PDA

View Full Version : Ruby hack: Pokemon Mauve: The Era Of Darkness

Innagadadavida
June 16th, 2006, 01:13 AM
http://i5.tinypic.com/14jq72u.jpg

Welcome to the official Pokemon Mauve: The Era Of Darkness thread!

Pokemon Mauve (previously known as Pokemon Isthmis: TEOA) is a hack of Emerald version. It's a Mauve Hacks Inc. production, under the supervision of Cosmic Hacks Inc.

StoryIn 2004 secret illegal experiments were being held on an isolated island. Amature scientists were mixing and matching Pokemon DNA and fusing Pokemon to make new and more powerful Pokemon. Two years later, something went horribly wrong. They tried to make a new Pokemon using the forbidden Mewtwo files. Scientists tried to combine the brute strength of Charzard, with the intangibility of Gengar, and the intelligence of Mewtwo. Much to their demise, the experiment worked. They managed to keep this new Pokemon captive for only two days before it began to ask itself why it had to obey the humans. Gengazard destroyed the lab, free'd all of the fused Pokemon and now roams free causing trouble in anyway it can to People. Especially people belonging to the Pokemon League.

You are 10 years old, your family moved to a quaint small town called Sigphindale. You venture out to introduce yourself to your neighbors. Yadda yadda yadda, now you have to save the world.

Don't worry about the part I casually skipped over, you will know what happens, in time! XD

Features
Hopefully a new Hero(ine)
Over 50 NEW Pokemon
Edited Hoenn Region
MORE TO COME!!!

Screenshots
http://i5.tinypic.com/14ky96q.png http://i5.tinypic.com/14ky98g.png
http://i6.tinypic.com/14ky9eq.png http://i5.tinypic.com/14ky9ax.png
http://img15.imgspot.com/u/06/309/18/kantomap1162856731.GIF

HELP!
So far we are very small, and desperately need help. Mostly scripters. Any scripter who can help, we would appreciate it so very much. And we will some how find a way to give the credit and respect you deserve. As well as give you a reward (maybe to be the champion of the Elite Four, or something of that matter).

However we also require the aid of some decent spriters, mostly spriters who are good at mixing and matching Pokemon (is this a first or what!?). On this thread we are holding a competition, post your best mixed Pokemon sprites, or completely NEW Pokemon (preferably front and back images) winners will be dubbed gym leaders, and the spriter who makes the coolest looking Pokemon might get to be a member of the Elite Four.

Beta testers. Nuff said.

Ideas! We're still in early development, we have plenty of time to add or subtract from our already FANTASTIC story. Any suggestions at all are always welcome.

We also need help from everyone else. If you plan on playing our game, or taking ANY part at all in the development, it would help us GREATLY if you put one of the following User Bars in your signature and link to this page.
http://i5.tinypic.com/14l1nq1.gif
http://www.nonamed.com/~christian/images/supportmauve.gif
Most people might be thinking that we're only using it for advertising, and while this may be partialy true, seeing this banner in another user's signature would help give us inspiration. Reminds us that we have people waiting to see our finished product, and could give us that extra push to finish this game, with quality. Also the more people who know about our game, the better.

Team
Mauve Hacking Inc. isn't your average team who is going to start and not finish. Unless we all die, this hack is going to be finished come hell or high water. Actually if Hell came we probably wouldn't be able to finish. And water would wreck our computers... We are going to finish this hack, come anything but Hell or high water... And/or death.
This is our current team.

Gengazard
Manager
Director
Mapper
Story Development
Scripting

Innagadadavida
Assistant Manager
Assistant Director
Spriter
Story Development

Beta Testers
Skeetacular

Comments and feedback are appreciated!

NOTE:Map of Kanto is for Pokemon Mauve: Dank Jungle

AquaLeaderMatt
June 16th, 2006, 05:14 AM
Wow, looks great! Has a pretty sound storyline. The screens are quite good too. I could BETA Test if you want. Kepp up the good work!

tome15
June 16th, 2006, 05:37 AM
wow great hack
i can do maps and tiles for you if u want
just pm me and i will help you

Blazichu
June 16th, 2006, 05:39 AM
Good Game except there are many glitches in the Maps, such as May battling you can battle her a thousand times, getting out of the truck the first time and after wally talks to your dad he walks over trees when going for his first Pokemon. I would like to be a mapper please? First of all does the Elite Map work for this rom because it is Pokemon Emerald?

Innagadadavida
June 16th, 2006, 05:45 AM
Good Game except there are many glitches in the Maps, such as May battling you can battle her a thousand times, getting out of the truck the first time and after wally talks to your dad he walks over trees when going for his first Pokemon. I would like to be a mapper please? First of all does the Elite Map work for this rom because it is Pokemon Emerald?

The Beta you played is an older version, if you noticed, it was still called Pokemon Ithsmis. The ROM we used to make that Beta crashed and we had to start over. Unfortunatly we don't have current screenshots, but we are working on getting some ASAP.

Chris-h11
June 16th, 2006, 05:46 AM
For the first screenshot, to go down maybe you could use those cave stairs

And i'll be a beta tester if thats what you were hinting at when you said "beta testers"

Innagadadavida
June 16th, 2006, 05:52 AM
I'll have to ask Gengazard about the Beta testing and Mapping guys, he's the real guy in charge here.

wirodeu
June 16th, 2006, 07:12 AM
Looks great! I LOVE THE STORY!
Gengazard!!!!
I would like to be beta tester?
------------------
Greetz wiro

ShrimpPopper4life
June 16th, 2006, 08:07 AM
If you would like I could help beta test,
I am a bit new to hacking but I have started making my own hack and could use some more experience before I go into having people beta test my hack when it gets to that point.
Thanks,
Chris

RoxasHalf
June 16th, 2006, 08:11 AM
I love the storyline and the maps are cool too. but put new tiles, and show some sprites
keep doing that!read ya

Mr.Roserade
June 16th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Hey screens look great!!!!!!!! Am i already a beta tester for previous reasons??

Har D Har
June 16th, 2006, 09:33 AM
May I please be a Beta Tester and Mapper because I am awesome at finding glitches and an ok mapper. Please! I need something to do in my spare time:(

Chris-h11
June 16th, 2006, 08:08 PM
I made my own version of the Pokemon Mauve Userbar:
http://www.nonamed.com/%7Echristian/images/supportmauve.gif
http://www.nonamed.com/~christian/images/supportmauve.gif

InKVit
June 17th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Can either beta test or map genga, ask if you need either

Innagadadavida
June 17th, 2006, 02:44 PM
I don't know why Gengazard hasn't posted anything yet, I won't be able to reply to you all for a week. I'm going on vacation. Hopefully he'll be back soon. Thanks for the extra user bar Chris.

To people who asked to map:
I'm not sure if we need you. Gengazard has been doing the mapping, I don't know how that works, if we need more than one mapper, so he'll have to get back to you on that.

To people who asked to Beta test:
It's cool with me. I don't think we'll need more than 15.

HackMaster72
June 17th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Hey Innangadavida, I can sprite, script,beta test, and if needed map. Please PM me if I can help.

Matilira
June 17th, 2006, 05:56 PM
I can sprite, do mapping, and text editing. Here is sprites.

Combination:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i110/Matilira/b3f920bb.png

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i110/Matilira/92b925ee.png

Shadow:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i110/Matilira/emespr212.png

Colored:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i110/Matilira/b8666b16.png

Custom:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i110/Matilira/c79bda9e.png

Zacceh
June 18th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Omg. People, I'M the one to ask to join Mauve Hacking inc. No more mappers I do NOT feel like sending the file to anyone. Yes all of you can be Beta testers. And i someone can find out how to make the Zigzagoon event a Mew event, i'll be your best friend, I will LOVE you! lol. Matilria, you are now a spriter for Mauve Hacking Inc. Chris, thank you for the new userbar! A beta will be realesed later today. I have a few glitches to take care of. I don't know what to do about the May event other than use the script offset that makes her go to Littleroot. Btw people, I was gone for the weekend so I couldn't post. Weekedns I won't be here because...well...moving...sucks...lol. Anyway beta will hopefully be released a little later today. Still stuff to be fixed. Also, if someone can tell me why when I position may and Birch in AdvanceMap, they are there throughout the whole game, please PM me. Btw, the next beta probably won't have fixed text because I haven't downloaded the Advanced Text file yet. I will do that soon. Thank you for reading this.

•Gengazard•

P.S. I will try my hardest to fix Littleroot back to the screenshots shown!

HackMaster72
June 18th, 2006, 01:32 PM
I can change that event! Im a good scripter so i can do a lot of event editing.

SephirothX
June 22nd, 2006, 02:33 PM
May I beta test? I'm also a decent splicer, I can mix Pokemon pretty well. I was hoping for a good reason to splice Charizard and Dragonite, if you'd like that. I can also give you a mixed form of Deoxys. PM me after I post the sprites and tell me what you think.

Har D Har
June 22nd, 2006, 03:11 PM
Gengazard may I please be a Beta Tester?

SephirothX
June 22nd, 2006, 03:20 PM
OK, here's those splices I promised you!
http://x2.putfile.com/6/1721817109.pngA new form of Deoxys andhttp://x2.putfile.com/6/17218174142.pngDragozard, a combo of Dragonite and Charizard (if you need pre-evos of it, let me know;)).

HackMaster72
June 22nd, 2006, 07:02 PM
ok i just received a PM from Gengazard that the project is currently being halted.

Innagadadavida
June 25th, 2006, 05:21 PM
It's NOT being halted. If it was I'm sure Gengazard would have told me.

Zacceh
June 26th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Dustin(or w/e your name is), you were away so I wouldn'y bother tellinng you and I didn't know when you we're comming back. And people, the reason the project is being halted is because (gulp) runescape has sucked me into it's really fun ways!!!

Innagadadavida
June 27th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Well, I can take over. Right?

Martin Yiu
June 27th, 2006, 09:15 PM
...Hi!
This hack looks promising, so the most stupid thing to do is to halt the project because of some game (It's Runescape game? I think it is, but...). Maybe it's not fun anymore, no time. I do my hack even if it is no fun, because I know that in the end it will look very good, and it will be MY hack that I can proudly show to PC.

So, Innagadadavida, I wish you good luck with continuing project.

... Have a nice day! :D

Innagadadavida
June 27th, 2006, 11:41 PM
Oh yeah. I just finished our website. This is my first website involving PHP (WordPress).

http://mauve.co.nr/

Any suggestions for content?

Tornado212
June 28th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Uh... I can help with spriting if you still have a spot. I can't post images, but if you PM me, we can work something out if you want to see an example. I've been spriting for about 3-4 years.

Enix-Zae
June 28th, 2006, 07:45 PM
ok, ill sprite you a pokemon (just so i can be a gym leader or in the elite four XD)

yeah, my hack is pokemon chaos black. So there are sprites i ahve done around and such

But i just need to know what you want with the pokemon.

I'll also put myself down as a beta tester if you would like.

Its your choice afterall (Innagadadavida, not you, unless you ARE Innagadadavida in which ignore this)

EDIT

heres your pokemon.

Berikil -

high speed base stats

Normal/flying type

jumps then glides on its ears

MUST HAVE HIGH JUMP KICK

Sharanza
June 29th, 2006, 12:55 AM
awesome sprite and great hack

Amachi
June 29th, 2006, 01:47 AM
Wow. I usually don't like fakemon (I actually hate them), but this is darn good.

Except it looks too real (not cartoony like a pokemon).

Zacceh
June 29th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Hm...ok there is room for a spriter some might even over power each other and albino moltres better post here }:(
Anyways yes it is runescape NOBODY FALL FOR THEIR SHANNANIGANS!!! Also Sugimori I never would have expected you to say that about a hack by spammy spammy off-topicy boy. lol. Anywayz ima try to get back to work today and am trying to fix up the messed up pieces of sigphindale. Parts like...where the hero(ine) gets out of the truck/thin-air. and trying to fix the may event although that's not too much of a problem. Btw, if ANYBODY I say A-N-Y-B-O-D-Y knows how to make the zigzagoon event a mew event, please tell me!
Thank you everybody that reads this and please help with this hack in some way

Innagadadavida
June 29th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Alright so we are back on. No comments about the site :(. Anyway, I'ma try ta' git a forum up tonight.

@Enix-Zae
That sprite... RULES. It would be awesome to have your help. Just like to add that there is too much of a difference in contrast between your darkest brown and the black as far as the edges go. I think it would look better if you made the outlining brown color slightly darker, and the black a little more brown. Great job though. :D

@Tornado212
We could definitely use you too. 3-4 years has got to mean something. Lets see some of your work. Upload them to tinypic.com and post a link (w/o the www). It sucks being new.

Enix-Zae
June 29th, 2006, 07:02 PM
@Enix-Zae
That sprite... RULES. It would be awesome to have your help. Just like to add that there is too much of a difference in contrast between your darkest brown and the black as far as the edges go. I think it would look better if you made the outlining brown color slightly darker, and the black a little more brown. Great job though. :D

ja, i too thaught that. But was too lazy to change it.

i could probably do some sprites for this hack every now and then, but between my own hack and someone who asked me yesterday, your third on my list (not that thats a bad thing, ive almost done all the new pokemon in my hack, and i only make that guy a sprite when a person puts the i support thing for my hack in their sig {which i have not told him yet, but oh well})

so yeah, if you want some guy's, just pm me a description of them or something, and ill get around to them

also, Put i support pokemon chaos black in your sig, and il put mauve in mine XD

Zacceh
July 2nd, 2006, 09:07 PM
omg runescape...so...addictive...must...break...away..ok guys just to let you know I have a few handles incase you have any questions about the hack.
Private messaging
Aim-WertWertMan
Runescape-Yentan
DS-Only if you live Around the columbia SC area (chances of that?)
I have set up an e-mail however I'm not sure how to check it because I set it up via yahoo. SO I need to check on that. Anywayz there are my messaging handles and btw people i'm not always on AIM.
Another thing, I was gone over the weekend and might be gone next weekend so I haven't had time to work on the hack
EDIT: I got stuff done but the hack is glitchy... sry but there's even more delay han I had previously assumed..

Innagadadavida
July 8th, 2006, 11:28 PM
Just a reminder about the official website. Please join our forums.

http://www.mauve.co.nr

Voltage
July 8th, 2006, 11:40 PM
I'll beta test if you want. Also even though I'm still learning, I'd love to script for you.

BuoyselLover
July 24th, 2006, 04:06 PM
This is an interesting-looking hack. I'll keep an eye out for it!

prophet789
August 8th, 2006, 01:58 AM
This is a great hack. Can I be a beta tester? I know im a bit late asking, but I fairly new. I am also starting to make my own hack.

Liquinn
August 8th, 2006, 02:17 AM
Heya, If it was me personally. I'd get atleast one person to help you with texting, mapping and a bit of spriting. Then you get to feel you made 50% of the game instead of getting the feel you only made 10% of the game. I know this beacause I have a rom hack and it's better if you feel you have made it, not getting it done in a week and letting 50 people do it.

On Topic: Good hack, I wouldant mind been a texter, Mapper or a BETA TESTER. :)

Liquinn.

Zacceh
October 14th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Ok i could've sworn this hack was started a year ago...hmm...well anywayz *just now realizing that the thread is 2 months old* the hack's back on and all of my data is *amazingly* still in my files so i still have the Sigphindale and Ceader Knolls data. I haven't workied on this hack in a while so bear with me people. Sigphindale still has house glitches. I'll try to post screenies *also noticing that half of Mauve Hacking Inc. isn't here anymore* Ima need a bigger crew even though i just realized Innagadadavida still comes around. Well i gotta get back to work.
Welcome back Gengazard!
Why thank you random people!

Please don't close this! ;.;

DarkArcz
October 15th, 2006, 05:43 AM
Your hack looks great! I haven't heard of a plot involving genetically modified pokemon wreaking havok unto the world in a long time.... its such a beautiful plot... XD

Zacceh
October 15th, 2006, 05:56 PM
xD Thanks. Its gonna take a boatload of scripting though.
Which reminds me, a small example of scripting that needs done is-
At the beginning of the game with the Zigzagoon event, i need someone who can change that to a Mew event. So Scripting jobs are still available. Screeenies of Sigphindale and route 101 will be up in a few mins. Beta of the updated version will be up later on.

.::EDIT::.
Alot of glitches there at the very begginning. The truck is out of place and is mis-colored, The little girl near Route 101 doesn't work right. and I NEED SOMEONE WHO CAN CHANGE ZIGZAGOON INTO MEW! o.O Ceader Knolls has a rock glitch so im gonna fix these things BEFORE I realease the first Beta. NOTE-The first beta only goes to Route 103 I THINK. I'll have to check up on that. Any way i still need your full support!

.::EDIT2::.
I realize that around July and August we had alot of people asking to do mapping and beta testing. There will be no assigned beta testers as i will simply post the beta here. Mapping is all me. I just wanted to clear that up.

.::EDIT3::.
Ok I got some overworld editing done. The hero and heroine look differant now. Im gonna TRY to make Rayquaza into Gengazard but that'll be a huge challenge. Thanks for your time.

.::EDIT4::.
Deleted all previous Mauve data. Starting on a fresh ROM. Im sorry about all of the delays but im changing the story a little bit. Again, sorry for the delays

~!~Gengazard~!~

Ok people tragic incident...the hack is suspended until i can find a website that actually LETS you download roms...i used to go to one and i deleted the emerald ROM to start fresh. So um..unless the rules change and someone can give me a link to an Emerald ROM, the project's off. Also, i have no ruby or sapphire roms and it just plain wont work with FireRed so...sorry to anyone who was waiting on this hack...

Pazuzu
October 15th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Sorry to hear that, but ROMs will still not be supplied to you in this forum.

If you decide to continue the work on your Hack, feel free to PM me or Jeremy to re-open this thread for you, within a 1-year period.

But until then,

~closed~

Pazuzu
October 20th, 2006, 01:14 PM
The thread is hereby re-opened, as requested by the Hack maker.

Good luck with your Hack.

~re-opened~

Zacceh
October 20th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Thanks again scizz. Anyways people i changed the hack to FireRed and i'm thinking about changing the name. If so the name will be changed to:
Pokémon Mauve: Dank Jungles

Gengazard will still be featured along with most of the orgional ideas. Zxygan Town (formally Pallet Town) Is no longer accessable via water. this game will feature alot of caves and trees. Like a jungle. there are only a few very large buildings. Oak's Lab is about medium. Yours and Gary's houses will have a cave byte. Some Hoenn Pokémon will be featured. Jhoto Pokémon will also be featured. And there might be new Routes and Towns!

QUICK POLL---------------------------------------------------------------
Should i cut out Viridian Forest? 0 votes
Should it stay and become a cave? 0 votes
Should it stay as-is? 0 votes
PM me what you vote for and help me improve the game!

Thank you for your time!

~!~Gengazard~!~

Enix-Zae
October 22nd, 2006, 06:00 PM
Oh, so this hack is bak in action?

I vote keep it as a forest.

(mainly coz i changed it to a cave in my hack, and without it, it removes a bit of diversity)

TreeckoLv.100
October 22nd, 2006, 06:07 PM
I agree with Enix-Zae. It should stay a forest. Like when you enter the warp, that is one nice forest picture, I like that. But, anyway, yeah, I vote keep it a forest.

Zacceh
October 23rd, 2006, 06:11 PM
Ok 2 votes to keep it a forest. Thanks guys. Ok you know what poll closed. xD. Anyways Enix the hack IS back in action except its a differant VERSION of Mauve.
The One for Emerald is pretty much travel around the Edited Hoenn region and capture the fusion Pokémon and end the tyrany by either defeating or capturing and taming the mega-powerful Gengazard.
The current one for FireRed will be to explore the Jungles and find the secrets of Pokémon. Yes there will be a mega-uber. But what it will be shall remain a secret! ;)
Anyways the reason for the version switch is (as i've more than likely mentioned)--I deleted my emerald version and started fresh on FireRed. The FireRed ROM needs work but im workin' so...meh...anyways thanks for the little bit of support thats being given!

Amachi
November 4th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Well it's good that you're working in FireRed now - RSE graphics are crap in my opinion.

And, just as a suggestion, maybe you should start a new thread, since this one does contain outdated info.

Good luck dude.

Zacceh
November 6th, 2006, 01:32 PM
;2282662']Well it's good that you're working in FireRed now - RSE graphics are crap in my opinion.

And, just as a suggestion, maybe you should start a new thread, since this one does contain outdated info.

Good luck dude.Im tryin to update but im working on about 1000 things at once. Right now im experimenting with rsball to see what i can come up with. SO far 2 of my ROM's have crashed xD I made backups(finally!) so no delay. Now i gotta figure out unLZ...i'll post updates when i have em'!

Thanks again for all of your support everyone!

~!~Gengazard~!~

TreeckoLv.100
November 6th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Wow, experiment away. It looks like it'll take some time for you get back up, but as you know you, I'm supporting you all the way. By the way...where's that banner? {adds banner to sig}

Zacceh
November 6th, 2006, 02:28 PM
xD thanks Treecko! O.K. Everyone I updated the Kanto Map. Articuno's Place is now GONE but is replaced by*drumroll* Legendary Island! Yes Legendary island is now accessable! For those of you who don't know, Legendary Island is the island that hosts the three legendary birds. Articuno to the north, Moltres to the west, and Zapdos to the east. I may have saved you a trip across Kanto for the birds, however the Pokémon inside the homes of the legends will be strong. And the Birds will be stronger than before so brace yourselves! Im gonna post the new map in a few minutes!
Sry Treecko forgot that the island was your idea! O.K. so credit to Treecko for the island idea!

TreeckoLv.100
November 6th, 2006, 02:37 PM
A few minutes huh? I don't know if I can wait that long! Just so excited! Nice idea for the Legendary Island and birds....hmmm didn't I suggest that? Doesn't matter now.

Zacceh
November 6th, 2006, 03:12 PM
O.K. here's the New(but only slightly improved) Lyveriance(new Kanto)!!!

http://img15.imgspot.com/u/06/309/18/kantomap1162856731.GIF

Comments anyone?

TreeckoLv.100
November 6th, 2006, 03:35 PM
I like it, but you really didn't have to give me credit, but thanks anyway buddy. Oh since you're not on msn right now, I can't show you something. So I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to show you. I think you'll really like this surprise.

Zacceh
November 6th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Ok Next update'll be either tomorrow or in a few days. im goin back through with a clean ROM and am gonna redo everything. Route 1 (Safari Pass) will be hard to fix but i'll try to do it. AGain (for about the 17th time) thanks for all of your support and patience!

~!~Gengazard~!~

zel 2.0
November 6th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Hey, good luck with your project. I guess it's tough to work on something with a team, and then the team disbands. That's why I'm giving you a cheer up message. The story is quite interesting to lose it. I hope you dont need to close/reopen once more (and... stay away from runescape, it seems evil... :D)

ptudia
November 6th, 2006, 07:45 PM
good photoshopping with title, game looks great keep it up!

Zacceh
November 6th, 2006, 08:57 PM
O.K. I doodled around in paint while my mom was downloading songs onto iTunes and i came up with a new banner and a random pic that supports Mauve! Here they are!

http://img15.imgspot.com/u/06/310/00/MauveBanner1162878519.PNG

http://img15.imgspot.com/u/06/310/00/MauvePic1162878764.PNG

Add em' to your sig if you want! It'll show more support!
Thanks again everyone!

~!~Gengazard~!~

Yes, i too realize that they're a hunk of s**t...but it's the best i could come up with...
I SHALL TRY AGAIN!!!

zak
November 11th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Keep it up gengazard, the storylinez gr8 i wana play the game lol!

If you need help you got my msn just ask,

Crosell
November 18th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Can i join this hack as a spriter i wanna do something with hacks lately i am not a bad Pokemon spriter i can help u make a few new pokemon Pm me :D