PDA

View Full Version : How do you tell if a wild pokemon is shiny?

TripleHGogeta
April 8th, 2004, 06:35 PM
I was just wondering, since I havent discovered one yet. does it sparkle before the battle starts like on Pokemon silver/gold

Teara
April 8th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Yez, when you encounter one the zcreen flazhez black and zparklez apear for a moment around the pokemon. Hope that helped^_^
BTW, I zee you're new, Welcomenezz^_-

Cherrim
April 8th, 2004, 07:24 PM
Yeah, it's just like in GSC like Teara. And I'm very thankful it does that because I almost missed catching a shiny Dusclops last week because I was sitting in a dimly lit bus and I wouldn't have noticed the screen if it hadn't flashed and sparkled. XD

Dark_Absol
April 8th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Yeah, it's just like in GSC like Teara. And I'm very thankful it does that because I almost missed catching a shiny Dusclops last week because I was sitting in a dimly lit bus and I wouldn't have noticed the screen if it hadn't flashed and sparkled. XD

Thats why in Ruby/Sapphire the screen doesnt flash. Its like one normal pokemon... no flashs. But in the stats, there are the 3-stars.

TripleHGogeta
April 8th, 2004, 07:34 PM
thank all of you for your replies. you all have helped alot!

Teara
April 8th, 2004, 07:38 PM
You caught a zhiny Dusclops? Oooh! Lucky you! All I have on my Sapphire iz a zhiny Sandslash>,<
Glad we could help ^_^

Dark_Absol
April 8th, 2004, 07:40 PM
You caught a zhiny Dusclops? Oooh! Lucky you! All I have on my Sapphire iz a zhiny Sandslash>,<
Glad we could help ^_^

I have one shiny voltorb and one shiny spoink (now one shiny grumpig).
I dont know why is so dificult to find shinys in ru/sa...

Teara
April 8th, 2004, 07:46 PM
Spoink? Gah! You're zo lucky! Spoink iz one of my favorite Pokemon, I juzt have a normal Grumpig>,< But oh well^_-'''
Eeek! I go off topic too often @.@
*tapez mouth zhut, continuez to type*
Doh!
l83

Dark_Absol
April 8th, 2004, 07:50 PM
Heh, im lucky to find rare pokemon. When i beated the elite4 for the first time, latios appaered. So, flyed to fortree, moves to route 119 and... LATIOS! WOW! After the latios i get to new mauville and... Shiny Voltorb! Thats the "Lucky"!

Simon
April 8th, 2004, 08:35 PM
Gee...you people are lucky. All throughout GS and RS I've never seen a shiny pokemon. I might never. :(

bna_li
April 9th, 2004, 03:07 AM
Me neither... I think theres something wrong with my cart. It does flash, actually. I mean, I sharked one!

stewie&rupert
April 9th, 2004, 07:53 PM
I have one shiny voltorb and one shiny spoink (now one shiny grumpig).
I dont know why is so dificult to find shinys in ru/sa...

this was a good question,so good that no body could answer. why should it be sooooo hard to find an alternate color pokemon, i mean if u go into the grass a shiny pokemon stands out from all the rest, i mean a shiny pkmn is just like an albino animal. :P

(make-up)i think wat they should of done is that sometimes(1%/100%chance)there would be 3 little stars that would appear in the grass/cave/water u are in and will run away.it will be just a bit slower than your running shoes, just run after it and you'll run into a shiny pokemon(you also wont run into any other wild pokemon while these stars appear)but still its not eassy since as i noted above theres only a 1 out of 100 percent chance of this happening(end of make-up)

i hope theres a better chance in fr/lg.

TripleHGogeta
April 10th, 2004, 01:22 PM
Well I heard from gamefaqs.com on one of the FAQs for this game that its a 1 in 65536 chance of finding a shiny pokemon, and going off topic 3 out of 65536 to find a pokemon with Pokerus, I have found a Pokemon with Pokerus, but not a shiny yet. what I have noticed is the odds are 1 out of 65536 and 65536 is the last number slot in Microsoft Excel if I'm correct which probably doesnt mean anything but it might.

Wes The Snager
April 10th, 2004, 02:38 PM
teara not to be rude but why do you use Z's instead of S's
i have a shiny linoone and dustox

goku
May 4th, 2004, 01:08 PM
I caught a light yellowish cascoon and evolved it.Dustox looks different, it has redish wings and can anyone tell me if it is a shiny.And I've only been playing for 101:41 when I caught it.

Shinin
May 4th, 2004, 01:11 PM
shiny pokemon stay shiny when they evolve

Jess
May 4th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Once the Rayquaza on my Zapphire game was Zhiny x.x

o_O Teara these Z`s rock..XD

Chocobo
May 4th, 2004, 04:24 PM
All You Need To Know About Shinys Is NEVER GO LOOK FOR THEM.They Will Come To You. And A Star Appears And Cicrcles The Poke That Is Shiny.

stewie&rupert
May 20th, 2004, 03:59 PM
yea but the stars are barly noticable. some shinys can stand out from the normal(cacnea) so u dont need to c stars to know wat it is. some shinys barely look different(linoone) and so u need a web site with a shiny list, so u may quickly c the difference and capture it.

http://upc.pkmn.co.uk/pictures/sapphire/sapphire.html
it takes long to load but its worth it, ur gonna thank me later=D
just open this site wen u run into an unoticable shiny and capture it.
NOTE:delibird and ryhorn might not appear

Mikoudi
May 20th, 2004, 04:32 PM
I have only gotten one shiny pokemon from R/S and that was a Groudon.

Aedan
May 21st, 2004, 01:10 AM
My pokemons actually had the pokerus yeaterday ^^

I have never caught a shiny pokemon in R/S though... but i caught a couple of shiny ones in G/S/C.. one of them was a shining Dunsparce, another was a shining Geodude.. Heh..

shining_light
May 21st, 2004, 08:04 AM
i got a stupid shiny spinda. the one shiny i have is my least fav pkmn. my luck huh?

Red Storm
May 23rd, 2004, 04:46 AM
Just keep training in the same areas and you'll eventually come across one. My recent shiny capture was a golden swablu.

ashley03
May 23rd, 2004, 05:12 AM
Just keep training in the same areas and you'll eventually come across one. My recent shiny capture was a golden swablu.

i caught a shiny magicarp.the only pokemon i wouldn't train was MY SHINY!!!! it was at level 4. is there only 1 shiny in a game?

Simon
May 23rd, 2004, 09:22 AM
There's an umlimited number of shinys in the game. You just need luck. It's like 1 out of 8725 chance of finding a shiny whenever you battle a wild pokemon. Or as awkwardsilence says..a 1 out of 60 thousand something chance.

Aiya Quackform
May 23rd, 2004, 10:26 AM
It should be noted that in RS (not sure about GSC) starters and legendaries have a higher chance of being shiney. One in around 350, as I recall. Not sure on the exact number, but it's a much lower ratio.

Intuition
May 23rd, 2004, 10:29 AM
Why do they make it so hard to find one?!! :disappoin

Simon
May 23rd, 2004, 12:25 PM
That's cause they just stand there and don't run around (with the exception of the Latis and dogs). I just kept reseting until I got my black Rayquaza, which didn't take long cause it was shiny on thr 6th or 8th try. It's also one of my only 2 shinys. The other one is a Salamence which is green I think.

AJHalliwell
May 27th, 2004, 01:49 PM
::screams extreamly loud in agony::
NOOOO! I let a shiney get away in the past! I didn't know to much about shiney's prior to reading this! And i let a Clamperl shiney get away! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
I WANT ONE NOW! I fought it for exp. points u.u what a waste....

LishaKara
May 29th, 2004, 05:45 PM
I have a measly stupid shiny pelliper.
MY BROTHER HAS A SHINY VIBRAVA THAT'S GONNA EVOLVE INTO A SHINY FLYGON.
*jealousy*

AJHalliwell
May 29th, 2004, 07:15 PM
*sniffle sniffle* i want a shiney anything. I'm despret. it's true though; if you go searching for a shiny, you'll never find one. I tried. I came across Latias twice though! (THAT was unexpected!) I'd settle for a shiney anything. I was trying for a Wingull. But I'd huv settled for a Shiney Tentacool. ANYTHIIIIING!
*Whine, cry, and complain!* Send dr.phil this way please...
...wait a minute. Is shiny in GSC to? I may have one! YAY! But i must find my silver cartridge first u.u