PDA

View Full Version : Highly Recommended [January 2005] // Pokémon Shine

The Darkening
April 15th, 2004, 02:26 AM
Hey all, just letting you all know that I'm doing a hack, I've been doing it for a while now, I've been showing previews and stuff on cheatandwin. So yeah I've been coming here for a while and thought I may as well let yas know that I'm doing it. I have a site with lots of screenshots and map previews from the game, the link is in my sig. Umm what else....if ya can help out with backpic of the hero or the title screen that would be great. Oh and I'm doing most of this in hex too so its not gonna be a dodge program job, I've already done up to Azalea Town changing text and what not. Ok comments will be appreciated thanks.

monstermunch
April 15th, 2004, 03:41 AM
hey this look mighty fine, i def like the idea of no trade evolution {alakazam finally!} and your srceens on your site are great

The Darkening
April 15th, 2004, 06:37 PM
thanks for that monstermunch, good to see some people have some taste here :P

The Darkening
April 18th, 2004, 08:57 PM
ok well to add a bit more intrest to this, i'll post some pics. So far I've done up to and including Azalea Town. All trainers to that area have had their pokemon changed to be a stronger, also the gym leaders have been changed. Below is the newer stuff that I've done: Union Cave 1, Azalea Town, and the 2nd Gym leader (name: Amy - Grass). Tell me if ya like it so far. Thanks

Edit: well i couldn't link them so I'll show you the gym leader, and you'll have to go to my site to see the maps.

The Darkening
April 22nd, 2004, 06:56 PM
Now don't say use the edit button, cause its been more than 24 hours and I'm not an idiot i would of used it if I had only just posted.

OK

Would ya look at this....hmmm what does this seem to be..... OH A NEW PATCH!!! hehe. well here yas go, this is the new patch, with everything done up to Azalea Town. Patch it to a clean Gold rom and have fun. Go to my site to see screenies and find out more info about what i've done. OK take it easy, until next update.

Black Charizard
April 23rd, 2004, 12:02 PM
Now don't say use the edit button, cause its been more than 24 hours and I'm not an idiot i would of used it if I had only just posted.

OK

Would ya look at this....hmmm what does this seem to be..... OH A NEW PATCH!!! hehe. well here yas go, this is the new patch, with everything done up to Azalea Town. Patch it to a clean Gold rom and have fun. Go to my site to see screenies and find out more info about what i've done. OK take it easy, until next update.
Use the edit button :P
Put the download outside Pokecommunity because it screws up zip files.

Arcdemon
April 23rd, 2004, 01:18 PM
The zip works (MESSEGE LENGTH)

Black Charizard
April 23rd, 2004, 01:48 PM
not for me(BLEEPING MESSAGE LENGTH)

Arcdemon
April 23rd, 2004, 02:42 PM
I don't Know what's wrong ah well put it on the site The Darkening

Black Charizard
April 23rd, 2004, 02:57 PM
site doesn't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arcdemon
April 23rd, 2004, 03:28 PM
Just saw the site and yes your right it is down.

The Darkening
April 30th, 2004, 06:29 PM
Ok i'm sorry about the site, i think i need to find a new host :angry: . I've been sick for the last week so i'm sorry i haven't done anything about this. When i find a new host i'll post it here, it was working on cheatandwin but they are down at the moment. Anyway, i have a little pic pleaser here, its a pic of all my new gym leader sprites, hero and he's backpic, both rival pics, and some new trainers. Of course i'll be making more trainers sprites, but at the moment thats what i've got. The new gym leader sprites won't go in until I've done their gym. Hope you like them and tell me what ya think thanks

Pokemon Shine Sprites (http://members.optusnet.com.au/benick/images/pokeshinesprites.jpg)

evee
April 30th, 2004, 07:06 PM
ha the hero has a mulette thats awsome ill play this game just cause of that

Arcdemon
May 1st, 2004, 10:43 AM
Those sprites are AWSOME!!!!!

The Darkening
May 1st, 2004, 03:26 PM
hehe thanks for that you two, I hope to be making some more trainer pics soon, i just have to find the time to do them, cause at the moment i'm going through changing all the trainers pokemon up to goldenrod.

Black Charizard
May 1st, 2004, 03:39 PM
Good Luck Dude!!the Sprite Are Looking G00d!

KoBRe LaiR
May 1st, 2004, 04:53 PM
Great game! I downloaded it before and it is very good. Great job. You're sprites are great! Keep doing a good job.

The Darkening
May 1st, 2004, 09:56 PM
thanks for those comments, really appreciate it. Ok well just letting you know i have my site up again at a new address, so just look at my sig if ya want to go there, cheers :D

The Darkening
June 3rd, 2004, 07:59 PM
well i just thought i'd let ya know i'm still working on this hack and i will continue till i finish it. Umm I have a updated pic here of the sprites that i've done. Also a new patch will be out this weekend, it will be done up to and including Ecruteak City (that does include new gym leaders too). I've done Goldenrod including the new gym leader, but i want to do a bigger update this time instead of just 1 town. Ok well enjoy and look forward to the new patch :D

Pokemon Shine Sprites Update (http://members.optusnet.com.au/benick/images/pokeshinespritesupdate.jpg)

fudge01
June 3rd, 2004, 08:45 PM
good on ya keeping your hack work up keep it up :D

Jeremy
June 4th, 2004, 03:23 PM
The Darkening, it's great this hack still active! Keep it up mate!

The Darkening
June 5th, 2004, 09:42 PM
thanks you two really appreciate the support, it will stay active till i've done all the stuff i set out to do :)

fudge01
June 5th, 2004, 10:20 PM
yeah this hack lookz like it's gonna be DA BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!
love da sig this hack is gonna be great

Edit: is it ok if i put your hack on my website in the hacks part?

The Darkening
June 6th, 2004, 02:58 AM
yeah thats ok, it might get a bit more recognition, but it doesn't matter if it doesn't. Thanks again.

fudge01
June 6th, 2004, 03:00 AM
ok thanx ill just need some screenz and info have you got msn?

The Darkening
June 6th, 2004, 03:02 AM
just go to the site it has heaps of screenshots and info :)

fudge01
June 6th, 2004, 03:08 AM
ahhh.... ok the site in your sig i see ill just have to map another page up then ill start yourz ok

Edit:im done how do you lie your page http://aam.pokemods.mihopa.com/pokemonshine.htm tell me if anything is wrong

The Darkening
July 13th, 2004, 03:35 AM
OK......well if you's want you's can try out my new patch. All maps, trainers and gym leaders are done up to and including Ectruteak City. You can get the patch off my site cause its in a zip file and they never work here. The site has more info on why i've been away and all that. It also has a new screenshot from the latest patch showing the status screen with the new gym leaders and their badges that i've won already. Ok take it easy and remember to go to the site to get the patch don't ask for it here :) thanks.

Phlemingo
July 13th, 2004, 10:00 PM
cause its in a zip file and they never work here
It didn't work for me too, but it seemed to work when I used right click+save target as. Thought I'd let you know.

The Darkening
July 14th, 2004, 03:44 AM
If your talking about that zip file on the first page, its the old patch, the new one is on the site.

Jeremy
July 14th, 2004, 04:04 AM
Great job man! When ya expect you'll finish the hack, because I'm gona get a flash linker soon, and this is one of the hacks I'm gona put in a cart. ;)

KoBRe LaiR
July 14th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Wow man! This hack has come a long way. It's on my top ten list. I really like it. I just ove the graphics and story. Good work.

The Darkening
July 16th, 2004, 12:52 AM
PIKA2, it will be ages until i finish it, cause i have to do kanto yet, and thats gonna have all new gym leaders as well. But I should have johto done by the end of october, sorry but i am very busy:(. Thanks for the comments though really appreciate them :)

The Darkening
August 18th, 2004, 05:31 AM
Hey all, just letting you know i'm still alive and still working on the hack, well I have a bit more time now, cause i quit my job hehe. So while i have the time off, I will do some more work on the hack, so here is an update.

I have finished all the trainers up to and inlcuding Olivine City, also all the maps are done till then as well, i have also done two more sprites you can see them below with all the other ones i've done.

The next patch will include almost everything done up to and including Mahogany town(that includes Cianwood). So yeah its gonna be another big patch. It should take me as long cause i have time off but it will still take a while.

Ok well hope it puts some hope back in, just reminding you that this hack will keep going till I have both Johto and Kanto redone :). Take it easy all.

Sprites so Far (http://members.optusnet.com.au/benick/images/pokeshinespritesupdate2.jpg)

Jay
August 18th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Well don't call me a noob or anything but I don't know how to run an ips file.

The Darkening
August 18th, 2004, 05:45 PM
well that is a pretty nooby question, because there is a sticky thread out in the main topic which tells you how to run the ips, here is a link straight to it. Just look a little harder next ok :) http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=168

RoK923
August 20th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Is this a gold, silver, or crystal hack?

Edit: Nvm I was looking through and saw it's for gold, sorry.

Jeremy
August 23rd, 2004, 03:37 PM
Nice sprites mate! I know you're really busy but still, the hack is really progressing.

The Darkening
August 24th, 2004, 05:17 PM
Thanks PIKA2, I'm gonna try and do a heap of work on it today, cause I don't have much work to do around the house. So yeah, hopefully i'll get close to Mahogany, the big part there will be changing all the Team Rocket Grunts in the underground part, oh and I have to go and do the Goldenrod Team Rocket Grunts too, they are a bit harder to do because they all have Grunt as there name, but I'll get there. Seeya

Goatman56
August 24th, 2004, 05:25 PM
i downloaded the patch now what do i do i'm confused

The Darkening
August 24th, 2004, 06:08 PM
you patch it to a gold rom, if you don't know how to do that look at the how to patch ips files thread.

The Darkening
September 2nd, 2004, 02:23 AM
Hey guess what, I have a new patch to release. I'll just post what i said on my site about the new patch

"Well here's an update and a new patch for everyone. This new patch has everything done up to and including Olivine City (that includes all of Cianwood too, cause you go back to Olivine to get the next badge). All maps, text, trainers, gym leaders and wild pokemon have been edited, now this has taken a heap of time cause there have been alot of trainers that you have to change the moves for the pokemon as well. Also the titlescreen has finally been done as you can see below. The Olivine and Cianwood gyms are done including the status screen with the new leader and badge graphics. Go to the Hacks page to download the new patch. Ok well thats it for now, the next patch will probably have all the gyms done for johto, so keep an eye out, ok BYE."

There ya go, you can get the new patch from the site, i'm gonna put a zip file here with a couple of pics but i don't know if the zip will work. Ok here yas go.

Jeremy
September 2nd, 2004, 01:55 PM
Great job man! This is one of the most, updated hacks here. :P Can't wait for the next demo!

Spiro
September 2nd, 2004, 01:58 PM
cool hack..nice work..man now i must find a rom for the next demo

The Darkening
September 2nd, 2004, 06:47 PM
thanks for the comments you two, I'm glad you like it. The next patch will take a while to get done but hopefully I'll get it all done by the end of the month. :)

The Darkening
October 24th, 2004, 07:07 AM
First off I think a mod needs to move this to the hacks showcase.

Ok I have a new patch for everyone here. The site has all the info that you need to know about it. Its up to Mahogany, but there has been a heap more than that done. 7 new gyms, but that will change by the end of the week, i will have another patch out by the end of the week that will include a big update for Johto. This patch is 37kb, which apparantly is a decent size for a gold hack. OK enough rambling, seeyas when the next patch is ready.

Cool Cr@cker
October 24th, 2004, 05:43 PM
Darkening this is in the Hacks SHowcase Already..And buddy we'll appreciate it if you post some screenies here??
All the best and I've seen some of your trainer sprites and they're cool!

Jeremy
October 24th, 2004, 05:55 PM
w00t! The hack is still progressing! ^.^ Well good luck sweetie, I know you won't let us down! ^.^

The Darkening
October 24th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the comments, here are a few screenshots and map pictures. The maps are Cianwood and Mahogany. The pictures are from Mahogany gym, route 39 and Ecruteak city. If you want more just tell me where and i'll take a screenshot from that place.

EVA-01
October 25th, 2004, 01:05 AM
wow ive been waiting for this hack since i first saw it (july i think) and i was wondering why u r hardly on PC, great sprites and title screen! wikid back pic!!

The Darkening
October 25th, 2004, 03:53 AM
Thanks for that EVA01, I don't come on because I don't go on the computer that much, but when I do I have a crack at doin work with the hack, like at the moment, i'm almost up to the elite 4 with changing the trainers, so a new patch will be out within the next couple of days :). Well Thanks again for the comments. Look out for the new update. Seeyas

The Darkening
October 26th, 2004, 05:59 AM
Ok i'm sorry for the double post but I just want to get some opinions or ideas for the elite 4. I have edited all the trainers up to the elite 4, yes that does include the 8th gym. I would like to know people would like the elite 4 to have, for example Will uses psychic pokemon, what do type of pokemon do you want each elite to use. They will all have name, sprite and type changes, I'm just asking to see what types you would like to see in there.

Well if you understood what i said above please tell me. Thanks

Scyther
October 26th, 2004, 06:04 AM
i would love to see a bug elite 4 person
team: scyther, scizor, heracross, pincer. parasect & yanma
make any changes

The Darkening
October 26th, 2004, 06:21 AM
Thanks for that Scyther, that will be the first elite 4 member. It kinda makes sense since i took out the bug gym in the hack.

The Darkening
October 27th, 2004, 05:52 AM
OK once again sorry for the double post but I just want to update you one the elite 4 editing, below is a picture of the new elite 4 member. His name is GREG and he is an elite Bug trainer. **** is his team powerful. When the beta comes out with all the elite 4 done you will have a heap of fun and frustration with them.

Well what do yas want for the types of the rest of the elites?

Mystic-Blaster
October 27th, 2004, 11:12 AM
a fly gym trainer would be cool...
as pokemon he could have:
Pidgeot - Noctowl - Skarmory - Fearow - Crobat - Dodrio

KoBRe LaiR
October 27th, 2004, 11:28 AM
The Darkening, I gotta say that you are one of the best spriters I've seem for Gold. Nice work! And hope to see this hack come out cool and soon!

The Darkening
October 27th, 2004, 05:46 PM
Thanks DAC, really appreciate that. Mystic-Blaster, I already have a bird gym, its the one in Goldenrod, thanks for the suggestion anyway. Well I've gone ahead and decided what the next elite 4 member is gonna be. Meet NICK the ground type trainer, this guy is real tough with variation of ground types, watch out for him.

The Darkening
November 4th, 2004, 06:48 AM
Here it is folks, the patch that completes Johto. All the elite 4 have been edited, inlcuding the champ. The all have new sprites, the elite 4 have different pokemon types as well. The champ still uses dragon but they have been changed and made stonger of course. Well below are the rest of the elite 4 and the champ (GRANT). The 8th gym was done as well, i didn't forget it. Ok, well, go to the site if the download doesn't work here, the site has all the info if you want it too plus more screenshots. Take it easy.

Mystic-Blaster
November 4th, 2004, 06:53 AM
the download worked fine for me, nice to see another patch :)

The Darkening
November 5th, 2004, 11:08 PM
Thanks mystic-blaster, good to see someone actually downloading the patch :)

Goatman56
November 7th, 2004, 07:43 AM
Great game I just started playing

The Darkening
November 8th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Thanks Goatman, appreciate that. There might be a new patch that has all trainer graphics changed so watch out there still might be another patch for this year.

PokemonChampion2K4
November 8th, 2004, 05:42 PM
good hack. But the hiker sprite is messed up (it looks like a Azumarril.)

The Darkening
November 8th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Ok cool I'll fix that up and bring out a fix patch, i've had to fix problems like that for pokemon i haven't seen it with the trainers. Thanks again if there are any more please tell I don't want to have glitches in my game.

KoBRe LaiR
December 24th, 2004, 05:00 AM
The Darkening... congratulations!!!
Your hack got HR for January.

Cool Cr@cker
December 24th, 2004, 07:52 AM
Yah!Yah!Go Gold go..2 Gold Hacks this month.
Great congrats Darkening!

The Darkening
December 25th, 2004, 10:53 PM
Geez thanks alot, this is awesome, looks like i'm gonna have to do an update for yas now :P. I know there are some graphics and stuff that are glitchy, so i'll get them fixed and i'll get the first gym done in kanto just to keep yas interested. Well have fun and all that, seeyas :D.

MegaDitto
December 27th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Nice hack what do you have next.

Pichuscute
January 6th, 2005, 02:46 PM
This hack is awesome i am going to go try to download it now ^_^ @_# #_# @_@ ^_~ @_~

Pichuscute
January 6th, 2005, 02:54 PM
how do i download Pkmn Shine when i tried it said it couldn`t find the file ????? I have know idea about computers I cant even type well anyways pls help me and srry for double posting

EVA-01
January 9th, 2005, 05:04 AM
there is an edit button >_<

nice work dude! ive always liked this hack, been following it for ages

Locke Yggdrasill
July 9th, 2005, 06:49 PM
^-^;; n00b question of the month. what program do i use to play it?

Red
July 9th, 2005, 07:16 PM
for those of you who haven't yet, check this out: Pokemon Shine (http://pokeshine.t35.com/hacks.htm)

Antares
July 10th, 2005, 11:25 AM
When will you work on Kanto?

pmknrommer
June 25th, 2007, 12:46 PM
hello i wanna test out pokemon shine i am a game hack tester! ive testes pokemon quartz,chaos black,orange,and narjana

Ryousha
June 25th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Great for reviving an old topic....

a Mod close this its been about 3 years??

KevinSephiroth
June 25th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Before locking the thread, what was this so "highly recommended" hack?? The link in his sig is down.

Forest Grovyle
June 25th, 2007, 03:24 PM
If you want to find out I suggest PMing the user. We can't keep this thread open any longer.

pkmnrommer, do NOT bump threads that are over a month old. Read the rules before posting again.

*locks*

--FG