PDA

View Full Version : What color is Geodude?

zephadus
April 17th, 2004, 06:42 PM
What color is Geodude?
I've seen him in grey and brown.
If it were up to you, what color would Geodude be?
Grey or Brown?

Wing Zero
April 17th, 2004, 06:45 PM
if it were up to me id have to say GRAY, only because thats the ONLY way ive seen him ever...this is kinda a weird thread, but its cool ~_^

zephadus
April 17th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Yeah, who would expect a thread like this, huh? lol
I'm thinkin' that maybe I could make some sort of game out of this somehow...
Maybe I could make polls for certain Pokmon's colors, then draw them that way and see what they look like... That might be fun for a while... lol

Imakuni?
April 17th, 2004, 06:49 PM
i gotta say grey even though ive seen a brown geodude

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
April 17th, 2004, 08:30 PM
I picked grey. I'm pretty sure he's grey.

Rift
April 17th, 2004, 09:12 PM
i dont see Light Tangerine anywhere... T_T XD j/k i say grey cause brown Geodude...theres 2 ways he coulda gotten that way 1)rolling in mud, or 2) rolling in...well ya know XD

Dizzy
April 17th, 2004, 09:17 PM
i dont see Light Tangerine anywhere... T_T XD j/k i say grey cause brown Geodude...theres 2 ways he coulda gotten that way 1)rolling in mud, or 2) rolling in...well ya know XD

Lol I was going to say Lime Green... @_@ What.. It could happen lol.. *gets neon paint and paints Scott same color as Geodude*... hehe YOU LOOK LIKE A Lime! :) Yummy Dude

Chairman Kaga
April 18th, 2004, 11:17 AM
It's debatable...at times I see him as grey, and others as brown...but more often than not, he's looked brown to me. Even if I wasn't sure, I'd go with brown anyway since Graveler and Golem are both brown as well and because I can't recall any grey ground-type pokemon off the top of my head :P

Dizzy
April 18th, 2004, 12:46 PM
It's debatable...at times I see him as grey, and others as brown...but more often than not, he's looked brown to me. Even if I wasn't sure, I'd go with brown anyway since Graveler and Golem are both brown as well and because I can't recall any grey ground-type pokemon off the top of my head :P

In the Older Pictures (Before GS series) he was rather grey, as were all his evolutions. Im thinking gray. But then again, In The More Recent Games he became browner, So I guess he's brown..

Rift
April 18th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Or it iz a new spezies o' Geodude! XD *drops the accent* lol lime green? it could happen, make Geodude rub grass long enough till he has a giant grass stain over his body XD

MiNuN*
April 18th, 2004, 04:41 PM
Of course geodude is grey, I mean like come on if you havent seen the anim thats just sad lol

AzurillLady
April 18th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Um..when is Geodude been Gravy? I have always seen him in a light Brown shade.

Dizzy
April 18th, 2004, 05:57 PM
Or it iz a new spezies o' Geodude! XD *drops the accent* lol lime green? it could happen, make Geodude rub grass long enough till he has a giant grass stain over his body XD

LOL But I thought Geodude was allergic to Grass and stuff lol. WAIT!!!

Once upon a time, Geodude and a Roselia lived together. Everyother pokemon died, and Geodude was hungry... So Guess what? He Ate Roselia and it made him sick... He Turned green, and he stayed like that forever..
The End :)

Scyther5
April 18th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Geodude is brown, check www.pokemon.com then go to the pokedex and find Geodue's picture, he is a brownish color with a grey shade.

Iveechan
April 18th, 2004, 07:07 PM
Geodude is like Michael Jackson...

AJHalliwell
April 18th, 2004, 07:18 PM
Isn't it possable Geodude are like Humans? They come in many colors! (Dark, Tanned, white, pale) Ya know.
Then there's another possibility, maybe Geodude are like humans another way. Maybe when he's brown, it means he's getting tanned! (Like humans tan in the sun) That would explain why he went from grey, to progressivly browner. (He's more of a tan on avarage).
And to evolve, you have to battle right? So he goes out and battles in the sun turning Brown!
What I'm trying to say (Yes, I do occasionally have points somewhere in my ramblings) Geodude was greyest in his first episode, in which since brock couldn't leave his family, he probably didn't leave the inside of that gym often! So he was pale (grey). Then he joined ash, and was used in the sun more often! So he got tanned! OMG, what a lame excuse. Sorry, I've been awake to many hours in a row 'n.n
I said brown.

jynx
April 19th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Hee hee...what is Jynx's face colour? XD

I think Geodude's colour is....

GREYISH BROWN! XDD

chrissmith_uk
April 19th, 2004, 01:12 PM
I always thought he was brown.... oh well.

Dark_Absol
April 19th, 2004, 02:34 PM
NONE! Geodude is green! Take a look into http://www.pokeschool.com/tcg/scans/challenge/brocks_geodude.jpg

Pokedragonfire
April 19th, 2004, 03:43 PM
In some cards he is drawn brown but in the offical picture is brown. Go here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/v2dex057.gif) to see.

Geometric-sama
April 19th, 2004, 09:15 PM
Grey, I think - he's always looked grey to me, and it suits him better.

jynx
April 20th, 2004, 04:01 AM
Right...better the left side is grey and the right side is brown.
Could be the other way round!XD

dqle
April 20th, 2004, 05:39 AM
Geodudes look grey (gray, whatever), but they're actually brown. I did some rigorous research. (PokDex in Ruby/Saphire) Since the new Pokdex can sort Pokmon by color, I did so. When I looked up grey, Geodude wasn't there. When I looked for brown, Geodude and the rest of its evolutions were listed.

jynx
April 20th, 2004, 07:13 AM
Do they divide them by colours!? o_O|||
What was Jynx then?

dqle
April 20th, 2004, 08:12 AM
Sorry. I said the Pokdex from Ruby/Saphire. Jinx isn't in Ruby/Saphire.

jynx
April 20th, 2004, 09:43 AM
Oh I see!
Does it work for Japanese as well?

Geometric-sama
April 20th, 2004, 06:10 PM
My theory is... that the Pokmon people are very confused, and think grey=brown! XD

HiKaizer
April 21st, 2004, 03:26 AM
Maybe if you view them under ultraviolet they turns brown?

jynx
April 21st, 2004, 04:33 AM
Maybe Geodudes know how to change their own colour! XD

Moonlit_Angel
April 21st, 2004, 04:42 PM
I say Geodude is more of a grey color. Then again, I always called it greyish-brown. I'd prefer calling it both. ;)

HiKaizer
April 22nd, 2004, 01:22 AM
It probably varies from area to area depending on conditions, like how people in african and south american countries tend to have darker skin because their ancestors spent more time in the sun and westerners tend to have paler skin tones because they tended to come from colder climates.

I think one of the other Pokmon has a Pokdex entry in one version that aludes to things like this happening....

jynx
April 22nd, 2004, 01:32 AM
Yo! Good point!
Anyway, just think what you want...

Moonlit_Angel
April 23rd, 2004, 01:51 PM
Yeah, from depending on area, I'd say HiKaizer is right! Some more grey, some more brown! Yay! :classic:

Ryoutarou
April 23rd, 2004, 01:52 PM
Geodudes look grey (gray, whatever), but they're actually brown. I did some rigorous research. (PokDex in Ruby/Saphire) Since the new Pokdex can sort Pokmon by color, I did so. When I looked up grey, Geodude wasn't there. When I looked for brown, Geodude and the rest of its evolutions were listed.
He is grey have you ever seen a brown rock?
EDIT: Dont answer that...

AZSupraT
April 23rd, 2004, 02:06 PM
Its a rock, go out side and pick up a handfull of rocks, its all of those colors, rocks have different colors just like humans.

Thats what I think anyways.

Dizzy
April 23rd, 2004, 02:12 PM
He is grey have you ever seen a brown rock?
EDIT: Dont answer that...

Professor Blue Maybe you should research this.

Totally Right VRoad :). Rocks have different colors, textures, shapes, ...Shapes.

AZSupraT
April 23rd, 2004, 02:37 PM
Yeah, never seen a Sedona Red Rock Geodude?
http://vroad.net/rrg.gif

Reptar
April 23rd, 2004, 11:45 PM
OoOoH....A sapphire Geodude...Or an emerald geodude...or a purdyful opal geodude! ^_^ Sorry, thinking out loud....

Ryoutarou
April 24th, 2004, 08:09 AM
ya but were talking about there world not ours and geodude is a living thing so you never know...

Kitty17794
April 24th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Gray...he should look like a rock, not a dirt clod

Yami's Girl
April 24th, 2004, 11:02 AM
I think brown. But thats the way I always thought about it.

Duke R
April 24th, 2004, 12:13 PM
I dunno... But the most real thought is that it variates by region...
-
Jynx's color is RED... But she's face'n hands are purple...

Blue_Revan
April 24th, 2004, 03:37 PM
he was a dark green on pokemon snap. Thats what i would go by

Aj1
April 24th, 2004, 04:17 PM
geodude is Brown.

:rambo: cuz they say it blends in the ground and the ground is brown

Blue_Revan
April 24th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Maby its back gets dusty when it goes undergound.

Dizzy
April 24th, 2004, 06:01 PM
It has come to my knowledge, that Geodude is the New Multi-Colored Michael Jackson.

Blue_Revan
April 24th, 2004, 06:06 PM
AHH this is an G rated website. NO talking about people who do naughty things to little children OK?

Wing Zero
April 24th, 2004, 06:06 PM
mabey their color varies depending on the soil or rock they inhabit?
if they were in a granite quarry...ooooh! granite geodudes!
thats my theory, makes sence too

Blue_Revan
April 24th, 2004, 06:09 PM
maby there are color changes becuase the diffrent kinds of pokemon parents they have.

Aj1
April 24th, 2004, 06:16 PM
yea i guess that it is that one..

but even if it goes underground it won't come out the colour..lol

Brown is the way

ohh yea good j/k bout micheal

Dizzy
April 24th, 2004, 06:21 PM
AHH this is an G rated website. NO talking about people who do naughty things to little children OK?

As a Pokemon Professor, these discoveries are Vital to what I'm studying. Geodude, is the Techni-Color Dream Coat. He's the Rainbow.

Aj1
April 24th, 2004, 06:26 PM
wat?? how do u mean rainbow??? that has 7 colours..

PokmonTrainerKinkoBlast
April 26th, 2004, 04:16 PM
wat?? how do u mean rainbow??? that has 7 colours..
From http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~haygreen/joseph/lyrics/full.htm
----
It was red and yellow and green and brown
And scarlet and black and ocher and peach
And ruby and olive and violet and fawn
And lilac and gold and chocolate and mauve
And cream and crimson and silver and rose
And azure and lemon and russet and grey
And purple and white and pink and orange
And blue
----
NO SAPPHIRE? ARAGH!
anyway, he is kinda brownish grey. I wonder why they didnt do slight couleration changes on ALL the pokemon. i mean, they did spindas spots.(look closely, they ARE different!) ofcorse, 5 shades each, plus five shades for each shiny, and all the unown, and all the castforms, and all the spinda's and any othe pokemon that change, that adds up! o corse, they COULD store only a base couler or two and use a greyscale bitmap for shadeing... but in coulusium...(anyone know if spinda's spots move over, even?)...
--Rants for a long time--
--Berry glitch kicks in--
--RTC battery dies--
...and thats why you never go to meet a purple-pink shromish!