PDA

View Full Version : Legendary Pokemon

hale
September 25th, 2006, 03:47 PM
I have a few questions I still haven't figured out since I was in 5th grade about legendary pokemon. Where the hell did Ho-oh come from? I remember some episode or movie that had Ho-oh in it besides the first or second episode. Where did Rayquaza come from? What about the 3 dogs? So is Mew the oldest pokemon in the world? I haven't seen a lot of the movies so I need some information about this.

miyo
September 25th, 2006, 07:56 PM
actually, even the movies don't give much details about their origins for some pokemon.. erm, do they? =/ as far as I can remember, I don't think so... hmmms.

Natsuki
September 27th, 2006, 12:56 PM
*taps* Language. :x

Well, legendary Pokemon are all shrouded in mystery, really. Some theorize Ho-oh as representing the "God" of all Pokemon. While there's Groudon - ruler of the land; Kyogre - ruler of the sea; and Rayquaza - ruler of the skies. Asking where legendary Pokemon came from is a rather tough question to answer. As to how the Pokemon became a legend in and of itself is a complicated topic.

The time and place the Pokemon was "born" could have had some effect. And maybe some Pokemon like Rayquaza where created when the earth was created. You can make up almost any theory you like and it can seem just as plausible as the next.

I could really go on and on about this topic, but I'm gonna stop there before my post gets very long. XD; Just my two cents~ :x

~Kelsey

Death Rogers
September 27th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Well, I know that Mew was created in a laboratory. And the three dogs (Which are really cats BTW.) are supposed to be the guardians of the Johto Region. I guess they were always there.

Water Sage
September 27th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Well, yeah... Suicune is the West or something... yadda yadda yadda... So maybe they are like Gods that created the Pokemon World.

EDIT: Oh, and Mew was NOT created in a lab, that was MewTWO!

Death Rogers
September 27th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Oh, and Mew was NOT created in a lab, that was MewTWO!
Really? I thought he was and Mewtwo was supposed to be an "improvement" on the first experiment or something. Oh well. I haven't seen the first movie in 6 years.

Professor Pine
September 29th, 2006, 08:36 AM
Mew was an anient pokemon whose fozzilied eyebrow was found. Mewtwo was cloned from this.

CHaRiSMa
September 30th, 2006, 01:04 AM
Kyogre - ruler of the sea

If Kyogre is ruler of the sea then what is Lugia???

Skymin
September 30th, 2006, 01:35 AM
Lugia is beast of the sea....
If you watched the movie, it would say heh

Eureka1
September 30th, 2006, 01:52 AM
that's like asking where did life come from :P

Smarties-chan
September 30th, 2006, 01:59 AM
Honestly, is it even possible to ask a harder question regarding Pokémon? There are hundreds, or maybe even thousands of different theories for how the legendary Pokémon were created and all of them are equally true. I think the origin of the legendary Pokémon is one of those things that were never meant for people to know. It's kinda like the those things fans can come up with their own theories for and feel proud of themselves if their right when the information is revealed, except in this case you can't be right because there isn't any right theory... or something along those lines. O.o
If Kyogre is ruler of the sea then what is Lugia???
Lugia has always been refered to as the guardian of the sea; not the ruler of the sea.
Kyogre - ruler of the sea
I don't think I have ever heard Kyogre being called the ruler of the sea in the games or the anime. (I don't watch the anime that much anymore, but meh...) I can't say anything about the manga, as I haven't read the R/S/E saga, but I don't think Kyogre was ever called the ruler of the sea in the manga, either. True, Kyogre is the creator of the sea, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the ruler. And how is Kyogre supposed to rule the world when it's asleep? 'Course I could be wrong, but I haven't heard any other theories about Kyogre that actually make sense, so I'm sticking to mine untill I hear a better one.

Lugia is beast of the sea....
If you watched the movie, it would say heh
Uh... no! Lugia is the guardian of the sea, unless you're saying that the game Pokédexes are wrong. (And the games are much older than the anime, by the way.)

I'm not sure whether they ever mentioned Lugia being the guardian of the sea in the second Pokémon movie because it's a long time since I last saw it and I have only see the Finnish dub of it anyway, but the fact that it appeared when Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres awakened and messed up the underwater torrents or whatnot pretty much proves that Lugia is the guardian of the sea.

Skymin
September 30th, 2006, 02:07 AM
Nuh UH!
i remember that they called him the BEAST of the sea...
yeah a bit of guardian here and there but Oak called him Beast

EDIT : btw, i agree with your first paragraph

miyo
September 30th, 2006, 06:09 AM
Well, I know that Mew was created in a laboratory. And the three dogs (Which are really cats BTW.) are supposed to be the guardians of the Johto Region. I guess they were always there.

Mew wasn't created in a lab.. Mewtwo was.

Water Sage
September 30th, 2006, 06:45 AM
I believe Oak did call him the "beast" here and there, though I think Lugia is the Gaurdian...

miyo
September 30th, 2006, 08:11 AM
I believe Oak did call him the "beast" here and there, though I think Lugia is the Gaurdian...

From the movie, Lugia is known as both "the beast of the sea" and "water's great guardian" xD

Sarah Keller
September 30th, 2006, 09:49 AM
I have a few questions I still haven't figured out since I was in 5th grade about legendary pokemon. Where the hell did Ho-oh come from? I remember some episode or movie that had Ho-oh in it besides the first or second episode. Where did Rayquaza come from? What about the 3 dogs? So is Mew the oldest pokemon in the world? I haven't seen a lot of the movies so I need some information about this.

Pokemon are not real. Don't take them so seriously.

Skymin
September 30th, 2006, 11:47 AM
hah!
it dosnt sound like your a good fan of pokemon, eh?

miyo
October 1st, 2006, 12:41 AM
Pokemon are not real. Don't take them so seriously.

fans would almost treat pokemon as they were real, wouldn't they? although I know I'm deceiving myself by believing in their existence, I choose to think that pokemon are real~

Skymin
October 1st, 2006, 01:26 AM
heh hear hear, me and my next door neighboor would ask each other if pkmn was real, what would you have? heh this was when i was younger but i had so much fun heh heh

FAiM
October 1st, 2006, 02:31 AM
3 dogs became created by ho-oh...

Skymin
October 1st, 2006, 02:54 AM
wow, where did you get that theroy from?

Sejaa
October 1st, 2006, 06:05 AM
this is probley wrong so correct me if im wrong

Mew : some Old Pokemon which theres only one of and im not sure but in pokemon lucario and the mystry of mew mews supposed to give life to the that tree and to the world or something like that

Mewtwo : clone of Mew.

Zapdos : A legendary bird (not sure abut these)

Articuno : A legendary bird (not sure abut these)

moltres : The flame that lighted the Pokémon League A legendary bird (not sure abut these)

Lugia : The protecter of the 3 legendary birds

Entei : Entei is one of the legendary feline Pokémon that were reincarnated by the pokemon Ho-oh From an prevoius pokemon who had died at Burnt Tower.
People Thought it was reincarnated from an flareon.

Raikou : Raikou is one of the legendary feline Pokémon that were reincarnated by the pokemon Ho-oh From an prevoius pokemon who had died at Burnt Tower. People Thought it was reincarnated from an Jolteon.

Suicune : Suicune is one of the legendary feline Pokémon that were reincarnated by the pokemon Ho-oh From an prevoius pokemon who had died at Burnt Tower. People Thought it was reincarnated from an Vaporeon.

Ho-Oh : This Pokemon Is the protector of the 3 legendary cat's/dog's

Celebi : Celebi apparently engages in the amazing act of time travel. It is the Ilex Forest protector.

The 3 regi's : im not sure about these but wikipedia says this : The three Regis are also thought to be representative of certain time periods in the history of the Earth, Regirock being the Stone Age representative, Regice representing the Ice Age, and Registeel for the Iron Age.

Lati@s : im not sure but i do no there has been sighting of herds so theres are more than one (wikipedia again^^)

Kyogre : in the beggining of the world kyogre created the sea (legend).

Groudon : in the begginging of the world groudon created the land (legend)

Rayquaza : Rayquaza resides within the ozone layer of the earth if Groudon and kyogre were to fight it would return to the ground

Jirachi : Jirachi is the wish maker Jirachi's third eye can funnel the cosmic power noted above, and is not used for natural sight. this eye is used to absorb the cosmic energy of the Millennium comet And awakes every 1000 years for 7 days

Deoxy's : This pokemon is from outer space who arrived in an comet more than one deoxy's has been seen and It has 4 forms the normal form (ruby-saphire) Attack Form (Fire Red) Defence form (leaf green) Speed Form (emerald)

My longest post so far hope it helps and like i said tell me if its wrong in parts

chaotic_umbreon
October 1st, 2006, 06:13 AM
umm hi, isnt manafi like prince of the sea, and deoxys(to me) isnt really a pokemon because if u read teh pokedex in the games, he's a mutated virus

FAiM
October 1st, 2006, 07:03 AM
Prygon became created by Akihabara-hakase (according to anime, ep. Electric Solider Porygon), and also is pokemon... so Deoxys is pokemon too...

wow, where did you get that theroy from?
sorry, I didn't write exactly... Ho-oh reincarnated 3 pokemon which died in Burnt Tower, which probably earlier former Flareon, Jolteon and Vaporeon (what did Sejaa write already), so Ho-oh created 3 dogs...

rekt
October 1st, 2006, 07:25 AM
Ho-Oh is a terrible Uber Pokemon.

hale
October 1st, 2006, 08:37 PM
Alright I see your guys's point.

Skymin
October 1st, 2006, 10:54 PM
i wish you could catch the wacky legendarys without those special events!

djvolcom
October 2nd, 2006, 04:37 AM
Wow, pretty nice information on the legendary pokemon

Black_Wind
October 2nd, 2006, 04:59 AM
If i rember correctly you are told bout the dogs in the tin and burnt towers,
the regis were made as protectors in cause Groundon or Kyogre attacked.
The birds are just Birds, apart from Ho oh is a phoniex at travels around to bringing Pokemon back to life, Lugia lives in the sea because it is afraid of it own power and only comes out when its needed.
This stuff im trying to rember

hale
October 4th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Is Mewtwo counted as a legendary pokemon? I know he has the powers of the legendary Mew, but Mewtwo is just a clone. How would you count him as a legendary pokemon?

Skymin
October 4th, 2006, 11:18 PM
definatly... because theres only one, and its hard to get

Black_Wind
October 4th, 2006, 11:53 PM
I dont think so cause not many people know he's around but those who do know for a fact.

Skymin
October 5th, 2006, 12:28 AM
?? tonnes of people know about him, hes like the FIRST ever legendary! and he was on the first movie, as a legendary.. and he came FROM a legendary... si i think he is..

Feraligatr19
October 5th, 2006, 04:29 AM
nobody anywhere has explained about the legendary birds, what do they do or do they just exist and fly?

CHaRiSMa
October 5th, 2006, 05:33 AM
nobody anywhere has explained about the legendary birds, what do they do or do they just exist and fly?

If I understood the second movie right; Zapdos, Articuno and Moltrace try to keep the delicate Earth balance (Moltrace protects the fire force - probably in the meaning of vulcanos and lava, Articuno protects the land waters, the underground water current and ice caps and Zapdos protects the electric forces (?) - probably in the meaning of all the energy that binds the elements)
But hey that's just a theory of mine :P

definatly... because theres only one, and its hard to get

?? tonnes of people know about him, hes like the FIRST ever legendary! and he was on the first movie, as a legendary.. and he came FROM a legendary... si i think he is..

I agree eventhough Mewtwo is in fact a clone he was the first ˝solo˝ pokemon (meaning there's only one). And the very defintion of a legendary pokemon is that there's always only one of them.. Plus he was created from a legendary pokemon, I think that alone is enough proof that Mewtwo is nor ordinary pokemon. And also the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant (man now I'm begining to even quote Mewtwo XD) so who cares if he's a clone, he is a legendary pokemon.

Skymin
October 5th, 2006, 12:02 PM
heh thanks for backing me up...
whoa, but so much info

Black_Wind
October 6th, 2006, 02:19 AM
You guys seem not be seeing the meaning of legendary people none Mewtwo is around cause they made him........the others have a legend to them Mewtwo is surrounded by facts not legends.

Skymin
October 6th, 2006, 02:44 AM
well, his legend is old... his legend was created from another one and i thinkat the end of the movie (which i cant remember) he flys away to make a legend?
but other than that, isnt it LEGEND that he is the worlds strongest?

Cassino
October 6th, 2006, 06:45 AM
about ho-oh, i believe that is some kind of 'houou'; a phoenix like bird of japanese legend i think...

though i know too little about this, i do have the thought that perhaps the legendary pokemon have some connection to shinto legends/myths/stories/gods etc.?
well if anyone knows...

CHaRiSMa
October 6th, 2006, 08:05 AM
You guys seem not be seeing the meaning of legendary people none Mewtwo is around cause they made him........the others have a legend to them Mewtwo is surrounded by facts not legends.

You got a point but in the end of fourth movie (I think it was Mewtwo returns or sth) the narrator says that Mewtwo flies only at night and only at full moon.. (which is kinda mystic) and also nobody but Giovanni, Team Rocket and Ash and his group knows about Mewtwo.. which is kinda like he doesn't exist.. kinda like a legend

Black_Wind
October 7th, 2006, 03:00 AM
A Legend is somthing that is unproven, (im not trying to put peps down by the way) you see at the end for the first movie Mewtwo clears everbody memory about the event and i think he does something like that to team rocket at the end of the his second movie.
The thing is the Pokemon (Birds, dogs, Dragons and such) aint the Legends as such its thier storys of birth and such.
After all since pretty much all of them has either been seen, caught or battled over the course of the anime and in the games all can be caught.

Astinus
October 9th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Well, you do have to clarify in what form of media you want classification in. There are different qualities to classify Pokémon as legendary in both the games and the anime. I'll take a look at both.

Games: The term "legendary" is applied to those Pokémon who are at the height of the tiers. Mewtwo, Lugia, and Ho-Oh are at the top of the top. (I am not going to place Aruseus in this discussion at all, because he is god.) The other legendaries, and Slaking, are below them in terms of stats. Now, why is Slaking not counted as a legendary? Because you can get more than one. Outside of cloning, you can only get one of each legendary. (Also, outside of getting multiple copies of games, ie the beasts in Coliseum and in FR/LG.) Stats and availability are the qualities for legends in the games.

Anime: To be a legendary in the anime world, the Pokémon must have a mystical quality to it. Let's look at the example of Suicune. Its powers include controling the North Wind, and purifying water. Can any other Water type do that? No. Same with the rest of the trios - the birds, the beasts, the Regis.

So, what of Mewtwo? Mewtwo could be considered a legendary, as the people of the world that see "the dark figure that travels the skies at night" would attach stories to explain it. Thus, it could be considered a legendary at that point. Though, one must think that if Mewtwo did not destroy the palace on New Island, then the recording from its creation must still exist. It is only a matter of time before curious humans uncover that. Then, people will know the truth.

CHaRiSMa, Giovanni and Team Rocket do not know of Mewtwo anymore. Their memories were erased, due to the fact that they mistreated Mewtwo, and only want to use it for power. Ash and company are able to hold onto the memories of Mewtwo, as they befriended it, and would take its story to heart.

Black_Wind, the legend of the Beast of the Sea and the three Titans has been proven. Multiple eyewitness and secondary witnesses have seen that legend come to pass. So not all legends are unproven.

-

Excuse the long post. Legendary Pokémon fascinate me.

hale
October 9th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Do you think you could capture Aruseus since he is the "god" of all pokemon?

Astinus
October 9th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Game-wise, or anime-wise? Like I said before, it all depends on what media you are talking about, as the answers are different for each one.

Game(in spoilers for those who do not wish to know): Once you complete the National Dex, bar the special event Pokémon, then Professor Oak gives you an item to activate a special rock. That special rock will allow you to capture Aruseus.

Anime: No. Not at all. Doing so could quite possibly throw the world into a frenzy. Going from what I can gather from previous examples and from what I could determine of Pokémon theology, the Pokémon - as in the actual creatures themselves - would become very angry if a human took their god away from them. Humans have always been "attacking" the Pokégods, ie. Ho-Oh and the Tin Tower. "Attacking" the actual god would just cause a grand war.

Hope that answers the question in some way.

hale
October 9th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Alright gotcha. Thanks for all that info.

Black_Wind
October 10th, 2006, 02:01 AM
Im sorry i didnt mean the beast of the sea thing was not proven, it was cause it was caught on tv wasnt it.

Skymin
October 10th, 2006, 02:21 AM
whoa whoa WHOA!!!
sso much info.. uh my brain hurts...
legends can be proven...
i guess legends are like religons and beliefs..
they might be real!
but legends i guess are things people think are real, or know
so theyhave been seen
like legends of the latis... it HAS been seen according to the anime..
and proven, coz seeing is believing.. sorta
i hope that did SOMETHING!

Astinus
October 10th, 2006, 07:51 AM
Black_Wind, the Beast of the Sea legend was proven because it was caught on television. Also, you had the eyewitnesses on Shamouti Island. Prof. Oak was there as well, and I don't think that he would keep that spectacular of an event to himself! See my last paragraph on why it would be a good-ish idea of Prof. Oak to share the event.

Dragon Ryder: Sometimes legends can be proven. Sometimes not. Like the legends of the creation of the world held by the Native Americans. They believe a coyote placed the stars in the sky. Now, today, we know that that is not true. But they still might believe it(I'm not exactly sure of their religious beliefs ever since the white man took over).

But! In the Pokémon world, legends can be proven. It is my belief that years ago, the legendary Pokémon were believed in. As time went on, and people started to disbelieve in them, then fact was turned into legend. That's what I believe. Just ask if you need any more clarification.

Cassino
October 10th, 2006, 09:24 AM
my dictionary says:

legend, noun. a story of a saint's life: a collection of such stories: a traditional story: a body of tradition: an untrue of unhistorical story: a person having a special place in public esteem because of striking qualities or deeds, real or fictitious: the body of fact and fiction gathered round such a person: a motto, incription, or explanatory words

legendary. pertaining to, of the nature of, consisting of, or described in, legend: romantic: fabulous

and what i have to say is this, they're all legendary; they are of legend, as legend can be real or fictual
so mewtwo is a man-made legend yes, but one nonetheless*

*nonetheless is one word

Skymin
October 10th, 2006, 12:48 PM
hmm... i guess so. A tradition, like on the Lugia movie, it was a tradition to get a trainer to get the three orbs!

Astinus
October 10th, 2006, 01:03 PM
hmm... i guess so. A tradition, like on the Lugia movie, it was a tradition to get a trainer to get the three orbs!
Yeah! It was a tradition for a trainer to head out to the three islands to get the orbs. It just so happened that Ash's time to carry on the tradition, Lugia was awakened.

Cassino
October 10th, 2006, 02:50 PM
ok, tradition: it is a custom of a culture, people, etc.
it was phrophecy or random events that a trainer would go get the orbs and so on. legend and tradition are different words with different meanings.

ash counts as a legend too, though not a pokemon

legendary pokemon are like sajuuk, and ash the hiigarans who awakened him (if you've ever played homeworld2) there's a parody for ya ;)

Astinus
October 10th, 2006, 06:27 PM
It was like...the tradition of getting the orbs was part of the legend. Part of the Beast of the Sea Creed (it could possibly be called a creed, as the Titans could be seen as Pokégods...) says "Bring together all three; Their treasures combined tame the Beast of the Sea." So, perhaps the Shamouti Islanders held the tradition of getting the three orbs to hold up that part of the legend.

Or maybe the tradition of getting the orbs was for the religious aspect of it. And the legend was just of Lugia ending a war between Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres...? And since Lugia is powerful and able to do that to Pokémon more powerful than normal, then the people counted it as a Pokégod...

Sorry, but when I get new ideas of the theology of the Pokémon world, I begin to ramble. You gave me some new ideas, Hotaru! I'll credit them to you if I ever publish them!

Now, onto Ash: He could be counted as a legend in his own right. Perhaps in the future, then the people of the Pokémon world will begin to tell stories of a boy who saw so many of the legendary Pokémon... People can be legends as well!

Skymin
October 10th, 2006, 10:10 PM
oo!! you gave me an idea about the lugia thing!
maybe no trainer attempted the legend before, and they were too scared...
so maybe ash was the only one to attept it, because the orbs would already be in the square where slowking is!

Cassino
October 11th, 2006, 12:29 PM
hehe that's nice of you Hanako Tabris :)

legends ehh... people fear that which they do not know. but i should imagine there have been great trainers other than ash, before his lifetime, that have done things like this.

personaly i'd like to why and know how to tin and brass towers came to being: the knowledge behind the reason for building such structures?...
basicly, someone must know about ho-oh and lugia to build monuments to them, and such a person must know of these pokemon

Skymin
October 11th, 2006, 12:46 PM
hmm, but what burned them down? i thought ive read it somewhere but i cant seem to remember...
and another "legend" to talk about, the marowak in lavender city...
would she be a legend?

Astinus
October 11th, 2006, 12:55 PM
The two towers(lol...Tolkien...)were built to honor both Ho-Oh and Lugia. Lugia lived in the Tin Tower; Ho-Oh lived in the Brass Tower. 300 years ago from the present day - that's the time of Ash - the Brass Tower was burned down by humans wanting Ho-Oh's powers. Lugia flew off. Ho-Oh flew off, and created the Beast Trinity.

This was mentioned in the Master Quest episode, "For Ho-Oh the Bells Toll!"

Cassino
October 11th, 2006, 02:11 PM
hmm... i've not actualy seen that marowak, but if it's the one that died defending itself or something, then it's merely doing what all animals do: defending themselves if attacked or provoked

and of the towers, i know all the stuff that you've said xD but how did people know of these pokemon? people don't build towers like those out of rumours...
so my theory is that there was a trainer somewhat like ash that fulfilled a prophecy/legend of some kind...

but i don't think this has ever been covered by anyone, fanfiction it is i spose...

Astinus
October 11th, 2006, 05:47 PM
I guess back in olden times, the Pokémon weren't so rare to find. They actually wanted to be with humans. Until humans attacked them for no reason. That was when Lugia flew off and was never seen again(except for Team Rocket in the Whirl Islands, but that is an entire different post of itself...) Ho-Oh also flew off then.

So, it is my guess that the two birds did used to enjoy the company of humans, until the towers were burned down. So, over the course of 300 years, humans forgot that the legendaries didn't exist...? Or they just didn't want to believe...?

Man, this is exactly what the prologue of my fanfiction needs to cover!

Skymin
October 11th, 2006, 10:20 PM
hmm, they dont exactly need to be forgotten to be legends, yaknow...
but only one tower is burnt, remember! and ho-oh or oh-ho or whatever! returned, like in the game...!

ALSO! was ho thing the one flying over ash in the 1st episode??

Black_Wind
October 12th, 2006, 01:44 AM
It was me thinks dragon ryder

Astinus
October 12th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Again, you have to calrify if you want to know more about the anime legends, or the game legends. I am more of an expert on the anime legends, so that's why I said that Ho-Oh did not reappear at the Tower. It is still flying around, waiting for the day that human and Pokémon hearts are one.

It's not that they have to be forgotten, it's just that they were switched from fact to fiction because they haven't been seen by human eyes. So, humans, in their "seeing is believing" would take the stories about the legendaries that were fact, and turn it into legend. Because for some strange reason, they really don't have the written word in the Pokémon world for the history of 300 years ago. They just have the word of mouth and pictures. (Again, what I believe.)

No, Ho-Oh hasn't returned to the tower in the anime canon. It did return in the games.

Yeah, it was the pre-design of Ho-Oh flying over Ash in the first episode. I call it the pre-design, because it was just a rough idea of the phoenix. The Ho-Oh in the first episode was a golden color; while the Ho-Oh of today is red, green, yellow, blue, and white. They both, however, have that ability to make rainbows.

Drifblim
October 12th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Ho-Oh is a terrible Uber Pokemon.This topic isn't necessarily in terms of the games, but in the animé, just so you know.

As for the Ho-oh being golden in the first episode....I can dismiss that as the glare of the sun or the animators' depiction of Ash's fuzzy observance. Or maybe it glows gold when it flies like that? I don't know....

I'm assuming that there is only one Lugia and Ho-oh when I say they bred just once and then spawned Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. Of course, they couldn't produce after that, and the three elemental birds were born sterile but each had a fragment of the power Lugia and Ho-oh had. Articuno could have taken on control of the global climate, which would have been Lugia's line of work; Zapdos would govern the water cycle, the part of evaporation being taken from Ho-oh and the creation of storms through which to restore the water derived from Lugia; Moltres could have taken its authority over fire, which would probably manifest itself in volcanic eruptions and friction, from Ho-oh. So Zapdos enjoyed the best of both worlds while Articuno and Moltres were merely polar influences over the world.

Of course, the far-fetched nature of this story would still provide the drive for humans to search for the birds. Think of the Ark of the Covenant: according to the Bible, God renewed his covenant with Moses and, I believe, enshrined the second copy of the Ten Commandments in some box, and in the movie Raiders of the Lost Ark Indiana Jones decided to go after it. Thus it became a legend regardless of the authority of the Bible through the ages. And when it's a legend, people will look. I think I read somewhere that a guy thinks he found it in northern Iraq.

That's my two cents.

Cassino
October 16th, 2006, 02:23 PM
hmm, i see... well thanks everyone :)

Dizzy-D
October 16th, 2006, 02:51 PM
I'd say Ho-Ho is a an ok legendary better than lugia.

Skymin
October 17th, 2006, 03:22 AM
hmm, ill ignore that post.... it wasn't really on topic
bbuutt..
thats a lot of writing.. is it a hobby?
anyways back on topic...
but to ask.....
when you say lugia and ho-oh spawned, does that mean they reproduced? that means ones a girl & ones a boy.. but there has to be more that 1 lugia! in the anime, the lugia from the movie was a boy (according to sound tone of the voice) but in a episode, lugia had a child, so she/he must be able to reproduce.. therefore making lugia a girl as well, as they said "lugias mother" i think...
just to repeat my self (lol)
you said they couldn't reproduce after that.. but the baby in the anime has to be a baby of it, unless it popped out of nowhere O.o

Drifblim
October 17th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Of course, that one could have been a separate tenet or, going way off on a tangent, a genetic reproduction like they're doing with the mammoth.

Skymin
October 17th, 2006, 12:11 PM
hmm, maybe, but i dont think it was genetic,
the mother was there

Astinus
October 17th, 2006, 01:16 PM
There is a belief that the baby Lugia came from a mating spell between the Lugia in the Orange Islands, and the one in the Whirl Islands. The one in the Orange Islands was shown to be male, and the one in the Whirl Islands was shown to be female. It doesn't really hold up to the belief that there is only one of each Legendary Pokémon. Mew, however, is also an exception to that rule. So that theory could be held up as an explaination behind the baby Lugia.

Skymin
October 17th, 2006, 10:50 PM
you like your legendary pokemon, dont you? heh

CHaRiSMa
October 18th, 2006, 06:41 AM
It's not that they have to be forgotten, it's just that they were switched from fact to fiction because they haven't been seen by human eyes. So, humans, in their "seeing is believing" would take the stories about the legendaries that were fact, and turn it into legend. Because for some strange reason, they really don't have the written word in the Pokémon world for the history of 300 years ago. They just have the word of mouth and pictures. (Again, what I believe.)

..hmm but not for all legendaries.. just think of moltreace it is the pokemon whose fire was used to open the pokemon league (in the first season.. I'm not sure if it has a special name..) so people must know about the legendary pokemon moltreace.

BTW this question is off topic but how does Aruseus look like? I mean is there a pic of it somewhere?

Skymin
October 18th, 2006, 12:06 PM
yupp, serebii would be the place...
go to the New pokedex

CHaRiSMa
October 20th, 2006, 05:28 AM
I saw him.. he's really awesome.. so he's the god of pokemon.. Gee how do you people know all this stuff? Was it in an episode or something? If he's the god what does he do, rule the pokemon or somethinG?

Skymin
October 20th, 2006, 01:25 PM
hmm, i think (THINK!) that its on serebii as well...
but i think that Aruseus created all pokemon...

code zerro the deluge
October 20th, 2006, 08:07 PM
If I understood the second movie right; Zapdos, Articuno and Moltrace try to keep the delicate Earth balance (Moltrace protects the fire force - probably in the meaning of vulcanos and lava, Articuno protects the land waters, the underground water current and ice caps and Zapdos protects the electric forces (?) - probably in the meaning of all the energy that binds the elements)
But hey that's just a theory of mine :P

I agree eventhough Mewtwo is in fact a clone he was the first ˝solo˝ pokemon (meaning there's only one). And the very defintion of a legendary pokemon is that there's always only one of them.. Plus he was created from a legendary pokemon, I think that alone is enough proof that Mewtwo is nor ordinary pokemon. And also the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant (man now I'm begining to even quote Mewtwo XD) so who cares if he's a clone, he is a legendary pokemon.

actually thats not true. There is more than one of the legendary birds. more than one Lugia. And I may be right but there was more than one Mew. but what about Mew. He has the dna of all pokemon so didn't he creat all the pokemon?

Skymin
October 20th, 2006, 09:10 PM
huh? i dont realy understand what your saying....
can you try to have some info to back it up??

Cassino
October 21st, 2006, 07:00 AM
this just gets more confusing... we need the people that make these stories in the first place :\

code zerro the deluge
October 21st, 2006, 08:38 AM
ok you said there is only one legendary. but yet there is more than one Zapdos,Articuno,and Moltress. There is also more than one Lugia. And there was at one point more than one Mew I think.

Skymin
October 21st, 2006, 11:19 AM
when i said one, i meant on the game....
but there has to be more than one, if its lived for thousands of years,
or it might be like godzilla and be able to breed by itself..

code zerro the deluge
October 21st, 2006, 02:23 PM
OMG that would be kinda of wierd. but I still think Mew is the father of pokemon.

Cassino
October 21st, 2006, 03:10 PM
OMG that would be kinda of wierd. but I still think Mew is the father of pokemon.

i don't know how that fits into practical ideas and evolution but i must remember this is fiction :paranoid:

but if there is an answer for it, how does mew (and maybe a few other pokemon) fit into evolution?

code zerro the deluge
October 21st, 2006, 03:20 PM
in like a pokemon standpiont

I think Mew created all the pokemon. Aresurus I think is a pokemon that can just turn into and type. Like Catsform can change types. Aresurus needs a way before it can change. But like I said creation pokemon doesnt mean it created all the pokemon. Mew must have seeing how he as all pokemon dna. He used that to make the pokemon I guess.

Cassino
October 21st, 2006, 04:07 PM
hmm...
... mew lives forever and it's decendants of some description eventualy became what pokemon are now? :\

heheh, i'm just being curious if legendary pokemon fit into evolution. but really they appear to have some other reason for existance, like some kind of "moderators of nature" :classic:

Skymin
October 21st, 2006, 04:52 PM
hear hear!
AND Code Zerro, aparntly Aresurus is the GOD of all pkmn, and that means he created them, just liek the bible god....
maybe mew has all of the pkmn DNA, because breeds mixed (just a wild guess heh heh)...
but saying Mew is the father of all pkmn, thats like saying Mewtwo is as well, as he is an offspring thing clone

Cassino
October 21st, 2006, 05:02 PM
meh, this is all an opinion game now :sleeping:

hmm, what about the unowns?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unown some stuff i might read, lol. i'll just sit back and learn, i know very little about unowns; but i've seen question mark and exclamation mark ones :P

Captain Arcane
October 21st, 2006, 06:55 PM
If i'm not mistaken, the three regis, long ago, used to terrorize the land. And the people of Hoenn sealed them in three different chambers, never to wreak havock again.
But to my discovery, that in the new pearl and diamond games there is a new regi,#486 Regigigas(probly japanese name)
But what does this knew regi, thats normal type, have to do with hoenn, if its in a new region?

Captain Arcane
October 21st, 2006, 07:02 PM
hear hear!
AND Code Zerro, aparntly Aresurus is the GOD of all pkmn, and that means he created them, just liek the bible god....
maybe mew has all of the pkmn DNA, because breeds mixed (just a wild guess heh heh)...
but saying Mew is the father of all pkmn, thats like saying Mewtwo is as well, as he is an offspring thing clone

Correct,
There is no genuine info, that states that mew is the god af all pokemon. But the games do state that it can learn any attack, so it most likely is the pokemon compendiumized of all pokemon DNA.

And yes, Aresurus does seem most likely to be the "God" of all Pokemon, since its the creation Pokemon. But to my beliefs, Aresurus interfiers with Ho-oh, who many said that its the "God" of all Pokemon.

Captain Arcane
October 21st, 2006, 07:26 PM

Hmmmm. Thats interesting. Saying that Mew is the father of pokemon, almost relates to Father Time. Which in many myths, he is married to Mother Nature.
Now, if assuming that mew is like Father Time, and Aruseus is Mother Nature. Or vice versa, there legends would be intertwined.
But no information supports this, it is mearly an assumption.

Skymin
October 21st, 2006, 07:31 PM
hmmm oh ho, maybe ones mother nature, and ones god lol
hmmm thats tough ill have to get back to you on that....
maybe mew can learn any move, cos thats just the way it is! its like Aggron learning ice beam, or flygon learning fireblast... its not its type, but it can still learn it!

EDIT please dont triple or double post...
also, the father of time would HAVE to be celebi, he can time travel!

Captain Arcane
October 21st, 2006, 07:37 PM
Correct,
There is no genuine info, that states that mew is the god af all pokemon. But the games do state that it can learn any attack, so it most likely is the pokemon compendiumized of all pokemon DNA.

And yes, Aresurus does seem most likely to be the "God" of all Pokemon, since its the creation Pokemon. But to my beliefs, Aresurus interfiers with Ho-oh, who many said that its the "God" of all Pokemon.

Ho-oh, Mew, and Aresusus.
One of three is believed to be the God of all pokemon.
There is no official proof, that states there is, or any of these, is a God of all pokemon.

Though, in my opinion. It would make more sense for Pokemon to be more related to GREEK MYTHS. Which has many gods, but one supreme god, Zeus.

Cassino
October 22nd, 2006, 08:06 AM
erm yea, try to keep all the posts together captain arcane (seperated like big paragraphs)

but what's the purpose of unowns?

Mudkip85
October 22nd, 2006, 08:23 AM
i think that the unknowns in the games were for allowing you to print them off your game

Cassino
October 22nd, 2006, 08:28 AM
eh... i mean "more in the real world" sorta thing, like who created them and why're they wierd floating flat symbols with eyes?

Mudkip85
October 22nd, 2006, 08:37 AM
well to be honest i have no idea however did you know that each of the unknowns actually have set names

code zerro the deluge
October 22nd, 2006, 08:54 AM
Ho-oh, Mew, and Aresusus.
One of three is believed to be the God of all pokemon.
There is no official proof, that states there is, or any of these, is a God of all pokemon.

Though, in my opinion. It would make more sense for Pokemon to be more related to GREEK MYTHS. Which has many gods, but one supreme god, Zeus.

thats what I am trying to come across. there is no official way for us to know until more info comes out about this pokemon. that is all I'm trying to say.

Cassino
October 22nd, 2006, 09:02 AM
well to be honest i have no idea however did you know that each of the unknowns actually have set names

unowns have no set names, but as far as anyone knows they go like this:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z ! ?

lol
yes the "!" and "?" are unowns too (often with half closed eyes)

they're some wierd psycic things but i don't know what they are meant to do...

code zerro the deluge
October 22nd, 2006, 09:10 AM
Aresurus created the Diamond and Pearl pokemon and the new trio of pokemon.

Mudkip85
October 22nd, 2006, 09:40 AM
unowns have no set names, but as far as anyone knows they go like this:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z ! ?

lol
yes the "!" and "?" are unowns too (often with half closed eyes)

they're some wierd psycic things but i don't know what they are meant to do...

trust me for example the B unknown ive heard is called bushism

Skymin
October 22nd, 2006, 12:05 PM
WHAHH! hang on a second!!
why do you THINK they're called unknown????? duhh
they dont WANT you to find out, and i dont think nintendo know either!
its was just an idea (i think)
unknown, is what they are, who they are, and probably what they'll stay

Cassino
October 22nd, 2006, 12:21 PM
nah, i think they do have names... somewhere hidden in a dark corner of an old dusty book >.> lol

hanako tabris come tell us! xD

Captain Arcane
October 22nd, 2006, 12:32 PM
I'm actualy fascinated by the unknown, especially that huge one in the third movie. I remember seeing a big unown in the 3rd movie. Mabye it was in the book the guy found that had all the unown in it?
For some reason, i think all the evee evolutions have something to do with them along with xatu and mabye natu?

Cassino
October 22nd, 2006, 12:46 PM
interesting thoery...

...too bad i've only seen the 1st pokemon movie (and i don't remember anything relevant of it) after that i had no money to get'em and parents not take me to cinema :sleeping:

Captain Arcane
October 22nd, 2006, 12:58 PM
[QUOTE=Hotaru;2271176]nah, i think they do have names... somewhere hidden in a dark corner of an old dusty book >.> lol

Yes actually. in the 3rd movie, a pokemontologist finds an ancient book in some ruins, and i don't think that its the alph ruins or the tanoby ruins. But I'm pretty sure that it describes the unown, and more.

Mudkip85
October 23rd, 2006, 03:45 AM
nah, i think they do have names... somewhere hidden in a dark corner of an old dusty book >.> lol

hanako tabris come tell us! xD

thank you hotaru someone seems to believe me however ive only seen about three or four names that reveal the names of the unknown

Cassino
October 23rd, 2006, 04:14 AM
mudkip can you give a link or somethin' as to where you found the unowns' names?

Mudkip85
October 23rd, 2006, 04:32 AM
i would love to give you the link as to where i saw the names of the unknowns so people could see for themselves but it was on pokemonfever another forum which is currently off board due inactivity but when they re-open i swear ill post the link

Astinus
October 23rd, 2006, 11:54 AM
After checking out my sources, I found that in the G/S/C games, each Unown has a word related to it. These words were then used as their special powers in the TCG game.

The words associated with the original 26 Unown are as follows: Angry, Bear, Chase, Direct, Engage, Find, Give, Help, Increase, Join, Keep, Laugh, Make, Nuzzle, Observe, Perform, Quicken, Reassure, Search, Tell, Undo, Vanish, Want, Xxxxx, Yield, and Zoom.

If they do have names, then I have no idea what they are. I have never heard of the Unown having names. Instead, I thought that they were called Unown and then their letter.

Cassino
October 23rd, 2006, 02:27 PM
lol @ the "Xxxxx" one (why's it called that?)

ok with exception to the one i mentioned above, they all appear to have names associated with actions and... verbs? well whatever "angry" might be...

how do you know so many things hanako tabris? ._.

Celebi-
October 23rd, 2006, 04:16 PM
Aruseus is an equine being that may be based on the horse-like mammal. Its body is white and has gold hooves attached to its four legs. Its hair is quite long and its face is green. It may be a reference to the Chinese mythical creature, the qilin (麒麟). It also bears resemblance to the forest spirit Shishigami in the Hayao Miyazaki film Princess Mononoke.

Aruseus is classified as the "Creation Pokémon". Legend says this Pokémon used 1,000 of its arms to create the universe. Its name is partially derived from Zeus, the ruler of Mount Olympus in Greek Mythology. Also, Zeus was called Jupiter by ancient Romans. In astrology, the planet Jupiter rules the sign Sagittarius, which has a centaur as a symbol. This may be why Aruseus resembles a horse.

Some information :p

Cassino
October 24th, 2006, 04:24 PM
everything ties together there, strange how all things in life are like that...

... well i should think this thread more or less over now, and with much here for everyone in the future to read :)
unless there's any more legendary pokemon we've somehow missed?

Celebi-
October 24th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Legendaries

Diaruga

Parukia

Yukishii

Agunumu

Emuritto

Hiidoran

Regigigas

Giratina

Kureseria

Fione & Manaphy

Event Pokemon

Darkrai

Sheimi

Aruseus

Astinus
October 24th, 2006, 05:59 PM
There might not be any questions yet on those Pokémon, seeing as how all that we know is that they exist. Once the majority of the community has played D/P or have seen those Pokémon in the anime, then question might arise.

But right now, most people are trying to deny the revealing of the new Pokémon so they can discover them on their own.

So Hotaru has it right. This thread is basically dead...for now.

Skymin
October 24th, 2006, 10:24 PM
about the unknowns....
its totally off-topic sorta lol
but! i thought the unknowns letters, (said by Hanako Tabris)
i thought it had something to do with the movie!! hmm.. i thought a message, from Molly Hale..
Angry - Unknowns being angry
Bear - Entei bring "bear-like"
Chase - Unknowns chasing her
Direct - No idea..
Engage - Attack
Find - find hale
Give - Entei gives all the time
Help - Help me!!
Increase - the numbers are incresing
Join - More are joining
Keep- keeping Molly hostage or mollys dad
Laugh - she is happy with entei
Make - they have the ability to make stuff
Nuzzle - hugging with entei
Observe - sorta a one you know, but cant explain
Perform - another one like the above
Quicken - Unkowns are quikening their spell rate
Reassure - hmmmm
Search - search entire Alphs
Tell - shes trying to tell you something
Undo - she needs to undo all shes done
Vanish - her real dad vanished
Want - she can get all teh things she wants
Xxxxx - O.o
Yield - yielding powers
Zoom - Whoa! fast!

hmmm so there

Skymin
October 24th, 2006, 10:31 PM
hey... dont spoil it for everyone....
dont swear, or even pretend! its just rude,
and if you dont like pkmn, then just dont go on here !
simple...
lets just ignore them two, okay guys?

Ps u guys deserve to be booted out.. -.-

Celebi-
October 25th, 2006, 12:48 AM
What are you talking about Dragon Ryder?

Skymin
October 25th, 2006, 03:00 AM
whoa it was deleted!!
there was some guys saying some stuff that wasnt really appropriate :\
they were swearing and saying that pkmn wasnt real, and it was kinda weird...
and they were both booted out...
hmm...

miyo
October 25th, 2006, 06:09 AM
actually.. since we're kinda on the topic of unowns, I actually collect alot of the Unown cards.. their powers are also stated.. but I kinda misplaced it.. if I ever find it, I'll post it ^^;;

Cassino
October 25th, 2006, 06:27 AM
they were swearing and saying that pkmn wasnt real

true they're not real, but that's all the more reason to discuss them :)
it's best not wield one's opinions like a heavy sword

but nice name-theory on the unowns maddy
seems this thread is far from dead xD

Legendaries

Diaruga

Parukia

Yukishii

Agunumu

Emuritto

Hiidoran

Regigigas

Giratina

Kureseria

Fione & Manaphy

Event Pokemon

Darkrai

Sheimi

Aruseus

so, anything about those pokemon? (except aruseus of course)

note: i feel much like a guy that's not putting effort in... me knows very little compared to this though :\. meh, well someone's gotta ask the quetions xP

Captain Arcane
October 25th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Aruseus is an equine being that may be based on the horse-like mammal. Its body is white and has gold hooves attached to its four legs. Its hair is quite long and its face is green. It may be a reference to the Chinese mythical creature, the qilin (麒麟). It also bears resemblance to the forest spirit Shishigami in the Hayao Miyazaki film Princess Mononoke.

Aruseus is classified as the "Creation Pokémon". Legend says this Pokémon used 1,000 of its arms to create the universe. Its name is partially derived from Zeus, the ruler of Mount Olympus in Greek Mythology. Also, Zeus was called Jupiter by ancient Romans. In astrology, the planet Jupiter rules the sign Sagittarius, which has a centaur as a symbol. This may be why Aruseus resembles a horse.

Some information :p

AHA!
I seem to be a little right about the zeus/Greek mythology type thing I said.
Im proud of my assumption.:)

Im in the mood for a talk about the "not three, but FOUR, Regis.
1.Regirock
2.Regice
3.Registeel
4.Regigigas

The first three, found in Hoenn, sealed away by ancient people in three different tombs, never to escape.
I havent seen the "Rukario, Blablabla...", movie but I know the three regis are in it. Does that movie reveal any info about them?

Regigigas is a kinda steel looking pokemon, but normal type. It also looks as if grass-like shrubs are rooted upon its flesh.
I have no clue, or info about its legend.

Cassino
October 27th, 2006, 10:30 AM
have you got a picture of it?

Skymin
October 27th, 2006, 11:50 AM
yupp, im backing up Hotaro, is there a sprite??
hang on, ill google it!

Regigigas (レジギガス, Rejigigasu? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Japanese)) is one of the 493 fictional species (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_species) of Pokémon creatures from the multi-billion-dollar[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regigigas#_note-0) Pokémon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon) media franchise (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_franchise) — a collection of video games (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_and_video_games), anime (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime), manga (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga), books (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book), trading cards (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trading_card) and other media, created by Satoshi Tajiri (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Tajiri). Regigigas is one of the legendary Pokémon that premiers in Pokémon Diamond (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Diamond_and_Pearl) and Pearl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Diamond_and_Pearl). The purpose of Regigigas in the games, anime, and manga, as with all other Pokémon, is to battle both wild Pokémon, untamed creatures encountered while the player passes through various environments, and tamed Pokémon owned by Pokémon trainers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_trainer).[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regigigas#_note-ign)
Regigigas' name comes from Regis, the Latin word for royal or king, and Giant, meaning it is the king of the other Regis.

//
Appearance

Regigigas is a tall humanoid golem. Its body is mostly white with yellow plates on its shoulders, arms, and for its faceplate. Instead of a face, Regigigas has a Braille-like pattern. It also has several black markings all around its body. It shares a similar name and body structure with Regirock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regirock), Regice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regice), and Registeel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registeel). The main difference is that Regigigas isn't based on an element, making it a Normal-type. In the games, there's a legend that says Regigigas could move a full continent with a rope. It is possible that Regigigas may be the guardian of the Regis Regirock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regirock), Regice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regice), and Registeel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registeel), similar to Lugia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lugia) and Ho-oh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ho-oh)'s guardianship of the Legendary Birds and the Legendary beasts respectively. In order to get it you must go to Kissaki Temple and unlock it with Regirock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regirock), Regice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regice), and Registeel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registeel).

In the video games

Regigigas is one of the legendary Pokémon in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Diamond_and_Pearl) in which it acts as the leader of the Regi trio. It is encountered late in the game in some sort of ice cavern north of Kisugai City. It can only be found if the player has brought the three other Regi from their third generation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon#Third_generation) game, [3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regigigas#_note-serebii.net) and has the National Pokédex.
As with the other three "Regi" Pokémon, Regigigas is weak to Fighting attacks due to its Normal type. It is also immune to Ghost attacks.
Regigigas is considered the "Regi King" — lord of all Regis. This is probably due to its Level 70 appearance, as opposed to the others' Level 40 appearance, and the fact that Regigigas has a much higher base stat total (670) than the other Regis (580), which makes him more powerful.
On the other hand, it's ability, Slow Start, halves it's attack and speed for the first few turns of a battle. This provides the challenge of weakening Regigigas without completely KO'ing it. Interestingly, Regigigas is one of the few, if not the only, of the Pokémon that cannot learn defensive TMs such as Rest and Protect, excluding those Pokémon without access to TMs at all (such as Wobbuffet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wobbuffet) or Magikarp (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magikarp)), making it relatively difficult to preserve Regigigas until Slow Start wears off.

Regigigas
National (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_National_Pok%C3%A9dex_number)
Hydora (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydora) - Regigigas (#486) - Giratina (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giratina)Japanese name (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_Japanese_Name)RegigigasStage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_stage)BasicEvolves from (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_evolution)NoneEvolves toNoneGeneration (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon#Generations)Fourth (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon#Fourth_generation)SpeciesEnormous PokémonType (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_types)Normal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_types#Normal-type)Height12.1 (3.7 m (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metre))Weight926 lb (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pound_%28mass%29) (420 kg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilogram))Ability (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_ability)Slow Start
and... tah dah!
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa486.png

Its in spoilers, for people who dont wanna know... even though this is a spoiler thread hah

Cassino
October 27th, 2006, 01:23 PM
hehe, great info where'd ya get it?

this post will probly never die... lol, now we move onto the regis xD

Skymin
October 27th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Info is from Wikipedia..
sprite is from pe2k....
ill try to get another page on Aresus

Captain Arcane
October 27th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Thank you for that info.
I dont know about you but that whole move continent with a rope thing is ....I dunno. I just hope its a rope thats like magical, not like a brown rope or something. You know kinda like a glowing whip, hmmmm, now i'm all interested in that. If anyone does know, I'd like to know "what kind" of rope it is, but im pretty sure that it is a magical thing.

Skymin
October 27th, 2006, 04:54 PM
what?
what are you talking aboutt?

Captain Arcane
October 27th, 2006, 05:24 PM
what?
what are you talking aboutt?

In your wikipedia quote, it said there was a legend that it could move a whole continent with a rope. And I was wondering if it was some sort os magical rope or just a regular brown rope.

miyo
October 27th, 2006, 06:02 PM
In your wikipedia quote, it said there was a legend that it could move a whole continent with a rope. And I was wondering if it was some sort os magical rope or just a regular brown rope.

I'm a lil' off topic..
anyways,
speaking of moving a continent with a rope, it just reminds me of an episode in Totally Spies where there was this Feng Shui master and his evil plans to combine continents.. lols.
Okay, I'm way off topic here xD

Captain Arcane
October 27th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm, what should we talk about next?

Skymin
October 27th, 2006, 07:46 PM
regis, i thought thats what we were talking about it...
ill check Wiki for more information

(http://wlow.net/wlink.php?qq=regice&index=3)Regice

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
Regicehttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/ff/Regice.png
National
Regirock - Regice (#378) - Registeel
Hoenn
Regirock - Regice (#194) - RegisteelJapanese nameRegiceStageBasicEvolves fromNoneEvolves toNoneGenerationThirdSpeciesIceberg PokémonTypeIceHeight5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)Weight386.0 lb (175.0 kg)AbilityClear BodyRegice (レジアイス, Rejiaisu?) is a fictional character of the Pokémon franchise. It is a Legendary Pokémon, one of "The Three Regis", a triad to which Regirock and Registeel also belong. The name Regice originates from the words Regis, the Latin word for royal or king, and ice. This means its name is Ice King or King of Ice.

//
Appearance

Regice looks like a robot consisting entirely of ice. It has a crystalline structure, with an obelisk-shaped, multi-faceted main body, two legs ending on a point, two arms, and icicles protruding from its back. Instead of a face, Regice has a Braille-like pattern of seven yellow dots forming a symmetric horizontal cross.

Biology

According to the Pokédex, the body of Regice was made during an ice age, which makes Regice a very ancient Pokémon indeed. It seems that the substance Regice is made up of is ice similar to the kind found on Antarctica, the coldest region of the planet.
Regice envelops its icy body with intensely cold air whose temperature is -200 degrees Celsius (-328 degrees Fahrenheit). The absolute zero, the lowest limit of temperature according to modern physics, is -273.15 degrees Celsius (-459.67 degrees Fahrenheit). Regice seems to have control over this frigid air current.
Because of the cold atmosphere perpetually enveloping Regice, anyone even approaching it will freeze solid. Regice will not melt even if it is immersed in magma or exposed to the hottest flames.
Rather than walk, Regice hovers a few inches off of the ground. This may be because the feet of Regice are much smaller than those of the other two Regis.
According to in-game information, an ancient people sealed away Regice along with Regirock and Registeel inside caves which they had used to inhabit because they feared the three Pokémon, to which they nevertheless felt indebted.

In the video games

Regice is available in Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire and Pokémon Emerald. Like with all Legendary Pokémon, only a single Regice exists in each game. It is located in the Island Cave, which is at Sea Route 105. To enter the cave, the player must first unseal its entrance and then reveal the door to the inner chamber by following a complicated process described in braille (refer here for detailed instructions). Regice also appears as a boss in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.
Regice has excellent defence and special attack, and almost the highest special defence in the game. However, its physical attack is low. In this regard, its stats are the exact opposite of Regirock. Like the other Regis, Regice is very slow. It can learn various powerful moves, such as Amnesia, which can boost its special defense even further, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Lock-on and Zap Cannon. It can also learn Icy Wind, which will always lower the opponent's speed and might allow Regice to overtake it in the long run. Players employ Regice as a wall against Pokémon which use special attacks. Also notable is the fact that it is one of the few pure Ice-type Pokémon in the game (Snorunt and Glalie are the others), and the fact that it is a legendary Pokémon with respectable stats makes it the ideal Ice Pokémon in the eyes of many.
Since it can use Ice Beam and Thunderbolt, most people use it as a Special Sweeper/Wall. It's standard moveset is: Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Rest, Thunder Wave/Counter.
In Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, the fourth Regi, Regigigas makes its debut.

In the animé

Regice appeared in the eighth movie, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. Along with Regirock and Registeel, it is part of the defense system of the mythical Tree of Beginning and attacks Ash and his friends. However, as soon as it is made clear that they pose no threat, Regice and its comrades left them alone. The Regis are portrayed as robots.
Regice appeared in episode 466: "Deciding Match! VS Regice!". In this episode, Ash faced against Pyramid King Brandon in order to get the Bravery Symbol. Ash uses Pikachu and wins the battle

miyo
October 27th, 2006, 08:27 PM
The Regis are pretty cool.. they seem strong, but aren't really that strong in battles if you ask me.. ><

Captain Arcane
October 27th, 2006, 11:18 PM
The Regis are pretty cool.. they seem strong, but aren't really that strong in battles if you ask me.. ><

I love their super power attack, I thinks thats one of the coolest attacks. Becuase of the way it looks, I think it should be psychic, but pokemon colosseum does a crapy job with affects. Like Aeroblast, that attack was sooooo cool in pokemon stadium 2, the way it had red, yellow, and blue in a gigantic blast. But Colosseum ruined that attck too, it just looks like lugia is spitting out paper cut-outs of spinning blue circles, I was really dissapointed.

But, I think I just went off topic so, carry on.

Skymin
October 28th, 2006, 01:24 AM
hrrmmm that was a little off topic...

Jump to: navigation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registeel#column-one), search (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registeel#searchInput)
Registeelhttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b7/Registeel.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Registeel.png)
National (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_National_Pok%C3%A9dex_number)
Regice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regice) - Registeel (#379) - Latias (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latias)
Hoenn (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_Hoenn_Pok%C3%A9dex_number)
Regice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regice) - Registeel (#195) - Latias (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latias)Japanese name (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_Japanese_Name)RegisteelStage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_stage)BasicEvolves from (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_evolution)NoneEvolves toNoneGeneration (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon#Generations)Third (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon#Third_generation)SpeciesIron PokémonType (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_types)Steel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_types#Steel-type)Height6 ft (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot_%28unit_of_length%29) 3 in (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inch) (1.90 m (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metre))Weight452.0 lb (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pound_%28mass%29) (205.0 kg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilogram))Ability (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_ability)Clear BodyRegisteel (レジスチル, Rejisuchiru? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Japanese)) is a fictional (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fictional) character of the Pokémon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon) franchise. It is a Legendary Pokémon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legendary_Pok%C3%A9mon), one of "The Three Regis", a triad to which Regirock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regirock) and Regice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regice) also belong. Like the other "Regis" Pokémon Registeel's name come from Regis (Latin for King) and Steel. So its name is Steel King or The King of Steel.
//
Description

Registeel looks like a robot (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robot), even more so than Regirock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regirock) and Regice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regice) since it seems to be metallic, with a silver exterior and a darker inner body. Instead of a face, Registeel has a pattern of six pink dots forming a horizontally elongated hexagon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexagon), with a seventh dot at its center. Its design also has more than a passing resemblance to the Kapool (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Kapool&action=edit) mobile suit from ZZ and Turn-A Gundam.[1] (http://mahq.net/mecha/gundam/turn-a/amx-109.jpg)

Biology

Although it is classified as a Steel-type Pokémon and behaves as one for all intents and purposes in the games, Registeel is actually made of an unidentifiable substance with peculiar properties. Its body is harder than any known metal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal), while simultaneously being flexible and hollow within. Since no known material displays such extraordinary behaviour, scholars in the Pokémon world theorize that it is of extraterrestrial (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraterrestrial) origins. Another mystery about Registeel concerns its diet; no one has any idea what kind of food Registeel eats or indeed if it has any need of sustenance at all.
According to in-game information, the ancients confined Registeel along with Regirock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regirock) and Regice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regice) into caverns they themselves had used to occupy because they were in fear (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear) of the three Pokémon, despite the fact that they felt they were in their debt. It seems that in the time Registeel spent underground, the pressures (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_compression) exercised to its body made it even harder (compare with Steelix (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steelix)).

In the video games

Registeel can be found in Pokémon Ruby (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Ruby), Sapphire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Sapphire) and Pokémon Emerald (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Emerald). Similar to all other Legendary Pokémon, there is just one Registeel in each game. It is found inside the Ancient Tomb, which is at Route 120. To enter it, the player must first unseal its entrance and then reveal the door to the inner chamber by following a complex process described in braille (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braille) code (follow this link (http://faqs.ign.com//articles/421/421924p1.html) for detailed instructions). Registeel also appears as a boss in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokemon_Mystery_Dungeon).
While Regirock focuses on physical attack and defense and Regice on special attack and defense, Registeel strikes a balance between the two by having offensive and defensive attributes equal to each other and to the average of the respective stats of the other two Regis. As is the case with the other two, Registeel also has a low speed stat. It can learn both Iron Defense and Amnesia, which can serve to heighten its defenses even further, as well as Curse, which will raise its physical attack and defense while diminishing its otherwise low speed. This is why Registeel is surprisingly better than the other relatives, having high defense and attack.
Since Registeel's offensive stats are only average and its defensive stats are higher and balanced so that they grant it protection against both physical and special attacks, Registeel is often preferred in a stalling strategy, where it raises its defenses as high as possible, inflicts the opponent with annoying moves such as Toxic, and either waits it out using Rest to replenish its health whenever needed, causing the opponent to tire, switch, or succumb to poison, or uses the occasional attack, weakening the opponent even further and eventually outlasting it.
It is interesting to note that Registeel's Pokédex cry sounds identical to the noise made by the Transformers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_series) in the original series.

In the anime

Registeel made its first appearance on the eighth movie, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon:_Lucario_and_the_Mystery_of_Mew). It is one of the defensive measures of the fabled Tree of the World's Beginning together with Regirock and Regice. Under this capacity, it hunted Ash (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ash_Ketchum) and his friends. When it is made apparent that they mean no harm, Registeel and its brethren cease fire and leave them be.
Registeel was the second of the Regi triad to appear in the anime, making an appearance in "Battle Pyramid Again! VS Registeel! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Pyramid_Again%21_VS_Registeel%21)", as a partner to the Battle Pyramid King, Brandon. There, it defeated Ash's Torkoal, using the powerful Lock-On/Zap Cannon combo

Jump to: navigation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regirock#column-one), search (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regirock#searchInput)
Regirockhttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bd/Regirock.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Regirock.png)
Metagross (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metagross) - Regirock (#377) - Regice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regice)
Hoenn (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_Hoenn_Pok%C3%A9dex_number)
Metagross (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metagross) - Regirock (#193) - Regice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regice)Japanese name (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_Japanese_Name)RegirockStage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_stage)BasicEvolves from (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_evolution)NoneEvolves toNoneGeneration (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon#Generations)Third (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon#Third_generation)SpeciesRock Peak PokémonType (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_types)Rock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_types#Rock-type)Height5 ft (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot_%28unit_of_length%29) 7 in (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inch) (1.70 m (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metre))Weight507.0 lb (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pound_%28mass%29) (230.0 kg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilogram))Ability (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_ability)Clear BodyRegirock (レジロック, Rejirokku? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Japanese)) is one of the 493 fictional species (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_species) of Pokémon creatures from the multi-billion-dollar[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regirock#_note-sev) Pokémon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon) media franchise (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_franchise) – a collection of video games (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_and_video_games), anime (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime), manga (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga), books (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book), trading cards (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trading_card) and other media created by Satoshi Tajiri (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Tajiri). The purpose of Regirock in the games, anime and manga, as with all other Pokémon, is to battle both wild Pokémon, untamed creatures encountered while the player passes through various environments, and tamed Pokémon owned by Pokémon trainers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_trainer).[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regirock#_note-ign)
The name Regirock originates from the words Rex (Gen. Regis), the Latin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_language) word for royal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal) or king (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monarch), and rock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_%28geology%29). Like Rock King or King of Rocks.
//
Description

Regirock looks like a robot (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robot) consisting entirely of rocks. It does not have a uniform appearance - different parts of its body seem to be comprised of rocks of different colours and sizes. Instead of a face, Regirock has a Braille (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braille)-like pattern of seven brown dots forming the letter "H".

Biology

Regirock's anatomy consists entirely of rocks and stones. There is no sign that Regirock possesses vital organs, such as a heart (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart) or a brain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain).
Another strange thing about Regirock is that besides being made entirely of stone, that stone is not even of a common origin. Instead, the rocks, pebbles and boulders that make up Regirock seem to be indigenous to various different locations. This mystery was solved when it was discovered that whenever Regirock is injured and parts of it get chipped off in battle, it will seek out suitable rocks and repair itself, resulting in its "patchwork (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patchwork)" appearance.
According to in-game information, an ancient civilization imprisoned Regirock along with Regice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regice) and Registeel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registeel) within caverns they themselves had used to inhabit because they feared the three Pokémon, to which they nevertheless felt they "owed all".
All three Regis are "Golems (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golem)" in a way. Regirock is the typical Rock Golem. It should not be confused with the Megaton "Golem (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golem_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29)" as Golem is a Rock/Ground type and not a true Golem in this respect. The three Regis are also thought to be representative of certain time periods in the history of the Earth (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth), Regirock being the Stone Age (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Age) representative, Regice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regice) representing the Ice Age (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_Age), and Registeel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registeel) for the Iron Age (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Age).

In the video games

Regirock can be found in Pokémon Ruby (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Ruby), Sapphire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Sapphire) and Pokémon Emerald (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Emerald). As with all Legendary Pokémon, only one Regirock exists in each game. It is located in the Desert (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert) Ruins, which are at Route 111. To enter the ruins, the player must first unseal their entrance and then reveal the door to the inner sanctum by following a lengthy process described in braille (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braille) language (see here (http://faqs.ign.com//articles/421/421924p1.html) for detailed instructions). Regirock also appears as a boss in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokemon_Mystery_Dungeon).
Regirock has excellent defence and attack, and nearly the highest defence stat of all Pokémon. On the other hand, its special attack is low. In this regard, its stats are the exact opposite of Regice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regice). Like the other three Regis, Regirock has very low speed. It can learn various powerful moves, such as Iron Defense, which can augment its defense even further, Ancientpower, Superpower, Curse and Explosion. Players use Regirock as a wall against Pokémon which use physical attacks (but not Fighting-type Pokémon, as their attacks are particularly effective against the Rock-type Regirock).

In the anime

Regirock made an appearance in the eighth movie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mew_and_the_Wave_Guiding_Hero:_Lucario). Together with Regice and Registeel, it guards the legendary Tree of the World's Beginning and assaults Ash (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ash_Ketchum) and his friends. As soon as it is made clear that they are no threat, Regirock and its companions leave them in peace. The movie also showed how the three talk, in a somewhat robotic voice and when they do the dots light up in various "patterns".
Regirock was the first of the Regi triad to appear in the anime, making an appearance in "Battle Pyramid! VS Regirock!", as a partner to the Battle Pyramid King, Brandon.

Mudkip85
October 28th, 2006, 01:57 AM
this is really going off topic

Skymin
October 28th, 2006, 03:35 AM
well, my spoilers should put people BACK on topic....
that rope thing, with the regigigas... its just a legend! i guess any old rope could do, or it was just a figure of speech...
anyways, maybe we should talk about the new famous legendaries, maybe Ludicaro? or those 2 on teh front of the D/P packet
lol whats their names again?

Professor Pine
October 30th, 2006, 11:46 AM
This may seem a random place to put it but this is
the Pokemon Union Ledgendary Defintion

A ledgendary must:
Only one can be obtained
Must not be evolveable
No one else on the game can have it

That rules out metagross which is regarded by some
as a ledgeendary.

Cassino
October 30th, 2006, 12:30 PM
speaking of moving a continent with a rope, it just reminds me of an episode in Totally Spies where there was this Feng Shui master and his evil plans to combine continents.. lols.
Okay, I'm way off topic here xD

._. combining continents is evil? i think it'd make everything more convenient and the whole world might possibly just be one country if it's got a single massive island :P

also, according to geographical studies and such, the earth used to have only 1 coninent (i forgot what it's called) xD

erhem, very off-topic. but yes, of the previous post, i don't see how anyone would ever've thought metagross to be a legendary, lolz at whoever thought that :laugh:

miyo
November 3rd, 2006, 07:45 PM
._. combining continents is evil? i think it'd make everything more convenient and the whole world might possibly just be one country if it's got a single massive island :P

also, according to geographical studies and such, the earth used to have only 1 coninent (i forot what it's called) xD

erhem, very off-topic. but yes, of the previous post, i don't see how anyone would ever've thought metagross to be a legendary, lolz at whoever thought that :laugh:

LOL. yeah.. he wanted to combine the continents, not for good purposes, but really, he just wanted to be the sole ruler of the world. :P

Skymin
November 9th, 2006, 12:27 PM
hah i think we should change out legendary chat to different pokemon, any good goss bout lugia?

Captain Arcane
November 10th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Hey, sorry for my absence, but I'm back.
Lugia, i don't know if wwe have covered him, but even if we did , I want to do it again. He's just so freak'n awsome.

Lives beneath the waves, in an emmensly strong current.
It is only seen when the three birds are brought together.
Its HUGE, a gentle flap of his wings blows apart houses!!!

I think pokemon should have a max of three types.
Like Lugia, he looks water, flying, and psychic. So many pokemon would be cooler if the had three types.
Also like Gyarados, he should be Flying, Dragon, and Water.

But anyway, Lugia should have three types. But he has that cool aeroblast.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, hes soooooooo cool

Skymin
November 10th, 2006, 01:38 AM
Trueeee.... Lugia seems like 3 types... as he does live under the waves!
i love aeroblast, so awesome... heh heh, but any interesting stuff on him? like hidden legends and "behind the scenes" stuff
ill get a wikipedia update on him soon

Captain Arcane
November 10th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Lugia

A mythic beast comparable to Lugia other than the Shinto kami Ryujin is the mythical Greek Halcyon. Lugia might have also been based on Hurakan, the Mayan god of storms and winds (hence its ability to create strong winds)

Before the release of Gold and Silver Version, Lugia was referred to as "Pokémon X". A few characters in the anime also refer to Lugia as Pokémon X.

Lugia's name is most likely to be a variant of that of the Shinto kami Ryujin, which is also referred to as he "umi no kami" in Japanese religious/mythological writings. This same term is used in the original Japanese script of the second Pokémon movie to refer to Lugia; the term itself translates roughly to "guardian of the sea" or "god of the sea", somewhat interchangeably. There are also myths regarding Ryujin which have similar elements to Lugia, such as control of storms, the seas, as well as a story regarding the "jewels of the sea", which bear some similarities to the orblike "treasures" obtained by Ash/Satoshi in the course of the film. The English name of Lugia may also be formed around the Spanish words "Luz" (light) and "Rugía" (roared) or "Guía" (guidance); as well as "Beluga", one species of white whale with characteristics similar to Lugia.

A mythic beast comparable to Lugia other than the Shinto kami Ryujin is the mythical Greek Halcyon. Lugia might have also been based on Hurakan, the Mayan god of storms and winds (hence its ability to create strong winds)

Before the release of Gold and Silver Version, Lugia was referred to as "Pokémon X". A few characters in the anime also refer to Lugia as Pokémon X.

Lugia's name is most likely to be a variant of that of the Shinto kami Ryujin, which is also referred to as he "umi no kami" in Japanese religious/mythological writings. This same term is used in the original Japanese script of the second Pokémon movie to refer to Lugia; the term itself translates roughly to "guardian of the sea" or "god of the sea", somewhat interchangeably. There are also myths regarding Ryujin which have similar elements to Lugia, such as control of storms, the seas, as well as a story regarding the "jewels of the sea", which bear some similarities to the orblike "treasures" obtained by Ash/Satoshi in the course of the film. The English name of Lugia may also be formed around the Spanish words "Luz" (light) and "Rugía" (roared) or "Guía" (guidance); as well as "Beluga", one species of white whale with characteristics similar to Lugia.

Characteristics

Lugia's appearance seems to borrow from the stegosaur (back fins and tail spikes) and the plesiosaur or Mute Swan (long neck and swimming ability). It has mostly been seen as a bird with dragon traits although it is officially referred to as "One of the five legendary birds". Lugia's flexible neck and five digit wings are also similar to that of the Beluga whale, one of two white whales.

Lugia is said to be the guardian of the seas, and it has been rumored to have been seen on the night of a storm, a reference to the second Pokémon movie. It also has an amazing ability to calm raging storms. Lugia quietly spends its time at the bottom of the sea because its powers are threateningly strong; a light fluttering of its wings can blow apart regular houses. This suggests that Lugia is aware of mankind's presence on the surface and does not wish to disrupt it, making it a benevolent Pokémon.

It is extremely common to mistake Lugia's silver feathers for white. A single feather from a Lugia is called a "Silver Wing". Another common mistake is to say that Lugia has black fins on its back, tail and eyes. This is mostly because of the poorly coloured sprites from the games Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green and Emerald. They are in fact a deep blue/indigo.

Lugia is intended to be the guardian of the three legendary birds: Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. Its role is analogous to that of Ho-oh and its guardianship of the three legendary beasts (Raikou, Entei and Suicune). However, this only supported by the animé. The games and the PokéSpecial manga do not support this.

In the video games

Lugia is Psychic and Flying-type, and learns Aeroblast, an incredible Flying-type move. Of course, it is compatible with many technical machines that teach Water- type, Flying-type and Psychic-type moves. Lugia is commonly mistaken as a Water type due to the water type moves it learns and its title as 'Guardian of the Sea'. Lugia is a Legendary Pokémon, and is "paired" with Ho-oh.

Lugia first appeared in the Game Boy games as part of the "second generation" (Gold, Silver, and Crystal). In Pokémon Silver, it can be encountered and caught at level 40, right before the player is required to challenge the Pokémon League. However, in Pokémon Gold, Lugia can be caught at level 70, but is encountered much later in the game. In this case, being a higher level does not make it necessarily better; only the level 40 Lugia knows its trademark Aeroblast attack. In Pokémon Crystal, Lugia is at level 60, and has to be caught during the second half of the game (when the character is exploring Kanto).

In the "third generation" of games for GBA, Lugia's role in the Pokédex was initially similar to that of a Promotional Legendary Pokémon, like Celebi, Mew, Jirachi, and Deoxys. It was originally found only in the FireRed/LeafGreen and Emerald versions of the game, on an island called Navel Rock, which is also home to Ho-oh. To get there, the player needed to download a special 'ticket', called the Mystic Ticket, which was only obtainable from special locations and events in the U.S. and Japan.

The inclusion of Lugia as the 'boss' legendary in Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness provided a way to obtain the Pokémon without visiting one of these locations, much like being able to get Ho-oh from Pokémon Colosseum.

Lugia also appears as a boss in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. To recruit it, you must reach level 99 of a dungeon called Silver Trench. To reach this difficult dungeon, you must complete 4 different events that are available after game completion. Its Friend Area is Deep-Sea Trench.

Shadow Lugia
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/RosenquistC/Shadow_Lugia.jpg
In the Nintendo GameCube game Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, the storyline of the game depicts a Shadow Lugia on the loose and terrorizing the locals. This creature is a Lugia that has been harshly corrupted by the criminal organization known as Cipher. It is up to the hero to catch this one-of-a-kind Shadow Lugia before the entire world is destroyed.

According to the Fortune Teller at Pyrite Town in the game, Shadow Lugia is said to be struggling, asking for help to free it from doing Cipher's dirty work in which it's deeper closed heart refuses to do.

Shadow Lugia's main differences from a normal Lugia are its black feathers, talons, light blue-colored underside, jagged eye fins, a "bump" on its forehead, and glowing red eyes. It is similar to a normal Lugia with the colours inverted.

Shadow Lugia's code name is XD001, which means "ultimate shadow Pokémon". The XD itself stands for "eXtra Darkness," though the "XD" appearing in the game's title stands for "eXtra Dimension". The 001 on the hand is unsured, but to many, it might be a code meaning the first shadow pokemon that cannot be purified (or so the Ciphers thought).

Shadow Lugia is Level 50. Four new Shadow attacks have been given to it: Shadow Blast, Shadow Shed, Shadow Down, and Shadow Storm. It cannot be purified by normal means; it can only be purified by using the Purify Chamber when all 9 chambers are at maximum tempo. When purified, it knows Psycho Boost, Featherdance, Earthquake, and Hydro Pump. In addition, it can be transferred to the Game Boy Advance Pokémon games once fully purified. It learns Aeroblast, the attack which Shadow Blast corrupted, at level 77.

Shadow Lugia can be captured when the hero reaches Citadark Isle in Pokémon XD to battle the leader of Cipher, Greevil. The best way to catch it is to use the Master Ball the hero receives from Prof. Krane at the Pokémon HQ Lab. Shadow Lugia can be a major help when battling the Cipher Boss, for all his Pokémon are Shadow Pokémon and Shadow Lugia doesn't take as much damage as purified (regular) Pokémon.

After purification, the pokemon will lose its appearance and return to being a normal Lugia.

Shadow Lugia is the only Shadow Pokemon whose physical appearance is different from its purified state.

Skymin
November 10th, 2006, 11:04 PM
lol thats my job....!
lol great info though, although it does have more on Shadow Lugia, then teh actual Lugia

miyo
November 10th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Ahhh, Lugia.. it's a really cool and magnificent Pokemon ;)

Saurav
November 17th, 2006, 11:43 PM
Well lugia actually rocks.... it is big strong and powerful.....

Captain Arcane
November 18th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Well lugia actually rocks.... it is big strong and powerful.....

I second that notion.
Lugia does rock and it is in fact "big".

Volta.
November 19th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Hi Dragon Ryder and Hotaru ^_^

Back ontopic: It looks like after 6 pages of discussion, no one has been able to answer the question of the Latis, so Ill summarize their legend for u guys cause Im crazy like that

There is a whole legend of them (In the Japanese version of Pokemon Heroes, USA version cut it out T_T)

Two young human siblings washed up on the shore of Altomare, old people took care of them, a big bad storm came, destroying the island, the two siblings turned into the Latias and Latios from the movie to save the old peoples' lives. The Latis called apon the rest of their kind to obliterate the storm, and gave them a Soul Dew for membrance. Those two stayed at Altomare to protect it while the rest returned to whence they came

Check this SPP page (http://www.serebii.net/movies/latias_latios/legend.shtml) for pics

dakelland12
November 19th, 2006, 12:48 PM
i know one thing about one of the legendary pokemon manfia the shinoue pokemon it can be breed but the the baby pokemon cant evolve in to it

Skymin
November 19th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the info Kai, your a know-it-all on the latis!
Yeah Dakelland, i heard the on serebii...
its kinda.. weird and i guess because its a legendary and they dont want breeds of them, i think

trainergreen22
November 29th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Ho-oh and lugia can mainly be the same pkmn but the pll who made the game wanted one more pkmn

why isnt lugia a dragon type?

Lavabyle
November 29th, 2006, 12:24 PM
^ I dunno but dragon is kind of a vague genre, and almost any type can mix with it. It woulnd't match ho-oh much either if it was dragon.

Cassino
November 29th, 2006, 04:46 PM
euhh, i almost forgot this thread, hehe; well good info everyone :)

and on this dragon thing, i think lugia fits that; but ye, ho-oh doesn't

Lavabyle
November 29th, 2006, 04:56 PM
What do you think it would be like if all 3 legendary birds were dragons instead of flying? I think it would help control them slightly more in terms of power, with them each being weak to each other.

*On a side note, I love your new Tohsaka avvy Hotaru! =3

Cassino
November 29th, 2006, 05:08 PM
ehe thanks

and ther'; that's interesting, though they aren't dragons, good thought methinks

Volta.
November 29th, 2006, 06:25 PM
A long time ago I had also thought about a F/I/E trio of dragons. And they had stupid names too XD
I remember Magmalen ^_^;

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
December 1st, 2006, 04:56 PM
I really don't like legendary Pokemon, the only Pokemon that are legendaries that I like are, darkari and Giradina

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Skymin
December 1st, 2006, 06:04 PM
oh really? Most people think that legendaries are a "must-have!"
Take my friend Aidan for example
He's trying to get event pokemon on LeafGreen, like Celebi, Mew, Deoxys, Lugia yadda yadda,
but he probably wants them to fill up his pokedex lol
i think he has.... 350? i dont know, but 3 hundred and something

Volta.
December 1st, 2006, 06:18 PM
The only 00bers I use in battle are Latias and sometimes Latios, and rarely, Kyogre. But usually just the first one

Crimson Arcanine
December 1st, 2006, 07:29 PM
Personally, theres some I consider uber and others which I don't. That being said the only legendaries i've ever used in a team were Latias And Suicune.

Skymin
December 1st, 2006, 07:42 PM
oo!oo! i lloovvee Suicune! and articuno, they're my favourite
and Lugia, and Latias... :)