PDA

View Full Version : Moves that look good on the show, but suck in the games

enyce
May 29th, 2006, 06:30 AM
All I could think of is fire spin....I saw two episodes where fire spin looked cool. When Blaines Ninetales used it. Then when Ash's Charmander beat Koga with it. Then I used it in the game when I had Ninetales. It was one of the crappiest moves ever.

Smarties-chan
May 29th, 2006, 07:30 AM
Actually... Fire Spin can be quite useful on Ninetales for example. Will-o-Wisp, Confuse Ray and Fire Spin is a pretty darn annoying combo for the opponent, it only works in competitive battling, though.

Let's see... Hyper Beam for starters, but Water Gun, Rollout and Vine Whip are also overpowered in the show (come on, Water Gun seems to have as much power as Hydro Pump -_-). Ash's Bulbasaur and Chikorita both kicked butt with Vine Whip, but it really sucks in the games.
Needless to say why Rollout is on the list... seriously, I remember the Phanphy from ''Spell of the Unown'' that beat Onix with one hit from Rollout, Ash also haxorizes people with Donphan's/Phanphy's Rollout.

There are much more, too...

Drew
May 29th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Yes! Water Gun....Ash and May tell their Squirtles to use it, and its this big, awesome, blast of water.... in the games.....nah... its just a few little water drops that splash on your opponent, because GameFreak wants to point out the fact that its suppose to be a weaker attack.... ><;; Psh...

Chesters_love
May 29th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Yes! Water Gun....Ash and May tell their Squirtles to use it, and its this big, awesome, blast of water.... in the games.....nah... its just a few little water drops that splash on your opponent, because GameFreak wants to point out the fact that its suppose to be a weaker attack.... ><;; Psh...
i know and ember cyndaquil uses it BIG blast of fire,in the game,poof 1 damage thats amazing!!NOT!!:laugh:

The Fallen
May 29th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Bubble looks pretty cool. In the game it's all slow and soft looking.

enyce
May 30th, 2006, 02:25 AM
Also, when the pokemon use tackle. It PWNS like its a body slam. I never got that

Harley+
May 30th, 2006, 03:00 AM
Twister i recently saw wen ash get the rain badge (~_~)it looks cool beating ashes swellow and something else but in the game it has only 40power:(

Demonta
May 30th, 2006, 03:20 AM
well all moves in the episodes are sort of powerful, gamefreak can't make a game with every move being hugely powerful can they?

Axєl
May 30th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Exactly....
It would make the stronger attacks look weaker, if they all looked really powerful...

Squeegee Beckenheim
June 2nd, 2006, 03:49 AM
Dragon Rage is one of the ones I think they overpower and make look cool. In the episode when Jame's Magikarp evolved back when the S.S. Anne sank, they made Dragon Rage seem like the most powerful attack ever.

Nuke
June 2nd, 2006, 03:52 AM
Dragon Rage is one of the ones I think they overpower and make look cool. In the episode when Jame's Magikarp evolved back when the S.S. Anne sank, they made Dragon Rage seem like the most powerful attack ever.
Yeah I was gonna say that.

Drifblim
June 2nd, 2006, 04:01 AM
Thundershock.

Have you ever noticed that the popular tagline for Ash's Pikachu attacking is 'Thundershock NOW!'? Well, it's not the best in the industry, mate. Although it can paralyse, there's credit due for that.

Aegis
June 2nd, 2006, 06:46 AM
Someone said this but Dragon Rage, like battle aboard the saint anne. Also, water gun! My god that looks pretty cool in the show but in the games its horrible. Also moves like petal dance and silver wind aren't that good. I think silver wind should do more then 60 damage ><

Prince Peasley
June 2nd, 2006, 06:51 AM
Actually... Fire Spin can be quite useful on Ninetales for example. Will-o-Wisp, Confuse Ray and Fire Spin is a pretty darn annoying combo for the opponent, it only works in competitive battling, though.

Let's see... Hyper Beam for starters, but Water Gun, Rollout and Vine Whip are also overpowered in the show (come on, Water Gun seems to have as much power as Hydro Pump -_-). Ash's Bulbasaur and Chikorita both kicked butt with Vine Whip, but it really sucks in the games.
Needless to say why Rollout is on the list... seriously, I remember the Phanphy from ''Spell of the Unown'' that beat Onix with one hit from Rollout, Ash also haxorizes people with Donphan's/Phanphy's Rollout.

There are much more, too...

Yeah ur completly right -_- But that thing about the Phanphy is that that was some strange modified phanphy XD

enyce
June 2nd, 2006, 06:22 PM
Thundershock.

Have you ever noticed that the popular tagline for Ash's Pikachu attacking is 'Thundershock NOW!'? Well, it's not the best in the industry, mate. Although it can paralyse, there's credit due for that.

Rememeber when Pikachu destroyed the whole pokemon center with thunder shock??? In the episode where they went to viridian city for the first time.

Who could forget when Caterpies string shot completely tied up It was either Jessie or some random pokemon.

Plus when Confusion sent back Pikachus thunder bolt. In the episode ash challenged sabrina.

Oh that Dragon Rage thing. How could it do all that, but only 40 damage in the game. Dragons had no STAB moves back in RBY days, I thought it should of had like 100 base power or somethin.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 4th, 2006, 05:27 AM
The Physical attacks all of them suck in the game, well except for Sesmic toss.

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Natsuki
June 4th, 2006, 02:08 PM
I agree on the Fire Spin thing. It does look cool on the show, but in the games it does like minimal damage and takes forever to power up. x__X [/nerdiness]

Umm, well Water Gun looks pretty cool on the show too, but it looks more like a "Little Drops of Water" attack in the games. XD I think think String Shot is over exaggerated on the show. It's not fair that we can't wrap up our opponents into big balls of string in the games like they do on the show~ ;;

~Kelsey

Tha Pkmn Prodigy
June 4th, 2006, 02:15 PM
how about the move rapid spin? it looks realy good but it hardly does damage

Metaforte
June 6th, 2006, 07:29 AM
Rollout, Hyper BEam, and definetly Fire Spin. They all suck

^Rapid spin does suck in attack power, but can be used to blow away spikes from Skarmory and Forrestress (I think I spelled it wrong) so it's not completly worthless/

Jeremy
June 6th, 2006, 02:34 PM
What are you talking about? Rollout and Hyper Beam are pretty good attacks.

Anyway, the only attack I can think of is String Shot. String Shot in the game lowers their speed, but in the anime, they're imoblized. XD Also quick attack. XD In the show, it looks powerful. In the game, congrats...you attacked first. XD

Tha Pkmn Prodigy
June 6th, 2006, 03:59 PM
and the move bullet seed? when ash's treecko/grovyle/sceptile uses it, it looks like explosive bombs coming out of its mouth....but in the game its only good side is teaching another grass move to a early-stage pkmn.

o yeah...isnt it funny how they never use absorbing moves like absorb, megga/giga drain, and dream eater? i only saw them use dream eater once, but....

Tha Pkmn Prodigy
and the move bullet seed? when ash's treecko/grovyle/sceptile uses it, it looks like explosive bombs coming out of its mouth....but in the game its only good side is teaching another grass move to a early-stage pkmn.

o yeah...isnt it funny how they never use absorbing moves like absorb, megga/giga drain, and dream eater? i only saw them use dream eater once, but....

Tha Pkmn Prodigy

Tha Pkmn Prodigy

Tha Pkmn Prodigy

Tha Pkmn Prodigy

Rioku_Zanketa
June 6th, 2006, 04:25 PM
lol,dude,ya lke,posted five times....:laugh:....any way,..the transform ability,I guess....on the show,ditto can do anything that whatever it copies does,and has equal,....EVERYTHING!but in the game,your stats are the same,and the PP of your moves are like,5-10...15 also,I think....and have you ever seen poke'mon on the show use growl,or lear,or tail whip?....if not,goes to show how much they suck,....

Tha Pkmn Prodigy
June 6th, 2006, 04:36 PM
i know lol it was an accident :(

MasterWGS
June 6th, 2006, 06:40 PM
One thing that bugs me is how Ash's Pikachu seems to beat the crap out of ground types with electric attacks. Remember on the first movie? That trainer at the beginning had a Golem, and Pikachu Tbolted it. It was done for. Unbe-freakin'-lievable. Same with Onix on the first Gym Battle episode. Sure, he was super-charged, but electric attacks have no effect, not little effect.

MUSION
June 7th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Most multi-hitting moves like Fury Attack etc look more powerful on the show than they are in the games. Like when Jigglypuff uses Doubleslap on the Clefairy in one of the earlier episodes, it's totally beating them up, it looks more like Comet Punch!

Aether
July 1st, 2006, 05:51 PM
I think poison sting looks pretty cool on the show. But the games? pa-thetic. (although it does poison my pokemon alot).

kitsune_boy389
July 2nd, 2006, 03:23 AM
Confusion and Psychic look way way better on the show.

miyo
July 2nd, 2006, 04:17 AM
I'd say the attack rage. Rage seemed really powerful when Ash's Charmander used it against Primeape in one of the Kanto episodes. When I realised my Charmander/Charmeleon could learn Rage, I was elated, and thought it would be a really good move.. but ah well, it was a crappy move, and I deleted it very soon

Lathspell
July 2nd, 2006, 04:21 AM
In the first episodes, Ash battled a biker on a bridge. He called up Golem, and Ash his Bulbasaur. Like Jesus Christ, bulbasaur did NOTHING with Vine Whips but Charmander toasted him with either Flamethrower or Fire Spin. THAT DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE!!!
All of pikachu's attacks are exagerated. Remember AIM FOR THE HORN?? That craked me up. Pikachu Thunderbolting a Rhydon...
I think Seismic Toss in exagerated also, in the anime, it looks really cool when Charizard does it, it spins around the planet ( lol ) then tosses the opponent down. Ingame, who in their right mind would teach SToss to Charizard? Also, it works on Blissey and the likes, but imagine Blissey (or Chansey) doing SToss in the anime...wild!!