PDA

View Full Version : +//May Daily Chit-Chat\\+

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Ryoutarou
May 8th, 2006, 02:25 AM
Why Naminé thought that it's strange to see Mr. Chase Leader be the most recent poster in DCC, so Naminé just had to come to take a look at what he wrote... Yes DCC is indeed extremely random and strange, and it's not almost scary because it has surpassed such level already. Naminé tried to stir DCC to hopefully mix the discussion part that once existed within the old DCC in the archives, but then, suppose that just because the threads got the same name, it doesn't mean that it is made for the same function anymore...

So, like what Ms. Lily strongly advised, DCC isn't too fitting for Naminé and that she shall only hop in back and forth from the rare time to time... DCC is only meant for two kinds of people: those who lost all of their brain cells, and those who are too tired or lazy to use their brain cells~Who woke up and made you the judge of what's intelligent or not? If there's anyone not acting intelligent right now, it's you. There was absolutely no need to post such a rude comment about the people that post here, and you know that. Really, I can't wait to see what type of reply you give me. The intelligent thing would have been to obviously not post here and not waste time on typing up a post. You can't expect conversations to be the same all the time, it's foolish to think so. What's wrong with people wanting to relax and forget about the other stresses that they have? Lots of us have stress that we'd rather forget about, so we come here for a bit, and we'd rather not be insulted by someone saying that we're too lazy or just plain stupid.

The only thing you're proving with your post is that you're stuck up and that you feel the need to try and prove the inferiority of others. It's easy to see you're too quick to judge people. There was no need for you to post that comment at all. If you don't want to post in the DCC, then just don't post, seriously I want to hear a good reason as to why you felt you needed to post that. For someone who's obviously so much better than everyone else is this thread, you're the one that lacked any real intelligence or tact with that post. Why waste our time? Why waste your time? Just don't post, and don't read this thread if you really feel that we're all idiots. Don't assume that you're the officiator of higher forms of conversations.

To put thing's rather bluntly, Naminé is arrogant, self-righteous, smug, conceited, and just plain full of herself. There. That, plus she's Lily's *expletive deleted*.Cut it out.

Drifblim
May 8th, 2006, 02:26 AM
Perhaps she's only not used to such an environment. I've only seen her a week, so....

Supreme Edgeboy Max
May 8th, 2006, 02:46 AM
The only thing you're proving with your post is that you're stuck up and that you feel the need to try and prove the inferiority of others. It's easy to see you're too quick to judge people. There was no need for you to post that comment at all. If you don't want to post in the DCC, then just don't post, seriously I want to hear a good reason as to why you felt you needed to post that. For someone who's obviously so much better than everyone else is this thread, you're the one that lacked any real intelligence or tact with that post. Why waste our time? Why waste your time? Just don't post, and don't read this thread if you really feel that we're all idiots. Don't assume that you're the officiator of higher forms of conversations.
X3 That is so owned. I'd high-five Jorge now, but he won't do it. XD

|glares at Walrein| I did NOT challenge myself to show off ... x x;;
Mmph, best not to assume random things like that. > <;

parallelzero
May 8th, 2006, 03:03 AM
Oh god no ... Jackette, why do YOU have a Haruhi avatar? |cries to death| First Gian, then BusterWolf, and now you. This is a conspiracy. |plays Hare Hare Yukai and attempts to dance again|
I don't even see why that anime is so popular. It's not any different than most other anime genre, 'cept it can't hold my attention for more than 4 episodes. o.o

Supreme Edgeboy Max
May 8th, 2006, 03:10 AM
I don't even see why that anime is so popular. It's not any different than most other anime genre, 'cept it can't hold my attention for more than 4 episodes. o.o
o o; Its only the best of the new animes out there ... the story's supposedly unique. Well, a girl saying "If you're an alien, ghost or non-human being, come talk to me. I've got no interest in humans!" is kinda strange though. X3

Toothache
May 8th, 2006, 03:25 AM
Morning all, how goes? I'm not doing so good, but eh.

Greta
May 8th, 2006, 03:54 AM
o o; Its only the best of the new animes out there ... the story's supposedly unique. Well, a girl saying "If you're an alien, ghost or non-human being, come talk to me. I've got no interest in humans!" is kinda strange though. X3
~...It is strange. The story doesn't really interest me either >:.

Hello Toothache ^^. I could have been better too...>; What's the matter?;;

Toothache
May 8th, 2006, 04:05 AM
Depression's got the better of me. I couldn't face going into work this weekend, which sucks because I don't have much money as it is. I think I just need time out from work or something, I got an appointment with the doctor, I'll have a word with him and see what he thinks. Could be time to see a councillor or something.

Greta
May 8th, 2006, 04:10 AM
~Awwhs ;;!. Meh, I'm so sorry you're going through this right now..>>. Life can have its twists, as we all know. I think you'll do good to see a councillor, it can be a help ^^. Maybe you're just in need of a break...who knows?
I hope it all turns good for ya soon enough ^^;.

Toothache
May 8th, 2006, 04:13 AM
Yeah, me too. At least I'm going about it the right way, apart from not working that is. Maybe I just need a change of job, I've got sick to the back teeth with it now.

Arcanine
May 8th, 2006, 04:13 AM
Me I think it's the newest fad on PC. Seeing how every other anime out there has been "OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! This is the best anime in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111". XD

Toothache
May 8th, 2006, 04:17 AM
Hey Arcanine. Long time no see! How goes?

Arcanine
May 8th, 2006, 04:24 AM
Hey Arcanine. Long time no see! How goes?
Hey Toothy. Yea it has been some time since we last talked (I think...). I've been fine, just always really bored. XD
I'm kind of hoping that E3 will come along and change that.

D.Sephiroth
May 8th, 2006, 05:10 AM
i found this topic :P. only i'm to lazy to read it, just got back from school. (stupid frensh)

MegaFuz
May 8th, 2006, 05:47 AM
err....that was pretty spammy...try to stay on topic even though it seems there really isn't a pressing topic at the moment. :\

Anywho, how's everyone doing??

D.Sephiroth
May 8th, 2006, 05:56 AM
k, sorry.
well i'm fine, how about you?
but i have nothing to do...

Arcanine
May 8th, 2006, 05:57 AM
i found this topic :P. only i'm to lazy to read it, just got back from school. (stupid frensh)
If you're too lazy to read it then don't reply to the DCC. Because your post is spam, so don't do it again.

megafuz: I'm fine, a little bored so I'm going around PC (like always) and reading up on some stuff on GameSpot.

viridian doubletongue
May 8th, 2006, 06:54 AM
I'm kind of hoping that E3 will come along and change that.

I was just talking about E3 with a friend? Do you know when it is?

Arcanine
May 8th, 2006, 07:01 AM
E3 opens it's doors tomorrow, but today is when Sony tells about the PS3 and new games and so on (so in a way it starts today).

viridian doubletongue
May 8th, 2006, 07:04 AM
Tommorow... How come no one told me, I'm still not sure which next gen console I like more... I've only seen footage for one PS3 game, MGS4. There's nothing really amazing yet about 360, & revolution has the cool controller, but not much footage of it's use.

MegaFuz
May 8th, 2006, 07:20 AM
megafuz: I'm fine, a little bored so I'm going around PC (like always) and reading up on some stuff on GameSpot.

That's cool. I skipped some classes today cuz I'm not feelin so great. Sorry I didn't respond right away. Just taking care of some work real quick. XD

Arcanine
May 8th, 2006, 07:20 AM
Digital Mage: Well for the Wii/Rev about the only thing to show off the controller was the Metroid 2 game using the controller.
Nintendo has had everything about the system under it's hat. So seeing so many trailers, demos, sceeenshots and so on for the games of the Wii/Rev will be something big.

If you want something other then good graphics then you should look into the Wii. Because one of the main selling points for the 360 and PS3 is it's graphics (and it really doesn't make a game).

megafuz: Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. And it's ok, replies doesn't have to be made one right after another. XD

_Huggle_Bunny_
May 8th, 2006, 07:31 AM
Sup Peepz,How Is Every One Doing This Fine Day??

And Wooottt My B-day Is 2morrow.Yea

aragornbird
May 8th, 2006, 07:35 AM
~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Aww, I hope you get well soon, megafuz! =(

Anyways, good morning, everyone!

MegaFuz
May 8th, 2006, 07:38 AM
Good morning AB. And thanks. XD How are you doing??

aragornbird
May 8th, 2006, 07:39 AM

I am fine. Although I have an art critique today, which shouldn’t happen cause I’m on summer break. But since I haven’t presented last Friday, the professor decided to move it to today. =\

Supreme Edgeboy Max
May 8th, 2006, 07:48 AM
|cough|DrawASpleen|cough|
Good .. eve'somethin', DCC. Its 9.47pm. What's everyone upto now?

Arcanine
May 8th, 2006, 07:50 AM
But it's not 9:47 pm. XD

And I'm trying to DL the FFVII: AC OST. Doing it on dial-up really really sucks.

MegaFuz
May 8th, 2006, 08:04 AM

I am fine. Although I have an art critique today, which shouldn’t happen cause I’m on summer break. But since I haven’t presented last Friday, the professor decided to move it to today. =\

That's rough.

|cough|DrawASpleen|cough|
Good .. eve'somethin', DCC. Its 9.47pm. What's everyone upto now?

It's 12:03pm where I am. So...afternoon here. XD

And I'm trying to DL the FFVII: AC OST. Doing it on dial-up really really sucks.

Dialup definately sucks. I just got my cable hooked up again 2 weeks ago. I don't know how I survived with out it. o_O

Supreme Edgeboy Max
May 8th, 2006, 08:06 AM

It is for me! Well, its 10.06pm now.

Oh my, the Advent Children OST, where are you downloading it from Andy?

aragornbird
May 8th, 2006, 08:27 AM

Haha, dial-up, how did you end up getting stuck with that?

I liked FFVII: AC, even though I wished it had more magic in it.

Emma
May 8th, 2006, 08:33 AM
Dial-up was the worst thing that ever happened to me >.<, It just wouldn't load, and when it did my computer froze and slowed EVERYTHING down XD Until.. I discovered broadband !

Supreme Edgeboy Max
May 8th, 2006, 08:35 AM

Haha, dial-up, how did you end up getting stuck with that?

I liked FFVII: AC, even though I wished it had more magic in it.

Don't diss dialup. X3 Its what makes Max run.
And like, AC's been the one most pwning animated movie I've ever seen. I <3 the opening battle on the bikes. Awh, pure pure eyecandy with sweetness. I wish Sephiroth would've had more .. evilness in him than just ONE battle at the end.

aragornbird
May 8th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Don't diss dialup. X3 Its what makes Max run.
And like, AC's been the one most pwning animated movie I've ever seen. I <3 the opening battle on the bikes. Awh, pure pure eyecandy with sweetness. I wish Sephiroth would've had more .. evilness in him than just ONE battle at the end.

Haha, Max, you have dial-up too, hahahaha. xD

Yeah, I agree, as far as 3D animation goes, that was one of the best animated movies especially in its daring attempt to mimic real life.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
May 8th, 2006, 08:46 AM

Yeah, I agree, as far as 3D animation goes, that was one of the best animated movies especially in its daring attempt to mimic real life.

|glares at Bird| Ohh, you asked for this. |bites Bird|

Mmph, AC is better than anything so far. Its the definition of animation. |keeps gnawing on Bird|

Drummershuff
May 8th, 2006, 08:52 AM

I used to have dial up too.

Anyway, Hi all. Got the day off school tommorow. ;D And it's my cousins birthday.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
May 8th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Oh boy, at this rate, my signature will be totally fudged up .. |points at the new Yellow addition to the signature| See? Someday I'll have SUCH a weird signature, that it'll be the best in all of PC.

Drummershuff
May 8th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Yeah, it certainly is different. o_O;

Chairman Kaga
May 8th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Blast; I went to bed too early. Could've had a good row with Paul and Naminé.

Isn't it less about discovering broadband and more about finally being able to afford it? I'm not on dial-up because I don't know about anything else, it's because I can't foot middle-class internet.

Dawg 2005
May 8th, 2006, 12:16 PM
Dial-up was the worst thing that ever happened to me >.<, It just wouldn't load, and when it did my computer froze and slowed EVERYTHING down XD Until.. I discovered broadband !
I have teh cable interwebs. XD

I made my knee worse. >.<

Joey the Cockroach
May 8th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Hey! Speedy Sonic is back, and i decided i would hang around for a long time now, as long as nobody makes me go again, as i will go altogether, and not come back ever again.

Dawg 2005
May 8th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Hey! Speedy Sonic is back, and i decided i would hang around for a long time now, as long as nobody makes me go again, as i will go altogether, and not come back ever again.
Contribute to the topic. >>

I'm going to get on my computer now. Stupid laptop. XD

Joey the Cockroach
May 8th, 2006, 12:25 PM
look, i aint in the mood for this, ive already had a bad day, as i chucked a few chairs at people, cos they made me angry. >.<

aragornbird
May 8th, 2006, 12:41 PM
look, i aint in the mood for this, ive already had a bad day, as i chucked a few chairs at people, cos they made me angry. >.<

That’s fine, but we’re talking about internet connections now.

The internet at my college has like random times where it disconnects and for some reason, it doesn’t like PC very much. Otherwise, I’m quite happy with it.

Chibi-chan
May 8th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Ah! I love my new theme~~ It's just about the best one yet!

I have a broadband connection! ^o^

aragornbird
May 8th, 2006, 01:12 PM

All anime themes look the same to me. -_-

Are you going to type in bold, too?

MegaFuz
May 8th, 2006, 01:20 PM
All anime themes look the same to me. -_-

Good call. Every time I post in the 'Rate The Signature' thread I get docked points by people because there is no 'character' in my theme. -_-

aragornbird
May 8th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Good call. Every time I post in the 'Rate The Signature' thread I get docked points by people because there is no 'character' in my theme. -_-

Which is dumb. Abstract themes can be just as good (or better) than those with real things in them.

Zelos
May 8th, 2006, 01:39 PM
I happen to agree with AB and megafuz...Although I do like anime themes, abstract things can be just as enjoyable to look at, in my opinion anyway. For instance, megafuz's them looks good to me simply because it's so intriguing and eye-catching...

Kura
May 8th, 2006, 01:46 PM

I have a cable connection~
:3 And ooh <3 *glomps Chibi-pu* <3 I love your theme, too <3 <3~

I agree as well~ <3 Megafuz's theme is beautiful :3 <3

MegaFuz
May 8th, 2006, 02:25 PM
I have a cable connection~
:3 And ooh <3 *glomps Chibi-pu* <3 I love your theme, too <3 <3~

I agree as well~ <3 Megafuz's theme is beautiful :3 <3

Why thank you!! XD

And thanks to Tempest as well. o_O

Chibi-chan
May 8th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Thanks Kura! ^-^ I still don't know how you can keep a theme like that for so long!<3

What's the matter with bold o.o?

Kura
May 8th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Thanks Kura! ^-^ I still don't know how you can keep a theme like that for so long!<3

*shrugs* @@ I like it~
Besides, X3; I'm too lazy to change it~~

:3 LOOKIT!! I DREW ROXAS!!!111eleven! (http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b314/ichigo_kura/cf3307c5.png)

it's not done yet, though..

Megafuz: :3 You're welcome <3

MegaFuz
May 8th, 2006, 02:29 PM

Theme 'like that'?? What's that supposed to mean?? XD

Chibi-chan
May 8th, 2006, 02:30 PM
That's amazing Kura!! o.o
I still don't know how to do a CG. I'll figure it out some day.

Megafuz: I meant 'You keep one theme for a really long time'

Dawg 2005
May 8th, 2006, 02:31 PM
*shrugs* @@ I like it~

:3 LOOKIT!! I DREW ROXAS!!!111eleven! (http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b314/ichigo_kura/cf3307c5.png)

That's really good even though I have no idea who it is. XD

Kura
May 8th, 2006, 02:32 PM
That's amazing Kura!! o.o
I still don't know how to do a CG. I'll figure it out some day.

Megafuz: I meant 'You keep one theme for a really long time'

@@ Guh, you were referring to him?
X3 I thought you meant me~ Sorry~

X3 Thanks though <3 <3
@@ Yeah, I've been working on it for 3 hours so far >>; I don't have a tablet so I have to use the polygonal lasso tool to make a nice edged selection ._.;;
And I'm trying out a new colouring style, too~

I LOVE HOW VIBRANT THE COLOURS ARE IN PS~ <3

John: http://www.kh2.co.uk/image.php?view=kh2/artwork/roxas.png <-- official art~ o.o He's from Kingdom Hearts II~
And thanks <33

Jack O'Neill
May 8th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Roxas brings shame to his namesake (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_Roxas).

Dawg 2005
May 8th, 2006, 02:35 PM

X3 Thanks though <3 <3
@@ Yeah, I've been working on it for 3 hours so far >>; I don't have a tablet so I have to use the polygonal lasso tool to make a nice edged selection ._.;;

John: http://www.kh2.co.uk/image.php?view=kh2/artwork/roxas.png <-- official art~ o.o He's from Kingdom Hearts II~
And thanks <33
Then it's really really good! XD

Rofl, Jack.

Zelos
May 8th, 2006, 02:36 PM
*shrugs* @@ I like it~

Wow...that's an excellent drawing, can't wait to see the rest...=D

Kura
May 8th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Roxas brings shame to his namesake (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_Roxas).

@@ Jeeze, Jack. What'd you expect? Not everyone in the world has one name >>; there are multiple Rachels, Amandas, Yukis, etc.

X3 Awwh, thanks guys :3~ *feels really proud and happy now* <3 <3 <3

After I'm done Roxas, I'm gonna draw Kadaj or Reno <3~

Chibi-chan
May 8th, 2006, 02:43 PM

X3 Thanks though <3 <3

And thanks <33
I was referring to you XD

Jack, that's like saying Jynx gives a bad name to tribe dancers in Africa...>_>

Dawg 2005
May 8th, 2006, 02:43 PM
@@ Jeeze, Jack. What'd you expect? Not everyone in the world has one name >>; there are multiple Rachels, Amandas, Yukis, etc.

X3 Awwh, thanks guys :3~ *feels really proud and happy now* <3 <3 <3

After I'm done Roxas, I'm gonna draw Kadaj or Reno <3~
*Coughormecough* XD

I keep hearing about those protests on tv. Half of them don't know what they're protesting about. XP

Chibi-chan
May 8th, 2006, 02:45 PM
If I may refer to the past topic, I haven't changed my location since I joined! =D It's the only thing I haven't changed! XD

Kura
May 8th, 2006, 02:45 PM
*Coughormecough* XD

I keep hearing about those protests on tv. Half of them don't know what they're protesting about. XP

Half of them don't know what they're protesting against? o__o; that;s so ridiculous!!

http://amami.exteen.com/images/kadaj/kadaj2.jpg
KADAJ <3 <3 ~~

edit: o_o I just noticed, I have to change my location~

Dawg 2005
May 8th, 2006, 02:47 PM
If I may refer to the past topic, I haven't changed my location since I joined! =D It's the only thing I haven't changed! XD
Are you serious? O___O What about your name? XD

Chibi-chan
May 8th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Are you serious? O___O What about your name? XD
Yes, I had an old username ^^; it's not even in the namechanging list! XD

MegaDitto
May 8th, 2006, 02:54 PM
XDD

I think you are right. But I think you had something before that...

Dawg 2005
May 8th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Yes, I had an old username ^^; it's not even in the namechanging list! XD
And that name was? XD

Did you ever find out what mine was? XD

Jack O'Neill
May 8th, 2006, 02:56 PM
1. Ichigo Momomiya or Ichigo Kurosaki?
2. Sakura Kinomoto or Sakura Haruno?
3. Shinn Asuka, Asuka Tachibana, or Asuka Langley Soryu?
4. Rei Hino or Rei Ayanami?
5. Kazuma Torisuna or Kazuma Kuwabara?
6. Motoko Kusanagi or Motoko Aoyama?
7. Koushiro Izumi, Izumi Orimoto, or Izumi Curtis?
8. Ami Mizuno or Suzume Mizuno?
9. Daisuke Jigen, Daisuke Motomiya, Daisuke Niwa, or Daisuke Aramaki?
10. Sousuke Aizen or Sousuke Sagara?
11. Shinji Ikari or Shinji Kazama?
12. Kaname Tosen or Kaname Chidori?
13. Sousuke Sagara or Sagara Sanosuke?
14. Izuru Kira or Kira Yamato?
15. Kira Yamato or Yamato Ishida?
16. Yamato Ishida or Uryu Ishida?
17. Yukishiro Tomoe or Hotaru Tomoe?
18. Mint Aizawa or Mint Blancmanche?
19. Orihime Inoue or Miyako Inoue?
20. Haku (Naruto) or Haku (Spirited Away)?
21. Riku (Kingdom Hearts) or Riku Harada?
22. Haruka (Pokemon) or Haruka Tenoh?
23. Kaede (Inuyasha) or Kaede Fuyou?
24. Ed Elric or Ed Wong?
25. Kagura (Inuyasha) or Kagura Sohma?

For the record, my location is in a constant state of flux.

Chibi-chan
May 8th, 2006, 03:01 PM
XDD

I think you are right. But I think you had something before that...
Before KC? If I did, I don't think I know ._.;

Dawg: ....I'm finding it! XD

1. Ichigo Kurosaki
2. Sakura Haruno?
3. Asuka Langley Soryu?
4. Rei Ayanami?
5. Kazuma Kuwabara?
6. Motoko Kusanagi
7. Izumi Curtis?
8. Suzume Mizuno?
9. Daisuke Jigen?
10. Sousuke Sagara?
11. Shinji Ikari
12. Kaname Tosen
13. Sousuke Sagara
14. Kira Yamato?
15. Kira Yamato
16. Yamato Ishida
17. Hotaru Tomoe?
18. Mint Blancmanche?
19. Orihime Inoue
20.Haku (Spirited Away)?
21. Riku (Kingdom Hearts)
22. Haruka (Pokemon)
23. Kaede (Inuyasha)
24. Ed Elric
25. Kagura (Inuyasha)

We could also do this for American character names, you know. It's not just like they ran out of names; they're just common I guess.

Dawg 2005
May 8th, 2006, 03:03 PM
1. Ichigo Momomiya or Ichigo Kurosaki?
2. Sakura Kinomoto or Sakura Haruno?
3. Shinn Asuka, Asuka Tachibana, or Asuka Langley Soryu?
4. Rei Hino or Rei Ayanami?
5. Kazuma Torisuna or Kazuma Kuwabara?
6. Motoko Kusanagi or Motoko Aoyama?
7. Koushiro Izumi, Izumi Orimoto, or Izumi Curtis?
8. Ami Mizuno or Suzume Mizuno?
9. Daisuke Jigen, Daisuke Motomiya, Daisuke Niwa, or Daisuke Aramaki?
10. Sousuke Aizen or Sousuke Sagara?
11. Shinji Ikari or Shinji Kazama?
12. Kaname Tosen or Kaname Chidori?
13. Sousuke Sagara or Sagara Sanosuke?
14. Izuru Kira or Kira Yamato?
15. Kira Yamato or Yamato Ishida?
16. Yamato Ishida or Uryu Ishida?
17. Yukishiro Tomoe or Hotaru Tomoe?
18. Mint Aizawa or Mint Blancmanche?
19. Orihime Inoue or Miyako Inoue?
20. Haku (Naruto) or Haku (Spirited Away)?
21. Riku (Kingdom Hearts) or Riku Harada?
22. Haruka (Pokemon) or Haruka Tenoh?
23. Kaede (Inuyasha) or Kaede Fuyou?
24. Ed Elric or Ed Wong?
25. Kagura (Inuyasha) or Kagura Sohma?

For the record, my location is in a constant state of flux.
Why do you know so much? XD

You don't remember? XD

Jack O'Neill
May 8th, 2006, 03:04 PM
1. Ichigo Kurosaki
2. Sakura Haruno
3. Asuka Langley Soryu
4. Rei Ayanami
5. Kazuma Torisuna
6. Motoko Kusanagi
7. Izumi Curtis
8. Ami Mizuno
9. Daisuke Jigen
10. Sousuke Sagara
11. Shinji Kazama
12. Kaname Chidori
13. Sousuke Sagara
14. Kira Yamato
15. Kira Yamato
16. Uryu Ishida
17. Hotaru Tomoe
18. Mint Blancmanche
19. Orihime Inoue
20. Haku (Naruto)
21. Riku Harada
22. Haruka (Pokemon)
23. Kaede Fuyou
24. Ed Elric
25. Kagura Sohma

Dawg 2005
May 8th, 2006, 03:46 PM
1. Ichigo Kurosaki
2. Sakura Haruno
3. Asuka Langley Soryu
4. Rei Ayanami
5. Kazuma Torisuna
6. Motoko Kusanagi
7. Izumi Curtis
8. Ami Mizuno
9. Daisuke Jigen
10. Sousuke Sagara
11. Shinji Kazama
12. Kaname Chidori
13. Sousuke Sagara
14. Kira Yamato
15. Kira Yamato
16. Uryu Ishida
17. Hotaru Tomoe
18. Mint Blancmanche
19. Orihime Inoue
20. Haku (Naruto)
21. Riku Harada
22. Haruka (Pokemon)
23. Kaede Fuyou
24. Ed Elric
25. Kagura Sohma
I don't know who most of those characters are. XD

*Reviveth the DCC...eth*

Chibi-chan
May 8th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Time for a topic change! ^_~

My profile picture is awesome~

Btw, if you're lurking Namine, please read what Jack and I had to say about your post this morning.

Oh poo! Do I have to do a posting campaign or something?! ;O; Read the first page people!

WE'LL NEVER MAKE IT TO 10K LIKE THIS!!!! ;___;

Ryoutarou
May 8th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Btw, if you're lurking Namine, please read what Jack and I had to say about your post this morning.
Cut that out, it's just going to cause problems.

Jack O'Neill
May 8th, 2006, 04:34 PM
I doubt that Naminé will even bother reading our replies.

Chibi-chan
May 8th, 2006, 04:35 PM
I wasn't flaming or anything, just making a point.

Someone do something....Ragnarok's down and I've got nothing to do but study about Arthropods...;o;

You should rewatch Ben-Hur, Jorge. I love that movie~

Dawg 2005
May 8th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Well you could try playing RuneScape. XD

Chibi-chan
May 8th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Well you could try playing RuneScape. XD
Ew ._.; Ragnarok>All
Too many MORPGS confuse me XD

Jack O'Neill
May 8th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Ragnarok and Runescape are both overrated. Go play StarCraft, Warcraft III, Call of Duty 2, Battlefield 2, or Counter-Strike.

Ryoutarou
May 8th, 2006, 04:41 PM
You should rewatch Ben-Hur, Jorge. I love that movie~
I've seen it like three times, I never really liked it. I don't feel like watching it another time. XD

On a message board far far away, in a time somewhat long ago, there was once a bet between the staff. A bet so grand that it would shake the very foundation of the board. It was somewhat like the gentleman's bet, in the end, I won the bet. I ended up staying a girl for over a year, fooling hundreds of members into thinking I really was a girl, the girl that lost to me was a guy for 11 months. Such an act of gender changing was then known as "Pulling a Mihara"...that should spark some conversation...probably not the best, but it's conversation.

Chibi-chan
May 8th, 2006, 04:44 PM
I could never 'Pull A Mihara'. I'm too emotional IMO XD
Every other post screams 'feminine' in one way or another...

Ryoutarou
May 8th, 2006, 04:45 PM
I could never 'Pull A Mihara'. I'm too emotional IMO XD
Every other post screams 'feminine' in one way or another...Yeah, it was really hard to pull it off for over a year, I had to trade notes with one of the female mods...not something I'd want to do again, but at least I'll be remembered for something other than being a staff member there. XD

Chibi-chan
May 8th, 2006, 04:47 PM
What exactly is a note? o.o They seem like invisible sticky notes on the back of unknowing members to me o.o;

Dawg 2005
May 8th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Yeah, it was really hard to pull it off for over a year, I had to trade notes with one of the female mods...not something I'd want to do again, but at least I'll be remembered for something other than being a staff member there. XD
I have no idea who Mihara is. XD

Ryoutarou
May 8th, 2006, 04:49 PM
What exactly is a note? o.o They seem like invisible sticky notes on the back of unknowing members to me o.o;Random PMs and IMs telling each other how to act male/female. See, at that board, most of the members are over 18 so the female members over there don't act as girly as the ones do here. That actually made it harder because I couldn't do the generic girly stuff since it would look fake.

I have no idea who Mihara is. XD
My old username on PC and that other board.

Jack O'Neill
May 8th, 2006, 04:51 PM
I dabble in infiltration techniques. Pulling a Mihara could be possible for me, albeit excruciatingly difficult... XD

Dawg 2005
May 8th, 2006, 04:52 PM
[font=arial]My old username on PC and that other board.
Oh. Okay then. XD

I don't know if I should get a cell phone or not. =/

Chibi-chan
May 8th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Random PMs and IMs telling each other who to act male/female. See, at that board, most of the members are over 18 so the female members over there don't act as girly as the ones do here. That actually made it harder because I couldn't do the generic girly stuff since it would look fake.

My old username on PC and that other board.
That does sound freaky...and hard o.o You must have a lot of patience too XD

You are vet enough to remember Jorge's old name, MBF. ;o

Dawg 2005
May 8th, 2006, 04:53 PM
You are vet enough to remember Jorge's old name, MBF. ;o
Don't call me that. XD Am I really? I was a giant noob then, so I didn't pay attention to anything. XD

Ryoutarou
May 8th, 2006, 04:53 PM
I dabble in infiltration techniques. Pulling a Mihara could be possible for me, albeit excruciatingly difficult... XDLike you would not believe...it's so much harder when you actually have to act like a real woman. XD

That does sound freaky...and hard o.o You must have a lot of patience too XDSomething like that, it was just fun to see who could go the longest, out of the five mods/s-mods that were in it, the shortest amount of time someone changed genders was 5 months.

Arcanine
May 8th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Ragnarok and Runescape are both overrated. Go play StarCraft, Warcraft III, Call of Duty 2, Battlefield 2, or Counter-Strike.
I want Battlefield 2 soooo bad. I got BF2: MC but I know Battlefield 2 is far better.
I just with I had a computer that could play it. O_o

Jack O'Neill
May 8th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Andrew made a post that didn't have "XD" in it! *gaspeth* Hell hath officially frozen over! XD

aragornbird
May 8th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Andrew made a post that didn't have "XD" in it! *gaspeth* Hell hath officially frozen over! XD

Ah well, his O_o makes a nice substitute. There’s something about an O_o that’s very intriguing, yes?

MegaFuz
May 8th, 2006, 05:20 PM

Ah well, his O_o makes a nice substitute. There’s something about an O_o that’s very intriguing, yes?

The o_O has become my favorite face of late. It is indeed very intriguing.

Arcanine
May 8th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Andrew made a post that didn't have "XD" in it! *gaspeth* Hell hath officially frozen over! XDYou need to talk to me more. Because not every post I make has "XD" in it. XD

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~ I use "O_o" a good bit on MSN and some of my other posts on PC. XD

Lily
May 8th, 2006, 05:26 PM
*reads last few pages* Can I like, explain a few things? Pertaining to Naminé? 'Cause this is bothering me. A lot. o_o;

First of all, I understand you all apparently are in dissonance with the way Naminé posts - not only that, but her supposed 'superior' attitude and the way she critically analyzes the DCC. But please, bear in mind her type of environment most likely is composed of what she is used to: reasonable, thought-provoking, intelligent topics and of the like (vaguely going off..). DCC is infamous for its long-hour chats and mostly your typical type of conversations, but somehow the reason why it's known seems to be exaggerated in her mind, i.e. she does emphasize greatly on the insignificance of it all. She questions and inquires, and as I have talked to her before, she thinks mildly of your prior disagreements. Please, please refrain from blaming/victimizing her, as this would be wholly my fault as I insisted she and I chat in DCC. Somehow, things simply turned out this way.

PS: And Chibi, she's not my pet. You obviously have no idea what our relationship is, nor do you have any right to exclude me simply because I don't cling on to the DCC 24/7. I've had my fair share of time spent here. I have my fair share of knowledge.

But please...pet? That's going a little too far.

K..that's all for now, I guess. x_x

*goes away*

Drifblim
May 8th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Well, Lily, they officially scared her off.

Back to the drawing board again, chaps.

MegaDitto
May 8th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Well, Lily, they officially scared her off.

Back to the drawing board again, chaps.
Your accent sometimes scares me.

Where was that drawing board in the first place?

Drifblim
May 8th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Your accent sometimes scares me.

Where was that drawing board in the first place?Just forget it and move along....

MegaDitto
May 8th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Just forget it and move along....
You are offended?

*pats Crystal Walrein and apologizes*

Jack O'Neill
May 8th, 2006, 06:06 PM
DCC is only meant for two kinds of people: those who lost all of their brain cells, and those who are too tired or lazy to use their brain cells~
Don't tell me that that doesn't sound pretentious, haughty, arrogant, self-righteous, and/or just downright insulting.

In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember Naminé for insulting my intelligence. I've been teased for my physical shortcomings, but insinuating that I'm brain dead is just plain pushing it too far.

Besides, she only joined last month. What right does she have to lord her illusory superiority over her seniors? She's but a small fry compared to the rest of us. Sorry if I come off being elitist, but it's the truth. Naminé simply has no right to barge into a thread she considers to be below her, tell off some of the board's most respected members by calling them a bunch of brain-dead losers, and then flee like a little coward. The innate hypocrisy by itself is downright appalling.

Naminé
May 8th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Let's not get unrelated harmless people like Mr. Crystal Walrein or Ms. Lily into this matter. Though Naminé appreciates Mr. Crystal Walrein and Ms. Lily's concerns about her wellbeing, it's probably best to let Naminé post for herself. Afterall, they shouldn't lower their social status to associate with someone with such small numbers within her PC profile. Thank you for caring, though.

For Ms. Chibi-chan's reminder about the posts in the morning, Naminé read the post a long while ago in the afternoon when she came back from school, but at that time DCC already moved on to yet, another new topic for the day. So, she thought that it would be best to simply leave the matter. In theory, as long as Naminé doesn't post anything in the DCC until she struck a rare moment when she reads something that completely interests her, and then post at late night to avoid the other members, things might have been fine. Guess that Naminé's thinking is overly simplistic, and she would have to confront things directly...

Naminé had a bad day which resulted in her being highly moody for the entire last Sunday. Her self control is weak and inexperienced with her own emotions, and she said somethings that she really shouldn't... She should have realized that there are many different worlds out there, each with preferences of their own. Naminé shouldn't have forced her beliefs among those around her here in the DCC. Please pardon Naminé and accept her apologies for her terrible hauntiness, undying hubris, unjustified pharisaicalness and the total incapablility to detect the changing times and atmosphere within the DCC itself.

And in order to ensure that this post ends the entire mess, it is preferable if no one quotes this post or comment on it any further... Read it, and nod if one decides to pardon Naminé's foolishness, or unleash the fits of rightful rage at Naminé via PM instead of posting in DCC further.

Naminé shall not interfere with the DCC's growing future any further... She'll read the posts in DCC occassionally by herself, and rely on private messages in order to comment on posts in DCC if she is so strongly interested.

Alright, alright, let the world move on now...

Kura
May 8th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Don't tell me that that doesn't sound pretentious, haughty, arrogant, self-righteous, and/or just downright insulting.

In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember Naminé for insulting my intelligence. I've been teased for my physical shortcomings, but insinuating that I'm brain dead is just plain pushing it too far.

Besides, she only joined last month. What right does she have to lord her illusory superiority over her seniors? She's but a small fry compared to the rest of us. Sorry if I come off being elitist, but it's the truth. Naminé simply has no right to barge into a thread she considers to be below her, tell off some of the board's most respected members by calling them a bunch of brain-dead losers, and then flee like a little coward. The innate hypocrisy by itself is downright appalling.

@@ Uh, guys, please don't flamebait
o.o Namine, please stop posting about how the DCC is lowly. If you feel that this is true, why do you continue to even state it? It makes people feel stupid.. and it's not nice at all, so please stop.
I know you're trying to encourage better discussion in here, but putting people down like that isn't the way to do it.
If you have any suggestion on how to make the DCC better, just simply PM me and I'll listen to you o.o I really will take your thoughts to heart~

@@ But yeah, guys, please don't start anything, kay?

Anyways o.o how is everyone? <3

Edit: ;o; awwh, you're still allowed to post Namine!! I love listening to your outlook on stuff~ ;o; puu~~

Lily
May 8th, 2006, 06:41 PM
The consecutive posts really didn't match...>P A very nice post, Naminé. I say no more, but don't let this discourage you from posting in the future. ^_^

My day was fine, thank you. =3

edit; I read 'how is everyone' as 'how is everyone's day...' ;o;

aragornbird
May 8th, 2006, 06:43 PM

I missed the argument. O_o
Anyways, I suppose we are moving onto a more positive discussion topic now?

My day was fine too, and it’s still not over yet. There’s plenty of things to do after midnight.

Drifblim
May 8th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Personally, I pardon you. I'll post your response on the blog now.

Ryoutarou
May 8th, 2006, 06:48 PM

I missed the argument. O_o
Anyways, I suppose we are moving onto a more positive discussion topic now?

My day was fine too, and it’s still not over yet. There’s plenty of things to do after midnight.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~ Rather pointless argument to begin with~

My day was kind of boring, an old actress I really admired died and then I got sick for the most the day so I had to stay in bed. o_o

aragornbird
May 8th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Rather pointless argument to begin with~

My day was kind of boring, an old actress I really admired died and then I got sick for the most the day so I had to stay in bed. o_o

Really? O_o
I know that Mary Bergman, a voice-over actress for South Park, died last week. Don’t know of any who died today.

Hope you get better!

Ryoutarou
May 8th, 2006, 07:16 PM

Really? O_o
I know that Mary Bergman, a voice-over actress for South Park, died last week. Don’t know of any who died today.

Hope you get better!

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~ Machiko Soga, she's a Japanese VA and actress. Doubt anyone's heard of her here though. XD

And thanks, I'm already getting a little better, but I probably just need to sleep more now.

Arcanine
May 8th, 2006, 07:17 PM
I'm fine, other then being royally pissed at Sony. I guess for once I'm not too bored. XD

Chibi-chan
May 9th, 2006, 02:14 AM
Ah, if only I had the time to write a couple paragraphs on the convo I missed last night~ But school awaits and Kura told me not to :x

I hate waking up at 5 every morning -.-; It's insane...

Drifblim
May 9th, 2006, 02:38 AM
It's nothing. I've been up then several times.

Still, good news to see that I'm an administrator for the forums at one of the first sites I ever registered at.

Toothache
May 9th, 2006, 03:27 AM
I'm fine, other then being royally pissed at Sony. I guess for once I'm not too bored. XD

Why, what have Sony done to upset you, Arcy?

Arcanine
May 9th, 2006, 05:10 AM
Why, what have Sony done to upset you, Arcy?
Jorfe put it best.
"Blue says:
Basically they jacked the Wii's control"

What Sony did was more or less take the Wii's idea for the controller. The PS3 controller is movable (sort of like the Wii's). But later on Samurai X (he's good with that sort of stuff XD) came along and said that about the only thing the PS3 controller can do is something like "Kirby Tilt and Tumble" for the GBA (you know how you turn it one way and Kirby will go that way, it'll be the same for the PS3 controller).

Dawson
May 9th, 2006, 05:22 AM
You actually weren't expecting something like that from Sony? They've been blatantly ripping off Nintendo for years. Though, admittedly, I thought they'd at least wait until the PS4 before they stole Nintendo's free motion technology. Nintendo should've put a patent on it, like they did with the D-Pad.

Toothache
May 9th, 2006, 05:23 AM
It's unfair, but such is the way things go. With the PS3 coming out before the Wii, they will be able to get away with it, even though Nintendo came up with the idea first. It's a matter for the patent office, I guess.

Arcanine
May 9th, 2006, 05:26 AM
I'm way ahead of you Dawson. Here's a small part of a post of mine last night in the Nintendo Fan Club " We all knew this was going to happen when the remote first came out.".

I really thought Sony was going to take it this gen, they didn't wait till the PS2 came out before getting analog sticks and the rumble pack.

Toothy: Shockingly Nintendo doesn't care. They had someone on CNN today and they said "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery". So there you have it.

Toothache
May 9th, 2006, 05:29 AM
It's not like they can do much about it, if they didn't patent it (and patenting something takes several years I believe), so they have to seem like they accept it.

Arcanine
May 9th, 2006, 05:37 AM
It's gaming so there's not really any rules on it. Even if they had a patent on it all Sony has to do is change it around a little and say "This is something different" (and it is) and go with that.
But I will say that the FFXIII trailer looked really really sweet.

Jack O'Neill
May 9th, 2006, 06:18 AM
They're already on FInal Fantasy XIII? O.o;

Some "Final" Fantasy that is. XD

_Huggle_Bunny_
May 9th, 2006, 06:20 AM
Sup People Of Tha DCC???Any One See The E3 Sony Press Conference Last Night??I Did And They Are Gona Have A Hard Road Ahead Of Them.

And Woootttt Its My 18th B-day 2 Day.^_^

Arcanine
May 9th, 2006, 06:21 AM
Yea Final Fantasy XII isn't out here in the US yet, but yesterday Square came out and FFXIII was in their list of new games.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XIII

Yea they're really good on making a fianl Final Fantasy game. XD

_Huggle_Bunny_
May 9th, 2006, 06:25 AM
Yea,The FF XIII Looked Perty Good,And So Did The Gundam Game,And Heavenly Sword,

But I Do Think Sony Has Jumped The Gun On Starting A FF XIII So Soon,But That Just Me.

And MGS 4 Looked Really Really Good.

Suxs That Sony Kinda Copyed People.

*EDIT

If You did see The E3 yesterday then nvm on what is aid

Arcanine
May 9th, 2006, 06:31 AM
No they didn't jump the gun on an FF title. It'll be a year or two before it comes out anyway. And Square/Sony knew they needed to get everyone excited about a Final Fantasy title on the PS3 (and they did).

MegaFuz
May 9th, 2006, 06:43 AM
Sup People Of Tha DCC???Any One See The E3 Sony Press Conference Last Night??I Did And They Are Gona Have A Hard Road Ahead Of Them.

And Woootttt Its My 18th B-day 2 Day.^_^

Happy Birthday Huggle Bunny!!

*throws confetti into the air*

Hope you have a great day. o.O

_Huggle_Bunny_
May 9th, 2006, 06:56 AM
Yea i Do 2,And Its kinda been shadowed by that Sony Press Con lastnight.

Man They Droped The Ball On A Ton of Stuff.And Yea IMO It Is Cause They Havnt Even Released FF XII In The US Yet.

Kura
May 9th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Happy Birthday Huggle Bunny!!

*throws confetti into the air*

Hope you have a great day. o.O

:3 Kura says happy birthday to you, too, Huggle Bunny!! <3 May you have an awesome day today <33~

@@ I'm not really up-to-date with Sony and Nintendo stuff ._.;; They keep changing everything.. so I told myself that I wouldn't bother thinking about it until they finalize everything @@;;~~

Arcanine
May 9th, 2006, 09:46 AM
If you want Nintendo stuff Kura then go to the Nintendo Fan Club. We'll be talking a good bit about Nintendo games, the Wii, DS and so on.

Kura
May 9th, 2006, 09:55 AM
If you want Nintendo stuff Kura then go to the Nintendo Fan Club. We'll be talking a good bit about Nintendo games, the Wii, DS and so on.
@@ Don't I have to be part of the club in order to post there? ._.
*doesn't remember if she joined up for it or not* .. neh~

aragornbird
May 9th, 2006, 09:59 AM

X_X

I refuse to call it the Wii. Revolution 4evar!!!!!1111
Seriously, if I ever get it, I’m gonna write “Revolution” on a piece of tape and put it over the Wii part.

viridian doubletongue
May 9th, 2006, 10:02 AM
That tennis playing with the wii controller looked really fun.

Arcanine
May 9th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Kura: No you don't have to be a member. XD

AB: I don't see what's the big deal with the name. I mean it's just a name. XD

Mage: Did it? I don't have DSL so I couldn't watch it.

viridian doubletongue
May 9th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Rotten luck Arcanine. I also hate the name 'wii' could be taken in the wrong way.

Arcanine
May 9th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Yea I know, not having DSL/Cable sucks.
And the only people taking it the wrong way is people wanting to take it the wrong way. I'm not going to sit here saying "I'm not going to say Wii because it has a double meaning". I don't mind the name, it's a name.

aragornbird
May 9th, 2006, 10:29 AM

A name is so much more than just a name, especially for a game console. When Nintendo changed there last console from Dolphin to Gamecube, that was a good move. When Ninty changed it from Revolution to Wii, you just can’t help but ask “Why?!?

Arcanine
May 9th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Many reasons, copyright stuff, Nintendo and their crazy names, and Revolution only tells what it'll do and other things.
They went with Wii and they made the right choice. You guys might not agree but I do think "Wii" sounds better then "Revolution" when it comes to a system name (you need something that stands out).

viridian doubletongue
May 9th, 2006, 10:40 AM
But it is hard to believe that wii is the best thing they could come up with.

aragornbird
May 9th, 2006, 10:44 AM
But it is hard to believe that wii is the best thing they could come up with.

Agree, and I think the vast majority of gamers would agree with that as well. The console is cool no doubt, but it’s hard to take it seriously with a name like that. =\

Sammi
May 9th, 2006, 10:49 AM
When Ninty changed it from Revolution to Wii, you just can’t help but ask “Why?!?

OMG! That totally reminds me of Foxtrot!
http://www.foxtrot.com/
Read it, it pwns. ;D

...anyway, I personally like the name. It's fun. ;D But yeah, I can see why alot of people are going oO over it. It's a diffrent name.

Arcanine
May 9th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Is it? I mean they want people to get together and play. So the two "i" in there signifies two people. And it could also mean the shape of the controller.

Chairman Kaga
May 9th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Actually, Nintendo's never had a "crazy" system name before this. Nintendo Entertainment System and Super Nintendo Entertainment System were straightforward enough; Nintendo Sixty-Four was self-explanatory given you knew the bit capacity of the system, Gamecube was simplistic and fitting. Even Game Boy, Virtual Boy, and Dual-Screen were acceptable names; this is actually the first Nintendo system to not have a name that pertains to any aspect of the console; even Revolution had this fault, as it was a name that pandered directly to the pro-"innovation" fringe of the Nintendo fanbase, and Wii solidifies Nintendo's new message, that being "We don't need you if you're not completely and unfailingly loyal"; it almost seems to be an intentional alienation of the more mainstream Nintendo crowd.

Nintendo is far too full of themselves if they believe they can survive without pleasing all of their customers; the undeserved success of the DS somehow sent the executives over the edge; desperate for some small sign that people like their ideas, even if mere numbers and statistics convince them of this, they decided to one-up themselves in the "creativity" department, hence the incredibly-awkward controller whose shape was made as such simply to differentiate themsevles from Sony and Microsoft, and not in the interest of actually giving Nintendo patrons a better gaming experience. Their drive to set themselves apart as unique has been vain, selfish, and futile, as if one of the three major gaming companies in the world cannot already realize that they had a devoted niche market, they are oblivious to everything around them. Now, Nintendo has decided to concentrate loyalty at the cost of more widespread sucess by creating a niche within their niche; those who religiously follow Nintendo at any cost and unquestioningly accept their delusions. It works to boost Nintendo's ego; if they can only get rid of the people who question any aspect of their gaming "revolution" then they'll be told that they're the best and that they're right all the time by one-hundred percent of the fans without any note of dissent.

"Wii" is not an unacceptable name because of the entendres associated with it; in fact, only a very few of an exceedingly dirty mind were the ones who made such a connection on the day of the name's announcement. Most of us are upset because it is complete nonsense; that the fact that Nintendo had to go into such abstract terms to justify the name proves how superficial Nintendo has been regarding their new system overall. I'm horribly, horribly disappointed, and Twilight Princess will be the last scrap of money I ever give Nintendo.

aragornbird
May 9th, 2006, 11:34 AM

Thanks for your short essay, Kaga, I agree with many of your points in the last paragraph. Although I wouldn’t go so far as to say I’m never gonna by Nintendo games again. My only quibble is over the name and not over Nintendo’s business practices.

Kura
May 9th, 2006, 01:37 PM
I honestly think it's personal opinion, now.
Many parents bought gamecube because it was suited towards the agegroup of their children.
If you prefer Nintendo, then get it. If you prefer another console, then get that instead.

It's honestly as simple as that.

parallelzero
May 9th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Actually, Nintendo's never had a "crazy" system name before this. Nintendo Entertainment System and Super Nintendo Entertainment System were straightforward enough; Nintendo Sixty-Four was self-explanatory given you knew the bit capacity of the system, Gamecube was simplistic and fitting. Even Game Boy, Virtual Boy, and Dual-Screen were acceptable names; this is actually the first Nintendo system to not have a name that pertains to any aspect of the console; even Revolution had this fault, as it was a name that pandered directly to the pro-"innovation" fringe of the Nintendo fanbase, and Wii solidifies Nintendo's new message, that being "We don't need you if you're not completely and unfailingly loyal"; it almost seems to be an intentional alienation of the more mainstream Nintendo crowd.
So... breaking tradition means Nintendo is trying to rule out people who aren't extremely loyal followers? Have you even read the interpretations of what it's supposed to mean? It's supposed to represent the fact that this new system is for everyone, as well as Nintendo's further involvement in online play, thus the name being pronounced "We", as in everybody. Playstation 3: The creativity is killing me.
XBOX 360: What's so 360 about it?

Nintendo is far too full of themselves if they believe they can survive without pleasing all of their customers; the undeserved success of the DS somehow sent the executives over the edge; desperate for some small sign that people like their ideas, even if mere numbers and statistics convince them of this, they decided to one-up themselves in the "creativity" department, hence the incredibly-awkward controller whose shape was made as such simply to differentiate themsevles from Sony and Microsoft, and not in the interest of actually giving Nintendo patrons a better gaming experience. Their drive to set themselves apart as unique has been vain, selfish, and futile, as if one of the three major gaming companies in the world cannot already realize that they had a devoted niche market, they are oblivious to everything around them. Now, Nintendo has decided to concentrate loyalty at the cost of more widespread sucess by creating a niche within their niche; those who religiously follow Nintendo at any cost and unquestioningly accept their delusions. It works to boost Nintendo's ego; if they can only get rid of the people who question any aspect of their gaming "revolution" then they'll be told that they're the best and that they're right all the time by one-hundred percent of the fans without any note of dissent.
Accusations without proof, real nice. I understand it's your opinion, but that's all it is. How Sony can go rip off the Wii's controller idea and NOT be stuck up/ greedy is beyond me.

"Wii" is not an unacceptable name because of the entendres associated with it; in fact, only a very few of an exceedingly dirty mind were the ones who made such a connection on the day of the name's announcement. Most of us are upset because it is complete nonsense; that the fact that Nintendo had to go into such abstract terms to justify the name proves how superficial Nintendo has been regarding their new system overall. I'm horribly, horribly disappointed, and Twilight Princess will be the last scrap of money I ever give Nintendo.
Here's where I get to played the overkilled point on the topic. It's a NAME, not the end of the world. If you quit Nintendo because of it, go ahead, but that's the most pathetic reason I've ever heard for dropping a gaming company from your purchases.

And no, I am by no means a Nintendo Fanboy. I play my Sony systems more than my Nintendo systems, actually.

Jack O'Neill
May 9th, 2006, 02:35 PM
On the GameSpot System Wars forum, as well as SystemWars.com [1], the different schools of video game fanboys are associated with various animals. Nintendo fanboys are called "sheep" because of their perceived willingness to be herded by Nintendo. Sony fanboys are called "cows" because of the perception they pay extra, i.e. are "milked" by Sony for optional features for their equipment of choice. Microsoft fanboys are called "lemmings" because of the perception they follow Microsoft blindly, even if it leads to their demise. Similarly, PC fanboys are called "hermits" because they are perceived as solitary, friendless gamers who play by themselves.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanboy

Simply put, don't be a sheep, cow, or lemming. Be a hermit.

pokejungle
May 9th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Kaga, you're too pessimistic. And you also need to re-analyze what the market is like in Japan too.

The Wii will suceed, undoubtably.

Jack O'Neill
May 9th, 2006, 02:50 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Don't bother with consoles, period. Just stick to the PC.

Dawg 2005
May 9th, 2006, 03:04 PM
The Wii will suceed, undoubtably.
Of course it will.

Wii will rock you...[/crappy pun]

Oh, gee. Where has Kura gone? (If anyone says anything about the change I will laugh at you XD)

Arcanine
May 9th, 2006, 03:48 PM

"Wii" is not an unacceptable name because of the entendres associated with it; in fact, only a very few of an exceedingly dirty mind were the ones who made such a connection on the day of the name's announcement. Most of us are upset because it is complete nonsense; that the fact that Nintendo had to go into such abstract terms to justify the name proves how superficial Nintendo has been regarding their new system overall. I'm horribly, horribly disappointed, and Twilight Princess will be the last scrap of money I ever give Nintendo. You're totally missing the whole point of most of Nintendo's names.

Nintendo Entertainment System: It was a game system so it was an entertainment system. (Throw "Super" on it and you got the SNES)
GameBoy Pocket: Small enough to fit in your pocket (the first GameBoy was too big).
GameBoy Color: Was the first with a color screen.
GameBoy SP (Special): It was the first with a lighted screen (thus special).
Nintendo DS (Dual Screen): It has two screens.
Nintendo 64: It was a 64 bit system.
Virtual Boy: Sort of a Virtual Reality system.
GameBoy Micro: Since it's really small they throw in "Mirco".
GameCube: It's a game system and it's shape is cubed shape.
The Wii: The two "i" in there signifies two people (and maybe the shape of the controller).

If you really thought about it then you'll see that most of their names are stupid, not very much thought put into them and most have a meaning behind it.
But lets look at other systems, Wonderswan, Dreamcast, Odyssey, Intellivision all have fancy names that sound really really good. A lot of good them names did them.

All of their customers? Ok, sure they can try to go out and please all their customers but it'll never happen. I'd like a 200-250 price tag on the Wii. Robo on the other hand doesn't. But getting away from that...
Do you know why the success of the DS was so great? It was because it was something new, it was different and totally out of the loop. Not only does it make tons of more sells due to the better games. But also because it's better. How better you say? Well lets put it this way, in Japan the DS outsells all other systems (almost every month it sells more then the PSP and PS2 sells put together). Now that's strange for a system you say isn't good.
The Wii will be no different (it might not take top in the market but it isn't going to die). It's not going to flop or go off a cliff like you want it to. A lot of people do love the idea on the controller, just because you don't doesn't mean everyone agrees with you. A lot of the ones that knows about the controller now is pretty much open minded about it.
You may think Nintendo is "full of themselves", you may think Nintendo doesn't know what they're doing, you may think they don't try to make the customers happy. But it's not true, they know what they're doing. Like they knew what they were doing when they added a D-Pad to the NES, or an analog stick to the N64, or a touch screen to the DS. Now if you're too closed minded to look outside of the box and look past the whole "I know Nintendo is going to die because I don't like ..." then I don't need to sit here and type all this.

I agree that the whole "That's a dirty name" is only because people want it to be that way (when I think of Wii I think of the Canadian guy on X-Play).
It's a name, and by the looks of it no one is smart enough to understand that. If everyone wants to pull thair hair out because of the name "Wii" (for one reason or another) then by all means go ahead. Me on the other hand I understand it's a name, I'm not going to get all pissy about it (I think "Wii" sounds better then "PlayStation 3" or "XBox 360"), I'm not going to go out and say "You sorry Nintendo, I'm just going to call it the Revolution" and all that.

And if you want to be totally biased when it comes to Nintendo's stuff then by all means go ahead. By the looks of it you hate the DS sooo much. You remind me of Kevin, he played the DS in a store and said he sucks because you couldn't move around on Metroid. Got on MSN later and to his shock I told him you use the touch screen to move. Now how much time have you spent on the DS playing and using the touch screen? Or are you like Kevin, played it a few mins and said it's stupid? Same with the Wii, you'll say it sucks because it's not the normal style of playing. Well guess what, the normal "OMG OMG OMG LOOK AT THE GRAPHICS" style can't last much longer. As much as I hate Sony for taking the Rev idea, they understand this. That's why their controller also isn't like the normal style.
If you want totally old style then go out and get the 360 and forget the other two. If Microsoft keeps on this way then it'll be back to Nintendo and Sony again (because Microsoft will die out just like Sega, Atari and others).

Jack O'Neill
May 9th, 2006, 03:48 PM
John: Okay, I'll play along with your twisted game, you rogue. XP

Dawg 2005
May 9th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Well what about the-... I forgot what they were called but they were only in Japan.

I'll think of the name later. XD

It's bothering me now. *Goes to Wiki*

EDIT: Famicom! XD

Jack O'Neill
May 9th, 2006, 03:55 PM
How many times must I keep telling people to abandon their consoles and just stick to their computers? To hell with your Final Fantasys and your Fire Emblems and your Tales series; I'll just stick to Call of Duty, Half-Life, and Counter-Strike, kthnx.

Dawg 2005
May 9th, 2006, 04:00 PM
How many times must I keep telling people to abandon their consoles and just stick to their computers? To hell with your Final Fantasys and your Fire Emblems and your Tales series; I'll just stick to Call of Duty, Half-Life, and Counter-Strike, kthnx.
Fo' shizzle! XD

I might play CoD2 later. Do you have it, Jack?

Arcanine
May 9th, 2006, 04:01 PM
If you're into FPS games Jack then you need to get a Wii. You'll love the FPS style on the Wii.

Jack O'Neill
May 9th, 2006, 04:03 PM
If you're into FPS games Jack then you need to get a Wii. You'll love the FPS style on the Wii.
I'd rather spend that money on upgrades for my computer. Besides, all the good shooters are on the PC.

Persona
May 9th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Fo' shizzle! XD

I might play CoD2 later. Do you have it, Jack?

Play it? Does that mean it's not being piece of crap anymore and it's working?

Kura
May 9th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Of course it will.

Wii will rock you...[/crappy pun]

Oh, gee. Where has Kura gone? (If anyone says anything about the change I will laugh at you XD)

Hnn.. I also wonder about her as well.

I perfer RPGs over shooter, which is why I stick to consoles, preferrably Gamecube and Playstation.

Dawg 2005
May 9th, 2006, 04:08 PM
I'd rather spend that money on upgrades for my computer. Besides, all the good shooters are on the PC.
That's true, but I'm getting a Wii anyway. XD

Persona
May 9th, 2006, 04:09 PM

I perfer RPGs over shooter, which is why I stick to consoles, preferrably Gamecube and Playstation.

I like to play both, and Gamcube pwns. I don't like Playstation all that much.

BTW, I liked your old name better D'=

Arcanine
May 9th, 2006, 04:10 PM
You still have to use a mouse anda keyboard for an FPS on the comp. The Wii on the other hand it'll be like you're there. You're moving the gun around, you're firing it, you're there in the heat of the battle.

Dawg 2005
May 9th, 2006, 04:11 PM
You still have to use a mouse anda keyboard for an FPS on the comp. The Wii on the other hand it'll be like you're there. You're moving the gun around, you're firing it, you're there in the heat of the battle.
Wait, so if you move the controller left, it moves?! XD

Kura
May 9th, 2006, 04:11 PM
I like to play both, and Gamcube pwns. I don't like Playstation all that much.

BTW, I liked your old name better D'=

Don't worry, I'll be swtiching back.
I changed for the Gentleman's Competition.. I know I'm quite late, but I still wanted to take part in it.

I thought it'd be fun acting like a cranky Mama's boy.

aragornbird
May 9th, 2006, 04:13 PM

I do have a huge plasma screen TV, so I may get a Revolution or a PS3. But then again, how can I afford playing video games when all my time is spent on the internetz?

Candelyce
May 9th, 2006, 04:14 PM

I perfer RPGs over shooter, which is why I stick to consoles, preferrably Gamecube and Playstation. Where's Kura and what did you do with her? XD The only combat game I have is Turok: Evolution, which I haven't touched in months. O_o;

Dawg 2005
May 9th, 2006, 04:16 PM

I do have a huge plasma screen TV, so I may get a Revolution or a PS3. But then again, how can I afford playing video games when all my time is spent on the internetz?

You could cut down your time? XD

I might cut down on my time and use the time for sleeping. XD

Persona
May 9th, 2006, 04:16 PM

Ya.. the internet. Are planning on not going on here that often? Even though I know you don't.. or do you?

I'm confused again xD

Kura
May 9th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Where's Kura and what did you do with her? XD The only combat game I have is Turok: Evolution, which I haven't touched in months. O_o;

..I wouldn't know.. would you?

Andy? Is Zexion/ Axel taken in the Orginization XIII Members? *glances over to your signature* May I take them?

aragornbird
May 9th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Ya.. the internet. Are planning on not going on here that often? Even though I know you don't.. or do you?

I'm confused again xD

I am too, because your post…didn’t make much sense. O_o
Care to elaborate?

Dawg 2005
May 9th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Where's Kura and what did you do with her? XD The only combat game I have is Turok: Evolution, which I haven't touched in months. O_o;
Isn't that game for the N64? XD It's a pwnsome game.

I'm going to play some Call of Duty 2 now.

Bye. XD

Chibi-chan
May 9th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Kura-pu changed her name?!?! O:
*pokes* But you're still Kura-pu, right? ;o; You're still my mom, yes? T-T

Arcanine
May 9th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Wait, so if you move the controller left, it moves?! XDYou'll have an analog stick to move around. And you use the remote to point the gun. So yea, if you point the remote to the left side of the TV it'll be there, and if you move it right then it'll go to the right (and it's up, down, left, right, upright, downleft and so on).

Andy? Is Zexion/ Axel taken in the Orginization XIII Members? *glances over to your signature* May I take them? Axel is already taken *Points to David's name*.

aragornbird
May 9th, 2006, 04:24 PM

Whoa, Kadaj is Kura? I almost didn’t realize that until now. I think it’s the lack of pink text…

Persona
May 9th, 2006, 04:25 PM

I am too, because your post…didn’t make much sense. O_o
Care to elaborate?

That's why I was confused xD

Uh.. let's see.. simpler terms.

Since you said you spend all your time on the internet.

Are you with me so far? xD

Are you planning on not being online here that much, so you can afford the money to buy a Revolution or a PS3?

There. xD

Chibi-chan
May 9th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Ah, this becomes even more confusing -.-;; I don't think this contest will ever end and ease my poor confused mind...

Drifblim
May 9th, 2006, 04:27 PM

Whoa, Kadaj is Kura? I almost didn’t realize that until now. I think it’s the lack of pink text…

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~ Tch, she hardly ever used pink text in posts from what I know about her. I was shocked by the name change too.

Arcanine
Ah, this becomes even more confusing -.-;; I don't think this contest will ever end and ease my poor confused mind...
Poor poor Chibi.
Hey I know, you should change everything over to male. That way you won't have to worry about your poor confused mind. XD

aragornbird
That's why I was confused xD

Uh.. let's see.. simpler terms.

Since you said you spend all your time on the internet.

Are you with me so far? xD

Are you planning on not being online here that much, so you can afford the money to buy a Revolution or a PS3?

There. xD

That’s better.

I do spend all my free time on teh interweb. I am not, however, buying a game console with my own money and I don’t really want to, since most PC games are better than console games nowadays.

Arcanine
May 9th, 2006, 04:30 PM
360 my parents are getting for my brother (at least I hope they do).
Wii both me and my brother are going to buy.
PS3 I'm gonig to dish out the money, all 600 dollars.......
I'm going to be so broke by next year. XD

Kura
May 9th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Kura-pu changed her name?!?! O:
*pokes* But you're still Kura-pu, right? ;o; You're still my mom, yes? T-T

Am I? Or am I just trying to decieve you?

.. Mother..
I am no mother..

But..
have you seen Her?

I spend my time on the Internet, as well.

Drifblim
May 9th, 2006, 04:32 PM
It makes me laugh, you saying that and your Friends List saying something similar.

aragornbird
May 9th, 2006, 04:34 PM
I'm going to be so broke by next year. XD

I’d just wait half a year for the price to drop. There’s no rush. Heck, I don’t even have a PS2. I think I’ll buy one from one of my friends after the PS3 comes out.

Chibi-chan
May 9th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Poor poor Chibi.
Hey I know, you should change everything over to male. That way you won't have to worry about your poor confused mind. XD
Every other post I make has some sortof feminine ring to it. I shall never be a male v_v

Hare Hare Yukai won't leave my head...it keeps on playing over and over and over...@_@

Arcanine
May 9th, 2006, 04:40 PM
It makes me laugh, you saying that and your Friends List saying something similar.Go watch FFVII: AC and you'll know the reason behind the whole "Mother" thing. XD

I’d just wait half a year for the price to drop. There’s no rush. Heck, I don’t even have a PS2. I think I’ll buy one from one of my friends after the PS3 comes out.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~ We're getting the Wii the day it comes out. The 360 we'll get November. And the PS3...... well whenever I get at least 600 bucks. And by the time I get 600 I bet it'll go down on price. XD

Every other post I make has some sortof feminine ring to it. I shall never be a male v_v

Hare Hare Yukai won't leave my head...it keeps on playing over and over and over...@_@ Awww, but you could change your posting style ^_^. You don't always have to make a feminine style of posting. X3

See, it's not hard. XD

aragornbird
May 9th, 2006, 04:41 PM

Sure you can. All you have to do is think like a satanic worshipper. Talk about eating puppies, kittens, and Christian babies. Yum….=P

Candelyce
May 9th, 2006, 04:42 PM
I'm going to be so broke by next year. XD I can see you as a lonely man on the street begging for money and a house. XD

Kura
May 9th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Go watch FFVII: AC and you'll know the reason behind the whole "Mother" thing. XD

We're getting the Wii the day it comes out. The 360 we'll get November. And the PS3...... well whenever I get at least 600 bucks. And by the time I get 600 I bet it'll go down on price. XD

Awww, but you could change your posting style ^_^. You don't always have to make a feminine style of posting. X3

See, it's not hard. XD

I'm now able to say "boku" and "ore" which make me quite happy.
And yes, you must watch the movie in order to understand my obsession with Mother.

.. I've been searching so long for Her..

(OOC.. Yeah.. @@; Seriously, though.. I'm still Kura~~ <3 See? X3;
Puu~ <3 <3)

Jack O'Neill
May 9th, 2006, 04:49 PM

Sure you can. All you have to do is think like a satanic worshipper. Talk about eating puppies, kittens, and Christian babies. Yum….=P

No. Wrong.

Just try to replicate my own style of posting. Proper punctuation, conservative use of smilies, an air of belligerence, and the perceived threat of swift and harsh violence.

Drifblim
May 9th, 2006, 04:53 PM
And a few small bits of onomatopoeia, too. Tch.

Chibi-chan
May 9th, 2006, 04:53 PM
I'm now able to say "boku" and "ore" which make me quite happy.
And yes, you must watch the movie in order to understand my obsession with Mother.

.. I've been searching so long for Her..

(OOC.. Yeah.. @@; Seriously, though.. I'm still Kura~~ <3 See? X3;
Puu~ <3 <3)
Yayz! Tis Kura~

Aside from the top post, Jack's posts are simple to copy, unlike those who post just for the act of idiotic stupidity. I'm posting like Jack right now.

aragornbird
May 9th, 2006, 04:54 PM
No. Wrong.

Just try to replicate my own style of posting. Proper punctuation, conservative use of smilies, an air of belligerence, and the perceived threat of swift and harsh violence.

You’re the one who’s wrong, Jacky boy. .>=(

HAIL SATAN!
Lord of Darkness!

Jack O'Neill
May 9th, 2006, 04:55 PM
And a few small bits of onomatopoeia, too. Tch.
Onomatopoeia is the mark of the insane. *coughporygoncough*

I pity Florin. Tch.

pokejungle
May 9th, 2006, 04:57 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Don't bother with consoles, period. Just stick to the PC.
If you don't have broadband, I don't like PC.

It's good for MMORPGs and not much else for my interests.

Kura
May 9th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Yayz! Tis Kura~

Aside from the top post, Jack's posts are simple to copy, unlike those who post just for the act of idiotic stupidity. I'm posting like Jack right now.

Yes, of course it's me. What'd you expect? A man?

Kadaj doesn't really look too manly. Neither does Yazoo. But Loz is quite the beast.

I enjoy mimicing Jack's style of posting, as well.

Jack O'Neill
May 9th, 2006, 05:00 PM
I enjoy mimicing Jack's style of posting, as well.
And I can immediately tell that you're going about it all wrong.

aragornbird
May 9th, 2006, 05:00 PM
If you don't have broadband, I don't like PC.

It's good for MMORPGs and not much else for my interests.

Hey, Paul, you are back! =D

You are forgetting Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, which isn't an MMORPGs, but just a regular RPG. And it pwns mosts other RPGs too.

pokejungle
May 9th, 2006, 05:02 PM
On Smosh's forums I type like Jack does, minus the military part. It's actually fun just annoy people with maturity. It's the only forum I do it on.

I decided I'm done with the embitterment between PC and I. PokeCommunity's a fine place to be, and it looks like it's not as bad as I would have believed.

Chibi-chan
May 9th, 2006, 05:02 PM
And I can immediately tell that you're going about it all wrong.
You have to have no hint of emotion in your posts. By doing this, no one knows your motive and every post can be as sharp and concise as a knife.

pokejungle
May 9th, 2006, 05:13 PM

Hey, Paul, you are back! =D

You are forgetting Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, which isn't an MMORPGs, but just a regular RPG. And it pwns mosts other RPGs too.

Now that it's rated M, I doubt I'd be able to get it.

Even if I had the money. Which I don't. Saving for my laptop.

Kura
May 9th, 2006, 05:14 PM
You have to have no hint of emotion in your posts. By doing this, no one knows your motive and every post can be as sharp and concise as a knife.

That's true.
I must study it more.

I may be going about it all wrong, but at least I'm giving it a shot.

aragornbird
May 9th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Now that it's rated M, I doubt I'd be able to get it.

Even if I had the money. Which I don't. Saving for my laptop.

Yeah, it used to be rated T, but they changed it. It's not really that violent and you can always turn off the blood in the Options.

Drifblim
May 9th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Germany requires videogame blood to be green and those to be killed portrayed as subhuman.

pokejungle
May 9th, 2006, 05:20 PM

Yeah, it used to be rated T, but they changed it. It's not really that violent and you can always turn off the blood in the Options.

Like I'd even use the mod to get topless orcs anyways.

I mean, really. How sexy are troll/orc boobs? They weren't even that graphic.

aragornbird
May 9th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Like I'd even use the mod to get topless orcs anyways.

I mean, really. How sexy are troll/orc boobs? They weren't even that graphic.

Eeeew, and to think that somewhere in the world, a person might find them to be sexy. People make me sad sometimes.

Kura
May 9th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Let us veer off the topic of breasts, please? Thank you.

And yes, there are some strange people out there in the world..

pokejungle
May 9th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Let us veer off the topic of breasts, please? Thank you.

And yes, there are some strange people out there in the world..
We were talking about video game mods. I don't think we were out of line personally.

Now...if we had gone onto different topics about breats, then yes. But in game nudity is a relevant topic in today's world.

Kura
May 9th, 2006, 05:46 PM
We were talking about video game mods. I don't think we were out of line personally.

Now...if we had gone onto different topics about breats, then yes. But in game nudity is a relevant topic in today's world.

I know, I just didn't want it becoming an all-out topic about breasts..

So may someone please change the topic?
@@ Maybe to some E-rated games?

Jack O'Neill
May 9th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Nowadays, swords and axes are horribly ineffective against trolls and orcs. Shotguns, assault rifles, fragmentation grenades, and flamethrowers are infinitely better options against such opponents.

Cloud Strife's life would have been much easier if he had a Mossberg 500 instead of a buster sword. Squall Leonhart would be much cooler if he had an actual Webley Mk IV or Colt Python instead of a gunblade. I do appreciate Yuna's adoption of dual pistols, however.

Persona
May 9th, 2006, 05:48 PM
I know, I just didn't want it becoming an all-out topic about breasts..

So may someone please change the topic?
@@ Maybe to some E-rated games?

Wait. Why would people want to talk about breasts? wtf =/

parallelzero
May 9th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Nowadays, swords and axes are horribly ineffective against trolls and orcs. Shotguns, assault rifles, fragmentation grenades, and flamethrowers are infinitely better options against such opponents.

Cloud Strife's life would have been much easier if he had a Mossberg 500 instead of a buster sword. Squall Leonhart would be much cooler if he had an actual Webley Mk IV or Colt Python instead of a gunblade. I do appreciate Yuna's adoption of dual pistols, however.
Had the RPGs taken place in this world, they may have posessed those weapons. However, they don't. Nobody cares how effective their weapons would be in a current day situation/ against guns, because the RPGs never really take place in that kind of environment. You honestly need to stop showing the obvious differences between two completely different things.

Kura
May 9th, 2006, 06:02 PM

If everyone in every game had a gun, it'd be too boring.
I think you'd like Barret from Final Fantasy 7: AC, though..
He has a machine-gun arm.

pokejungle
May 9th, 2006, 06:12 PM
I watched 1-4 of FMA today. On DVD.

It was more sad than I had thought the series was.

Kura
May 9th, 2006, 06:15 PM
I watched 1-4 of FMA today. On DVD.

It was more sad than I had thought the series was.

I agree ;_; I cried so much over Episode 23 especially..

*is such a crybaby*

..*and a mama's boy* X3;;~

pokejungle
May 9th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Aww.

I feel bad that their mom died. Parents dying is one of the saddest things in my opinion. And when Majhol disregarded his real love. Aw.

Jack O'Neill
May 9th, 2006, 06:23 PM
If everyone in every game had a gun, it'd be too boring.
I think you'd like Barret from Final Fantasy 7: AC, though..
He has a machine-gun arm.
Barret and Vincent from FFVII, Irvine and Laguna from FFVIII (Squall and Seifer don't count, because their gunblades aren't true firearms), and Yuna in her FFX-2 incarnation (provided she's equipped as a Gunner, of course).

pokejungle
May 9th, 2006, 06:25 PM
I don't play many games with guns.

My parents think it's too realistic and violent. I don't really like their decision.

Candelyce
May 9th, 2006, 06:31 PM
I agree ;_; I cried so much over Episode 23 especially.. *is such a crybaby* ..*and a mama's boy* X3;;~ Um, s'cuse me, are you having gender issues? o.o

Kura
May 9th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Barret and Vincent from FFVII, Irvine and Laguna from FFVIII (Squall and Seifer don't count, because their gunblades aren't true firearms), and Yuna in her FFX-2 incarnation (provided she's equipped as a Gunner, of course).

Yazoo has a pistol as well~ (Final Fantasy Advent Children)
He's the smaller one in my signature~
I PSed the other guy out and put Yazoo, because he's another of my favourites <3~

Haruka: I don't think so. I've always been male, of course.

Chairman Kaga
May 9th, 2006, 06:41 PM
So... breaking tradition means Nintendo is trying to rule out people who aren't extremely loyal followers? Have you even read the interpretations of what it's supposed to mean? It's supposed to represent the fact that this new system is for everyone, as well as Nintendo's further involvement in online play, thus the name being pronounced "We", as in everybody. Playstation 3: The creativity is killing me.
XBOX 360: What's so 360 about it?
The name is nothing more than a sales pitch; it’s nothing other than naïve to assume that any company, any industry on this earth out to make profit, actually cares about the consumer. There’s a difference between sounding friendly and actually being friendly, and Nintendo is trying to quash doubt regarding the Wii through a PR blitz that has permeated the identity of the system itself. “Playstation 3” is the best of the names, actually; it shows continuity and confidence, it shows that the system doesn’t feel it necessary to redefine itself every time every time it upgrades to accommodate the newest technology.
Accusations without proof, real nice. I understand it's your opinion, but that's all it is. How Sony can go rip off the Wii's controller idea and NOT be stuck up/ greedy is beyond me.
It’s an equally baseless accusation to believe that Sony couldn’t possibly have had a motion-sensitive controller in the works at the same time Nintendo did; odds are this idea was in development from the time the batarang controller was scrapped. There’s no good way to introduce a controller similar to that of one that’s already been introduced by another system; no matter how good the company’s intentions are, they’re going to be accused of stealing an idea; and, since many Nintendo fans are not content unless they can prove to the world beyond a shadow of a doubt that Nintendo is far superior to all other systems, Sony simply can’t win in this matter.
Here's where I get to played the overkilled point on the topic. It's a NAME, not the end of the world. If you quit Nintendo because of it, go ahead, but that's the most pathetic reason I've ever heard for dropping a gaming company from your purchases.

And no, I am by no means a Nintendo Fanboy. I play my Sony systems more than my Nintendo systems, actually.

You’re getting far too worked up over this; you completely missed the point of what I said, which is that there is deeper meaning behind any name. I don’t know, but calling me pathetic for actually having had enough of this downward spiral into insanity sounds overly defensive of Nintendo. Don’t automatically assume that it’s my only reason; merely the most important one at the moment, as this is a frustration that’s been building for years.

You're totally missing the whole point of most of Nintendo's names.

Nintendo Entertainment System: It was a game system so it was an entertainment system. (Throw "Super" on it and you got the SNES)
GameBoy Pocket: Small enough to fit in your pocket (the first GameBoy was too big).
GameBoy Color: Was the first with a color screen.
GameBoy SP (Special): It was the first with a lighted screen (thus special).
Nintendo DS (Dual Screen): It has two screens.
Nintendo 64: It was a 64 bit system.
Virtual Boy: Sort of a Virtual Reality system.
GameBoy Micro: Since it's really small they throw in "Mirco".
GameCube: It's a game system and it's shape is cubed shape.
The Wii: The two "i" in there signifies two people (and maybe the shape of the controller).

If you really thought about it then you'll see that most of their names are stupid, not very much thought put into them and most have a meaning behind it.
But lets look at other systems, Wonderswan, Dreamcast, Odyssey, Intellivision all have fancy names that sound really really good. A lot of good them names did them.

How can a name that actually has something to do with the system be stupid? I think what you’re trying to get at is that less thought was put into the names, and, therefore, these names are lesser in comparison with the Wii. This, however, tends very often to be false; Nintendo has never had a name that hasn’t been both catchy and pertinent to the system. As I’ve previously stated, the meaning behind Wii is incredibly abstract and created in the misguided spirit of “innovation”, not as a method to attract people to the system. It’s simply another case of Nintendo trying too hard to stand out when it’s not necessary.

The names did not make or break the success of the four systems you listed; all except for the Dreamcast were promoted on a very small scale and were doomed to failure from the start; the Dreamcast simply didn’t deliver as far as good games went. The quality of a name is subjective, but it’s undeniable that it’s representative of more than a mere title for the system.

All of their customers? Ok, sure they can try to go out and please all their customers but it'll never happen. I'd like a 200-250 price tag on the Wii. Robo on the other hand doesn't. But getting away from that...
Do you know why the success of the DS was so great? It was because it was something new, it was different and totally out of the loop. Not only does it make tons of more sells due to the better games. But also because it's better. How better you say? Well lets put it this way, in Japan the DS outsells all other systems (almost every month it sells more then the PSP and PS2 sells put together). Now that's strange for a system you say isn't good.
The Wii will be no different (it might not take top in the market but it isn't going to die). It's not going to flop or go off a cliff like you want it to. A lot of people do love the idea on the controller, just because you don't doesn't mean everyone agrees with you. A lot of the ones that knows about the controller now is pretty much open minded about it.
You may think Nintendo is "full of themselves", you may think Nintendo doesn't know what they're doing, you may think they don't try to make the customers happy. But it's not true, they know what they're doing. Like they knew what they were doing when they added a D-Pad to the NES, or an analog stick to the N64, or a touch screen to the DS. Now if you're too closed minded to look outside of the box and look past the whole "I know Nintendo is going to die because I don't like ..." then I don't need to sit here and type all this.

I never said that I wanted all customers to be pleased; it’s impossible, but it is possible to make a system that isn’t going to alienate a considerable amount of loyal customers. The issue here is not attracting customers, because, as is obvious, if one is not a Nintendo fan now, odds are they never will be, and I would hope that Nintendo still has a shred of realism small enough to realize this. What they’re doing is bad business sense.

I find that you use statistics to prove your points far too often. The quality of a system isn’t quantifiable, as there have been both obscure systems that did not deserve failure and prominent systems that have no redeeming qualities. It’s a new system, and people purchase it out of curiosity, not because it is particularly innovative. Principle plays as much a part in how deserving a system is of success as actual figures do, and most people who purchase a DS have no idea they’re playing into Nintendo’s hands, buying something that exists solely because Nintendo wants to be the best at something. In case you’ve forgotten Nintendo slapped together the DS as quickly as they could after the PSP announced and invented the “innovation” line to cover up the fact that their main goal was nothing more than to reduce Sony’s market share. PSP is only suffering because of the higher price, otherwise it would be far more popular than it is now. Sony’s problem is that they’re unwilling to lose a bit more in the wholesale price of their systems in order to recoup losses through increased game sales. Nintendo, however, has the price game won, but produces so few quality games that it completely ruins their strategy. All DS owners I know in real life have no more than two games for their DS, one usually being Super Mario 64, so the statistics you’re using obviously take Japan into account, and, as a whole, they enjoy more kitsch and have deeper pockets, so they’ll settle for less.

I stand by my belief that Nintendo needs to be taught a hard lesson, but I have never stated that because I think a certain way, everyone should. I can accept that there are people who like the idea, but, on the other side of the argument, no one seems to be able to accept that there are people who don’t like the idea. “Closed-minded” isn’t even a term that should be used in debates anymore, as it’s one side’s way of discreetly telling the other that they’re incorrect simply for disagreeing. I could just as easily call you closed-minded for refusing to even consider the possibility that the Wii is not going to be received well.

The “innovations” you listed above were not Nintendo’s idea, nor could they have ever been innovations because they were incredibly common methods for game control in their respective times. The D-Pad had long been used along joysticks in arcades, the analog stick is nothing more than a more sensitive joystick, and the DS isn’t even a console, nor is it a legitimate heir to any of Nintendo’s lines. It already has the XYZ axis directional control of any modern console even without the touch screen, so it adds no new dimension of gameplay. Nor does the Wii; motion-sensitive control allows for freer movement in some respects, but at the cost of almost all other control. It’s a payoff that I’m not willing to make.

I agree that the whole "That's a dirty name" is only because people want it to be that way (when I think of Wii I think of the Canadian guy on X-Play).
It's a name, and by the looks of it no one is smart enough to understand that. If everyone wants to pull thair hair out because of the name "Wii" (for one reason or another) then by all means go ahead. Me on the other hand I understand it's a name, I'm not going to get all pissy about it (I think "Wii" sounds better then "PlayStation 3" or "XBox 360"), I'm not going to go out and say "You sorry Nintendo, I'm just going to call it the Revolution" and all that.

Personal preference, and a point already debated earlier in my post and in my other one.

And if you want to be totally biased when it comes to Nintendo's stuff then by all means go ahead. By the looks of it you hate the DS sooo much. You remind me of Kevin, he played the DS in a store and said he sucks because you couldn't move around on Metroid. Got on MSN later and to his shock I told him you use the touch screen to move. Now how much time have you spent on the DS playing and using the touch screen? Or are you like Kevin, played it a few mins and said it's stupid? Same with the Wii, you'll say it sucks because it's not the normal style of playing. Well guess what, the normal "OMG OMG OMG LOOK AT THE GRAPHICS" style can't last much longer. As much as I hate Sony for taking the Rev idea, they understand this. That's why their controller also isn't like the normal style.
If you want totally old style then go out and get the 360 and forget the other two. If Microsoft keeps on this way then it'll be back to Nintendo and Sony again (because Microsoft will die out just like Sega, Atari and others).

Then I’ll take up your offer and continue to say that Nintendo’s lost its soul whatever chance I get. I do happen to hate the DS for a number of reasons superfluous to this argument, but I can assure you that I’ve played the DS for lengthy periods of time with games such as Super Mario, Feel the Magic, Metroid, Mario Kart, Kirby: Canvas Curse, and various others and have come to my conclusion only because I’ve had experience with it. I couldn’t care less about graphics; specs have always been of no import to me, but the overall appeal of the system is of great importance to me. I’d much rather have something that plays like an actual, traditional game system than something that is new for newness’ sake.

Jack O'Neill
May 9th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Haruka: I don't think so. I've always been male, of course.
Then why are you paired with Paul?

If Chibi's your daughter, and Paul's her brother, then... OMFG INCEST EWW

MegaDitto
May 9th, 2006, 07:04 PM

Yeah. o_O;

That needs to be fixed before members start questing. >.>

Jack O'Neill
May 9th, 2006, 07:15 PM
I'm a product of forbidden incest between two demons. ^_^ That makes me all warm and fuzzy inside... And flippered outside with 7 toes? o.o;
You know just as well as anyone that inbreeding and incest aren't illegal at PC, only softly discouraged XD
You have to like incest though, because everyone always ends up having babies with their sister, no wonder we're all retards. D;
Yeah... I can't keep track of all of the incest that's in my family O_o
...the whole PC family tree is like an incest fair really ;<
Oh yeah, that. XD Like someone said earlier .. the whole PC family is an incest show. =D
I'm sure anyone who decides to pair up is at risk of performing an act of incest.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1691676&postcount=8728
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1780980&postcount=11575
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1831466&postcount=10958
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1934173&postcount=1877
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1935000&postcount=2199
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1935388&postcount=2291
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1969550&postcount=8775

Angle-san
May 9th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Those sounds so wrong o.O one thing i don't understand i work for wal mart and as of this week we've had Two Bomb threat why do ppl do such stupid Crap like that because of that it hurt are sales badly so what r your thought's on stupid crap like bombthreats?

Drifblim
May 10th, 2006, 02:20 AM
Trolling, at the very least, that's exactly what it is.

MegaFuz
May 10th, 2006, 06:08 AM
Those sounds so wrong o.O one thing i don't understand i work for wal mart and as of this week we've had Two Bomb threat why do ppl do such stupid Crap like that because of that it hurt are sales badly so what r your thought's on stupid crap like bombthreats?

Meh. Some people just like to feel that they have power...in some twisted form anyway. o.O

Supreme Edgeboy Max
May 10th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Trolling, at the very least, that's exactly what it is.
I'd like to draw everyone's attention to Walrein's blog post "Blood and Spam". And here are a few replies to Walrein in accordance to his post:

since for the most part more than six people are online at the same time on that part of the forum And at a lot of times the thread is as dead as a doorknob.

What it boils down to is a massive IM conversation for those without the aid of MSN, YIM, or AIM. In a way, you're right. But you've forgotten that this is a great benefit to those completely lacking MSN, YIM or AIM. Take our staff member Hiyori for example, or someone like my good friend Chuchino even though she never comes here. They'll want to talk to their friends of the PokeCommunity, and what better place is there to do it than here - or the chatroom?

The topic swings back and forth, it's hard to keep up if you've been away to sleep, and the variety of opinions and styles of writing makes it difficult for one sound decision or judgement to be made. The DCC is MADE to be like that. If you want a single topic to be discussed, make a seperate thread entitled something regarding the topic ... |dies| I suck at talking formally. The topic ALWAYS changes when you've been away. Its something you have to work with and adapt to.

Give them a forum to spam in, they go berserk; give them a few controlled threads, things get much less messy and the potential for major spam outbreaks — the Ilovemissyelliott ban comes to mind — is minimised. Agreed. =3

I do however, find the "little or no rigidity" thing a bit untrue. I won't elaborate though.

Another example of what I do when I'm bored and I've got nothing to do.

Drummershuff
May 10th, 2006, 09:17 AM

Congratulations on the paring Kura and Paul. I could see it coming though. You've been friends for ages. Hope it goes alright for you in the future.

I've changed back to my old Red Theme for time time being.

aragornbird
May 10th, 2006, 09:22 AM

Hooray Matt, that theme of yours is classic. It’s very you. =D

Supreme Edgeboy Max
May 10th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Congratulations on the paring Kura and Paul. I could see it coming though. You've been friends for ages. Hope it goes alright for you in the future.

I've changed back to my old Red Theme for time time being.
|stares| o o;
WTF happened to Jackette?

Drummershuff
May 10th, 2006, 09:53 AM

Hooray Matt, that theme of yours is classic. It’s very you. =D

It's okay. I don't know how long I'll keep it though.

|stares| o o;
WTF happened to Jackette?

They unpaired a few weeks ago...

Supreme Edgeboy Max
May 10th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Oh. That's .. too bad, I guess. o x; I haven't talked to Jackette properly in quite a while.

Drummershuff
May 10th, 2006, 10:27 AM
No, they wanted to un-pair, I think.

I haven't spoken to him either.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
May 10th, 2006, 10:52 AM
..That's still too bad, I guess. XD

I wonder if I'll see him at Tyy's guild at Gaia .. well, this is my last DCC post for the night. 12.47pm, I'm off to bed.

Drummershuff
May 10th, 2006, 10:54 AM
You might do..

G'Night Max. Have a good sleep. XD

MegaFuz
May 10th, 2006, 11:13 AM
..That's still too bad, I guess. XD

I wonder if I'll see him at Tyy's guild at Gaia .. well, this is my last DCC post for the night. 12.47pm, I'm off to bed.

Night night. -_-

I'm likin' the theme Matt. XD

Kura
May 10th, 2006, 11:13 AM
No, they wanted to un-pair, I think.

I haven't spoken to him either.

Not necessarily, actually..
Jack's just been really busy with school and everything ._. and I ended up feeling left out..
It's not like I don't care about him anymore, because I do~
It's just that it wasn't working out right now, so depending on what happens, we'll probably pair back up in the summer or something ._.;

And yeah.. Paul asked me to pair, o.o and I care about him, too <3 So I said yes <3

*goes back to acting manly again*

Drummershuff
May 10th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Night night. -_-

I'm likin' the theme Matt. XD

Do I actually know you? I've seen you around, but I don't think I know you that well. o_O;

*Adds to AIM*.

Thanks for the complimant!

MegaFuz
May 10th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Do I actually know you? I've seen you around, but I don't think I know you that well. o_O;

*Adds to AIM*.

Thanks for the complimant!

No problem. And I feel like we've chatted before on here, but maybe not. o.O

*wonders why Kura changed her name and gender*

Drummershuff
May 10th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Yeah, I remember now. You were speaking to Munna about your Poetry the other day I think..

Anyway, we are speaking on AIM now.

MegaFuz
May 10th, 2006, 11:28 AM
Yeah, I remember now. You were speaking to Munna about your Poetry the other day I think..

Anyway, we are speaking on AIM now.

Ahh...good memory. XD

Welp...I'm off to rugby practice. Talk to you all later. o.O

Drummershuff
May 10th, 2006, 11:30 AM
I know, it just suddenly came in to my mind..

Have fun. I probably won't be on when you come back though.

Dawg 2005
May 10th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Ahh...good memory. XD

Welp...I'm off to rugby practice. Talk to you all later. o.O
Isn't Rugby pretty brutal? XD

Meh Matty-poo will be on forever. XD

Drummershuff
May 10th, 2006, 12:43 PM
I won't be actually. Got to go soon. D:

Dawg 2005
May 10th, 2006, 01:10 PM
If I said you'll be on you'll be on! XD

Drifblim
May 10th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Heh, don't be so pushy, Dawg.

Dawg 2005
May 10th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Hey...

Shut up. XD

I'm just messing with Matty-poo. XD

Drummershuff
May 10th, 2006, 01:21 PM
If I said you'll be on you'll be on! XD

Yeah, I was on a bit longer tonight.

Going now though. Be on tommorow.

Drifblim
May 10th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Yes, I forgot the DCC was supposed to be like that. Look at Max's evaluation of my blog.

So now that that's out with, back to the real world.

pokejungle
May 10th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Hey everyone~ back from school ;D