PDA

View Full Version : who was the toughest gym leader?

carlover
June 2nd, 2006, 05:25 AM
who did you find the hardest to defeat?

SamBee
June 2nd, 2006, 05:29 AM
I don't think I had to fight any gym leader twice, actually I think the Knuckle Badge was the ahrdest to obtain, I ahd to train my tentacool alot to defeat whoever the gym leade ris tehre, I'm sorry I forgot his name.

Squeegee Beckenheim
June 2nd, 2006, 05:32 AM
The hardest one for me has always been Norman. He is so hard to beat even with fighting types.

Prince Peasley
June 2nd, 2006, 05:54 AM
Norman is impossible without the Blazekick of Blaziken.

OverTheBelow
June 2nd, 2006, 05:54 AM

carlover
June 2nd, 2006, 06:00 AM
i think tht the second gym badge is the hardest for its point in th game!

Razer302
June 2nd, 2006, 06:10 AM
i hated norman he was anoying with slaking. it took me alot of goes to kill him

Phoenix Riley
June 2nd, 2006, 06:12 AM
Liza and Tate are murder and even worse in Emerald. - Thank God For Swampert

The Knuckle Badge Trainer is easy cos you can just do the cave and then go to slateport - then i come back and kick his but!

SamBee
June 2nd, 2006, 06:17 AM
I completely forgot about Norman, getting to him ws hard enough, stupid Delcatty!

carlover
June 2nd, 2006, 06:18 AM
if you start with blaziken, tate and liza are the hardest

Phoenix Riley
June 2nd, 2006, 06:23 AM
Its So Anoying with Liza and Tate and Blazkien as a starter as Fighting is really good against rock normally but they knock you out before you can beat 'em

Razer302
June 2nd, 2006, 06:43 AM
i forgot liza and tate i started with torchic and made them really hard to beat stupid liza and tate

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 2nd, 2006, 12:31 PM
I found the gym leaders to be rather easy to beat because I had the right Pokemon.

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

The Fallen
June 2nd, 2006, 03:23 PM
I usually have trouble with Liza and Tate. Solrock and Lunatone have always been a pain for me.

CaptainBrain
June 2nd, 2006, 03:24 PM
Norman: He always heals himself and uses powerful moves.

:t334: CaptainBrain

enyce
June 2nd, 2006, 03:28 PM
I started with Torchic one time, Roxanne and Tate and Liza were the hardest.

I started with Mudkip next time. Roxanne was still hard because of Nosepass.

Karasuma
June 2nd, 2006, 03:30 PM
Going Old School, I'd say Claire from Blackthorn Gym. Her Dragon Pokemon were really tough to beat with my low class Pokemon

In Hoenn, I'd say Norman because he really knew how to use his Facade

Himawarii
June 2nd, 2006, 03:35 PM
Juan from Pokemon Emerald was torture D; Especially since half my Emerald team was Water and the other were Eletric x_x

Back in G/S/C is was Whitney,with her Miltank's Milk Drink.

Arche
June 2nd, 2006, 05:18 PM
For me, in both Sapphire and Emerald, it was Norman. It always takes me a long time to beat him, even with strong fighting type Pokemon. O.o

I also thought Liza and Tate were pretty hard, too. Espeically in Emerald.

Nuke
June 3rd, 2006, 03:37 AM
Wattson usually was hard for me to beat in Ruby but I cruised past him in Emerald.
Juan was murder I got sick when he kept making your pokemon confused and making them fall in love at the same time.
Winona was Quite hard too.

Ninja Monkey
June 3rd, 2006, 08:34 AM
Wattson was hard for me I think, so was Norman.

Lord Mike
June 3rd, 2006, 08:54 AM
Norman is annoying. You're finally about to defeat him, and his Skaing has to use Counter on you.

Liza and tate are hard in Emerald because of their Claydol and Xatu.

Digiko
June 3rd, 2006, 09:00 AM
Eh.. A gym leader that's hard.. I'd say Liza and Tate and Wallace/Arden(That his name?) I could never beat Wallace/Arden simply because I never came prepared. xD That's just like me. Liza and Tate were really hard because I usually start with Torchic. Yeah.. They were horrible in Emerald. o_o

JX Valentine
June 3rd, 2006, 09:15 AM
In Ruby and Sapphire, I'd have to say Wallace, if only for his Milotic. Wattson was a bugger too, even in the games in which I was raising a Torchic. (I had no problem with Mudkip, however, so Wattson wasn't all that bad compared to Wallace. Yay for Marshtomp!)

pikachulover306
June 3rd, 2006, 04:37 PM
no not really i killed tate and liza easy with my blaziken and mightyena
and norman got anoying when he kept healing his slaking

Katakoe
June 3rd, 2006, 07:37 PM
Defiantly Norman, I always have troubles with his gorilla thing.. Yeah, forgot whats it's called. xX

enyce
June 3rd, 2006, 07:43 PM
Defiantly Norman, I always have troubles with his gorilla thing.. Yeah, forgot whats it's called. xX

I think its slaking... the big white haired thing?

Rioku_Zanketa
June 3rd, 2006, 07:51 PM
none...I have always Pwned against Gym leaders,and they're always a waste of my time...so I just play around until I get enough boredom to go and fight them...^____^!!!!

sergeim
June 3rd, 2006, 07:53 PM
that is some cool stuff you got there how do i do it?

Rioku_Zanketa
June 3rd, 2006, 07:56 PM
uhh...for the eggs and poke'mon and FF stuff,...click on them...but those trainer cards there,you have to ask somone to make them for ya...Demonta made them for me...^_^

♥Naomi♥
June 9th, 2006, 03:10 PM
uhm,i think both the dude in that one island(forgot name,but its where you go to give steven the letter),and liz & tate where the hardest for me...both on my ruby and emerald(though i havent gotten to liz and tate yet in emerald(reset game recently)

enyce
June 9th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Norman is incredibly easy. My combusken made chop work of him. The only Gym Leader that gave me trouble is Brawly. That was one powerful Mukihita he had. It kept using Reversal after Reversal. After my Kirlia got his HP in the red. Reversal would just come out of no where. Then it just killed off my whole party.

All the others were done in one try. Well from Roxanne to Winona

Latios&Latias381382
June 23rd, 2006, 08:10 AM
I would say Tate & Liza Because I had to train an Absol to like LV.45 to defeat them in battle cause they keep using Psychic moves on my Blaziken and its annoying but the rest were mincemeat. lol

enyce
June 23rd, 2006, 10:21 AM
I would say Tate & Liza Because I had to train an Absol to like LV.45 to defeat them in battle cause they keep using Psychic moves on my Blaziken and its annoying but the rest were mincemeat. lol

Liza and Tate are actually formidible. They have an earthquaking claydol. While Xatu is a flying type. Plus Solrock and Lunatone have levitate.

Keruri
June 23rd, 2006, 07:01 PM
It's deffinitely those STUPID twins who talk wierd..... Especially in Emerald, when there are 2 more pokemon in their team. I had to use strategy and like 10 hyper potions to beat them... ^_^;;

TogepiII
June 24th, 2006, 01:45 AM
Ummmmm...... Sootopolis's Gym Leader =/ I Forgot his name XD isn't it Wallace or something? Yeah it was hard tyring to beat him with a Lv. 44 Aggron and when i kept falling through the Ice.........

Mudkippy
June 24th, 2006, 06:29 AM
I think Brawly was the hardest because I always chose mudkip, of course, and so i thought he was kind of hard to beat. Also, Norman was kind of hard too.

btw....
Ummmmm...... Slateport's Gym Leader =/ I Forgot his name XD isn't it Wallace or something? Yeah it was hard tyring to beat him with a Lv. 44 Aggron and when i kept falling through the Ice......... Uh...Slateport doesn't have a gym...Sootopolis is the city with Wallace as a gym leader....

Whiplash
June 24th, 2006, 07:13 AM
Mudkippy some mod will say soon to not double post so Ill edit it.

But Tate and Liz are the hardest there defence and there abilities are annoying.

FinalTreecko781
June 24th, 2006, 09:03 PM
i think that all the gyms were easy except for geting around the lavaridge gym.it was really annoying.mauville was hard because my brother kept on trying to defeat manectric with my grovyle.he was doing
it on purpose.

Mudkippy
June 30th, 2006, 05:30 PM

But Tate and Liz are the hardest there defence and there abilities are annoying.
sorry....I was kind of new at the time....I didn't really know...I'll edit but thanks for telling me anyways ^^

sunny99
June 30th, 2006, 05:41 PM
i think all of them are easy but norman was very annoying and also the last guy

enyce
June 30th, 2006, 05:43 PM

I got to give them credit

Earthquake claydol+ two levitaters and a flying type

may torchic
June 30th, 2006, 08:07 PM
tate and liza was the hardest gym leaders in r/s/e.
with pyschic pokemon oon there team

Lathspell
July 1st, 2006, 04:39 AM
I usually start with the Fire Starter to make it more fun. Norman was a child's play. But Tate and Liza were murderers. My respect for Claydol, he rulz. But still...Ludicolo, meet Claydol. Claydol, meet Surf.

Demonta
July 1st, 2006, 03:13 PM
I found them all rediculously easy!

Nothing makes you tougher like a simple bit of grass running!

FaNtEcH
July 1st, 2006, 10:16 PM
Liza and tate in emerald
and That altaria gym leader in ruby/sapphire

mermaidmisty
July 1st, 2006, 10:55 PM
i'd say...Koga the one in Fire Red holy cheese is he good !!!!!!!!

cyberloudred
July 3rd, 2006, 04:40 PM
i hated tate and liza,they were so hard to beat,but norman was incredibly strong as well. i mean, his slaking killed my delcatty!:(*cries*poor delcatty.

MegaDitto
July 3rd, 2006, 04:42 PM
Norman>Brawly>Tate and Liza.

They are the dardest in the game. Brandon is right. He just have agression with stragety.

dkw0101
July 3rd, 2006, 09:07 PM
norman is easy, i used my torkaol, trapinch, nuzleaf, and marshtomp and i beat him on my first try, the thoughest will always and forever be, the 6th gym, because if you use an electric type to dominate her, she has her altaria use earth quake

Dillon
July 3rd, 2006, 09:50 PM
i never liked 2 face flannery(sp?)

Cosmic Tyrant
July 3rd, 2006, 10:14 PM
Man, for me, wattson was the toughest. that manectric murdered me over and over again. norman however was childs play. my lairon put up quite the preformance. Blaziken helped out a little, too.

electricgrass
July 6th, 2006, 06:02 PM
on g/s it was whitney and her miltank, LG/FR , the rival the 2nd elete 4

R/S/E tate/lisa- Norman(w/o fighting type), on emerald he got easier, until you fight him on the 5th rematch, then he has

blissey
2 slaking
kangaskhan
and I've forgot the other 2, even though I've never gotten that far I read about it on psypoke.com

but the most retarded leaders are koga and sabrina on yellow

enyce
July 6th, 2006, 06:19 PM
but the most retarded leaders are koga and sabrina on yellow

I agree

doesnt he have like four venonats and a venomoth???

Then sabrina just has the Abra line. >_>

Timbjerr
July 6th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Definitely Norman. His Slaking is a beast.

..and Wattson's pretty hard when your preferred starter is Treecko.

Kitori_theTeamAquaSuicune
July 7th, 2006, 06:50 AM
Lets seeeeee.....
I would have to say... Norman.

I usually have no problem with the Gym leaders. All are a peice of Cake to me.... except my friend, Dan/Kirby.

He kills me everytime.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
July 7th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Winona. Her Skarmory and Altaria killed me, 3 times, I was using a pelipper, then I thought "You idiot, teach it Ice Beam!"

Then I battled her again, and Altaria went down with a single attack. XD

Kurosaki~Dragon
July 7th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Tate and liza were murder to my Blaziken, untill I trained and absol and a sharpedo... though that EQing Claydol was really annoying...

SephirothX
July 7th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Norman was hard as hell to beat! The first time, it took my whole party to knock out Slaking, and then Vigoroth came out and finished me! **** YOU, MAIN CHARACTER'S DAD!!!

Flamman
July 8th, 2006, 01:46 PM
i didn't face to much problems, but the easyest must be the 2nd, because you can skip it ^^
the hardest must be wattson, with his stupid steel types, NO MORE MAGNEMITES!

Earthpride
July 9th, 2006, 01:47 AM
Flannery, for one stupid reason - Attract.

dragonslayer400
July 9th, 2006, 07:41 AM
the gym from mossdeep where you can get

Kazyx
July 9th, 2006, 08:54 AM
The toughest for me I believe was Norman, stupid Normal types almost having no weakness other then Fighting. Had no Fighting types either, making it more of a pain to battle.

As for Emerald, I would have to say Tate and Liza, still never beat those two.