PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Black gains Chinese illegal awareness

Hiroshi Sotomura
July 1st, 2006, 07:22 AM
[url-inline="showthread.php?t=38787"]This particular hack[/url-inline] has apparently gained the idiotic attention of some Chinese morons who've been looking around different forums to steal hacks and output them in China.

Go to Pokémon.com (http://pokemon.com), click Mailbag, and view the "International Edition!" mailbag. It's phenominal. @_@;

For the lazy ones:
To Pokémon USA: I am a student currently studying in China and I picked up a copy of Pokémon Chaos Black for Game Boy Advance SP. I have been playing it for a few hours and eventually got stuck. When I went to look for a walkthrough I realized that most people have never even heard of this game.

From Pokémon USA: A lot of people haven't heard about it because Pokémon Chaos Black is not an official licensed Pokémon game - it's an illegal knock-off.

The thought of our hacks being sold as betas in the black market over there. These retards are making money off our work!

... please tell me rijonAdventures is NOT on their market. I can't stand it. @_@;

ssj
July 1st, 2006, 07:26 AM
Thats wrong people work hard on hacks and they just get taken and sold I wonder how many hacks are in the black market right now I heard it was on ebay a while back as well.

Xenesis
July 1st, 2006, 08:49 AM
Wow. Unscrupulous gits will attempt to make money off of anything.

tog5632
July 1st, 2006, 09:32 AM
Hey, while angry I would feel a bit flattered that my hack is wanted that badly. :D
It is kinda creepy though...

viridian doubletongue
July 1st, 2006, 11:18 AM
This is.. In a word. Disgraceful.

At least they could of made their own illegal knock off.

Spazzup
July 1st, 2006, 12:40 PM
This is making me begin to have second thoughts about showcasing hacks (or at least public betas) on PC. x_x;

The fact that they're making profits from this is disgusting. I also hope that rijonAdventures isn't being sold. Hopefully they'll stop and focus on some other game but that's more than highly unlikely. ;|

Chizzy
July 1st, 2006, 12:50 PM
Oh No! Oh No! Selling our Time, Work, sweat and Money? Thats disgraceful, but i suppose we cant stop it... I pressume that Chaos Black isn't the ONLY one.

Mr Snrub
July 1st, 2006, 03:53 PM
Pokemon Chartreuse is also apparently being pirated and sold. People on the net are asking for help because of glitches/bugs.

If Solar White was sold, I'd get the cops on it.

Those ripping off our hard work!

I am sorry to say rijonAdventures would be exactly what they would be looking for :( It's a bloody magnificent game mate.

Enix-Zae
July 1st, 2006, 05:44 PM
this is old news to me, being the creator of chaos black.

But the main problem for me is that everyone seems to think the alpha is the final version!

and they'll probably overlook the beta when i release that as a result

Chris-h11
July 1st, 2006, 06:12 PM
Pokemon Chartreuse is also apparently being pirated and sold. People on the net are asking for help because of glitches/bugs.

I am sorry to say rijonAdventures would be exactly what they would be looking for :( It's a bloody magnificent game mate.
If you're talking about the YouTube thing.
I posted that to ask for help because I was making the hack nad i was trying to fix that glitch :P

Coolboyman
July 1st, 2006, 07:33 PM
Pokemon Brown was for sale in china for a while too. I found a website and it was for sale, but the websites gone now. (and no it wasnt another pokemon brown, it had screenshots from the game and everything).

Sorry to hear that too, but at least more people will enjoy your creation!

Enix-Zae
July 1st, 2006, 08:11 PM
bah.

I wish they would XD

but no, because i didnt label the end of the alpha propperly, most people complain about it xD

oh and the link to mky hack at the top has a typo.

Jeremy
July 2nd, 2006, 06:53 AM

So sweetie, you'll get the cops to arrest the Chinese piraters for pirating your hack, despite the fact ROMs are illegal. IRONY! XD

Well, stearing away from the issue of legalty of ROM hacks...

I'll feel conflicted if Ice or IceBlue made it to my Asian people. (Okie, I'm Vietnamese, but close enough sweeties.) XD
I'll feel glad that more sweeties are enjoying my game, and feel extremely angry when I found out some Chinese guy is making money off my work.

Well sorry sweetie for your work getting exploited for money, but atleast more people can enjoy it.

Linoone
July 2nd, 2006, 06:55 AM
I saw that "pokemon chaos black version" in several stores during my stay in china and more versions that featured things that were everything that is not pokemon, I had to LMAO when they wanted me to buy it, see how hacking doesnt bring any good stuf to people?XD

yuki123
July 2nd, 2006, 07:54 AM
yesterday i saw chaos black in a store o.O

BlueSonic
July 2nd, 2006, 08:02 AM
Dude..
BTW, its being sold on eBay. 0.o

Spazzup
July 2nd, 2006, 09:36 AM
http://i7.ebayimg.com/05/i/07/76/c4/88_1_b.JPG

Nice boxart. <_<

Being sold for $57CAD. $57 for an alpha? :|

KiraYamato
July 2nd, 2006, 09:58 AM
Lmao, I find it amazing that it's in stores all over the world. And why they picked just one random hack like chaos black, that is only in the alpha stages, is beyond me. Chaos Black is a good hack, but there are alot more that are further along, and could have sold better lol.

I dunno, if I saw my hack in a store I'd be like OMG and bust out laughing.

Enix-Zae
July 2nd, 2006, 07:02 PM
Nice boxart. <_<

Being sold for $57CAD. $57 for an alpha? :|

when i release the beta, im making sure i have a pic of my own box art with it.

JUST TO MAKE SURE IT DOESNT LOOK LIKE A SONIC RIPOFF

Ryudonizard
July 2nd, 2006, 07:18 PM
In my oppinion thats just sad that they would actually sell a hack by some teenagers/kids just doing it for fun. Dispicable, lol (lol i hope i spelled dispicable right :P)

Hiroshi Sotomura
July 2nd, 2006, 10:23 PM
In my oppinion thats just sad that they would actually sell a hack by some teenagers/kids just doing it for fun. Dispicable, lol (lol i hope i spelled dispicable right :P)
For future reference, it's "despicable".

Wow for fake boxart. Be glad it's not as significant as "Pokémon Diamond". =\

That said, I'm looking forward to the actual DS games.

Blazichu
July 3rd, 2006, 02:44 AM
This is getting really weird, people are probably buying the game everywhere, it is on http://www.ebay.co.uk
I found around 10 to 20 Chaos Black games.

Maimi
July 3rd, 2006, 07:05 AM

The cops would laugh at you. I love making hacks, but they are illegal under international copyright law.
Equate it to a car jacker calling the police when the car he stole gets car jacked.

Red1530
July 3rd, 2006, 11:07 AM
The cops would laugh at you. I love making hacks, but they are illegal under international copyright law.
Equate it to a car jacker calling the police when the car he stole gets car jacked.Actualy ROM hacks are legal only if there not for profit. What the Chinese are doing are not legal.

kingofgames300g
July 3rd, 2006, 03:05 PM
Actualy ROM hacks are legal only if there not for profit. What the Chinese are doing are not legal.

Also I believe that if you own the actual game you can have the rom and it is legal.

Amachi
July 6th, 2006, 09:20 PM
Also I believe that if you own the actual game you can have the rom and it is legal.
Depends what nation you're from. The same laws go for music ripping and create software and DVD backups.

The fnny thing is though, I originally heard of this game off P2P software. And that's how I eventually found the hacking section of this site.

Here's something else that has also been occuring in China.

Harry Potter for the NES (http://www.toastyfrog.com/toastywiki/index.php/Site/HarryPotterForNES)

johnny_profitt
July 11th, 2006, 09:57 PM
thats messed up. i think it would be cool to have the machine that writes the image to the cartridge. what are these called?

hani658
July 14th, 2006, 12:29 AM
now i can't hack (but i want to learn) but couldn't you just put your name (alias) in the game and afew messages so people who are playing can see it and maybe report the person who sold it to them.

~JapaneseWolf
July 15th, 2006, 09:25 PM
i played it on VBA it doesn't work just like th liquidocean and thunderyellow knock-offs...

tog5632
July 17th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Read it and weep: http://cgi.ebay.com/Pokemon-Chaos-Black-New-Gameboy-Advanced-SP-DS_W0QQitemZ290008312961QQihZ019QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Red1530
July 17th, 2006, 02:48 PM
It's hard to belive a person is willing to pay $46 (at the time I looked at it) for the game that is being developed and is free here.

Enix-Zae
July 22nd, 2006, 10:14 PM
now i can't hack (but i want to learn) but couldn't you just put your name (alias) in the game and afew messages so people who are playing can see it and maybe report the person who sold it to them.

wow, thats exactly what i was going to do with the cb beta!

asretg
July 25th, 2006, 02:25 AM
It's actually gotten worser then you think guys here in the netherlands people are selling chaos black on websites and everyone wants the game because they think it's made by nintendo but it's not released in europe yet, those guys who are selling those roms make really much money of you're work :\

Red1530
July 26th, 2006, 06:39 PM
This Chinese piracey is noting compared to copying a the Aegis battle management system for their Navy!:shocked:

Source: http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/defense/3319656.html?page=3&c=y

bizal
August 4th, 2006, 01:56 AM
I never thought that i would come that far with hacks..
Mybee someday i will see my hack selling in our shops :P

DrCoolSanta
August 8th, 2006, 01:20 AM
It just happened, that my freinds bought some hacks which I find here as gameboy cassets!
They went to the shop and bought Chaos Black and Quartz. This is indeed illegal but not that ROM hacking is legal, one cant do anything for the creator isnt even credited!

Its not only china guys, it reached India day before yesterday, indeed its someone here for my freind bought quartz tooo!
We need to put something against Piracy in the hacks so they cant steel!
And the guys steeling may not even know they are not original!!! - Bye Bye Pirated cartridges

willypiggy
August 9th, 2006, 03:03 AM
So sweetie, you'll get the cops to arrest the Chinese piraters for pirating your hack, despite the fact ROMs are illegal. IRONY! XD
Um... I hate to correct a mod but ROM's arn't illegal if you own the game. When I realese my hack i'm gonna change the bit at the start so it says not for sale and release box art which will have not to be sold prited all over it, we have to do something to stop this!
EDIT: Just a throught but you can ask questions on ebay so why dont poeple with membership ask questions like THIS IS ILLEGAL AND YOU WILL GO TO JAIL IF YOU ARE FOUND WITH IT! YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT FOR FREE HERE : [LINK]

insectduel
August 12th, 2006, 08:27 AM
I'm sorry I haven't shown up in the board for a VERY LONG Time and I've finally saw what happened in the Chinese Pirates.

1] I hope the Chinese Pirates can make Super Demo World The Legend Continues (http://fusoya.panicus.org/lm/dw.html) for the Super NES. I've always want to play it.

2] What they do to Pokemon ROM hacks is VERY BAD. I don't know how they do it but let's hope it's not on the live action news. I had many DISCLAIMERS on my webpage and some of my ROM hacks as well. Man, I've felt sorry for all Pokemon ROM hackers in the community but we should all stop this madness as a team. This is our privacy on our whole lives.

cybernin
August 15th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Its disgusting how low they will sink just to make a few extra dollars. I cant belive that they exist! People selling copies of games made by other people made for fun. Blashphemy I say!

FaNtEcH
August 16th, 2006, 01:27 AM
i saw Pokemon Ice in a store near my house
This is ridiculous!
EDIT: it has the same boxart as in Jeremy's hack(the articuno thing)
and......
I bought it!!:nervous:

~Alakazam~
August 17th, 2006, 05:05 AM
Ice and Chaos Black? This is making me rethink making a ROMHack. Someone's got to talk to PUSA about this, explain the whole situation and get this stopped.

You Bought it?! Well, at least you could play it on your GBA...

Red1530
August 17th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Ice and Chaos Black? This is making me rethink making a ROMHack. Someone's got to talk to PUSA about this, explain the whole situation and get this stopped.

You Bought it?! Well, at least you could play it on your GBA...The only people who can put a stop to this is the Chinese government and more then likely they won't help.

Patchy11112003
August 19th, 2006, 02:55 PM
WOW! nintendo knew what pokemon black was

andrewv42
August 19th, 2006, 08:09 PM
heh alot of people go to Asia and find the illegal hacks

"Pokemon Chaos Black, LATEST!"
"Pokemon Diamond"
"Pokemon Rocket Monsters
"Pokemon Jade"
"Pokemon Dice Adventures"

These games are on sale as illegal copies all over the street markets in China (I`ve been to china). Maybe these guys go to China, buy the games for a cheap price and sell them on eBay for, what, 30 bucks?

Sweet Love
August 21st, 2006, 05:11 AM
In the shopping center near my house they sell Pokemon Quartz >_>
And some idiot asked me so many thing about it 0_o
Anyway, if anyone sell our own hack and we'll may be ... er, just kidding :p
heh alot of people go to Asia and find the illegal hacks

"Pokemon Chaos Black, LATEST!"
"Pokemon Diamond"
"Pokemon Rocket Monsters
"Pokemon Jade"
"Pokemon Dice Adventures"
The Pokemon Diamond and Jade are not Pokemon Hacks, they're ugly game named Pokemon XD
Off topic:
I'll feel conflicted if Ice or IceBlue made it to my Asian people. (Okie, I'm Vietnamese, but close enough sweeties.) XD
You're Vmese? Me too. Tt's rare to see any Vmese here :)

52!
August 22nd, 2006, 05:21 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pokemon-Chaos-Black-Gameboy-Advance_W0QQitemZ110023600987QQihZ001QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

wow sad :(

Burnin' Leo
August 24th, 2006, 02:05 AM
Yeah, thats very bad some person buying a fake hacked Pokemon game, but the person payed for it, its their choice though.

Sergio--
August 29th, 2006, 03:45 AM
http://www.butik2000.com/thumb/logo10434.jpg (http://www.butik2000.com/product.aspx?product=10434)

waaaaaaaaah

sacrilege !!

this is a fully shaming act. We share freely our time and ideas, and they sell it it like if they were potatoes.

And im not feeling console for the people enjoy my work if they has to pay for it 150 000 indonesian rupias

Another thing is that, sure, my name is erased of the credits for put the original nintendo ones in order to confuse to the clients

(it seems the origin of my hack profanation is singapure not china: ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Pokemon-Naranja-Gameboy-GBA_W0QQitemZ160024213186QQihZ006QQcategoryZ112714QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem))

Sh4dow
August 29th, 2006, 04:16 AM
Well Serg, you should put your name behind every corner :p Highly doubt they will check the whole game.

Legal action should be taken against pirate's, its getting abit too far with the scams. I'm surprised the pirate's even know how to edit a rom.

@Yoshimaster - It's not their fault if they weren't aware the game was an unofficial game. And, why are you saying it's bad if they buy it, when the seller is much worse?

@Sweet Love - Don't want to ruin your family reunion, but I'm half viet :)

The only people who can put a stop to this is the Chinese government and more then likely they won't help.

I'm not meaning to be racist or misjudging anyone here, but the Chinese government are probaly the ring leaders behind this.

Why? Pirated games have been coming out of China for years now, and have they done anything about it? Correct me if I'm wrong, China isn't an isolated island like Australia - much harder to ship out the games right? I haven't done any research, I am writing this from the top of my head, forgive me for any wrong detail.

insectduel
August 29th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Not if they happen to Pokemon games but SNES games as well. Here's the link http://snesdev.romhack.de/.

The only people who can put a stop to this is the Chinese government and more then likely they won't help.

Can we or the entire forum just speak the chinese government out of it or we shall force the government to give his/her warm body with a cool island song.

djpark3000
August 29th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Has anyone seen the cover of pokemon chaos black it's so dumb the creature is actually is from Sonic the Hedgehog and his name is really Chaos!.
And I don't now where you people find these rom hacks but there pretty dumb and what is so good about Chaos Black Version Ive never heard of it!

Sh4dow
August 29th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Gee, I don't know. Where do we find it? Oh, I know! Members of the forums putting their heart and soul into creating it? Maybe you should think about your reply before posting, don't just critisize other people's creation (rom-hack) for being 'crap'. After all it's only in beta stage.

But I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.

untitledmike
September 28th, 2006, 12:56 PM
and look at this http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/Damanager/fake%20pokemon%20boxart/52_1.jpg this is from ebay and coloseum guy...........

insectduel
October 2nd, 2006, 10:37 AM
and look at this http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/Damanager/fake%20pokemon%20boxart/52_1.jpg this is from ebay and coloseum guy...........

MY GOD. Why they have to use Michael from Pokemon XD in that box.

Iced Coffee
October 2nd, 2006, 05:18 PM
Well, I live in that isolated country of Australia! And we sometimes(I can name a few) get games delayed usally around 6 mounths after the US (or a year after Japan! I can name heaps) So when I went to Malasia in July, I found Pokemon Quatz! I bought it imedialty, since I had no Idea of what a hack was (I ran out of get chaos black). Best $30 (Aud) I spent in my life, (I had some sort image that the person who made the game was getting the profits, sorry tehBaro!). But I now know what hacks are and am curently working on my own (Earthbrown, a pokemon game based in the 60's). But with out it, I would have never known what a hack was. And Sorry for wasting your time by reading this.

But with that sort of publisity, more people are getting into hacks, (But it should be the ones who made the games getting the profit, not some pireter (spelling?)

Pierrot.
October 2nd, 2006, 07:13 PM
Well, I live in that isolated country of Australia! And we sometimes(I can name a few) get games delayed usally around 6 mounths after the US (or a year after Japan! I can name heaps) So when I went to Malasia in July, I found Pokemon Quatz! I bought it imedialty, since I had no Idea of what a hack was (I ran out of get chaos black). Best $30 (Aud) I spent in my life, (I had some sort image that the person who made the game was getting the profits, sorry tehBaro!). But I now know what hacks are and am curently working on my own (Earthbrown, a pokemon game based in the 60's). But with out it, I would have never known what a hack was. And Sorry for wasting your time by reading this.

But with that sort of publisity, more people are getting into hacks, (But it should be the ones who made the games getting the profit, not some pireter (spelling?)

The sale of hacks is illegal. If the person who made them got profit, the might also get arrested, because you're selling something made from Nintendo's engine (am I right? I know it's illegal, but is this why?) It's dangerous having others sell your work anyway because online, no one knows who you are. ;)

insectduel
October 3rd, 2006, 09:52 AM
Even though if I was a Pokemon Hacker and I plan to make a Telefang 1 remake which is the hack of Fire-red with e-monsters with Pokemon Battles, they proberly will buy my hack anyway.

Lucklily I don't hack Pokemon yet, so I should be ready to make one soon and prevent pirates from selling it.

Here's the link for Nintendo Copyrights (http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#roms)

Cursed
November 20th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Pokemon Naranja and Quartz are also up for sale by these Chinese crooks. To any of these criminals reading this: If you're going to sell romhacks, leave us out of it and make them yourself.

Skymin
November 24th, 2006, 11:22 PM
gawsh, i looked for Chaos Black on Ebay, and found thiss
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pokemon-Black-Chaos-Version-GBA-Gameboy-Adv-NEW_W0QQitemZ120056643612QQihZ002QQcategoryZ112699QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pokemon-Chaos-Black-Version_W0QQitemZ160055186765QQihZ006QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
This Pokemon game version Chaos Black is the newest version that will come out. This game is still in a new codition. BE THE FIRST TO EXPERIENCE THE NEW WORLD OF POKEMON, POKEMON CHAOS BLACK! *Item
is not refundable*

Yeah, only cause your a CHEAT!
I think both items are still up for bidding O.o

ShadowPanzer
November 25th, 2006, 08:09 AM
Well, the reason i found this site is because of Chaos Black. I thought it was a real game until i saw the box wit a pic of Chaos from Sonic DX. When i saw that i literally laughed until i fell out of my chair. teh thing is that no matter what you do, pirating will always happen no matter what. it's just like crime anywhere; no matter where you move to, there will always be crime.

But that's not to say that you can try to lower crime rate.

now am i right or not?

Iced
December 28th, 2006, 08:41 PM
0.o I found this on some chinese forums partly english...

Look at this awesome game i found on ebay it was called Pokemon Chaos Black it is cool but im stuck...

Awesome im going to ask for that for my birthday!!!

here is something i found on ebay.co.uk:

POKEMON CHAOS BLACK GAME BOY ADVANCE/SP/NINTENDO DS 2 £1.20
£1.70 14h 29m
Pokemon Chaos Black GBA Game - UK Seller 7 £3.20
£1.99 1d 13h 16m
POKEMON CHAOS BLACK VERSION GBA/SP Game Boy Advance 9 £9.50
£1.99 2d 10h 11m
POKEMON CHAOS BLACK VERSION GBA/SP Game Boy Advance 2 £3.00
£1.99 2d 12h 15m
GAMEBOY POKEMON CHAOS BLACK NEWBOXED GBA SP DS ADVANCE 4 £10.50
£1.99 3d 12h 00m
Pokemon Chaos Black Game Boy Advance GBA new... import 11 £6.00
£3.00 9d 09h 07m

To compare items side by side, select the tick boxes and click the Compare button.
Page 1 of 1

9 items found for Pokemon Chaos Black from eBay international sellers
Item Title Price Bids Country/Region
POKEMON CHAOS BLACK GAME BOY ADVANCE SP , DS AND MICRO US $11.05
6 Canada
POKEMON CHAOS BLACK GAME BOY ADVANCE SP MICRO FREE SHIP US $30.00
14 Canada
GameBoy Advance Pokemon "Black Chaos" with instructions

Pazuzu
December 29th, 2006, 04:20 AM
Do not revive threads that are over a month old, please.

~closed~