PDA

View Full Version : ~*!*~Hoenns Most Hated~*!*~

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
May 20th, 2006, 01:16 PM
What do you hate the most in Houen?
I really hate the fact that there are so many zubats in one cave. The fact that there is to much ocean and also the fact that there are too many Legendaries.

:t094:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

VanirElf
May 20th, 2006, 01:23 PM
um...well i'm not a fan of the fact that there's no really clear
place to EV train for defense EV's where the pokemon that give them
off are exceedingly common except for the desert.

oh and it's spelled Hoenn

cryogenics
May 20th, 2006, 01:30 PM
I hate the fact that you have to keep switching bicycles if you want to access every area in Hoenn. Too much work for me. XP

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
May 20th, 2006, 02:03 PM
oh and it's spelled Hoenn
It can be spelled Houen or Hoenn but I like "Houen" better

:t094:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Squeegee Beckenheim
May 20th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Alrighty, I fixed the spelling error because that is the only way I have ever found to spell it.

Hardest part for me is Tentacools in the water, if you don't have a flyer with you in the middle of the water, then you could be in BIG doo-doo if it poisons you.

thepokemonfan
May 20th, 2006, 04:22 PM
I hate how there are sooo much ocean and all the pokemon I get surfing on water is either wingulls or tentacools!!!!

Sylphiel
May 20th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Normally I would say something to the extent of that certain common pokemon would be the thing I dislike the most...but no, Hoenn has something else that annoyed me even more:

Trying to find Feebas.

If I wasn't interested in filling up my pokedex, I would've just left that fish right where it was. That thing took way too much time to find.

JX Valentine
May 20th, 2006, 04:35 PM
In defense of Queen Boo, "Houen" is the Japanese version of the name (see here (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Houen), on the first line of the article), just like "Jouto" is for Johto. It's supposed to be phonetic, with each syllable representing a Japanese character, I think. Or something like that.

Anyway...

I hate the fact that you have to keep switching bicycles if you want to access every area in Hoenn. Too much work for me. XP

YES. Thank you!

Also, I hate that you have to keep watching when you go fishing. You not only have to press A several times before you can finally battle the stupid water-dweller, but you also have to time your hits exactly, or the thing will get away. And, of course, you can't have a finger spasm because that might mess you up, and God forbid you have to blink.

Katakoe
May 20th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Dude, they're is WAY too many legendary pokemon. I mean, yeah sure, the Regi's are like the birds/cats, and Grounden/Kyorge[Sp?] are like Ho-oh and Lugia, andy Rayquaza[Too lazy to look up the spelling] I gues could be the equivalent of Mewtwo.. But I don't really see the point to Latios/latias, they just seem a tad of a waste. ._.

JX Valentine
May 20th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Dude, they're is WAY too many legendary pokemon. I mean, yeah sure, the Regi's are like the birds/cats, and Grounden/Kyorge[Sp?] are like Ho-oh and Lugia, andy Rayquaza[Too lazy to look up the spelling] I gues could be the equivalent of Mewtwo.. But I don't really see the point to Latios/latias, they just seem a tad of a waste. ._.

And how about Deoxys and Jirachi? It's like double the Mew, with the way they're obtained.

Kraka-chan
May 21st, 2006, 10:14 AM
I hate how there are sooo much ocean and all the pokemon I get surfing on water is either wingulls or tentacools!!!!
Well if you don't want to be attacked by water pokemon (or the cave ones) you could buy some repel. Shame they can cost a lot though.:disappoin

Anyway, I think the most hated in Hoenn would be Team Aqua/Magma. You meet up with them a lot, they all use the same pokemon (Poocheyna, Zubat, Numel, Carvana, etc.) and, of course, their plans get foiled by us meddling trainers.:P

brotlov
May 24th, 2006, 03:47 AM
I'd have to say all the oddish's and Zubat's and Tentacool's in the game, they're so annoying....especially if you're looking for a Pikachu in the Safari Zone.

Rena
May 25th, 2006, 04:50 AM
What I hate the most is finding Feebas, I haven't bothered looking for any because it'll waste my time.
I also don't like the oddly big population of Tentacools in the water.

Demonta
May 25th, 2006, 06:22 AM
Gotta be the pokemon league, 3 of the have the same pokemons, sooo boring to fight, doesn't give bril exp either...

Demonta
May 25th, 2006, 06:23 AM
Soz about the double post, lagging webbrowser got me to post twice, soz

Mr_Smilie:)
May 26th, 2006, 12:16 PM
Demonta please dont double post.
I hate the whole team aqua/magma pokemon there crap and boring and get no exp out of them.
I also Hate that there should be better training places.
And the ending should be better the battle front was a good idea but then it gets boring.

Ellie
May 26th, 2006, 04:19 PM
I hate the fact that Pikachu's in it while so many other Pokemon like Chansey, Misdreavus, Eevee, and several others aren't. And I dislike the region as a whole.

Yuri Lowell
May 26th, 2006, 04:51 PM
In defense of Queen Boo, "Houen" is the Japanese version of the name (see here (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Houen), on the first line of the article), just like "Jouto" is for Johto. It's supposed to be phonetic, with each syllable representing a Japanese character, I think. Or something like that.

Anyway...

YES. Thank you!

Also, I hate that you have to keep watching when you go fishing. You not only have to press A several times before you can finally battle the stupid water-dweller, but you also have to time your hits exactly, or the thing will get away. And, of course, you can't have a finger spasm because that might mess you up, and God forbid you have to blink.

That was one of my least favorite things about the Hoenn games as well...
Those were actually my favorite games, but the fishing and the switching of the bikes was something they could've avoided... or at least done differently.

I understand that it makes things more simple.... but the fishing...bleh.
Its not suppose to be interesting in the first place... you're suppose to bored for a few seconds while waiting to catch a Pokemon on the hook.... ><;;

I was happy that the FR/LG games changed it back to normal.... ^^

The Fallen
May 27th, 2006, 12:15 PM
I hate but like how hard it is to get to the regis. It's somewhat a bit complicated to figure out without cheating, but yet a great challenge at the same time.

CaptainBrain
May 27th, 2006, 12:23 PM
I hate how the gym leaders are push overs. I like challenges.

Lathspell
May 27th, 2006, 01:34 PM

Actually, Latias/Latios are like the legendary dogs in FR/LG. But I agree, there are a bit too many legendaries...I don't really mind that, as I like to see new pokemon.
But there's waaaay too much water. And I hate surfing.
Also, I hate how you have to have at least two HM slaves, three if you want Fly, to get through certain areas, like the Victory Road or other places.

pikachulover306
May 28th, 2006, 08:50 AM
WHAT DO YOU MEAN HARD IT'S REALLY QUITE SIMPLE I MEAN IF MY BROTHER FIGURED IT OUT (HE IS SLOW). BUT THERE IS REALLY NO ARGUMENT BECSUSE SOME PEOPLE HAVE TROUBLE AT DIFFERENT THINGS LOKE I HAVE A PROBLEM CATCHING FEEBAS(I HATE THEM NOW BUT STILL WANT TO CATCH ONE).

Lord Mike
May 30th, 2006, 12:08 PM
I hate it when I catch a Geodude and it has Sturdy Ability and a Mild Nature. It makes me so mad. I hate it when I find something wrong with every Pokemon I catch. Bad ability. Bad nature. Bad stats. Its always something.

Ninja Monkey
May 30th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Normally I would say something to the extent of that certain common pokemon would be the thing I dislike the most...but no, Hoenn has something else that annoyed me even more:

Trying to find Feebas.

If I wasn't interested in filling up my pokedex, I would've just left that fish right where it was. That thing took way too much time to find.
I found a feebas the first time I fished in a square on route 119... :D Very lucky.

There aren't very many new Pokemon I like from Hoenn. Absol, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza and the starters are the only ones I really like...

Lord Mike
May 30th, 2006, 03:18 PM
I also hate Match Call so much. You're trying to run through grass and someone calls you on your PokeNav and ruins the fun.