PDA

View Full Version : New Pokemon Diaruga and Parukia

Mukkuru
July 16th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Ok the 2 newest legendaries from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl are Diaruga (the time-ruling pokemon) and Parukia (the space-ruling pokemon) are the main mascots from diamond and pearl. I will update you with more info about these 2 legendaries.

♥Nova♥
July 16th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Yay! ^^ New Pokemon! I hope we get more Info about them soon.

Light_Azumarill
July 19th, 2006, 06:58 AM
They're a bit different looking, that's for sure. I think I prefer the way Diaruga looks over Parukia; it has a more dog/cat-like appearance. I can picture myself riding on its back. And it rules time! ^-^

MasterWGS
July 19th, 2006, 04:20 PM
I like Diaruga as well... Something about Parukia just... doesn't look natural.

Mukkuru
July 19th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Yea I like Diaruga as well as it really looks cooler than Parukia

Gary, the Magic Fairy
July 19th, 2006, 05:42 PM
I wonder what the legend behind them is...did they try to destroy the universe?

I like the Parukia, it looks cool :)

Drew
July 19th, 2006, 06:10 PM
I'd seen them before....but not entire body shots.
Diaruga is pretty cool. Its my favorite out of the two. x3

Mukkuru
July 19th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Well I admit that I like both Diaruga and Parukia

Closet Geek
July 19th, 2006, 07:02 PM
I do actually like Diaruga (which is rare for me to like the legendaries, especially the new ones) . Parukia isn't that nice looking, I'm still getting Pearl over Diamond though.

Mukkuru
July 20th, 2006, 05:31 AM
I'm thinking of getting the Diamond over Pearl if I could buy a DS system ^^

Doopliss
July 23rd, 2006, 10:04 AM
My first post in 11 days.

Diaruga will be on the box cover for Diamond and Parukia will do the same for Pearl. I wonder how Lucario can be in some relation to these Pokemon.

Kayleigh
July 23rd, 2006, 10:58 AM
They both kind of creep me out just a little bit, to be perfectly honest... XD I just don't think that they look like Pokémon at all.

But, if I had to choose a favorite then I would probably say Parukia. I think its colors are prettier than Diaruga's!

The Fallen
July 23rd, 2006, 11:35 AM
Parkuria does look a bit weird, but Diaruga looks like another legendary dog to me. I wouldn't guess that they were pokemon if someone put them in front of me and asked what game they went to.

pokemaster7
July 23rd, 2006, 11:44 AM
I like Diaruga. this seems to be a weird version of kyogre and groundon, only cooler. :) both of their faces (if you look closely look absolutely scary like a cheap version of alian vs. preditor).

Lathspell
July 23rd, 2006, 12:21 PM
lol, Parukia looks like a heavily armored Tyranitar. Must say Diaruga looks better, but I'm sick and fed up with legendary dogs, so I like Parukia more. Anyone guess what type they are? I'm saying Steel (Parukia) and Psychic (Diaruga). But I do hope that's not the case. Waaaay to many Psychic legendaries.

mintybobo
July 25th, 2006, 05:17 AM
They look funny... Not haha funny, the other kind of funny. As in funny looking. As for what the story behind them is seems like they might be mechanical(technical pokemon sound cool!). Raised by some evil organization and whatnot....

Hikarii
July 25th, 2006, 09:27 PM
To tell you the truth, they kind of scare me. XD They look more like gundams or something, and I group the scorpion thing along with them. (Forgot its name. Dorapian? X_X; ) But I'm not saying I'm disappointed, oh no. I'm just saying they're different. Much different from the Pokemon I'm used to. XD

Still, it should be interesting. Pokemon's taking off in another direction. Yaaaay. Back on topic, I think I prefer Parukia, but I don't own a DS. My sister does, and she's more likely to get Pearl, I think. XD

obelisk-kun
July 25th, 2006, 10:38 PM
I was wrong the pokemon anime isn't the only part of pokemon that's going down the tubes the games are coming up with ridiculous mecha-pokemon. I like the pink one better though it looks cooler it has arms.

miyo
July 28th, 2006, 05:51 PM
I think the two pokemon are too sophisticated.. I'd prefer it simple and cute/nice.. like the older pokemon xD

Looking at these two reminds me of Gransazers somehow.. but I hope I'll get used to them ^^;;

Aether
July 28th, 2006, 08:48 PM
I think Parukia is awesome!! But I don't really like the legendary dog look on Diaruga, its sorta getting old for me...

NytewolfAU2k7
August 1st, 2006, 11:53 PM
They look like they were made by someone with an overactive imagination o.0

52!
August 6th, 2006, 01:52 PM
very different legendaries this time around diagura looks cool. but these seem more complicated like digimon rather then pokemon

Natsuki
August 6th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Diaruga looks like some metamorphed form of Suicune. o_O Parukia's pretty cool too, even if it's upper body does seem to vaguely resemble a cannon IMO. XD

~Kelsey

TicketQueenI
August 6th, 2006, 03:25 PM
I think Diaruga is an Ice type from a commercial I saw on youtube.
These games will be the first hand held pokemon games not to have a grass,fire, or water pokemon as a starter. From a rumor I herd on youtube (that's probably true) They will be a dark type (Darapion looks poison), a fighting type (Cherimu looks grass), and a psychic type (Pachirisu looks electric). I can't decide between the two.

Auron
August 7th, 2006, 03:50 AM
I prefer Parukia ^^

It's true that they'll be starters ??

EDIT: No, I think they're legendary like Kyogre or Mewtwo.

From www.serebii.net :

US Name: ???
JP Name: Diaruga

Type: ?
Classification: Time Ruling Pokémon
Height: ?
Weight: ?

US Name: ???
JP Name: Parukia

Type: ?
Classification: Space-Ruling Pokémon
Height: ?
Weight: ?

Forci Stikane
August 7th, 2006, 03:58 AM
No, it's Grass/Water/Fire like usual.

As for the Legendaries...I'll wait to pass judgement until I know more...but it doesn't matter; I'm getting both anyway :D!!

BROOKE_&_LUGIA
August 7th, 2006, 04:53 PM
I like Parukia better, I think Diaruga is weird looking!

pokemaster7
August 7th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Try looking at their faces. They are both very scary.
note: the pokemon director Junichi Masuda said he wouldn't make pokemon look to monsterous. He ows us all an apolegy!

joyce : the fluffy pirate~
August 8th, 2006, 03:41 AM
Yes, they are looking...diffrent.. o.o
Far more diffrent then the cute Mew , Celebi or Jirachi...

To be hornest , I don't really like them both..Maybe it's because they are new or something... ._.

EasyLite
August 8th, 2006, 07:17 AM
Don't you think they are giving these new legendaries too strong powers?
Ruling time? So anyone who has that pokemon can basicly become the ruler of the world using its powers?
And I don't think any Pokemon could surfive space.

Twilight Itachi X
August 8th, 2006, 03:50 PM
I like Parukia better than Diaruga. I'm getting the Pearl version anyways. I don't like Diaruga's look that much.

Careful With That Axe, Pichu!
August 8th, 2006, 04:04 PM
I don't like them, they look just like Digimons. Pokémon shouldn't be that way~

Auron
August 9th, 2006, 12:48 AM
I think they will be like Groudon and Kyogre...

In Japan's Diamond's boxart, you can see Diaruga:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/1/12/Pokemon_Diamond_boxart_JP.jpg

And in Pearl's boxart, you can see Parukia:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/5/51/Pokemon_Pearl_boxart_JP.jpg

Lordpenguin
August 9th, 2006, 01:30 AM
Hmm steel-types possibly. Very digimony (gack).

I think I prefer Parukia, but both are hardly innovative. Parukia looks like Groudon, or perhaps Nidoking, with a long neck (that's the cool bit), and Diaruga? Steel Dog any? Actually, it reminds me more of Mightyena than th previous legendaries.

viridian doubletongue
August 9th, 2006, 04:11 AM
I think the two new cover pokemon look quite cool, despite being a tad extreme.

I prefer Diaruga I think.

Rhykasho
August 9th, 2006, 06:10 AM
I like Parukia the most ^_^
It just looks better then Diaruga for some reason, though they both look really good o.O

Tonya
August 9th, 2006, 07:19 AM
I like Diaruga the best out of those two. Parukia looks like a pink and gray metal Groudon with a long neck. :\ Just because Diaruga has four legs and a tail some people think it looks like the legendary beasts (I refuse to call them either cats or dogs)...

Auron
August 21st, 2006, 02:25 AM
Diaruga looks like some metamorphed form of Suicune.

Yeah, and if you think...Crystal and Diamond materials are very seemed, huh ??

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 21st, 2006, 04:11 PM
I really like Parukia the most for some reason, it looks coller.

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~