PDA

View Full Version : How do you tell if a wild pokemon is shiny?

TripleHGogeta
April 8th, 2004, 6:35 PM
I was just wondering, since I havent discovered one yet. does it sparkle before the battle starts like on Pokemon silver/gold

Teara
April 8th, 2004, 7:13 PM
Yez, when you encounter one the zcreen flazhez black and zparklez apear for a moment around the pokemon. Hope that helped^_^
BTW, I zee you're new, Welcomenezz^_-

Cherrim
April 8th, 2004, 7:24 PM
Yeah, it's just like in GSC like Teara. And I'm very thankful it does that because I almost missed catching a shiny Dusclops last week because I was sitting in a dimly lit bus and I wouldn't have noticed the screen if it hadn't flashed and sparkled. XD

Dark_Absol
April 8th, 2004, 7:27 PM
Yeah, it's just like in GSC like Teara. And I'm very thankful it does that because I almost missed catching a shiny Dusclops last week because I was sitting in a dimly lit bus and I wouldn't have noticed the screen if it hadn't flashed and sparkled. XD

Thats why in Ruby/Sapphire the screen doesnt flash. Its like one normal pokemon... no flashs. But in the stats, there are the 3-stars.

TripleHGogeta
April 8th, 2004, 7:34 PM
thank all of you for your replies. you all have helped alot!

Teara
April 8th, 2004, 7:38 PM
You caught a zhiny Dusclops? Oooh! Lucky you! All I have on my Sapphire iz a zhiny Sandslash>,<
Glad we could help ^_^

Dark_Absol
April 8th, 2004, 7:40 PM
You caught a zhiny Dusclops? Oooh! Lucky you! All I have on my Sapphire iz a zhiny Sandslash>,<
Glad we could help ^_^

I have one shiny voltorb and one shiny spoink (now one shiny grumpig).
I dont know why is so dificult to find shinys in ru/sa...

Teara
April 8th, 2004, 7:46 PM
Spoink? Gah! You're zo lucky! Spoink iz one of my favorite Pokemon, I juzt have a normal Grumpig>,< But oh well^_-'''
Eeek! I go off topic too often @.@
*tapez mouth zhut, continuez to type*
Doh!
l83

Dark_Absol
April 8th, 2004, 7:50 PM
Heh, im lucky to find rare pokemon. When i beated the elite4 for the first time, latios appaered. So, flyed to fortree, moves to route 119 and... LATIOS! WOW! After the latios i get to new mauville and... Shiny Voltorb! Thats the "Lucky"!

Simon
April 8th, 2004, 8:35 PM
Gee...you people are lucky. All throughout GS and RS I've never seen a shiny pokemon. I might never. :(

bna_li
April 9th, 2004, 3:07 AM
Me neither... I think theres something wrong with my cart. It does flash, actually. I mean, I sharked one!

stewie&rupert
April 9th, 2004, 7:53 PM
I have one shiny voltorb and one shiny spoink (now one shiny grumpig).
I dont know why is so dificult to find shinys in ru/sa...

this was a good question,so good that no body could answer. why should it be sooooo hard to find an alternate color pokemon, i mean if u go into the grass a shiny pokemon stands out from all the rest, i mean a shiny pkmn is just like an albino animal. :P

(make-up)i think wat they should of done is that sometimes(1%/100%chance)there would be 3 little stars that would appear in the grass/cave/water u are in and will run away.it will be just a bit slower than your running shoes, just run after it and you'll run into a shiny pokemon(you also wont run into any other wild pokemon while these stars appear)but still its not eassy since as i noted above theres only a 1 out of 100 percent chance of this happening(end of make-up)

i hope theres a better chance in fr/lg.

TripleHGogeta
April 10th, 2004, 1:22 PM
Well I heard from gamefaqs.com on one of the FAQs for this game that its a 1 in 65536 chance of finding a shiny pokemon, and going off topic 3 out of 65536 to find a pokemon with Pokerus, I have found a Pokemon with Pokerus, but not a shiny yet. what I have noticed is the odds are 1 out of 65536 and 65536 is the last number slot in Microsoft Excel if I'm correct which probably doesnt mean anything but it might.

Wes The Snager
April 10th, 2004, 2:38 PM
teara not to be rude but why do you use Z's instead of S's
i have a shiny linoone and dustox

goku12
May 4th, 2004, 1:08 PM
I caught a light yellowish cascoon and evolved it.Dustox looks different, it has redish wings and can anyone tell me if it is a shiny.And I've only been playing for 101:41 when I caught it.

Shinin
May 4th, 2004, 1:11 PM
shiny pokemon stay shiny when they evolve

Jess
May 4th, 2004, 1:11 PM
Once the Rayquaza on my Zapphire game was Zhiny x.x

o_O Teara these Z`s rock..XD

Chocobo
May 4th, 2004, 4:24 PM
All You Need To Know About Shinys Is NEVER GO LOOK FOR THEM.They Will Come To You. And A Star Appears And Cicrcles The Poke That Is Shiny.

stewie&rupert
May 20th, 2004, 3:59 PM
yea but the stars are barly noticable. some shinys can stand out from the normal(cacnea) so u dont need to c stars to know wat it is. some shinys barely look different(linoone) and so u need a web site with a shiny list, so u may quickly c the difference and capture it.

http://upc.pkmn.co.uk/pictures/sapphire/sapphire.html
it takes long to load but its worth it, ur gonna thank me later=D
just open this site wen u run into an unoticable shiny and capture it.
NOTE:delibird and ryhorn might not appear

Mikoudi
May 20th, 2004, 4:32 PM
I have only gotten one shiny pokemon from R/S and that was a Groudon.

Aedan
May 21st, 2004, 1:10 AM
My pokemons actually had the pokerus yeaterday ^^

I have never caught a shiny pokemon in R/S though... but i caught a couple of shiny ones in G/S/C.. one of them was a shining Dunsparce, another was a shining Geodude.. Heh..

shining_light
May 21st, 2004, 8:04 AM
i got a stupid shiny spinda. the one shiny i have is my least fav pkmn. my luck huh?

Red Storm
May 23rd, 2004, 4:46 AM
Just keep training in the same areas and you'll eventually come across one. My recent shiny capture was a golden swablu.

ashley03
May 23rd, 2004, 5:12 AM
Just keep training in the same areas and you'll eventually come across one. My recent shiny capture was a golden swablu.

i caught a shiny magicarp.the only pokemon i wouldn't train was MY SHINY!!!! it was at level 4. is there only 1 shiny in a game?

Simon
May 23rd, 2004, 9:22 AM
There's an umlimited number of shinys in the game. You just need luck. It's like 1 out of 8725 chance of finding a shiny whenever you battle a wild pokemon. Or as awkwardsilence says..a 1 out of 60 thousand something chance.

Aiya Quackform
May 23rd, 2004, 10:26 AM
It should be noted that in RS (not sure about GSC) starters and legendaries have a higher chance of being shiney. One in around 350, as I recall. Not sure on the exact number, but it's a much lower ratio.

Intuition
May 23rd, 2004, 10:29 AM
Why do they make it so hard to find one?!! :disappoin

Simon
May 23rd, 2004, 12:25 PM
That's cause they just stand there and don't run around (with the exception of the Latis and dogs). I just kept reseting until I got my black Rayquaza, which didn't take long cause it was shiny on thr 6th or 8th try. It's also one of my only 2 shinys. The other one is a Salamence which is green I think.

AJHalliwell
May 27th, 2004, 1:49 PM
::screams extreamly loud in agony::
NOOOO! I let a shiney get away in the past! I didn't know to much about shiney's prior to reading this! And i let a Clamperl shiney get away! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
I WANT ONE NOW! I fought it for exp. points u.u what a waste....

LishaKara
May 29th, 2004, 5:45 PM
I have a measly stupid shiny pelliper.
MY BROTHER HAS A SHINY VIBRAVA THAT'S GONNA EVOLVE INTO A SHINY FLYGON.
*jealousy*

AJHalliwell
May 29th, 2004, 7:15 PM
*sniffle sniffle* i want a shiney anything. I'm despret. it's true though; if you go searching for a shiny, you'll never find one. I tried. I came across Latias twice though! (THAT was unexpected!) I'd settle for a shiney anything. I was trying for a Wingull. But I'd huv settled for a Shiney Tentacool. ANYTHIIIIING!
*Whine, cry, and complain!* Send dr.phil this way please...
...wait a minute. Is shiny in GSC to? I may have one! YAY! But i must find my silver cartridge first u.u