View Full Version : Nintendo DS Browser

October 7th, 2006, 6:16 AM
It finally came out in Europe! This was actually news on 6th October.

I can't wait to get it and I've been waiting for a few months now for it come out.

Sorry if this belongs in technology.

October 7th, 2006, 6:28 AM
ah that's cool!!!!!!!!!!!!is it out in america???

October 7th, 2006, 6:34 AM
I don't think so... It'll probably get there within' a week or two.

October 18th, 2006, 11:03 AM
heard it was slow to load the zoomed in screen.
It doesn't play flash, and some website buttons don't load or work.

I doubt I'll buy it.

October 18th, 2006, 11:51 AM
It's only meant for those who have to travel alot or who want to browse the internet in public area's. You don't need to buy it when your at home most of the time, like me.

October 18th, 2006, 11:52 AM
I don't blame it for not supporting Flash; the browser isn't intended to completely replace the need for a browser on a traditional computer and most [decent] sites give you the option of viewing the page with or without Flash. So I don't see a big loss there.

I'll probably get it just for the sake of having it; it'd be nice to be able to check something quickly if I'm in the vicinity of a hotspot and don't want to use (or don't have) my laptop. :x

A North American release date would be nice, though. DX

October 18th, 2006, 1:11 PM
I'd consider purchasing it if my dad didn't have a Blackberry. Sure, the iddy biddy keyboard is a pain, as is navigating with a scroll wheel, but I'm able to surf the net via Bluetooth even when I can't pick up a Wifi signal on my DS. So...

October 18th, 2006, 5:38 PM
i've been interesting in getting this as well as a WiFi USB. the wifi usb because i searched for hotspots on the official WiFi website and it seems that it's mostly mcdonalds that are hotspots, and i despise mcdonalds. doesn't anyone know if most starbucks are hotspots? there are tons of them on campus, so i wouldn't have to worry if so. someone told me this, but i couldn't confirm it.

i don't necessarily need the browser, but like demyx said, it'd just be nice if you had it.

October 19th, 2006, 7:44 AM
Starbucks = Yes

Starbucks should be a hotspot, especially on a campus.

October 19th, 2006, 8:45 AM
My dad usually uses starbucks, but some of them are paying hotspots.

October 19th, 2006, 7:15 PM
My dad usually uses starbucks, but some of them are paying hotspots.

...but they can't charge a Nintendo DS, can they?

October 20th, 2006, 10:36 AM
ArmchairRomeo: I'm pretty sure they could if they wanted to. o_O

I want it, just to have it. It'd be fun to browse on the DS every once in awhile~ Or at least, that's what I think. XD; That, and I don't own a laptop, so it'd be nice if I was traveling. ^^;

I'd like a North America release date as well. Technically, I could get it, as I live in Europe... but 40 Euro is expensive with the current US Dollars to Euro exchange rate. :/

October 21st, 2006, 12:29 AM
Don`t complain there are only 26 Hotspots in the whole of Australia.

October 21st, 2006, 12:54 AM
I don't need a hotspot since I have a wireless router. :D

The main reason I want this is to be on the internet when my parents want me to be doing something else. XD