PDA

View Full Version : Battle Frontier Discussion

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
May 20th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Umm... can someone sticky this because this is a main part of the game and stuff and this thread can cut down on alot of Battle frontier threads.
Anyways I currently still have
4 gold symbols
all of the silver
I really think that the Battle frontier is too hard. I've been stck like this for 6 months

:t094:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Skitty Miaow
May 20th, 2006, 02:50 PM
i've been trying the battle frontier for a while.. and I still haven't got anywhere.. any advice?

Squeegee Beckenheim
May 20th, 2006, 03:46 PM
I will sticky this thread because I think you have a point on how need it is. This thread is for discussion over the Battle Frontier. Keep questions in Simple Questions!

HoundoomOfTheDarkness
May 20th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Battle Frontier advice: I'm not the greatest, but I have all the silver symbols. Basically, you need strong attacks. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A FIGHTING TYPE!!! Or at least a physically strong Pokemon with fighting moves. Otherwise you will be done in by Chansey and Blissey. How humiliating.

May 21st, 2006, 03:31 AM
Thank you The Hunk my first sticky.
Anyways I've always had a Shuckle with the following moves
*Toxic
*Sludgebomb
*Protect
*Subsitute
Well thats how I got most of my symbols.

HoundoomOfTheDarkness
May 21st, 2006, 07:51 AM
Queen Boo, for your Shuckle you might consider replacing Sludge Bomb with Toxic. Shuckle's pitiful attack power kind of makes any directly damaging attack worthless. I have a Houndoom specifically for the Battle Frontier, especially the Arena. It has Sunny Day, Fire Blast, Solarbeam, and Hyper Beam. I accidentally used it in Open Level once (it's level 50) and a non Sunny Dayed Fire Blast stopped most level 60s in one shot! I love you, brute attack power!

May 21st, 2006, 09:21 AM
Queen Boo, for your Shuckle you might consider replacing Sludge Bomb with Toxic. Shuckle's pitiful attack power kind of makes any directly damaging attack worthless. I have a Houndoom specifically for the Battle Frontier, especially the Arena. It has Sunny Day, Fire Blast, Solarbeam, and Hyper Beam. I accidentally used it in Open Level once (it's level 50) and a non Sunny Dayed Fire Blast stopped most level 60s in one shot! I love you, brute attack power!
Umm.. I have Toxic already thats like the best move to give a Shuckle. So alot of people are saying that I should get rid of Sludgebomb for Double team.

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Smarties-chan
May 21st, 2006, 09:24 AM
No, don't get rid of Sludge Bomb for Double Team, get rid of it for Sandstorm. You might also consider Wrap over Substitute.

HoundoomOfTheDarkness
May 22nd, 2006, 11:29 AM
Oh... sorry. I didn't notice. I just noticed Sludge Bomb. I also didn't notice that you had 4 gold symbols. I don't have any gold symbols at all! And I've been stuck that way longer than you've had 4 Gold Symbols!

May 22nd, 2006, 01:30 PM
No, don't get rid of Sludge Bomb for Double Team, get rid of it for Sandstorm. You might also consider Wrap over Substitute.

Its that I want to torcher the Pokemon by using subsistute and then protect and then Toxic, well thats my plan and thats how I got 4 gold and 7 silver symbols.

:t094:~*!*~queen Boo~*!*~

shanecdavis
May 22nd, 2006, 02:17 PM
That is still way too much set up in BF, and that is probably why you haven't advanced any further. Defense is good, but overdoing it like can make it last longer than it needs to and you will usually end up on the other end of the battle. Ditch the Shuckster for a Poke that has good defense, but can actually attack as well.

HoundoomOfTheDarkness
May 22nd, 2006, 07:20 PM
That is still way too much set up in BF, and that is probably why you haven't advanced any further. Defense is good, but overdoing it like can make it last longer than it needs to and you will usually end up on the other end of the battle. Ditch the Shuckster for a Poke that has good defense, but can actually attack as well.

Or have both. What two Pokemon do you ordinarily use with your Shuckle? Good balance would probably require something with brutal attack force but little defense, and something medium. Salamence and... hmmm... not too many mediums out there... Anyone think of a well balanced stat Poke other than some legendaries (Mew comes to mind. Too bad it is outlawed at the Frontier. And why do all the rentals in the Battle Factory suck except the ones your opponent uses, and then you can't beat them to swap? Why am I going on and on in parenthesis?)?

May 23rd, 2006, 03:46 PM
Well I usually use a Pokemon with bad attack (Shuckle and Umbreon) and some Pokemon with very good attack and special attack (Charizard and Espeon) my team is balanced out. But thats not all of them. Well in the battle Factory I had a shuckle with Toxic, Double team, Wrap and Sandstorm. those were horrible move though

shanecdavis
May 24th, 2006, 06:36 AM
That is where you have a problem. Every Poke you use should have good attacks. Again, you are emphasizing too much on defense. While defense is always a good thing, too much of it is going to be counter-productive. You still need a way to defeat your opponent.

Razer302
May 24th, 2006, 07:05 AM
I Am Training Jolteon For Lv 50
Jolteon Lvl 34 Timid Need Item
Ev Spa 105 Speed 130
Thunder Wave
Thundershock
Thunderbolt
Helping Hand

I Need 2 Pokemon To Go With It And More Moves Instead Of Thunder Shock And Thunder Wave

HoundoomOfTheDarkness
May 24th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Note to self: Always have a ground type. Or else something with ground moves. Lest you die by Electric types. Why must they only have one weakness? Speaking of weaknesses: if Sableye could learn skill swap, and used it on Shedinja, it would be invincible!!! I bet I could sort of make that work!!! *Coughskillswapswitchoutsableyeskillswapinvinciblecough*. Excuse me.

shanecdavis
May 24th, 2006, 01:44 PM
Actually it wouldn't be invincible. Your Sableye would still be succeptable to non-direct damage, ala Toxic or Will-O-Wisp or the like.

May 24th, 2006, 04:37 PM
That is where you have a problem. Every Poke you use should have good attacks. Again, you are emphasizing too much on defense. While defense is always a good thing, too much of it is going to be counter-productive. You still need a way to defeat your opponent.
Okay thanks for the information. I'll try that.

HoundoomOfTheDarkness
May 24th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Shanecdavis, I know what you mean by indirect damage, but I meant stuff like Fire Blast that do serious ammounts of damage instead of annoying slow effects. Never underestimate the slow effects though. I fought my first Shedinja in the Battle Tower on Sapphire. It sucked and couldn't kill my Latias, but I couldn't beat it either, no Super Effectives or slowkillers. Eventually it killed itself with Struggle. Never use Tyranitar on a team with a Shedinja. Sand Stream=bye bye Shedinja.

May 25th, 2006, 03:17 AM
So what Pokemon should I compete with then:t201-qu:

Toothache
May 25th, 2006, 03:30 AM
I usually use:
1 fast physical sweeper (Heracross)
1 fast special sweeper (Zapdos)
1 tankish/defensive (Suicune)

Between the three of them, I've got nearly all the Silver Symbols (just missing the Battle Tower one), and 1 Gold Symbol (Tactics).

Meteordragon01
May 25th, 2006, 11:05 AM
I know a website that tells you the requirements for getting all the gold and silver metals.

http://www.serebii.net/emerald/frontier.shtml

Just click on the names of the areas in the battle frontier,go near the bottom, and it should show you the requirements for getting the silver and gold badges.

If this link doesnt work for any reason, try this one.

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Go to the video games section on the side, and click Emerald. Then find the words "battle frontier" and click on it.

shanecdavis
May 25th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Toothache is right on, as usual. Typically you cannot go wrong with that format. Two sweepers (physical and special) and a bulky water. Personally, I go with Aerodactyl, Gengar, and Swampert.

HoundoomOfTheDarkness
May 26th, 2006, 12:27 PM
I use a Houndoom. All the time. It has brutish attack power and it is my best friend in the Battle Arena. *Turns on Gameboy Advance SP and tries to find Pokemon that could be good with Houndoom.* Someone complete this team, help me please. (No get new nature remarks please.)

Houndoom (Item Needed)
Fire Blast
Solarbeam
Hyper Beam
Sunny Day

Metagross (Item Needed) (High Attack Power)
Earthquake
Brick Break
Meteor Mash
Double Edge

All I know is that it either a) has to be flying type or b) has to have Levitate.
Gyarados?

May 26th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Okay I'll try these Pokemon. I will Open level them (Level 100) so they can sweep the opponets.

Shadeslayer
May 27th, 2006, 06:09 AM
I always do Open Level now, All mine are at Lv. 99 or 100.

May 28th, 2006, 05:34 AM
I always do open level also. But I have alot of level 82 and 100 Pokemon so there is my team for the battle frontier.

HoundoomOfTheDarkness
May 28th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Maybe I should retrain. I just learned a bunch of stuff about attack and defense and speed etc. IV's and I could create even better Houndoom/Metagross/Other things. And I know why the Battle Factory was created: to give first-Battle Frontier-visit-players a chance to get their first Silver Symbol, and then torment them forever. I hate Counter. The reason for the swapping is so that if by some miracle you beat someone with better Pokemon than you, you can swap for their best only to have it OHKO'd by the next trainer. And in the Battle Pyramid, the witchy lady said that ground moves wouldn't work so I brought electric types only to find many Pokemon with Levitate: most either being ground type or knowing Earthquake. Needless to say, my winning streak ended.

shanecdavis
May 30th, 2006, 07:57 AM
I use a Houndoom. All the time. It has brutish attack power and it is my best friend in the Battle Arena. *Turns on Gameboy Advance SP and tries to find Pokemon that could be good with Houndoom.* Someone complete this team, help me please. (No get new nature remarks please.)

Houndoom @ Shell Bell/Lum Berry/Leftovers
Fire Blast
Solarbeam
Crunch
Sunny Day

If you are going to use Houndoom, PLEASE use Crunch over the crappy Hyper Beam. Avoid two-turn moves at all costs. Not to mention that Crunch gets STAB and runs off its higher SAtk. Its Flash Fire trait is pretty cool too.

Metagross @ Choice Band/Shell Bell/Leftovers
Earthquake
Explosion
Meteor Mash
Sludge Bomb/Shadow Ball/Agility

A pure physical attacker needs Choice Band. My favorite set is Agility/EQ/Explosion/Meteor Mash.

All I know is that it either a) has to be flying type or b) has to have Levitate.
Gyarados?
That is why I use Aerodactyl as my physical attacker and Swampert as my bulky water. Gyarados could work, but remember that it is 4x weak to Electric. A special Flygon could work too. Or you could go with a bulky water that resists EQ.

HoundoomOfTheDarkness
May 30th, 2006, 02:15 PM
How do I get it to know Crunch... (I already know the answer, it learns it at a level above 50 so I'll have to have it as an egg move...) And when does Metagross learn Explosion?

shanecdavis
May 30th, 2006, 02:51 PM
How do I get it to know Crunch... (I already know the answer, it learns it at a level above 50 so I'll have to have it as an egg move...) And when does Metagross learn Explosion?
Actually, Houndoom learns it at Lv59, and it isn't an Egg move either. The only way you can get a baby Houndoom is if both the parents know Crunch.

Also, Metagross doesn't learn Explosion. You have to teach it from the Move Tutor in FRLG.

May 30th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Who do you think i the hardest Battle frontier Brain to beat?
I think that Spencer is and its all because you can't choose your moves.

:t092:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

HoundoomOfTheDarkness
May 30th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Hardest to beat? I can't even get to any gold symbol versions, but I had trouble with Lucy. Not because she had overly tough Pokemon, but because her Shuckle kept using Rest! Good thing I was using a Metagross.

June 2nd, 2006, 12:29 PM
Spencer was almost impossible to beat, with his Pokemon. They kept on using the right moves.

aragornbird
June 2nd, 2006, 02:54 PM
~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Spencer used to be really hard to beat, but then I got a Lv. 100 Skarmory and it was suddenly easy. Skarmory ruins his Slaking and Crobat, and since it has Sturdy, his Lapras can’t use Sheer Cold on it.
I got a Gold Symbol from him since his Suicune was being stupid and never Calm Minded against my Regice’s Thunderbolts.

Mooreluv2009
June 2nd, 2006, 09:30 PM
For some odd reason my team won on the first try.And my 3 year old sister was just mashing buttons.O.O

June 3rd, 2006, 03:14 AM
Wow she must of been really lucky. Are you sure that this really happen.

VanirElf
June 5th, 2006, 06:13 PM
I ABSOLUTE LOVE Battle Factory I keep playing it on open level.
I've gone through it a grip of times already but I haven't earned any
symbols yet.
Does anyone know how many times I have to go through it before I get
my 1st symbol.

also about the points earned thingy.
like I generally earn 3 or 4 but every couple of time i go through it
I'll get 5 points when I finish.

is there a specific tactic or something that earns me more points?
'cuz if someone could explain that to me I'd be so greatful 'cuz earning
points though WAY FUN is kind of tedius.
but I do so enjoy these battles.
My favorite is the double battle.

shanecdavis
June 5th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Interesting. To get the Silver Symbol, all you need to do is win three consecutive runs. On the fourth run, at the end, you will battle Nolan. To get the Gold Symbol, you need to win six consecutive times, and the on the seventh you again battle Nolan at the end. You might have gone through it a grip of times, but have you won consecutively. That would be the only reason I can think of why you haven't earned a symbol yet.

VanirElf
June 6th, 2006, 01:14 PM
um...do you mean like 4 or 6 times in a row without actually turning off my
gameboy?

'cuz I haven't done that but I've got loads of wins, i've even started earning
more BP when i'm done i'm up to 7 BP everytime I finish it.

but I'll try doing it that many times without turning off my GB.
um...does it matter if i'm doing the open level double battle challenge?

shanecdavis
June 6th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Yes, to get the Silver Symbol, you need to go through it three straight times. That is 21 consecutive battles without quitting. After that you go through a fourth round and then you face the leader as the 28th battle. To get the Gold Symbol, it is 56 straight wins. You cannot stop in the middle of a round, but IIRC you can stop after a round and then pick it back up at a different time without starting over. The only way you have to start all the way over is if you lose.

It's Just Fufu
June 6th, 2006, 02:45 PM
Yes, to get the Silver Symbol, you need to go through it three straight times. That is 21 consecutive battles without quitting. After that you go through a fourth round and then you face the leader as the 28th battle. To get the Gold Symbol, it is 56 straight wins. You cannot stop in the middle of a round, but IIRC you can stop after a round and then pick it back up at a different time without starting over. The only way you have to start all the way over is if you lose.

I am not so sure that he will be at the end of the 4th run through... I got all the Silver Symbols, and he was there at the end of my third run through...

It's Just Fufu
June 6th, 2006, 02:46 PM

I am not so sure that he will be at the end of the 4th run through... I got all the Silver Symbols, and he was there at the end of my third run through...

June 8th, 2006, 07:26 AM
Don't double post Please and Noland was the first battle frontier brain I beat with both the silver and gold.

HoundoomOfTheDarkness
June 8th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Wobbufet makes me very, very, very, very, angry.

shanecdavis
June 8th, 2006, 08:27 PM
I ran through it again, and you face the brain on your fourth run, after 3 runs of 21 battles. I was mistaken thinking you battled 7 times on your fourth run, but it is only Noland. So it is 21 battles for the Silver Symbol and 42 battles for the Gold Symbol.

Rubberbandman
June 10th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Wobbuffet is only used by punks or someone who wants at least 2 quick kills, encore can make it worse :\

shanecdavis
June 11th, 2006, 05:40 AM
Wobbuffet really isn't a problem if you are prepared for it. Toxic works great, and so does a Pokemon that can OHKO. My Cursed up Snorlax has always worked for me.

As Rubberbandman said though, Encore can really be a problem.

Toothache
June 12th, 2006, 02:28 AM
Just a quick note about the Battle Factory, the more swaps you do, means the more powerful Pokemon you can get later on. This is how I ended up with a team consisting of Latios, Zapdos and Suicune. (I then had to run into a Wobbuffet which gave me trouble with Mirror Coat then Destiny Bond.)

HoundoomOfTheDarkness
June 17th, 2006, 09:24 PM
I know that... I always have some awesome thing, which gets beat by an even more awesome thing, so I swap for it, but it is no help whatsoever in the next round, and then I lose. I hate that lab coat who tells you about your opponent. I know what he means, but all that really helps is the type part because they always get around counter-strategies to their strategy anyway. He is useless, except as the usual heal-between-rounds-guy.

Toothache
June 19th, 2006, 01:25 AM
BTW if you want Crunch on Houndoom, keep it unevolved until L49, cos Houndour learns it then. And that'll help you take on Wobbuffet, since Dark types don't take Mirror Coat damage. Woot.

Currently working again on the Battle Dome L50, just beat Tucker with the following:

Metagross@Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
EV: 100 HP/252 Att/80 Def/78 Sp Def
Meteor Mash
Shadow Ball
Earthquake
Rock Slide

Sceptile@Leftovers
Nature: Modest
EV: 252 Sp Att/252 Speed/6 Sp Def
Leaf Blade
Thunderpunch
Substitute
Leech Seed

Salamence@Lum Berry
EV: 60 HP/252 Att/20 Def/156 Speed/20 Sp Def
Dragon Dance
Aerial Ace
Earthquake
Fire Blast

I got a bit lucky with Tucker, to be honest. I led with my Salamence, probably a bad idea since he used his Swampert, KOing me with Ice Beam. I KOed him with Leaf Blade, and then faced his Charizard. Luckily, he missed with Overheat first round, giving me the round I needed to Substitute. Next round, Leech Seed, then kept using Substitute until about half health, finishing off with Thunderpunch.

I think I'll replace Salamence with an Ice Beam user, since I'm gonna need one for his second team (he uses Latias and Salamence as well as Swampert). I'm thinking Starmie, to keep the heavy sweeping theme of my current team.

Ultimate_Evil
June 20th, 2006, 11:20 AM
i hate the battle fronteir, because you cant gain exp so i dont even go there unless im bored and all of my pokemon are at level 100

Toothache
June 21st, 2006, 03:17 AM
I forgot, second time you face Tucker he pulls out Metagross as well as Swampert and Latias. I switched out my Salamence for Starmie, and chose Sceptile and Starmie to start. Predictably, he led with his Swampert again, a quick KO for my Sceptile.

I hate Quick Claw, he threw out Metagross and KOed me with Meteor Mash before I had a chance to Leech Seed him. Surf is a 3HKO with Starmie as I found, he used his next new turns to Protect for a bit until it failed, then his Quick Claw kicked in again to Earthquake me down to 1/3 health. Thankfully it didn't work the next round as I KOed him.

So yeah, a bit of luck with this one, but I made it and now have the Gold Tactics Symbol. 1 down, 6 to go.

June 24th, 2006, 05:17 AM
I just hate in Battle Frontier how the Brains get to use Legi's and we can't.

FinalTreecko781
June 24th, 2006, 01:01 PM
that's really sucks for me too.....well you should be proud of yourselves...i've only got 2!!!!!and they're silver!i've got a spirits symbol and a luck symbol.personally, the battle pike was the easiest.i'm working on the factory but the pokemon really suck...i know that the more you trade the better pokemon you get...but seriously the beginning pokemon really suck.:(

Toothache
June 26th, 2006, 01:41 AM
Battle Factory is really based on luck. What I tend to notice, especially at the first battle is they give you a set to choose from for swaps, then set you up against the Pokemon all of them are weak to. Maybe it's just my bad luck or something, but the Battle Factory is easily the most evil of the areas.

FinalTreecko781
June 28th, 2006, 04:35 PM
sometimes im just get dumb and choose pokemon based on their attacks. i look at their stats and they suck and im like eh........oh it has good attacks and when i start the battle it faints really quick................and i hate trading pokemon in the factory.it gets irritating.especially when they have the suckiest pokemon imaginible.:(

Neo Umbreon
July 4th, 2006, 04:49 AM
I had the Brave Symbol (Silver) and the Luck Symbol (Silver) but my sister started my game over and now I have none.

sunny99
July 4th, 2006, 11:27 AM
i have all the silvers and 2 golds and i tried to get the others and i failed so many times i'm not even trying anymore

Ralts
July 16th, 2006, 01:42 AM
I've encounter lucy many times in pike. but i don't know how to beat her shuckle... it has high sp.def.

Levski
July 16th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Shuckle's base Def and SDef are equal...
Anyway, use a Steel type *coughmetagrosscough* Shuckle can't affect it with any of it's attacks. Just use Meteor Mash, it's as easy as that. Did I mention that a Metagross can sweep Lucy's whole Silver team?

Ralts
July 20th, 2006, 01:21 AM
metagross may be perfect to defeat shuckle and seviper, but it can't sweep out Milotic, right ?? maybe I need an electric pokemon with a metagross to beat her ? Is a Zapdos is Allowed to enter battle Frontire ???

Toothache
July 20th, 2006, 01:28 AM
Zapdos is fine for the Frontier, I'd recomment a Light Screen Zap so you don't get Ice Beamed to death.

If you're talking the Battle Pike, I generally use Choice Band Metagross and I can most of the time OHKO the wild Milotic that appear. For Pike Queen Lucy, an Electric type is not a bad idea.

Ralts
July 20th, 2006, 02:52 AM
I have a metagross with a Brave Nature lv 100 it has wicked attack, not too bad sp.attack and, a poor speed. or a LV 98 metagross with a serious nature, it has a balanced stats, wich one should i use to beat lucy ?

shanecdavis
July 20th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Definitely go with Brave. Serious is a crappy Nature since you don't get any benefit from it.

Ralts
July 24th, 2006, 01:32 AM
if we have completed all the gold symbol, what will hapened ?

Toothache
July 24th, 2006, 03:19 AM
Speak to Scott and he will give you a Starf Berry. BTW if you have all Silver he gives you the Lansat Berry. Both raise stats at 1/4 health, Lansat raises critical hit rate (better off using Scope Lens as that does the same job but all the time), and Starf raises one random stat by one level.

J-Yoh
July 29th, 2006, 01:41 AM
I know how cloning pokémon in Emerald, it's about Battle Frontier

J-Yoh
July 29th, 2006, 01:43 AM
But I can't yet, I have to post 15 replies to post URL in my topic :/

J-Yoh
July 29th, 2006, 01:44 AM
Sorry if this is flood , it's for you

aragornbird
July 29th, 2006, 06:43 PM

Yes, that is spam, J-Yoh. Why don’t you make life easier for the mods and delete your posts, hmm?

Ralts
August 7th, 2006, 12:43 AM
what condition does lansat and starf berry will give, if we use it in a berry crusher by two, three or four peoples ?

shanecdavis
August 7th, 2006, 03:34 AM
Lansat raises the Poke's Critical Hit ratio when its HP drops below 1/3, and Starf raises a random stat when its HP drops below 1/3. I imagine the second half of your question is really asking about the PokeBlock color when you use Lansat with other berries/people. Honestly, I have never used either berry, so I cannot offer you any information. That is something you will have to test for yourself.

Ralts
August 13th, 2006, 05:26 AM
Can we Plant 'em and make a lot of them ?

shanecdavis
August 13th, 2006, 06:35 AM
Well if you want more than one then yes, you can. Keep in mind that they take FOUR DAYS to grow, so make sure you water them every 24 hours, or you will only get one back.

Jorah
August 15th, 2006, 07:54 AM
I got my first 2 symbols yesterday! At the Battle Pike and the Battle Factory! I had to go against the Pike a few times because I had a bit of trouble with the Shuckle, but after I taught my Alakazam Calm Mind it was goodbye to Mr Shuckle and Mr Milotic mwahaha.

I easily beaten the Factory brains. I defeated all of his pokemon with just Ampharos. I also had a Starmie and Clefable.

Sweet-Sapphire
August 15th, 2006, 09:43 PM
I only won a silver symbol and I haven't returned to the Battle Frontier every since I won. I don't know why but even though the Battle Frontier is a very cool place to be, it takes too long to win a single symbol.

The worse? If I turn off my GBA in the middle during a BF quest, I have to start all over again. That sucks.

Still the Battle Frontier is cool.

willypiggy
August 16th, 2006, 07:06 AM
No symbols yet :( I'm trying to get a few silver ones so i'm gonna breed a good team and get to work :)

chrisatsilph
August 19th, 2006, 05:23 PM
i got though the battle frounter using charizard metagross tyrantar

羨望
August 19th, 2006, 06:14 PM
i the same here no simbols even i din,t see any batle heads ethier.how you can get a simbol please.
Team:
blaziken:
blaze kick
overheat
skyupercut
earthquake

more soon, can get help please.xd

shanecdavis
August 20th, 2006, 04:10 AM
Well, for starters, don't teach Blaziken Blaze Kick and Overheat. Pick one. No, don't use either. Go with Flamethrower instead. Also, if you have FRLG, teach it Swords Dance. If you don't, teach it Bulk Up.

To earn symbols in the BF, you need to win a certain amount of battles in a row. It can vary from place to place. You need to be more specific in the info you want in order to get more specific answers. Good luck.

羨望
August 20th, 2006, 01:17 PM
were i can get flametrower.

August 21st, 2006, 09:58 AM
You get flamethrower at the Mauvile game corner for I think 4,000 coins.

羨望
August 22nd, 2006, 04:13 PM
finaly i got see a battle head called lucy but i lost.atleast i see battle head.

aragornbird
August 22nd, 2006, 04:19 PM

You lost to Lucy? She’s not that hard if you have the right Pokémon. She has a Shuckle, Seviper, and Milotic. If you have a Steel type on your team (Metagross), you can easily take care of her first two Pokémon.
Milotic is tricky since it has Mirror Coat and Recover. You can beat it with a Calm Mind Raikou or a physical attacker that has Swords Dance or Bulk Up.

Jorah
August 30th, 2006, 08:33 AM
I restarted my game so I went against Lucy first. I won against Lucy with just my Gardevoir haha. Well I switched to Vileplume for the Shuckle, but that was only so I could get rid of her Chesto berry quickly and without getting poisoned. So when it was asleep I just switched back to Gardevoir.

September 17th, 2006, 10:21 AM
I've learned something from going against that Shuckle. Just have a Steel/Rock type (Aggron) and just let it stay there because it wont get poisoned. Or bring out a Tentacruel like I did when I went against her

shanecdavis
September 19th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Or use Milotic. When it gets poisoned, its Def gets increased by 1.5. It can then Surf away for SE damage and Rest/Sleep Talk and outstall it quite easily.

Sejaa
September 20th, 2006, 12:23 AM
1 Silver ive got :P battle Pike Took me ages Team was

blaziken - lvl 50
ditto - lvl 50
breloom - lvl 50

not the greatest but they do there job

any way does any one know why everyone speaks it capital letters at battle frontier or is an error on my game?

Squeegee Beckenheim
September 20th, 2006, 02:27 AM
I think it is just because the words you pick from are all caps. It is the same way on mine, and is, yes, sorta annoying

I finally bit the bullet, and got a BF team set-up.

Metagross @ Shell Bell
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Rock Slide
- Sludge Bomb

Suicune @ Leftovers
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Rest

Zapdos @ Chesto Berry
- Thunderbolt
- Drill Peck
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

It is an awesome team, in my opinion. I have five of the seven silver symbols, I still need the symbol for the Battle Factory and Palace. I did ok in my Palace practice, but I have a little bit of work to do. Basically, I wanna get a Zapdos with a better nature so it'll stop using Rest in a battle.

Latios Master
September 20th, 2006, 08:31 AM
A couple of days ago I beat Lucy with Latios, Sceptile, and Swampert. I think I beat her with just Latios though.

shanecdavis
September 20th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Yeah, that is why I don't use Legis in the BF, even the non-uber ones. I like somewhat of a challenge.

September 23rd, 2006, 03:31 PM
Are you guys using game shark or action replay because without it you can't bring Legi's in the Battle Frontier, but the brains have it and thats not fair.

shanecdavis
September 23rd, 2006, 04:46 PM
That is incorrect. You cannot use ubers in BF, but the lower-tier Legis are acceptable. Lati@s, Zapdos, Suicune, and the Regis are okay to use, although I still don't. Here are the only Pokes you cannot use in the BF:

Mewtwo
Mew
Lugia
Ho-oh
Celebi
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Jirachi
Deoxys

September 24th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Okay, I didn't know that

Black_Wind
October 7th, 2006, 03:36 AM
I Find Heracross is very good in BF,
I use a move set of:
Brick Break
Megahorn
Bulk up
Facade

October 12th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Yea that Megahorn would be pretty good for going against Greta's Umbreon

Black_Wind
October 14th, 2006, 01:52 AM
not just that but he's just pretty good all round for the frontier.

October 14th, 2006, 01:53 PM
I guess, but there has always been one thing that I didn't like about Heracross and its not its fault. The fact that it has a 4x weakness to flying

shanecdavis
October 15th, 2006, 04:48 AM
That is what switching out is for.

Black_Wind
October 15th, 2006, 05:37 AM
Very true boo but then you got guys like swampert whos got x4 grass.

Bomberman
October 15th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Wow, I've been trying this for the first time for about 15 hours (game time).
I'm still in the Battle Tower. You guys weren't kidding around, this is hard.

October 17th, 2006, 03:03 AM
You can't switch in the Battle Arena though, thats what were talking about Shanecdavis

shanecdavis
October 17th, 2006, 04:28 AM
You can't switch in the Battle Arena though, thats what were talking about Shanecdavis

That definitely isn't the impression that I got. You made mention to Greta, but Black_Wind then talked about the BF in general, and that is when you made your comment. If you were still only referring to the BA, I apologize for not being able to interpret that. :S

October 15th, 2006 06:48 AM
shanecdavis That is what switching out is for.

October 14th, 2006 03:53 PM
~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~ I guess, but there has always been one thing that I didn't like about Heracross and its not its fault. The fact that it has a 4x weakness to flying

~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

October 14th, 2006 03:52 AM
Black_Wind not just that but he's just pretty good all round for the frontier.

October 12th, 2006 06:27 PM
~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~ Yea that Megahorn would be pretty good for going against Greta's Umbreon

~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

October 7th, 2006 05:36 AM
Black_Wind I Find Heracross is very good in BF,
I use a move set of:
Brick Break
Megahorn
Bulk up
Facade

October 17th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Yes I was reffering to the Battle Arena, not in General

~Jack~
November 14th, 2006, 01:09 PM
I have one silver symbol, the luck symbol.

November 26th, 2006, 06:40 AM
what Pokemon did you use?

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

It's Just Fufu
December 1st, 2006, 07:48 PM
Are the Lati's@Soul Dew allowed in the BF? My shiny Latios holding Soul Dew is allowed to be entered at the Battle Tower in the Wireless Multi Battle Station(the one on the far right). I noticed it while I was cloning my shiny Latios.

Also, is Latios@Soul Dew with CM/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Dragon Claw adequate for the BF? I want to put Recover over Ice Beam, but if I do, I have Steelix problems. I could use Boltbeam+ CM/Recover, but I'm not sure...

shanecdavis
December 2nd, 2006, 02:03 AM
You answered your own question about Latias.

If you have problems with Steelix, you switch out to something else that doesn't. Personally, I would put Recover in place of CM. Against the AI, the Soul Dew boost is typically sufficient. CM/IB/TB/Recover works fine though. Personally, I don't use Legis in the BF though, so I cannot say for sure.

Zeroxy16
December 7th, 2006, 11:07 AM
lol guys i kill any1 in battle frontier with my salamance:-flamethrower
-rockslide
-dragon dance
-dragon claw

shanecdavis
December 7th, 2006, 12:24 PM
lol guys i kill any1 in battle frontier with my salamance:-flamethrower
-rockslide
-dragon dance
-Earthquake
I fixed your Salamence for you. Having DD with only one physical move is VERY lol.

ChrisG14
December 19th, 2006, 10:15 AM
I just go my first symbol, the Knowledge Symbol! I wonder what should take on next? Any suggestions?

December 19th, 2006, 01:04 PM
You should try for the luck symbol thats the first one I got

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Spriter
December 20th, 2006, 05:48 PM
I absolutly hate-HATE!-the battle frontier. It makes no sense to me at all. (this might be because I lost my Emerald version, like, a month after I got it???) ^-^ Ha HA!

thepokemonfan
December 28th, 2006, 03:53 PM
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

.Bastion
December 28th, 2006, 05:02 PM
I like the Battle Factory. It opens up endless possibilites post elite four. You can go and create new teams after your sick of some and keep trying new and different things. Plus the trainers here can be really challenging which makes it all the more fun.

I havn't really focused too much yet on it because I'm trying to get some new pokemon before I try it out, but I have gotten the Silver Knowledge Symbol using: Marowak, Milotic, and Espeon. He had a Medicham, Nidoqueen, and Arcanine.

So what should I focus on next? I was working on the Battle Dome but I'm still drying to develop a good team.

Scales
December 28th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Battle frontier is for people who want to beat the game 100%. I would advise to train all your pokemon to lvl 50. Then do the battle tower. Then do all the rest of the stuff. Then train them to lvl 100.

max2do
December 30th, 2006, 10:45 AM
woops wrong topic, sorry ^_^

Forci Stikane
December 30th, 2006, 03:30 PM
...I just went through my first try with my new CBMence, and I learned something that I never encounted before (obviously):

CBMence DOES NOT WORK in the Battle Palace.

MrRandomIDon'tCare
January 16th, 2007, 09:53 AM
i keep levellin up my poke's over lvl 50 and all my others are lvl 70 summin. I CANT STOP LEVELLIN UP!!!!!!!

Yami Rui
January 16th, 2007, 11:18 AM
i keep levellin up my poke's over lvl 50 and all my others are lvl 70 summin. I CANT STOP LEVELLIN UP!!!!!!!

If your around the L70's, until one of your pokemon in your team you'll use for the battle frontier goes above L80 then the opponents will have their pokemon at L80.

shanecdavis
January 16th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Neither one of you are making much sense. First off, your Pokes don't gain Exp in the Battle Frontier. Once you construct your BF team, you don't use them outside of the BF.

Also, in the Open Level, your opponent's Pokes will be the same as the highest leveled Poke that you have or Lv60, whichever is higher.

January 24th, 2007, 09:19 AM
in the Battle Palace I was a lucky one, my Zapdos went against a bunch of water type Pokemon and Zapdos kept on using thunderbolt not to brag XP. The team I use is
Swampert
Eathquake
Protect
Surf
Icebeam

Blaziken
Skyuppercut
Flamethrower
Aerial Ace
Brick Break

Zapdos
Thunderbolt
Drill Peck
Protect
Fly

they are doing a great job in the Battle Frontier

:t354:~*!*~QUeen Boo~*!*~

mew100
February 1st, 2007, 02:05 PM
hey name all new pokemon in the batlle froiter.

shanecdavis
February 1st, 2007, 05:29 PM
Not sure what you mean, but Smeargle and Sudowoodo can only be found there.

♥~*Abby*~♥
February 5th, 2007, 01:14 PM
i beat lucy once, and thats about it. its an embarrassment...

Live in Color
February 11th, 2007, 03:56 PM
How do you get symbols?

I went into the Battle Pyramid or Palace I forget, but I beat 7 trainers or something, anyways I won and had it recorded, but how do I get the symbol? I went in with a mixed group of level 50s, and the opponent used 60s. Do I need to do the level 50 challenge? If so, does Metagross, Medicham and (insert Pokemon here) sound good? Tell me what moves I should teach them too.

Also what moves do you recommend for all my Pokemon?

Medicham I'm thinking
Recover
Hi Jump Kick
Fire Punch
Ice Punch

shanecdavis
February 11th, 2007, 06:20 PM
You only get symbols by doing the Lv50 single battles.

Do not put special attacks on Medicham. Its base SAtk is horrible. Its moveset is more like this:

Medicham @ Choice Band / Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Brick Break / Hi Jump Kick
- Focus Punch / Substitute
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Ball

Medicham is an under-rated physical attacker. The doubled Atk is not something to overlook. BB/HJK depends on your preference. HJK hurts a lot more, but missing means losing 1/8 HP. BB can also bust through Reflect/Light Screen. FP/Substitute is also preference. FP if you can predict, Sub if you suck at it. RS for Flying-types and SB for other Psychics.

MrRandomIDon'tCare
February 12th, 2007, 06:20 AM
i have got all the symbols without cheatin, but i cant remember how seeing as i did it ages ago, when emerald first came out. bloody hell thats 2 yrs now...

Overclocked
February 12th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Does anything happen once you get all of the symbols?

shanecdavis
February 12th, 2007, 04:32 PM
If you visit Scott at his house, he will give you the Lansat Berry if you get all the Silver Symbols, and the Starf Berry if you get all the Gold Symbols.

Andy_C
February 21st, 2007, 07:39 AM
Hey guys im on to the frontier now and i have a few questions.

If you enter the open lv section. Are the pokemon at the next highest lv devisable by 10?? e.g if i enter my lv 58 Sceptile would the opponents pokemon be at lv 60? How does it work?

When you are in the different battle arena's can you get the symblos from doing either section
LV 50 and Open or can you only get the symbols if you go on lv 50??

plz help me out with it

shanecdavis
February 21st, 2007, 07:46 AM
No. In Open Level, the lowest your opponent's Pokes will be is Lv60, regardless if your strongest Poke is Lv59. If your strongest Poke is above Lv60, ALL your opponents Pokes will be the same level of that Poke. That is why it is important to take a balanced team in the BF Open Level.

You only get symbols by battling in the SINGLE Lv50 battles.

Andy_C
February 22nd, 2007, 10:52 AM
Hey guys i want some help i am going to try and do the battle frontier soon. I have only got one silver symbol. It was from the one where you get random pokemon. To get the rest you need ur own pkmn at lv 50. I was wandering what is a good team of 3 to use in the BF. At the moment i am planning on using Gradoviour (LV50) Heracross (LV 40 im gonna train him to fifty first) and Ampharos(Lv 42 i am also training him to 50) Is that a good team or should i replace some??? plz help me out

Live in Color
February 22nd, 2007, 12:23 PM
Any team is good as long as you can get a good mix of moves on them. Like... a Swampert with: Ice Beam, Earthquake, Surf, and Rest, it's got a great mix of moves and can take out it's weakness, therefore giving you a good Poke to use in Battle Frontier. Good luck ;)

EDIT:

I need a good moveset for a Sceptile, and a Flygon. I need to think of a moveset that they both can use that's very different. I was thinking of teaching Sceptile --Brick Break, Leafblade, Rest, and (insert here) and Flygon -- Dragon Claw, Earthquake, etc. etc. I will be using a Slaking with Slackoff, Hyper Beam, Slash, and (insert here). They all have to know different TMs unless I can get two of the same TM. I am thinking of using this team for Battle Frontier, and need help please, and thank you :D

shanecdavis
February 22nd, 2007, 01:19 PM
Please don't use those movesets. That will limit your team way too much and leave you vulnerable. When constructing a BF team, you are better off with a special attacker, a physical attacker, and a defensive wall. As you can see, you don't have that. Here is what you want:

Flygon @ Choice Band
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spd / 16 SAtk
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Quick Attack / Screech
- Rock Slide

This is your starter. QuakeSlide hurts a lot of different types. Fire Blast takes down Steel/Grass/Bugs. Quick Attack is a good finishing move, although Screech can help take down Normal types like Snorlax and Blissey easier.

Sceptile @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Leaf Blade
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Thunderpunch

The HP recovery you get between Leech Seed and Leftovers makes Substitute practically free. Once the Sub is up, you can deal damage with a STAB Leaf Blade or a Thunderpunch. I prefer a more versatile special attacker, but Sceptile can do, especially against the Swampert you will face at the end of the Battle Tower.

The last slot is up to you. Pokes like Snorlax, Blissey, Suicune, Umbreon, Dusclops, and even Milotic really come in handy since they can take a lot of hits that you wouldn't want you more frail Pokes taking. Here is a Milotic that I have used:

Milotic @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spd / 32 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hypnosis / Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Surf

Hypnosis puts threats to sleep, or you can hit them with Toxic. The others are pretty self-explanatory. It takes a lot to KO Milotic, especially when it gets statused and its Def is upped by 1.5. Leftovers should be used here, but your Sceptile really needs them for it to be effective. You can put something else like Shell Bell for some HP recovery. Just avoid Lum Berry since you want this thing to get statused.

Live in Color
February 22nd, 2007, 03:26 PM
Ok new question then... shanecdavis... create me a random team that would be good for Battle Frontier that is obtainable without trading from FireRed/LeafGreen or Ruby/Sapphire. Also, I don't understand how to get the perfect EVs like you say, if I wanted HP EVs wouldn't I fight Marill's or something? And, wouldn't it also take like 20 years to get it?

shanecdavis
February 22nd, 2007, 03:46 PM
The movesets I suggested before are all attainable in Emerald. Swampert/Salamence can be very efficient physical attackers, and Alakazam/Gardevoir are terrific special attackers. Regice is also a great wall, if you want to use Legendaries.

EVs have to be tracked manually, but it is definitely worth it. Every time you battle a Marill, all Pokes involved (even those that didn't participate but were holding an Exp. Share) will get 2 HP EV points. If you have a Poke hold the Macho Brace, it will double the points earned. No, it doesn't take 20 years to get, it typically takes an hour or two if you don't have the means (meaning two games and two GBAs, or another friend) to set up Secret Bases to expedite your EV training.

Live in Color
February 22nd, 2007, 03:54 PM
So... how would I know if the EVs get up to 252? Do I have to raise it from level 5 and just keep track of it?

Also, I think I'm going to use an Alakazam, Regice, and something else, except Swampert/Salamence because I get tired of them easily, maybe a Heracross?

shanecdavis
February 22nd, 2007, 04:21 PM
You don't know when you have maxed out a stat. I use a spreadsheet on my Clie to keep track, but you can use a piece of paper and pencil if you need to. You will know that you have hit 510 when Mrs. Energy Guru gives you the Effort Ribbon. She is located next to Mr. Energy Guru in Slateport. Keep in mind that the EVs I provided are for competitive play (NetBattle), where all IVs are 31. Once you know the IVs of your Pokes you will just need to adjust the EV spread accordingly.

Heracross/Alakazam/Regice can work, but not having Earthquake could be an issue. Watch out for Swampert.

Live in Color
February 22nd, 2007, 04:32 PM
Then what would be a good Poke that can take out Swampert easily, but have earthquake? That'd be quite rare wouldn't it?

shanecdavis
February 22nd, 2007, 04:40 PM
Too rare to list one. Swampert is a beast that you either have a counter for, or you don't. That is why it is the best starter ever. As long as you can wear it out though, you can be okay. AI Swampert's aren't nearly as powerful as competitive Swampert, so at least you have that going for you.

Personally, I used Swampert/Gengar/Blissey for my BF adventures. Swampert hurts physically, is a great Dragon counter, and can take physical hits well. Gengar is one of the best special attackers, can learn Giga Drain to counter Swampert, and can SubPunch away annoying Normal-types. Blissey is, well, Blissey. Special wall and cleric. I have used Milotic in Blissey's place, allowing Swampert to go full physical or even replaced by Salamence, but that is the team that worked the best for me.

Live in Color
February 22nd, 2007, 04:43 PM
But would'nt you need FR/LG to get Gengar/Blissey? 'Cause that's the problem... I have a friend with FR but I don't think he's very far, and I rarely go to his house too...

shanecdavis
February 23rd, 2007, 08:19 AM
Yes, but as I said, that is what I used. Again, you don't HAVE to have a Swampert counter, but it helps. You just have to be able to handle it. You either need to be tough enough to wear it down or you have to be able to inflict a status on it and outlast it.

Flygon, Alakazam, and Regice can be a pretty solid team. I would go with Substitute over Quick Attack / Screech on Flygon though.

Live in Color
February 23rd, 2007, 12:33 PM
Ok, so Alakazam, Regice for sure... and I was thinking a Sceptile, but not for sure... I was thinking Sceptile with Leaf Blade, Substitute, Leech Seed, and Brick Brick/Earthquake?

shanecdavis
February 23rd, 2007, 01:19 PM
Meh. Sceptile shares a Fire weakness with Regice, is a much better special attacker than physcial one (base 105 SAtk vs. 85 Atk), and has no STAB physical moves, unlike Swampert (Ground), Metagross (Steel), Heracross (Bug/Fighting), Flygon (Ground), and Dodrio/Salamence/Dragonite (Flying). It also is pretty frail defensively (base 65 Def), and has many physical weaknesses, which leaves you open to physical attackers. You might be okay in the BF though. I have not tried going in through it like that, but looking at some of the teams some here claim that they have gotten the symbols with, you will probably be okay. I would just make sure that Regice has Rest to allow it to last. You will probably need it.

pikachulover306
February 23rd, 2007, 03:18 PM
In the battle factory how many battles do I have to do before I face Noland

shanecdavis
February 26th, 2007, 08:16 AM
Three rounds of seven battles each to face him for the Silver Symbol. Six rounds for the Gold Symbol.

Remember, you only face Noland when you do the Single Lv50 battles.

Dee Trier
February 26th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Three rounds of seven battles each to face him for the Silver Symbol. Six rounds for the Gold Symbol.

I met noland twice in single battle open level. The important is it must be single battle, it's up to you either in open lv or lv50.

Auron
February 27th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Now I have a question. I wanna win the Silver Symbol from Battle Pyramid level 50. I need a good team for beating the Regis.

I'll use a Salamence with Hydro Pump and a Solrock with Flamethrower...Do you guys think they're a good team ??

shanecdavis
February 27th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Swampert with a STAB Earthquake take down the Regis quite easily. Solrock just doesn't cut it.

Auron
March 1st, 2007, 10:18 AM
Yeah, I've found a way of having my lvl5 Mudkip with Hydro Pump and Earthquake...Thanks, I'll train my Mudkip, breeded in the Daily Care ^^

Live in Color
March 25th, 2007, 07:44 AM
Does this team sound like a good Battle Frontier team? (I got the silver luck symbol, and tactics symbol with only using Lanturn and Regice)

Dusclops --- Impish Nature
@Shell Bell
1. Will-O-Wisp
2. Ice Beam
3. Psychic
4. Shadow Ball

Lanturn --- Bold Nature
@Magnet
1. Surf
2. Thunderbolt
3. Confuse Ray
4. Ice Beam

(Lanturn can take almost anything out, even with a non super effective attack because of Thunderbolt + STAB + Magnet = OHKO)

Regice --- Serious Nature
@Leftovers
1. Ice Beam
2. Rest
3. Explosion
4. Toxic

And a few other Pokes, mix and match them to make a good team for me.

Salamence --- Naive Nature
@???
1. Dragon Claw
2. Earthquake
3. Rock Slide
4. Aerial Ace

Ariados --- ??? Nature
@???
1. Baton Pass
2. Signal Beam
3. Sludge Bomb
4. Agility

Swampert --- Jolly Nature
@???
1. Rest
2. Ice Beam
3. Surf
4. Earthquake

Crobat --- ??? Nature
@???
1. Aerial Ace
2. Sludge Bomb
3. Confuse Ray
4. Return

Skarmory --- Impish Nature
@???
1. Aerial Ace
2. Roar
3. Spikes
4. Rest

Alright, there's a bunch of combinations I was thinking if someone could mix and match them to make a good team that would be nice.

ChrisG14
March 25th, 2007, 12:24 PM

Wha? Do you mean it's easier facing him in Lv50 Single Battles than Open Level? Because I've gotten 2 symbols both Open Level.

Live in Color
March 25th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Wha? Do you mean it's easier facing him in Lv50 Single Battles than Open Level? Because I've gotten 2 symbols both Open Level.

I don't think it's possible to get symbols on open level...

ChrisG14
March 25th, 2007, 01:44 PM
I don't think it's possible to get symbols on open level...

What? I've seen battles on youtube with people getting symbols in Open Level? I recored a battle where I beat Lucy and her Lv 72 team with my Lv 72 team on my frontier pass. I last recorded a match against Tucker's his Lv 74 team against my Lv 74 team. Same goes for Noland and the Lv100 guys. Maybe there are different versions of Emerald. One where you can only get symbols in Open Level, and one where you can only get them in Lv50... :\

zephern
April 17th, 2007, 11:03 PM
I'm stuck as well...
I can never defeat The Pyramid King Brandon...

Dee Trier
April 18th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Silver or Gold? I sy nothing for gold since i also haven't gotten it to, but for silver my milotic could take care of the third entrance plus all the regis.

Who say we can't face brain/ got symbol in open level?? All my silver symbol plus one gold symbol is won at open level!! My friend also clear the open level for all 7 silver and 2 Gold

Toothache
April 19th, 2007, 12:27 AM
You can face the Frontier Brains at either L50 or Open Level. It's only on Multi-battle modes they don't appear, only on single or double battles with one trainer.

BTW, any tips on the Battle Factory? It's the one that really frustrates me cos I don't have a lot of choice about what I use.

Dee Trier
April 19th, 2007, 12:36 AM
Silver or Gold? I haven't won the gold but lately i could always pass the 3rd at least with trade every time. You need solid leader(1st pokemon).

Some pokemon I like (prefer):
- Dodrio
- Miltank (reversal, endure, earthquake, shadowball)
- Starmie (surf,ice beam, thunder bolt, psychic)
- gengar (fire punch, psychic, t bolt , D bond)
- Espeon (Charm, Calm mind, Psychic,....)
Gyara/Sala for D dancing
Or maybe that gardevoir that could calm mind

after many entry you will know which pokemon and it's moveset it is

shanecdavis
April 19th, 2007, 02:40 AM
You can face the Frontier Brains at either L50 or Open Level. It's only on Multi-battle modes they don't appear, only on single or double battles with one trainer.

BTW, any tips on the Battle Factory? It's the one that really frustrates me cos I don't have a lot of choice about what I use.
Holy $@#$!!! It's a Toothache sighting!

Here are some tips for Battle Factory:

* Go for Ghost Pokes since they can avoid a lot of attacks that the cheat#$$ AI likes to throw at you.

* Go for standard Pokes (you probably do that already)

* Go for good items (even on a weaker Poke might help you in the end)

* Balance your team (no-brainer)

* Watch how that Poke performs against you

* The more you trade the better Pokes you will see in the next round, although the cheat#$$ AI will too.

* Have a lot of luck

Toothache
April 30th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Cool, I'll bear all that in mind.

BTW, been building up a Slaking lately for this lot:

Metagross@Choice Band
EV: 60 HP / 252 Att / 100 Def / 96 SpDef
Trait: Clear Body
Meteor Mash
Shadow Ball
Explosion
Earthquake

Claydol@Silk Scarf
Nature: Relaxed
EV: 164 HP / 52 Att / 108 Def / 48 SpAtt / 138 SpDef
Trait: Levitate
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Explosion
Light Screen

Slaking@Leftovers
EV: 6 HP / 252 Att / 252 Speed
Trait: Truant
Return
Shadow Ball
Earthquake
Focus Punch

Not much on the special side, but with two Exploders I doubt I'll need em.

RYOUKI
May 14th, 2007, 01:23 AM
can anyone help me beat lucy?????
im so lucky that lucy always appears in the battle pike
but i wasted all my luck seviper kept sweeping 1 or 2 of my pokes
and if i'm lucky enough he lets out shuckle which waste my poke's pp
and if i'm really unlucky enough she sends out or switch out her powerhouse milotic
i'm really appreciate all the help i can get here are my teams

Manectric
Item:Leftovers
Trait:Static
-Bite
-Spark
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder

Walrein
Item:Shell Bell
Trait:Thick Fat
-Body Slam
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Blizzard

Blaziken
Item:Focus Band
Trait:Blaze
-Slash
-Fire Punch
-Brick Break
-Blaze Kick

Dee Trier
May 14th, 2007, 05:38 PM
All you need again lucy is a metagross. It must learn earthquake for seviper. And it won't affected by either toxic or sandstorm. You can meteor mash shuckle. It's if metagross doesn't inflicted with status before the match.

Equip your best pokemon with a lum berry, it could help you a little.
None of your pokemon has earthquake... Teach one of your pokemon earthquake.

RYOUKI
May 14th, 2007, 11:04 PM
but then.....i already taught my altaria earthquake...im planning of transferring my earthquake in leafgreen in emerald...but my other game boy kinda broken out so i'll have to wait or trick someone to lend me his/her gameboy advance sp

dialga483
May 25th, 2007, 10:49 AM
I'm stuck as well...
I can never defeat The Pyramid King Brandon...
hey!
to beat the pyramid king brandon (for the silver symbol use a fighting type. it can easily best the three regis. I used a machamp, aggron, and alakazam. machamp's revenge works on all three of them.

Magnezone
May 25th, 2007, 11:33 PM
For the battle pyramid, try to keep a Pokemon with Pickup, Linoone is probably your easiest option. For the first two rounds, keep Linoone in your team and if you're lucky you can find items like Sacred Ash. For the third round, replace Linoone with a strong fighting type with revenge (machamp). an easy way to beat brandon with machamp is to use x attacks on him the second time regice uses rest (when he's used his chesto berry). I found quite a few x attacks in the pyramid, so i'm pretty sure you should be able to find them as well. When I faced brandon, machamp was my only pokemon left.

For the battle pike, training a metagross is a waste of time. In the open level one, I used a lv100 gengar to defeat seviper with psychic and then milotic with destiny bond. Against shuckle, I sent out a lv36 Aron I just caught and waited until shuckle ran out of all its PP and began using struggle. When the aron eventually died, i sent out a lv100 sceptile to finish shuckle off.

For the battle dome, I'd recommend starmie against dome ace tucker. (Surf, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Psychic with Sitrus Berry).
Salamence faints with one ice beam, Charizard is weak to surf, and it takes three surfs to beat Swampert. Tucker isn't that smart, his swampert kept using counter as starmie kept using surf on it.
Anyway, I hope this information helps.
I have gotten all the silver symbols. What do you think is the easiest gold symbol to get? And, is there a specific team that I could use for all the gold symbols?

Sir Aaron
June 8th, 2007, 03:32 PM
I got all the symbols using the Johto starters final form.

Feraligatr Lvl:77
Meganium Lvl:77
Typhlision Lvl:77

June 9th, 2007, 05:36 AM
and what are there moves. If your going to tip someone at least give the moves of hte following Pokemon

:t354:tatsujin gosuto