PDA

View Full Version : would you play an old school R/S/E???

enyce
June 28th, 2006, 10:18 PM
http://www.pokesho.com/ira/0602.html

I saw that pic at pokesho. Then I thought this might be interesting.

Eon-Rider
June 28th, 2006, 10:41 PM
WTF! No way I'd play a game like that.

enyce
June 28th, 2006, 11:08 PM
RSE with downgraded graphics

lmao awesome just awesome...lol at that GB version of petalburg

Amoblaz
June 28th, 2006, 11:56 PM
I'd might give it a try, aslong as it's not as glitched as r/b

Ria
June 29th, 2006, 12:32 AM
Wow O.o Jeez, I dunno... I guess I'd play it and love it if I hadn't played the better version before, but I don't know if I could get used to it after the great graphic from RSE... especially Emerald, where pokies move, and the pokeball glitters when you catch one. ( a detail, yeah, but still ^^; )

Lathspell
June 29th, 2006, 05:25 AM
Dunno, if it was good, I'd play it, but in Japanese?? I think not...But since it's just a lame version of R/S, probably not. I would have played GSC, since there is no newer version, but R/S again...no.

Red1530
June 29th, 2006, 07:24 AM
Yes I would because it looks interesting to play.

Demonta
June 30th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Woah, that looks interesting though downgraded graphics does look terrible.

Rioku_Zanketa
June 30th, 2006, 12:50 PM
depends....if it came out instead of R,B,andY,.....yea!

but since it would probably have the same music team,probably not...

aragornbird
June 30th, 2006, 01:50 PM
~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

I don’t care if it has crap graphics, this downgraded R/S looks really awesome in a slightly nostalgic sense. Remember that R/B/Y was a very different game because of stuff like Blizzard having 90% accuracy and Hyper Beam not having to recharge if you KO the opponent. If they keep those mechanics, old R/S can prove be a totally different experience in some ways.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

enyce
June 30th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Blizzard had 90% accuracy???

I didnt know that

Kraka-chan
July 1st, 2006, 01:35 AM
Are these actual images from an actual game, or is it a fake?

Although it'd be nice to play a "retro style" R/S/E game, I find the old Pokemon games too slow now. If my Super Game Boy had a speed-up thing like in Pokemon Stadium, I'd really want to play it.

enyce
July 1st, 2006, 11:39 AM
Are these actual images from an actual game, or is it a fake?

Although it'd be nice to play a "retro style" R/S/E game, I find the old Pokemon games too slow now. If my Super Game Boy had a speed-up thing like in Pokemon Stadium, I'd really want to play it.

Its fake, its an fan made image

Pokemon Master 4ever
July 1st, 2006, 12:33 PM
If it was real I would buy it and never ever sell that game,it looks a lil' better in 2D i would say.
Would they be making a 2D pokemon R/S/E game.

Demonta
July 1st, 2006, 03:09 PM
r/s/e is 2d, but that game does look amazing, as a shelf collecter item not as a proper game though.

Kraka-chan
July 2nd, 2006, 12:19 AM
Its fake, its an fan made image
It's fake? Awww, that's a shame!

Anyway, it would be good if the future releases were given a slightly retro look (like R/B/Y). And the beepy music too (just a thought).

encyclopediajm
July 2nd, 2006, 05:32 PM
Its fake, its an fan made image.I dont think this pic is a fake. I mean the Trainers above that are in color seem to look like the real trainers. so...no...i dont think this is a fake at all.

enyce
July 2nd, 2006, 05:49 PM
.I dont think this pic is a fake. I mean the Trainers above that are in color seem to look like the real trainers. so...no...i dont think this is a fake at all.

Its called photoshop. Yes it is fake. I got it from a fansite. Wich makes fan pictures. This is a fan-made image. That happens to be good. It happens to look real. When it is not.

Yes, technology is great like that.

dkw0101
July 3rd, 2006, 09:04 PM
woah is that ralts in there

enyce
July 3rd, 2006, 09:11 PM
woah is that ralts in there

Yeah it is. Gardevior probably isnt as sexy in retro form

XD

Neo Android
July 4th, 2006, 03:07 AM
Personally i enjoyed R/S and currently playing Emerald again. I wouldnt however play a game like that with all the enhancements (DS,GBA) But if it was released when Blue and Red was then i would of been the first to buy it ^^

Drifblim
July 4th, 2006, 03:38 AM
That? One, that's one of the worst Ken Sugimori imitations I've ever seen (and you thought Grimer was bad). Two, something like that....Well, it'd be interesting to see what it'd look like if we remained in the Game Boy stages, but just playing that if it came out like that, of course not.

Hiroshi Sotomura
July 4th, 2006, 03:43 AM
The point of this thread, and the misleading belief that this is even real would twist a lot of things. The nature of a thread like this to be here? To stay open, even? I think not.

Should it be iterated that it's fake, and it's been implied so?