PDA

View Full Version : PowerofPikachu's grandfather.....crucial to read

Nina-Chan
May 26th, 2006, 01:05 PM
I am Her best friend, nina. i must inform you all that her grandfather died on may ninth.she would of told you , but you banned her till november! he is now in heaven. he dies of a rare cancer disease called Multiple Myeloma. thats when it causes small tumors in you blood marrow and eats away at it. it has no known cure.

Zelos
May 26th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Oh...that's terrible. I promised her that I would pray for him...

Hmm, was her grandfather a Christian?

Himawarii
May 26th, 2006, 01:52 PM
How unfortunate ;_; To lose such an special someone with no way to prevent it >_<;

So sorry to hear this happened ;_; tell her that I'm truly sorry and hope she feels better soon..

Zone
May 26th, 2006, 02:45 PM
How do you know he's in heaven? What if he was evil throughout his life? Or maybe he's not a Christian. Perhaps he was a Buddhist, so believes that he was going to be reincarnated.

Shikon no Tama
May 26th, 2006, 03:52 PM
OMG. That is so terrible. ;______; I know how it feels to have a grandparent die, and it's quite a horrible thing. I'm so sorry to hear this. ;;

Allstories
May 26th, 2006, 03:54 PM
How do you know he's in heaven? What if he was evil throughout his life? Or maybe he's not a Christian. Perhaps he was a Buddhist, so believes that he was going to be reincarnated.

Yeah, yeah. It's always fun to be pessimistic and cynical when people are grieving, but please, just stop it.

Amy-chan
May 26th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Aww...I'm so sorry to hear that...I don't know what to say... *sighs*

Please give Ms. PowerofPikachu my sympathy....

Zone
May 26th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Yeah, yeah. It's always fun to be pessimistic and cynical when people are grieving, but please, just stop it.

I suppose.

My cousin's grandfather died of cancer as well, last week. I think it was either some kind of lung or heart cancer.

Persona
May 26th, 2006, 04:20 PM
I remember her and when she talked about her grandfather in the hospital. Its a shame that he died.

Zone- Even "evil" people learn from their lessons and try to be kind. Its not like he was some devil who hated everyone and his family. Now, let's not go overboard.

And, whatever religion they believe in doesn't mean we judge them about it. Respect what they believe in, don't make it sound like if they're not Christians, they can't enter Heaven.

Zone
May 26th, 2006, 04:24 PM
I remember her and when she talked about her grandfather in the hospital. Its a shame that he died.

Zone- Even "evil" people learn from their lessons and try to be kind. Its not like he was some devil who hated everyone and his family. Now, let's not go overboard.

And, whatever religion they believe in doesn't mean we judge them about it. Respect what they believe in, don't make it sound like if they're not Christians, they can't enter Heaven.

I was saying non-Christians didn't enter heaven, but did what ever they thought they would do after death, as I mentioned if he was a Buddhist, he probably wished to be reincarnated. Your post is saying that Heaven is the only afterlife.

Chikara
May 26th, 2006, 05:41 PM
^Dont fight people! >_<

Ah, me being agnostic, I dont pray...at all...But I hate hearing about people dieing from uncurable desieses...

Zone
May 26th, 2006, 05:55 PM
^Dont fight people! >_<

Ah, me being agnostic, I dont pray...at all...But I hate hearing about people dieing from uncurable desieses...

I don't pray either, seeing as I'm an atheist. I don't really feel anything when I hear of people dying of incurable diseases because things like this happen all the time, and people are working on cures, so you have to accept it and live with it for now. If I knew the person, such as my cousin's grandfather that I mentioned earlier, I'd feel kind of weird, but only because of the feeling that you'll never be seeing someone you've met multiple times before again.

Drew
May 26th, 2006, 07:22 PM
PowerofPikachu.... I remember her. Why was she banned? x__x

Anyhoo, I'm really sorry to hear that... I don't know how she feels because the only grandparents I've lost were ones that I wasn't very close to... but I feel for her. Its horrible that things like that have to happen...

T-T

Zone
May 27th, 2006, 03:46 AM
PowerofPikachu.... I remember her. Why was she banned? x__x

Anyhoo, I'm really sorry to hear that... I don't know how she feels because the only grandparents I've lost were ones that I wasn't very close to... but I feel for her. Its horrible that things like that have to happen...

T-T

From what I've made out by looking at her posting history, she was banned for being a giant n00b. All she ever did was make topics in Other Chat that should've been discussed in DCC.

wakachamo
May 27th, 2006, 06:46 AM
Alright Zone, if her grandfather was still alive, I think he'd be pretty much upset if you were only talking about his religion and saying bad stuff about her granddaughter.

Tell powerofpikachu that I feel really sorry for her grandfather. X.X
I also know how it feels to lose someone like that.

bna_li
May 27th, 2006, 09:30 AM
From what I've made out by looking at her posting history, she was banned for being a giant n00b. All she ever did was make topics in Other Chat that should've been discussed in DCC.
Thank you for making everyone so happy.

Sorry to hear that. Even though I didn't know her personally, tell her I feel for her.

Memory
May 27th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Ahh. I know her. Tell her I'm sorry, really sorry that that happened ;__;! I know how it feels to lose someone close... most everyone does... but everyone dies sooner or later... tell her I'm sorry... it's so hard to go through something like that... ._.

Nina-Chan
May 28th, 2006, 08:24 AM
No, I think she was banned for making two threads that were the same by accident because she thought she had only made one. T-T

Her grandma is really depressed now. I saw her yesterday. :(

Zone
May 28th, 2006, 08:31 AM
No, I think she was banned for making two threads that were the same by accident because she thought she had only made one. T-T

Her grandma is really depressed now. I saw her yesterday. :(

No, she wasn't. She made at least 5 topics that were about incredibly minor things and should've been in DCC. Making the same thread twice accidentally won't get you banned for almost a year.

And her grandma should get over her depression soon, unless she has clyinical depression. But that disease seems bad, seeing as it's a type of cancer.

Nina-Chan
May 28th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Hmm... perhaps I should ban her from my popcicle stash, too. Naughty naughty!

I personally don't do the whole "god/christian" thing either, but it is still a nice thought that you will go somewhere nice when you die. And, it is reassuring to the person's loved ones to know he/she is comfortable in a place where he will be happy. It's about what you WANT to think, not what is the truth.

Steph said: Stop saying mean things about my grandpa. Oh, and it's my birthday on monday: Mamorial day in U.S.

By the by, (newbie question coming from a newbie girl: me) could someone please tell me what DCC is?

Zone
May 28th, 2006, 01:47 PM
I personally don't do the whole "god/christian" thing either, but it is still a nice thought that you will go somewhere nice when you die. And, it is reassuring to the person's loved ones to know he/she is comfortable in a place where he will be happy. It's about what you WANT to think, not what is the truth.

By the by, (newbie question coming from a newbie girl: me) could someone please tell me what DCC is?

The thought that you go to a nice place when you die was created to rid the fear of death, which sprouted into religion. People didn't like the thought that they would lose everything and go away forever, so the created the afterlife.

And DCC is Daily Chit Chat.

Nina-Chan
May 29th, 2006, 04:07 AM
Yeah. That works with what I learn in Social Studies... O.o

Thanks. I will tell her.

bna_li
May 29th, 2006, 06:37 AM
The thought that you go to a nice place when you die was created to rid the fear of death, which sprouted into religion. People didn't like the thought that they would lose everything and go away forever, so the created the afterlife.

And DCC is Daily Chit Chat.
I thought I was the only one who comes here with a bad mood most of the time. Check out this guy. Why you always so pissed off? Not getting any?

DarkGreg
May 29th, 2006, 07:20 AM
Sorry to hear that, tell her that I hope she feels better soon

Emma
May 29th, 2006, 07:23 AM
I remember posting in that thread she made about her grandfather and his illness D: R.I.P

DarkGreg
May 29th, 2006, 07:28 AM
I remember that thread and I remember my post in it too

Drummershuff
June 2nd, 2006, 04:38 AM
Oh, that's so sad to read.

I'm sorry that I couldn't pay my respects earlier. Hope he's in heven now.. rest in peace...

Nina-Chan
October 1st, 2006, 07:01 AM
Hello, everyone. Here is a simple update on how everyone in that family is doing, for all you friends of Powerofpikachu (our dear little Stephanie).

Stephanie, and some of her other friends went on a walk for cancer thing last week, in memory of her grandfather. I would have gone, but I was busy.

Her grandmother is doing much, much better. I have gone swimming over her grandmothers house many a time over the summer, and she is getting more and more cheerful as time goes by.

Stephanie still misses her grandfather, but she has me and her friends at school, and you guys to comfort her. She is also very cheerful now.

P.S., Stephanie will get off banning some time in november, possably the 6th. She hopes to see you all then~

Nina-Chan and Powerofpikachu (Nina & Steph)

*~Ashley~*
October 1st, 2006, 07:04 AM
I'm really sorry, but this thread is over a month old. And since we do have a one-month revival rule, this needs to be locked. ._.

*closed*