PDA

View Full Version : I know this is in the FAQ but that just doesnt quite cut it...

MizuharaTosai
July 8th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Alright like my title says, the FAQs page doesnt help sqaut. im trying to play a darn hack. i do exactly what it says and when i start up the emulation if turns white, and stays white.
so can anyone help me with this?

~Patrick~
July 8th, 2006, 02:19 PM
I have the same problem I have a fresh ROM of the game, IPS XP to patch the IPS file, the latest Visualboy Advance...and I still can't play hacks I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.

Red
July 8th, 2006, 02:22 PM
maybe ips xp is a faulty program.

MizuharaTosai
July 8th, 2006, 02:38 PM
its really annoying seeing play hacks with out helping others =/ can anyone help us out?

amnesiahacker
July 8th, 2006, 02:40 PM
I recommend using LunarIPS (http://fusoya.panicus.org/lips/download/lips100.zip) instead of IpsXP
I hope this helps

MizuharaTosai
July 8th, 2006, 02:41 PM
um i have lunar.. i apply it and it still comes out white and stays like that D:

Can anyone exactly gives us there way of applying the patch plz?

Alistair
July 8th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Instead of LunarIPS, I always use Ouinja. It is much better. Try it. (Get it at Zophar.net)

Pazuzu
July 8th, 2006, 03:20 PM
There can be several reasons:

- Corrupted ROM
- Corrupted IPS Patch
- Patched to the wrong ROM (Game, language,...)
- ROM with a dumping group intro, which gets corrupted by the Patch (like MUGS)
- Incorrect settings in the Emulator (Save type; Automatic, Flash 128k)

Make sure you have verified all of the above.

You can't do anything wrong when applying a patch. You load the Patcher, load the IPS patch, select the ROM to patch it to, done.
Most errors occour because of said things above.

~Patrick~
July 8th, 2006, 03:54 PM
- Incorrect settings in the Emulator (Save type; Automatic, Flash 128k)

Do you which Emulator setting I need to have on, in order to play ROM Hacks?

Pazuzu
July 8th, 2006, 03:57 PM
The settings apply to all ROMs, not just Hacks.
As I said above, setting it to "Automatic" and "Flash 128k" should work for Pokémon ROMs.

MizuharaTosai
July 10th, 2006, 03:19 PM
um... nuthin of it works it just doesnt work at all

TDCagle
July 10th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Did you click the Real Time Clock on the emulator settings? That stopped my roms ;)

Enix-Zae
July 10th, 2006, 06:17 PM
As scizz said, your problam is probably language. (E) roms and (U) roms are different, in the craziest ways. Just imagine a sitcom with them together!

anywy, when people put the (E) rom on hteir site, for some reason, most the time it isn't the (E) rom that everyone else uses, so i recomend look around for a better rom, with no dumper intro.

MizuharaTosai
July 30th, 2006, 06:13 PM
well i been through all of that already =/ and my ruby is U

Pazuzu
July 31st, 2006, 08:31 AM
A white screen when trying to load a ROM, usually indicates corruption, or wrong Save-types.
If you have verified all of the reasons that are mentioned in this post (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=2179536&postcount=8) and below it, and it still does not work, then there is nothing more we can do for you, as all possible reasons have been listed here.