PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Special scanlations?

ph1shf00d
October 6th, 2006, 05:46 PM
I'm wondering if making them would be illegal. I have volumes 1-19 right now and am expecting to get 20-22 in a bit. I kind of grew up with this series and would love to see it gain more popularity, so I thought it would be a good idea to do scanlations. Mine are all in Korean, though, but fortunately, I'm fluent enough to read and understand them (and if my translation skills are off, my parents could correct me). I've seen scans around, but no scanlations.

I'd just like some opinions before starting anything. Thanks in advance.

Silvanus
October 7th, 2006, 10:59 AM
Good idea, I think we all would be very happy if you could scanlate some of the volumes 8 and higher.

Hikarii
October 7th, 2006, 11:59 AM
We really would. @_@; I wish I could read some other langauge. Ii'd scanlate too. XD

I think as long as it's for this community, it should be all right. o-o;

enyce
October 8th, 2006, 12:03 AM
All scanlations really, were never legal, but people don't cease doing that because of that reason. They do it for the fans around the world, who can't enjoy the series, due to it being in another language, not for sale in the country, etc... Like, Inane and Shannanro (these are groups) does naruto. Manga 7 does bleach.

This site, allowed Nicole B to do scans of the poke special 1-7 (well, thats the extent of her scanning) so I dont see a problem with you doing the same. Eh?? It would be rather hypocritical if they didn't allow you.

If it doesn't work out on this site, I can PM a few sites, that would gladly accept your project. You might have to tell them, it's more mature, than the pokemon they may be thinking of. People might down it becuase it's pokemon.

(Seeing as, I have been looking for poke special. I haven't found much to any luck)

Pikachu_Charizard
October 8th, 2006, 10:05 PM
You should do it starting from Volume 8. Anyway people scanlate Naruto and Naruto is avalible in the U.S.A PokeSpecial isn`t. Anyway good luck!!!

enyce
October 9th, 2006, 01:28 AM
The current chapters of Naruto arent in the U.S.A ^_^

We're on 326 scanlation wise ^_^

Pikachu_Charizard
October 9th, 2006, 01:30 AM
I know Viz are really behind but Viz are still traslating the Naruto Manga,unlike Pokemon Special.

Maxim
October 13th, 2006, 10:34 AM
I'm wondering if making them would be illegal. I have volumes 1-19 right now and am expecting to get 20-22 in a bit. I kind of grew up with this series and would love to see it gain more popularity, so I thought it would be a good idea to do scanlations. Mine are all in Korean, though, but fortunately, I'm fluent enough to read and understand them (and if my translation skills are off, my parents could correct me). I've seen scans around, but no scanlations.

I'd just like some opinions before starting anything. Thanks in advance.

You have hoenn volumes in Korean?! Cool! Korean names of Hoenn Gymleaders and other signicifiant characters (like Team Admins, Leaders and some others), please! I need them! I have all Korean names except Hoenn!

Toki
October 19th, 2006, 09:40 AM
ph1shf00d it's very good idea, do it.

ArmchairRomeo
October 23rd, 2006, 02:20 AM
You should do it starting from Volume 8. Anyway people scanlate Naruto and Naruto is avalible in the U.S.A PokeSpecial isn`t. Anyway good luck!!!

Er... why volume 8? Some of us haven't even read one volume yet because it's all in Japanese.

Amachi
October 23rd, 2006, 04:31 AM
If you look here (http://theud.com/pokecommunity/showthread.php?t=64966), you can see that they have been scanlated by nicoleb, so people have read them.

But yeah, scanlation of Pokemon special is basically at a halt. It's a shame, I read all of nicoleb's scanlations in one night (i found them zipped on another site), and then I realised that I'm stuck without anymore :(

However, you have some competition - http://www.zomgfta.com/ are currently up to the 95th chapter of the manga.

But good luck to you anyway.

Phatkav
October 23rd, 2006, 12:07 PM
If you have free time in your hand then post the scantlations.

Pikachu_Charizard
October 23rd, 2006, 01:40 PM
Nicoleb didn`t scanlate them she just scanned them. But anyway ph1shf00d hasn`t posted for a while.

Gama85
October 24th, 2006, 04:13 AM
Maybe ph1shf00d's busy translating the volumes for scanlation:\ ? But seriously dude/dudette, if it's possible please scanlate the johto and hoenn volumes:'(

Pikachu_Charizard
October 24th, 2006, 09:51 PM
ph1shf00d has only posted once.
Still you can always hope.

Schizophrenic Charmander
October 25th, 2006, 02:33 PM
You'd rise to fame like Nicoleb did X_X. Anyway, it would get a pretty positive response over here, and if you did volume 8+ it'd be great for everyone. But don't go to Serebii, they're very uptight about this sort of thing.

Akari+
October 27th, 2006, 06:44 PM
I could help if you go through with it. I'm Korean so yeah, I could help.

Of course, if you do decide to Scanslate it, I think it would be best if you start with 15+, actually. As zomgfta is already working on the GSC volumes, and we already have the RGB/Y volumes, so starting out with RS/FRLG/Battle Frontier might be the way to go.

Also, I haven't read it in Korean, but for the names, are they any different? Is Red 'Red', or 'Bbar-Gahn'? >_>

If you go with the volumes involving Green and Blue, could you have Green as Red's rival and Blue as the girl that stole Squirtle?

Yeah...

phantomness
October 27th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Wow! I'd love it if you could scanlate! ^^ Please go ahead

Pikachu_Charizard
October 27th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Zomgfta has stopped scanlating the GSC saga.

Akari+
October 27th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Where'd it say that? >_>

And uh, *increases the characters so I can actually post*...

Kylie-chan
October 29th, 2006, 03:08 AM
Where'd it say that? >_>

And uh, *increases the characters so I can actually post*...
I know you're only new, so I'll just quickly point out that you need to read the rules -- bypassing the 25-character minimum is against the rules. ^_^;;; Please go read them ASAP before you post again, mmkay?

Oh, & it's still illegal, but yes, we did let links be posted, iirc... I think, if you want to scanlate and post them here, to ask an admin. :x

Akari+
October 29th, 2006, 07:26 AM
I didn't bypass it, I just added filler text... Of course, now that I reread it, I only needed to add 5 characters. >_<

enyce
October 29th, 2006, 08:26 PM
;2271724']If you look here (http://theud.com/pokecommunity/showthread.php?t=64966), you can see that they have been scanlated by nicoleb, so people have read them.

But yeah, scanlation of Pokemon special is basically at a halt. It's a shame, I read all of nicoleb's scanlations in one night (i found them zipped on another site), and then I realised that I'm stuck without anymore :(

However, you have some competition - http://www.zomgfta.com/ are currently up to the 95th chapter of the manga.

But good luck to you anyway.

We'll have gray hairs by the time zomgfta finishes. They haven't added a chapter, in forever.

Pikachu_Charizard
October 29th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Nicoleb is now up to Chapter 101 or was it 102? ph1shf00d hasn`t posted in a while.

Akari+
October 29th, 2006, 09:48 PM
So when do you think you'll be able to start, Phishy? And are you gonna start from the GSC series? Oh, and if you are, will you be doing the chapters after the RS saga?

FR/LG only has one volume out, but they've already made more than half of the chapters of the story, even though they weren't released.

Battle Frontier has no volumes out, but they've already got 20 chapters finished as well.

So do you think you'll work on those ones too?

Pikachu_Charizard
November 11th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Don`t push ph1shf00d and it`s been a month since ph1shf00d last posted , it`s doomed!

coolguy5
December 30th, 2007, 02:04 PM
can u plz upload volumes 10-19 plz i've searched everywhere trying to read it and now i can finally read it if u scan them so plz!!!

Nid
December 31st, 2007, 07:23 AM
Don't worry, all mp3 and movies in internet are illegal too

Kitori_theTeamAquaSuicune
January 2nd, 2008, 08:09 PM
Well, for volumes 16-19, you shouldn't worry, since I'll be posting those up quite soon.

benji
January 4th, 2008, 04:39 PM
I don't suppose this project really worked out...

Maxim
January 5th, 2008, 01:49 AM
I don't suppose this project really worked out...

It did not.

ph1shf00d (or whatever) disappeared.

I don't know (and don't care, either) who revived this thread, but it should be closed.

Pokespecial is a damned manga, I've noticed that sometime ago.

coolguy5
January 11th, 2008, 09:36 PM
can u scan volumes 18 19 plz, i really wanna read them and they're the only 2 i havent read

Maxim
January 12th, 2008, 01:34 AM
can u scan volumes 18 19 plz, i really wanna read them and they're the only 2 i havent read

OMG!

This thread really needs a mod.

I wish someone close this thread. WHO BUMPED IT?!

Careful With That Axe, Pichu!
January 13th, 2008, 02:23 AM
Stop mini-modding and report next time instead.

And guys, check if the topic isn't already rotting before posting on it.