PDA

View Full Version : May Contest Discussion Thread

Zone
May 5th, 2006, 01:06 PM
This thread is for discussing the contest and its entries.

The judges are currently me, The Black Hedgehog and Houndoom1.

Discussion Rules
-If you want to know how people feel about your entry before submitting it, show it here.
-If you're going to criticize work either posted here or at the entry thread, make it constructive criticism.
-No spam, of course.

_Manafi_
May 5th, 2006, 01:14 PM
i can be a judge if you want i all ready judged the PokéCommunity Artstravaganza two times

so i will be a judge

Zone
May 5th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Okay, you are now a judge for the contest.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
May 5th, 2006, 01:17 PM
can I be a judge for the may contest?

Signomi
May 5th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Don't forget the rules of the contest and what others should comprehend if they enter.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
May 5th, 2006, 01:27 PM
alright. I'll go REread the pixel rules just in case.

Chizzy
May 5th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Im here if you need a Judge, I know my way around the Art Section, with a number of Comics and Fakemon to my name.

Therefore i will put myself foward as a judge.

Zone
May 5th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Enu, you are now also a judge. I also added rules to both threads. Maneachicken, we don't need any more judges, sorry.

Chizzy
May 5th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Fair Enough! Good Luck to all the Participants! I Might Enter one, but it'll turn out quite bad!

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
May 5th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Well, try our best.
who knows? it may turn out good.

Chizzy
May 5th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Well, at the Moment I Can't get any inspiration.... I know you lot don't want to give away idea's, so ill keep my mouth shut. Another good luck to all future participants that read these comments!

Esupio
May 6th, 2006, 12:11 AM
JOY, NON-EXPIERENCED PIXEL ARTISTS WILL BE JUDGING, WHAT NEXT?
(Zone your fine)

and I could have sworn there was already a spring themed contest ages ago O.o

Chizzy
May 6th, 2006, 12:34 AM
(Zone your fine)

I Partially Agree with what youve said Esupio...but i don't think there has beena spring contest...anywya, i won't be entering this contest.

_Manafi_
May 6th, 2006, 01:46 AM
(Zone your fine)

i know that my sprites need alot of work but that dose not mean i cant be a good judge

just because some one ante good them self dose not mean that cant be a good judge

like the old adage those who cant do can teach [/rant]

ok i am done ranting

Lil Chikarita's eevee looks good looks like she's rolling around in the grass

i cant wait too see more ppl's entry's

Zone
May 6th, 2006, 02:02 AM
(Zone your fine)

All the experienced pixel artists are entering the contest. Unless you happen to know who is a good one but isn't entering.

Fox♠
May 6th, 2006, 02:03 AM
Zone, you do realise accepting the first people to apply for judges is possibly the most stupid thing you could do right? Did you even give them a test?

Zone
May 6th, 2006, 02:04 AM
Zone, you do realise accepting the first people to apply for judges is possibly the most stupid thing you could do right? Did you even give them a test?

I have a problem with doing things like that. >_> I'll make a test now and PM it to the people.

Allstories
May 6th, 2006, 04:48 AM
I have a problem with doing things like that. >_> I'll make a test now and PM it to the people.

Haha, you WOMAN. You're the one in charge of the contest, not Vaati. If you can't show good decision-making skills OR backbone, maybe you're not cut out to host a contest.

Signomi
May 6th, 2006, 04:58 AM
Perhaps I should've thought otherwise to what I thought when I allowed you to host this contest. If you don't consider what you have to comprehend when hosting a contest along with having judges then perhaps you shouldn't be hosting the contest. Don't let just anyone become a judge. Only those you see who can give out decent comments on artwork. Otherwise you shall be deprived of any judges and be forced to host the contest on your own, which isn't something I'd really take any pleasure to enforce upon you. ;/

Fox♠
May 6th, 2006, 05:02 AM
Allstories and Signomi are right ya know.

I fore-see a repeat of september's contest >.<

DarkGreg
May 6th, 2006, 05:06 AM
Allstories and Signomi are right ya know.

I fore-see a repeat of september's contest >.<

I do aswell my brother told me about that

You should choose your judges wisely

Chizzy
May 6th, 2006, 05:08 AM
No! Not another September! AARRGGHH!!!!! Somebody Do Something! And Zone, could you PM me a Test? I would quite like to have a go...

Allstories
May 6th, 2006, 05:08 AM
Plus, we already had a season-themed contest, and no one went to great lengths to adhere to the theme then either. We need to stop using such vague, retarded themes that people construe to fit their pixel art, instead of just making the pixel art go along with the theme in the first place.

Chizzy
May 6th, 2006, 05:11 AM
How about 'Popular Disney Charachters?' That hasn't been done before as far as i know...

Zone
May 6th, 2006, 05:40 AM
Okay, I'll completely change everything. New judges, new theme. The judges didn't do too well in the tests I had, so I'll get rid of them.

The new theme: Arcade games from the 80's. Is that good enough for you, or is it too broad?
The current judges: Me. PM me to become a judge.

Allstories
May 6th, 2006, 06:54 AM
Maneachicken's entry isn't pixel art. This is retarded.

_Manafi_
May 6th, 2006, 06:59 AM
i am with Allstories on this

that is no pixel art

come on ppl please get with the program

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
May 6th, 2006, 07:17 AM
Think so to. It looks like it took 5 minutes but atleast he tryed.

Zone
May 6th, 2006, 07:19 AM
Think so to. It looks like it took 5 minutes but atleast he tryed.

At least he tried? Taking, as you said, 5 minutes to make something isn't trying. Maneachicken, put effort into your entry. And Space Invaders is from 1978.

DarkGreg
May 6th, 2006, 07:27 AM

I think maneachicken's entry was OK

You should stop insulting him

Zone
May 6th, 2006, 07:29 AM
I think maneachicken's entry was OK

You should stop insulting him

The time it took him to make it was around 30 minutes (he told me he was making an entry at 10:16 and posted the entry at 10:49).

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
May 6th, 2006, 07:32 AM
At least he tried? Taking, as you said, 5 minutes to make something isn't trying. Maneachicken, put effort into your entry. And Space Invaders is from 1978.
ya know, I was tying to be nice. God, atleast he entered.

Zone
May 6th, 2006, 07:37 AM
ya know, I was tying to be nice. God, atleast he entered.

Don't be nice, be truthful.

Fox♠
May 6th, 2006, 07:38 AM
This is an even bigger travisty then september.

Zone
May 6th, 2006, 07:39 AM
What happened in September?

Frostfur
May 6th, 2006, 07:45 AM
i dunno but, what does anyone think of my entry?

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
May 6th, 2006, 07:48 AM
What happened in September?
The theme was Superheros
The winner made a pixel of a hearacoss with a red cape flying.
P.S. how old are you?

Fox♠
May 6th, 2006, 07:52 AM
i dunno but, what does anyone think of my entry?
I never knew that Duck Hunter was in arcades aswell.

Chizzy
May 6th, 2006, 07:53 AM
Hello...To keep my Dignity Intact, Stop Flaming me, and don't call me retarded. I swear that there is a rule against that. and that is my First ever Pixel art. an isn't the definition of Pixel Art: art drawn using pixels? and sorry, i didn't realise that space invaders was 1978.

Oh, and a little encorougement doesn't hurt...and yes, my entry is crap...maybe because its my first EVER pixel art, give me some grief!

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
May 6th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Hello...To keep my Dignity Intact, Stop Flaming me, and don't call me retarded. I swear that there is a rule against that. and that is my First ever Pixel art. an isn't the definition of Pixel Art: art drawn using pixels? and sorry, i didn't realise that space invaders was 1978
well, I was atleast trying to be nice a honest at the same. ----
:paranoid:

Zone
May 6th, 2006, 07:58 AM
The theme was Superheros
The winner made a pixel of a hearacoss with a red cape flying.
P.S. how old are you?

So all that happened in September was that the only pixel arts submitted were horrible, or a horrible one won against good ones? And 14.

Chizzy
May 6th, 2006, 08:00 AM
I think that age thing was meant to be sarcastic. anyway, is anyone going to give me constructive critisicm as well an enu? instead of, This is Retarded, its not even pixel art...

encorougement wouldn't hurt either...so lay off me for a bit please...

Zone
May 6th, 2006, 08:06 AM
I think that age thing was meant to be sarcastic. anyway, is anyone going to give me constructive critisicm as well an enu? instead of, This is Retarded, its not even pixel art...

encorougement wouldn't hurt either...so lay off me for a bit please...

The space invader has no shading and appears to be a sprite from the game made bigger.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
May 6th, 2006, 08:08 AM
This disscution thread is turing into a flame war. Just over a pixel art entry? come on! I meen it's just art. art...0_0

Chizzy
May 6th, 2006, 08:09 AM
Zone, that is actually my own space invader sprite. each square is 8x8. I did make it myself, and i'll kindly Improve my entry if necessary, but i can't see how a 80's game sprite is mean't to have shading when it is 2D...

Signomi
May 6th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Ok, everyone. STOP the controversy and CALM DOWN. There's no need to be insolent for any reason. Atleast tell him what may be wrong with his entry so he may edit it to appropriate standards. Meanwhile refrain from anymore arguements.

Zone
May 6th, 2006, 08:17 AM
I agree. If there's an entry you dislike, just give some constructive criticism to the author and then move on.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
May 6th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Me too. I just hope the contest entrys don't bring up anymore arguments.

Chizzy
May 6th, 2006, 08:24 AM
So any advice anyone? If not Zone, give me the Judge test through PM, but i doubt ive prooved that im any good. But, just becasue i can't pixel art doesn't mean im no good at judging it...So any CC?

Zone
May 6th, 2006, 08:28 AM
I'm not using the test. I have other ways of evaluating people who want to be judges.

Chizzy
May 6th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Oh...so i guess im not in...sigh...

Dragonfree
May 6th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Uh... I don't see how Maneachicken's entry is not pixel art. Looks like pixel art to me. Where are you seeing anti-alias or signs of it having been drawn with tools?

Chizzy
May 6th, 2006, 01:02 PM
I drew the thing on MS Paint using loads of shades of Yellow, and i even drew the Space invader Myself! I would like to know the definition of Pixel Art!

Dragonfree
May 6th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Pixel art = art created on the pixel level (drawing one pixel at a time or at least cleaning up one pixel at a time).

Allstories
May 6th, 2006, 01:06 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixel_art

It's obvious that you didn't edit anything on the pixel level. You created Pacman with the circle tool, and the space invader, whether you made it or not, is just a bunch of bloody squares. Pacman's expression and the question mark are just a bunch of ugly scribbles which you clearly made no attempt whatsoever to clean up, and the text was created with the text tool. There's nothing there that you actually created on the pixel level that can actually be called art. Pixel art is NOT just drawing while zoomed in.

Jasmine's #1 fan
May 6th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Hey what about shadow raquazza. how is that from the 80's. And he did not make those chao unless he is this guy http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5362/chaoamy7bf.gif (http://imageshack.us)
none of the chao are his. all he did was the backround

Esupio
May 7th, 2006, 02:38 AM
i am with Allstories on this

that is no pixel art

come on ppl please get with the program
if allstories didn't say that you wouldn't.

just finished my spring entry to see the theme changed ¬¬

Zone
May 7th, 2006, 02:58 AM
just finished my spring entry to see the theme changed ¬¬

Sorry about that. >_>

Shadow Rayquaza, your entry is disqualified for not being based on an arcade game from the 80's and for just being a compilation of stolen sprites. Even the background of it is stolen, you can still see the credit tags.

Signomi
May 7th, 2006, 03:13 AM
Shadow Rayquaza: Do NOT use material in your entries that belong to other people. Everything in your entry has to be your OWN work. And your entry must be applicable to the theme. So therefore your entry has been disqualified.

Dragonfree
May 7th, 2006, 04:45 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixel_art

It's obvious that you didn't edit anything on the pixel level. You created Pacman with the circle tool, and the space invader, whether you made it or not, is just a bunch of bloody squares. Pacman's expression and the question mark are just a bunch of ugly scribbles which you clearly made no attempt whatsoever to clean up, and the text was created with the text tool. There's nothing there that you actually created on the pixel level that can actually be called art. Pixel art is NOT just drawing while zoomed in.
So basically you want to disqualify it on basis of quality, not on basis of not being pixel art.

While the question mark looks jagged and rather ugly, Pacman's mouth is clearly either drawn pixel by pixel or at least cleaned up, because if you zoom in, you can see that all the 'lines' of pixels that make up the mouth are joined at the corners, but never by two pixels one above the other. When you just draw freehand with the Pencil tool, the outcome never looks like that.

Zone
May 7th, 2006, 05:14 AM
So basically you want to disqualify it on basis of quality, not on basis of not being pixel art.

While the question mark looks jagged and rather ugly, Megaman's mouth is clearly either drawn pixel by pixel or at least cleaned up, because if you zoom in, you can see that all the 'lines' of pixels that make up the mouth are joined at the corners, but never by two pixels one above the other. When you just draw freehand with the Pencil tool, the outcome never looks like that.

Megaman? It's Pac-Man. And who cares about the mouth possibly being made while zoomed in, it still looks horrible and took about 30 minutes to make.

Allstories
May 7th, 2006, 05:16 AM
The mouth's odd curvature is indicative of poor use of the curved line tool.

Kurosaki Ichigo
May 7th, 2006, 06:08 AM
Hmm, you obviously seem to have done this as Pixelart, well at least it seems that way, and the part of being from the 80s game is correct, not sure if its an Arcade game though, but otherwise i see no problems, except it was called "Duck Hunt", and not "Duck Hunter", okay?

Signomi
May 7th, 2006, 06:12 AM
Kakashi...can you please STOP posting non entries in the entry thread? You did that once in the other one, I expect you not to do so again.

Kurosaki Ichigo
May 7th, 2006, 06:15 AM
+blinks+ I'm a judge, so i was just stating stuff >.>, i can't do entrys if i'm a judge can i Sis?

Signomi
May 7th, 2006, 06:16 AM
I meant you're not allowed to comment in the entry thread, regardless if you're a judge or not. People can only post entries in that thread. Why do you think we have a seperate thread for discussion?

And no, you can't.

Kurosaki Ichigo
May 7th, 2006, 06:18 AM
+falls over+ Sue me i saw judge stuff being done once before on the Entry Thread ¬_¬, anyhow that was my mistake...sorry Sis, i think next time i should of asked about that.

Lokhlan
May 7th, 2006, 06:51 AM
And so the May contest begins...

Kurosaki Ichigo
May 7th, 2006, 06:58 AM
Yes...so it does...and that was a retorical question Sis, anyway, can we please try to not have anymore of this spam, and fighting, its obskure, and its un-needed, so no more of it, make constructive critisicm, and thats all, and remember all work must be your own, enjoy!

Lokhlan
May 7th, 2006, 07:12 AM
Well yes sir Mr. Kakashi Hatake the Mod. Oh wait, your not one. :rollseyes:
None-the-less, good advice though.

Kurosaki Ichigo
May 7th, 2006, 07:14 AM
^_~, yeah i've had the experience as a moderator and a administrator so i'm pretty used to backseat modding lol, anyway, now i'm spamming, so yeah, enjoy yourselves ^_^

Zone
May 7th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Yes...so it does...and that was a retorical question Sis, anyway, can we please try to not have anymore of this spam, and fighting, its obskure, and its un-needed, so no more of it, make constructive critisicm, and thats all, and remember all work must be your own, enjoy!

All that is already cleared up on the main post in the topic.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
May 7th, 2006, 07:19 AM
All that is already cleared up on the main post in the topic.
yeah, I think it was on page 2 where people needed to make constuctive critisicm.

_Manafi_
May 7th, 2006, 07:42 AM
i am making a pixel art of a old school starfighter

i will have to finish it l8er

edit: i have posted it now hope yall like it

Allstories
May 7th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Hey, no resizing. You have to post the whole thing.

_Manafi_
May 7th, 2006, 07:46 PM
it is the whole thing its so big it would take a year too lode but fine hold on

and i will go get it

i did not know i could not resize sorry

edit: have put a link to the full thing sorry this is my first time :(

Esupio
May 8th, 2006, 06:39 AM
it is the whole thing its so big it would take a year too lode but fine hold on

and i will go get it

i did not know i could not resize sorry

edit: have put a link to the full thing sorry this is my first time :(
It just looks like its a one square made and then you've copied and pasted it and then re-coloured it

Gary, the Magic Fairy
May 8th, 2006, 12:44 PM
It just looks like its a one square made and then you've copied and pasted it and then re-coloured itJust because all the squares look the same doesn't nescisarily mean he copied/pasted it.

Good job Aquilamon :)(I love the 3D look)

AssassinX
May 8th, 2006, 01:13 PM
I really like it, That looks like a took some time, Good work.

Allstories
May 8th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Just because all the squares look the same doesn't nescisarily mean he copied/pasted it.
...Yes, it does. Why on earth would he do them individually? That would just be a waste of time.

_Manafi_
May 8th, 2006, 02:01 PM
thanks for all the nice comments yall

it was hard and took me 4 hours to do it

and i think i did good

btw if you dont know what the real one looked like this is it

Zone
May 8th, 2006, 02:52 PM
I agree with Esupio, it looks like a big copy & paste job. A more complicated one because of its isometricness, but still just copy & pasting. And recoloring.

Allstories
May 8th, 2006, 02:58 PM
It's not that it's not pixel art, it's just not that impressive. There's nothing dynamic about it.

Kurosaki Ichigo
May 8th, 2006, 05:25 PM
I was going to say the same thing, if you ask me it looks like he simply used a line tool, and colored in, but thats my opinion.

Domin-8
May 8th, 2006, 07:10 PM
I like G-Man's, shading may look somewhat bad i don't know I can't shade well anyway, but I still like it.

Klippy
May 8th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Thanks, oh, yeah, the shading on what??

Domin-8
May 8th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Jsut liek in general, i believe i only saw like two colors of green and brown ans such ( for like the buildings and the like) but it looks fine. I can't tell, but did you make the circles by hand or use the circle tool?

Klippy
May 8th, 2006, 07:18 PM
I did 1/2 of it by hand, then, copied it, flipped it, then, put it on next to the other 1/2 I did.

Wait, which circles?

_Manafi_
May 8th, 2006, 09:12 PM
i did not use a line tool i did it pixel by pixel

i have seen a lot of ppl use this same thing on a very good pixel art site

but w/e

it dose not help that one judge dose not like me –_–

Lokhlan
May 8th, 2006, 11:22 PM
*is wondering what Allstories is brewing up for the contest*

Kurosaki Ichigo
May 9th, 2006, 12:56 AM
Didn't mean it like that, just simple observation.

Zone
May 9th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Fire Mario wasn't in any arcade games from the 80's, so I'll have to disqualify Unseen Idiot's current entry.

Allstories
May 9th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Wait, I didn't see it, what was it? The only Fire Mario I can think of that you could mean is Mario with fireball power, which was introduced in Super Mario Bros in 1985.

Kurosaki Ichigo
May 9th, 2006, 11:23 AM
As much as i hate to agree....i beleive that was true....

Zone
May 9th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Wait, I didn't see it, what was it? The only Fire Mario I can think of that you could mean is Mario with fireball power, which was introduced in Super Mario Bros in 1985.

It was a red background with some other random little details to it, with a few words, and the tilted head of Fire Mario from SMB. That's the Fire Mario I meant (the one you just described).

And it seems he reposted it.

Signomi
May 9th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Nah, actually I restored it. I wanted to see feedback from someone else so I'd be certain with what to do with the post.

Allstories
May 9th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Ehh, I think I kind of regret defending it now, but there's not anything wrong with it theme-wise (It is a JPEG, however).

Klippy
May 9th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Super Mario Bros. for the NES did come out in the '80s. But, I made Mario entry first. -_-

Kurosaki Ichigo
May 9th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Exactly what i was trying to refer to anyway, the main descision comes down to Zone i guess o.o

Klippy
May 9th, 2006, 03:37 PM
You're a judge too. So, it's up to you both. Well, when I was first told that he did a Mario entry like mine, I thought you meant with all the dot people and stuff.

Zone
May 9th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Super Mario Bros. for the NES did come out in the '80s. But, I made Mario entry first. -_-

There can be more than one Mario entry, and yours isn't even completely Mario, it's partially generic arcade shmups. It (Unseen Idiot's entry) was disqualified because Fire Mario wasn't in any arcade games.

You're a judge too. So, it's up to you both. Well, when I was first told that he did a Mario entry like mine, I thought you meant with all the dot people and stuff.

Who's a judge too? None of the judges (aside from me) are anyone you could be referring to.

Klippy
May 9th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Uhhh...mine was disqualified? Or his?

And, I meant Black Hedgehog/Kakashi.

Zone
May 9th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Black Hedgehog is Kakashi? Why did they ever add the option of changing your name?

Kurosaki Ichigo
May 10th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Lol, i would of thought my signature layout was obvious and it says it in my signature lol, but just ment since Zone is like...the boss lol.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
May 10th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Are NES games "Arcade games"? Was SMB an Arcade game?

Allstories
May 10th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Pretty much, yeah:

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=10371&letter=V

Frostfur
May 10th, 2006, 05:51 PM
AWW! Cowrie's entry is adorable! dontcha guys think?

Zone
May 11th, 2006, 03:03 AM
Pretty much, yeah:

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=10371&letter=V

Oh, it was an arcade game and not just a NES game. Time to undisqualify.

AssassinX
May 14th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Ok, there are currently 7 entries are more people going to enter and is 7 going to be enough

Zone
May 15th, 2006, 03:02 AM
Ok, there are currently 7 entries are more people going to enter and is 7 going to be enough

There are still two weeks and a day before the end of the contest, plenty of time for more people to enter.

Houndoom1
May 15th, 2006, 01:08 PM

In the last contest there was 10 or 20 something so I'm sure there will be more entries coming in.

AssassinX
May 15th, 2006, 06:13 PM
all right i was just checking

Kurosaki Ichigo
May 16th, 2006, 02:46 AM
Hey guys don't worry i'm still judging, ^_~, just been busy and all, but letting you know ^_^

Allstories
May 18th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Here is my Pixle Art:

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i38/JakeDaRapa/Rampageeditted.jpg

*commits seppuku*

Do you honestly think you're fooling anyone? Do you think we're all completely retarded? Why is the pixel art concept so indecipherable to people? Can't you people get it through your heads?

Zone
May 18th, 2006, 02:21 PM
I'm pretty sure his "pixel art" is just a screenshot from the game. I PMed him to ask him, and he'll end up disqualified after he responds even though he's already pretty much disqualified.

Kurosaki Ichigo
May 18th, 2006, 02:24 PM
I really do agree man ¬_¬, its really annoying, it makes your head just want to explode....

Houndoom1
May 18th, 2006, 02:58 PM
I have to agree I'm not so sure he made it.

JakeDaRappa
May 18th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Guys, I'm sorry, but I'm a NOOB!! And i redid the hole thing from someone esle! i forgot to give them credit and im sorry! wanna see how I eddited it, then look at the difference:
-Origianal:
http://www.kaejae-worx.com/users/don/videogames/rampage/images/action_amstrad.gif
-Mine:
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i38/JakeDaRapa/Rampageeditted.jpg

Now I'll credit them
(the basic screenshot is provided by kaeja wox.com (www.kaejae-worx.com/users/don/videogames/rampage/versions))

I dont have very much high tech programs on my computer, so..... its like a freakin new computer!

Zone
May 18th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Okay, you're disqualified. Actually make pixel art for your entry.

Houndoom1
May 18th, 2006, 05:08 PM
@JakeDaRappa: you can enter again just make the work original not someone else's work you edited.

Allstories
May 19th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Welp, my entry is up. Check it out.

Lokhlan
May 19th, 2006, 06:26 PM
The darker colors you chose really seem to give off a retro feel. It looks like I'm watching mario think back to an earlier time and your entry is his thought bubble. (Ahem, if any of that makes sense to anyone, +1 Tendo retard point for you) Of course, I like your pixel art style anyways, so I'm probably a bit partial. =\

Esupio
May 20th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Woah,I like it alot Allstories, I'm kinda speechless, you either have a load of talent or a heck of alot of time on your hands or both

Signomi
May 20th, 2006, 12:24 AM
JakeDaRappa and Allstories: Don't censor bypass for any reason what so ever. Keep a calm composure if you are to post, even if you ARE angry, you're NOT allowed to swear let alone bypass the censor. If I catch you two doing it again then that's a warning.

And guys, report a post if it reaks the rules. Don't just ignore it. And Tendo, take care of a post if it breaks the rules, don't just disregard it.

Lokhlan
May 20th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Eh, I'm like so lost right now...
I never saw either JakeDa or Ally censor bypass in this thread, which btw was the only thread I posted in yesterday... Again, assuming yesterday was when this took place. Like I said, I'm just extremely confuzzled by your post Siggy. o.o;

One thing I am sure about though, I didn't disregard anything on purpose.

Signomi
May 20th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Well, they did censor bypass, but you probably didn't notice. Don't worry about it too much.

Remember guys to think about the composition of your entry before posting in the entry thread, just to avoid having to disqualify enries that either don't fit the theme or doesn't fit Pixel Art requirements.

Zone
May 30th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Me and Houndoom1 have decided to start judging now, but you can still enter. One of our judges has been banned for some reason, and depending on when the ban ends, he may or may not still be judging the contest. If he is reading this right now, he should go and judge them and I'll make contact with him eventually to get them.