PDA

View Full Version : Video Game Music!

oni flygon
April 6th, 2004, 05:35 PM
I have no clue wether I should put this in Mixed voting polls or Other games...

Anyways, what's your favorite music from your favorite Video game?

Me,

Fire Emblem 7: The Blazing Sword:
-Together We Ride (The song from SSBM)
-Everything into Dark (Nergal Battle Theme)
-Blessings of the 8 Generals I (Legendary Weapon Theme)
-Blessings of the 8 Generals II (Dragons Pre-Battle)
-Softly with Grace (Black Fang Boss Battle)
-Distant Utopia (Arcadia Theme)
-Shattered Soul (Ninian and Eliwood's theme)
-Unshakable Fate (Final 2 Chapter theme)
-Rise to the Challenge (Boss Battle)
-Victory now! (Boss Battle)
-Strike! (Battle)

Ice Master
April 6th, 2004, 06:03 PM
It is not my favorite but a close call. Theme song of Kingdom Hearts, what I like it :P.
-Tyler :chu:

MegaLightBlaze
April 6th, 2004, 07:07 PM
(Is still jammin to shadows themesong) Guess what mine is LOL

DarkMage31
April 7th, 2004, 11:52 AM
If you want to download video game music MIDI's (perfectly legal) go to www.vgmusic.com. They've got pretty much everything.

Game Makers: Go there for music too. MIDI's are compatible with RM2K(3)

chaoscloud
April 15th, 2004, 02:33 PM
midis kinda suck, i like mp3s better

Jirachi
April 16th, 2004, 03:17 AM
Yoshi's Story, even though it is so dumb, it has lovable music!

chaoscloud
April 16th, 2004, 08:34 AM
if u like kingdom hearts you should try to get music at http://www.khworld.net

John Denver
April 16th, 2004, 05:40 PM
I'm surprise chas didn't post in this

I love the music from GOlden sun, Motoi Sakuraba really did some beautiful work there...But Final Fantasy 8 pimps out everything... NOBUO UEMATSU IS THE MAN!! HIM AND HIRAKAZU ANDO!!

BOO ya!

Kairyu
April 16th, 2004, 06:02 PM
I'm surprise chas didn't post in this

I love the music from GOlden sun, Motoi Sakuraba really did some beautiful work there...But Final Fantasy 8 pimps out everything... NOBUO UEMATSU IS THE MAN!! HIM AND HIRAKAZU ANDO!!

BOO ya!
Oh yes, Hirokazu Ando made some very nice game music. Especially the SSBM series, awesome stuff! I really do wish he would have it packed as a soundtrack though, its probably the best collection of nintendo music that has graced a videogame, period. *Is happy to have the entire soundtrack of it* XD

Nobuo Uematsu has also made tons of memorable Final Fantasy music! Like Forever Rachel, Celes' Theme, Forcing your way, Liberi Fatali, and many more. Though I don't know if I truely have a favorite set of videogame music anymore. Hence that is why I have so much of it to begin with, lol. But right now I seem to be listening to alot of F-zeroGX music and other techno game music.

Cherrim
April 19th, 2004, 02:36 PM
^_^; Until recently, I didn't even pay attention to video game music. I just dished out $30 for the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack, though, so you can sort of see my preferences. :D It's like, 73 tracks or something of amazing music. I'm getting obsessed with Hikari (both versions). XD It's so much better than Simple and Clean.

I also love the music in Final Fantasy X and the opening to FFX-2. =X I want the FFX soundtrack, but it's 4 CDs, so it's $60 at the anime store I go to. And I can't afford that. X3

Kairi
April 19th, 2004, 04:22 PM
The X-2 opening is Kuon- Hikari to nami no kioku not sure what the English name is for it. Im, *ahem* aware of a place where you can download then entire X-2 soundtracklalala (http://www.filefront.com/?filepath=/ffx2net/void-media/music/disc%20-%201.zip)

And disc two (http://www.filefront.com/?filepath=/ffx2net/void-media/music/disc%20-%202.zip) maybe

>.>;

Kairyu
April 19th, 2004, 05:27 PM
^_^; Until recently, I didn't even pay attention to video game music. I just dished out $30 for the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack, though, so you can sort of see my preferences. :D It's like, 73 tracks or something of amazing music. I'm getting obsessed with Hikari (both versions). XD It's so much better than Simple and Clean.

I also love the music in Final Fantasy X and the opening to FFX-2. =X I want the FFX soundtrack, but it's 4 CDs, so it's $60 at the anime store I go to. And I can't afford that. X3
>_0 ..Oh my, 60 dollars for the FFX ost? They're robbing you blind! I got my FFX soundtrack online at gamemusic.com for 45 dollars(at the time), its a good price considering the amount of music you get =).
Its a funny fact though, its one of the few times where I paid more to get the soundtrack than the game itself XD.
(just a note: I think they sold out of their FFX ost, so you might have to wait a bit if you want to get it through them.)

John Denver
April 19th, 2004, 06:30 PM
Um...

www.squaresound.com

www.ffsymphony.nt

they have all the music and links tot he cds...sha-BAM!

BOO ya!

100marios
April 19th, 2004, 07:02 PM
I have no clue wether I should put this in Mixed voting polls or Other games...

Anyways, what's your favorite music from your favorite Video game?

Me,

Fire Emblem 7: The Blazing Sword:
-Together We Ride (The song from SSBM)
-Everything into Dark (Nergal Battle Theme)
-Blessings of the 8 Generals I (Legendary Weapon Theme)
-Blessings of the 8 Generals II (Dragons Pre-Battle)
-Softly with Grace (Black Fang Boss Battle)
-Distant Utopia (Arcadia Theme)
-Shattered Soul (Ninian and Eliwood's theme)
-Unshakable Fate (Final 2 Chapter theme)
-Rise to the Challenge (Boss Battle)
-Victory now! (Boss Battle)
-Strike! (Battle)
All those songs are on my list too hehe..
Except I like the Dragon's Gate II also...

All the Mario rpgs had awesome music! I can pretty much sing them off the top of my head because I know them so well.....especially Paper mario.
Golden Sun had really great music too, along with Banjo-Kazooie & Banjo-Tooie.
Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles has some good music too....and the Wind Waker no doubt!
I could go on for a while....

123hi45
April 21st, 2004, 07:24 PM
can someone post a link where i can download a Simple and Clean Remix MP3 file in english? please

John Denver
April 22nd, 2004, 06:32 PM
PM Chaskis Sato...he was lookin for that exact same song and found it...hmm

BOO ya!

Frostweaver
April 22nd, 2004, 07:57 PM
FFX2's beginning is "Morning Glow" in english, sung by Mayuko Aoki, the voice actor for Yuna. It's based on the Morning Glow Vocal Collection. It's one of my favorite song ^-^;

Yes the Hikari remixed version... I still have to look for that even though Kairi kinda told me to look for it asap but always too lazy and forgot about it o.o;

<= has too much old game music that he absolutely loves, yet don't want to bother making a whole big list of songs that no one had heard of

Scyther5
April 24th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Well, this isnt my favorite song. But I always thought one of the songs in the gallery on SC2 sounds like the music they play at seaworld(a huge ocean amusment park,for those who havent heard of it.) o_0

Cherrim
April 24th, 2004, 03:52 PM
I've got the Simple and Clean remix too, if you need it. ^_^; PM me or something. =X (I love that song, although I prefer the Japanese version now that I've heard it. XD)

And as for the FFX OST, Kairyu, I was talking about $60 CAD. ^_^; The price from GameMusic.com, when converted, works out to around $65, so it's more expensive in the long run. X3;; Besides, there would be shipping costs and everything :x

Kenny_C.002
April 24th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Fav game music?

Final Fantasy X-2 hands down because of: 1000 Words and Real Emotion. I don't care if it's pop music and has nothing to do with the game itself, but those two songs are so good, it's not even funny. I mean, I got the original soundtrack just to get the two songs (and variations thereof, being the piano version of 1000 Words is a masterpiece).

btw, Kumi Koda (or Koda Kumi, the singer of the original 1000 words and Real Emotion) pwns Jade (the singer of their crappy english versions) any day. *shakes fist at Square Enix for ruining the 2 amazing songs* At least they didn't ruin my "Come Back" and "It's too Late" (cuz they aren't in the games themselves to begin with lol).

John Denver
April 25th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Eyes on me is pretty good...I've never really liked FF-X2 music...sorry MT002!

THAT's what I CALLED YOU!!! I think Golden Sun has to have the best music ever for a game...FFtactics advanced really sucked music wise...IT DIDN"T EVEN HAVE THE PROPER ENDING BATTLE WIN THEME!

that blows major...uh...blowage...

BOO ya!

Lanceiscool
April 26th, 2004, 07:24 AM
(Singing) "some-will-say-the-world-is-changing, ma-ny-oth-ers-will-agree..."
"doesn't matter who is wrong and who is right...."

Recognise those? ANyway, for lyrics to your favorite video game songs, click here. (http://www.animelyrics.com)

Dizzy
April 29th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Heh-- DDR has some good songs :P I like lots of ddr songs ^_^

Bumblebee and Butterfly are my favorites though ^_^.

Red_Lugia9090
April 29th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Tie between Fire Emblem theme and Strike! in FE7.
I also like that they play a remixed version of Together We Ride in SSBM.

^_^ call me The Mischief Maker. :latias: