PDA

View Full Version : anbody know of good acne treatment products???

enyce
June 1st, 2006, 07:32 PM
Yeah I have been going overboard on sugar products latley. Im starting to breakout like crazy. I currently use clearisil. It works if you tone down your sugar intake.

But I was wondering if you knew of any...Becuase Clearisil is kind of slow.

WidowMaker
June 1st, 2006, 07:41 PM
I have the feeling that this needs to be locked.

-Reports-

DragonTrainer
June 1st, 2006, 07:47 PM
Why would it need to be locked?

Lol, Proactiv ftw, it's what the famous people are using :P

Dawson
June 1st, 2006, 11:26 PM
How about calming down on the sugar intake? Seems to be the smartest idea.

Proactiv is awesome, but it is pretty expensive.

Astinus
June 2nd, 2006, 12:04 AM
Seriously, why would this have any reason to be locked?

I use Clearsil foaming cleanser with a little touch of the spot-on treatment by the same company. It's easier than using Proactive, which is what my brother used for years, and it didn't work.

But yes, make sure that the sugar intake is lessened, and don't touch your face with dirty sweaty hands. That also helps...

Dawg 2005
June 2nd, 2006, 05:06 AM
You could start by lowering the sugar intake, and trying sunflower seeds, they're addictive. XD

I use Clearisil, although slow, works pretty good.

sdp
June 2nd, 2006, 07:29 AM
There should be a rule about mini-modding...

Drummershuff
June 2nd, 2006, 08:00 AM
I take pills, given to me by the Doctor. I also use Oxy pads. My spots are going. People that have seen a picture of me, I may looks spotty, nothing to what I used to. XD

Red530
June 2nd, 2006, 12:43 PM
I'm just like you.

I had to get ProActive, and it works great.

Kalylia
June 2nd, 2006, 01:12 PM
Any time I break out, I whip out the Oxy pads. It's like the uber-acne-meds for break-outs that aren't in need of medical attention, (ie, your sweets break-out)

Zone
June 2nd, 2006, 03:06 PM

I thought there already was.

I use a bunch of different acne treatment things, and wash my face with a different one at different times in the day. I used to do it once a day, but recently started three times a day. It's been getting better, but hasn't disappeared yet.

Tapioca
June 2nd, 2006, 03:10 PM
quit it you guys, hes asking a question, and hes perfectly fine with asking it...This dosnt need to be closed

yep, stop eating sugary stuff, then start washing your face more, and then you should be fine! I use Neutrgena stuff, so you should try that out

Drummershuff
June 2nd, 2006, 04:22 PM
Thanks for contributing greatly to the topic at hand.

I used to use Clearisil but I found it didn't work that good.

Chiru
June 3rd, 2006, 02:17 PM
I use Aveeno Daily Moisturizer twice a day, and I wash my face when I shower. That seems to help. I also put on oil-free foundation to help hide my acne, but I'm not sure if guys wear foundation or not (do they?), so...

Lord Mike
June 4th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Aveeno is the great for your skin. Aveeno is the only soap and bubble bath product I use.

Naminé
June 4th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Does sugaery sweet tasting food really promote acne? If it does, then Naminé should avoid it like plague and keep her complexion to the few rare dots on her face... She has never read anything about sugar being a stimulant for acne. Is that really true?

Somehow, the fear that a massive acne breakout in the close future always strikes fear to Naminé's trembling heart...

Ryoutarou
June 5th, 2006, 03:02 AM
Sugar adds to the problem, but it's not the biggest cause of it. Often it's just people not washing their face right and by the time they want to fix it, they need acne treatments. You do need to watch what you eat though, a little bit of sugary food won't hurt, but if it's added with oily foods, foods with dead fats and other things, it all adds up to the problem. Myself, I never used any special soaps or treatments since I'm allergic to the key ingredient in 99% of what's out there. All I could do was steam the pours open and just wash well every day, which seemed to work well enough for me.

Lord Mike
June 5th, 2006, 06:37 AM
It stinks being allergic to those things I bet.

Kyosuke
June 5th, 2006, 12:11 PM
I'm not sure if this works.. but I heard that putting toothpaste on certain pimples would help.. XD

But really if Clearisil isn't working as well, the only thing that would effective help, is to just wash your face more often if it's getting too oily and to use a really clean towel to dry your face.

Lord Mike
June 5th, 2006, 12:17 PM
I'm not sure if this works.. but I heard that putting toothpaste on certain pimples would help.. XD

But really if Clearisil isn't working as well, the only thing that would effective help, is to just wash your face more often and use clean towels to dry.

Lol. Toothpaste on pimples? Does that really work? I never heard of that method.

*~Ashley~*
June 5th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Actually, Lance, I've heard about the toothpaste thing too. I don't know if it works though. Hmm...

Anyway, I had a pretty bad-ish acne problem back in middle school. <<; Proactive doesn't work, other store bought items didn't work either. My doctor proscribed Duac Gel and Retin-A Micro for me, and they've worked really well. I haven't had any problems since I started using those. So my recommendation is to go to your doctor or go to a dermatologist and see what they recommend for your skin. It'll help better than just generic creams that you can buy from any old store.

Lord Mike
June 5th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Wow! It seems like the world is racing past me with all these new cures for things like acne.

bna_li
June 6th, 2006, 05:48 AM
I heard about putting Listerine for dandruff, I know it's off-topic, but...

Lord Mike
June 6th, 2006, 06:42 AM
Lol. I thought I've seen everything.

Natsuki
June 6th, 2006, 07:52 PM
I actually use this stuff from the Dead Sea. o__o My mom ordered it a while ago and I've been using it lately and it makes my skin all clear and pretty. =D But it's insanely expensive so you might not be willing to buy it. XD;

Otherwise I'd recommend pHisoderm. I use that as well and I haven't had a full blown breakout in like a year. It could just be my skin type too, but still - it works. XD

~Kelsey

Chiru
June 8th, 2006, 01:33 PM
I tried the toothpaste thing before. All it really did for me was make my face sticky and mint-scented. It was hard to wash off too.

bna_li
June 8th, 2006, 04:35 PM
It must really sting too, right? I bet it don't feel good.

Miyu-chan
June 8th, 2006, 05:48 PM
I used to use Mentholatum. :3 It works really well, and not just with pimples, but also with headaches, stuffy nose,, bug bites, cuts! <3 It's wonderful.

I barely have any pimples now. ;p

Neko
June 8th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Sugar adds to the problem, but it's not the biggest cause of it. Often it's just people not washing their face right and by the time they want to fix it, they need acne treatments. You do need to watch what you eat though, a little bit of sugary food won't hurt, but if it's added with oily foods, foods with dead fats and other things, it all adds up to the problem. Myself, I never used any special soaps or treatments since I'm allergic to the key ingredient in 99% of what's out there. All I could do was steam the pours open and just wash well every day, which seemed to work well enough for me.

Yeah..I have that problem. x__X I mean, seriously I like, NEVER get break-outs from eating sugar (even if it is a lot) the problem with me is oily foods like you said X( I never eat those too often though, but one night when my mom brought home KFC...eeesh.

So yeah, if you're eating anything like that, then I'd suggest you cut down on that ^^" Also, whenever I get break-outs I would use my wipe thingies and it would by gone in 1 to 2 days (I forget what they're called, but they were prescribed by my aunt whose a nurse x.x;;; ) So yeah, maybe you need prescribtion wipe thingies like me too? (though I hardly ever need to use them....)

Shining Arcanine
June 14th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Go to acne.org and order the recommended stuff for The Regimen. It is the best way to treat acne in the world, excluding Accutane but Accutane can have extremely serious and permanent side-effects so The Regimen is your best bet.