PDA

View Full Version : Life's a drama...(PG-13, possibly depressing...)

Amy-chan
May 15th, 2006, 04:35 PM
I don't know if this is allowed, but...

I'm crying as I type this. My sixteen-year-old sister, Kristin, who has autism and is developmentally delayed, has been becoming worse and worse lately in spasms and such. She's been grinding her head against walls, screaming, biting and scratching my parents. My mother spent Mother's Day yesterday cradling her in the car, crying as her daughter slashed at her at her every attempt to help. And today, Kristin banged her head into the wall so hard that she shed blood, and she made four large holes in her bedroom wall, which was only just repaired from a time she was banging her head into it only a few weeks ago. I tried to help her, but she nearly pulled my hair out. I'm so pathetic...I should be able to handle all this without complaint or worry, but the truth is that I'm scared. Scared for my parents. Scared for my sister. I've tried to find consolation in PC, but some of my dearest 'friends' here seem to have decided to leave me by myself to cope. I don't know who cares, but I'm afraid. Extremely, utterly afraid.

I don't mean to sound self-pitying or anything. I just want your prayers and wishes for Kristy. I'm frightened. I don't want her to hurt herself anymore. But I think, maybe, just positive wishes for her to get well would help. I appreciate you reading this...

Okay, okay...that's all. I'm done.

EDIT: A mod may close this thread now. Thank you.

Dawg 2005
May 15th, 2006, 04:41 PM
I feel for you, Thorns.

I honestly hope for the best, for you, your sister, and your family. If you need someone to talk to, I'll be here (even though we don't know each other, but you're in a time of need). ^^

Amy-chan
May 15th, 2006, 04:46 PM
I feel for you, Thorns.

I honestly hope for the best, for you, your sister, and your family. If you need someone to talk to, I'll be here (even though we don't know each other, but you're in a time of need). ^^
Thank you. Thank you so much. *hugs* I appreciate it deeply. My mom's taken Kristy to the emergency room now. My parents think(or hope) that she could just be taking bad medication. I guess we'll see.

Pincushion
May 15th, 2006, 04:47 PM
I'm really sorry about your sister Thorn, things must be so difficult for your sister, you and your family. I am sure you will all pull through. Its very difficult to deal with somone in your family with a disability such as Kristys or any disability. Just keep fighting for your sister and your family, be there for eachother. If you are feeling down and sad make sure your family do know you are upset, I know they have alot on with your sister but you also need support. They will be more upset knowing you didn't tell them how you are feeling. It must be very hard to cope with your sister, especially if she can be quite forcefull and can hurt you, make sure you are not putting yourself at risk of harm, you will be more helpful to her if you are alright. Do not be scared. You will always have support from us here at PC, some people find it difficult to cope with peoples problems, they just dont know what to say, don't take it personally with your friends. I hope you know that, its alright to be sad about these things. I wish you, your family and your sister Kristy all the best, and I hope things start going better for her soon. Stay strong.

I can help you any time you want to talk, feel free to PM me and if you have a messanger to give me your add and we can talk about some things if it will make you feel better.

Amy-chan
May 15th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Thank you, Pincushion. *hugs you as well* That touches me.

I am so thankful for your support, you two. Thank you so much. You've given me new hope.

Dawg 2005
May 15th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Thank you. Thank you so much. *hugs* I appreciate it deeply. My mom's taken Kristy to the emergency room now. My parents think(or hope) that she could just be taking bad medication. I guess we'll see.
I hope that it was a minor thing that can be treated easily.

Stay positive, okay? I know you all will make it through this.

Amy-chan
May 15th, 2006, 05:02 PM
I hope that it was a minor thing that can be treated easily.

Stay positive, okay? I know you all will make it through this.
Thank you. *smiles* Good advice. Having optimism and faith is crucial in times like this. And, again, thank you, very much. I know we will pull through.

Lily
May 15th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Your post reminds us we have so many things in life to be grateful for.. ._.

At any rate, you have my sincerest condolences. I pray both you and your family will be able to heal in time. I'm ecstatic to see you're compiling hope; it's vividly inspiring. ^_^

Amy-chan
May 15th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Your post reminds us we have so many things in life to be grateful for.. ._.

At any rate, you have my sincerest condolences. I pray both you and your family will be able to heal in time. I'm ecstatic to see you're compiling hope; it's vividly inspiring. ^_^
Thank you, Lily. *smiles and hugs* I am deeply thankful for your condolences. I'm an inspiration? *blushes* Eh, all the more reason to keep hanging on, I guess. ^^ Again, thank you for your kindness.

Drifblim
May 15th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Yeesh....I thought my half-brother was enough. We've had four of his sitters walk out, and then we have his father arriving to collect him, drunk. I know how it is, really, considering that I have Asperger's syndrome myself.

fallen_natsumixx
May 15th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Wow... I really hope you, your sister and your family are alright. I wish you and your family the best of luck and I hope Kristy is alright.

Persona
May 15th, 2006, 06:23 PM
She has brain disorder? I'm so sorry Thorns, you, your parents and your sister must feel miserable right now. I'll pray for you and your family tonight, and I hope your lives will get better. Your mother must've felt that this was the worst Mother's Day she has ever had.

Amy-chan
May 15th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Thank you, guys...Thank you so much. I'm sorry I'm hugging everybody who posts in this thread, but...well, 'tis hard to resist. n_n;

Yeesh....I thought my half-brother was enough. We've had four of his sitters walk out, and then we have his father arriving to collect him, drunk. I know how it is, really, considering that I have Asperger's syndrome myself.
I'm sorry to hear about your half-brother, and your Asperger's. As a matter of fact, one of my closest friends has Asperger's... Anyway, thanks. *hugs* It's relieving to hear that there's someone on PC who can relate.

Wow... I really hope you, your sister and your family are alright. I wish you and your family the best of luck and I hope Kristy is alright.
Thank you. I'm sure we will be, if we just keep hope in our hearts. *hugs* Much appreciated.

She has brain disorder? I'm so sorry Thorns, you, your parents and your sister must feel miserable right now. I'll pray for you and your family tonight, and I hope your lives will get better. Your mother must've felt that this was the worst Mother's Day she has ever had.
Thanks much. *hugs* As always, it's appreciated. And...oddly enough, yes, those are the exact words my mom used to describe it.

Psychotic_Demon
May 15th, 2006, 08:22 PM
And you know, my Thornheart, that you will always have my love and support.

Amy-chan
May 15th, 2006, 08:28 PM
And you know, my Thornheart, that you will always have my love and support.
*hugs Psychotic_Demon tightly* Dear Saphira, thank you, so much. Your love and support has been everything lately. I find so much comfort in simply knowing you are there for me, that you would not desert me as others have. My beloved Sister, I am forever indebted to you.

Psychotic_Demon
May 15th, 2006, 08:32 PM
I would never desert you, as the others (whoever they might be) may have. I will always be by your side, no matter what happens.

Amy-chan
May 15th, 2006, 08:35 PM
I would never desert you, as the others (whoever they might be) may have. I will always be by your side, no matter what happens.
Now if I were to count my blessings, just to try to feel better about my situation...here's one. A friend I can truly count on.

Psychotic_Demon
May 15th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Now if I were to count my blessings, just to try to feel better about my situation...here's one. A friend I can truly count on.

*smiles gently* I'm glad to know you trust me. *hugs* But don't worry, we'll work through everthing, just like before.

Chase Leader
May 15th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Ohh wow, powerful turely, I hope things get better for you...and I thought I had it tough...wow...

Edit: Hey this is my 777 post maybe thats a good sign of luck for you...I wish you all the luck in the world.

Amy-chan
May 16th, 2006, 06:34 AM
*smiles gently* I'm glad to know you trust me. *hugs* But don't worry, we'll work through everthing, just like before.
*smiles back* Of course we will.

Ohh wow, powerful turely, I hope things get better for you...and I thought I had it tough...wow...

Edit: Hey this is my 777 post maybe thats a good sign of luck for you...I wish you all the luck in the world.
*grins* Maybe it was; seven's always been a lucky number for me. *laughs* My mom and Kristy got back a few hours ago, and as it turns out, she's doing fine! They gave her a Catscan, and there's nothing further wrong with her brain from her headbanging, unlike what my parents feared. They're not sure quite what was the cause yet, but they think it might be headache causing her to bang her head. Anyway, she's much better now. So thank you all for your support. *hugs everyone* I'm sure things will further improve.

wakachamo
May 16th, 2006, 07:48 AM
...You must be a very strong person with a very strong heart. I feel very sorry for you, and Kristy will be in my thoughts. I sure hope she gets better.

Don't let yourself go down, don't worry.

Smarties-chan
May 16th, 2006, 07:53 AM
I'm glad things are getting better ^^
When I saw your post, I was seriously shocked, but as I said before, I'm glad your sister is better now.
I'm not good at saying comforting things, but keep in mind that I'm always there to support you, whatever the problem, I'll be there.
And if I'm not, you can just twhack me with a salmon, boot or whatever you want to >D (that sounded seriously corny -_-)
I'm sure things will further improve.
I certainly hope they will, and I really mean it too.

Zelos
May 16th, 2006, 11:55 AM
I feel really sorry for you...

I don't know anybody like that so I can't say I know how you feel, but I will pray for you and your family. This must be a really tough thing to go through. I hope everything works out. <3

Amy-chan
May 16th, 2006, 04:13 PM
I'm glad things are getting better ^^
When I saw your post, I was seriously shocked, but as I said before, I'm glad your sister is better now.
I'm not good at saying comforting things, but keep in mind that I'm always there to support you, whatever the problem, I'll be there.
And if I'm not, you can just twhack me with a salmon, boot or whatever you want to >D (that sounded seriously corny -_-)

I certainly hope they will, and I really mean it too.
*smiles* Somehow I knew you would post here, Smarties. Thanks for your support. *hugs* You're a great friend...

I feel really sorry for you...

I don't know anybody like that so I can't say I know how you feel, but I will pray for you and your family. This must be a really tough thing to go through. I hope everything works out. <3
Thank you. *hugs* For your prayers, for your consolation. It really does help.

Thank you all, so very much. Kristy is improving greatly.

Fateful
May 17th, 2006, 01:25 PM
I'm very sorry for all of this Thorns. It must be very hard for you and your family to go through this. If you ever have something you just need to tell to someone, or even just to talk to someone, give me a PM. I'll be there for you...always. You can count on that. I hope that it all works out for the best.

Amy-chan
May 17th, 2006, 01:54 PM
I'm very sorry for all of this Thorns. It must be very hard for you and your family to go through this. If you ever have something you just need to tell to someone, or even just to talk to someone, give me a PM. I'll be there for you...always. You can count on that. I hope that it all works out for the best.
Thank you. *huggles* That's very kind.

Kristy's acting up again. We're not sure what to do. My parents are thinking of either buying her a helmet, or sending her to a place where she'd be happier...Or perhaps just waiting to see what happens. I'd miss her if she had to go away...but whatever's best for her... And hey, at least she hasn't made any more holes in the wall. Though she tried.... My parents think this may all just be anxiety from not understanding why the house is changing around her(we're moving). Who knows? *sighs*

Fateful
May 17th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Everything will work out for the best in the end. I'd be more than happy to talk to you about anything at all via PM.

Kris V1
May 18th, 2006, 12:03 AM
God will be with your sister, dont worry. The treatments in this modern world are endless, so dont worry everything will be alright. If you need to talk to me just catch me on YIM or Google Talk, or even PM me. ^^

Amy-chan
May 23rd, 2006, 03:12 PM
Thanks, you guys, so very much. *hugs everybody who posted once more* Kristy's improved greatly. I'd just like to thank you all for your support one last time, and for your well-wishes and condolences. They really meant the world to me, and gave me the strength to pull through. I'm so glad to have so many friends who care here at PC, and so lucky to have you all there for me. Again, thank you for your kindness. It truly has helped a great deal.

This thread may be closed now.