PDA

View Full Version : tommorow...666???

Flabébé
June 5th, 2006, 07:57 PM
I am sorry but it is not 666. It is 6, 06, 06. June (6) the sixth. so technechally 06. 2006. (06) I am sick of hearing "ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!!" Because for Gods sake its not. It isn't all the 6's lined up in a row so shut up and get over it! Anyone agree? Dissagree? Talk about it.

Chase Leader
June 5th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Interesting anyone who claims they know when the world is gonna end should automatically be deemed crazy and out of their minds.

The only thing that the date has to do with anything tommorow is its the day the movie The Omen comes out..."scary"...lol...

[Technya]
June 5th, 2006, 09:51 PM
A dumb move in order to make people aware that the remake of (a rather boring and completely IMO stupid) movie. If nothing happened when it first came out nothing will happen now.

People just love to exaggerate things to a level where they turn paranoid. It's nothing more than the release date for a freaking movie, not the end of the world. And if they think they know when the world will end I will bow down at their feet 'cause there is no way to know when the world will end and I doubt it'll take a remake to make it happen.
This is most likely the work of paranoid religious nutcases <<

Shadow
June 5th, 2006, 09:52 PM
I drive for the first time today (tomorrow for some people).

That's the end of the world right there.

Sorry folks.

Kyosuke
June 5th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Since when was 6606 associated with Satan?

Shadow
June 5th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Since when was 6606 associated with Satan?
Since it is the closest date we will have to 666.

Unless a "zero month" is implemented.

Sure there will be as big a scare in 2666...

iamback
June 5th, 2006, 11:13 PM
Since 666 means "6th day of the 6th month of the 6th year"... This would be the date for that:
June 6, 0006. Of course, I don't believe in 666. If 666 was true, the world would've ended hundreds of years ago.

Ryoutarou
June 6th, 2006, 02:42 AM
It's happened 20 times in history already, and the world's still here, just as it will be in 100 years when this comes up again. And anyways, 666 is a modified 616 I think(the supposed "mark of the beast") and was a Jewish number, so why would it have any special significance on the Gregorian calendar of all things?

Squeegee Beckenheim
June 6th, 2006, 02:56 AM
To the Christians who are worried, let me help you. The Bible says no one knows when God will come and get us. So in saying that today is the day God will get us would be wrong because no one knows when it will be. I hope I clear this up for my fellow Christians on PC.

Neko
June 6th, 2006, 02:57 AM
Meh, I knew it wasn't true!XD ...*cough*

I didn't even KNOW today was 666 (and didn't really care) until the over-paranoid dudes at SRO mentioned it and kept posting about it and eventually got me paranoid for like, a few minutes or so. DX I know. It's dumb. Shoot me if you wish *dies* x___x;;;

Krafty Quill
June 6th, 2006, 02:58 AM
Well, fiction or not something bad happened to me today.

How did this whole 666 thing come about? I also heard somewhere the number is actually supposed to be 616.

Neko
June 6th, 2006, 03:02 AM
It has to do with the devil's number, or something like that x.X I don't read the bible, I wouldn't know...

..But hey; My guinea Piggy's tag say 666 on it XDDD (or maybe, 999?) but like, seriously, one day I was joking around with my mom and friend and saying it was 666 and not 999 (even though I think it was 999) and as soon as I did she liked, peeeed allllllllll over my bed xoX

YANNA'S THE DEVIIIIL!!!!!!

XD

Krafty Quill
June 6th, 2006, 03:07 AM
Yeah, I know that supposedly it's the Devil's Number. I just want to know how it got to be. Is it something the Bible happens to tell us?

Where the hell (excuse the pun) did you get that Guinea Pig's tag!? O_o

Neko
June 6th, 2006, 03:11 AM
XD My mom bought me my wittle piggy, and she had it on her when she was with the original owner (because she was a show piggy at the time and had to have a tag) and the tag NEVER comes off. So yeah, basicly she's worn that most of her life, and I've never seen her without it on (it's kinda freaky when you think of it lol) Make you wanna think she was BORN with it on XD

Krafty Quill
June 6th, 2006, 03:14 AM
O_o

A show Guinea piggy? You mean like jumping through hoops of FIRE? O_O

Gee, Wonder how it got so good....

That thing is evil I tell ya! EVIL! O_O

Dawg 2005
June 6th, 2006, 03:32 AM
If you think about it, it is not 666. It's actually 662006.

I know someone might say, "But it's 06/06/06!" Well the last '06 is short for 2006, therefore could not be 666.

666 happened on June 5, 6. The year 6.

END O' STORY. XD

Krafty Quill
June 6th, 2006, 03:46 AM
Yeah I think people are exagerating a little. Although it doesn't matter whether it is technically 06/06/2006, as long, as in commonfolk's abbreviation, the date can be presented as 6/6/6 we 'should' have reason to worry but seeing as we never only include the last number of the year, today can't be a true representation of 666. Sorry...

Neko
June 6th, 2006, 03:48 AM
XD Heey, maybe the world already ended and we just don't knooow? *dies* lol Like, some ALIEN people that were here before were saved by god and we, the devil left behind, is us! XD *shot down*

Ok..ok...j/k geez lol

Oh, and my piggy doesn't do THAT kinmda stuff XD It's not that kinda piggy; it's a SHOW piggy. It just sits there calmly (well, i shouldn't say calmly lol) in it's cage while judges look at it and alll the other piggys and decide which is best! :D

Krafty Quill
June 6th, 2006, 03:55 AM
Oh, that kind of Piggy. Phew *wipes forehead*

That's not a show piggy, that's what I call a show-off piggy. It just sits there and shows off it's adorable features in an attempt to MELT the judges' hearts so it can be declared the winner.

Melt? O_o

Suspicious...

As for your theory, it can't be right because people actually started counted the days since after Jesus first came. So that means there is no way that a civilazation could have already been taken in the space between that time and now without us knowing it.

Chikara
June 6th, 2006, 04:13 AM
Even if it was 666, nothing would happen. Its a day! There was a 666 before, and were all still here! Sure, its the Devils Birthday, but who gives a crap? Sure, the bible probibly says somethings gonna happen on 666, but it was kinda wrong the first time. It just gave us the Devil...

Ryoutarou
June 6th, 2006, 04:22 AM
Sure, its the Devils BirthdayNo it isn't. 616 is the number, but it's meant to be a date either way.

Dawson
June 6th, 2006, 04:45 AM
To the Christians who are worried, let me help you. The Bible says no one knows when God will come and get us. So in saying that today is the day God will get us would be wrong because no one knows when it will be. I hope I clear this up for my fellow Christians on PC.
If 666 were to be believed, I don't think many people will be expecting God to "come and get us". I don't get why people are going "OMG, it's the end of the world!" because as far as I know, the number 666 has nothing to do with the end of the world. 666 supposedly is the berth of the antichrist.

In the New Testament of the Bible, the number 666 is apparently branded onto every single person. And any person who doesn't have the mark is unable to buy or sell anything. kinda strange, but still nothing to do with the end of the world.

EmeraldSky
June 6th, 2006, 04:46 AM
I'm not panicing...I'm just leaving the end of time for God to decide, not some nutcase.

Aegis
June 6th, 2006, 05:20 AM
I don't give things like this to much thought. And anyway today is 6/6/06, and I'm still alive xP.

CopyCat :t335:

bna_li
June 6th, 2006, 05:49 AM
Whatever... I think those people who actually believe in it are weirdos..

Hantsuki
June 6th, 2006, 06:00 AM
It's rather amusing to see how many people actually believe in this stuff. Check this out. Most of the people that believe in this date, are usually persuaded by a friend or someone else (just like drugs or anything else that's bad). Most people don't say that they really think that it's the end of the world, but they say the same as the next person says just because that's what others are talking about. It's rather stupid actually. Now, if the world is really going to end today, in which case it won't since it is the day already and nothing has happened yet, you can all rub it in my faces which you won't be able to because you're dead XD

Also, remember how it turned a new millenium and how everyone became all crazy that the world is going to end? Look, that passed already and it's about six years lazy and people are coming up with another excuse to act crazy on this day. Just calm your insane minds down. If you want to "believe" on something bad is going to happen (whether it would be a small thing or a big thing) by all means, go ahead. It's your belief, your religion, etc. but don't try convincing people to get them in a panic. It's really stupid.

bna_li
June 6th, 2006, 06:02 AM
It's rather amusing to see how many people actually believe in this stuff. Check this out. Most of the people that believe in this date, are usually persuaded by a friend or someone else (just like drugs or anything else that's bad). Most people don't say that they really think that it's the end of the world, but they say the same as the next person says just because that's what others are talking about. It's rather stupid actually. Now, if the world is really going to end today, in which case it won't since it is the day already and nothing has happened yet, you can all rub it in my faces which you won't be able to because you're dead XD

Also, remember how it turned a new millenium and how everyone became all crazy that the world is going to end? Look, that passed already and it's about six years lazy and people are coming up with another excuse to act crazy on this day. Just calm your insane minds down. If you want to "believe" on something bad is going to happen (whether it would be a small thing or a big thing) by all means, go ahead. It's your belief, your religion, etc. but don't try convincing people to get them in a panic. It's really stupid.
But the world is gonna end! Satan will be here! ****, I'm gonna get my bazooka and blast his head off.

No.

That's just dumb...

Geometric-sama
June 6th, 2006, 06:13 AM
Since the calendar in common use has changed since that stuff was written, 06/06/06 according to their calendar was actually in 2002. ^_^ And, of course, every hundred years.

Chase Leader
June 6th, 2006, 08:46 AM
Would everyone quit trying to sound smart its getting really annoying...
(blah blah blah the date is 06062006 so its not 666) ahhh or this one maybe (blah blah blah it was technically this date when it happened...)

Its realy realy annoying...like I said above we can never know when the final day will come...he will come like a theif in the night, that must mean the world will be even more corrupt than it already is...a point where most everyone has forgotten about Christianity.

Its all to sad really.

wakachamo
June 6th, 2006, 09:00 AM
I dare say that you people are starting to get overreacted with this whole 666 bunch of crap.

Please do keep in mind that it's 666, not 06062006. The Book of Revelation talks about a 1st century person, not a 21st century event. You people are seriously losing your minds about this.

And whoever believes that this is a satanic day, I suggest you go get run over by a car and see if that's satanic. >_>;

The date has nothing to do with 666, and it is totally irrelevant, please do get a grip and be back to normal. >_>;

Ryoutarou
June 6th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Would everyone quit trying to sound smart its getting really annoying....Or you could just stop telling people what to do and stop reading the thread if it bothers you so much.

I don't mind it really, I find it funny that people are forgetting the fact that a Gregorian calendar shouldn't have any bearings on a Jewish number...or that it's 2006...or that the first six is simply short hand for June...or that the number was written in Hebrew as 616...or that it isn't meant to be "the end of the world". But whatever makes Fox money I guess.

y2k was a let down too, but then again, when people are stupid enough to believe 2000 was the first year of the new millennium, anything fools them I guess.

Flabébé
June 6th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Wow I didn't see this happening. Like most people I think that this is so retarded. If you believe were all going to die today, the psycho ward is probably still open. Try there. Nothing is going to happen. Get over it.

AnDrOmAn
June 6th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear SSAAATAAAAANNNNN
Happy birthday to you.

Ryoutarou
June 6th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear SSAAATAAAAANNNNN
Happy birthday to you.Yeah...don't post like that again.

Neko
June 6th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Oh, that kind of Piggy. Phew *wipes forehead*

That's not a show piggy, that's what I call a show-off piggy. It just sits there and shows off it's adorable features in an attempt to MELT the judges' hearts so it can be declared the winner.

And what is wrong with doing that I might ask? I've seen no show piggy in my life that can "jump through rings of fire"

...And that's proably why my piggy is so CUTEE!!! X3 (It's a teddy piggy (even a cute name lol) and it's reallly fuzzy and stuff x3)

No it isn't. 616 is the number, but it's meant to be a date either way.

So wait..then why, might I ask, did it change to 666? And why are people paranoid about 666 and not 616?? @___@;;;

Hinata
June 6th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Historically, '666' earned its reputation from a date where many Christian were persecuted for their belief; it was a true 'hell on earth,' hence the whole 666 phenomenon.

Neko
June 6th, 2006, 12:03 PM
o.O Ooo...that's baaad (for any of the strong believers out there. Eesh) So because of that people just like, dropped the whole 616 number?

Then thats kinda dumb, cause really 666 didn't come from ANYTHING other then a date of harrasment...not the devil's b-day. It probably wasn't mentioned in any bible, probably...<__< And here people are thinking that the world's gonna end when really it's not an improtant date (welll, I shouldn't say that, but really it's not like the day for doomsday, just a baad day for christain people)

D: Maybe christian people made up the whole 666 thing just to scare us now? Jeeez >.>

Lily
June 6th, 2006, 12:09 PM
'666' was dubbed the devil's number, not necessarily is.

It has nothing to do with Christians purposely trying to impose fear...simply the legend has gotten passed down one too many times.

Whiplash
June 6th, 2006, 12:17 PM
I swear 666 is taking over my life Im being cursed at school >_>, I got the numbers 666 in my stopwatch, I swear im being stalked now every forum I belong to are talking about it.

Krafty Quill
June 6th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Nothings wrong with your show piggy Kakashi. I was just teasing ^^

Is there anyone here who actually belives this stuff?

MegaFuz
June 6th, 2006, 12:57 PM
This is just another simple example of people over-dramatizing. Similar to the Y2K incident. Some people feel the need to latch onto ideas like this for one reason or another. The idea is passed on person by person and then you have a mass phenomenon. No reason to be worried. -_-

~Alakazam~
June 6th, 2006, 01:01 PM
It's rather amusing to see how many people actually believe in this stuff. Check this out. Most of the people that believe in this date, are usually persuaded by a friend or someone else (just like drugs or anything else that's bad). Most people don't say that they really think that it's the end of the world, but they say the same as the next person says just because that's what others are talking about. It's rather stupid actually. Now, if the world is really going to end today, in which case it won't [S-HIGHLIGHT]since it is the day already and nothing has happened yet[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Ah, but as one famous soothsayer once said, "Ay Caesar, (the ides of march have come) but not gone"

now apply it to this.

Actually, I don't believe in this nonsense. People are furthering it by discussing it. Until this blows over tomorrow morning, i'll be working on my romhack.

Persona
June 6th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Well, today is the "glorious" day. >>;

Hard to believe that people think that this day will be the end of the world. I mean come on, its the same thing every year.

Though, if people do believe in that, then I should respect of their beliefs. But I think its just any other day of the year and of this month in my opinion.

Merzbau
June 6th, 2006, 01:05 PM
I saw people all day who never believed the Bible in their lives but believed that today was going to be the day that the world was going to end...

I personally don't think that anything's going to happen today. And besides, if God was going to take the world away today, then it's not like we can change it, so why worry? If you're right with him, then you may end up being better off after the world is gone...just a thought...

I bet they won't believe it tomorrow.

Krafty Quill
June 6th, 2006, 01:06 PM
What's really puzzling here is that everybody is condeming those who believe it yet there are no people here that believe it!

Who's going to be brave and own up to their beliefs? Anybody here actually believes this stuff?

Dawg 2005
June 6th, 2006, 01:09 PM
y2k was a let down too, but then again, when people are stupid enough to believe 2000 was the first year of the new millennium, anything fools them I guess.
Even as a little kid I thought the whole Y2K thing was all stupid.

I heard of people hiding in their basements and such. XD

I don't think anything like that will happen again, well at least not that reaction...

Lord Mike
June 6th, 2006, 03:50 PM
What has the world come to these days?

Chiru
June 6th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Oh, yeah, about that. My friend Satan* had to visit her grandma today, so she couldn't kill you all. It's a shame, really - I wanted to help. Maybe another day, hmm?

Yeah, it was fun running around yelling "New World Order!" and telling everyone to have a nice apocalypse, but I didn't really think anything was going to happen. In fact, I woke up this morning to find that I was still alive, the rapture hadn't happened, the sky wasn't red, and there weren't angels with trumpets flying around everywhere (:(). Besides, it was never 6606 everywhere on earth. In some parts of the world, 6606 was yesterday.

(I may have actually believed this at some point last year, so I'm not dissing the people who do/did. I just see this as a big joke from any point of view now.)

* = inside joke

Gary, the Magic Fairy
June 6th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Happy birthday to you.*lol*

Since 666 means "6th day of the 6th month of the 6th year"... This would be the date for that:
June 6, 0006Actually, the 6th day of the 6th month of the 6th year would have been on June 6, 2005. Year 2000 would have been the 1st year, 2001=2nd, 02=3rd, 03=4th, 04=5th, and 2005=6th. So if your going by that, you're a year late.

If anything was going to happen, you'd think it would have been at either 7:06 AM/PM(6:66) or 6:00 AM/PM

MegaFuz
June 6th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Oh, yeah, about that. My friend Satan* had to visit her grandma today, so she couldn't kill you all. It's a shame, really - I wanted to help. Maybe another day, hmm?

Yeah, it was fun running around yelling "New World Order!" and telling everyone to have a nice apocalypse, but I didn't really think anything was going to happen. In fact, I woke up this morning to find that I was still alive, the rapture hadn't happened, the sky wasn't red, and there weren't angels with trumpets flying around everywhere (:(). Besides, it was never 6606 everywhere on earth. In some parts of the world, 6606 was yesterday.

(I may have actually believed this at some point last year, so I'm not dissing the people who do/did. I just see this as a big joke from any point of view now.)

* = inside joke

Ahaha. That is classic. If I would have been clever enough to think of that, I would have been harassing people as well. "Have a nice apocalypse!!" XD Wow, that is just too funny.