PDA

View Full Version : umbreon vs. jolteon: who's the best?

Tha Pkmn Prodigy
June 3rd, 2006, 03:09 PM
i personally think umbreon is the BEST pokemon ever and jolteon just isnt on umbreon's level

Mesavy
June 3rd, 2006, 03:11 PM
Umbreon, no doubt. He is better then jolteon by /far/. Only, i like the umbretales... A mix between unbreon and ninetails... XD

natesand17
June 3rd, 2006, 03:41 PM
yea i also think that the umbreon would win hands down

Ichikool
June 3rd, 2006, 03:43 PM
I more of a Jolteon fan...

Keruri
June 3rd, 2006, 04:49 PM
No, you're all wrong. Espeon is by far the best ;D. But seriously, those 2 are my favorite eevee evolutions (besides espeon), so its a tough call. I like electricity, but umbreon looks cooler....

enyce
June 3rd, 2006, 05:46 PM
No, you're all wrong. Espeon is by far the best

Yeah what she said

Espeon>you

Jude Mathis
June 3rd, 2006, 06:20 PM
Jolteon is awesome... but its not as strong by Umbreon by any means.
So.... Umbreon>Jolteon.

x3

Ice demon
June 3rd, 2006, 09:01 PM
Well jolteon is more useful competitively IMO
but umbreon looks cooler.
So lets say i'm neutral.

Smarties-chan
June 4th, 2006, 12:24 AM
No, you're all wrong. Espeon is by far the best ;D. But seriously, those 2 are my favorite eevee evolutions (besides espeon), so its a tough call. I like electricity, but umbreon looks cooler....
Espeon is actually one of the worst Eeveelutions. The only worse one is Flareon. All Eeveelutions are cool, though :3

Anyway... It's pretty hard to compare Umbreon and Jolteon, with one being a sweeper and the other one being a BPer/Annoyer/Staller/etc.

Umbreon is more useful and looks better, imo, so I'll have to say Umbreon.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 4th, 2006, 05:21 AM
Well I love Umbreon because its a Dark type.

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Natsuki
June 4th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Well between Jolteon and Umbreon, I think Umbreon wins hands down. ;P I like the way Umbreon looks and I'm partial to Dark types. XD

~Kelsey

Orophin
June 4th, 2006, 11:10 AM
These are my two favorite Eevee evolutions but Umbreon is by far better. One of the few pure dark pokemon from the metal versions.

enyce
June 4th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Espeon is actually one of the worst Eeveelutions. The only worse one is Flareon. All Eeveelutions are cool, though :3

Anyway... It's pretty hard to compare Umbreon and Jolteon, with one being a sweeper and the other one being a BPer/Annoyer/Staller/etc.

You compare every pokemon by stats/ power/ usefulness....

Sounds like the cliche rocket member if you ask me XD. But I like Espeon because mainly I like psychis

Kitkatcatherine
June 4th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Umbreon would win hands down, no contest. (In my opinion)

latias724
June 4th, 2006, 12:57 PM
i like jolteon as i'm sort of a electric fan

aragornbird
June 4th, 2006, 01:45 PM
~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Umbreon looks so much cooler than Jolteon, but you can’t deny Jolteon’s ability to sweep late-game, especially with a Petaya boost. And that Volt Absorb trait is pretty awesome too.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Sakura Kinomoto
June 6th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Umbreon is better and much cooler.

MUSION
June 7th, 2006, 11:11 AM
I say Jolteon looks cooler and that electric types rule over dark types any day. Jolteon has always been my favourite of Eevee's evolutions.

Rioku_Zanketa
June 7th, 2006, 11:26 AM
........I shall destroy ALL of you...CHARIZARD wins hands down shaddap...lol,just playing^_^!!!! umbrarion....I guess,dark is getting a little old for me,and electric poke'mon....meh,.....

chaotic_umbreon
June 7th, 2006, 11:31 AM
umbreon is better, tho umbreon and jolteon are my two favorite pokemon...... lol

Crystal Clair
June 7th, 2006, 11:55 AM
I sort of hate Jolteon and Umbreon's my favorite Eevolution. So I pick Umbreon
I also dont care how Umbreon does in battle. IMO, it's boring to raise because dark attacks are dull.

chaotic_umbreon
June 7th, 2006, 12:05 PM
o well, i have a german jolteon card and not a single umbreon card..... tho i cant find the german jolteon card...

Green Bulbasaur
June 7th, 2006, 12:56 PM
I personally like Jolteon more then Umbreon.

But my favorite evolutioon of Eevee is Vaporeon.

Rena
June 7th, 2006, 01:04 PM
I like Umbreon more because of their appearence and their stats and they win, hands down, but Jolteon's strength isgreat, I especially like it's Volt Absorb ability.

coachwhipneoship
June 7th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Hmm, I love both. It's hard to choose. Jolteon might win by a (spiky) hair..

Dr_random
June 7th, 2006, 04:31 PM
everything Evee Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!exept Umbreon

~Rene~
June 7th, 2006, 09:15 PM
I think Umbreon is the best.

Smarties-chan
June 7th, 2006, 11:05 PM
You compare every pokemon by stats/ power/ usefulness....

Sounds like the cliche rocket member if you ask me XD. But I like Espeon because mainly I like psychis
That's because the thread title says which one of them is better, not which one you like the most.

HaloX
June 8th, 2006, 04:14 AM
Umbreon is my favorite so he's my vote.
Umbreon>Jolteon

hey...is anyone keeping score?:surprised:

QlLA\/A
June 8th, 2006, 01:02 PM
i think jolteon, he is electric and can learn thunder my favorite move that is very strong, and if you raise it right it can have a higher level than umbreon

joyce : the fluffy pirate~
June 9th, 2006, 07:10 AM
Well , my fave Eevee evolution is still Espeon <3

But , between Jolteon and Umbreon , I still pick Umbreon :3
Umbreon looks so much cooler ^^

But I thinks that's the only reason. Jolteon can be pretty tough too :3

Yoko-Chan
June 10th, 2006, 02:01 AM
i think umbreon would have won beetween those 2.

mew2_v1
June 10th, 2006, 09:34 AM
i would choose Jolteon is the best

Eevee_Espeon
June 10th, 2006, 11:02 AM

espeon is not bad! its attacks:tackle,tail whip helping hand,sand-attack,confusion,quick attack, swift,psybeam, psych up,psychic,morning sun. so its not bad.i agree, all of them are cool. but i can't decide beetween umbreon and jolteon.i got the attacks from my normal and psychis pokedex book. it has all normal types, and all of the psychic types.

Metaforte
June 10th, 2006, 10:40 PM
Jolteon>Umbreon
Better Special attack and speed. Espeon is better than these two although.

Smarties-chan
June 10th, 2006, 11:12 PM
espeon is not bad! its attacks:tackle,tail whip helping hand,sand-attack,confusion,quick attack, swift,psybeam, psych up,psychic,morning sun. so its not bad.i agree, all of them are cool. but i can't decide beetween umbreon and jolteon.i got the attacks from my normal and psychis pokedex book. it has all normal types, and all of the psychic types.
I never said Espeon is bad, I just pointed out that in my opinion, it's one of the worst eevelutions. It has an awesome Special Attack and Speed, but doesn't have a good special movepool to go with it. The only thing Espeon is good for is to put up some Calm Minds, maybe sweep a little with Psychic, and then Baton Passing the Calm Minds to another Pokémon. And as I said before, Espeon is not bad, but there are better eeveelutions out there.

Miss Pika
June 11th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Neither Umbreon or Jolteon is my favorite Evee evolution, but I would say that Umbreon is the better one.

Ritsuka
June 11th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Well, I think Umbreon is better...

Aegis
June 11th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Umbreon, Jolteon can only dream of being on Umbreons level.

Twilight Itachi X
June 11th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Umbreon. It's much more better than Jolteon. Jolteon's cool, but it's far from Umbreon's level.

miyo
June 21st, 2006, 08:38 PM
Of course Umbreon's better. It's status, and the attacks that it can learn.. they're far better than what Jolteon has to offer.

Erin Moonnite
June 22nd, 2006, 05:46 AM
UMBREON ALL THE WAY!!! Jolten(and Espeon) don't stand a chance! UMBREON! Hands down!

(Umbreon = Favorite Pokemon. xD)

Yoko-Chan
June 24th, 2006, 08:27 AM
omg!! i posted here twice!! XDDD(how is that possible? O.o)
umm..sorry, please delete this post.

Dragonfree
June 24th, 2006, 09:46 AM
*hates it when people make threads asking about the "best" Pokémon, because there is no way to know in exactly what meaning you're asking for a comparison of them*

I like Jolteon a great deal more, though. I've never been much for slow, defensive Pokémon and it doesn't help that every time I dare say anywhere that Umbreon is one of my least favorite Pokémon, I get a horde of people going "OMG HOW COULD YOU NOT LOVE UMBREON! IT'S MUCH COOLER THAN YOUR FAVORITES!!!!1" Gives me a grudge against it.

Joltthejolteon
November 15th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Obviously Jolteon. A: He's way faster- Umbreon couldn't land a hit
B: He's got the attack (with the right nature) to get passed umbreons defence
C: His moves are just better
D: He's wayyyyyy cooler
E: Umbreons not even near his level

Brendino
November 16th, 2013, 12:07 AM
I've got to say, I'm impressed that you managed to bump a 7 and a half year old thread. That being said, the bump limit for the majority of the PokeCommunity is one month, which this far exceeds. Because of that, I'm going to have to lock this thread. If you (or anyone else) want to remake this thread though, please do so over in our Pokemon Voting Polls (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241) subforum.

CLOSED.