PDA

View Full Version : ~*!*~toughest Gym Leader~*!*~

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
May 13th, 2006, 04:22 PM
What gym leader do you think is the strongest out of them all.?
I think that Koga and Erika are

:t003:Dark Venusaur

enyce
May 13th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Koga and Sabrina....

Erika is easy because I picked charmander

weirdo1
May 13th, 2006, 05:59 PM
I think that giovanni was hard..he had very tough moves.

poke lover
May 13th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Giovanni and Sabrina are the two toughest leaders without a doubt.

~Alakazam~
May 13th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Erika is easy. Get a ground or fire type and you're good. A Dugtrio takes care of Erika because its super effective attacks can hit first since it is very fast.

As long as you have a Gyarados or Snorlax, Sabrina isn't hard. Use body slam or bite or something. Koga is simple with a Kadabra. Giovanni can be out like a light with a Blastoise or Gyarados or the like. (especially Gyarados, it is flying also)

With a Psychic type and a Fire type and a Gyarados, all four of those (Erika, Gio, Sabrina, Koga) will fall.

But, the hardest is Misty without and Electric type. Her Starmie just throttles all but Grass pokemon and Grass ones fall fairly quickly. The same could be said about Blaine without a Water type.

So, I guess they're all easy with a fire, psychic, electric and Gyarados

Tbone2356
May 13th, 2006, 08:27 PM
I Think Out Of All the Gym Leaders In All Regions, The 1st Gym Leaders Are Always The Hardest Because You Mainly Get Only One Type Of Pokemon And If You Dont Choose A Water Pokemon (Many People Dont) Its Really Hard To Defeat The 1st Gym Leader (They Are All Rock).

Like In R/B/Y You Have To Stay In The Woods For Like 20 Years Training A Caterpie Evolve Into A Butterfree And Learn Confusion So The Onix And Geodude Could At Least Be Weakend.

Rioku_Zanketa
May 13th, 2006, 08:34 PM
in yellow version,if your poke'mon levels are even equal to LT.Surges' it's really hard, especially because they tried to make it like the t.v show, so when pikachu goes aganst raichu,it's really tough and will most likely to beat pikachu...

same goes for brock....but everybody else is so easy,it aint funny,....it's stupid.....

Mr_Smilie:)
May 14th, 2006, 01:43 AM
well the first 2 GYM's for me when i picked charmander

enyce
May 14th, 2006, 07:47 AM
in yellow version,if your poke'mon levels are even equal to LT.Surges' it's really hard, especially because they tried to make it like the t.v show, so when pikachu goes aganst raichu,it's really tough and will most likely to beat pikachu...

same goes for brock....but everybody else is so easy,it aint funny,....it's stupid.....

Lt. Surge was easy, My level 30 Pikachu beat his Raichu. Although my pikachu had 1 HP left. But that was after I weakened his raichu with charmeleons dig.

Lathspell
May 15th, 2006, 04:18 AM
When I first chose Charmender, Misty was hell. I coldn't beat her no matter what. And I didn't want to train a picachu because I considered it a waste of time. So I beat it with pure power, I over leveled Charmeleon.
But from then on, I chose Venusaur as starter, because he has a better moveset in the end, and I passed through the first two gyms like a knife through butter :P. The most difficult one was Sabrina IMO. I had Mr. Mime, Venusaur, Pidgeot and Lapras (which wasn't trained) and her Alakazam started to CM. When he got 6, I thought I was gone for sure, and I pulled out Pidgeot, so he could die too, but Zam died with a Quick Attack (how very lame) I had no problem with the rest of them. The all went out easy with either Psychic attacks (nothing can stop a CMed Psychic) or with super effective attacks.

VanirElf
May 20th, 2006, 02:41 PM
um...Brock if I start with charmander but after him I've already
found pokemon to replace the starters so the rest aren't actually a problem.

none of the gym leaders are a problem if u start with squirtle or bulbasaur.
'cuz u have access to pokemon that can wipe the floor with any of their pokemon
if u bother to raise a varied team.

Forever
May 23rd, 2006, 01:16 AM
I'd say maybe The last gym leader..which i forgot it's name

Katakoe
May 23rd, 2006, 01:33 AM
Ughh, Koga and Sabrina, hands down. --;

But Sabrina was more difficult because my pokemon where weak from battling all the people in her gym cause I was to lazy to go back and heal them. xD

Ninetales
May 24th, 2006, 07:29 PM
I found all the gym leaders (at least the first five, as I only have five badges) pretty easy, probably because I caught every Pokemon possible in Leaf Green before facing them. Here's what I can say about the Gym Leaders:

--If you have a Butterfree and/or Mankey, Brock is easy. If you don't, he's the hardest one out there.
--Misty is so easy, unless you don't have any Grass or Electric Pokemon or all your Pokemon are below level 15.
--Lt. Surge is in my opinion the hardest gym leader out of the ones described here. I fought against him with an all-Ground team and still found it hard. Raichu spends the beginning of the battle using Double Team six times (or at least he did when my Sandslash was out), so after a while he gets pretty hard to hit. Sure, Voltorb and Pikachu are easy to beat, but Raichu makes the battle hard.
--Erika is kind of challenging but not too bad. If you have a Psychic, Flying, or Fire-type at at least level 30, you should be OK. (Though I found Erika challenging even though the Pokemon I used against her were Butterfree, Weepinbell, and Beedrill. My Butterfree nearly lost to her Vileplume >.<)
--Koga is soooooo easy. All you need is a level 35 Kadabra and you're all set. (My level 35 Kadabra KO'd his Koffing and Weezing in one Psychic attack--even Weezing has low Special Defense.) You might want to use a Graveler or something against Muk to be on the safe side--or at least that's what I did.

I don't know what Sabrina, Blaine, and Giovanni are like... but I am currently worried about Sabrina now... I know that she was tough to beat in Yellow, so I don't know...

BiggySmall
June 1st, 2006, 02:09 PM
The toughest in my opinion is Misty. Ive lost to her the most. Regardless of the game. Whether I have a Bulbasaur or Squirtle. It's because I am very lazy when it comes to training and I dont battle everybody. Yet I still beat the game which is weird.

Jorah
June 2nd, 2006, 11:56 AM
-I found Erika simple, I always have a Pidgeotto by then, and I had a Vulpix with me too.
-I always find Misty somewhat hard, even if I do have a Pikachu with me, but I could beat her easily this time because I had a Bellsprout.
-Lt Surge is a bit hard too, but I had a Sandshrew this time, and their attack is high while Raichu's defence is somewhat low
-I always find Brock easy, even with a Charmander, because although rocks defence is high, their special defence is never as good so you just have to keep embering them
-I usually find Giovanni quite easy because I usually have a strong water pokemon by then, I had Blastoise so I just kept Surfing them
-I usually find Koga and Sabrina the hardest because the only psycic pokemon you can catch at the time is Abra, and I don't like them much. All of Sabrina's pokemon are easy to defeat except Alakazam because it has Psycic and you can't get any dark pokemon at that point in the game.

Nuke
June 2nd, 2006, 12:01 PM
Brock + Misty are easy with Bulbasaur.
Blaine is quite hard.

Rena
June 2nd, 2006, 02:07 PM
I would say Lt. Surge and Sabrina are the strongest gym leaders.

The Fallen
June 2nd, 2006, 04:14 PM
Sabrina gives me some trouble. Brock also gives me a bit in the beginning, unless I have Squirtle.

WHALESDUDE
June 2nd, 2006, 04:24 PM
Well really, I cruised through leaf green with pokemon you can catch before level 10... I used Pidgey, Charmander, Nidoran F, Magicarp (From the guy in the Pokemon center that ou buy for $500) pikachu, and abra. Now they are all evolved fully and the party is still going strong. I didn't even lose once to a gym leader and never really had to tarin. I only trained in Vicotry road to beat the elete 4 for the second time...

Green Bulbasaur
June 7th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Either Giovanni or Koga.

They're both an equal pain.

Smarties-chan
June 8th, 2006, 02:46 AM
I'd say Koga. Unless you have a Pokémon with immunity against Toxic or a strong special sweeper, his Double Team/Toxic combo will be a pain in the neck.

I only had trouble with him the first time I played through Firered, though. My Pokémon were horribly under-trained the first time.

miloticmaster
June 10th, 2006, 01:21 AM
My hardest gym leader would be Koga.... all those Poison moves.... grrrr....

sunny99
June 20th, 2006, 07:43 PM
i have to say koga and thats it, hes the only one i had to use my entire team, and sabrina, she has a tough alakazam

Ichida
June 20th, 2006, 08:28 PM
In terms of level, it's always the last leader. In this case, Giovanni. But if they were all on the same tier, then my vote would go for Koga. Speed and poison is an effective combination.

Rioku_Zanketa
June 20th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Lt. Surge was easy, My level 30 Pikachu beat his Raichu. Although my pikachu had 1 HP left. But that was after I weakened his raichu with charmeleons dig.
try putting them against each other,without damaging it with other poke'mon...

Bekki
June 21st, 2006, 02:24 AM
I found all the gym leader pretty easy if you have the right Pokemon in your team.

~Rene~
June 21st, 2006, 06:12 AM
I think the toughest gym leader is Koga.

Exokriz
June 23rd, 2006, 03:58 PM
I never have problems with the gym leaders. I'll kill there Pokemon in One-hit KO. This is how I do it.

-Brock- If I choose Bulbasaur as my starter, I just have to use a Vine Whip and he is dead. If I choose Charmander, however, I'll catch a Mankey to cream him. (I usually try to get my starter to evolve before the first gym battle)

-Misty- I'll just use Razor Leaf with my Ivysaur and they are dead, or I get a Pikachu and train him until he knows Thunderbolt.

-Lt. Surge- By far one of the easiest. Why do you thing the Diglett Cave is there? I'll go catch a Diglett, train him until he is a Dugtrio and "Dig" his Electrics into a grave.

-Erika- Charmeleon/Chairzard or a Pidgeotto/Pidgeot. Grass-types are weak against Fire and Flying, so if you have a Fire-type, use Flamethrower, or if you have a Flying type, use Wing Attack. If you dont have any of these types, go to the patch of grass just before you go into Celadon and catch a Growlithe.

-Koga- Use a Kadabra/Alakazam, or Mr. Mime if you traded for one. One Psychic can kill his pokemon, you dont even have to use Calm Mind.

-Sabrina- Get yourself a Snorlax or a Gyrados that knows Bite. Snorlax has some great Sp. Def. and powerful Physical attacks. Psychic types have really low Defense.

-Blaine- Visit Seafoam and catch a Golduck/Slowbro, or if you have Blastoise is good too. Also bring along a Rock/Ground type for good measure, he wont stand a chance.

-Giovanni- Water-type attacks, and Psychic against his Nidoking and Nidoqueen.

The gym battles are very east as long as you think about the types that you have to face before hand. If you want some help here is a nice sample team:

Primeape
Raichu
Dugtrio
Pidgeot
Alakazam
Gyrados

Rubberbandman
June 23rd, 2006, 06:43 PM
I didnt have problems with any, I lol how easy the main story is :/

sunny99
June 23rd, 2006, 06:53 PM
come to think of it, none of them r really a challenge if u train ur pokemon once in while