• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Type chart

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Many people have said that the type chart is flawed and needs improvement. What changes to the type chart would, in your opinion, improve the game?
I think that Normal types need another weakness the same with Electric types.

:t003:Dark Venusaur

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
Dark Venusaur said:
Many people have said that the type chart is flawed and needs improvement. What changes to the type chart would, in your opinion, improve the game?
I think that Normal types need another weakness the same with Electric types.

:t003:Dark Venusaur
Why would Normal types need another weakness? No type is weak against normal, so I think it's fair that they only have one weakness.

I say Water types need a physical weakness. Maybe Poison or something. I mean, water pollution is a world-wide problem so it would be quite logical too.
Steel types should be weak against Water imo, because steel does rust if it's exposed to water for a too long time.

Zone

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 10, 2006
Smarties-kun said:
Why would Normal types need another weakness? No type is weak against normal, so I think it's fair that they only have one weakness.

I say Water types need a physical weakness. Maybe Poison or something. I mean, water pollution is a world-wide problem so it would be quite logical too.
Steel types should be weak against Water imo, because steel does rust if it's exposed to water for a too long time.

I'd see that rusting comment as more of a reason to make water attacks strong against steel types. The poison beats water thing could work as well, but I think that the current type chart is good enough. Fixing it isn't needed.

Years
Honestly, I believe that charts are really well-made. I think there IS a balance with the types as most of Pokemon with "not fair" types are double typed so no problem exists in first place. But anyway, even that fact I don't think that Nintendo would possibly change the charts even a bit :P That's my opinion.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Zone said:
I'd see that rusting comment as more of a reason to make water attacks strong against steel types. The poison beats water thing could work as well, but I think that the current type chart is good enough. Fixing it isn't needed.

Erm...Steel having a weakness against Water is the same as Water being strong against Steel, you know. So I fail to see the point of your comment. xD

I concur with Ash_Pokemaster on this, though, the typecharts are actually very well made. It's true that Water is getting a bit out of hand, but that could be easily fixed by creating more Electric types, goodness knows, maybe even some more with proper movepools? (E.g. Lanturn/Electabuzz) At any rate, I'd say that the chances of the typecharts getting revised are zilch. After all, since you can trade between 3rd generation games and Diamond/Pearl I think it's a fair assumption that you can have linked battles between them as well. This being the case, what do you think that two conflicting type charts would cause? There's no way to change the typecharts of the existing games (As you'd have to modify or replace every single cartridge sold), and it would be terribly unfair for an unwary 3rd generation player to, for instance, suddenly find his prized Vaporeon OHKOed by a Sludge Bomb. Really, let's not whine and demand changes to everything, m'kay? The typecharts are fine as they are, and seriously...I'm quite positive that the design team has no intention of changing them.

Pika_blue

Cipher ***** Gorigan HATER
Years
Mind you, with technology, you fixed the berry glitch, so who's to say that the type chart will NOT be updatd. (Though, I don't think it will).

I think that perhaps BUG would be weak to ice IF ANYTHING, as bugs are really gonna survive a blizzard in their natural habitats...............................................

Years
Pika_blue said:
Mind you, with technology, you fixed the berry glitch, so who's to say that the type chart will NOT be updatd. (Though, I don't think it will).

I think that perhaps BUG would be weak to ice IF ANYTHING, as bugs are really gonna survive a blizzard in their natural habitats...............................................
What does technology has to do? O.o?? Berry Glintch was meant to be fixed on first place. This has NOT to do with type charts' change. Type Charts are a stadard of Pokemon. It's like the rules of a game changed if they changed the charts. Besides, I think that after 10 years they wouldn't do such a thing. :P Not only there's no reason, but also that would make fans angry in some way. :P Playing so many years and change rules is not the best thing... :P

bluestorm

Lucario and Mudkip! BLUE PWNS!
Years
I agree with ash pokemaster. They would NEVER change it. What if you had christmas in june or Easter in November??? I mean the type chart is sorta like a custom been going on for years. They could and would and should never ever change it.

Back