PDA

View Full Version : Pikachu

Nuke
May 28th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Do you like it or not?
I dislike it mainly cos of its popularity.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
May 28th, 2006, 12:37 PM
How can you say that about Pikachu? its so cute and no I don't and never hated it and never will.
YAH!!!!!!!!!! 2500 POST *CELEBRATES WITH DONUTS*

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Emma
May 28th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Whee, donuts XD Anyway, It's okay, but as you said lots of people like it since it's a very popular pokemon. I used to go crazy over it though X_X

Umasd
May 28th, 2006, 12:45 PM
I despise him, as the thread starter said, mainly because of his popularity, but also after seeing him countless of times on the TV, posters etc.. as though he represents Pokemon, when tbh he isn't that good.

JX Valentine
May 28th, 2006, 12:46 PM
I don't like it or hate it. There's been worse Pokemon created (TOGEPI.), but I don't entirely find it cute or something I'd rush off to catch right away (unless I wanted a Raichu badly enough). I will say, though, that I do find 00berchu in the anime to be just slightly annoying for the sole reason that it's defied the laws of the game for no apparent reason other than to favor Ash. ("AIM FOR THE HORN!")

Nuke
May 28th, 2006, 12:49 PM
One of the few reasons I like it a tiny bit is that evolves into a very cool pokemon,Raichu.

Yoko-Chan
May 28th, 2006, 01:00 PM
pikachu is cute^^
i vote for ok i think..

Natsuki
May 28th, 2006, 02:25 PM
I love Pikachu! :O It's one of my top faves as a matter of fact. ^^; I've always liked Pikachu ever since I learned about Pokemon, it's popularity doesn't affect me. Afterall, if it wasn't Pikachu, then the idolized trademark of Pokemon would just be a different one...and everyone would probably hate that one too. XD

~Kelsey

Chiru
May 28th, 2006, 02:47 PM
I don't really care about it that much. It's not the first Pokemon I'd choose though. I like Raichu better.

Katsu Koneko
May 28th, 2006, 02:54 PM
I love Pikachu~ People think I'm weird for liking it, but who cares. I loooove Pikachu! xD ^^;;

I have about 4 plushies and one Pika pillow.

Sylphiel
May 28th, 2006, 02:59 PM
I'm not that fond of it as a character in the show due to some of the impossible things it's managed to do. But considering I don't pay much attention to the anime anyways...

Overall, I think it's a decent pokemon. It's not one of my favorites, but I find it to be rather cute anyways - especially when compared to some other pokemon. I will say I somewhat prefer its older design (the pudgy little thing seen in first-gen game sprites, etc) over the one it has now...not sure why, it's just personal preference there.

[Technya]
May 28th, 2006, 03:05 PM
I don't hate it but it's not a favorite character of mine. I mostly despise the huge amount of attention it gets and how it can do impossible things like Cowrie said.

The Fallen
May 28th, 2006, 03:36 PM
He bothers me at times. It's when he battles it bothers me the most. Sometimes he beats some really strong pokemon, Dragonite for instance, and then other times he struggles with weak pokemon. It doesn't add up all the time, even if you bring the level thing into play.

Jude Mathis
May 28th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Pikachu has always been my favorite Pokemon. Its what made me interested in Pokemon in the first place, and it means alot to me because of that. -^^-
Its been my favorite for almost 9 years, and that won't change anytime real soon.

I love Pikachu~ People think I'm weird for liking it, but who cares. I loooove Pikachu! xD ^^;;

I have about 4 plushies and one Pika pillow.

XD Same with me! and I have a Pikachu keychain plushie, 3 little figurines, a Pikachu 10th Anniversay Patch and Pin. x3
Oh yes, and a about 11 different Pikachu trading cards... ^^;

Amy-chan
May 28th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Pikachu's my favorite Pokemon. X_X *shot* I'd fallen in love with it BEFORE it became ridiculously overpopular, but now that it is overpopular some of those I know seem to hate me for liking Pikachu, and a few even say they hate Pikachu and think it an ugly, annoying little rat... >_>; I was rather childish and naive when I first loved it, I guess, but I still do...I guess it's become symbolic of my good memories from when I was small.

Houndour2004
May 29th, 2006, 12:47 AM
I love Pikachu, he's one of my favorites!

Astinus
May 29th, 2006, 12:53 AM
Pikachu is a great Pokémon! At least up in my top ten favorites. I believe that I pwn you all in amount of Pikachu products, though. I mean, do you have Pikachu bedsheets?

Anyways, I love Pikachu. I always like what I like and I always will. I won't start to hate something just because the other people look down on me for it. I love Pikachu. I don't care if it's popular, or if it's a little kid favorite, or if it's uber in the show. I like it, adn dang it, that's all that matters.

Smarties-chan
May 29th, 2006, 03:04 AM
I don't hate it, but I can't say I like it much either. I used to love it in the anime when it still had an attitude (especialy in the first episode when it's watching Ash's desperate attempts to catch a Pidgey =P) and when it still looked cute.
It used to be a chubby, cute little rat, but now it just looks ugly and is just a brainless drone that does whatever Ash tells it to do >D
I don't like it or hate it. There's been worse Pokemon created (TOGEPI.), but I don't entirely find it cute or something I'd rush off to catch right away (unless I wanted a Raichu badly enough). I will say, though, that I do find 00berchu in the anime to be just slightly annoying for the sole reason that it's defied the laws of the game for no apparent reason other than to favor Ash. ("AIM FOR THE HORN!")
Aim for the horn? O_O You stole my line, I have always wondered why a Thunderbolt in Rhydon's horn would take it down.

Drifblim
May 29th, 2006, 03:14 AM
I like it, but it's started to become an unnecessary default symbol for Pokémon. I would have preferred Skitty as a symbol when Ruby and Sapphire came out.

enyce
May 29th, 2006, 08:50 AM
I dont like the anime Pikachu, it gets on my nerves. Its just not your ordinary pikachu....Its like the mary sue of the anime

But the pikachu in the manga is awesome. When pikachu beat Onyx it did make logical since. Like when Pikachu used thunderbolt and aimed in side onyx mouth. That makes since

Your body maybe rock hard. But your internal organs arent. ;)

Jorah
May 29th, 2006, 01:50 PM
I think Pikachu is OK, but in the anime, when it wins against things it so obviously wouldn't normally...that's when it gets annoying. I was watching an episode from the Orange leagues the other day, and it won against a Dragonite. Yet in the indigo series in pokemon league, it lost against a Bellsprout by getting kicked in the head...

Skitty101
May 29th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Who doesn't like Pikachu? :chu:
It's so cute!
Especially in the yellow version!

Axєl
May 29th, 2006, 06:35 PM
x3
I love the Yellow version!
Its so adorable when you're fishing with it, and it pops its head out from under the bucket! -^^- I love that...

Skitty101
May 29th, 2006, 06:39 PM
x3
Its so adorable when you're fishing with it, and it pops its head out from under the bucket! -^^- I love that...
Huh? I don't remember that in yellow version.

Axєl
May 29th, 2006, 06:41 PM
It happens. You go fishing a few times, and then talk to Pikachu. It should pop its head out from under a bucket. x3

enyce
May 29th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Who doesn't like Pikachu? :chu:
It's so cute!
Especially in the yellow version!

Pikachus sprite looks nice

but when you battle with it, On the bottom it looks pixelated and deformed

miyo
June 17th, 2006, 06:35 AM
awwww... Pikachu has gotta be the cutest character of them all in the show.. I can't understand why people would dislike it.. sighs. No offense to those who didn't like it

Sammi
June 17th, 2006, 06:53 AM
I like Pikachu! ^______^ It's so cute! <3 It's also a decent battler.
I have it on my Livejournal layout. I was thinking about changing it, but I didn't know what of. Maybe I can do another Pikachu one. XD;

I can see why people can hate it -- it's EVERYWHERE. Some people must get tired of it after 10 years. o_o;

~Rene~
June 17th, 2006, 06:58 AM
I liked Pikachu too. Because it's my 1st favourite Electric Pokemon.

Aegis
June 17th, 2006, 08:39 AM
I love Pikachu ^^, it was my favorite pokemon when I first started liking pokemon, and its still one of my favorites ^^

Blaze Dragon
June 17th, 2006, 09:16 AM
I don´t like it because is overrated, but I don´t hate it because is quite useful in SSB/SSBM/FR. So is OK

Saint of Swords
June 17th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Its overrated in the show..i mean I saw it take out rock pokémon with its thunderstrike X_X

But I find the game Pikachu to be a fairly decent pokémon.
It has nice electric attacks and good speed.
Ofcourse to keep up you have to evolve it into Raichu.

Absent
June 17th, 2006, 12:05 PM
To be honest, I don't hate Pikachu AT ALL.

In fact, there's something about it that makes me want to run up to it and hug it. ^-^ Yeah, yeah, I know that it's kind of wierd coming from a teenage guy or whatever you may think.

-.-" Don't judge me.

TheMarioSpoon
June 18th, 2006, 08:10 AM
I dont really like him he is so weak in the games

Kraka-chan
June 18th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Besides Pokemon battles, I like Pikachu because he's a cute, charming character.
I also like using him in Super Smash Bros. Melee (the fighting game with all the Nintendo Characters).

Pikachu is the only Pokemon my parents seem to know. That just goes to show how popular he is compared to the other Pokemon.

Jeremy
June 18th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Pikachu is the cutest Pokémon in the show! X3 I <3 Pikachu! Also Pikachu was the reason I started watching Pokémon back than and now. XD In the games, I always have a Pikachu in my party. Also in Super Smash Bros. and SSBM, Pikachu is a great fighter. Pikachu seems to be the most popular Pokémon of them all.

I personally don't understand why some people don't like Pikachu.

pikachu007
June 18th, 2006, 11:48 AM
I love pikachu I like think he's one of best pokemon best there is. In fact pikachu was the first pokemon I've ever saw. In every game I have there's a pikachu/raichu on my team.
Ithink pikachu is cute,brave & charming character if pokemon was real pikachu would be the first pokemon I would want.

DragonMaster Azyo
June 18th, 2006, 11:56 AM
I dont hate or love Pikachu, so I guess its ok....

Jude Mathis
June 18th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Pikachu is the cutest Pokémon in the show! X3 I <3 Pikachu! Also Pikachu was the reason I started watching Pokémon back than and now. XD In the games, I always have a Pikachu in my party. Also in Super Smash Bros. and SSBM, Pikachu is a great fighter. Pikachu seems to be the most popular Pokémon of them all.

I personally don't understand why some people don't like Pikachu.

XD Gee... I would post some more of my own opinions about Pika...
but read his... its pretty much the same. XD
I always have a Pikachu or Raichu in my party as well. <3
And I use it most of the time in SuperSmash Bros Melee.
...Also.... I have about 10 Pikachu plushies/figures/items in my room.

Its always been my favorite Pokemon.

Orange_Flaaffy
June 18th, 2006, 12:36 PM
I like him! If it was'nt for Pikachu and Rapidash I would not have started playing pokemon or watching the anime :3

DragonMaster Azyo
June 18th, 2006, 01:51 PM
I like him! If it was'nt for Pikachu and Rapidash I would not have started playing pokemon or watching the anime :3

So if pikachu and rapidash never existed, you would have never liked the show or played the games?

kiarou
June 20th, 2006, 10:41 AM
i hate pikachuand pichu, raichus way better

Green Bulbasaur
June 20th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Pikachu's OKAY. I don't hate the thing, but I don't like him that much either.

At first, I liked him alot, but then when I realized how weak Pikachu and Raichu are, then noticed more powerful elecrtic Pokemon, I began to not like him that much anymore.

Exokriz
June 21st, 2006, 06:24 PM
Pikachu is okay, but as soon as I level Pikachu to level 50, I make a V-line to Celadon and buy me a Thunderstone. RAICHU IS THE BOMB!!

Bekki
June 22nd, 2006, 06:38 AM
I do like Pikachu but the hype that it is getting is a bit to much for me. To me I perfer Mew and Charizard. (Couldn't find any smilies of them ;(.

ArKiVe
June 22nd, 2006, 07:08 AM
Pikachu owns. It's one of the few pokemon I like.

Speed Racer
June 22nd, 2006, 07:17 AM
I think Pikachu is an okay pokemon because in the Yellow game it's not really good and I think it's a little girlish because lots of girls like it.

Invader Pichu
June 22nd, 2006, 05:57 PM
Pichu is better.

And disliking something JUST because of it's popularity is really gh3y.

Nyaasu
June 23rd, 2006, 01:23 PM
Pikachu Rocks!

I really love that red cheek cutie-pie~

Tyranita
June 24th, 2006, 11:13 PM
i dislike pikachu because of the fact its the poster pokemon for pokemon and i find ignorant people who see pikachu will judge pokemon based on this one thing. Maybe if they showed a more cool pokemon like tyranitar or i dunno charizard maybe people will accept it more for some reason. Also just to make it clear this is just based in the area where i live, attitudes might be different else where.

Eipru
June 27th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Pikachu is cool, but it's overrated. Raichu is 4,000x better.

fallen_natsumixx
June 27th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Meh, I really don't care about Pikachu (It lost its cuteness in Johto and is kinda ugly in Hoenn. It was so adorable in Yellow Version and Kanto.) now, I don't hate it but I don't love it either.

But it WAS the most cutest thing in Yellow version when it popped its head out from under a bucket like ~Ahiru~ said.

kitsune_boy389
July 2nd, 2006, 03:26 AM
I like pikachu. He was my very first PKMN card.

Lathspell
July 2nd, 2006, 04:27 AM
I pretty much like it. Not because it's cute or anything, I like what it can do in battle. And I mean in a real battle, not killing Rhydon with it...Give it a Light Ball and watch it do what Kyogre does. Fast and deadly. It won me a couple of battles on NB. It wasted a Metagross, a Gengar and I can't remember the last pokemon. But it won the game :D

peterchen
July 2nd, 2006, 04:05 PM
love it, sure who can not love it