pulp, full of protruding bone shards and leaking various fluids?

It does seem the primary way to differentiate a woman from a man on the internet is the quantity of smilies which they use. It would seem much easier to imitate a man if you ask me; it's far easier to post when you don't have to spend the extra time deciding which smiley to use then inserting it in the proper place in your post.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
May 7th, 2006, 09:22 AM
He didn't really care, though, I could see it when we were planning the leaving protest (which was unfairly locked almost immediately =/ )

Thanx Supreme Edgeboy Max ^______^; I remember you from the time before I left, you were in the Misty club so you're awesome XDD

*also in CK circa May 25, 2005 style You can't have done that! XD Supreme Edgeboy Max was nonexistant when you left. Are you referring to me as LanceLite or PokeMaster3000 or something? o O;

X3 |sweatdrops| Wha'?

...why is Max converted to liquid chocolate when squished? Wouldn't he be something more along the lines of a bloody, mangled pulp, full of protruding bone shards and leaking various fluids? Ew, don't be gross. I'm a 100% chocolate human. ^ ~

Chairman Kaga
May 7th, 2006, 09:26 AM
You can't have done that! XD Supreme Edgeboy Max was nonexistant when you left. Are you referring to me as LanceLite or PokeMaster3000 or something? o O;

*also in CK circa May 25, 2005 style

Note that it's done in my former style, not as if it were actually May 25, 2005. There's a bit of a difference >P

But, if this were that date, I still would have remembered you and made the same Misty club comment and called you LanceLite or LanceLite and MaxMan or something like that XD

MegaFuz
May 7th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Funny thing is, I didn't even really want to come back when I did. I lost all my friends to graduation (it's my turn in 28 days <_<; ) so I was desperate for somewhere to go, even if it meant returning to a place that I had completely lost any desire to participate at. I was ready to debate, fight, etc; but PC turned out to be very peaceful, which was a very pleasant surprise o_o;

Interesting fact: When I returned last year, my post count was exactly 2,970. So look where I've been almost every minute since then...

When I returned I didn't know what to expect. When I left it seemed like the place was going downhill fast. It wouldn't have surprised me to see the place deserted. Although I was pleasantly surprised as well.

I graduate here in 33 days. I have mixed feelings about that. I've lived in the same town with relatively the same group of friends for 15 years now. High school seems so mundane and redundant now days. I'm ready to move on to something different and new, but at the same time I'm really sad to leave everything I know behind. I don't want to see my childhood come to an end. Are you looking forward to it??

Supreme Edgeboy Max
May 7th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Note that it's done in my former style, not as if it were actually May 25, 2005. There's a bit of a difference >P

But, if this were that date, I still would have remembered you and made the same Misty club comment and called you LanceLite or LanceLite and MaxMan or something like that XD Its like .. a tad bit n00bier. ^^; XP LanceLite actually. You've got a sharp memory. LanceLite and MaxMan is my last username, the one before Supreme Edgeboy.

Chairman Kaga
May 7th, 2006, 09:55 AM
When I returned I didn't know what to expect. When I left it seemed like the place was going downhill fast. It wouldn't have surprised me to see the place deserted. Although I was pleasantly surprised as well.

I graduate here in 33 days. I have mixed feelings about that. I've lived in the same town with relatively the same group of friends for 15 years now. High school seems so mundane and redundant now days. I'm ready to move on to something different and new, but at the same time I'm really sad to leave everything I know behind. I don't want to see my childhood come to an end. Are you looking forward to it??

When I left I actually expected it to increase greatly in size, as forums with less even rule of law can become very popular from that aspect x_x

I'd rather not see school end just yet, as, because of my limited college choices, I'm just going from one crappy school to another, and, on top of it all, I'm going to be even poorer than I am now because of it. I'd rather just stay in relative comfort here, wasting my life away between typing on the computer and watching television. I'm tired of school, but not tired enough that I'd give it all up for a complete change of life that has a high chance of ruining me.

Graduation's going to be miserable. All the teachers have already said that they're going to me happy when my class is gone, and, even so, because I'm salutatorian I'm likely going to have to make a speech thanking them for all their hard work and consideration. I don't think they deserve any thanks <_<;

Lily
May 7th, 2006, 09:59 AM
I find that hard to believe since you had to hesitate when trying to come up with the term "masculine" to describe something that obviously isn't. If, in real life, I were to punctuate my posts with inflections denoted by ♥, ~, etc; "milksop" would be an understatement in describing me. So I try to sound on PC as I do in real life: dull, factual, monotonic. You should try it, it works wonders when you want someone to take you seriously >P

X3 is not a smiley that I can bring myself to use; not only do I rarely find myself able to do it even when it accurately represents my emotion because I initially saw it as a butt before I saw it as a kitty face, but if I were to attempt to make that face in real life, I'm sure I would cause permanent damage to the various facial muscles and end up looking like someone who's suffered a severe stroke.

...why is Max converted to liquid chocolate when squished? Wouldn't he be something more along the lines of a bloody, mangled pulp, full of protruding bone shards and leaking various fluids?

It does seem the primary way to differentiate a woman from a man on the internet is the quantity of smilies which they use. It would seem much easier to imitate a man if you ask me; it's far easier to post when you don't have to spend the extra time deciding which smiley to use then inserting it in the proper place in your post.

*whacks Chair-sama* ew, ew, EWW. ;;! You never, ever, EVER quote me without disabling smilies! ;;!!!

And you don't want to sound dull over the internet! The internet, my friend, is one place where one can express oneself without one's boundaries in IRL. (Is one the only gender neutral pronoun? >>) Anything with a '3' is a kitty face; I thought that was common knowledge by now. >O For shame, Lady Alice. For shame. Max is converted to chocolate because I think we'll all agree chocolate is far more appetizing than blood. Isn't that right, Max? =D Even if I was a guy, I'd still use smilies. In this world, there are certain smilies that just fit in posts. For example, if you were to type in, "Hello~," it'd be habit for me to automatically insert a '^_^' next to it. You should regain your former self in all its glorious smilies. ♥

ck smiley count: 1 ._.

Anacortes
May 7th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Well; I'm glad I won't have to graduate for another .. five years.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
May 7th, 2006, 10:01 AM
I won't be graduating in a few years.. X3 I'm safe. Though, I'm off to bed now, bye ya'll.

And yes. Chocolate > Blood, any day.

MegaFuz
May 7th, 2006, 10:02 AM
When I left I actually expected it to increase greatly in size, as forums with less even rule of law can become very popular from that aspect x_x

I'd rather not see school end just yet, as, because of my limited college choices, I'm just going from one crappy school to another, and, on top of it all, I'm going to be even poorer than I am now because of it. I'd rather just stay in relative comfort here, wasting my life away between typing on the computer and watching television. I'm tired of school, but not tired enough that I'd give it all up for a complete change of life that has a high chance of ruining me.

Graduation's going to be miserable. All the teachers have already said that they're going to me happy when my class is gone, and, even so, because I'm salutatorian I'm likely going to have to make a speech thanking them for all their hard work and consideration. I don't think they deserve any thanks <_<;

College?! Expensive?! Nawww....XD

On the serious side...I still think that's freakin awesome that you're gonna be salutatorian. Not sure how that limits your choice of schools though. Didn't you get any academic scholarships for that?? And just make sure that you choose a field in college that you're interested in. That way while you are going broke, you can at least enjoy what you are paying an arm and a leg for.

Chairman Kaga
May 7th, 2006, 10:25 AM
*whacks Chair-sama* ew, ew, EWW. ;;! You never, ever, EVER quote me without disabling smilies! ;;!!!

And you don't want to sound dull over the internet! The internet, my friend, is one place where one can express oneself without one's boundaries in IRL. (Is one the only gender neutral pronoun? >>) Anything with a '3' is a kitty face; I thought that was common knowledge by now. >O For shame, Lady Alice. For shame. Max is converted to chocolate because I think we'll all agree chocolate is far more appetizing than blood. Isn't that right, Max? =D Even if I was a guy, I'd still use smilies. In this world, there are certain smilies that just fit in posts. For example, if you were to type in, "Hello~," it'd be habit for me to automatically insert a '^_^' next to it. You should regain your former self in all its glorious smilies. ♥

ck smiley count: 1 ._.

Why, I believe it is you, not me, who is at fault for using a smiley whose true meaning you mask by disabling smilies in your posts; it makes you seem most insincere when you want to :D without paying for using such an abominable smiley by accepting its obnoxious, toothy grin. But, such is the price of overusing smilies. People can easily use them against you.

To sugarcoat my posts with gobs of smilies would be something that I simply could not abide for myself, as to do such would be to make myself duplicitous, creating an internet personna that does not match the actual one. If I am not projecting my true self online, all my efforts are wasted in the creation of a character that exists only in the perceptions of others, and I am not one to use a particular façade for long periods of time, especially if I am buliding false friendships because of it.

There are a few other neutral pronouns in the english language, actually; "you", "they", "them", "I", and "me" come to mind, though only "they" and "them" can be considered third-person.

If I were to type in "Hello~", I would have to be under the influence of one or more of any number of illegal or immoral substances and would be most ashamed of myself when I regain sobriety. Also note that my posts, while full of smilies which you so adore, were incredibly unpolished in their structure and would be unpleasant to you to the point of being not worth engaging in conversation with me, which would be very much deserved on my part. So.......thus ends this post, because I can't think of anything else to say.

G'night, Max.

College?! Expensive?! Nawww....XD

On the serious side...I still think that's freakin awesome that you're gonna be salutatorian. Not sure how that limits your choice of schools though. Didn't you get any academic scholarships for that?? And just make sure that you choose a field in college that you're interested in. That way while you are going broke, you can at least enjoy what you are paying an arm and a leg for.

It's an okay feeling to be salutatorian, I suppose o_o; It's not that big a feat at my school as it is at others because there are only 80 or so seniors in my class, but, regardless of that, it's a useful feather in my cap for later resumés. My school choice is limited because I can't afford to commute but I can't afford to live on campus either, so I had to find somewhere rather close to where I live in order to even be able to go. When I say I'm poor I mean it x_x I'd think there would be extra funding benefits that come with salutatorian, but I don't think that I was offered anything because I only recently overtook the spot from another classmate. Let's just say that she's not at all happy, because she's been number two since the ninth grade, and I was eleventh at the same time. I think I'll major in English, although that's somewhat of a dead major unless I want to be a teacher or professor, which I don't. The problem is, it's the only thing I'm good at, so I have little choice in the matter, as I wanted to major in linguistics but all the colleges that offer that as a major are too far away.

Ryoutarou
May 7th, 2006, 10:50 AM
I'm going to be majoring in English as well, it's really the only class that I'm apparently good at. Though the whole "dead end major" thing isn't the best to get someone's spirits up.

Lily
May 7th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Chair-sama - ..I wish I knew you when it was May 2005. ;; That's all I have to say.

ck smiley count: 2

I want to major in English, Music, or Art..I just realized something. Blue sounds exactly alike Hatake Kakashi (dubbed) from Naruto. O.O

Arcanine
Jorfe has a funny name. It matches really well with his red name, red title, and red sig. XD

Ok that's it. I just had to say something about it. XD

Jack O'Neill
I step out to play Neverwinter Nights, watch stuff on Adult Swim, and sleep, and I find only two pages composed of equal parts n00bish spam and Alan's various dissertations.

Serebii~

Ryoutarou
May 7th, 2006, 11:00 AM
I want to major in English, Music, or Art..I just realized something. Blue sounds exactly alike Hatake Kakashi (dubbed) from Naruto. O.O I'm going to be doing English and Culinary Arts...nothing else I really wanna do. ...and people keep saying I sound like him and in general I have an "anime voice".

Andy...I know XD

aragornbird
May 7th, 2006, 11:01 AM

Whoa, Kazuhito changed his name to Blue. Which is ironic since his name is in bright bold red. xD

I’m majoring in art (more specifically Illustration).

MegaFuz
May 7th, 2006, 11:03 AM
It's an okay feeling to be salutatorian, I suppose o_o; It's not that big a feat at my school as it is at others because there are only 80 or so seniors in my class, but, regardless of that, it's a useful feather in my cap for later resumés. My school choice is limited because I can't afford to commute but I can't afford to live on campus either, so I had to find somewhere rather close to where I live in order to even be able to go. When I say I'm poor I mean it x_x I'd think there would be extra funding benefits that come with salutatorian, but I don't think that I was offered anything because I only recently overtook the spot from another classmate. Let's just say that she's not at all happy, because she's been number two since the ninth grade, and I was eleventh at the same time. I think I'll major in English, although that's somewhat of a dead major unless I want to be a teacher or professor, which I don't. The problem is, it's the only thing I'm good at, so I have little choice in the matter, as I wanted to major in linguistics but all the colleges that offer that as a major are too far away.

I see. Yeah, I'm majoring in journalism at Indiana University of Pennsylvania, but it's kind of more a communications program than journalism. At least, it involves all the areas that most other colleges would call communications. It's going to be interesting to see how journalism evolves over the next few decades, as newspapers and such die out and the internet becomes ever more prevalent.

Chairman Kaga
May 7th, 2006, 11:04 AM
I'm going to be majoring in English as well, it's really the only class that I'm apparently good at. Though the whole "dead end major" thing isn't the best to get someone's spirits up.

Ah...umm...well then; I suppose you missed the metaphor in my statement: "dead end major" obviously meant "opportunity-rich major"................

actually no. I'm just hoping there are jobs that require college-level english skills that I haven't heard of <_<;

You know, my sister actually suggested something to me that might work well for you, Jorge. She's a substitute teacher and got a letter in the mail saying that Japan is desperately in need of english teachers, and that they are willing to pay salary, room, and board for people certified in english and education who don't even know any Japanese if only they will move to Japan and teach in a high-school high-level english course. It's an incredible proposition, actually, even though I don't know any more about it o_o;

Chair-sama - ..I wish I knew you when it was May 2005. ;; That's all I have to say.

ck smiley count: 2

I want to major in English, Music, or Art..I just realized something. Blue sounds exactly alike Hatake Kakashi (dubbed) from Naruto. O.O

Believe me, you would have been bored to death. I was a late bloomer stylistically, and I'm sure I would have felt equally inadequate conversing with you as I would have with most other people.

I see. Yeah, I'm majoring in journalism at Indiana University of Pennsylvania, but it's kind of more a communications program than journalism. At least, it involves all the areas that most other colleges would call communications. It's going to be interesting to see how journalism evolves over the next few decades, as newspapers and such die out and the internet becomes ever more prevalent.

Communications is definitely better than journalism, as, from what I've heard, plain newspaper journalism can land you in low-profit, low-interest places that you'll dread for the rest of your life. At least with communications you have a better chance of actually being involved with news, news production, getting insight on big stories, etc. If I was more photogenic I would have considered it, but I hide behind the pen for a reason. Yes, being an internet communications specialist is going to be an interesting career as it's barely the dawn of the information age, and you're going to likely get your foot in the door on something big no matter what you choose.

Jack O'Neill
May 7th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Seeing Jorge's new name makes me want to drop Red vs. Blue references left and right...but I don't know any off the top of my head.

I plan to major in medicine or some field of engineering, BTW.

Chairman Kaga
May 7th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Seeing Jorge's new name makes me want to drop Red vs. Blue references left and right...but I don't know any off the top of my head.

I plan to major in medicine or some field of engineering, BTW.

Pokemon, politics, or some other red/blue pairing that escapes me at the moment?

It was actually his first name at PC...I'm kinda glad he changed it back, makes me sentimental XD

Ryoutarou
May 7th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Ah...umm...well then; I suppose you missed the metaphor in my statement: "dead end major" obviously meant "opportunity-rich major"................

actually no. I'm just hoping there are jobs that require college-level english skills that I haven't heard of <_<;

You know, my sister actually suggested something to me that might work well for you, Jorge. She's a substitute teacher and got a letter in the mail saying that Japan is desperately in need of english teachers, and that they are willing to pay salary, room, and board for people certified in english and education who don't even know any Japanese if only they will move to Japan and teach in a high-school high-level english course. It's an incredible proposition, actually, even though I don't know any more about it o_o;
...must have missed the metaphor then.

Anywho, I've heard of that program before. It's a pretty good program and the only thing is that it's a little restrictive of what you can and can't do. I read the journal of some guy who was in the program, he was black, so his students wanted to see if the rumor of them being...well endowed was true. So day after day, his students would grab at him, and people in the streets would take pictures of him. Apparently being a non-white tourist in Japan makes you famous. XD

It was actually his first name at PC...I'm kinda glad he changed it back, makes me sentimental XDI know, though most members don't realize it was my first name XD

Jack O'Neill
May 7th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Pokemon, politics, or some other red/blue pairing that escapes me at the moment?

It was actually his first name at PC...I'm kinda glad he changed it back, makes me sentimental XD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_vs_Blue

Arcanine
May 7th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Jorfe: I should have saved that part of the chat about your name last night. XD

Jack: Just make up some crazy Red vs Blue thing. XD

Kaga: I'm going to agree and disagree with you on Jorfe's name. I like how it was his first name and it's got this place in my heart saying "That's Jorfe".
But "Blue" really does suck for a name, really it's a color. And what's worse is everything on his profile is red (there isn't a lick of blue anywhere) so it doesn't work right. XD

Ryoutarou
May 7th, 2006, 11:17 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_vs_Blue
I love that show...for some reason Andy reminds me of Donut a lot.

Andy, it's supposed to be like that, ironic and stuff. XD

MegaFuz
May 7th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Communications is definitely better than journalism, as, from what I've heard, plain newspaper journalism can land you in low-profit, low-interest places that you'll dread for the rest of your life. At least with communications you have a better chance of actually being involved with news, news production, getting insight on big stories, etc. If I was more photogenic I would have considered it, but I hide behind the pen for a reason. Yes, being an internet communications specialist is going to be an interesting career as it's barely the dawn of the information age, and you're going to likely get your foot in the door on something big no matter what you choose.

Indeed. If I would have gone to any other college I would have chosen their comm program over journalism, but IUP's journalism program actually sounded perfect for what I wanted to do. Made my college choice easy anyway.

Well, unfortunately my mower and iPod are calling my name. If I could figure out how to create grass that never needed mowed I'd be a millionaire. Oh wait....AstroTurf. Darn it. Well then...my thunder got stolen pretty fast there, eh?? :\

Arcanine
May 7th, 2006, 11:34 AM
I love that show...for some reason Andy reminds me of Donut a lot.

Andy, it's supposed to be like that, ironic and stuff. XD
I'm guessing this Donut guy must suck or something. Because if I remind you of someone then that person is strange, funny, or crazy. XD

And so? Blue doesn't match with Red. XD

Chairman Kaga
May 7th, 2006, 11:38 AM
...must have missed the metaphor then.

Anywho, I've heard of that program before. It's a pretty good program and the only thing is that it's a little restrictive of what you can and can't do. I read the journal of some guy who was in the program, he was black, so his students wanted to see if the rumor of them being...well endowed was true. So day after day, his students would grab at him, and people in the streets would take pictures of him. Apparently being a non-white tourist in Japan makes you famous. XD

I was joking about there being a metaphor, there is none XD

Even if it is restrictive, it sounds like the opportunity of a lifetime to me...at the risk of making myself sound like a run-of-the-mill know-nothing Japanophile, I'd go if I ever get the chance...it seems, in part, like an all-expense-paid multi-year trip to Japan, free with total culture immersion and the ability to spread the english language x_x

.......creepy XD I didn't even know the Japanese had rumors about black people, even less those kind...I suppose that makes me glad I'd be white there, even though lots of people would probably disagree and say they wouldn't mind having Japanese schoolgirls grab at them XD

Kaga: I'm going to agree and disagree with you on Jorfe's name. I like how it was his first name and it's got this place in my heart saying "That's Jorfe".
But "Blue" really does suck for a name, really it's a color. And what's worse is everything on his profile is red (there isn't a lick of blue anywhere) so it doesn't work right. XD

He's easily demotable to Praetor. Just do that XD

Indeed. If I would have gone to any other college I would have chosen their comm program over journalism, but IUP's journalism program actually sounded perfect for what I wanted to do. Made my college choice easy anyway.

Well, unfortunately my mower and iPod are calling my name. If I could figure out how to create grass that never needed mowed I'd be a millionaire. Oh wait....AstroTurf. Darn it. Well then...my thunder got stolen pretty fast there, eh?? :/

I knew exactly which college was perfect for me, but I didn't get to go because of my parents' restrictions. So I'm stuck with a tiny place that barely teaches anything, going into an incredibly broad major x_x

Or...you could always, you know...uproot the grass and sow the earth with salt so nothing ever grows again. That'd solve your problem rather quickly.

Jack O'Neill
May 7th, 2006, 11:45 AM
I'm guessing this Donut guy must suck or something. Because if I remind you of someone then that person is strange, funny, or crazy. XD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_main_characters_in_Red_vs_Blue

Ryoutarou
May 7th, 2006, 11:49 AM

Andy, Donut is "slow" XD And I know it doesn't match, that's the whole point XD

I was joking about there being a metaphor, there is none XD

Even if it is restrictive, it sounds like the opportunity of a lifetime to me...at the risk of making myself sound like a run-of-the-mill know-nothing Japanophile, I'd go if I ever get the chance...it seems, in part, like an all-expense-paid multi-year trip to Japan, free with total culture immersion and the ability to spread the english language x_x

.......creepy XD I didn't even know the Japanese had rumors about black people, even less those kind...I suppose that makes me glad I'd be white there, even though lots of people would probably disagree and say they wouldn't mind having Japanese schoolgirls grab at them XDI know...I was being sarcastic. XD

I know, they let you go places, just not out of the city without permission. Otherwise it's a really great program that I want to try when I turn 18. I've had some friends who have been in it and they say it's a prett good program and that you learn a lot over there and that he became really good friends with his students.

I know...he said that he was grabbed there at least three times a day. XD

Chairman Kaga
May 7th, 2006, 11:55 AM
I know...I was being sarcastic. XD

I know, they let you go places, just not out of the city without permission. Otherwise it's a really great program that I want to try when I turn 18. I've had some friends who have been in it and they say it's a prett good program and that you learn a lot over there and that he became really good friends with his students.

I know...he said that he was grabbed there at least three times a day. XD

Can't leave the city? o_O That's not the type of restriction I had in mind, but it's better than nothing, I suppose. Do you know the minimum time requirement of staying there? I mean...I'd hate to get myself into something that's going to take me five or ten years to get out of if I don't like it. It's a frightening proposition in that respect <_<;

But...eh...when I'm 22 and out of college I may have nothing better to do. I'm beginning to teach myself Japanese right now so hopefully that continues to the point where I actually know something about it...

Japan is all about free love as far as I know, so I'm really not surprised that little incidents like that would happen XD

Arcanine
May 7th, 2006, 11:56 AM
He's easily demotable to Praetor. Just do that XD If I make it a banable usergroup will you ban him to it? Because I don't want to be the one that screws around with his account again. XD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_main_characters_in_Red_vs_Blue
OMG that is me!
"mistakes the Blue Base for the "store", and loses his way several times."
"and cheerfulness tend to annoy his teammates."
"He insists that his new armor is "lightish red", even though it is clearly pink to everyone else."
*Nods nods* XD

Andy, Donut is "slow" XD And I know it doesn't match, that's the whole point XD Slow? I guess that's me. XD

Jack O'Neill
May 7th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Donut (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_main_characters_in_Red_vs_Blue#Donut)

Full name: Private Franklin Delano Donut
Armor color: Red, pink (episode 16 and onward)
Voice actor: Dan Godwin
Donut, whose full name is a reference to former United States President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, is the Red Team's over-eager rookie, who, at least initially, is unable to grasp the current situation. Upon arriving in Blood Gulch, he immediately falls for a fool's errand, mistakes the Blue Base for the "store", and loses his way several times. His general naïveté, garrulousness, and cheerfulness tend to annoy his teammates.

Injured when Tex attacks the Red Base, Donut is consequently airlifted out of the gulch for medical treatment. Pleased that he captured the Blues' flag, Red Command gives him his own armor color, which becomes a sensitive issue for him: He insists that his new armor is "lightish red", even though it is clearly pink to everyone else. In season 2, he does eventually accept it as pink. As the series progresses, the armor color and the trauma he received from Tex seem to take their toll on Donut's mind; his speech and personality become increasingly effeminate. He also becomes more childish, pretending to be a secret agent during a reconnaissance operation, and later sticking his hand in machinery despite repeated warnings.

Donut is also prone to long conversations or convoluted narratives. In season 2, he twice attempts to engage another Red in idle chatter, to little success. When blasted forward into the future, he attempts to organize a play to explain events. He also concocts an implausible tale to distract the Blues in episode 53 and, in episode 70, falsely portrays himself as a hero, supposedly rescuing the other Reds from the Blue Base.

Despite these flaws, Donut sometimes demonstrates alertness or knowledge beyond that of his teammates. For example, in season 2, he is the only one to suggest correctly that Church is a ghost (and hence why Sarge went mad, and Lopez ran away). Initially unable, as with the other Reds, to understand Lopez, he later demonstrates the ability both to understand and speak some Spanish. (However, in episode 75, it becomes clear that this ability is limited, as his Spanish is poor, and he cannot understand the instructions in Spanish from Red Command.) Left to his own devices when the other Reds leave him behind in search of a distress signal, Donut manages to steal O'Malley's hovercraft and catch up to his team. In addition, he is the only one who supports Simmons' assertion that Sheila is still roaming Blood Gulch in the future. In episode 75, Donut reveals his awareness of Vic's vasectomy, but it is unknown how he learns of this information; his stealth encounter with Doc and O'Malley in season 2 did not include the conversation in which Vic revealed his sterility. Nevertheless, his insights are ignored by his team.

After Simmons' exile from the Red Team, Donut replaces him as Sarge's right-hand man, a move that Sarge quickly comes to regret. Much to Sarge's displeasure, Donut suggests various changes, including the incorporation of more positive reinforcement and the redecoration of the Red Base. When a large ship from Red Command lands on Donut at the end of episode 77, his teammates seem indifferent, and Donut's fate remains unknown.

Ryoutarou
May 7th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Can't leave the city? o_O That's not the type of restriction I had in mind, but it's better than nothing, I suppose. Do you know the minimum time requirement of staying there? I mean...I'd hate to get myself into something that's going to take me five or ten years to get out of if I don't like it. It's a frightening proposition in that respect <_<;

But...eh...when I'm 22 and out of college I may have nothing better to do. I'm beginning to teach myself Japanese right now so hopefully that continues to the point where I actually know something about it...

Japan is all about free love as far as I know, so I'm really not surprised that little incidents like that would happen XDYou have to stay for 6 months, if you want to stay longer, it has to be for a year. Though, what's the name of the one your sister got in the mail? It could probably be different depending on how it's run and stuff.

I know a bit of Japanese, enough to have a slow conversation, the translating I do usually takes me hours to get right, but it's a start. It would be cool to try to get into one of these programs since you don't need to be fluent, and apparently it's easier to teach like that.

Japan isn't all that welcoming from what I've heard actually, it's apparently a really xenophobic country. I have friends who used to live there and who used to work there, they all say that it takes time to fit in with the adult crowd, because no matter how well you teach kids or how well you know Japanese, you'll always be "That crazy white guy from work." XD That's an actual quote one of my friends got while he was over there.

Chairman Kaga
May 7th, 2006, 12:22 PM
You have to stay for 6 months, if you want to stay longer, it has to be for a year. Though, what's the name of the one your sister got in the mail? It could probably be different depending on how it's run and stuff.

I know a bit of Japanese, enough to have a slow conversation, the translating I do usually takes me hours to get right, but it's a start. It would be cool to try to get into one of these programs since you don't need to be fluent, and apparently it's easier to teach like that.

Japan isn't all that welcoming from what I've heard actually, it's apparently a really xenophobic country. I have friends who used to live there and who used to work there, they all say that it takes time to fit in with the adult crowd, because no matter how well you teach kids or how well you know Japanese, you'll always be "That crazy white guy from work." XD That's an actual quote one of my friends got while he was over there.

I don't remember the name of the company, unfortunately...I'm sure my sister could research it, though; she could probably just ask one my english teachers x_x

Funny thing is, I'm probably not going to get anywhere with my attempts to learn Japanese, because since I can't find any good books that teach grammar rather than phrases, I'm using a 1940s British book called "Colloquial Japanese" that I found at a yard sale, and its teaching methods are ineffective and awkward. I've been trying to find old college textbooks on ebay but it's not working.

I've always dreaded the idea of getting the suspicious gaijin treatment if I ever go to Japan...I suppose I'll just have to live through it, though; I mean, as long as they're not overtly hateful toward me for being American I probably won't notice on a regular basis.

Ryoutarou
May 7th, 2006, 12:28 PM
I don't remember the name of the company, unfortunately...I'm sure my sister could research it, though; she could probably just ask one my english teachers x_x

Funny thing is, I'm probably not going to get anywhere with my attempts to learn Japanese, because since I can't find any good books that teach grammar rather than phrases, I'm using a 1940s British book called "Colloquial Japanese" that I found at a yard sale, and its teaching methods are ineffective and awkward. I've been trying to find old college textbooks on ebay but it's not working.

I've always dreaded the idea of getting the suspicious gaijin treatment if I ever go to Japan...I suppose I'll just have to live through it, though; I mean, as long as they're not overtly hateful toward me for being American I probably won't notice on a regular basis.Try getting something from an online, if you need help I know the names of some books that can help you out a lot. Before these all I had to go on was what my friends would teach me, eventually one of them just made me a list. Even if you do go to Japan without knowing Japanese, as my friend put it "You'll learn Japanese dang fast when you realize you can't order the sandwich you want for lunch."

Most of my friends said if you can be a bit outgoing, you'll get over it. I have one friend who is getting married to a girl he met in Japan, and at first her family was really against it, going as far as saying they'd disown her is she went through with it. He couldn't be seen around with her because of the jokes that she would get a work and stuff, she still wants to marry him so they moved to England where it's not bad.

I really wanna find the name of this program, it would really be helpful in getting me to Japan. Teaching there would be great as well.

Arcanine
May 7th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Wow, looks like last night we had the people on PC.
Most users ever online was 686, Today at 02:44 AM.
They all had to get on when I was in the bed. XD

Jack O'Neill
May 7th, 2006, 01:32 PM
I was off playing Neverwinter Nights at 2344 PDT last night, so I missed out as well. >O!!!1

Persona
May 7th, 2006, 01:40 PM

2:44 am? aw, come on.. i can only stay up until 1:00 am.

oh well, maybe next time. At least your not the only one.

Shikon no Tama
May 7th, 2006, 01:41 PM
... I'm not even allowed on at 9:00 PM. How can anyone be on the computer at 2:44 AM? O_o;

Persona
May 7th, 2006, 01:47 PM
... I'm not even allowed on at 9:00 PM. How can anyone be on the computer at 2:44 AM? O_o;

um.. maybe because they're at different countries? like an australia, if it's 2:44 am where you don't live there, then it could be night where they are.

*outsmarts shikon* =D .. *thinks to self* wait.. am i wrong? oh no >.<

MegaFuz
May 7th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Usually I would be online @ 2:44am because I have semi-insomnia. Darn...the one time I go to bed early...:\

Shikon no Tama
May 7th, 2006, 01:51 PM
um.. maybe because they're at different countries? like an australia, if it's 2:44 am where you don't live there, then it could be night where they are.

*outsmarts shikon* =D .. *thinks to self* wait.. am i wrong? oh no >.<
Yes, true. But in some countries the times aren't all too different. Like if it was 2:00 AM here, it might be 4:00 AM somewhere else. Guess it all depends on how far you exactly live apart from someone else with a different timezone. ^^;
And so what if you outsmarted me? :< I bet billions... No, trillions of people could outsmart dumb ol' Moony. I'm not all that bright. I used to be quite smart, but I guess I just lost the brain power. XD

Dawg 2005
May 7th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Does matter if you were on that night? XD

So you're 5 now, Ryan? XD

Persona
May 7th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Yes, true. But in some countries the times aren't all too different. Like if it was 2:00 AM here, it might be 4:00 AM somewhere else. Guess it all depends on how far you exactly live apart from someone else with a different timezone. ^^;
And so what if you outsmarted me? :< I bet billions... No, trillions of people could outsmart dumb ol' Moony. I'm not all that bright. I used to be quite smart, but I guess I just lost the brain power. XD

oh, i thought you were bright xD

guess i'm wrong? D=

Bob- yes, i am. got a problem with that? ¬_¬

MegaFuz
May 7th, 2006, 02:03 PM

guess i'm wrong? D=

Moony is quite bright. She just made a slight...overlook?? XD

Shikon no Tama
May 7th, 2006, 02:04 PM

guess i'm wrong? D=

Trust me Ryan, I've been much smarter before. I was sort of what anyone would call the "A" student. ^^;
You're 5? =O Does this mean you go to kindergarden? :>

Persona
May 7th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Trust me Ryan, I've been much smarter before. I was sort of what anyone would call the "A" student. ^^;
You're 5? =O Does this mean you go to kindergarden? :>

*shifts eyes* mayyybe. pretty smart for a 5 year old, right? if you say no.. i'll hate you for life, even though we won't be going on PC for life. or maybe we will xD

i'm confused right now xD

Shikon no Tama
May 7th, 2006, 02:10 PM
*shifts eyes* mayyybe. pretty smart for a 5 year old, right? if you say no.. i'll hate you for life, even though we won't be going on PC for life. or maybe we will xD

i'm confused right now xD
Don't worry. I'll just make a screenie of you with 5 as your age and us it as future reference if ever I need to humiliate you. ;3
And don't worry kiddo, it's ok to me confused! XD

Persona
May 7th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Don't worry. I'll just make a screenie of you with 5 as your age and us it as future reference if ever I need to humiliate you. ;3
And don't worry kiddo, it's ok to me confused! XD

what? are you actually going to do that?

=/ i already hate you.

MegaFuz
May 7th, 2006, 02:18 PM

=/ i already hate you.

I would not put it past her. Females are capable of very cruel things. -_-

Shikon no Tama
May 7th, 2006, 02:22 PM

=/ i already hate you.
Yep, yep. :3 But don't worry, I'll only use it if I ever need to blackmail you in any way possible.
That's quite likely. *Shuts up* XD

Drifblim
May 7th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Which is why the divorce rate is so high.

*shot*

Ahem, yes, but only because of what we males have been pushing on them for more than 200 years now.

Persona
May 7th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Which is why the divorce rate is so high.

*shot*

Ahem, yes, but only because of what we males have been pushing on them for more than 200 years now.

*sigh* but i haven't pushed them in any way, have i?

Shikon- your evil. i hate people who are evil. i hate you. the end.

Shikon no Tama
May 7th, 2006, 02:30 PM
*sigh* but i haven't pushed them in any way, have i?

Shikon- your evil. i hate people who are evil. i hate you. the end.
... Would you prefer if I just deleted the screenie then? :<

Persona
May 7th, 2006, 02:33 PM
... Would you prefer if I just deleted the screenie then? :<

that's more of your choice. would you like to be hated by me forever or not?

Dawg 2005
May 7th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Keep it. XD

I'm watching Airplane!, the best movie evar. XD

Persona
May 7th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Keep it. XD

I'm watching Airplane!, the best movie evar. XD

Never watched it. Is it about an airplane? xD

Dawg 2005
May 7th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Never watched it. Is it about an airplane? xD
Yes it is. XD

This guy has a drinking problem, he can't drink properly. XD

Chibi-chan
May 7th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Dear Jack,

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu kicks serious arse~ Strangely enough, I was making/finding my own Suzumiya theme! XD How weird!

Jack O'Neill
May 7th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Dear Jack,

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu kicks serious arse~ Strangely enough, I was making/finding my own Suzumiya theme! XD How weird!
Yes, it's quite the contagious little anime. XD

MegaFuz
May 7th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Yes it is. XD

This guy has a drinking problem, he can't drink properly. XD

I believe we have a term for that. It's called an alcoholic. -_-

Dawg 2005
May 7th, 2006, 04:06 PM
I believe we have a term for that. It's called an alcoholic. -_-
Oh, but he's not an alcoholic. When he brings his hand up to drink, he misses and the drink hits his face. XD

You need to watch the movie in order to understand clearly.

Jack O'Neill
May 7th, 2006, 04:07 PM
With all this talk of alcohol, I now have an urge to bring back that Roy avatar I once had...

MegaFuz
May 7th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Oh, but he's not an alcoholic. When he brings his hand up to drink, he misses and the drink hits his face. XD

You need to watch the movie in order to understand clearly.

Err...my mistake then. :\ I guess I'll just have to check out the movie.

Dawg 2005
May 7th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Err...my mistake then. :\ I guess I'll just have to check out the movie.
It's a really funny movie. A classic.

No one's stopping you, Jack. XD

Jack O'Neill
May 7th, 2006, 04:16 PM
No one's stopping you, Jack. XD
The thing is, I don't want to give up Suzumiya. XP

Dawg 2005
May 7th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Put her in your signature then? XD

It's cool. XD

Chibi-chan
May 7th, 2006, 04:26 PM
*pokes* This place is dying like crazy...common, perk up people! -3-

Dawg 2005
May 7th, 2006, 04:28 PM
I blame others! XD

Reply faster and it won't die. XD

Chibi-chan
May 7th, 2006, 04:31 PM
I'm actually perfecting my sig~~~~

And reading Furuba, finishing a lab sheet about arthropods, and eating pretzels!

Chairman Kaga
May 7th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Unfortunately, by the time this fall when I have good internet and can download episodes of Suzumiya at last, the craze will likely be over and I will feel behind the curve yet again, as I am so horribly inept at even thinking of anime I would like given the chance to download any that I want. I'm rather desperate for something obscure, as I feel that being a fan of nothing but mainstream gives me the stigma of shallow otaku even though I only do this because of circumstance.

Dawg 2005
May 7th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Furuba? What's that? XD

Paul's been working on a theme for me, but it's taking forever. I think he forgot. XDD

Chibi-chan
May 7th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Furuba? What's that? XD

Paul's been working on a theme for me, but it's taking forever. I think he forgot. XDD
Yep, he most likely forgot.

Furuba=Fruits Basket.

Dawg 2005
May 7th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Yep, he most likely forgot.

Furuba=Fruits Basket.
Dang it. XD

Fruits Basket is teh boring. XD

I'm going now, bye. XD

Chibi-chan
May 7th, 2006, 04:48 PM
FINE THEN! Leave us to ROT >:

*lights sig on fire* WORK!!!!! >:

Jack O'Neill
May 7th, 2006, 04:50 PM
I believe now's a perfect time to point out the similarities between FMA and Furuba...

Lust is Tohru Honda. Zolf J. Kimblee is Yuki Sohma. Maria Ross is Kagura Sohma. Russell Tringham is Hatsuharu Sohma. Alex Louis Armstrong is Ayame Sohma. Alphonse Elric, Scar, Jean Havoc, and Lyra/Dante have bit parts.

Chibi-chan
May 7th, 2006, 04:56 PM
ROFL.

You've never read Fruits Basket, have you? It shows XD I don't think you could ever be so wrong...

I have major issues with Tohru though. She's a Mary Sue. It's crazy....>___>

Mary Sue Honda: Of course I love you if you just gave me a gash in my shoulder, smell like dead bodies, and look like a mutated dragon!

Any other girl: OMFG WAAAAAAAAAH! *runs away with nightmares*

Jack O'Neill
May 7th, 2006, 05:00 PM
ROFL.

You've never read Fruits Basket, have you? It shows XD I don't think you could ever be so wrong...

I have major issues with Tohru though. She's a Mary Sue. It's crazy....>___>

Mary Sue Honda: Of course I love you if you just gave me a gash in my shoulder, smell like dead bodies, and look like a mutated dragon!

Any other girl: OMFG WAAAAAAAAAH! *runs away with nightmares*

I was talking about the anime. Don't think visual; think audio.

Chibi-chan
May 7th, 2006, 05:02 PM

I was talking about the anime. Don't think visual; think audio.

OH! I......wait, they have the same seiyuu?! Or American voiceovers?!

Jack O'Neill
May 7th, 2006, 05:10 PM

OH! I......wait, they have the same seiyuu?! Or American voiceovers?!
I don't specialize in seiyuu, but I do know the names of quite a few American VAs. Look 'em up for yourself. XP

Chibi-chan
May 7th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Oi...that's confusing! @_@ I just know that they make my eyes feel better (no more subtitles!) yet there are few...

I'm watching Ben-Hur~! I love this movie actually.

Dawg 2005
May 7th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Oi...that's confusing! @_@ I just know that they make my eyes feel better (no more subtitles!) yet there are few...

I'm watching Ben-Hur~! I love this movie actually.

Ben-Hur? O__o

Well I'm watching Family Guy. Nyah! XD

Chibi-chan
May 7th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Ben-Hur? O__o

Well I'm watching Family Guy. Nyah! XD
Is it a new episode on Fox? :D

Well, I'm off to finish my lab report. Cya~

AND STOP LURKING

Chairman Kaga
May 7th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Ben-Hur > Family Guy. I'll take a classic epic over Seth MacFarlane's cheap shock and obscure pop culture preoccupation any day.

Dawg 2005
May 7th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Is it a new episode on Fox? :D

Well, I'm off to finish my lab report. Cya~

AND STOP LURKING
One of them was. The first one that came on was the one where Meg became a lesbian to fit in. XD

Ben-Hur > Family Guy. I'll take a classic epic over Seth MacFarlane's cheap shock and obscure pop culture preoccupation any day. Maybe I should take a look at it. XD

Chibi-chan
May 7th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Btw, visit your fanclub Kaga before I put in the ShinjiKaworu pics >:
It misses you ;o;

Chairman Kaga
May 7th, 2006, 05:38 PM
It's ground to a standstill, I'm out of things to say <_<;

But I'll gladly delete your posts and rack up mod actions if you happen to post said images.

Chibi-chan
May 7th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Paul, if you're lurking, read my LJ >:

I was going to tell you something CK but it slipped my mind....>___>

pokejungle
May 7th, 2006, 05:43 PM
I'm totally back.

My, how everything's changed.

Dawg 2005
May 7th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Paulz0r! You're unbanned! Yayz! XD

Things have changed? XD

MegaFuz
May 7th, 2006, 05:47 PM
I'm totally back.

Whoa. o_O Havn't seen you in a loooong time!! How've you been Paul?? How long were you banned for?!

Dawg 2005
May 7th, 2006, 05:48 PM
I think it was 2 or 3 weeks. O_O

I've been banned before. *innocent* XD

Chibi-chan
May 7th, 2006, 05:52 PM
I think it was 2 or 3 weeks. O_O

I've been banned before. *innocent* XD
I think I remember. You had a different username I think though.

pokejungle
May 7th, 2006, 05:52 PM
I was banned for two weeks.

For nothing~ I was having a mature discussion with Serebii and it was labelled as flaming. Absolutely no way you could interpret it as flaming.

I was respectful.

Kura
May 7th, 2006, 05:53 PM
I'm totally back.

;o; Pauleh-puppyy!!! Welcome back!!

@@ Just.. yeah.. welcome back posts aren't allowed (remember?)
;o; *huggles* I'm really really really happy that you're back, though!!

Dawg 2005
I think I remember. You had a different username I think though.
Yeah I did. No one shall know the name! XD

I can't believe I got banned, I was such a noob! XD

MegaFuz
I was banned for two weeks.

For nothing~ I was having a mature discussion with Serebii and it was labelled as flaming. Absolutely no way you could interpret it as flaming.

I was respectful.

I have to say...I'm not shocked at all. -_-

One of the reasons I left for 3 months....

Kura
May 7th, 2006, 05:56 PM

@@ I've never been banned o.o but I've gotten a warning for flaming once~

Chibi-chan
May 7th, 2006, 05:56 PM

Yes you were! XD *goes through old n00b names*

You weren't MysticTrunks where you? No...that was [censored].
I'll remember yet!! XD

I don't think I have any warnings! =D Chibi is such a good girl~

MegaFuz
May 7th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Never been banned either. Let's hope it stays that way. XD

Dawg 2005
May 7th, 2006, 06:02 PM

I'll remember yet!! XD

I saw that 'suck a good girl' typo. XD

MT was RF AKA RL. XD

Good luck remembering it, i-...that'll give it away. XD

Shower and sleepy time for John. Bye. XD

MegaFuz
May 7th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Luck being the keyword there Chibi. XD

Dawg 2005
May 7th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Luck being the keyword there Chibi. XD
How's it a key word? XD

She was on the right track, it did begin with an 'M'.

Chairman Kaga
May 7th, 2006, 06:07 PM
I have to say...I'm not shocked at all. -_-

One of the reasons I left for 3 months....

Now, now; remember that one is always innocent in their own mind.

I came rather close to banning, or so I feel. One of the reasons for my absence was that something told me Kairi was going to ban me for my dissidence rather soon, and, as little as PC meant to me at the time, I wasn't about to have that.

Dawg 2005
May 7th, 2006, 06:10 PM

I'll remember yet!! XD

Oh, crap I just realized the easiest way you can find out. XD

pokejungle
May 7th, 2006, 06:10 PM
I feel bad about your LJ Chibi.

Not sure why you'd be looking at the index of my image folder though. oO; *akward*

Jack O'Neill
May 7th, 2006, 06:14 PM
I've been banned at least once.

MegaFuz
May 7th, 2006, 06:16 PM

I guess that's very true. But still....

pokejungle
May 7th, 2006, 06:17 PM

I came rather close to banning, or so I feel. One of the reasons for my absence was that something told me Kairi was going to ban me for my dissidence rather soon, and, as little as PC meant to me at the time, I wasn't about to have that.
You have to remember, prosecuters always believe the defendant is guilty. It goes both ways.

And I did post that "PC ~ The Broken Community" thread and kept my membership. Sometimes you just have to go out on a limb and not be scared of the consequences.

Dawg 2005
May 7th, 2006, 06:18 PM
I know I'm not innocent. XD

Okay I'm going this time. XD

Jack O'Neill
May 7th, 2006, 06:20 PM
There is no innocence, only guilt.

Drifblim
May 7th, 2006, 06:20 PM
I came here because I was banned elsewhere. How that figures in, you can ask me privately. Right now I don't feel like reiterating the entire sphiel on a DCC thread.

MegaFuz
May 7th, 2006, 06:23 PM
There is no innocence, only guilt.

What kind of messed up philosophy is that?!

pokejungle
May 7th, 2006, 06:28 PM
What kind of messed up philosophy is that?!
It's called Communism.

Don't credit Jack for thinking it up.

MegaFuz
May 7th, 2006, 06:30 PM
It's called Communism.

Don't credit Jack for thinking it up.

Out of everyone here at PC, Jack is the first Communist I meet. Why am I not surprised?

I'm gonna grab a shower, snack, and then hit the hay. Talk to you all later. -_-

parallelzero
May 7th, 2006, 06:32 PM
You have to remember, prosecuters always believe the defendant is guilty. It goes both ways.

And I did post that "PC ~ The Broken Community" thread and kept my membership. Sometimes you just have to go out on a limb and not be scared of the consequences.
Though Kaga wasn't the one who banned you, was he? He could have thought either way. Oo;

Communism... One of those things not worth fighting over, but it happened anyways. The Cold War... how boring.

pokejungle
May 7th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Morkula was the one who banned me. I was just reversing his philosphy.

Jack O'Neill
May 7th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Actually, I hate Communism.

pokejungle
May 7th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Actually, I hate Communism.
Why? It'd lead to the ultimate form of peace if robots were put in as the government officials.

Humans are too corruptable.

parallelzero
May 7th, 2006, 06:45 PM
The DCC tonight is full of hate and unhappiness. That's never a good thing. o.o

Jack O'Neill
May 7th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Communism... One of those things not worth fighting over, but it happened anyways. The Cold War... how boring.No wonder you don't like my RPs. You find warfare to be boring.

Communism = Fascism = evil

Why? It'd lead to the ultimate form of peace if robots were put in as the government officials.

Humans are too corruptable.But humans are the ones programming the robots, right? What's preventing a human programmer from placing corrupt programing into a government droid, hmm?

parallelzero
May 7th, 2006, 06:50 PM
No wonder you don't like my RPs. You find warfare to be boring.

Communism = Fascism = evil

But humans are the ones programming the robots, right? What's preventing a human programmer from placing corrupt programing into a government droid, hmm?
I don't fnd warfare boring. I mean, I liked studying WWII. It's just, the Cold War wasn't really that interesting.

Jack O'Neill
May 7th, 2006, 06:55 PM
I don't fnd warfare boring. I mean, I liked studying WWII. It's just, the Cold War wasn't really that interesting.
World War II is indeed an interesting area of history to study, after all.

With the exceptions of the Korean and Vietnam Wars, the various Arab-Israeli Wars, and the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, the Cold War was basically a bunch of political maneuvers.

pokejungle
May 7th, 2006, 06:56 PM
I have two friends that talk for WWII every day in Gym walking around the track each day. That's forty-five minutes a day, five days a week.

Can't stand it honestly.

And yes, the DCC is in a bad mood right now. Thank me.

Arcanine
May 7th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Bad mood DCC, Wow it even killed the DCC. No shock seeing how almost no one wants to post after all that.

And if you want to learn about WWII then go buy all the WWII FPS, and RST games out there. Since there's like 500 WWII games you won't miss anything. XD

Chase Leader
May 7th, 2006, 10:35 PM
Why I don't post in the DCC...its way to random and strange at times...its almost scary.

Naminé
May 7th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Why I don't post in the DCC...its way to random and strange at times...its almost scary.

Why Naminé thought that it's strange to see Mr. Chase Leader be the most recent poster in DCC, so Naminé just had to come to take a look at what he wrote... Yes DCC is indeed extremely random and strange, and it's not almost scary because it has surpassed such level already. Naminé tried to stir DCC to hopefully mix the discussion part that once existed within the old DCC in the archives, but then, suppose that just because the threads got the same name, it doesn't mean that it is made for the same function anymore...

So, like what Ms. Lily strongly advised, DCC isn't too fitting for Naminé and that she shall only hop in back and forth from the rare time to time... DCC is only meant for two kinds of people: those who lost all of their brain cells, and those who are too tired or lazy to use their brain cells~

mew_rocks
May 8th, 2006, 12:44 AM
Two things:
1.Wtf does IMO mean?
2.What do red and green button things next to your names mean??

Jack O'Neill
May 8th, 2006, 01:12 AM
So, like what Ms. Lily strongly advised, DCC isn't too fitting for Naminé and that she shall only hop in back and forth from the rare time to time... DCC is only meant for two kinds of people: those who lost all of their brain cells, and those who are too tired or lazy to use their brain cells~
Jack is going to assume that that was a hostile response directed at those staff and regular members who post in the DCC. Except for the random n00bs that wander in occasionally, most DCCers possess copious amounts of brain cells and are not above using them frequently.

Jack is also quick to point out the illogic in Ms. Naminé's statement that DCC is for those without brain cells and those too lazy to use their brain cells. Firstly, a human that has lost all of his/her nervous tissue would be dead and thus incapable of typing; even if by some miracle said person is still alive, without a functioning cerebrum, he/she would be incapable of typing anyway. Secondly, a person can never be too tired or lazy to use his/her brain cells, as a complete cessation of brain activity is equivalent to either a persistent vegetative state (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persistent_vegetative_state) or outright brain death (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_death); neither can be triggered voluntarily without self-inflicted trauma to the head, which would be enough to kill outright.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
May 8th, 2006, 01:28 AM
Jack is going to assume that that was a hostile response directed at those staff and regular members who post in the DCC. Except for the random n00bs that wander in occasionally, most DCCers possess copious amounts of brain cells and are not above using them frequently.

Jack is also quick to point out the illogic in Ms. Naminé's statement that DCC is for those without brain cells and those too lazy to use their brain cells. Firstly, a human that has lost all of his/her nervous tissue would be dead and thus incapable of typing; even if by some miracle said person is still alive, without a functioning cerebrum, he/she would be incapable of typing anyway. Secondly, a person can never be too tired or lazy to use his/her brain cells, as a complete cessation of brain activity is equivalent to either a persistent vegetative state (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persistent_vegetative_state) or outright brain death (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_death); neither can be triggered voluntarily without self-inflicted trauma to the head, which would be enough to kill outright. Oh god no ... Jackette, why do YOU have a Haruhi avatar? |cries to death| First Gian, then BusterWolf, and now you. This is a conspiracy. |plays Hare Hare Yukai and attempts to dance again|

Oh and like, I'll be in the group that has no brain cells. X3

Jack O'Neill
May 8th, 2006, 01:38 AM
Oh god no ... Jackette, why do YOU have a Haruhi avatar? |cries to death| First Gian, then BusterWolf, and now you. This is a conspiracy. |plays Hare Hare Yukai and attempts to dance again|
Because I wanted a Haruhi avatar, that's why. XP

Chibi-chan
May 8th, 2006, 01:46 AM
Why Naminé thought that it's strange to see Mr. Chase Leader be the most recent poster in DCC, so Naminé just had to come to take a look at what he wrote... Yes DCC is indeed extremely random and strange, and it's not almost scary because it has surpassed such level already. Naminé tried to stir DCC to hopefully mix the discussion part that once existed within the old DCC in the archives, but then, suppose that just because the threads got the same name, it doesn't mean that it is made for the same function anymore...

Wow! I haven't heard something that intelligently bias in awhile! I do remember though when you were quite regular; in was nice to see someone who bothered to post a couple of sentences. But just because you post so big and in 3rd person doesn't mean that what you say is actually...intelligent. Though 'Ms. Lily' advised not to come here so often...why listen to her? Is Namine Lily's little pet? I don't think so. Do what you want to do. DON'T base your thoughts on what others tell you; expecially about the DCC. How much has Lily actually gone here? I don't think she's a good source, do you? And no. About the people who come here. I'm not posting this because I'm too lazy or have no brain cells, am I? So what kind of person am I? What kind of person are you for posting here? You probably won't even see this post, but hey. That post was upsetting.

SEM: You're back? Haruhi OWNS.

ah...I hope I don't have many typos! x.x

Supreme Edgeboy Max
May 8th, 2006, 02:09 AM
Aw, you guys've gotten meaner. o o; Oh no, Chibbiez's also got a Haruhi theme. |dies|

OMG! MAX IS BACK? WHERE? I've GOTTA say "hi" to him. X3

Jack O'Neill
May 8th, 2006, 02:11 AM
To put thing's rather bluntly, Naminé is arrogant, self-righteous, smug, conceited, and just plain full of herself. There. That, plus she's Lily's *expletive deleted*.

And yes, Max is back, Chibi made a few typos (though I can't be bothered pointing them out right now), Haruhi Suzumiya > j00, and I'm currently suffering from sleep deprivation. So...baibai~

Supreme Edgeboy Max
May 8th, 2006, 02:14 AM
To put thing's rather bluntly, Naminé is arrogant, self-righteous, smug, conceited, and just plain full of herself. There. That, plus she's Lily's *expletive deleted*.

And yes, Max is back, Chibi made a few typos (though I can't be bothered pointing them out right now), Haruhi Suzumiya > j00, and I'm currently suffering from sleep deprivation. So...baibai~
|cough|JorgeIsHere|cough|

Bleh, the Haruhi ED's dance is still too weird. I can't do it. x x; Why the heck did I challenge myself to dance the dance in the first place?

Drifblim
May 8th, 2006, 02:18 AM
To show off. Like everyone else.

(One-thousandth reply on the thread. Woo.)