View Full Version : Anyone making a yellow hack

El Diabeetus
August 2nd, 2006, 10:23 PM
Ive made sceptile sprites if you want to use them. There Edited rse sprite

August 3rd, 2006, 7:18 PM
They suck.Those are horrible,bad shading,(even for a devamp) and it looks...just bad.

August 3rd, 2006, 7:47 PM
They suck.Those are horrible,bad shading,(even for a devamp) and it looks...just bad.
If you're going to criticize someone's sprites, then please make it constructive criticism - just saying they're "bad" doesn't help a person out at all, and is generally unneeded.

As for my own critique on these: I'd suggest taking a look at some actual yellow version sprites, just to get a better idea of how these should look. These have too many colors, for one; all sprites from the first generation of games have a maximum of four colors (black, white, plus two shades of gray or any other color). As well, they also need more in the way of outlines - yellow sprites have a black outline, with the darker of the two colors dotting it in places (can't quite describe it properly, but again, take a look at a yellow sprite). Just keep practicing, and you'll get things eventually. :)

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
August 4th, 2006, 3:46 AM
The sceptile could use some shading, to make it look more like it was from R/B/Y.
And it could use more of a outline.

August 4th, 2006, 3:58 AM
I find it funny how some people think R/B/Y sprites didnt have shading. Look it needs shading and an outline. It currently looks like a green blob in the shape of sceptile. It needs to be a bit bigger also. 1.2/10

El Diabeetus
August 6th, 2006, 11:26 PM
yellow and silver sceptile

August 7th, 2006, 3:15 AM
They are a bit better, you sorta worked on the shading a bit, but still, they aren't too good. you need to try and use paint and get a thin black line, and work on the pkmn G/S shading aswell. overall, a...4/10 for silver, you need to have a thin black line and a little more...gold/silver likeness and 4.2/10 for yellow sprite, as it looks ok, but the black line and the shading still need work, and I cant see its eye very much. Also, try making it look like a yellow sprite, make it look, older. overall, a 30/100 for you...

August 8th, 2006, 8:39 PM
Did you even read the posts here?Well one has two bright colors,the mouths to big,and its almots NO shading.1.5/10

August 8th, 2006, 8:43 PM
I Should Admit They Do Look Bad But Sceptile Is A Hard Pokemon To Devamp...Start With Something Easy Like An Azuril Or Some Other Small Pokemon With Less Color...