PDA

View Full Version : If Lugia is the guardian of the sea what is Kyogre?

mrplanters
August 1st, 2006, 06:04 AM
If lugia is the guardian of the sea what is Kyogre? The guardian of the mud puddle?

adeebsworld
August 1st, 2006, 06:11 AM
Yup Kyogre's the guardian of the mud puddle

Alter Ego
August 1st, 2006, 06:14 AM
Simple, Kyogre isn't a guardian of anything whatsoever. Acording to Hoenn mythology (As can be learned in the R/S/E games) Kyogre was the creator of seas, but even that seems kind of dubious to me. Nyah, anyway, he/she/it is basically just a big troublemaker who likes to pick fights with Groudon. =P

pokemaster7
August 1st, 2006, 08:34 AM
Yup Kyogre's the guardian of the mud puddle
Never Ever mock Kyogre(ever..) Lugia is considerd the "beast of the sea" and the "Guardian of the sea." While Kyogre(I love kyogre!) has a few nicknames, "spirit of the sea" and the "Lord of the sea" aswell as the "Creator of the sea." Kyogre is not a gaudian, but a sort of ruler.

Skitty Miaow
August 1st, 2006, 08:37 AM
He's considered Creator of The Sea! But it's in different Regions kind of, so they probaly have different legends and such, of who rules the sea etc.

Gokey Shuckle
August 1st, 2006, 12:39 PM
Lugia protects the sea Kyogre created.

Lord Mike
August 1st, 2006, 01:56 PM
Lugia=Beast of the sea
Kyogre=Guardian of the sea

ohsnap07960
August 1st, 2006, 05:16 PM
lugia= gaurdian of sea
kyogre= creator of sea
manafi= king of sea (controls all water pokemon including lugia and kyogre)

Kotowari
August 2nd, 2006, 08:15 AM
I'd say Lugia was born before Kyogre. And they made the legend of Lugia before Kyogre's one.

Toothache
August 2nd, 2006, 08:24 AM
Pokedex entry:
Goldeen (Leaf Green)
Its tail fin billows like an elegant ballroom dress, giving it the nickname of "The Water Queen."

Goldeen is Queen of the Waters.

pokemaster7
August 2nd, 2006, 06:32 PM
Lugia couldn't be born before kyogre. because Kyogre created the sea during the battle of Kyogre and Groundon.Manaphy couldn't be a ruler of the sea since, according o the ninth movie, he was recently born! How could it rule the sea before it's birth? Kyogre must be the ruler since he was the only water type when the sea was created. If Kyogre has the power to create the sea, should'nt he rule it with complete maniulation.Besids how can manaphy leagily be th ruler, if Kyogre Created it, also is'nt the "lord of the sea" supposed to outpower the"prince of the sea"? Kyogre bestowed lugia the title of gaurdiun of the sea, aswell as Kyogre granted Manaphy to be his subsevent.

Kyogre:Creator/Lord of the sea
Manaphy:prince/subservent of Kyogre
Lugia:Guadiun/protector of the sea
note:goldeens named the water Queen because of it's expert swmming style.

Smarties-chan
August 3rd, 2006, 02:19 AM
Lugia couldn't be born before kyogre. because Kyogre created the sea during the battle of Kyogre and Groundon.Manaphy couldn't be a ruler of the sea since, according o the ninth movie, he was recently born! How could it rule the sea before it's birth? Kyogre must be the ruler since he was the only water type when the sea was created. If Kyogre has the power to create the sea, should'nt he rule it with complete maniulation.Besids how can manaphy leagily be th ruler, if Kyogre Created it, also is'nt the "lord of the sea" supposed to outpower the"prince of the sea"? Kyogre bestowed lugia the title of gaurdiun of the sea, aswell as Kyogre granted Manaphy to be his subsevent.

Kyogre:Creator/Lord of the sea
Manaphy:prince/subservent of Kyogre
Lugia:Guadiun/protector of the sea
note:goldeens named the water Queen because of it's expert swmming style.
Your spelling scares me. ;-; Anyway... on topic:

Kyogre is the creator of the sea and Lugia is the guardian of the sea, there's nothing more to say about it.

And Pokémaster7, how the heck do you expect Kyogre to be able to rule the sea if it has been sleeping for thousands of years? Perhaps Manaphy isn't the only of its kind and one (Or both.) of its parents is the ruler of the sea, that would explain the title ''Prince of the sea'' given to Manaphy. And don't start with that ''Kyogre is Manaphy's parent'' stuff again, because you have absolutely no evidence whatosever to prove it.

GengarROXmySOx
August 3rd, 2006, 03:01 AM
I Like Kygore a lot lol. Seriously he coool.

code zerro the deluge
August 6th, 2006, 05:35 AM
lugia= gaurdian of sea
kyogre= creator of sea
manafi= king of sea (controls all water pokemon including lugia and kyogre)

Lugia isn't a water pokemon. It's Psy/Flying. Manafi is not the king of the sea it's a baby. but then again King Tut was like 8 when he became king so heh?

pokemaster7
August 6th, 2006, 06:35 AM
Lugia isn't a water pokemon. It's Psy/Flying. Manafi is not the king of the sea it's a baby. but then again King Tut was like 8 when he became king so heh? Lugia is not a water type, although it lives in the water and can learn a variety of water type moves. Manaphy could'nt be king considering he was just born(Like you said)? Kyogre must rule the sea considering he was the only water type at the creation of the sea. (how could there be water types before the ocean). Manaphy dose not play a major role in the ocean besides it is a subservient of kyogre.
Your spelling scares me. ;-; Anyway... on topic:

Kyogre is the creator of the sea and Lugia is the guardian of the sea, there's nothing more to say about it.

And Pokémaster7, how the heck do you expect Kyogre to be able to rule the sea if it has been sleeping for thousands of years? Perhaps Manaphy isn't the only of its kind and one (Or both.) of its parents is the ruler of the sea, that would explain the title ''Prince of the sea'' given to Manaphy. And don't start with that ''Kyogre is Manaphy's parent'' stuff again, because you have absolutely no evidence whatosever to prove it.
I don't reveiw my spelling(sorry) i'll take this step by step. Kyogre has manipulation of the sea, although not necessarily it's pokemon. During it's sleep kyogre did not use the sea for anything. Although manaphy may not be a relative of Kyogre. An egg appearing out of no where? I said Kyogre is might be the parent of manaphy because it is the most likely water pokemon to bear manaphy as a child.(all pokemon must come somewhere. Even Kyogre, although it it probobly is mew.) If manaphy isn't related to kyogre then it must be Kyogre's "Subservent."
oftopic random note: my 100th post.

ohsnap07960
August 6th, 2006, 06:52 AM
uhhh... have you seen the movie poemaster??
if you havent i suggest you see it and THEN tell us what is the truth

52!
August 6th, 2006, 01:02 PM
yeah. he protects the sea that kyorgre created. thats right. but i still like guardien of the mud puddle

Smarties-chan
August 6th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Lugia is not a water type, although it lives in the water and can learn a variety of water type moves. Manaphy could'nt be king considering he was just born(Like you said)? Kyogre must rule the sea considering he was the only water type at the creation of the sea. (how could there be water types before the ocean). Manaphy dose not play a major role in the ocean besides it is a subservient of kyogre.

I don't reveiw my spelling(sorry) i'll take this step by step. Kyogre has manipulation of the sea, although not necessarily it's pokemon. During it's sleep kyogre did not use the sea for anything. Although manaphy may not be a relative of Kyogre. An egg appearing out of no where? I said Kyogre is might be the parent of manaphy because it is the most likely water pokemon to bear manaphy as a child.(all pokemon must come somewhere. Even Kyogre, although it it probobly is mew.) If manaphy isn't related to kyogre then it must be Kyogre's "Subservent."
oftopic random note: my 100th post.
I didn't say an egg appeared out of nowhere. <.< If you would have bothered actually reading my post, you would have seen this:
Perhaps Manaphy isn't the only of its kind and one (Or both.) of its parents is the ruler of the sea, that would explain the title ''Prince of the sea'' given to Manaphy.
And you still haven't explained how Kyogre was able to rule the sea when it was asleep. You could at least provide me with some evidence if you want me to believe your stories. <.< Oh, and Pokémon Emerald's Pokédex says:
Kyogre has appeared in mythology as the creator of the sea. After long years of feuding with Groudon, it took to sleep at the bottom of the sea.
Now, where does it mention anything about Kyogre being a ruler of anything?

latios1993
August 7th, 2006, 12:04 AM
well kyogre rules the sea because it made it and it's bigger, older and stonger than manephy and lugia

Smarties-chan
August 7th, 2006, 12:28 AM
well kyogre rules the sea because it made it and it's bigger, older and stonger than manephy and lugia
''Manephy''... I have never heard of a Pokémon like that. Anyway, on topic again: Why does everyone seem to ignore the sentence
Perhaps Manaphy isn't the only of its kind and one (Or both.) of its parents is the ruler of the sea, that would explain the title ''Prince of the sea'' given to Manaphy.
And the fact that Kyogre made it proves nothing. Everyone needs a slice of the cake, don't they? And what if Manaphy's parents were born at the same time Kyogre was?

viridian doubletongue
August 7th, 2006, 03:32 AM
The sea's a big place.. It could have two guardians.

Auron
August 7th, 2006, 03:58 AM
I think Kyogre is the Sea Creator.

TRHQ Concrete
August 9th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Kyogre lies dormant at the bottom of the sea, resting, no? If it awakens, the world would be engulfed by the seas. I guess while Kyogre remains an enigma to everyone, ensure safety, Lugia takes the role as the sea's guardian? The mythology doesn't say he defends the sea. It only creates.

Kotowari
August 9th, 2006, 09:58 PM
I agree with that.
Land and Water were created by two creatures. Those two go hibernating, and then others come to make sure all is going the way it should be.

Kylie-chan
August 10th, 2006, 04:48 AM
And who said there can't be *two* guardians? 8D~ Besides, Kyogre could be the guardian of the whole concept of water. oO; *wanders off*

Kurono
August 10th, 2006, 07:39 AM
Yeah, Kyogre "created" the Sea according to the games' mythology.

Lugia is correctly indicated as its Guardian, according to PokeDex entries.

viridian doubletongue
August 10th, 2006, 08:25 AM
So Kyogre would be more of a King of the sea as opposed to a guardian.

pokemaster7
August 10th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Well I am not talking aboute that kind of pokemon mytholegy. Assuming that then Legendery pokemon are not one of a kind(exept for mew.) We couled say that there are duplicates of a legendery pokemon (ex:more then one Groudon.). That Might explaine that Ash and co. says "a" before each legendery. The pokemon mythology I am talking aboute is that most legendary pokemon are one of a kind.
Kyogre lies dormant at the bottom of the sea, resting, no? If it awakens, the world would be engulfed by the seas. I guess while Kyogre remains an enigma to everyone, ensure safety, Lugia takes the role as the sea's guardian? The mythology doesn't say he defends the sea. It only creates.

Kyogre is a benevolent creature (exept when it comes to Groudon). In the anime Kyogre was outraged because it was captured and used for evil. depicting Kyogre as a beast is completely wrong!(Same goes for Groudon and Rayquaza.)
So Kyogre would be more of a King of the sea as opposed to a guardian.
In a sence of controlling the sea itself not the pokemon in it.
And who said there can't be *two* guardians? 8D~ Besides, Kyogre could be the guardian of the whole concept of water. oO; *wanders off*
then why isn't lugia refered to "one of the Gaudians of the sea " instead. When whe use the term "sea" we refer to all the bodies of water.

Auron
August 11th, 2006, 03:26 AM
I agree with that.
Land and Water were created by two creatures. Those two go hibernating, and then others come to make sure all is going the way it should be.

And when Kyogre awakes, rain starts to pour...

So, It's the creator.

Rinji
August 11th, 2006, 04:09 AM
Kyogre is lugia's annoying next-door neighbor.

pokemaster7
August 11th, 2006, 06:06 AM
No,its Vice-verca.this is kyogre's "to-do" list.
1.make a tidal wave 10am-1pm
2.sleep1pm-7pm
3.battle with Groudon 7pm-10pm
sleep 10pm-10am

Esupio
August 11th, 2006, 09:54 AM
durh
Lugia mated with a Wailord, and ye got ya' self kyroge.

Kyroge is Lugia's love child.

Rioku_Zanketa
August 11th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Kyogre is a benevolent creature (exept when it comes to Groudon). In the anime Kyogre was outraged because it was captured and used for evil. depicting Kyogre as a beast is completely wrong!(Same goes for Groudon and Rayquaza.)

rayquaza??!!!!!didn't it knock something out of the sky just because it came into its atmosphere?".....(isn't that what happened in a movie?....I haven't seen it in a while,so I'm not sure...but it's the one where groudon and Kyogre fight and stuff....)

Esupio
August 11th, 2006, 10:38 AM
rayquaza??!!!!!didn't it knock something out of the sky just because it came into its atmosphere?".....(isn't that what happened in a movie?....I haven't seen it in a while,so I'm not sure...but it's the one where groudon and Kyogre fight and stuff....)
that was deoxys, and that was ebil :O

cody2cool
August 11th, 2006, 03:50 PM
No, luigia IS the guardian and kyogre IS the creator, but kyogre is ALSO backup for lugia!

Drew
August 11th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Exactly... There can be two Guardians. Still I don't think of Lugia when thinking up Kyogre's title... But...does it really matter all that much?

I'm going with the idea of 'two' guardians...
There also in two totally different locations.

Smarties-chan
August 11th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Well I am not talking aboute that kind of pokemon mytholegy. Assuming that then Legendery pokemon are not one of a kind(exept for mew.) We couled say that there are duplicates of a legendery pokemon (ex:more then one Groudon.). That Might explaine that Ash and co. says "a" before each legendery. The pokemon mythology I am talking aboute is that most legendary pokemon are one of a kind.
I think you got the concept of ''legendary'' wrong. A legendary Pokémon does not necessarily have to be one of a kind, (*CoughLatiasandLatioscough*) a legendary Pokémon can also just be a Pokémon described in myths and legends. Hence why Arcanine is often referred to as legendary.
Maybe Kyogre isn't a beast, but it sure causes more trouble than good *Coughworldwidedisasterscough*.
In a sence of controlling the sea itself not the pokemon in it.
Kyogre doesn't control the sea, it just expands it.
then why isn't lugia refered to "one of the Gaudians of the sea " instead. When whe use the term "sea" we refer to all the bodies of water.
Because Lugia is the only guardian, and if that's what you meant, then I finally have to agree with you.
No,its Vice-verca.this is kyogre's "to-do" list.
1.make a tidal wave 10am-1pm
2.sleep1pm-7pm
3.battle with Groudon 7pm-10pm
sleep 10pm-10am
Um... Kyogre's scehdule would be more like:

First day: Create the sea
Next two centuries: Battle with Groudon for no apparent reason
Next day: Sleep for a couple of hundred-thousand years
After the time has passed: Fight with Groudon again, just because some idiot decided to wake them up.

If you don't have any proof for your theories, why bother replying? I'm not saying I have much proof for my theories, either, but the only reason you're doing this is because Kyogre is your favourite Pokémon and you want to believe it's more powerful than it is. Dunsparce is my favourite Pokémon, but you don't see me posting around the forums saying stuff like ''Dunsparce is the ruler of all Pokémon because I say so. =O'' Things in life just don't work that way, that's why you need evidence. (Note the bolded, italic text.)
Exactly... There can be two Guardians. Still I don't think of Lugia when thinking up Kyogre's title... But...does it really matter all that much?

I'm going with the idea of 'two' guardians...
There also in two totally different locations.
I believe the regions are pretty closely connected, meaning Lugia would have no trouble traveling to Hoenn from Johto.

Esupio
August 12th, 2006, 12:40 AM
durh
Lugia mated with a Wailord, and ye got ya' self kyroge.

Kyroge is Lugia's love child.
Backup time,
This was in the time before some idiot enforced the rule that legendaries can't breed so legendaries were like free game, and a wailord got there first, and for when legendaries breed,the results look like both parents, this wailord had red seaweed stuck to it, so the creation gets lugia's wings shurnken down and the body of a wailord shurken down WITH RED SEAWEED.

*shot*

miyo
August 12th, 2006, 10:19 PM
maybe the creator of the sea? then after the beautiful creation, Kyogre runs off to some other places create more sea/ocean, while Lugia protects and guards the seas Kyogre created..

viridian doubletongue
August 13th, 2006, 02:54 AM
Backup time,
This was in the time before some idiot enforced the rule that legendaries can't breed so legendaries were like free game, and a wailord got there first, and for when legendaries breed,the results look like both parents, this wailord had red seaweed stuck to it, so the creation gets lugia's wings shurnken down and the body of a wailord shurken down WITH RED SEAWEED.

*shot*

That almost made me actually laugh out loud first time reading that.

RARE-Pokemon-Master
August 15th, 2006, 11:16 AM
PIKACHU is the ruler of the Univeres

FFX383
August 17th, 2006, 02:37 PM
kyogre is a water type and he created the sea, while lugia is a psy/flying and watches over it. Just like code zero said.

LOL guardian of the mud puddle, maby it should learn muddy water, mud sport, mud shot, and mud slap. LOL a new breed of pokemon MUDD!

Rashoumon
August 18th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Mud puddle guardian. *sprite idea*
Kyogre created and rules the sea. Lugia guards the sea. Manafi is a 4th Gen Failure (tm).

what?
August 18th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Manafi is a 4th Gen Failure (tm).

yes! someone said it.

manafi looks so unoriginal compared to celebi and especially jirachi.
it's just water curves and jewels and tiny decorations here and there.

there's an entire kingdom in the ocean! whoa. a prince, some kings and queens, a guard, and an architect.

BulbasaurFan
August 20th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Yeah, no one ever said there is only one guardian, and one only. THey can be... guardian-mates!!! ^^

ImJessieTR
August 21st, 2006, 08:42 AM
I don't see why Lugia can't run the seas when Kyrogue takes a nap. In any case, how do we know they run the WHOLE seas? I mean, just because the OI islanders said Lugia ran the whole seas and over in Hoenn they say Kyrogue runs the whole seas doesn't mean one of them is lying. Lugia is central to Johto mythology, while Kyrogue is central to Hoenn mythology. You can have multiple gods who do the same work but differ only in the region they originate from.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 21st, 2006, 04:09 PM
[FONT="Georgia"]I don't see why Lugia can't run the seas when Kyrogue takes a nap. In any case, how do we know they run the WHOLE seas? I mean, just because the OI islanders said Lugia ran the whole seas and over in Hoenn they say Kyrogue runs the whole seas doesn't mean one of them is lying. Lugia is central to Johto mythology, while Kyrogue is central to Hoenn mythology. You can have multiple gods who do the same work but differ only in the region they originate from.
[COLOR="Purple"] Yea I was going to say something like this, and I totally agree with this

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

NeonZeonis
June 19th, 2013, 08:57 AM
As far as seas go in the real world I have no doubt Lugia has his, and Kyogre sleeps in another. The word sea is rarely generalized to mean all water on Earth(or whatever pokeworld equivalent.) Johto and Hoenn are different areas.

TwilightBlade
June 19th, 2013, 10:45 AM
This thread hasn't been posted in since 2006, yikes. Please don't bump dead threads, which are considered dead after 30 days after the last post. Feel free to remake the topic if interested.

Closed~