PDA

View Full Version : Is it true that silver (G/S/C rival) is Giovanni's son?

enyce
May 3rd, 2006, 7:43 PM
Because on wikipedia, it says he is a likely canidate. Because it showed a screen of LF/FR saying "giovannis kid has red hair"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e6/Giovanni_red_hair.png

It said he is a likely canidate, because he has a strong dislike for team rocket. Although he is no hero. And it said his kid has red hair. Now the only characters with red hair are Misty, Lorelei, Lance and of course Silver....

Lance and Lorelei cant be canidates, because they are too old. Misty couldnt be possible, because I couldnt see that happening. So it must be Silver.But im not sure if its true

marillmonster2000
May 3rd, 2006, 7:45 PM
It's Possible.. Silver Is Sakaki's Son In The Manga. (i think that's right, anyway.) But I Always Thought He Ment Your Rival In RGBP/FRLG.

enyce
May 3rd, 2006, 8:05 PM
^well gary has brown hair

Gary, the Magic Fairy
May 3rd, 2006, 8:21 PM
Lance and Lorelei cant be canidates, because they are too old.Giovanni could be fifty-something, and they're only in there late-20's/early-30's. So if Gio. is 50 and even if they're 32, its still possible they were born when he was 18.

I also highly doubt it's Misty, so i'd bet its Silver or Lance, but you never know.

Drifblim
May 4th, 2006, 1:35 AM
Nah, Lance is also too old for Giovanni....

I'd put my money on Silver, seeing as he has the scepticism of Giovanni and a knack for stealing things, and he could be out against his father for making the family infamous.

kohei
May 4th, 2006, 2:25 AM
Heck, it's heavily implied both in the manga and the game, so I bet on Silver...

Supreme Edgeboy Max
May 4th, 2006, 8:02 AM
|screams| Silver-san! <3 And besides, Silver's got the basic Team Rocket attitude: Strong Pokemon rule, weak Pokemon are your trash!

Red1530
May 4th, 2006, 1:21 PM
I have heard about this too. I think Sliver is most likely to be Giovanni's son

oni flygon
May 4th, 2006, 2:46 PM
It's heavily implied and in the manga, it's already been proven that Silver is Giovanni's son. Which proves his connection on how he became one of the Masked Children in the first place, and how Pryce got control of Team Rocket.

enyce
May 4th, 2006, 2:49 PM
It's heavily implied and in the manga, it's already been proven that Silver is Giovanni's son. Which proves his connection on how he became one of the Masked Children in the first place, and how Pryce got control of Team Rocket.

well I dont know, because I havent read that part in the manga....and dont know where to get it :(

Pangolin
May 4th, 2006, 4:11 PM
Could it possible be Richie?

Gary, the Magic Fairy
May 4th, 2006, 4:19 PM
I forgot about about Richie, or is his hair brown?

Nah, Lance is also too old for Giovanni....How do you know? Whats the oldest that he could be? It seems nearly as likely, he tried to stop team rocket, so maybe he hates his father. Maybe their both his sons.

Zone
May 4th, 2006, 4:57 PM
Richie has brown hair.

well I dont know, because I havent read that part in the manga....and dont know where to get it :(

The manga is Japanese and won't be translated, so to find it, go to Japan, and to read it, learn Japanese.

Naminé
May 4th, 2006, 5:07 PM
Not only is Richie's hair color incorrect, but we must remember that for most parts, characters from the Pokemon anime have almost no connection with the rest of the Pokemon world. Naminé fails to recall Agatha being a Viridian Gym Leader in the game or the manga, but that is the case for the anime... how absurd~

Naminé settles for reading manga summaries on SPP. She can't find any other place that has much information about the manga~

enyce
May 4th, 2006, 5:54 PM
Well, so I have beliefes that it is silver...But Giovannis hair isnt red. Unless he died it black.

So who is his mother ? :O

Supreme Edgeboy Max
May 5th, 2006, 3:03 AM
Well, so I have beliefes that it is silver...But Giovannis hair isnt red. Unless he died it black.

So who is his mother ? :O
Giovanni's hair being black doesn't mean that Silver's hair's gotta be black as well.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
May 5th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Naminé fails to recall Agatha being a Viridian Gym Leader in the game or the manga, but that is the case for the anime... how absurd~What? Since when is Agatha a gym leader?
So who is his mother ? :OI dont know, nor do I care...XD

SBaby
May 5th, 2006, 12:36 PM
I wouldn't trust anything Wikipedia says. They've been wrong so many times that it's pathetic. Mainly this is due to the fact that fan rumors make up the bulk of their information on various Animes outside of summaries.

Sonic X is a good example. They still have the old description of Nazo up there.

I don't know if Silver is his son or not. I've pretty much given up on trying to figure out any family relations outside of Ash and his mom (who is 20-something...).

enyce
May 5th, 2006, 12:37 PM
What? Since when is Agatha a gym leader?
I dont know, nor do I care...XD

maybe agatha hair turned from red to gray, maybe shes his mother...nah

Giovanni+agatha=sick

SBaby
May 5th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Nah, Agatha was only watching the Gym for Giovanni, if you're talking about the Anime.

Ice demon
May 5th, 2006, 5:22 PM
I wouldn't trust anything Wikipedia says. They've been wrong so many times that it's pathetic. Mainly this is due to the fact that fan rumors make up the bulk of their information on various Animes outside of summaries.

Never diss wikipedia..Its saved me countless times for essays on world topics...
Maybe they're shaky on the whole anime thing..But thats slight considering how unimportant it is.

I strongly believe that silver is indeed giovanni's son.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
May 6th, 2006, 3:54 AM
Nah, Agatha was only watching the Gym for Giovanni, if you're talking about the Anime.
Wrong, Wiki pwns a lot. Most of the things on it are right, but some things just get biased because of different viewers editing different things.

*Orion*
May 9th, 2006, 4:18 PM
Recently, it was proven that Wikipedia is more reliable than the Britanic Encyclopedia, but...

I also believe Silver is Giovanni's son, but there are many ambiguities. And until it's said directly, it's just especulation.

Still, he's the most likely candidate. But eh... I shall keep an open mind until it's actually proven. =/

Supreme Edgeboy Max
May 10th, 2006, 8:33 AM
Recently, it was proven that Wikipedia is more reliable than the Britanic Encyclopedia, but...

I also believe Silver is Giovanni's son, but there are many ambiguities. And until it's said directly, it's just especulation.

Still, he's the most likely candidate. But eh... I shall keep an open mind until it's actually proven. =/
Wiki > all other 'clopedias.
Its already been hinted way too much that Silver may just be Giovanni's son though.

Elusive
May 11th, 2006, 5:01 PM
I doubt it's Silver. I think that Giovanni's son is yet to be found. Maybe some character in D/P. .-. Could happen.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
May 18th, 2006, 3:34 AM
If it Silver as Giovanni's son why won't they tell us for.

:t094:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Toothache
May 18th, 2006, 3:37 AM
I'm not convinced that the GSC rival is Giovanni's son, just because of one obscure reference. Even if he was, I doubt it would matter too much, IIRC the GSC rival didn't like Team Rocket much either, or never got involved with them.

MasterWGS
June 7th, 2006, 8:12 AM
You know, for a long time I thought Red was supposed to be Giovanni's son, since we never really get to hear what happened to his father, but this Silver thing makes a lot of sense...

Idunno, I've never really put that much thought into it. I guess it would make sense, but I think it'd be cooler if Giovanni's son came back in D/P.

EDIT: Oh, and sorry for reviving a rather dead topic, but I just sorta found this interesting...

/Apologize

.: Giovanni :.
June 7th, 2006, 6:37 PM
Yes, I'm here too put an end to this controversy. My son is...

Anyway...it's quite possible that both the G/S/C rival has red hair and his son does too. Maybe it his or maybe its not. Until they actually tell us all we can do is guess.

Natsuki
June 8th, 2006, 5:10 PM
Giovanni doesn't exactly take the role of "loving and uplifting father figure" to me. XD; And since the character Silver is rather pessimistic, maybe he's the son of a man who is inclined to betrayl, deceit and a sense of carelessness in his role as a parent, such as Giovanni. :O

Of course that's nothing but my personal opinions. XD Anyway, I do believe it to be quite possible that Silver could be Giovanni's son...and because I have nothing else to say ATM I'm going to end this post right now. :x

~Kelsey

Rioku_Zanketa
June 8th, 2006, 5:57 PM
I'm one of the guys who think he is his son.....so....meh,plus that would mean less confusion....so....like I said,....meh....:cool:

Gary, the Magic Fairy
June 8th, 2006, 6:17 PM
This is what I think:
-It cant be Lance or Lorelei, because he couldn't mistake a 20-something year old for a kid.
-Misty could be his kid, because she's about the right age, and it could be a girl(Its says the same thing with a female character)
-Its either Misty or Silver, Misty and Silver, or someone not in any game/episode/movie/etc. so far.

miyo
June 17th, 2006, 6:22 AM
they're only in there late-20's/early-30's.

Lance's age group would fit, but Lorelei......? Hmmmm... she looks pretty old for that age group for me..
sry if I went out of topic :P

Blaze Dragon
June 17th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Silver IS Giovanni´s son. Some proof:
-On FR/LG the scientist says that Giovanni´s son has red hair
-Silver hates Team Rocket. It could be because his father, their leader, didn´t gave him the right time
-Silver´s nature is almost the same as Giovanni
And finally the useless proof:
-On FRLG Chapter 28, Stork says to Silver that he is Giovanni´s son

The Songbird
June 17th, 2006, 8:16 PM
I say Silver is Gio's son, for a few reasons...

1. The big one. Their personalities are very similar, including stealing other people's Pokies and basically treating them like servants (at least before Silver realizes the error of his ways, and Gio's Persian may be an exception.)

2. I think that Silver's true reason for hating the Rockets is because he dislikes his own dad, perhaps because he wasn't treated too kindly. Not too surprising on Gio's part.

3. If you look at their expressions, they aren't really that different. They both have a little sinister touch to them. Their hair is extremely different though. XD

4. They both want to be the toughest trainer in the world. And both seem to care about strong Pokies and victory over most things. (Again, Giovanni's Persian may be an exception)

BUT... Who's Silver's mommy??? XD

enyce
June 17th, 2006, 8:22 PM

OMG ive been wondering the same thing...But since he has red hair and Giovanni doesnt. Im guessing Lorelei of the elite four. Or some strange female character we werent introduced to yet.

Jorah
June 18th, 2006, 3:22 AM
Maybe Misty is his mum...hehe nope. Definatly not, waay too young. Anyway, I agree with the reasons why Silver wouldn't like Team Rocket because of his dad. And I agree that the mother would probably be someone strong, not a weak trainer.

Kylie-chan
June 18th, 2006, 3:43 AM
There obviously is a mother; the mother just mightn't play a part in it. -shrug- Hell, Silver might even be a kid of a totally different person.

Kraka-chan
June 18th, 2006, 8:58 AM
I think Silver (my rival's name is Jack) is Giovanni's son. He has nicked a Pokemon from the start of G/S/C (Team Rocket's theivery). And he says a lot of being the most powerful trainer, and he has no respect for his Pokemon (definately Rocket worthy).
If he is, there should be evidence in the R/B/Y and G/S/C plot that connects this with TR's split.
Oh, and Silver also appears in Pokemon Stadium 2 with Lugia, Ho-oh and Mewtwo. So he has a facination with Legendaries (Rockets again).

DragonMaster Azyo
June 18th, 2006, 2:04 PM
What does the legendary pokemon in Pokemon Stadium 2 have to do with anything? Pokemon Stadium I dont think has any connection with the games or manga.

kiarou
June 20th, 2006, 9:11 AM
its obvious who silvers mom is, he has red hair, gio doesnt, so his mom had red hair, who has red hair? welll. ASH’S MOM HAS RED HAIR!!!!

enyce
June 20th, 2006, 8:12 PM
its obvious who silvers mom is, he has red hair, gio doesnt, so his mom had red hair, who has red hair? welll. ASH’S MOM HAS RED HAIR!!!!

OMFG...so you;re saying ash and silver are brothers

Delia and Giovanni two sons

oh the horror

Rioku_Zanketa
June 20th, 2006, 8:15 PM
I got a really good Idea:how come people never ask the creatores about these things?....just wanna know....

anywho,...hey never did mention the father of ash,so I guess that could be possible...

feraligatr1.0
June 20th, 2006, 10:08 PM
woah, he blew my mind, I have always wondered about ash's dad. What it in the manga and anime they made a special episode showing this...
And showed ash in chronicals after the pokemon series ended, making a new episode never seen anywhere...
I wonder if I could seen that to nintendo...

kiarou
June 21st, 2006, 6:38 AM
maybe they could make a movie about ash's dad,something diffrent, it should get them off of the normal movie plots

MasterWGS
June 21st, 2006, 8:39 AM
Here's a thought, as crazy as it is... so bare with me...

Okay, in Fire Red and Leaf Green (the game this line was taken from), Gary has reddish orange hair... We know Oak is Gary's Grandpa, but have we ever known who his father is? I mean, the Rocket guy never said Gio's son knew about Team Rocket, so Gary might not even know...

I don't know, it was a crazy thought that came to me last night. Probably nothing, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

SephirothX
June 21st, 2006, 8:51 AM
I think Gio is Prof. Oak's son, so that would mean Gary is Giovanni's kid. Gary does have reddISH hair, so that makes it a bit likely.
Basically, I agree with Grant.

kiarou
July 1st, 2006, 9:35 AM
silver IS gios son
read the last paragraph in the summry (http://serebii.net/manga/characters/rocket.shtml)

reshiram226
July 23rd, 2012, 6:23 PM
I say Silver is Gio's son, for a few reasons...

1. The big one. Their personalities are very similar, including stealing other people's Pokies and basically treating them like servants (at least before Silver realizes the error of his ways, and Gio's Persian may be an exception.)

2. I think that Silver's true reason for hating the Rockets is because he dislikes his own dad, perhaps because he wasn't treated too kindly. Not too surprising on Gio's part.

3. If you look at their expressions, they aren't really that different. They both have a little sinister touch to them. Their hair is extremely different though. XD

4. They both want to be the toughest trainer in the world. And both seem to care about strong Pokies and victory over most things. (Again, Giovanni's Persian may be an exception)

actually Ariana and giovanni mated and the hatched mars from team galactic and silver

bwburke94
July 24th, 2012, 8:24 AM
SHORT ANSWER:

Confirmed in Japanese (via HGSS Celebi event)
Highly probable in English (via FRLG Rocket Warehouse and HGSS Celebi event)

Rodriguezjames55
July 24th, 2012, 8:35 AM
yes celbi event in hg/ss confirmed it fire red implied it

Oryx
July 25th, 2012, 12:01 AM
There was absolutely no reason to bump this.