PDA

View Full Version : Teen Pregnancy

Marceline
May 7th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Well, I was just wondering if you guys actually support this topic. My sister got pregnant when she was only sixteen. =/

Do you guys not support this topic or do you guys think that teens are free to do their own choices?

I hope this thread is allowed. ^_^

ShadowKP1
May 7th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Well if teens get pregnant let' sjust hope their husbands don't turn and kill them.

Seriously though if you get pregnant and you don't have a plan or the money for the baby than you are an idiot. If you get drunk and have sex with another drunken guy and get pregnant that's a really stupid way to get pregnant.

Anacortes
May 7th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Use A Condom.

They should improve their sex ed classes, so that students actually pay attention to the issues that are being hinted.

I personally find nothing wrong with teenage pregnancy. I mean; maybe they were destined to be pregnant as a young age. If they don't want the child the option of abortion is always there. I'm not saying it should be encouraged or anything, but if you indeed have no plan as to how to care for the child it's better to let it go than give birth to it and make them misrable.

joyce : the fluffy pirate~
May 7th, 2006, 10:08 AM
I totally agree with Seventh Petal
I mean , you get so much education , just use a condom then o_0

My parents are also going to kill me if I get home pregnant >_<

Persona
May 7th, 2006, 10:18 AM
...i don't think this kind of topic is allowed in PC, but i could be wrong.

Marceline
May 7th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Yeah, I know. ._.

Um, someone can close this . . . if they want.

Rayquazan
May 7th, 2006, 01:00 PM
i dont support such thing. if you get pregnant at that age maybe you would probably be forced to have an abortion and if you havent seen photos of abortion then believe me its not a nice thing to do. btw why are you asking about this?

Allstories
May 7th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Yeah, I know. ._.

Um, someone can close this . . . if they want.

I'm pretty sure these sort of topics are allowed as long as it stays civil, and not too many people whine about it not being allowed.

Jirachi-master
May 7th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Well, I was just wondering if you guys actually support this topic. My sister got pregnant when she was only sixteen. =/

Do you guys not support this topic or do you guys think that teens are free to do their own choices?

I hope this thread is allowed. ^_^

Getting pregant requiers doing something you should not be doing until you are married. Unless you were raped,(in which case you need some counseling to help you through it) I have no sympathy for getting pregant in your teens if you didnt want to. You did it, now you should be forced to bear the consequences. I do not support abortion or contraception in any sense. So either dont do it at all or just accept the pregnancy.

fallen_natsumixx
May 7th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Let's just say I'm not a big supportor of Teen Pregnancy.

It's stupid, you go out to some wild party while you're still in your teens and you get drunk, have sex, end up pregnent and wind up having an abortion. If you're not going to keep the baby, use a condom or don't have sex. The human race is just blergh now.

AssassinX
May 7th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Getting pregant requiers doing something you should not be doing until you are married. Unless you were raped,(in which case you need some counseling to help you through it) I have no sympathy for getting pregant in your teens if you didnt want to. You did it, now you should be forced to bear the consequences. I do not support abortion or contraception in any sense. So either dont do it at all or just accept the pregnancy.
I dont belive you should be married to have sex, but I do think there is some responsibility involved like:
Finding out if your partner has an STD
Using a condom
Proper Pretection
You should also consider the Pros and Cons.

Now im not saying people should just go do it with everyone they see, Do it when it feels right.

Lily
May 7th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Also bear in mind 'teen pregnancy' is not only justified by wild parties and ignorance of the presence of drugs/alcohol.

I neither love nor hate it. If the person is fully aware of the consequences and risks she is taking, then it wouldn't be morally unjust; however, if someone intentionally gets herself pregnant without ever touching upon the matters of future results, then that's another story. There's also the problem of unintentionally/forcefully getting pregnant..x_x

Jirachi-master
May 7th, 2006, 01:41 PM
hey, condoms arnt 100% garunteed to protect you from anything. Not doing it at all, however, is 100%

Persona
May 7th, 2006, 01:44 PM
hey, condoms arnt 100% garunteed to protect you from anything. Not doing it at all, however, is 100%

i think it's 99% protective. 1% could still cause a girl/women to get pregnant.

Chiru
May 7th, 2006, 01:54 PM
I'm in 8th grade, and there's a pregnant girl in one of my classes. When I found out, it didn't really bother me that much. I don't know her exact situation. Even if she just made some bad decisions, it's not really right to judge her based completely on that. People make mistakes. I know some people who are the same age as me who aren't virgins, but they knew what they were getting into before they made that decision and were willing to accept the consequences. Even though I don't like the idea of so many children being born with ignorant teenage parents and I don't plan on ever getting pregnant at any age myself, I try to keep in mind that not every situation is the same. If this girl that I know were to get an abortion, that wouldn't bother me either. I think we should all just mind our own business, really.

Oh, and for the record, I've got nothing against pre-marital sex as long as you're completely positive that you love and trust the person and you won't regret it later. I've got nothing against abortion or contraception in any situation either.

Drifblim
May 7th, 2006, 02:29 PM
I'm in eleventh and I know of two people that went to my school and got pregnant this year. One was in my year, one was a sophomore. What's more, the news of the pregnancies coincided with our birth control course, and soon we'll be getting mechanical babies as a curricular requirement.

I don't support abortion as a result of incest due to the fact that it's become an excuse for many people I've known to have unprotected sex. However, I think that in cases of rape it is perfectly acceptable. Unfortunately, the government of South Dakota doesn't like abortion in any case. Good job I don't live there. :/

Marceline
May 7th, 2006, 02:32 PM
i dont support such thing. if you get pregnant at that age maybe you would probably be forced to have an abortion and if you havent seen photos of abortion then believe me its not a nice thing to do. btw why are you asking about this?

Because I thought it was an interesting topic. Besides, I can become popular with this thread~ 8D

The Dash
May 7th, 2006, 02:35 PM
If you ask me,
If your stupid enough to get yourself pregnant at such a young age you deserve it.

Tapioca
May 7th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Well...if you wanna be stupid enough to lose your virginity at such a young age, then power be to ya...

But I think its wrong. I dont plan on doing ANYTHING till im married

Allstories
May 7th, 2006, 02:57 PM
If you ask me,
If your stupid enough to get yourself pregnant at such a young age you deserve it.

Except the case is usually that the younger you are, the less wise you are. Therein lies a dilemma!

M+A fan
May 7th, 2006, 03:06 PM
i dont support this. my friend got a baby at the age of 15 and its hard. the baby is really cute but i just think she should have waited

Dawson
May 8th, 2006, 02:32 AM
Just because some of you believe in not having sex before marriage, it doesn't mean it's wrong for other people not to believe the same, so it's unfair for you to judge people based on your own beliefs.

There are three types of teen pregnancies:
-Those that are planned
-Those that aren't planned but no contraception was used
-Those that aren't planned, but they were unlucky enough to still get pregnant.

If the pregnancy was planned by the couple, and they can support the baby and give it everything it needs, where's the problem? All that matters is the baby's health and happiness. Don't forget, some people don't have huge career aspirations etc and their only goal in life is to start a family and dedicate their lives to them.

If the pregnancy wasn't planned but no condom was used, the couple only have themselves to blame. In this day and age, ALL teenagers should be well aware of the consequences of unprotected sex. We all have the sex-ed classes, where the more immature amongst us laugh whenever the words "vagina" or "penis" are used, and now most of us have parents who should also be teaching us about the same things. Not to mention how it is frowned upon by society. I mean, In England now, we have these commercials where a few teenagers are talking. This girl is bragging about having sex, thinking she's cool. The other girl asked if they used a condom, which she replied "no". The girl then called her stupid. There's another one featuring two guys, with the same outcome.

If the pregnancy wasn't planned and a condom was used, then that's just bad luck. As someone stated earlier, condoms are only 99% effective. However, it would also be wise for the girl to take contraceptive pills, which are still only 99% effective, but at least that's 99% x 2.

My beliefs are that there is no set age to have sex. I know in England the legal age is 16, and in other parts of Europe it's 14. But it all comes down to when you're ready. Everybody develops at different speeds. But if you're physically ready, mentally ready, knowing full well what's involved, and actually wanting to have sex then they're of the right age.

Sex is the most important thing in the world, it makes the world go round. Without it, nobody would be alive. But sex is also important in relationships. Sex represents an intimate physical bond between the two people and can be considered physically showing how you feel by providing pleasure for the other person, hence the term "making love". I couldn't have a relationship with someone without sex, because I know I'd be missing out on so much.

Also, sex is just too **** awesome XD

Jirachi-master
May 8th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Well...if you wanna be stupid enough to lose your virginity at such a young age, then power be to ya...

But I think its wrong. I dont plan on doing ANYTHING till im married

same here. Not only will it be more special, but if that person also waited til marriage, you dont have to use protection because since neither of you have ever been with anybody else, STD's shouldnt be an issue.

Strawberry<3
May 8th, 2006, 01:03 PM
No. I do not support it, because Teen Pregancy may lead to prostitution. But still, teens are free to do their own choice. Even if it is dumb.

Kalylia
May 8th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Support it, no.

Condemn it?

NO!

Can you honestly condem a 15-year-old girl who gets RAPED and becomes pregnant?! Do you think that it's that poor girl's fault? Was she "stupid" enough to get pregnant or did a clearly thinking adult take advantage of her young, impressional mind?

Like me?

Okay, I didn't get pregnant, but I know what it's like to be sexually abused. I was lucky.

Some girls are not.

Rape is not something that you can condemn the victem for. Take that into account before you start saying how stupid girls that get pregnant in their teens are.

Zone
May 8th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Unpurposeful teen pregnancy is the persons own fault for not using some kind of protection. If they did and it didn't work, just get an abortion or just give birth to it.

Drifblim
May 8th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Can you honestly condem a 15-year-old girl who gets RAPED and becomes pregnant?! Do you think that it's that poor girl's fault? Was she "stupid" enough to get pregnant or did a clearly thinking adult take advantage of her young, impressional mind?

Like me?

Okay, I didn't get pregnant, but I know what it's like to be sexually abused. I was lucky.

Some girls are not.

Rape is not something that you can condemn the victem for. Take that into account before you start saying how stupid girls that get pregnant in their teens are.Well, the South Dakota legislature did not think that way. Their stance is that abortion in all cases, even when someone is raped, is against the Bible and inherently wrong. This is also why we have all this family feuding among Muslim countries; the custom there is that it's a good idea to get revenge on a guy by raping his daughter. The governments there encourage this. With this at hand, it'll take a short time before radical Muslim leaders welcome South Dakota and other states led by Radical Republicans into the fold of literal thearchy.

Marceline
May 8th, 2006, 05:03 PM
What would really suck for a teen that gets pregnant is that if the guy leaves her and the baby. =| Meaning that the girl would have to become a prostitute, or luckily she will be able to receive enough money to take care of herself and the child.

M+A fan
May 8th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Just because some of you believe in not having sex before marriage, it doesn't mean it's wrong for other people not to believe the same, so it's unfair for you to judge people based on your own beliefs.

There are three types of teen pregnancies:
-Those that are planned
-Those that aren't planned but no contraception was used
-Those that aren't planned, but they were unlucky enough to still get pregnant.

If the pregnancy was planned by the couple, and they can support the baby and give it everything it needs, where's the problem? All that matters is the baby's health and happiness. Don't forget, some people don't have huge career aspirations etc and their only goal in life is to start a family and dedicate their lives to them.

If the pregnancy wasn't planned but no condom was used, the couple only have themselves to blame. In this day and age, ALL teenagers should be well aware of the consequences of unprotected sex. We all have the sex-ed classes, where the more immature amongst us laugh whenever the words "vagina" or "penis" are used, and now most of us have parents who should also be teaching us about the same things. Not to mention how it is frowned upon by society. I mean, In England now, we have these commercials where a few teenagers are talking. This girl is bragging about having sex, thinking she's cool. The other girl asked if they used a condom, which she replied "no". The girl then called her stupid. There's another one featuring two guys, with the same outcome.

If the pregnancy wasn't planned and a condom was used, then that's just bad luck. As someone stated earlier, condoms are only 99% effective. However, it would also be wise for the girl to take contraceptive pills, which are still only 99% effective, but at least that's 99% x 2.

My beliefs are that there is no set age to have sex. I know in England the legal age is 16, and in other parts of Europe it's 14. But it all comes down to when you're ready. Everybody develops at different speeds. But if you're physically ready, mentally ready, knowing full well what's involved, and actually wanting to have sex then they're of the right age.

Sex is the most important thing in the world, it makes the world go round. Without it, nobody would be alive. But sex is also important in relationships. Sex represents an intimate physical bond between the two people and can be considered physically showing how you feel by providing pleasure for the other person, hence the term "making love". I couldn't have a relationship with someone without sex, because I know I'd be missing out on so much.

Also, sex is just too **** awesome XD
you might be right (the last part was a little to much though) but some girls get pregnant under presser by their friends or boyfriends, and some girls go way to fast.

Drifblim
May 9th, 2006, 02:39 AM
http://www.teenpregnancy.org/national/quiz/

Speaking of which....

yaminokaitou
May 9th, 2006, 09:06 PM
I'm going to ignore rape here because it's really not the girl's fault that she got raped. She might have made a bad choice to walk alone at night or go to the party, but it's not like she intended to have sex. At any rate, very few women who get raped conceive, especially if they go to the doctor the next day.

With that out of the way...

I personally believe that sex should be saved for marriage, as it's an act of unity. Therefore, I can't condone having sex at all before you are married, let alone having a child.
It's not healthy for a child to grow up with such a young mother, especially if the father doesn't decide to stick around. Children need to have a stable family life with a mother and a father, so having only a single mother who is a teen is a big problem in my opinion.

If people do decide to have sex out of marriage, they should take extreme caution and protect themselves so they don't get pregnant.
And if they do get pregnant I think the best choice is putting the child up for adoption. That way the child has the possibility of growing up in an environment suitable for him.

Dawson
May 10th, 2006, 02:10 AM
And if they do get pregnant I think the best choice is putting the child up for adoption. That way the child has the possibility of growing up in an environment suitable for him.
What if the girl wants to have the child? What if she wants to be able to love, care for, protect and raise her own child? I strongly disagree that all teenage pregnancies should be put up for adoption. People have different beliefs and different strengths. Some people may want to put their child up for adoption. Yet some people wouldn't be able to bear the thought of their own baby, which they carried around and supported for 9 months, to be with another family. Some people may want to abort the pregnancy. Some people would never even consider something like an abortion. And, thus, some people would want to keep the child and raise it by themselves if need be. Turning a mistake into a blessing. You can't paint all people with the same brush. There is no definitive right or wrong solution to teen pregnancies, it's whatever is right for each individual person.

Personally, I'd never consider abortion and I disagree with adoption. If my girlfriend were to get pregnant, I'd accept my responsibilities as a man and be a father to that child, supporting the baby and my girlfriend to the best of my ability. Just because I believe in that doesn't mean I'm right and you're wrong, it just means we're different.

DR.MUNCHLAX
May 11th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Do I support teen pregnancy? Of course not, but I do not condemn it either.

When a teenage girl becomes pregnant it is not all her fault, remember kids it takes two to have a child. When a teen voluntarily has sex with another without thinking of the dangers and consequences (such as STDs and the troubles of raisign a child when one is still a child themselves) and becomes pregnant I believe that the two should figure out a solution to their problem, I believe that abortion is not an anwer to this problem, for this scenario I cannot show pity for the younge couple.
But when a girl is taken advantage of (such as rape, sexual abuse, and from pressure from the male) it is not her fault, and in that case I can pity the girl because she has been through somthing that no one ever deserves to go through.
As for your sister, if she is ready to raise this child then you should give her all the support you can because she will need it. If she chooses adoption than she will also be needing much support for that decision. What I am trying to say is that whatever she chooses to do be there for her and help her out because this will be a big event in her life and she will need her family to support her along the way.

pokejungle
May 11th, 2006, 01:43 PM
I don't condone premartial sex, and especially not teen pregnancy. Our generation needs to get less hindsight and more foresight.

As a side note, I hate how sexually active teens are these days.

~Ozy~
May 11th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Teen pregnancy... Tough topic. There's a girl in my Expos class who is one of the most responsible mothers I know. Having the child also caused her major health problems. It's a shades-of-grey issue. Legal age of consent in CO is 16, so that aspect is less debatable, but the rest... It should be taken on a case-by-case basis.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
May 20th, 2006, 04:50 AM
Boys these days are gross. They get a girl pregenant and then they leave her for someone else and do the same thing to other women.

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Dawson
May 22nd, 2006, 07:35 AM
Boys these days are gross. They get a girl pregenant and then they leave her for someone else and do the same thing to other women.

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~
WTF? Seriously, are you that immature to actually believe that? If boys are "gross" for getting girls pregnant then what the hell would you call a girl that lets some guy have sex with her without using protection? Sex requires two people, therefore it is the responsibility of both participants to ensure they are well protected. I'd even say the responsibility leans more towards the girl, since if she were to get pregnant she'd have no choice but to deal with it, whether that be childbirth or abortion. Whereas the guy has the option of being a cowardly bastard and leaving.

And I've never heard of a boy going round and getting different girls pregnant and then moving on. That's just stupid. And quite idiotic.

Razer302
May 22nd, 2006, 07:39 AM
my mum had me when she was only seventeen and she has done fine handeling everything. but i dont think teenage pregnacy is a good thing if you dont have a job and no money to pay for his things

Jirachi-master
May 22nd, 2006, 08:27 AM
I say, unless you were raped(in which case you should recieve support to care for the child) if you consented to the act that created the child, you should deal with the consequences. You dont just get pregnant like you get the flu you know.

Lord Mike
May 22nd, 2006, 02:07 PM
That's exactly why ladies are at a disadvantage. They're the ones suffering the pregnacy.

May 22nd, 2006, 02:43 PM
Well Dawson the reason why I'm saying that is because I got rapped because a boy took advantage of me.

:t094:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Lord Mike
May 23rd, 2006, 06:41 AM
Its just a cruel world today.

Razer302
May 23rd, 2006, 06:52 AM
i hate rapist they should never be let out of prison. what they do will haunt the victim for the rest of their lives.

Lord Mike
May 23rd, 2006, 06:59 AM
True. Very true. Chances are that when the rapers get out of jail it will just happen again and all they'll say is "I blame society!".

Razer302
May 23rd, 2006, 07:48 AM
also no bail ( message to short)

Sammi
May 23rd, 2006, 08:47 AM
also no bail ( message to short)
The rule is 4 words and 25 characters. Please make sure that your messages fit that without having to add something like (message too short).

I think it depends on the situation as well. If they think they can handle it, let them do it, I guess. ._.

May 23rd, 2006, 02:59 PM
i hate rapist they should never be let out of prison. what they do will haunt the victim for the rest of their lives.
That will be kind of scary. You have to look around everywhere for this guy. But you never know how this guy looks like.

:t092:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Zone
May 23rd, 2006, 04:29 PM
Well Dawson the reason why I'm saying that is because I got rapped because a boy took advantage of me.

Did the raping make you pregnant and then the guy who made you pregnant go to another girl and do the same thing? I doubt it. Because it happened to you, you should know that what you said isn't true more than people who it didn't happen to. Actually, it didn't happen to you, because we're talking about pregnancy and you didn't get pregnant.

And teen pregnancies aren't always from rapists, they're also from girls wanting to have sex but not using protection.

Lord Mike
May 24th, 2006, 05:43 AM
These "sex hounds" are probably going to regret all of this when they grow up. Especially if they have more kids. They won't setting a good example for them will they?

Zone
May 24th, 2006, 02:03 PM
These "sex hounds" are probably going to regret all of this when they grow up. Especially if they have more kids. They won't setting a good example for them will they?

The "sex hounds" you speak of do not exist. There's probably an incredibly small amount of people who do it, but not everyone who gets a teen pregnant is someone who goes around getting people pregnant. Why are so many people here stereotypical?

Minako
May 24th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Well, it depends on what kind of teen pregnancy you're speaking of.

I do not believe that someone any younger than twenty should be thinking about having a family. Even still, I feel that it's much more appropriate when you've long passed that age, and have a financially and emotionally stable household to provide for the child. Rushing into this sort of thing will only cause hurt for the mother and the child. Simply because you have intellect enough to stand out amongst your peers does not mean that you're ready to have a baby. o_o Sadly enough, a lot of teens seem to believe this.

On the other hand, if you're sexually active with the opposite gender, you're a fool if you don't have any means of contraception, or if you have no plan on what you'll do if the contraception fails. A condom isn't guarunteed protection. There's always a possibility that it could break or slip. Birth control pills don't always work, either. You have to know what you'll do if the situation presents itself, shall we say -- and equally as important, your partner should know what you plan on doing before anything happens. I support abortion, in this [and in all cases], because a teenager that is not fully capible of raising a child shouldn't have to give birth to it, especially if it's unwanted. If someone doesn't want an abortion for religous reasons...by that thought, you shouldn't have had pre-marital sex, anyway.

And then there's rape, which is a completely different situation. I don't blame the girl for getting pregnant in this case, of course, but I don't want to go further into that subject, really. 3:

</two cents?>

Dawson
May 25th, 2006, 08:35 AM

When you say "took advantage of me", what exactly do you mean? Rape isn't "taking advantage", that would assume you at least gave some kind of signal or approval or whatever. Rape is when it is forced upon you against your will, even to the point where you're threatened to death.

Well, it depends on what kind of teen pregnancy you're speaking of.

I do not believe that someone any younger than twenty should be thinking about having a family. Even still, I feel that it's much more appropriate when you've long passed that age, and have a financially and emotionally stable household to provide for the child. Rushing into this sort of thing will only cause hurt for the mother and the child. Simply because you have intellect enough to stand out amongst your peers does not mean that you're ready to have a baby. o_o Sadly enough, a lot of teens seem to believe this.

On the other hand, if you're sexually active with the opposite gender, you're a fool if you don't have any means of contraception, or if you have no plan on what you'll do if the contraception fails. A condom isn't guarunteed protection. There's always a possibility that it could break or slip. Birth control pills don't always work, either. You have to know what you'll do if the situation presents itself, shall we say -- and equally as important, your partner should know what you plan on doing before anything happens. I support abortion, in this [and in all cases], because a teenager that is not fully capible of raising a child shouldn't have to give birth to it, especially if it's unwanted. If someone doesn't want an abortion for religous reasons...by that thought, you shouldn't have had pre-marital sex, anyway.

And then there's rape, which is a completely different situation. I don't blame the girl for getting pregnant in this case, of course, but I don't want to go further into that subject, really. 3:

</two cents?>That's the most balanced and most thought out post, by far.

Kalylia
May 25th, 2006, 03:09 PM
When you say "took advantage of me", what exactly do you mean? Rape isn't "taking advantage", that would assume you at least gave some kind of signal or approval or whatever. Rape is when it is forced upon you against your will, even to the point where you're threatened to death.

What do you mean rape isn't "taking advantage!" That's exactly what rape is! It's what all abuse is! Rape is the ultimate form of sexual abuse, and that's what happens. You get taken advantage of. I was sexually abused for a long period of my early teens. My cousin took advantage of me. Yes, that's what he did. He used my trust and inclination to please people against me. I was naive and didn't understand what was going on. It didn't hit me that it was even wrong until the first time he hit me. I was taken advantage of. I gave no inclination of wanting anything or any signal of approval. Not everyone who gets raped is threatened with their life. I wasn't.

I was taken advantage of.

I trusted him.

He knew it.

He used that to his advantage.

Sounds like being taken advantage of to me.

I'm not trying to flame or anything... Just, try to take all points of view into perspective before you go off saying things like that. Thank you.

Psychotic_Demon
May 25th, 2006, 03:12 PM
What do you mean rape isn't "taking advantage!" That's exactly what rape is! It's what all abuse is! Rape is the ultimate form of sexual abuse, and that's what happens. You get taken advantage of. I was sexually abused for a long period of my early teens. My cousin took advantage of me. Yes, that's what he did. He used my trust and inclination to please people against me. I was naive and didn't understand what was going on. It didn't hit me that it was even wrong until the first time he hit me. I was taken advantage of. I gave no inclination of wanting anything or any signal of approval. Not everyone who gets raped is threatened with their life. I wasn't.

I trusted him.

He knew it.

I'm not trying to flame or anything... Just, try to take all points of view into perspective before you go off saying things like that. Thank you.

Agreed. I was.... forced as recently as October and now almost seven months later... Well, I wasn't as lucky as some people are.

Red530
May 25th, 2006, 06:40 PM
I do not believe that a teen should be pregnant.

1. Become an adult.
2. Get a college degree.
3. Marry.
4. Have kids.
5. Try and be happy.

Zone
May 26th, 2006, 02:51 AM

I trusted him.

He knew it.

It's not taking advantage of you if it's someone you don't trust, though those kind of rapes are incredibly rare.

Lord Mike
May 26th, 2006, 06:03 AM
Rape is taking advantage Dawson.

You can ask anyone who was raped before, especially the 5-year-olds that Michael Jackson did away with.

Loki
May 26th, 2006, 06:28 AM
In the end, all of the decisions become not ours, not the parents, nor anyone elses but the couple. They had sex, and the consequences are the stress of making these decisions, like abortion, responsibility, and how they should support the baby. After all that, sometimes a happy family can blossom out of an unhappy family, and sometimes, the unhappiness of the couple can worsen.

If the girl decides to have sex, then she has to accept the responsibilities of that decision, and she should be aware of the fact that protection doesn't work all the time. But even though this is true, she should learn that it's better to be slightly safe, then not safe at all. 99% Is a very good rate, but there's always those unfortunate oddballs, and then, there is nothing wrong with it, and no parent should shun their child after they used protection and still got pregnant.

I think the scariest thing about pregnancy, is not the pregnancy itself, but finding a way to break it to your own family, and your partner. It's hard to make decisions on your own, and you're almost entirely sure of what your parents's reaction to the event will be. -Entirely negative.

I personally do not support teen pregnancy, because I'm not really at the age that I should, in a clean society, really care. There is no such thing as 'true love' at my age, relationships merely come and go within the hour. Sex isn't really something I like to think about, but to me, it is something to do when you are truly in love with your partner, and know that you'll accept the consequences, and your partner with you, if the need arises.

To me, Abortion is a decision. You have to know the outcome, and the pros and cons. It is nobody elses responsibility to decide for you whether to have an abortion or not, but your own. People should not judge on your decision, just because it is different from their own.

I was 11, and I already knew this much about pregnancy and sex. I think our world is educated enough to know that sex has consequences, and most couples know about the outcomes of sex, and in the end, is mostly their fault if they don't use protection and don't want the baby.

Raping, is a different story altogether.

Lord Mike
May 26th, 2006, 06:54 AM
Well put Bell.

Abortion is scary though. Taking away an innocent human life because you made a mistake. If you bring a baby into this world, you shouldn't kill it. You probably show have never cuddled in the first place.

Now teens can get an abortion without the parents knowing about it. Its like shooting someone and expecting the police to leave you alone. It can be a very cruel world. Things happen at times when you would least expect it to.

The parents would eventually find out. You couldn't walk into your house with a huge amount of extra weight in your lower body and the parents not suspect something is wrong. Chances are they're not going to let you get away with things like this. That would make the parents unhuman if they let you escape from punishment.

Raping is another thing, though there are two ways your parents can respond to it. One, they could simply feel sorry for you. Two, they could give you that "Do you know what could have happened to you?" leature and punish you for life.

The parents will get involved if they suspect something abnormal is going on. That's why sex should be done when you go away to college. It should be done when your true love and you are really close and accept whatever comes your way. That's when you should have sex.

A high schooler goes to a party at his best friend's house where they invite all the popular people in your grade. The women get drunk, and that puts some of a men in a position to easily get the ladies cuddle with them. The women wakes up the next morning and realizes she has no clothes on and she's sleeping with a men that also has no chothes on. That can be bad.

Many teenagers decide that sex is cool. They end up regreting it later.

Dawson
May 26th, 2006, 07:08 AM
rape

1. The crime of forcing another person to submit to sex acts, especially sexual intercourse.
2. The act of seizing and carrying off by force; abduction.
3. Abusive or improper treatment; violation: a rape of justice.

Rape isn't taking advantage. Seducing someone who isn't in a fit state (ie very drunk or drug induced) and therefore not able to make stable judgements is "taking advantage". Rape is forcing yourself on someone against their will.

Sexual abuse and rape aren't exactly the same thing. Both are equally as awful, but aren't exactly the same thing. Just ask a policeman.

Kalylia
May 26th, 2006, 08:52 AM
No, they're not the same thing, but are quite simalar. I don't see how you can sit there and say that people that get raped were not taken advantage of. It's ALWAYS being taken advantage of.

"77% of rapes are committed by someone known to the person raped." (http://www2.ucsc.edu/rape-prevention/statistics.html)

If you know the person, they are taking advantage of you. You don't have to be seduced. I wasn't. I was just used. Taken advantage of. It doesn't necissarilly have to be just like my case. My naturally trusting nature and naive ways were taken advantage of. You may just be physically weak and your rapist takes advantage of that. You may love your family more than anything in the world. Your rapist may take advantage of that and threaten them. There are MANY things that can be taken advantage of. Somehow, someway, a person who has been raped HAS been taken advantage of.

And this is getting really off topic...

So in order to save my humiliatingly glaring ignorance of the post topic. I restate:

Teen Pregnancy is usually the teens' faults. They need to have the baby and put it up for adoption at the very least. The only acception should be rape.

Allstories
May 26th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Now teens can get an abortion without the parents knowing about it. Its like shooting someone and expecting the police to leave you alone. It can be a very cruel world. Things happen at times when you would least expect it to.
Abortion isn't necessarily the same as murder. I think in many cases it's probably not too different from euthanasia. I'd bet there's a lot of instances in which you'd have to ask yourself if it would be more cruel to have the child.

Lord Mike
May 26th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Abortion isn't necessarily the same as murder. I think in many cases it's probably not too different from euthanasia. I'd bet there's a lot of instances in which you'd have to ask yourself if it would be more cruel to have the child.

Its not a good thing either. Teens just shouldn't have sex. They usually find out that there consequences involved. The sad though is that a lot of them learn this after they have the baby.

Back to what Nagoyaka Aikouka said about 77% of the time the raper is someone the victim knows. I've heard some really sick stories involved with this. Grandmothers raping granddaughters. Dads raping newborns. Its just a very sick world. Law enforcement officers have done their best, but they can't stop everyone.

Garouga! Bare Your Fangs!
May 26th, 2006, 11:55 AM
It's all bound to happen. We can make rules, we can enforce rules better. But people will always test their boundaries. Someone will always say "It can't be THAT bad." 9 months later they're saying "If only I didn't do it..."

Zone
May 26th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Rape is taking advantage Dawson.

You can ask anyone who was raped before, especially the 5-year-olds that Michael Jackson did away with.

How do you know for sure that Michael Jackson raped the boys he slept with? Just because he slept with them doesn't mean he raped them. Sleeping with someone doesn't always have to mean having sex with the person you're sleeping with.

Well put Bell.

Abortion is scary though. Taking away an innocent human life because you made a mistake. If you bring a baby into this world, you shouldn't kill it. You probably show have never cuddled in the first place.

The parents would eventually find out. You couldn't walk into your house with a huge amount of extra weight in your lower body and the parents not suspect something is wrong. Chances are they're not going to let you get away with things like this. That would make the parents unhuman if they let you escape from punishment.

Raping is another thing, though there are two ways your parents can respond to it. One, they could simply feel sorry for you. Two, they could give you that "Do you know what could have happened to you?" leature and punish you for life.

The parents will get involved if they suspect something abnormal is going on. That's why sex should be done when you go away to college. It should be done when your true love and you are really close and accept whatever comes your way. That's when you should have sex.

A high schooler goes to a party at his best friend's house where they invite all the popular people in your grade. The women get drunk, and that puts some of a men in a position to easily get the ladies cuddle with them. The women wakes up the next morning and realizes she has no clothes on and she's sleeping with a men that also has no chothes on. That can be bad.

Many teenagers decide that sex is cool. They end up regreting it later.

Having sex as a teenager is fine as long as you use protection and things that will prevent transfer of STDs and pregnancy. And teens aren't the only ones who have abortions, adults do as well. If you were raped, your parents wouldn't chastise you. If they do, they're giant idiots who don't know anything, unless they're the parents of the one who raped the person.

Also, how old are you? I'm just curious, it can be important in this.

Lord Mike
May 26th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Also, how old are you? I'm just curious, it can be important in this.

What? I don't need to tell you my age.

Zone
May 26th, 2006, 06:17 PM
What? I don't need to tell you my age.

I need to know how old you are to see how knowledgeable you could be about teens having sex.

Allstories
May 26th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Considering that all of his arguments are either conjecture or rash generalizations, coupled with his irrational defensiveness, I'd guess he probably doesn't know what he's talking about. You don't have the right to force his age out of him, but I'd say you can make a decent guess.

Zone
May 26th, 2006, 06:28 PM
I would say a decent guess is 11 or 12, and what he's reciting is what he learned in his 6th grade health class or from some other educational thing in school, like another class or some educational "acting group" that visited his school for an assembly.

Freenaturearts
May 26th, 2006, 07:14 PM
I myself think it is the choice of the teen to abort or alow adoption, no teen should be taking care of a chld cause it's as my teacher says, it's babies taking care of babies, it's like asking a fawn to Do it with a adult male dear, their first of all iresponsible to have a child if they have sex at 13 to 18, and their not ready for a kid cause they truly are still kids, but abortion is no different then Putting a needle in a hamsters heart, abortion is just as paintful. And their just as small as hamsters so in a way you can put them under the sleeping gas and kill them that way cause they just stick a thick bootser into your belly botton and pop the sack the baby is in, then the babie suffacates and withers in your body as a bloody mass of rocks, then you (the female) Bleed anywhere from normal period of 6 days, to 24days depending on the amount of time the baby was alowed to grow and you can pass rock size masses the size of a icecream scoop once every week threw that period if it was nearly ready to be born...It's sad really so I would even go for adoption.

Thankfuly I am one of those who is lucky enough to not wish to make the world more gross with our own kind, last thing it needs is one more baby=/. However in the end it's the two spirits choice, you want the baby, and the baby suceeds to survive, then it was ment to be and you could be a perfict mother, age is no differents when it comes to real forms of nature in humans, long as your not under 16.

Zone
May 27th, 2006, 04:01 AM
I myself think it is the choice of the teen to abort or alow adoption, no teen should be taking care of a chld cause it's as my teacher says, it's babies taking care of babies, it's like asking a fawn to Do it with a adult male dear, their first of all iresponsible to have a child if they have sex at 13 to 18, and their not ready for a kid cause they truly are still kids, but abortion is no different then Putting a needle in a hamsters heart, abortion is just as paintful. And their just as small as hamsters so in a way you can put them under the sleeping gas and kill them that way cause they just stick a thick bootser into your belly botton and pop the sack the baby is in, then the babie suffacates and withers in your body as a bloody mass of rocks, then you (the female) Bleed anywhere from normal period of 6 days, to 24days depending on the amount of time the baby was alowed to grow and you can pass rock size masses the size of a icecream scoop once every week threw that period if it was nearly ready to be born...It's sad really so I would even go for adoption.

Thankfuly I am one of those who is lucky enough to not wish to make the world more gross with our own kind, last thing it needs is one more baby=/. However in the end it's the two spirits choice, you want the baby, and the baby suceeds to survive, then it was ment to be and you could be a perfict mother, age is no differents when it comes to real forms of nature in humans, long as your not under 16.

That deer analogy doesn't really work since teen pregnancies don't only come from a teen girl and an adult man having sex. Also, it's fine for 13-18 (well, maybe not 13) year old people to have sex as long as they use protection and things that prevent STDs and pregnancy, as I mentioned in a post earlier. And also, first you say anyone 13-18 isn't ready for a baby, then you say anyone 16 or older is ready for one. Also, what are the two spirits? Is it some religious thing?

Lord Mike
May 27th, 2006, 04:09 AM
I need to know how old you are to see how knowledgeable you could be about teens having sex.

For the reality check, age isn't equal to knowledge. Maybe in someways, because the longer you're alive the more you experience, but there are 12-year-old doctors and 50-year-old hobos. Can you guess which one's smarter?

Zone
May 27th, 2006, 04:14 AM
For the reality check, age isn't equal to knowledge. Maybe in someways, because the longer you're alive the more you experience, but there are 12-year-old doctors and 50-year-old hobos. Can you guess which one's smarter?

Well, you don't seem to be too knowledgeable on it anyways, because you seem to not know anything about a little thing called "protection," and another little thing called "birth control pills."

Lord Mike
May 27th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Condoms don't protect you against everything. Only some of the known STDs such as HIV/AIDS.

Zone
May 27th, 2006, 04:57 AM
Condoms don't protect you against everything. Only some of the known STDs such as HIV/AIDS.

We're not talking about everything right now, we're talking about pregnancy.

Lord Mike
May 27th, 2006, 05:08 AM
It might be good just to wait to you're older.

Drifblim
May 27th, 2006, 05:12 AM
You're telling me. As some of the other mods know, I had to watch a mechanical baby for a weekend and it forced me to stave off all of my sleep for one night, so from Friday I never slept until 11.00pm on Saturday. Luckily, my brother's friend punched it and my sister damaged it, and the baby's battery died Saturday afternoon, so that was the end of that. Still, I couldn't have gone the whole weekend with one — I'm remaining celibate for at least six more years.

Allstories
May 27th, 2006, 05:15 AM
Hahaha, I almost missed the word 'mechanical' in that post.

Lord Mike
May 27th, 2006, 05:26 AM
Teens in high school can get crazy.

Zone
May 27th, 2006, 05:34 AM
Teens in high school can get crazy.

Are you or were you a teen in high school?

Dawson
May 27th, 2006, 05:42 AM
I'd assume that YoMama is prepubescent, but thinks he knows it all. I'm making that assumption because, in one post, he constantly referred to sex as "cuddling". And his "facts" are just blind opinions.

Demonta
May 27th, 2006, 05:52 AM
I think teenage preganancy is just too much for a 16 year old to handle. Taking care of a baby and studies must not be easy... *sigh*

Lord Mike
May 27th, 2006, 05:56 AM
I'd assume that YoMama is prepubescent, but thinks he knows it all. I'm making that assumption because, in one post, he constantly referred to sex as "cuddling". And his "facts" are just blind opinions.

All of your "facts" are opinions too. Sex can be referred to as "cuddling" and its a better word to use around younger children because if you say the word "sex" then the parents are going to have to giving that child the "talk" about making babies, while they still think it comes from the stork.

Since this is really geting off topic, let me say that it is common for teens to have sex. Yes, I know Zone that there are birth control pills. Though a lot of teens don't even consider the consequences of their "relationship". That's probably because a lot of them are drunk when it happens.

Dawson
May 27th, 2006, 06:04 AM
How do you know a lot of teenagers don't consider the effects of sex? I lost my virginity at 15, I was regularly having sex at 16. A lot of the kids in my area were the same. Yet, I've never caught an STD and I've never impregnated a girl as I've always used protection and made sure I was clean. I don't know of any teenagers who've caught an STD and only one couple who had gotten pregnant, but that was actually planned. So, how can you make that assumption? What basis do you have for saying that?

That's probably because a lot of them are drunk when it happens.
That pretty much sums up your points in this thread. Stupid, and wrong.

EDIT: BTW, I've never tried to pass off "facts" without having proof or prior knowledge. And I've shown my opinions to be opinions with "I think" or "IMO".

Lord Mike
May 27th, 2006, 06:08 AM
I'm simply making an educated hypothesis. Is there anything wrong that? This based on the news I heard about this.

Dawson
May 27th, 2006, 06:09 AM
You're not making an "educated hypothesis", you're making a blind assumption and generalization about things.

boo836
May 27th, 2006, 06:11 AM
No more I just reported this because it is sick and wrong and Marciline no you will not get poupular. I agree with roy mustang, he knows not to get into this.

Dawson
May 27th, 2006, 06:14 AM
WTF are you talking about? There's nothing wrong with this thread. If you're too immature to handle it, stay out of the thread. Idiot.
...I'll probably get warned now.

Persona
May 27th, 2006, 06:18 AM
No more I just reported this because it is sick and wrong and Marciline no you will not get poupular. I agree with roy mustang, he knows not to get into this.

No, no, no. I was wrong, these threads are allowed. ^^;

Like Dawson said, if you think this is wrong, then just ignore the thread and don't post in it at all.

Allstories
May 27th, 2006, 06:32 AM
That's probably because a lot of them are drunk when it happens.
That is offensively baseless conjecture, you insensible cretin. You don't have a clue what you're talking about, so quit preaching all this nonsense to us.

Also, getting back on topic, I wanted to point out that some people mature faster than others, so it's sort of pointless to generalize about teens based on something as something arbitrary and merely symbolic as how many years someone has been alive.

JennySkitty
May 29th, 2006, 12:01 AM
I am too young for a baby, i would not like to have one yet, i don't want to loose my virginity either! *runs*

Dee Trier
May 29th, 2006, 12:05 AM
Their mentality still not prepared yet to have a baby in such age. It better to have it at older age

PD Wooper
May 29th, 2006, 12:58 AM
I think teen pregnancy is bad when unplanned, but as Dawson said, if they are good parents, then it's fine IMO ^^; But I'm too young to know about this..If I somehow got anyone pregnant then I definately wouldn't run away, it's jsut heartless :{

Eirikr
June 7th, 2006, 04:16 AM
I am not a big fan about having kids untill you are in your twenties, but I guess if you are pretected, it would be ok to have intercoarse if you are truely inlove, but remember teens are unpredictable creatures that give into lust and love at the blink of an eye. Many of the people I see who have kids in their teens are first off, sexaholics, they enjoy it too much for their own good and not exactly that secure, they think physical touch in the groin area=love, which any person without a mental trauma reguarding not having a loving environment, should know is a falicy, genuinly caring for the persons well being and being there for them when they need it is showing you love them. Just remember, at the time of the passionate embrase of another, you are not thinking of what will happen or such, you are trapped in the moment, although alot of males just see it as another nitch in their belt >_> which is wrong, not saying this because I want to sound like I am on a moral high horse, but because it's true, alot of men see a woman as a lay and love is acting for a lay.

Dawson
June 7th, 2006, 06:56 AM
Many of the people I see who have kids in their teens are first off, sexaholics
Actually, a lot of the teenagers that do get pregnant aren't "sexaholics". Most teenage pregnancies come from naive teens who think they can get away with unprotected sex with no consequences, and for a lot of girls, they're actually very inexperienced and uneducated in that area. So called "sexaholics" tend to be more educated in the hazards of unprotected sex and act against it.

because it's true, alot of men see a woman as a lay and love is acting for a lay.
Well, that's a kind of old fashioned view on things. With teenagers today, the girls are just as horny as the guys. Believe me, I know. And casual sex is just as common for both genders. And guys wouldn't pretend they're "in love" with a girl just to get the girl to have sex with them. For one, no girl would be gullible enough to believe them, and it would take months and months to convince a girl that you do "love" them. A guy just wanting sex wouldn't go through that much effort.

they think physical touch in the groin area=love
LMFAO.

Lord Mike
June 7th, 2006, 07:28 AM
You don't hear about a lot of "sexaholics" in our neighborhood.

Dawson
June 7th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Well, that added well to the topic. Good on you.

Lord Mike
June 7th, 2006, 08:39 AM
I still have yet to find true love. :(

Dawson
June 7th, 2006, 09:16 AM
Dude, seriously, if you can't contribute properly to the topic in hand, don't post. Your pointless offtopic posts are getting annoying.

Lord Mike
June 7th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Dude, seriously, if you can't contribute properly to the topic in hand, don't post. Your pointless offtopic posts are getting annoying.

Lol. Mini-modding again are we? "Contribute to the topic at hand". You're just as annoying, believe me.

Anyway, teens in this generation usually can't handle the responsibility of a children with the added pressure of school and the future college they might go to.

*~Ashley~*
June 7th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Actually, YoMama, Dawson is kind of right. Many of your posts have been short one-liners barely contributing to the topic at hand. So if you could please try to expand more on your posts, you know, by maybe backing up what you say with evidence and whatnot, that would help make your posts not appear as spammy as they may seem now. :x

And now if you both could please get back to the topic at hand, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Dawson
June 7th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Lol. Mini-modding again are we? "Contribute to the topic at hand". You're just as annoying, believe me.

Anyway, teens in this generation usually can't handle the responsibility of a children with the added pressure of school and the future college they might go to.
Actually, you seem to be disliked by quite a lot of people aaround PC. So I don't think I'm quite as annoying as you are. And it's not mini-modding, it's pointing out when an idiot is being an idiot.

Thank you, Ashley, I'll get back to the topic.

YoMama, how old are you? How many teenagers do you know? How many of those teenagers are sexually active? And how many teenage parents do you know?

Lord Mike
June 7th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Actually, you seem to be disliked by quite a lot of people aaround PC. So I don't think I'm quite as annoying as you are. And it's not mini-modding, it's pointing out when an idiot is being an idiot.

Thank you, Ashley, I'll get back to the topic.

YoMama, how old are you? How many teenagers do you know? How many of those teenagers are sexually active? And how many teenage parents do you know?

Is that information for you to know? I don't think so. :P

Dawson
June 7th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Is that information for you to know? I don't think so. :P
Man, I wish they could ban stupid people from posting.

Well, if you can't answer, I'll just assume you don't know any. And if you don't know any then you're clearly just making things up. And if you're making things up then your points aren't valid, making your posts stupid, pointless and annoying.

The reason I asked was to see if you did have any knowledge and experience of this topic so we could continue this "debate". Which you clearly don't. So just stop making yourself look worse by not posting when you have no clue what you're talking about.

Lord Mike
June 7th, 2006, 12:14 PM
You say I'm assuming things? Sure.

Your pointless posts are saying nothing but how pointless other people are. Very mature of you. :\

Dawson
June 7th, 2006, 12:33 PM
God, you are stupid.

You didn't give an answer to the questions I asked you which were relevant to the topic. If you couldn't answer the questions why should I, or anybody else, believe you?

All but these last couple of posts have been me giving my opinion and debating people's opinions using my experience of being a teenager, knowing teenagers, and knowing teenage parents. Therefore, my opinions are credible. Your "facts" aren't.

So, yes, very mature of me.

Lord Mike
June 7th, 2006, 12:39 PM
God, you are stupid.

You didn't give an answer to the questions I asked you which were relevant to the topic. If you couldn't answer the questions why should I, or anybody else, believe you?

All but these last couple of posts have been me giving my opinion and debating people's opinions using my experience of being a teenager, knowing teenagers, and knowing teenage parents. Therefore, my opinions are credible. Your "facts" aren't.

So, yes, very mature of me.

You obviously like nagging, don't you? You don't know me in real life, so you can't say I don't know teenage parents. You assume things a lot more than I do. :P :P :P

Drifblim
June 7th, 2006, 01:02 PM
You obviously like nagging, don't you? You don't know me in real life, so you can say i don't know teenage parents. You assume things a lot more than I do. :P :P :PThe objective, sir, is to contribute to the topic, which you seem to be avoiding right now. If you can't think of something productive to say, especially to someone that has been among the staff before and is living with a former admin, don't say anything here; otherwise, please enlighten us.

Now for my bit in the topic. Yes, I happen to know two people that have gone to my school and are pregnant. One has actually taken maternity leave (and there was a baby shower held for her recently), and one appears at school regularly.

Lord Mike
June 7th, 2006, 01:19 PM
I guess I'll be seeing a lot more of teen pregnacies when I'm older.

Red530
June 7th, 2006, 03:13 PM
My classmate's sister has friends that lost their virginity in 8th grade.

It's really, really sad. How stupid can people get?

Eirikr
June 8th, 2006, 12:31 AM
Well, that's a kind of old fashioned view on things. With teenagers today, the girls are just as horny as the guys. Believe me, I know. And casual sex is just as common for both genders. And guys wouldn't pretend they're "in love" with a girl just to get the girl to have sex with them. For one, no girl would be gullible enough to believe them, and it would take months and months to convince a girl that you do "love" them. A guy just wanting sex wouldn't go through that much effort.
Well, I am an old fashioned kinda guy lol. Yes, I am now aware that some gals are ..."Horney as hell" pitty for me, I am traped in the 50's a time when I never was in existance and do not know how to react to that. Also, I wouldn't say NO gal is that guilable, I assure you, there would be someone on the planet that nieve. I guess I should try to face the facts and the stereotype of how a gal acts is no longer true. I know I added nothing to the conversation, but I thought I needed to put a rebuttle to that, and I have nothing mo0re to say on the subject, good-day people.

Kylie-chan
June 8th, 2006, 12:54 AM
Dawsy - That's not always true, y'know. xP Girls do get used by men, and vice versa~

I think it's sad when teenagers get pregnant - usually, they're not ready for the emotional, physical, and social problems. =/ I also think it's sad that they'd rush into sex without considering it carefully. I don't believe in pre-marital sex, but... ehh, I'm not everyone. o_O A lot of them usually end up regretting who they lost their virginity to, or when, anyway.

Dawson & YoMama - please, stop fighting. It's offtopic, and it's not allowed. Take your fight off PC, if you must continue it. Certainly don't keep it in this thread, or I will warn you both, if you guys haven't been warned already. ^^; Sorry, but... this thread is meant to discuss teen pregnancy. Argue the post, not against the poster. =)

Dawson
June 8th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Dawsy - That's not always true, y'know. xP Girls do get used by men, and vice versa~
I'm not entirely sure what point you were commenting on from me there, but I've never said that things like that never happen. They're just not so common amongst teenagers.

I think it's sad when teenagers get pregnant - usually, they're not ready for the emotional, physical, and social problems. =/ I also think it's sad that they'd rush into sex without considering it carefully. I don't believe in pre-marital sex, but... ehh, I'm not everyone. o_O A lot of them usually end up regretting who they lost their virginity to, or when, anyway.
True, some teenagers aren't ready for the challenge of raising a baby. However, for some people it becomes the making of them I know two teenage girls who've gotten pregnant and completely changed their actions and matured a hell of a lot in a short period of time. One pregnancy was planned, the other wasn't. But they were both quite "wild" and immature girls, I wouldn't have put them down as mother figures. But since they got pregnant and had a baby, they calmed down, matured greatly and took complete responsibility for the baby. Their lives now revolve around their babies and they've never looked happy or more comfortable.

Dawson & YoMama - please, stop fighting. It's offtopic, and it's not allowed. Take your fight off PC, if you must continue it. Certainly don't keep it in this thread, or I will warn you both, if you guys haven't been warned already. ^^; Sorry, but... this thread is meant to discuss teen pregnancy. Argue the post, not against the poster. =)
The reason I started getting pissy about things was because I wanted to discuss teen pregnancy and debate other peoples' posts. The problem occured when a certain member decided to continually post pointless messages which had no relevance to the topic in hand and had absolutely no place in a debating thread. Read through the rest of my posts in this thread, I have argued posts and nothing more.

I apologise if I've broken rules, and ultimately have to be warned officially, but I stand by my actions and all of my comments because they're all true.

Lord Mike
June 8th, 2006, 02:30 PM
I'm not entirely sure what point you were commenting on from me there, but I've never said that things like that never happen. They're just not so common amongst teenagers.

True, some teenagers aren't ready for the challenge of raising a baby. However, for some people it becomes the making of them I know two teenage girls who've gotten pregnant and completely changed their actions and matured a hell of a lot in a short period of time. One pregnancy was planned, the other wasn't. But they were both quite "wild" and immature girls, I wouldn't have put them down as mother figures. But since they got pregnant and had a baby, they calmed down, matured greatly and took complete responsibility for the baby. Their lives now revolve around their babies and they've never looked happy or more comfortable.

The reason I started getting pissy about things was because I wanted to discuss teen pregnancy and debate other peoples' posts. The problem occured when a certain member decided to continually post pointless messages which had no relevance to the topic in hand and had absolutely no place in a debating thread. Read through the rest of my posts in this thread, I have argued posts and nothing more.

I apologise if I've broken rules, and ultimately have to be warned officially, but I stand by my actions and all of my comments because they're all true.

Lol. I have knowledge in the field of Teen Pregnancy, and if you don't believe it, you don't have to. :P

I also apologise if I have caused any trouble in this topic, because I didn't wish to.

Teen Pregnancies aren't something you hear about in our neighborhood everyday, but I bet they're a lot more common at high school. I know about a few people.

Allstories
June 8th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Yeah, you're not even fourteen yet. Some expert you are.

Lord Mike
June 9th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Yeah, you're not even fourteen yet. Some expert you are.

Your posts are kind of pointless. You're 99, so how do you know about today's high schools?

Anyway, to contribute to the topic, I actually read some statistics, and most then likely, they're not all wrong.

Click here (http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_teen_sex.html) if you want real information.

bna_li
June 10th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Anyone can get "statistics" that they want. People from soft drink companies manipulate tests so that they get the test results they were looking for.

What is wrong with you, YoMama? I didn't wanna post in this thread, but are you crazy? Those posts you made hardly contribute to the thread, let alone anyone who read it. Who cares if you "have yet to find true love"?

I don't not encourage teen pregnancy, but it happens.

People(including me) tend to think only about present happiness, I suppose some might consider the consequences. You reap what you sew.

At this school, I know this girl whose step-father made her pregnant.

It's sad, really. She was forced and now everyone avoids her like plague because of a decision someone else made...

Dawson
June 10th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Your posts are kind of pointless. You're 99, so how do you know about today's high schools?

Anyway, to contribute to the topic, I actually read some statistics, and most then likely, they're not all wrong.

Click here (http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_teen_sex.html) if you want real information.
Erm, I don't think he's actually 99, genius. And, seriously, who are you to criticize someone else's posts as "pointless"?

Since you actually read those statistics, what did you actually learn from them?

I doubt you did, instead just googled "teenage sex survey" and posted the first site you saw. Because I noticed that the information was incredibly outdated. It was, in fact, last updated almost 7 years ago. It's hardly an accurate source of modern information, is it?

bna_li
June 10th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Erm, I don't think he's actually 99, genius. And, seriously, who are you to criticize someone else's posts as "pointless"?

Since you actually read those statistics, what did you actually learn from them?

I doubt you did, instead just googled "teenage sex survey" and posted the first site you saw. Because I noticed that the information was incredibly outdated. It was, in fact, last updated almost 7 years ago. It's hardly an accurate source of modern information, is it?
Nice spot, props to that, can't believe it...

Lord Mike
June 10th, 2006, 05:00 PM

I just wanted to provide facts, regardless of the date. You assumed that I knew nothing of this issue and kept accusing me that I was inexperienced with teen pregnancy. I kind of wanted this little arguement to stop. Can we finally arrive at a truse?

I learn much from the experience with teen pregnancies, and most of the people I know that get pregnant aren't responsible people at all. They drink, smoke, and use drugs I don't even want to meantion. They break the news to their parents considering that they can't handle a baby at that age and want the punishment to end as soon as they can. I actually random survey some people about this situation in my neighborhood.

60% of the pregnant teens have drink, smoke, or use drugs before.
70% of the pregnant teens have had sexual relationships before.
95% of the pregnant teens cannot handle the responsibility of a child.
100% of the pregnant teens wish they had never got into this situation.

A few examples for you to prove to you Dawson that I'm experienced with teen pregnancy.

Dawson
June 11th, 2006, 07:05 AM
Oh, you actually asked a load of teenage mothers those questions? Do you mind if I ask exactly how many people you asked? I think you just made up those "results".

You aren't experienced in this area, it's obvious to everyone who has properly read this thread. You've tried to provide "facts" when in fact all you've done is posted blindly naive opinions. But you're 13 years old, it's expected of you not to know about this kind of stuff. You're not old enough or mature enough to be involved in these kinds of discussions properly. You should just admit that fact, you'd have a lot more respect from members if you had.

~Ozy~
June 11th, 2006, 08:02 AM

Disproved. I know three teen mothers who have never been happier than they have with their children. Even if they could, they would not redo this. Those three mothers, even if they are the only ones in the world (which I highly doubt) prove this "statistic" wrong. Show me a source as well if you want me to even consider believeing that BS.

Dawson
June 11th, 2006, 08:36 AM
Disproved. I know three teen mothers who have never been happier than they have with their children. Even if they could, they would not redo this. Those three mothers, even if they are the only ones in the world (which I highly doubt) prove this "statistic" wrong. Show me a source as well if you want me to even consider believeing that BS.
Agreed. As I've said numerous times, I know two teen mothers who would give their lives for their children. They've become much more mature, responsible and rounded because of it and count giving birth as the best thing they've ever done.

bna_li
June 11th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Agreed. As I've said numerous times, I know two teen mothers who would give their lives for their children. They've become much more mature, responsible and rounded because of it and count giving birth as the best thing they've ever done.
That would make a hell of a story. I mean, first their lives are almost in wrecks, and their babies come along. Then their lives changed.

Dawson
June 12th, 2006, 12:11 AM
It's completely true. Well, they're lives weren't "almost in wrecks" but, I'll explain.

The first girl I went to school with. She had a reputation of being a slutty person and there were even rumours going round that she'd provide oral sex in exchange for a pack of cigarettes. She smoked from the age of 13, was regularly drinking alcohol at 14-15 and had even tried various other drugs. As you can see, not a great mother candidate from that. She got pregnant at age 16, strangely enough, it was a planned pregnancy, which shocked my friends and I because of the reasons above. We actually felt sorry for the baby for having them as parents. But, ever since the baby was conceived, she quit smoking, drinking and drug taking. She got herself a part time job so she could do a little work but still have plenty of time with the baby. She spends all of the money she earns from her job on food, clothes and toys for the baby. She lives for the baby now.

The other girl got herself pregnant when she was 17, she gave birth just after she turned 18, and it wasn't a planned pregnancy. Prior to the pregnancy, she was incredibly immature, annoying, loud, brash, in your face, etc. I hated her, I couldn't stand to be around her. She was very selfish, spending all of her money and most of her boyfriend's money on clothes and stuff for herself. She also had loyalty issues and had cheated on her long term boyfriend and caused a lot of problems because of it. Since the pregnancy, she has calmed herself down and really mellowed down and matured tenfold. She started making savings with her money for the baby and she sorted her life out properly. Her and her boyfriend have never been happier than they have since the baby was born.

Dawson
June 12th, 2006, 01:11 AM
It's completely true. Well, they're lives weren't "almost in wrecks" but, I'll explain.

The first girl I went to school with. She had a reputation of being a slutty person and there were even rumours going round that she'd provide oral sex in exchange for a pack of cigarettes. She smoked from the age of 13, was regularly drinking alcohol at 14-15 and had even tried various other drugs. As you can see, not a great mother candidate from that. She got pregnant at age 16, strangely enough, it was a planned pregnancy, which shocked my friends and I because of the reasons above. We actually felt sorry for the baby for having them as parents. But, ever since the baby was conceived, she quit smoking, drinking and drug taking. She got herself a part time job so she could do a little work but still have plenty of time with the baby. She spends all of the money she earns from her job on food, clothes and toys for the baby. She lives for the baby now.

The other girl got herself pregnant when she was 17, she gave birth just after she turned 18, and it wasn't a planned pregnancy. Prior to the pregnancy, she was incredibly immature, annoying, loud, brash, in your face, etc. I hated her, I couldn't stand to be around her. She was very selfish, spending all of her money and most of her boyfriend's money on clothes and stuff for herself. She also had loyalty issues and had cheated on her long term boyfriend and caused a lot of problems because of it. Since the pregnancy, she has calmed herself down and really mellowed down and matured tenfold. She started making savings with her money for the baby and she sorted her life out properly. Her and her boyfriend have never been happier than they have since the baby was born.

Lord Mike
June 12th, 2006, 04:06 AM

I took a random survey of 50 people smart one. I didn't bother going to every neighborhood in the USA.

Dawson
June 12th, 2006, 04:39 AM
Wow, you managed to find 50 teenage mothers in your neighbourhood in one day and get them all to answer personal questions to some strange 13 year old. Impressive. And you then managed to process the results into percentages, all of which favoured the opinions and "facts" that you tried to put across. Coincidental or what?

It leads me to wonder just how you managed to track down 50 pregnant teenagers in such a short amount of time and how none of them actually wanted the baby. I'm also curious as to how your results were pretty exact figures, "60, 70, 95 100". The 95% confused me the most, because if you're interviewing 50 people exactly (another striking coincidence that it was an even 50) then all of your percentages would be an even number. Concluding to me believing that you completely made up those results.

If you didn't make those results up, would you please inform me of the ages of these interviewees. I assume you took their ages, otherwise you'd have no evidence that it was in fact a teenage survey.

Kylie-chan
June 12th, 2006, 04:45 AM
I just wanted to provide facts, regardless of the date. You assumed that I knew nothing of this issue and kept accusing me that I was inexperienced with teen pregnancy. I kind of wanted this little arguement to stop. Can we finally arrive at a truse?

I learn much from the experience with teen pregnancies, and most of the people I know that get pregnant aren't responsible people at all. They drink, smoke, and use drugs I don't even want to meantion. They break the news to their parents considering that they can't handle a baby at that age and want the punishment to end as soon as they can. I actually random survey some people about this situation in my neighborhood.

60% of the pregnant teens have drink, smoke, or use drugs before.
70% of the pregnant teens have had sexual relationships before.
95% of the pregnant teens cannot handle the responsibility of a child.

A few examples for you to prove to you Dawson that I'm experienced with teen pregnancy.

I agree with Dawson and ~Ozy~, but I'd like to point out that, in the very, very unlikely event you didn't just make that up, YOU'RE not experienced with teen pregnancy, dear. =)

Dawsy - Don't worry; I wasn't really telling you off. :D I just wanted you two to make it less personal. My post was hardly directed at you.

Dawson
June 12th, 2006, 04:51 AM
I agree with Dawson and ~Ozy~, but I'd like to point out that, in the very, very unlikely event you didn't just make that up, YOU'RE not experienced with teen pregnancy, dear. =)

Dawsy - Don't worry; I wasn't really telling you off. :D I just wanted you two to make it less personal. My post was hardly directed at you.
That's okay, I wasn't worried about it. Besides, you're staff, you've got to do what needs to be done to keep the peace. I know that, I used to be staff XD ...You didn't need to write so small either XD

Drifblim
June 12th, 2006, 04:53 AM
Oh, he did that. Just looking at this, it looks like a television campaign the Ad Council would probably do.

Krafty Quill
June 12th, 2006, 05:13 AM
Read your stories, Dawson.

It's quite inspiring how the birth of a baby can bring new life not only to the world but the parents of the baby themsleves. Anybody having serious drug related issues should get a baby! XD

Though the choice to have a baby in such cirumstances wouldn't be approved by most 'experts', it's obviously not always a wrong choice to make. And we have seen this from stories such as the ones you have shared, even though apparently 100% of tennagers wished they hadn't got in that position.

Where did YoMama get those numbers anyway?

Drifblim
June 12th, 2006, 05:31 AM
He fabricated them, said he surveyed 50 teen mothers and drew up a series of figures that only the Ad Council could come up with.

Krafty Quill
June 12th, 2006, 05:34 AM
He fabricated them, said he surveyed 50 teen mothers and drew up a series of figures that only the Ad Council could come up with.

XD

That's clever...

But the figure that says 100% would agree that they wished they hadn't got into it in the first place doesn't seem too outragous to me. I'm sure at some point every teen mother thinks in that way.

~Ozy~
June 12th, 2006, 02:13 PM
I took a random survey of 50 people smart one. I didn't bother going to every neighborhood in the USA.

Even assuming that, 50 is hardly an adaquate number to represent a worldwide populace (which is, as PC is an international forum, what I assumer we're talking about), particularly given multiple indigenous cultures wherein births at 13-14 yars of age are commonplace and even encouraged. Your "statistics" are fallacies.

bna_li
June 12th, 2006, 05:46 PM
@ Dawson:

That is pretty amazing. I'm happy for them...

@ YoMama:

I hope you ain't coming back, dog, you can't win this...

Kyosuke
June 12th, 2006, 06:53 PM
I'm sorry but I'm automatically calling BS on that 50 surveyed woman thing that was mentioned above.. it seemed as if it was only made up to try and prove something..

But anyways, my own sister has been pregnant as a teen and it was an interesting situation to say the least a few years ago when I was only 8.. but really to me, its like how can you judge someone else's life like that.. ya that person should have been more responsible but things happen. Some people look at teens who get pregnant as if they're lives are automatically ruined (those people need to STFU and look at their own life before making any kind of judgement), when thats not the case at all, where you have some who raise they're child just fine and live their own life just like any other person who raised they're kids "right".

DragonTrainer
June 13th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Personally, if you're a teenager you shouldn't go around having sex anyways because chances are you're not responsible enough to completely take care of yourself, and if you can't do that, why be responsible for another life?

Yes, I know there's some cases where everyone becomes happy and yadda yadda yah, but the thing is, a lot of times they shouldn't get themselves in that position.

xo*hugs.n.kisses*ox
June 13th, 2006, 04:26 PM
yep I agree. You are too young, and if you are doing it to fit in, you aren't gonna fit in once you are pregnant. Anyways it doesn't make you coll either, it makes you irresponsible, and then you have to afford a baby, and poosibly putting yourself in danger when having it.

Kalylia
June 13th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Again, I feel the need to bring up the point that NOT ALL TEEN PREGNANCIES ARE CONSENTUAL OR EVEN HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE PARTIES!

Please, please... Do not forget about rape. There are so many of them out there, and so many more of us who come closer than we're comfortable with. Being put in that situation doesn't make you irresponsible.

Psychotic_Demon
June 13th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Again, I feel the need to bring up the point that NOT ALL TEEN PREGNANCIES ARE CONSENTUAL OR EVEN HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE PARTIES!

Please, please... Do not forget about rape. There are so many of them out there, and so many more of us who come closer than we're comfortable with. Being put in that situation doesn't make you irresponsible.

Like me. I didn't get an abortion, but there were health problems, so the child died anyways...

DragonTrainer
June 13th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Not once, ONCE, did I address rape, so don't bring that up right now.

Gyardosamped
June 13th, 2006, 10:03 PM
I've heard a 9-year-old and 13-year-old getting pregnant.. It's crazy... Parents should take better care, I'm not telling you guys that you can't do anything but woulden't your parents get mad if you got pregant when your teen+ age?

Dawson
June 14th, 2006, 01:50 AM
Personally, if you're a teenager you shouldn't go around having sex anyways because chances are you're not responsible enough to completely take care of yourself, and if you can't do that, why be responsible for another life?

Yes, I know there's some cases where everyone becomes happy and yadda yadda yah, but the thing is, a lot of times they shouldn't get themselves in that position.
I disagree. I don't believe age bears any relevance to your level of responsibility and maturity. Responsibility and maturity are gained through experience and knowledge, a younger person may have had more life experiences than an older person so they may have learned to be more responsible from an earlier age.

For instance, I am much, much more responsible and mature than my 22 year old brother. That's because I've been through more difficult and challenging situations, coupled with the fact that I'm a lot smarter than him.

Besides, responsibility isn't key to having sex anyway. Knowledge, understanding and awareness of the ins and outs (no pun intended) of sex are what's important. If you know how to practice safe sex, you understand the risks involved of not protecting yourself and you actually do use contraception as well as understand the potential emotional implications then I see no problem with teenagers having sex.

I don't know why you had to raise that point again. It's already been discussed in here and I don't think people want to return to that issue. Since this thread is aimed at discussing two consenting teenagers having sex.

And not a single person said that the rape victim was irresponsible in that kind of situation.

I've heard a 9-year-old and 13-year-old getting pregnant.. It's crazy... Parents should take better care, I'm not telling you guys that you can't do anything but woulden't your parents get mad if you got pregant when your teen+ age?
9 years old? Are you sure that's right? If so, that would be a very rare occurance, since most girls start puberty in their early teens. And I would hazard a guess that the 9 year old probably came from some country with messed up laws and wasn't exactly constenting.

About the parents, I'd imagine that a lot of parents would get angry, but it always depends on the situation. I'd say at least 8/10 parents would be livid, moreso the parents of the girl, but some parents are understanding and, if you did use protection but were just unlucky, then they shouldn't really blame their kids.

On a side note, anyone else noticed how YoMama has avoided this thread like the plague since he was caught lying?

ArKiVe
June 14th, 2006, 05:37 AM
Personally, I don't like teen pregnancy. If they can manage well though, I guess it's alright as long as they can provide for their children and did not just do it because it was an accident. I'm also against abortions.

Kura
June 14th, 2006, 12:06 PM
I disagree. I don't believe age bears any relevance to your level of responsibility and maturity. Responsibility and maturity are gained through experience and knowledge, a younger person may have had more life experiences than an older person so they may have learned to be more responsible from an earlier age.

For instance, I am much, much more responsible and mature than my 22 year old brother. That's because I've been through more difficult and challenging situations, coupled with the fact that I'm a lot smarter than him.

Besides, responsibility isn't key to having sex anyway. Knowledge, understanding and awareness of the ins and outs (no pun intended) of sex are what's important. If you know how to practice safe sex, you understand the risks involved of not protecting yourself and you actually do use contraception as well as understand the potential emotional implications then I see no problem with teenagers having sex.

I don't know why you had to raise that point again. It's already been discussed in here and I don't think people want to return to that issue. Since this thread is aimed at discussing two consenting teenagers having sex.

And not a single person said that the rape victim was irresponsible in that kind of situation.

9 years old? Are you sure that's right? If so, that would be a very rare occurance, since most girls start puberty in their early teens. And I would hazard a guess that the 9 year old probably came from some country with messed up laws and wasn't exactly constenting.

About the parents, I'd imagine that a lot of parents would get angry, but it always depends on the situation. I'd say at least 8/10 parents would be livid, moreso the parents of the girl, but some parents are understanding and, if you did use protection but were just unlucky, then they shouldn't really blame their kids.

On a side note, anyone else noticed how YoMama has avoided this thread like the plague since he was caught lying?

I, instead, do not believe in this at all. Even if a teenager is "responsible" and wants to have sex, I still don't believe it to be right.
I believe in only having sex with your partner after you're married. Not because of a religious-thing, but I believe that sexual intercourse is sacred, and a way to show someone you really love them. Marriage is a symbol of commitment to the person.

Yes, I know there are some who do not see it fit to get married, and I don't mind if they decide to have sex. But you cannot make that decision when you're only 14, or even when you're only 18 or 19 years old.

You watch the media every day about those people who are going back for their 8th DNA test to see who's the father of their child. It's ridiculous. People shouldn't be acting like -animals-
We have INTELLIGENCE. And the ones who decide to sell their body off like that are obviously lacking intelligence.

Yes, I also recognise that there are people who get raped.. and those cases are excusable..
But it also goes back to our society being extremely stupid.

Unless someone has a serious mental distorder and rapes someone, at least that's not their fault. They're just psycho. Their brain hasn't developed to give them the common sense of a human being and they're only reacting with what their body wants.

But for those other people who know the consequences, then that's another story. They're hurting people; and it's not right. They're like a plague as well.
It's like the human race is hitting rock bottom. Everyone is having sex as if it's nothing, and it's not considered special anymore.

It truely sickens me. And even if safe sex is practiced, you can't protect yourself from the emotional impact it has on a person.

Save sex for when you're old enough to understand the consequences, and have the money to support yourself and any children you may have with your partner.

Flabébé
June 14th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Ahh I have to post here. OK were to begin. If people want to have sex and get prego thats fine with me. I dont plan on getting anyone prego anytime soon. And for those who are wondering, what the heck is prego, its a term everyone who lives here uses instead of pregnant. If thats what they want then more power to them. I know many people who have gotten prego and i dont care. Many of them being friends. Doesn't mean I am gonna og off and get a girl prego! Anyway, there was one girl named Amanda I know who got prego. She didn't have anyone there for her. I REALLY liked her. I let her know and we got together. She had a miscarage. I was going to take care of her and the baby. we split a while ago but it all matters one maturity to me. I was am still am very mature for my age. And yes she got prego but she is a very mature girl. We are still really good friends and she knows I will always be here for her. Thats what I have to say about that!

Kura
June 14th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Ahh I have to post here. OK were to begin. If people want to have sex and get prego thats fine with me. I dont plan on getting anyone prego anytime soon. And for those who are wondering, what the heck is prego, its a term everyone who lives here uses instead of pregnant. If thats what they want then more power to them. I know many people who have gotten prego and i dont care. Many of them being friends. Doesn't mean I am gonna og off and get a girl prego! Anyway, there was one girl named Amanda I know who got prego. She didn't have anyone there for her. I REALLY liked her. I let her know and we got together. She had a miscarage. I was going to take care of her and the baby. we split a while ago but it all matters one maturity to me. I was am still am very mature for my age. And yes she got prego but she is a very mature girl. We are still really good friends and she knows I will always be here for her. Thats what I have to say about that!

She may have been mature, but as I pointed out before, she didn't have the mental stability to keep the baby (especially if not for you)

Also, how would you feel if you spent (let's say 3 years) caring for her and this baby.. and then one day she tells you that she doesn't love you anymore? How would that make you feel? Would you feel like all that time and money you spent was a waste?

You're young, and even though you might love this girl now, things might be different in the future.

If the man that got her pregnant truly cared for her, then he would've stayed with her.
This is the point I'm trying to make.
People should wait until their older, because they are willing to see if being with their current boyfriend or girlfriend is the right decision. If not, then they will break up.
People who are young and want to have sex do it just for their own pleasure. They don't do it for the other person.

Anyways, I applaud you for being such a great friend to that girl~ I just hope she learns to think before she makes decisions like that.

Flabébé
June 14th, 2006, 01:12 PM
She may have been mature, but as I pointed out before, she didn't have the mental stability to keep the baby (especially if not for you)

Also, how would you feel if you spent (let's say 3 years) caring for her and this baby.. and then one day she tells you that she doesn't love you anymore? How would that make you feel? Would you feel like all that time and money you spent was a waste?

You're young, and even though you might love this girl now, things might be different in the future.

If the man that got her pregnant truly cared for her, then he would've stayed with her.
This is the point I'm trying to make.
People should wait until their older, because they are willing to see if being with their current boyfriend or girlfriend is the right decision. If not, then they will break up.
People who are young and want to have sex do it just for their own pleasure. They don't do it for the other person.

Anyways, I applaud you for being such a great friend to that girl~ I just hope she learns to think before she makes decisions like that.

Thank you very much for your words but she didn't give up the baby, she lost the baby. Which really upset her...and me. If she would have done that, I would have been VERY upset but I know I would have help keep that baby safe those first how ever many years.
But if your just having sex just to have sex, then you need to grow up. If you cant keep it in your pants or cant keep it out of your pants then you have a serious problem.

Shining Arcanine
June 14th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Use A Condom.

They should improve their sex ed classes, so that students actually pay attention to the issues that are being hinted.

I personally find nothing wrong with teenage pregnancy. I mean; maybe they were destined to be pregnant as a young age. If they don't want the child the option of abortion is always there. I'm not saying it should be encouraged or anything, but if you indeed have no plan as to how to care for the child it's better to let it go than give birth to it and make them misrable.

How about eliminating sexual education classes and all other references to sex that people are exposed to before age 18 so that people will not know how to become pregnant in the first place?

Has anyone else heard of a great concept known as abstinence? It has worked really well for me and none of the girls I know have become pregnant yet.

Allstories
June 14th, 2006, 04:32 PM
How about eliminating sexual education classes and all other references to sex that people are exposed to before age 18 so that people will not know how to become pregnant in the first place?

Well that's pretty much the most impracticable suggestion yet. Kids aren't learning about sex from sexual education classes. Sure, they teach you the basic mechanics of how sex works, but mostly all they do is shove abstinence concept down your throat. If anything, they should teach people MORE. And the media isn't going to just stop promoting sex.

~Ozy~
June 14th, 2006, 04:44 PM

Has anyone else heard of a great concept known as abstinence? It has worked really well for me and none of the girls I know have become pregnant yet.

I'm sorry, but that is completely infeasible. Kids find out. It happens, and it can't be changed. They'll find out from older siblings, older peers, even parents.

Abstinence programs themselves are similarly, not entirely feasible. It requaires an emotional and disciplined committment that many teens, due to lack of experience, raging hormones, or even simple laziness cannot handle. 52% of all teens who take an absitnence pledge break it within a year. Due to inground religious practices, many do not use protection in those encounters. Guess what happens.

It's been proven that a comprehensive sexual education program is far more effective than any program that focuses solely on one aspect of prevention, such as abstinence, condoms, or whatever.

Kura
June 14th, 2006, 04:56 PM
I honestly think that if people WANT to choose to abstain from sex, then they will. If not, then they wont.
But I think that it's mainly the media's fault. They're glorifying the "sex image" and the fact that if you wear skimpier clothing (for girls), then men will pay more attention to you, or you'll become the ideal image.

For guys, I would think that it would be the "Bling" or the "cars" or even the fact that he has girls around him already (which also suggests him as being a pimp.)

The term prositute is also becoming very common. You can basically see them everywhere nowadays. You can even see it at school (or at least, my school.)
Mostly girls, willing to pass themselves around to handfuls of guys just to become popular and have that image.

I think it's disgusting.

bna_li
June 14th, 2006, 05:44 PM
I'm a Christian. Already made up my mind.

You're right, it's disgusting. I think MTV contributes to this alot. With all the shaking(you know what I mean), how could it not?

Drifblim
June 14th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Because it's people like Rupert Murdoch who promote it just to make an easy buck.

*shot*

What's even more amazing is how young they become grandmothers. I have a coworker who knows a woman that became a grandmother at the age of 32. A customer checking out at the time of speaking was 42 and had her grandchild with her. I had read in a paper about a 37-year-old grandmother only a year ago. Even though I live right outside Atlantic City, I never imagined the coworker to say that a 32-year-old grandmother was not an anomaly.

This is what I consider to be a drastic low in the situation. A girl is impregnated and gives birth at 16, and then her child fools around and gives birth at 16 as well. Either this was a case of the mother not being responsible enough to teach her daughter the lesson she learned, probably due to the rife drug environment in that town, or a case of not being able to exercise enough influence over her daughter, which is also rather common when you grow up in a town around drugs. To me, it's horrible; it's nerve-wracking even thinking about it.

Flabébé
June 14th, 2006, 07:18 PM
The sad thing is, girls beleive that if you have sex with a guy they will go around telling all thier guy friends (And most do) But they thinks its a way to become popular but really its a way to become a slut. (NOT ALL GIRLS APPLY) I come from a family that thinks if you hit a girl, if we get a hold of you, were are gonna beat the daylights out of you. I respect women. Thats who I am. I will stick up for any girl who is being treated like an animal. Its wrong and sick and forcing a girl to have sex with you or to have sex with other guys is wrong and if I knew anyoen who did that, they wouldn't have any teeth because I would knock them down their throat. If you dont like the way I am, to bad. You will get over it and if not, then thats your problem.

Shining Arcanine
June 15th, 2006, 01:11 AM
I'm sorry, but that is completely infeasible. Kids find out. It happens, and it can't be changed. They'll find out from older siblings, older peers, even parents.

Abstinence programs themselves are similarly, not entirely feasible. It requaires an emotional and disciplined committment that many teens, due to lack of experience, raging hormones, or even simple laziness cannot handle. 52% of all teens who take an absitnence pledge break it within a year. Due to inground religious practices, many do not use protection in those encounters. Guess what happens.

It's been proven that a comprehensive sexual education program is far more effective than any program that focuses solely on one aspect of prevention, such as abstinence, condoms, or whatever.

If teenagers cannot control themselves, then parents should. It is not the education system's job to be people's parents, that is the job of parents. Therefore parents need to crack down and refuse to allow their children out of their supervision (i.e. there will be no time out of the house other than for classes) until they leave for college. It worked rather well with me, although I never had much of an interest in the girls I am in contact with anyway; all they have on their minds is sex.

Flabébé
June 15th, 2006, 10:15 AM
You are in control of yourself no matter what. You may say. Well I couldn't help it. But you can. You always can. No matter what the situation.

Lord Mike
June 15th, 2006, 11:22 AM
If teenagers cannot control themselves, then parents should. It is not the education system's job to be people's parents, that is the job of parents. Therefore parents need to crack down and refuse to allow their children out of their supervision (i.e. there will be no time out of the house other than for classes) until they leave for college. It worked rather well with me, although I never had much of an interest in the girls I am in contact with anyway; all they have on their minds is sex.

Teenagers should be able to have control over themselves. They need help obviously if they're can't control themselves. :\

Allstories
June 15th, 2006, 11:50 AM

It is not a good idea to shelter kids to be socially retarded and then thrust them out into the real world where they'll be eaten alive by society.

Shining Arcanine
June 15th, 2006, 12:51 PM
It is not a good idea to shelter kids to be socially retarded and then thrust them out into the real world where they'll be eaten alive by society.

What is the real world? Do you have any concept of the fact that reality is merely a theory? You postulated it when you decided that despite your inability to verify that the information about the world that you perceive through your five senses is real and true, you would act as if it were anyway, and respond to it. That turns any concept you have of a real world upside down, does it not?

The reason you say, do and think the things you do is because rather than giving priority to what is right, you give priority to what appears good for you, which in this case is what is easier to do. If everyone did what is easier to do, there would have been no 13 Colonies. If everyone did what happened to be easier to do, there would have been no American Revolution. If everyone did what is easier to do, we would still have Slavery. If everyone did what is easier to do, we would still have Eugenics. The point I am trying to make is, simply because something is not easy, does not mean that it should not be done. A significant portion of society has that attitude, and if they would just drop it, they would find that the only reason that it was true was because they thought it was true, and that their thinking that it was true caused actions that made it true.

Let us transcend those defense mechanisms caused by subconscious thoughts and ideas that you find uncomfortable and create an awareness of those thoughts and ideas in the conscious. It is obvious that you are projecting, and until you realize that those thoughts and ideas are in your subconscious, you will not be able to correct them and until you correct them, you shall continue to project them. If you were raised without any knowledge of sex until your parents decided you should have it, you would not have the same friends, you would not attend the same places and you would think differently. You say that if you had no knowledge of sex until your parents decided you should have it, you would not survive where you are now, but you would not be where you are now. You would be elsewhere, living a much better life, and I do not mean that as in a house or a school, but in what you do in your time. I realize that the school aspect would make things difficult (unless you were being home schooled) but that is not cause to live a corrupt life in need of correction, but rather that is cause to correct a corrupt government in need of correction.

The school system was never intended for what it does now, rather it was intended to teach people basic thought and communication. For this purpose, it originally taught Math and English. The addition of History and Science complemented this, but everything else that has been added goes far above and beyond the purpose of education (or at least of compulsory education; through voluntary education one can also add a specialization in society that compulsory education cannot) and all attempts to integrate such additions have caused the problems we see today and as far the topic is concerned, the problem with school. Society can either fix things elevating itself far beyond what anyone can foresage, or take the easy route and spiral downward toward decline and despair. It is as simple as that.

Kalylia
June 15th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Pardon my explosion earlier. It just frustrates me when people make assumtions about Teen Pregnancy without taking into consideration all areas that could possibly cause pregnancy. I believe the point to be an important one. Again, you have my apologies for attempting to maintain a balanced discussion in this thread, considering it was never specified whether the pregnancy discussion would cover planned or unplanned pregnancies.

As for the current topic of sex ed, it is VITAL! You can't keep all sexual knowledge away from people under the age of 18. That's just INSANE. It's impossible. Sex is everywhere nowadays, and kids younger than me know more about it than I do. Sex Ed is the one thing keeping most of those kids safe. Since it IS impossible to keep all sexual knowledge away from small kids, it's best to educate them on how to have safe sex.

Even if we could keep knowledge away from kids under the age of 18, do you have any idea what would happen when they turn 18? There would be so much sex and so many pregnancies because there would be NO KNOWLEDGE of birth control. Thus, I believe sex ed should remain a vital part of life.

Shining Arcanine
June 15th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Pardon my explosion earlier. It just frustrates me when people make assumtions about Teen Pregnancy without taking into consideration all areas that could possibly cause pregnancy. I believe the point to be an important one. Again, you have my apologies for attempting to maintain a balanced discussion in this thread, considering it was never specified whether the pregnancy discussion would cover planned or unplanned pregnancies.

As for the current topic of sex ed, it is VITAL! You can't keep all sexual knowledge away from people under the age of 18. That's just INSANE. It's impossible. Sex is everywhere nowadays, and kids younger than me know more about it than I do. Sex Ed is the one thing keeping most of those kids safe. Since it IS impossible to keep all sexual knowledge away from small kids, it's best to educate them on how to have safe sex.

Even if we could keep knowledge away from kids under the age of 18, do you have any idea what would happen when they turn 18? There would be so much sex and so many pregnancies because there would be NO KNOWLEDGE of birth control. Thus, I believe sex ed should remain a vital part of life.

Be careful, you are referencing an act that degrades the very thing that made you and if that is degraded, you are of no more worth than a mass produced consumer product.

By the way, no one said anything concerning the vitality of sex in life. And to be quite honest, it is not. There are millions of people that go through life without having sex. It never was a vital part of life for them and it is not a vital part of life for you. However, you can make it an important aspect of your life by falling in love with and marrying a person that complements you, something that I plan to do myself.

Kura
June 15th, 2006, 02:40 PM

The fact is, nowadays, many parent's don't give a crap what their kids do. It also explains why they need to dumb-down the education system for the newer generation (1990 or later)

It's ridiculous.

Shining Arcanine
June 15th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Try early to mid-1900s and later. The education system has been this way since they started adding more than the basic math, english, science and history classes. I do not know when that happened but I know that lunch got thrown into the curriculum in the 1960s so that the curriculum could be extended when what they needed to do was focus on the basics that the education system was created to improve. Getting back to my original "people do what appears to be good for them" comment, the labor unions thought that adding additional classes would increase their revenues, which appears to them to be good for them, so they went about getting these other classes in under the premise that "it will be good for them [the children]" while completely ignoring how such classes assume that they [the children] already have the basic skills that the school system was created to provide and eliminating their [the children's] rights as american citizens.

If labor unions had never been in the education system, many of these problems would not have happened, as the education system would be putting those it was created to help before all else, rather than union revenues before all else. If this was not the case, school districts that receive huge sums of money per child and pay some of the largest salaries of any employer in the country would not be asking parents to pay for the loss of income they suffer when students are out sick as they are paid per day attendence rather than per year. Apparently, bringing in money is a bigger priority for the education system than the health and well being of those it was created to help.

Kura
June 15th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Try early to mid-1900s and later. The education system has been this way since they started adding more than the basic math, english, science and history classes. I do not know when that happened but I know that lunch got thrown into the curriculum in the 1960s so that the curriculum could be extended when what they needed to do was focus on the basics that the education system was created to improve. Getting back to my original "people do what appears to be good for them" comment, the labor unions thought that adding additional classes would increase their revenues, which appears to them to be good for them, so they went about getting these other classes in under the premise that "it will be good for them [the children]" while completely ignoring how such classes assume that they [the children] already have the basic skills that the school system was created to provide and eliminating their [the children's] rights as american citizens.

If labor unions had never been in the education system, many of these problems would not have happened, as the education system would be putting those it was created to help before all else, rather than union revenues before all else. If this was not the case, school districts that receive huge sums of money per child and pay some of the largest salaries of any employer in the country would not be asking parents to pay for the loss of income they suffer when students are out sick as they are paid per day attendence rather than per year. Apparently, bringing in money is a bigger priority for the education system than the health and well being of those it was created to help.

.. Basic? ._. Well not around here. My mom says that the education system is harder than what it used to be.. and now they're simplifying it even less than what it used to be ._.;;~

And btw, this is about teen pregnancy~ X3 so please try to relate it to that~

._. But yeah~ So many kids don't care about school anymore, and rather just chat on their cellphones all day >>;~

How productive!! <-- (sarcasm)

Drifblim
June 15th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Ah, but it is very important, my dear. It's an issue in teaching others about sex and childbirth that seems to help the teen pregnancy rate rise. I say we should have those classes even if they subscribe to a religion that discourages it; in no time they'll be chickening out of having a baby at their age.

Shining Arcanine
June 16th, 2006, 12:23 AM
.. Basic? ._. Well not around here. My mom says that the education system is harder than what it used to be.. and now they're simplifying it even less than what it used to be ._.;;~

And btw, this is about teen pregnancy~ X3 so please try to relate it to that~

._. But yeah~ So many kids don't care about school anymore, and rather just chat on their cellphones all day >>;~

How productive!! <-- (sarcasm)

I am saying that the school system has helped to facilitate this, which does relate.

Ah, but it is very important, my dear. It's an issue in teaching others about sex and childbirth that seems to help the teen pregnancy rate rise. I say we should have those classes even if they subscribe to a religion that discourages it; in no time they'll be chickening out of having a baby at their age.

The school system was never designed to go beyond the basic skills people need to think and communicate, and it should focus on them and nothing but them. Sexual education is a responsibility of parenthood, and the fact that there are a few lousy parents should not ruin it for everyone else.

You know, the school system in some parts of the United States is taking over all of the responsibilities of parenthood. In Washington D.C., people are actually moving into their schools to live, eating their schools' choice of meals three times a day and living by rules set exclusively by their school. Parents have been eliminated from the equation almost entirely unless it is vacation time when the children get to go home. It will not be too long now until children are forcibly taken from their parents after birth to be nurtured into society by the school system, where the school system will control everything from ages 0 to 18. The school system would create a functional marxist society within the United States where parents, siblings and family values are nothing but a thing of the past. Is this really what you want? Unless there is a set purpose to what the school system is to accomplish that is constant throughout time, this is what will happen. We have been moving to it ever since FDR changed the Democratic Party Platform to Socialism in 1932.

Firebolt5
June 17th, 2006, 11:59 AM
I appriciate YoMama for supply us with those answers. That was a random survey and he got involved in his community. I respect people like that. :)

Dawson
June 19th, 2006, 12:17 PM
I appriciate YoMama for supply us with those answers. That was a random survey and he got involved in his community. I respect people like that. :)
You're YoMama, aren't you? Same posting style, posting in exactly the same places, same spelling and grammar errors. Probably even the same IP too. We all know YoMama was lying, so don't create a new account to try to back yourself up, YoMama, that's lame, even for you.

Kura
June 19th, 2006, 12:23 PM
You're YoMama, aren't you? Same posting style, posting in exactly the same places, same spelling and grammar errors. Probably even the same IP too. We all know YoMama was lying, so don't create a new account to try to back yourself up, YoMama, that's lame, even for you.

Dawson. Don't flamebait. If you think it's the same person, PM a moderator..

And yeah, it is.
*just checked IPs*
And also.. I don't know of someone in their right mind who would applaud another person for providing fake information.

This is a discussion, YoMama; not a popularity contest.

Drifblim
June 19th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Well, chaps, after an IP probe, they are one and the same.

Lord Mike
June 19th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Man, did my friend get on here and make his own account? I told him not to do that.

I'm sorry. I should've had control over him. :(

Allstories
June 19th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Ahahahaha, nice try, dude. I'm afraid you'll find we're not all as naive as you think. You'd certainly be none too bright to leave your computer unattended long enough for a friend to make an account, find an avatar, create a signature, and post in this thread without you even realizing it.

Lord Mike
June 20th, 2006, 04:57 AM
I let him create an account and help him set it up, and then he started posting like crazy. I told him to stop, but he kept doing it. Allstories, I know what I'm talking about and you don't know me.

Allstories
June 20th, 2006, 06:39 AM
...In your previous post you just implied that you were unaware that he had actually created one. If you're going to lie, at least keep your stories straight.

*~Ashley~*
June 20th, 2006, 07:09 AM
Okay guys, this thread is supposed to be about teenage pregnancy, not YoMama's two accounts. If you guys seriously can't get this back on topic and/or can't stop arguing with one another, I'll have no choice but to close this, alright?

Lord Mike
June 21st, 2006, 03:52 PM
Okay guys, this thread is supposed to be about teenage pregnancy, not YoMama's two accounts. If you guys seriously can't get this back on topic and/or can't stop arguing with one another, I'll have no choice but to close this, alright?

I'm sorry about that. My friend's using his account on his own computer now. :)

A new couple just got pregnant in our neighborhood. They're both 14 years old. That's pretty young if you ask me. :\

Drifblim
June 21st, 2006, 06:47 PM
Both fourteen? Meh....To quote a fic I read, 'Kids, starting earlier these days'.

I wonder how that'll go down with the school system. :/

Zero ex
June 21st, 2006, 07:10 PM
Last month i read in shoutwire that, there was a 11 year old mother in england(I think it was there). Her mother said she was proud that she keep the baby.

These days... lol they only want ... lol