PDA

View Full Version : The "Forgotten" Pokemon

Ash_Pokemaster
May 23rd, 2006, 04:29 AM
No, it's not a topic for the betas of Metal Generation Pokemon, nor is it for well made fakes. It's for the real Pokemon that are a bit "Forgotten". When I say that, I mean they aren't used in battles, not discussed by people etc. In this topic we will fight for their rights... *cough* we will discuss about them and say our opinions for which Pokemon are so "forgotten".

---------

My opinions:

Omastar
Kabuto
Tyrogue
Hypno
Drowzee
Other that won't come out of my mind xD

Toothache
May 23rd, 2006, 04:48 AM
Omastar and Hypno are both awesome UU Pokemon, and I do agree they both need more love.

Farfetch'd is another one people seem to at least want to forget.

Ash_Pokemaster
May 23rd, 2006, 05:02 AM
Another forgotten Pokemon is... Charizard and Pikachu XD Just Kidding :P
Hmm.. to be honest Raticate is also so rare to see used in a battle or in the Anime/Manga. And yeah, I agree that Farfetch'd is another UU even though it looks so cute and strange and funny itself :P Well, to be honest Farfetch'd is a rare Pokemon itself since according to the Anime people were eating it too much.

Kalylia
May 23rd, 2006, 05:06 AM
I think that a majorly forgotten Pokemon is Raichu. Yes, Raichu. And it's because of Ash and his Pikachu. No one cares that Raichu are all-around better and cuddlier! I've had a Raichu on my teams since I first got the games. It's always been one of my two absolute favorite Pokemon. And no one seems to know it exsists!

Smarties-chan
May 23rd, 2006, 07:41 AM
I'll have to agree with Nagoyaka Aikouka about Raichu. Everyone seems to like Pikachu more <.<

Other Pokémon no one uses and that rarely appear in the manga/anime or anywhere else are Cradily, Dunsparce and Yanma, they are all awesome UU Pokémon, but no one (apart from me =P) ever uses them D=

I also agree about Omastar and Hypno *nods*.

Aipom and Ledyba/Ledian are also Pokémon no one cares about and never has either. But I absolutely wub those little fuzzy wuzzies (that so didn't sound like me O.o) <3

Razer302
May 23rd, 2006, 08:11 AM
arados never gets any attention either

DoubleWide
May 23rd, 2006, 09:06 AM
Omastar was thought to be extinct but were found, Ash, Misty, Brock & Professor Oak agreed to keep their existance a secret. Since Jessie, James & Meowth also know about them they should report it to Team Rocket headquarters, but probably won't. Kabuto is also nearly extinct and would be as hard to find, when come across, they prefer to be left alone.

Demonta
May 23rd, 2006, 10:24 AM
plusle shedinja minun pichu wynaut luvdisk kecleon and azuril are just some that I can list...

MegaLightBlaze
May 23rd, 2006, 10:51 AM
Yamma, Dunsparce, Aipom, many of the previously listed Pokemon, Spearow and Fearow, the Belsprout Family, Gilgar, the Jumpluff family, and many more.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
May 23rd, 2006, 12:48 PM
To me Raticate and Shuckle are forgotten but there is more. I'm not saying that because I have them both in level 100.

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Tinkleheimer
May 23rd, 2006, 01:27 PM
Execute and Shuckle are two that come to mind, I might be forgetting some :D.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
May 23rd, 2006, 02:42 PM
Quilfish, Snubble, Pineco, Murkrow, Spinarak, Pinsir, Tangela, Paras. Sadly Forgotten...*cries*

enyce
May 23rd, 2006, 07:09 PM
Magneton and Electabuzz both better electric types than pikachu

Gloom is very awesome too. Magby, Elekid, Smoochum and Pichu are awesome baby pokemon.

But I will admit, some pokemon are best forgotten.

cryogenics
May 23rd, 2006, 07:50 PM
Banette, Tropius, Altaria, and Carvanha seem to be among the Pokemon that everyone overlooks. Poor Banette. :(

Drifblim
May 24th, 2006, 01:50 AM
You know who I don't see? Sableye. The guy has no weakness if the foe hasn't used Foresight or Odor Sleuth. Plus which, it has a decent move pool and decent physical power.

Smarties-chan
May 24th, 2006, 04:29 AM
Magneton and Electabuzz both better electric types than pikachu

Gloom is very awesome too. Magby, Elekid, Smoochum and Pichu are awesome baby pokemon.

But I will admit, some pokemon are best forgotten.
Since when has Magneton been a forgotten Pokémon?
Every 5th standard Netbattle OU team you have has one.
You know who I don't see? Sableye. The guy has no weakness if the foe hasn't used Foresight or Odor Sleuth. Plus which, it has a decent move pool and decent physical power.
I agree about Sableye being horribly neglected ;-; But sadly, with defenses like that, you can't do much D=

Kraka-chan
May 27th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Yeah, Sableye, although a dual Dark/Ghost type, does have a poor defence.
What about Sandshrew and Tentacool? Once I've caught them, they mainly spend the rest of their time the PC boxes. Poor guys.:'(

Prince Peasley
May 27th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Porygon and Porygon 2!! THEY NEVER COME IN THE ANIME!! Porygon once and that eppy was banned! *kills the TV people*

Metaforte
May 27th, 2006, 02:54 PM
I say Dusparce, Swinub, and Farfetch'd are the most forgotten.

Smarties-chan
May 28th, 2006, 12:10 AM
Yesh, Swinub (and Piloswine, too) need more love ;-;
What about Sandshrew and Tentacool? Once I've caught them, they mainly spend the rest of their time the PC boxes. Poor guys.
The reason why no one trains Sandshrew is because Dugtrio is better than Sandslash in every way, I wub Sandslah, though.
As for Tentacool, I have absolutely no idea why no one uses it, it has above average HP and awesome Speed and Special defense, plus the ability to learn Mirror Coat and Rapid Spin, both extremely useful in competitive battling.

Prince Peasley
May 28th, 2006, 12:20 AM

I don't exactly agree about the Swinub, Most people think hes cute and use him, but he never comes in the anime thr uv got a point. and i agree with DUsparce and Farfetch'd! Poor pokemon... Tentacools left out too i agree and lets not forget Zubat! Everyone HATES him! I do too actually :( He drives me so mad..

Nuke
May 28th, 2006, 03:00 AM
Sableye
Beedrill
Dratini
Whismur & Loudred (But people use Exploud)
Relicanth
Fearow

Metaforte
May 28th, 2006, 08:10 AM
ITentacools left out too i agree and lets not forget Zubat! Everyone HAES him!

I agree when you say hate him but he's definetly not in the category of forgotten pokemon. You always see it in the caves and such in the beggining of the game and evrey other cave after that. I even remember it's annoying little screech. Also as well as Tentacool. No one I ever know hasn't seen at least one tentacool when their in the ocean.

Their evolutions are nice though. Crobat and Tentacruel are used in my teams.

DoubleWide
June 12th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Porygon and Porygon 2!! THEY NEVER COME IN THE ANIME!! Porygon once and that eppy was banned! *kills the TV people*

A Porygon floated across the screen in either the fourth or fifth movie.

~Strawberry Vulpix~
June 13th, 2006, 03:05 AM
It's sad to think that this occurs. But I imagine with so many of them to remember, some are bound to be forgotten. Most of the suggestions seem to be of the intial 'pokedex' of 151. I guess it's because they were introduced to us such a long time ago. There's always 'new' of 'favourites' to think of. It's werid to see the hype for those that had a minimal following disintigrate completely. I feel sorry for the likes of Jumpluff and Kakuna. I hopeone day they get their limelight back.

Spencer
June 13th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Well, most of the forgotten pokemon are the early evolutions and the ones from Gold, Silver and Crystal. Mostly because they don't learn really good moves. But here are the ones I think are most forgotten.

Ariados, Marill and evos, Caterpie and evos, Weedle with evos, Chimecho (mainly too hard to catch), Girafarig, Gligar, Oddish and evos and a bunch more.

~Strawberry Vulpix~
June 13th, 2006, 08:31 AM
Well, most of the forgotten pokemon are the early evolutions and the ones from Gold, Silver and Crystal. Mostly because they don't learn really good moves. But here are the ones I think are most forgotten.

Ariados, Marill and evos, Caterpie and evos, Weedle with evos, Chimecho (mainly too hard to catch), Girafarig, Gligar, Oddish and evos and a bunch more.

I agree with the generalisation, but butterfree is still a fairly popular pokemon. Girafarig too.

Natsuki
June 13th, 2006, 02:01 PM
I think the anime plays a large part in the popularity of most Pokemon. A Pokemon that appears more often in different episodes of the anime is more likely to be popular amongst fans of Pokemon. That's just my guess. XP

Drowzee comes to mind for me as well. In my old Silver version I would rarely catch a Drowzee, though I never thought why, it's a perfectly good fighter and with Hypnosis and Confusion - what's not to like? o_o; It could also be its appearance...I mean it's not exactly the best looking Pokemon. XD;

Tangela is rather ignored as well. The poor little ball of vines, I feel kind of bad for it~ ;; I can only think of a few times where Tangela was seen in the episodes, but it was only as a minor character and not the main Pokemon for that particular eppie. o.o

It seems like a waste to have hundreds of Pokemon characters and like half of them go unnoticed, meh~

~Kelsey

enyce
June 13th, 2006, 03:30 PM
The last time I seen Tangela was when Erika used it. In a gym battle.

♥Naomi♥
June 13th, 2006, 07:00 PM
i think people dont really remember meganium anymore,i love meganium!its my trusted partner in crystal vesion!its lvl 100!

Gyardosamped
June 13th, 2006, 07:56 PM
I have not forgottem these wonderful Pokemon, funny thing is im playing Pokemon Silver now xD

Rioku_Zanketa
June 13th, 2006, 08:48 PM
meh,I don't think it's that people forget them,but more like people don't care for them...catch my drift?...

Gyardosamped
June 13th, 2006, 08:53 PM
meh,I don't think it's that people forget them,but more like people don't care for them...catch my drift?...
Kind of true because since like R/S/E and FR/LF came out people have gotten into those Pokemon and have left S/G/C pokemon outta the way. I still like S/G/C so I play them and like I said in my other post I am playing silver now... well I did like a little while ago cause I am posting on these forums..

Green Bulbasaur
June 13th, 2006, 08:55 PM
I love Tentacool and Tentacruel. They have great attack, great defense, and plus they're Water/Poison.

Surf, Ice Beam, Blizzard and Sludge Bomb. Don't tell me that's not a good move list.

~Strawberry Vulpix~
June 14th, 2006, 12:25 AM
I don't think it's a point of 'not caring' about them. I think the majority of people over look them. I agree, the anime does play a part in the popularity of certain pokemon. If team rocket or Ash and the gang have a particular pokemon, it does tend to get more notice. Saying that Lickitung still is relatively unpopular. Yet Pokemon like Jynx, because of the uproar someone caused about it's appearance, the guys at HQ want us to forget it. u.u It's so sad u.u

FaNtEcH
June 14th, 2006, 01:32 AM
i think nosepass is a forgotten pokemon

Aegis
June 14th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Raichu, Zangoose, Shuckle, Paras, Parasect, Spearow, Shelder, Cloyster, those are the ones I always consider "Forgotten", but thats just me.

Tha Pkmn Prodigy
June 15th, 2006, 11:28 AM
i think ariados and qwilfish need more love

miyo
June 16th, 2006, 10:12 PM
volbeat comes to mind if you were refering to the forgottens.. hahas. actually, I feel that many more a forgotten.. not just the few that comes to our minds at this instance..

Tina
June 17th, 2006, 04:04 AM
What about Dodrio?!

It is by far one of the best common bird pokemon. I use it all the time.

InKVit
June 17th, 2006, 04:35 AM
Tangela, ignored but i personally think it owns and always in any squad i make
Nosepass is another
Same for Dunsparce.