View Full Version : Bad Egg in mauville???

April 19th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Can you find a bad egg in mauville?Where at in mauville?

:badsmile: vs :( = :dead:

April 19th, 2004, 12:09 PM
i never heard of a bad egg in MAuville...i think it might be a rumor :paranoid:

April 19th, 2004, 12:10 PM
What the **** are bad egg?

April 19th, 2004, 12:13 PM
i heard theyre eggs you put in a game with a gameshark, and they never hatch

April 19th, 2004, 1:01 PM
they're eggs you set the parameters for with gs/ar. You can change the level that the pokemon hatches at and whether it's shiny or not. I think you might also be able to change the items it's holding as well.

April 19th, 2004, 5:26 PM
I heard that you sometimes get one in an R/S rom and it freezes the game when it's about to hatch. I've also heard that Nintendo smuggled it into the rom to teach rommers a lesson.

April 19th, 2004, 8:58 PM
Both untrue. "BAD EGG" is listed when an invalid Pokmon is in the roster. This usually happens when you mess up a Shark code, but game bugs can cause it from time to time. They acts in the game like normal eggs, but the Pokmon type is BAD EGG instead of EGG, and they never hatch. There's nothing sinister; it's a simple placeholder like Missingno, but made to be totally stable and not do anything.

Jesus Freak Josh
April 19th, 2004, 9:36 PM
I heard the Bad Egg contains Deoxys (But it never hatches)...

April 20th, 2004, 4:46 AM
well i'm sorry about that. I got one from a gs code that I was trying to get deoxys so I guess I must have messed up. I released mine after about 50000 steps because it didn't hatch!

April 20th, 2004, 2:22 PM
I've heard that if you get a Bad Egg that hatches (which most of them don't) it will erase your save file when it hatches. I've never gotten any though. I always enter codes right. Hehehe...

April 21st, 2004, 3:32 AM
Wouldn't you just use save states instead of a save file?

April 21st, 2004, 11:14 AM
When a bad egg hatches, it freezes ur game in roms