PDA

View Full Version : Colorado high school shooting

Drifblim
September 28th, 2006, 04:25 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/-/2/hi/americas/5387062.stm

From what I heard, a gunman burst into a school in Bailey, Colorado, and took six students hostage, eventually killing one of them. It was all over the news today and I wanted to see if anyone here was affected by this incident.

Otter Mii-kun
September 28th, 2006, 03:43 PM
It's Columbine all over again...
No wonder our schools are so screwed up...yet republicrats always call for more regulations and takeaways of civil liberties in the name of 'improvement'. This is what results of it.
(Perhaps this incident was a protest to extending the years of required schooling and forcing students to live like those in other countries? [using the same immoral rethoric as nationbuilding the Middle East]?)

Ryoutarou
September 28th, 2006, 07:01 PM
It's Columbine all over again...
No wonder our schools are so screwed up...yet republicrats always call for more regulations and takeaways of civil liberties in the name of 'improvement'. This is what results of it.
(Perhaps this incident was a protest to extending the years of required schooling and forcing students to live like those in other countries? [using the same immoral rethoric as nationbuilding the Middle East]?)Must you turn every little thing into something political? And you seriously think this guy cared about regulations? He was probably just another depressed, picked on guy with a gun.

Back on topic, heard about this yesterday. Couldn't really hear anything but this on the news.

Drifblim
September 29th, 2006, 11:54 AM
The guy was actually a homeless man with a sex record, Jorge.

And I highly doubt this forum has anything against political turns and twists, so I see no crime in what Otter said.