View Full Version : Gym Leading

May 29th, 2006, 11:58 PM
If you could be a gym leader, what kinda gym would you have, what pokémon would you and it's trainers have, what rules woudl you have, where on the map would you place it, what reward would you give, would the gym have another function (like Celadon City Gym also runs a greenhouse)? Alot of questions, just trying to make conversation

May 30th, 2006, 2:15 AM
My Gym Type Would Be:Water
My Pokemon Would Be:Swampert,Whiscash and Laturn
I Would Have In My Gym: 2 Male Swimmers And 1 Female Swimmer
I Would Have a Double Battle Rule And I Have 2 Potions
It Would Be: Near Seaform Ilands
The Reward I Would Give Is:Water Pulse
Have An Aquarium Of All My Pokemon!!!!!
Yeh Thats It

Phoenix Riley
May 30th, 2006, 2:47 AM
I would be a water gym also
My Pokemon Would Be: Corsola, Squrtle, The new one (witch looks like an otter), Starmie, Azumaril and Gyarados
I Would Have In My Gym: Just Me and Misty *blushes*
I Would Have a 5 on 5 thing and i have 10 - 15 full heals and max potions
It Would Be: Kanto, Hoenn Or Orange Islands or Whirl
The Reward I Would Give Is: The Seatwister Badge and ce Beam
I would have a pool and a an area where my pokmon could swim under peoples feet

June 22nd, 2006, 1:14 PM
I'd be one hard GYM LEADER!!!!!with dragon and Fire types......
my gym would lead straight to me....(I hate puzzles..)with lava surrounding it all..
no other trainers
it would be in the sky,so you'd have to use fly to get to me....
my gym would also be a dragon and fire poke'mon fitness test place (see how long you poke'mon can stay under lava)
Free for all fights
950000 dollars to those who could beat me
my poke'mon would be:Salamence,Gyarados,Dragonite,Blaizican,Ninetails,Arcanine...

Tha Pkmn Prodigy
June 22nd, 2006, 1:29 PM
My Gym Would Be So Tough!!!!

My Gym Type: Dark/Steel
Pokemon: Umbreon, Skarmory, Houndoom, Steelix, Scizor, Sharpedo
Gym Trainers: None
Things In My Gym: Underground Cave Where my steel and dark pokemon can hang out
My Items In Battle: 10 Full restores, 5 Revives, 4 Super Potions
Rewards: My Badge (Chaos Badge) and 89000 dollars to whoever beats me
Place on Map: On a moutain.....in a dark cave

I would RULEEEEE!!!!!

June 22nd, 2006, 1:39 PM
What Type would you use?: Grass

What would your team be?: Sceptile, Shuckle, Arbok, Tropius, Roselia, Sudowoodo

What would be the theme of your gym?: Well, take a look (all materails credit to sppf)http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d68/LunarStar925/MyGym.png

Badge: Leaf Badge

I'd give out the move Sludge bomb...

June 22nd, 2006, 3:00 PM
I'd want to be the leader of a Dark gym, place it somewhere in a cave that's hard to reach.

Haven't thought of the different Pokemon I would have but most definitely include Umbreon, Houndoom on my team.

and if you beat me you get a Shadow Badge and some TM for a Dark move.

Black Ice
June 22nd, 2006, 4:36 PM
Type of gym: Psychic
Pokemon: Alakazam, Espeon, Gardevoir, Metagross
Pokemon Trainers: 6 Psychics, have mix of Metang and Kadabra
Map: In a big forest
Rewards: 36000 credits, TM29 (Psychic)
Other Functions: None

June 22nd, 2006, 5:14 PM
I would probably have a Psychic Gym. It would be in a regular building in a city, for that's where most gyms are.

My Pokemon would be Kirlia, Kadraba, Espeon, Xatu, and Chimecho. They wouldn't be too highly level, considering there are five of them.

For defeating me, trainers would receive the Mind Badge(Has that been done before? XD) and a Psychic TM

My gym would also double as a research facility. xD

(There would be no extra trainers, it would only be me in the gym~)

PokMaster Forever
June 22nd, 2006, 10:31 PM
My Gym type would be: Dragon
My Pokémon would be: Charizard, Kangaskhan, Lapras, Steelix, Lugia and Dragonite
I would have 99 of each and every different items in the game.
It would be located in Dragon City:

The Reward I would give is a TM containing Horn Drill, which can be learnt by every Pokémon that can learn Horn Drill in RBY, Heracross, Spinarak, Ariados, Hitmontop and Cloyster.

Here's a picture of my gym:

June 23rd, 2006, 5:05 AM
I would have a Gym perched atop a mountain. It'd be like a house, but there'd be a cavern in back where'd I'd actually stage the battle. Due to the fact that it'd be hard to reach the place, I probably won't need Gym trainers.

With a Rock and Ice theme....

Piloswine (66): Earthquake, Rock Slide, Blizzard, Endure
Sneasel (68): Faint Attack, Ice Beam, Slash, Swords Dance
Glalie (67): Crunch, Hail, Blizzard, Sheer Cold
Golem (68): Rock Slide, Earthquake, Endure, Substitute
Whiscash (68): Earthquake, Surf, Amnesia, Fissure
Walrein (70): Rest, Sleep Talk, Surf, Ice Beam

Reward would be TM14 (Blizzard), fitting the setting of the Gym from outside.

June 23rd, 2006, 8:23 AM
Type of gym: Dark
Lv38 Absol
Lv35 Murkrow
Lv39 Cacturne
Lv43 Houndoom
Pokemon Trainers: 4 Trainers with mixes of Sharpedo, Nuzleaf, Houndoom, Houndour, Cacnea
Rewards: Tutor one pokemon Beat Up + 3400c

June 23rd, 2006, 6:09 PM
~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

My gym would be built on the tallest, oldest tree in the region, so tall that it’ll be above the clouds.
Type: Bird Pokemon, not just Flying, but Pokemon that are birds
Level equals the level of the trainer’s strongest Pokemon

Swellow @Liechi Berry
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Attack/ 252 Speed
Max Attack and Speed IVs
- Substitute
- Endeavor
- Return
- Aerial Ace

Skarmory @Leftovers
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/ 24 Attack/ 228 Defense
Max HP and Defense IVs
- Drill Peck
- Spikes
- Roar
- Rest

Dodrio @Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
Max Attack and Speed IVs
- Drill Peck
- Return
- Steel Wing
- Quick Attack

Altaria @Leftovers
Nature: Calm
EVs: 132 HP/ 176 Defense/ 200 Sp. Defense
Max Defense and Special Defense IVs
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Claw
- Perish Song
- Rest

Porygon2 @Leftovers
Nature: Modest
EVs: 228 HP / 174 Defense / 108 Sp Attack
Max HP and Special Attack IVs
-Ice Beam
-Thunder Wave

Blaziken @Salac Berry
Nature: Adamant
Max Speed and Attack IVs
-Swords Dance

Prizes: Gale Badge, 40000P, and a Tutor for Drill Peck

June 23rd, 2006, 6:30 PM
I would love to have a gym that's high up in the mountain forests.. the type that I'd choose would be grass ^^ Probably going with a Sceptile, Breloom and a Jumpluff..

- Sceptile because it is fast and pretty strong in its special attack
- Breloom because it has a fighting element and is highest in its attack
- Jumpluff because it is fast, and pretty cute too..

Actually, I love all the pokemon that I chose.. didn't choose them recklessly out of the many many grass pokemon XD

No badge name thought of yet, and the TM I'd reward would probably be a solarbeam or a giga drain.

Yep, that's about it I guess ^^

June 24th, 2006, 1:07 AM

My gym would be built on the tallest, oldest tree in the region, so tall that it’ll be above the clouds.
Type: Bird Pokemon, not just Flying, but Pokemon that are birds
Level equals the level of the trainer’s strongest Pokemon

Aw, you beat me to it. I prefer flying/bird pokemon too. n_n I like the idea of your gym, it sounds quite brilliant.

Hey, it would be nice if you could all edit your posts and add a picture like some of the others. I love your ideas but they're projected so much more easily in my mind when somebody gives a picture.

All your gymleaders sound pretty tough. xD Newbie Trainers wouldn't stand a chance, unless they have one very strong pokemon that has a type advantage. ^^;;

I'm subscribing to this thread- it sounds really cool and I like reading all your ideas. Thank you to SamBee for creating this thread.

June 24th, 2006, 3:22 AM
I would also make a Grass gym. It would probably go something like this:

Average level: 35
Max level: 40
Gym trainers:

1: Bug Trainer Haren
Paras 32
Paras 33
Parasect 35

2: Young Couple Stu and Lucy (Double Battle)
Vileplume L34
Victreebel L34

3. Bird Trainer Paul
Hoppip 31
Skiploom 32
Jumpluff 33
Tropius 33

4. Pokemon Ranger Mike
Tangela 35

5. Picknicker Jilly
Gloom 32
Vileplume 34

6. Picknicker Sally
Gloom 32
Bellossom 34

7. Dragon Trainer Aaron
Grovyle 33
Sceptile 35

8. Pokemon Ranger Neil
Cradily 34

And now, for my Pokemon:

Gym Leader Toothache:
Venusaur 38
Sludge Bomb
Razor Leaf
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed

Ludicolo 38
Rain Dance
Giga Drain
Ice Beam

Shiftry 39
Fake Out
Nature Power
Giga Drain

Jumpluff 39
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed

Sceptile 40
Leaf Blade
Leech Seed

Winners recieve the Forest Badge, the ability to use Dive outside of battle, the ability to manage L70 Pokemon, and the TM for Leech Seed.

June 24th, 2006, 5:24 AM
Meaningly, My gym would be deep underwater in a cave that you have to use Dive to get through to. We would battle in that cave and if you have a water pokemon supposedly we could battle underwater. It would be a six on six battle, there would also be seven trainers you would need to battle before me. Oh, I forgot, I would have a Water/Dark/Steel gym. And my pokemon would be around level 39-46. My gym would also function as an aquarium for all my water pokemon, and a fitness center for every pokemon, where everyone's pokemon can get stronger.

Swimmer Vea (Female)
Level 36 Seel
Level 35 Carvahna

Athlete Dmitri (Male)
Level 34 Pelipper
Level 35 Sealio
Level 32 Wailmer

Psychic Aurora (Female)
Level 35 Mightyena
Level 36 Sharpedo
Level 38 Mawile
Level 34 Carvahna

Tuber Missi (Female)
Level 38 Azumarril
Level 36 Quagsire
Level 37 Lanturn

Hex Maniac Kiwi
Level 39 Shiftry
Level 40 Skarmory
Level 36 Murkrow

Couple Vic & Rose (Double)
Level 38 Mantine
Level 36 Golduck
Level 40 Sharpedo
Level 39 Blastoise

Lass Natalie
Level 41 Skarmory
Level 39 Seadra
Level 42 Dewgong

And then after the Lass there would be a path to me, the gymleader of Shawrun City, get ready for a tough fight!

Leader Sarhra
Level 39 Absol
Level 41 Milotic
Level 44 Walrien
Level 42 Skarmory
Level 43 Umbreon
Level 46 Steelix

The Reward for beating me would be the TM Iron Tail, 39,672 Pokedollars, and the Cubic badge which makes all pokemon obey and raises your pokemons special attack, and also the ability to use Waterfall outside of battle.

Blaze Dragon
June 24th, 2006, 6:37 AM
Well, I would have a fire gym, in a volcano shape. All the battles would be double, so it wasn´t going to be easy. There would be 6 trainers, not only using Fire Pokemon, but Pokemon that could learn Fire moves. Also my gym would be a resistance chamber, where your Pokemon can improve their focus by meditating on the geysers

Cooltrainers Marcos & Rocio
All Pokemon LV30
Granbull (can learn Fire Punch, Sunny Day, Flamethrower, Fire Blast and Overheat)
Clefairy (can learn the same attacks, except Overheat)
Jigglypuff (can learn the same attacks)
Nidorina (can learn Sunny Day)

Fighters Gonzalo & Julian
All Pokemon LV35
Steelix (can learn Sunny Day and Flamethrower)
Rhydon (can learn Fire Punch, Sunny Day, Flamethrower and Fire Blast)
Shiftry (can learn Sunny Day and Nature Power transforms into Overheat in the Gym)
Snorlax (can learn Fire Punch, Sunny Day, Flamethrower and Fire Blast)
Solrock (can learn Fire Spin, Fire Punch, Sunny Day, Flamethrower, Fire Blast and Overheat)

Rich Boy Lucas and Clown Maxi
All Pokemon LV40

Then, the last battle of the gym:

Blazing Leader Matias
All Pokemon LV50
Snorlax (can learn Fire Punch, Sunny Day, Flamethrower and Fire Blast)
Ludicolo (Nature Power=Overheat)

As the battle is on a Lava River (The Pokemon are on rocks) using physical attacks, except if you are Fire or Flying, does damage to your Pokemon. Also, Fire attacks increase its power by 10%. If you win, I would give you a TM with my favourite move, Flamethrower, and 5000 money

July 5th, 2006, 2:01 PM
My gym wouldn't be an official pokemon league gym, more of a gym like the one in Saffron (obviously not Sabrina's). It would be a place perfect for me and my pokemon to train. Workout stuff etc. Other trainers would be able to come and train too with the equipment and things. Trainers would also be able to take battling challenges against me, eg. single battles, double battles, certain type battles and all sorts of 'certain rule battles'. They'd recieve prizes for completing different challenges too.

Espeon Master
July 5th, 2006, 3:06 PM
I'd probably go with a flying type gym located on an island outside Vermillion. The island would be a bird sanctuary as well.
Challanges are single battles, 3 pokemon per trainer, no time limit.
Reward: Breeze badge and Aerial Ace

Pidgeot- male- lv. 40
Wing attack
Mirror move
Steel wing

Fearow- male- lv. 42
Drill peck
Aerial Ace

Gyarados- Female- lv. 45
Ice beam

Skarmory- Female- lv. 42
Steel wing
Aerial Ace
Rock slide
Drill peck

Tropius- male- lv.40
Magical Leaf
Sunny day

Charizard- male- lv. 43
Wing attack
Dragon claw

July 5th, 2006, 8:03 PM
Mine would be a bit complicated.

It would double as a museum, with 5 different rooms (not counting the exhibit halls), each one depicting a different part of history.

The first room would be from Feudal Japan, the Junior Trainer would most resemble a Ninja and use the following pokemon:

The secound room would be of artifacts from Egypt and other ancient cultures, the Junior Trainer would be a ruin maniac have the following pokemon:

The third room would be designed like a pirate ship, and I would probably have someone who resembles an Aqua Grunt or something, who would have:

The forth room would be designed like a labrotory, and the trainer would be a scientist with the following pokemon:

The last room would be my own, designed to resemble an ancient Chinese palace, or a cave, either one, can't decide, I would have the following Pokemon:

Winners (if there are any), would get a Dragonbreath TM, and a Legends badge, that is shaped like a white dragon.

Images pending.

July 5th, 2006, 9:34 PM
I would have a dark type GYM. I would have many different pokemon depending on the trainers, but some you include: Poochyena, Mightyena, Sableye, Houndour, Houndoom, Murkrow, Absol, Sneasel, and a Weavile (Once my starter). The reason for all the different pokemon would be the different region factor, if you completed a region already, you will be put against stronger pokemon. The GYM would be located on an Island, somewhere in-between the regions. On the outside the GYM appears to be a temple. But inside the GYM is quite modern. Besides being a GYM it’s also a hotel, with a small store, a healing center, and on the second floor there’s rooms for bored. It is also wildly used as training center, there are many different trainers, most being Hex Maniacs, (trainers that I, the GYM leader don’t like vary much, viewing most of them a stereo types, but allow to be trainers anyway) and others being trainers that love dark pokemon ( I Myself became a GYM leader to show everyone the good in Dark type pokemon.) The first floor of the GYM contains the shop, center, and lounge area. The third is wear the GYM battles are held, and the forth is the training area, with six small battle fields wear random battles can be held, sometimes torments may be held, with common to rare dark pokemon, and Money is the prize. All this makes the GYM very popular, it’s know as the Kurai Island GYM. For wining the GYM battle the trainer gets The Shadow Badge, and TM 30, Shadow Ball, despite this being a Ghost pokemon move, it is the Gyms signature attack. And that’s my big advanced GYM, it’s mostly reached by boat, and is open to anyone who wants to stay the night, relax, train, or if the trainer has at least five badges, make a challenge. Had fun righting this, hope you liked it.

July 5th, 2006, 9:39 PM
My Gym Type Would Be: Water & Ice
My Pokemon Would Be: Starmie, Cloyster, Blastoise 9 (all LV. 45-50)
I Would Have In My Gym: 1 Male Swimmer And 1 Female Swimmer
It Would Be In: Cerulean City
The Reward I Would Give Is: a TM that contains Waterfall, and a Glacier Badge
My gym would also be an aquarium for Pokemon and a center for learning how to swim.

I would be a tough Gym Leader but i wouldn't be too tough to the extant of nobody being able to beat me, because then it wouldn't be fair. But I also won't be an easy Gym leader. My Gym would be the 5th you have to battle and i would have the 5th badge.

July 6th, 2006, 8:47 PM
My gym type would be:Poison

My underlings would be:
1) Super Nerd Billy
-lv.34 Koffing
-lv.34 Grimer

2) Ninja Boy Lao
-lv.33 Koffing
-lv.33 Ninjask
-lv.33 Koffing

3) Super nerd Frank
-lv.37 Weezing

4) Scientist Wenzel
-lv.37 Muk

5) Sailor Maxwell
-lv.34 Tentacool
-lv.34 Grimer

My pokémon would be:
-lv. 39 Tentacruel
-lv. 36 Golbat
-lv. 38 Gengar
-lv. 41 Crobat

It would be: in a swampy cave near Pacifidlog Town

The Reward I Would Give Is: Poison Fang (I know it's not the best attack, but it's still my personal favorite) and the ToxicBadge.

Green Bulbasaur
July 6th, 2006, 9:13 PM
Gym Type: Grass
My Pokemon: Venasaur, Meganium, Sceptile, Exeggcutor, Victreebel, and Sunflora
Who I would have in my gym: 1 Bug Catcher, and 2 Cool Trainers
It would be in: In the middle of a pitch black forest
Reward: GreenBadge and the TM for Protect
My gym would also be a place for grass pokemon all over the world to be born and raised at. Almost a day care, but only for grass-type poke's.

I would be the 7th Gym leader(out of 8). I would be one tought gym leader to beat.

July 7th, 2006, 8:19 AM
I would run a Bug type gym (Or a gym for Pokémon that look like bugs.). And what place would be more suitable for a Bug type gym than Viridian forest? There wouldn't be any real gym building, instead the battles would be fought in a clear patch of grass surrounded by enormous trees.

There would be no gym trainers, but in order to battle me, one would have to train him- or herself a Bug type Pokémon which he/she would have to use against me in battle.

My Pokémon would be Flygon (It looks like a Bug/Dragon type Pokémon.), Beedrill, Yanma, Butterfree, Dustox and Ledian.

No items would be allowed during the gym battle.

A winner would be rewarded with the Cocoon Badge and an Aerial Ace TM.

July 7th, 2006, 5:05 PM
I'd like to run a Water type gym. There are 6 trainers in all, but you're only required to battle three. My pokemon will be: Milotic, Tentacruel, Walrein, Gyrados, Lapras, and Whiscash (lol).

October 6th, 2007, 10:57 PM
I Would Be A Bird Gym Leader.

My Pokemon Would Be: ( IN ORDER)

Pidgeot Level 32 (nicknamed otto)
Noctowl Level 34 (Nicknamed Nakamura)
Pelliper Level 30 (Nicknamed Sam)
Altaria Level 36 (Nicknamed Alty)
Flygon Level 31 (Nicknamed LyfNog)
Latias Level 29 [its only fair]

I Would Give The Sky Badge
The TM I would give is Aerial Ace!

And I Would have 4 pokemon trainer to get to me!

October 6th, 2007, 11:07 PM
i would have a dark gym i would have
there would be no building
it would be in a cemertary
with no trainers as such but the trainers pokemon would be roaming around ready to attack at anytime
it would serve as a pokemon shelter for pokemon that have been abandoned
the battle would happen in and around the tombs
when you win you would get the night badge and you would also gain a abandoned egg or young pokemon

October 7th, 2007, 4:43 PM
My Gym Type Would Be:Dragon
My Pokemon Would Be:Dragonite, Garchomp, Salamence, Kingdra, and Charizard
I Would Have In My Gym: two tall podiums to have arial battles and i would have a pool (for kingdra)
I would have 5 on 5 battlles and the challenger would be able to pick which order i use my pokemon in
and the reward is a badge obviousle and a tm for dragon claw

October 7th, 2007, 5:02 PM
Water gym for me.

It would be on Cinibar Island (Yeah, Blaine is a poser) and I'd have these pokemon:

Marshtomp-level 29
-mud slap
-icy wind
-mud shot
-water pulse

Croconaw-level 35
-water pulse
-ice beam

kingdra-level 32
-water pulse
-rain dance

I'm a weak gym leader.

My gym is a puzzle where you have to use surf to get to me. Bunch of wterfalls to scale. Win!

eDIT: My prize would be water pulse, the crap Tm.

Gold Tom
October 7th, 2007, 5:11 PM
My Gym Type Would Be:Grass
My Pokemon Would Be:Bulbasaur,Bayleef,Torterra
I Would Have In My Gym:1 Cooltrainer
It Would Be: In a deep forest that you get to by breaking a wall in Tohjo Falls.
The Reward I Would Give Is:Leaf Stone and Frenzy Plant

October 7th, 2007, 5:13 PM
Lol, screw Gyms. Ima battle frontier leader!!(Who uses 4th gen stuff)

Water themed.

Crap, no EVs for in-game crap.

Lol, Tauntridos.

Starmie@Life orb
Ice beam

Anti's Netbattle Kingdra.

Kyogre@Choice scarf
Water spout
Ice beam

October 7th, 2007, 5:20 PM
Anti's Netbattle Kingdra.

Which is:

Kingdra (M) @ Leftovers
Swift Swim
252 HP / 252 SAtk / 6 Spd
- Rain Dance
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass / Electric]

It is win. lol

Yay! Somebody used something of mine! lol

And lol, I wouldn't wanna fight tauntrados ingame. SCARY MAN! lol

October 7th, 2007, 5:24 PM
Lol, maybe I'll put Manaphy in that team XD

October 7th, 2007, 5:54 PM
I would be a Bird gym leader.

My Pokemon Would Be: Staraptor, Altaria, Blaziken (well, I did say bird gym), Fearow, Honchkrow (sp?) and Articuno.
I would have in my gym: Just me.
I Would Have: A 2 on 2 match.
There would be a simple maze on the first floor (which has exits leading outside) and me on the second (and final floor).
It Would Be located: In a rather misty, cloudy place known as Glass Prairie, at the end in a small mountain.
The Reward I Would Give Is: 67000 credits, The Wing Badge and Aerial Ace.

October 7th, 2007, 8:52 PM
Bug Type FTW! Last Gym...
Lv49 - Scyther
Lv51 - Vespiquen
Lv49 - Yanmega
Lv50 - Armaldo
Lv52 - Scizor

October 7th, 2007, 9:16 PM
I would have a grass gym
and have these pokemon: nuzleaf,sceptile,Venusaur,cacnea,kirlia and xatu
members 4
badge:the grass badge
tm gift:grass knot

Gokey Shuckle
October 7th, 2007, 9:50 PM
People shouldn't be reviving old threads and replying to them.