PDA

View Full Version : Good CBS

notsure
May 20th, 2006, 07:19 PM
which one is the best cbs
http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32786&stc=1&d=1148170008
This is Pokemon Crystal's Reflection cbs

http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32787&stc=1&d=1148170008
And this is the emerald, firered....... cbs
(the picture get from ign.com)

which cbs you will choose ?(vote in the poll)

~Azura
May 20th, 2006, 07:50 PM
=)

As I already stated on the Pokémon Crystal's Reflection thread, the CBS (and the game itself is great), but may not be functional, being hard to use and such (because the game is made on the limited Rm2k3).

So, that said, we must analize what is a "Good CBS"? A CBS that is good looking on screenshots? Or something more, let's say, advanced. For me, a good CBS (or any other system) is that easy-to-use, where you don't have to copy hundreds of IF statements to make it work.

That's why I vote on Pokémon Red, Blue, Yellow, Whatever, etc CBS.

No more,

~Azura.

You can visit the link in my signature to know more about my Pokémon CBS.

Alistair
May 20th, 2006, 08:38 PM
I would have to say Crystal Reflection's CBS is better. Why? It is something new. It adds more challenge to the game.

Ash_Pokemaster
May 20th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Without a second thought, the classic ones. They are what we rarely call "perfect". They ARE perfect. There's nothing missing. Eventually, after the additions of Advanced Generation they are (and not maybe) the best battle systems ever made. Effort and Individual Vallues, give it it's being hard to follow but it's sure that it's PERFECT. It can't even be compared with most of other battle systems.

Sorye HK
May 20th, 2006, 11:33 PM
I can't really decide;;

BTW, the explanations and images are wrongly put together.

~Azura
May 23rd, 2006, 06:29 PM
Go go! original battle system!

50-50... 6 votes... I guess this poll isn't very popular, huh?

WHALESDUDE
May 25th, 2006, 02:31 AM
I like the origional... just because its so simple. The new one seems complicated.... But its an awesome job!

RMXPUser462
May 25th, 2006, 11:30 AM
I would have to say Crystal Reflection's CBS is better. Why? It is something new. It adds more challenge to the game.

for the exact same reason my vote goes to Crystal's Reflection

~Azura
May 26th, 2006, 03:51 PM
I think the challenge is the same. Pokémon here, Pokémon there, choose your attack, see the results. Then be attacked, see the results. Loop.

I think a Pokémon Action Battle System would make thing a LOT more challenging lol. Just a thought that went into my mind, yeah..

Cya,

~Azura.

abed
May 26th, 2006, 04:07 PM
i think ur wrong azurabr, it's not the same thing and there is more challenge because dargoten said that if u didn't choose fastly the opponent will attack and also he said that u have a choice of 20 attacks so I think dargonten's cbs is better. I voted for Darkgoten.

Red1530
May 26th, 2006, 07:05 PM
I have to go with the Crystal's Reflection Cbs because it is a realalistic Pokémon battle.

~Azura
May 27th, 2006, 07:08 AM
Darkgoten said this, Darkgoten said that... until now I've only seen screenshots of two pokémon facing each other... not a battle system, in fact.

But I respect your opinion and I see your point. As I said an ABS would be the best, and since there's this "choose fast", it adds a bit of action to it. I forgot about that feature.

And about the 20 moves, well... with so many moves, probably we'll have Charizard learning Thundershock lol

~Azura.

Dragetre
May 28th, 2006, 01:57 PM
I would say the original type of CBS. It is an original and perfect function (at least that's my opinion).
-Dragetre.

brendan mc
June 7th, 2006, 06:20 AM
no reason but i think emerild is better.