• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokécommunity VIP?

Years
We do have donators who in return for their gestures, get a coloured username. Plus advertisements on the forum help us with costs already. If such an idea involved a division between members of the community with such perks like coloured usernames or anything relative to that, then I show no partiality to it. What for? Why actually have it? For costs? If it means enforcing such changes then perhaps it may not actually be worth it, regardless if it helps us money wise. We'd rather not have such a system which would involve a possible 'social' split between members as whole, it'd most likely cause more bad than good.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
It's a thoughtful gesture, but I believe PC is in no need of such thing, since things are currently running smoothly. Donators are given a green, italicized name, and as far as I'm concerned, there are no significant problems regarding the costs right now. ^_^

Rukario

Banned
Years
I agree.. we already have the community supporter, which is basicily exactly what you suggest..

IF we can come across some unique content or something, we MAY, at some point, offer a paid subscription area to those who want it.. but until then , the supporter is all we'll have.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
You guys could also think about a newsletter or something for the supporters...Im not saying you have to, but it would be cooler than just a green name...ALSO it could be a way to get people to support the community! Just a suggestion

Drifblim

Banned
Years
And on top of that, aside from the people that have donated money to support the Community, you've given no criteria for people that would be put into this new VIP guild, Dashiel.

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
Years
VIP, very important person. A donater is a very important person. but thats what you get. the colored name. its good enough.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
Years
A newsletter? O_o;;

How would that be a good idea? And what would the staff even put in it?

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
Its just a suggestion! geez... -.-

I meant it to be like a way to get more people to donate to the site! I never said the admins HAD to do it. Maybe its not a good idea, maybe do somethin elce to get people to donate! it dosnt matter. Why does everyone have to be so frickin opiniated about EVERYTHING! It was a suggestion!

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2013
Dashiel:I have a question. Are you satisfied with the green username alone?

I don't really see much of it being needed most forums have those kinds of things but not all of them are pokemon and since this a pokemon forum the age expectancy of members here are not that high to actuaully have members to donate on their own online. (Though it can be done my mail like I did.) I'm not sure on if the number of supporters will really increase if there were more benfits of donating.

I also agree on Crystal Walrein question. There has not been a explanation of what it is actuaully. Though it may just be a increase in pm boxes or a larger avatar limit.

I don't see it as if it will increase the number of supporters here. For now that is.*Is the only supporter disagreeing with this. Though has been a supporter longer than the supporters posting here* *gets jumped buy the other supporters.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
Teresa, calm down. Just because other people disagree doesn't mean you have to assume the act of the defensive, victimized one.

It's the member's choice whether or not to donate; enforcing it isn't necessary, and besides, there are no major problems with how things currently are. o_o;

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
Years
.:Teresa:. said:
Its just a suggestion! geez... -.-

I meant it to be like a way to get more people to donate to the site! I never said the admins HAD to do it. Maybe its not a good idea, maybe do somethin elce to get people to donate! it dosnt matter. Why does everyone have to be so frickin opiniated about EVERYTHING! It was a suggestion!
Please, calm down. =) The idea of suggesting ideas is so that it can be reviewed, and modified if needed, no? Yelling won't help your case at all. ._.; [Neither will sort-of-swearing.]

We already have the CS group. o_o As said.

exemption

void
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2006
People who donate should only be donating to support these forums, not for the green coloured name and other proposed "special privileges", in my opinion. Donating is a kind gesture, where you should not be getting much out of it in the first place other than the fact that you are, indeed, supporting a community and a site that you love. A "VIP group" will only create a social barrier between the community; as stated, it's not a good idea, and it will cause many issues with both players and staff alike.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
I still feel that our Donation system is entirely morally incorrect, and doesn't really stay true to what donating should really be about. You should donate because you like the forum, and want to help it, not because you want benefits in return.

*will finish later, has to go*

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
We should think of the colored name as a small bonus, not a benefit. Not everyone is capable of donating out of sheer good will, so perhaps this is merely one alternative, with many others waiting to be thought of. Majority of the forums choose to give away special rewards for those who donate, so in a way, we're following the standard current.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Shiharu said something about this socially 'splitting' apart the members...
Seems to me it already is... Its causing arguments and it hasn't even happened yet. ( Not that it will... )

^^;

Anyhoo, while multi-colored names would be interesting, it'd be difficult since you probably wouldn't be able to get the same colors as the mods/admins, and such ...that takes away 3 or 4 good colors right there. ^^;

Also, I do agree that it would cause problems amongst the users...

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
The way the Supporter system, and rest of the PC system for that matter, works now is fine. No need to mess with something that isn't broken. o.O

Back