View Full Version : New pokedex in progress. Sprites added daily.
May 27th, 2006, 06:56 AM
Those little gray areas will fill up eventually.... Ok, so I haven't done much work since the last time I was here, but I'm back, and I intend to finish this!! So... hmm... basic notes. Ah yes, the pokemon in my fakedex may be of three all-new types: Light, Crystal and Wind. These were made back when I was brainstorming for Treasures. Sadly, back in those days I had no spriting talents... Now I attempt to realize a dream.
May 27th, 2006, 12:05 PM
The website you linked to doesn't seem to work.
May 27th, 2006, 05:03 PM
The link doesn't work can you put the IMG code up there.
May 28th, 2006, 03:45 AM
Okie dokie, it should work now.
May 28th, 2006, 11:36 AM
I see....a huge white space...unless its just me...
May 28th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Okay Now I see them. But why did you leave alot of empty space though. I like the coloring and the shading job. And also your creativity. The ones that I liked the most was the Espeon/Meganium mix and the blue flareon.
May 28th, 2006, 08:09 PM
The spaces will be filled, don't worry. I'm about to post some changes to the already posted pokemon as well as start a few new ones. Hm... I should probably post the names...
EDIT: Posted new Arctox. Off to work on a new legendary..
May 28th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Sorry but I see the first ones not the new one that you just made.
May 28th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Okay, now it shows but...that little white cat...i'm sure thats from Pokemon Quartz, yes it is from that Hack.
May 28th, 2006, 09:30 PM
The little cat? Ocileaf? Well, if it is they ripped it from me. Please direct me to them. If you don't believe that I made it I can post the steps it took to make it. You can also see that I posted it a looooong time ago:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=44767&highlight=kryos
That rather pisses me off..
In other news, new pokemon! I said new legendary before, but I lied. Just a simple evolved pokemon I've wanted to sprite for a while now. Be sure to check back often, pokemon are constantly being added and refined.
June 3rd, 2006, 03:44 AM
Here is Pokémon Quartz, if you're still looking for it: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=64133
I can't verify if they're really using your sprite, though.
Now... I'll take them all in order, left to right, top to bottom, and give some quick crits:
1. Looks very cute, but the shading is giving me the impression that it has a really twisted body, with its arms at a completely different angle from the legs. o_O Also, there seem to be some random black pixels at the top of the head.
2. Very nice and cute.
3. Good too.
4. The head seems a bit too big for the body - I know it's supposed to be big, but it just seems odd. Also, the side of its face looks a little pointed.
5. Might want to make the tail more in the style of the wispy parts on the paws and ears... right now it stands out a bit oddly.
6. I really like this one - just don't ever use monocolor outlines. Give some shading to the outlines on the white parts and re-shade the head - at the moment the head shading looks wrong.
7. Too Meganium-like... You could have at least given the petals around the neck a different pattern. Also add some outline shading to the tail bud.
8. The shading on this one is too light. You need to use some darker shades on it. Also watch out for mismatched light sources...
9. Ooh, that thing is really cute. Use darker shading on the outline on the bottom of the chin, though, and give the head some highlighting.
10. I like this one too, but give the outlines some lighter shading on the belly.
11. The form could really have a smoother shape. Also, the head is very strangely shaded.
12. Again, smoothen the form. Give the body some highlighting.
13. Smoothen shape and add more highlighting to the outlines.
14. This one is really well done. I don't really have anything to say about it. Well, except that the fin behind it looks a lot different from the other fin in position and shape.
15. Good, but give it more sensible outline shading. The outlines on the legs are shaded lighter than those on the head, which really doesn't make sense. The shading on this one is also a bit too light.
16. Okay, this thing is just strange. But yet again, try to shade the outlines more sensibly and give it some highlighting.
Overall, they're pretty nice but there is room for improvement, especially on the outlining. Remember, you're shading the outlines, not just adding lighter parts to them in random places.
June 3rd, 2006, 03:54 AM
Thank you soo much! I really appreciate useful critiques, they're pretty rare. But yeah, I've always had trouble with my shading. As I add new sprites, I'll pay close attention to your critiques and update the present ones.