View Full Version : Difference between S, R and E?
July 1st, 2006, 11:34 AM
The vacation started today, and probably I'm going to buy a new pokémon game for my SP.
But I have a question:
Is there a big difference between the games Sapphire-Ruby and the Emerald-game ?
Which game do you recomend me?
Thanks for answering,
PS: Sorry if my English isn't perfect, normaly I speak Dutch :-)
July 1st, 2006, 12:59 PM
~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~
Yes, there’s A LOT of differences between them and Emerald is definitely the game you want to get since all the additions make it so much better.
A list of changes from R/S:
- BATTLE FRONTIER! Enough said…
- Animated Pokemon sprites
- New move tutors
- Gym Leaders and some Elite 4 members have different Pokemon than in R/S
- Juan is the new Sootpolis gym leader, Wallace is an Elite 4 champion, and Steven is the strongest trainer in the game.
- Traits have effects outside of battle
- You can catch BOTH Kyogre and Groudon
- Bigger Safari Zone with G/S/C Pokemon not available anywhere else
- Ability to get Mew, Deoxys, Lugia, and Ho-oh if you attend special Nintendo events.
- Ability to get Anorith and Lileep without trading
- Ability to get Chikorita, Cyndaquil, or Totodile after completing the Pokedex
- Main characters have different clothing
- Better font than R/S
~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~
July 1st, 2006, 01:04 PM
Thank you very much !
I think I'm going to buy Emerald :-)
July 1st, 2006, 02:16 PM
and pokemon in ruby and saphire, they seperate the pokemon because each pokemon beside the other in the pokedex make perfect double battles
Pokemon Master 4ever
July 1st, 2006, 04:44 PM
the only difference I realize is that in emerald you get to capture both Groundoun and Kyogre,when you reach Sootopolis city there will be Kyogre and Groundon fighting n it would rain for 10-20 seconds(Kyogre) and then sunny again(Groundon)some guy would tell u to go to the Sky Pillar and Wallace would be there waiting then you can capture Rayqueza and stop the madness in Sootopolis City,then the gym would be reopened.
July 2nd, 2006, 03:48 AM
The biggest thing for me has been the vastly improved breeding capacity in Emerald:
- Flame Body/Magma Armor Ability now cause eggs to hatch in almost half the time!
- The route from Verdanturf to Route 118 (east of Mauville) is a straight line!
- Ditto can be found in the Desert Tunnel, inside the Fossil Maniacs house!
- A female Poke/Ditto holding an Everstone gives your baby Poke a 50% to have the same Nature!
- The Gender/Nature/Ability of the baby Poke is set once the Daycare Dude is out front with the egg, but the IVs ARE NOT! That means you save before you take the egg, hatch the egg, and then check the IVs, if you don't like them then soft reset and hatch the egg again to see if they are better!
- Pokes with Pickup Ability get different items depending on their level. You can pick up Rare Candies as early as Lv41!
- Berries 21-26 (Pomeg, Kelpsy, Qualot, Hondew, Grepa, Tamato) can be fed to Pokes to not only lower EVs in a stat by 10 points, but they also make your Poke happier, allowing you to evolve your Happiness Pokes faster!
Plus all of the things AB mentioned above make Emerald the best game you can get.
July 3rd, 2006, 09:08 PM
it would have to be the way most pokemon look, they look different from ruby and saphire, like trapinch has it's mouth open