• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you type?

How do you type?

• Total voters

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
Years
It depends really. I look at the computer more but sometimes I look down to type. So I'll vote for I alternate between the two, but look at the computer more.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I sometimes look at the keyboard.... *shrug* It depends :3

Peach

Finnish Love ♥
Years
I alternate between the two, but I guess I look at the keyboard more XD

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
Years
with three fingers from each and(Index,middle,...and the other,less known finger..) alternating between looking at the keyboard and the screen...:nervous: ...I stink at typing,but I'm getting better I guess...:laugh:

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
By Pressing the Buttons!

Well that joke fell flat...normally both hands sometimes every finger, normally index and middle. I tend to look at the keyboard, but look up to check for mistakes...

Zone

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 10, 2006
I look at the computer, though I look at the keyboard to find the first key I press usually so that I can type all the right letters, kind of like how pianists need to find the right key before starting to play.

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
Years
I look at both, most usually at the keyboard. If I wasn't so careful about my spelling, grammar and punctuation I'd be looking at the keyboard from the first letter to the last full stop.

fallen_natsumixx

K a i o r a
Years
I hardly ever have to look at the keyboard. And I type pretty fast. (Which is strange because at my old school in computer, I was one of the most slowest typers in the class.)

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
Zone, your right about pianists, but the computer keyboard is different. Im a grade 5 (out of 8) pianist and I can play just by looking at the music sheets, but when it comes to typing, im glancing at the keyboard often.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Sometimes if I'm typing on an angle or something because of the way I'm sitting I'll need to look at the keyboard, but I can type just fine otherwise without looking at it. My only big quirk about typing is that I use the Caps Lock key to capitalize letters instead of Shift.

Zone

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 10, 2006
Maneachicken said:
Zone, your right about pianists, but the computer keyboard is different. Im a grade 5 (out of 8) pianist and I can play just by looking at the music sheets, but when it comes to typing, im glancing at the keyboard often.

I never said playing piano and using a computer keyboard are the same thing, just that the key finding thing is similar to how I need to look at it sometimes to start. Though sometimes I can just use the F and J keys (which, of course, have bumps) to get started instead of looking at it.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
Years
Since I've been typing since the third grade, I know exactly where the letters and dots on the keyboard are. However, when it comes to numbers (I have a laptop, remember) I totally stink. And since I erase my mistakes as soon as I write them, my text is usually errorless, except for a few embarrassing mistakes in the past.

Naminé

ナミネ..
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2011
Naminé does not have to look at the keyboard to type at all, except if there is a need to use numbers, such as typing out the precious é in her username. In those occassions, she will be forced to look down to see where the numbers are~

Karmillina

would kill for cookies
Years
you see, I use both indexes to type!!! XD yeah, I suck at typing...

I normally look at the keyboard as I type, but I ocassionally look at the monitor to look for mistakes...

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
I alternate between and mostly look at the keyboard. It's mostly out of habit though. I can type just fine without looking down. o.O

Back