PDA

View Full Version : Flash! North Korea has Tested a Nuclear Weapon

Red1530
October 8th, 2006, 06:57 PM
I the past few minutes of this post the North Korean's have tested a Nuclear Bomb.

Sources: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,218699,00.html
http://www.cnn.com/

Gunn
October 8th, 2006, 07:33 PM
The North said last week it would conduct a nuclear test as part of its deterrent against a possible U.S. invasion.

That's a little frightening to here. China and Japan agreed to get into action about this.

Suki
October 9th, 2006, 06:41 AM
Yeah, someone told me about it today that they were making nuclear bombs underground. I don't want more fighting in the world, we already have the fights in Iraq.

Ryoutarou
October 9th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Yeah, someone told me about it today that they were making nuclear bombs underground. I don't want more fighting in the world, we already have the fights in Iraq....and in Sudan and in Columbia and the Ivory Coast and in the Congo and in so many other countries, there's nearly always at least one conflict going on.

Anyway, this kind of freaks me out since a few of the countries that are going to get involved have the potential to pull their allies in and then we might have something pretty big on our hands.

Forever
October 10th, 2006, 12:44 AM
If theres going to be a war, I dont think it should be started through nuclear weapons, and it's happened so cant the countries forget about it, try to prevent it in the future and move on. & If there was a war, would families stop their children from associating with others from certain contries that are involved in the middle of it?

<3 Nica--Dont like wars

Croconaw
October 11th, 2006, 03:42 PM
I saw this on GMA. They make some stupid decissions. If they DO fire the missles, there gonna be in a a lot of trouble. A new war is gonna erupt and it'll be Vietnam all over again. Kinda.

Drifblim
October 12th, 2006, 05:07 AM
Vietnam, we decided to meddle in. North Korea, they're actually shaking a stick at us. There's a significant difference.

Arcanine
October 12th, 2006, 05:30 PM
North Korea isn't what everyone should be worried about. I mean sure the second in command said "If the US doesn't come to one on one talks with us then we'll send a nuke over there". It's an empty threat. Kim Jong'Ll loves power, and he might be stupid, but he isn't that stupid. See, if he sends a nuke to the US then what will happen? We'd do one of two things.
1: Send a cruse missile in his window and he wouldn't wake up happy.
2: Go in there and drag him out on his butt and put him on trial.
In both cases he's out for good.
What people should be worried about is Iran. See, North Korea could send them a nuke and that Iran dude is crazy enough to pull off some stunt. What does he care if he gets taken out, he'll be taking a lot of people with him.

Rinji
October 13th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Holy crap, lately I've been so freaked about nuclear weapons! >_< I had to watch the movie 'The Day After' in history last week, and it shows what would happen if there were to be a nuclear holocaust in Kansas...Aaeeiii >_< Scary scary scary scary stuff....*shudders*

Jaguarsfan2004
October 14th, 2006, 12:39 PM
i heard the united nations were meeting earlyer today to deal with this

Bomberman
October 14th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Is North Korea trying to threaten us (us being the USA)?
Seriously, they have 1, we have thousands. I just want to tell them, "don't piss us off."

Suki
October 15th, 2006, 08:32 AM
I found out today that one of the powerful Korean people threatened war if the US didn't stop pestering them or something.

Red1530
October 16th, 2006, 05:17 PM
I found out today that one of the powerful Korean people threatened war if the US didn't stop pestering them or something.Yes the North Korean ambassador to the UN stated that the US pressure may be considered a declaration of war.

Blue Mew_16_2006
October 17th, 2006, 05:52 PM
If we go to war, we better end it quick and for good...to avoid nuclear war.

Sky_Ace
October 17th, 2006, 05:56 PM
We can't go to war with these people, they will blow us off the map!

Drifblim
October 17th, 2006, 06:10 PM
We can't go to war with these people, they will blow us off the map!No, the idea is, we'll blow them off the map if they start. And I don't think Kim Jong-Il i going to risk his life and country to provoke the US into launching a nuclear attack. Granted, it'd get us in trouble, but his country would be destroyed as collateral. For all I know North Korea won't use them, but they'll sell them to whoever has the audacity.

Sky_Ace
October 17th, 2006, 06:17 PM
No, the idea is, we'll blow them off the map if they start. And I don't think Kim Jong-Il i going to risk his life and country to provoke the US into launching a nuclear attack. Granted, it'd get us in trouble, but his country would be destroyed as collateral. For all I know North Korea won't use them, but they'll sell them to whoever has the audacity.

You got a good point there... But, what if they launched first? (Bush being dumb)

Arcanine
October 18th, 2006, 12:52 PM
We can't go to war with these people, they will blow us off the map!
Blow us off the map. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That'll be the day.
Them blowing us off the map, that just made my day, thanks for the good laugh.....

You got a good point there... But, what if they launched first? (Bush being dumb) What good will it do? We got more subs out there then you can shake a stick at all of them have nukes far far more powerful then the ones we dropped on Japan. If NK nuked a city in the US then we'd make a parking lot out of them. And I'm pretty sure the US is keeping an eye on NK. If they do shoot one over here there's a good chance it'll be taken out before it gets here.

And if Bush is so dumb what would you do about it?

Blue Mew_16_2006
October 18th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Well I can speak for me and my bro. What would I do? Wage war and bomb them for a month non stop day and night...if it took that long...wich it wouldn't because there smaller than any country besides al salvador wich for those of you who dont k'now, al salvador is a tiny tiny country some where in south america some where under mexico.

Lord Mike
October 20th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Screw North Korea. Screw Kim Jong Il. Screw its government.

All I know is that Japan isn't going to stand for this, and neither is South Korea. But the fact remains unknown whether China will follow through with its threat.

I hate North Korea. I think Kim Jong Il should've never been born. Heck, I wish there was not Korean war in previous history and maybe, just maybe, this wouldn't happen.

Though, everybody hates North Korea. I hate it. You hate it. We all hate it. Even countries like Iran hate it.

And btw, the only totally confirmed countries in the Middle East with nucleur weapons are Israel and Pakastan, both of which are US Allies, and think Iran too, but I'm not sure.

Red1530
October 20th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Even in a conventional war the US will wipe them off the map.

Sorye HK
October 20th, 2006, 06:50 PM
The only thing as of now that's stopping the U.S from attacking North Korea is really just the resistance they'll get from South Korea, China and Russia. North Korea may not have the technology to knock out the U.S, but they've certainly got enough to wipe out South Korea and parts of China at the least.

What's ironic is that here in South Korea, most people are either too preoccupied with the Dokdo islets and China's history distortion that they're not addressing the issue properly. At most, it's either the regular "Sunshine policy went to waste," or "North Korea's our brother, the U.S is our enemy," kind of talk.

The fact that Kim Jong Il might launch a suicide attempt is somewhat scary, but what bothers me even more is the large amount of people thinking that North Korea having nuclear weapons is basically the same thing as South Korea possessing them.

Personally, I think the president should have stood his ground at some point earlier than to keep up with his "non-conditional North Korea policy," when his own people are suffering from the floods.

Jaguarsfan2004
October 21st, 2006, 12:56 PM
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/dprk/images/kim-jong-il_jinzhengri.jpg

Here a Update

MOSCOW (AFP) - Russia has indicated it would strictly enforce sanctions on North Korea as US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice met top leaders in Moscow at the end of a tour to push for full implementation of the UN penalties in response to Pyongyang's nuclear test.

ADVERTISEMENT

"It seems clear that the Russians take 1718 seriously," a senior State Department official said Saturday after Rice held talks with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, referring to the UN Security Council resolution imposing sanctions on North Korea.

"They talked about tightening some of their controls on the border," the official said, adding: "They are interested in working with us" on the sanctions.

There was no immediate comment from Russian officials on Lavrov's talks with Rice.

Rice was due to hold separate meetings with President Vladimir Putin and Defense Minister Sergei Ivanov, though all of her meetings in Moscow were closed to media.

She arrived in the Russian capital Saturday from China and was scheduled to depart Sunday.

Speaking to reporters aboard her plane en route to Russia, Rice said the purpose of her stop in Russia at the end of a five-day swing that included visits to Japan, South Korea and China was to coordinate tactics to counter the threat posed by North Korea's recent nuclear bomb test.

"The purpose of this visit is to continue the discussions about the North Korean nuclear test and adherence to resolution 1718," Rice said.

"Since Russia is part of the six-party framework, we can talk as we have in other places about the path back to diplomacy should North Korea choose that path. The trip to Moscow really is a continuation of the work with the members of the five parties on the North Korean file."

Rice queried reports that North Korean leader Kim Jong-Il had apologized for the nuclear bomb test his country carried out on October 9 and, according to South Korea's Yonhap news agency, had promised that the country would not conduct a second test.

"I don't know whether or not Kim Jong-Il said any such thing," Rice said.

She said she had heard nothing of the kind in her discussions in Beijing with Tang Jiaxuan, China's special envoy on North Korea who on Thursday became the first foreign official to meet Kim face to face since the October 9 test.

"Tang did not tell me that Kim Jong-il either apologized for the test or said that he would not ever test again."

Lavrov said prior to his meeting with Rice that both the United States and North Korea needed to be flexible in resolving their differences.

"Both sides need to show flexibility," Lavrov said in an interview with the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA, the transcript of which was published on the Russian foreign ministry's website.

Rice's visits to Japan, South Korea and China this week focused on how to implement UN sanctions, which include international inspections of North Korean cargo.

Her talks in Seoul and Tokyo were inconclusive in terms of securing specific promises on implementation of these cargo inspections.

The United States says it wants to prevent the North, which US President George W. Bush has described as part of an "axis of evil," from transferring weapons of mass destruction and nuclear know-how to groups and governments hostile to the United States.

In addition to withdrawing from the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty in 2003, North Korea is also on the list of nations that have not joined an international treaty banning chemical weapons.

Rice has been urging nations to vigorously enforce the sanctions and take a hard line on Pyongyang.

Prior to Rice's arrival in Moscow, North Korea said that US joint war games with South Korea, coming in the wake of the recent imposition of fresh UN sanctions, were pushing the region to the edge of war.

The statement, carried by the official Korean Central News Agency, said North Korea possessed a "tremendous war deterrent" and also warned Japan against taking part in any future joint exercises.

"The US is ceaselessly staging DPRK-targeted war exercises in the sky, on the ground and in the sea of the Korean Peninsula and its vicinity," it said, using the initials of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

"This is a grave provocation driving the situation on the peninsula to the brink of war and a dangerous play with fire aimed at igniting a war against the DPRK," it said, citing one ongoing operation and another war game planned for next week in South Korea.

Although Rice and other US officials insisted that the Moscow visit was about North Korea, Rice also said that she would raise a variety of other issues with her Russian hosts, including controversial regulations for non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and the crisis with Georgia

Red530
October 21st, 2006, 05:47 PM
I just noticed that you put my username but with a "1." XD

Sorry, just had to mention that.

_mew_
October 26th, 2006, 05:58 AM
Smash dicatorship......

I wish they would Disarmed Nuclear weapons.....Though its alot more complicated than that

Cassino
October 26th, 2006, 06:57 AM
the US has over 5000 nuclear warheads
north korea has only enough resources to make about 12, so they say

guess who just won world war 3 xD

however, nuclear war is stupid and only destroys land that is better to sieze for one's own exploits :3
and like any massive area-effect weapon it often damages what you don't aim at aswell

Jaguarsfan2004
October 26th, 2006, 07:21 AM
the US has over 5000 nuclear warheads
north korea has only enough resources to make about 12, so they say

guess who just won world war 3 xD

however, nuclear war is stupid and only destroys land that is better to sieze for one's own exploits :3
and like any massive area-effect weapon it often damages what you don't aim at aswell

i don't want to know lol lol lol